• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Not a good lineup of Descendeds for 10x. Valkyrie, normal Zeus in Zeus Challenge, and Guan Yinping are the only ones worth looking at.

(edit: I didn't remember the coin rotation isn't switching till near the end. Coin Goemon is also a good farming spot, but probably not worth it when Zeus is up for free.)

Also, 2x skill up rates and fusion bonus?

whatyearisit.jpg

Wonder what Challenge 19 is actually going to be this time.

So this just happened. One shynpy awhile ago, the rest were that stupid bird.
nfsuMBt.jpg
Really glad I pulled a second Amaterasu. It would be way too painful to lose all this "work".

Just beat level 10 making this my first no stone challenge dungeon clear. Sakuya took care of 6-9, but I decided to use Yomi for C10. I'm really liking both of them as leaders.
Just cleared C10 for the first time myself. Yomi'd my way through 8, 9, and 10. Took two attempts for C10 because of a horrible Haku board on Hera-Is. Had to gamble on not getting orb trolled against Dios so I could save my actives for Stratios.

Feels good man.

raiot

Oh wow, 10x, finally! I will hate this Game in one week. Im blessed with exactly 0 ROdins, so i have to run it manually with shivadra....

razterik

Well, you can still speed it up by subbing in an ult Goemon (or two). Just check your full board damage against the boss HP and try to use skill boost subs like Yamato.

I'm going to run a Goemon/Rodin hybrid because I lack my own second Rodin for button pushing. Should be almost as fast, only have to tap ShivaDra first.

The taste of victory is sweet, even if I had a super lucky run. Had a couple skyfall activations and barely enough orbs half the time. Thought I was toast on Hera Is when I couldn't quite finish her off, but she used 100% gravity which I survived thanks to A.Susano's fresh rainbow resist latents.

Just read a post on optimal 10x +egg farming and there was a good point about Goemon dungeon being better than Zeus. You get 4 +eggs per run in either dungeon, but you get a non-plus mask in Zeus versus a gold box drop in Goemon. It takes times to actually sell off the hundreds of masks you'll accumulate running Zeus, and the extra gold from Goemon more than offsets the 1mil gold per hour buying it from the coin dungeons. I'll probably run Zeus to top-off my stash of Divine Masks, then switch to buying Goemon from the coin dungeons while it's available.

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement, same as EU I think.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
New Year’s Resolutions Event Godfest
3 HOURS AGO · PUBLIC
[Duration]: 12/31 (Thurs), 12:00 AM - 1/2 (Sat), 11:59 PM (PST)
This special 3-Day Godfest features 3x Rates for featured Gods and 4x Rates Godfest Exclusives!
Day One will feature Five Elements, Indian Series 1, and Egyptian Series 2 Gods. Day Two features the Three Kingdoms, Samurai, and Greco-Roman Series 2 Gods. Day Three features the Mechanical Star Series, Indian Series 2, and Japanese Series 1 Gods.
One special feature of this New Year’s Godfest is that the Godfest Exclusive lineup is unique for each day. Godfest Exclusive lineups appear at 4x rates, but Exclusives missing from the particular lineups on each day will also appear at Standard Rates!
Also during the New Year’s Godfest, all eggs from the Rare Egg Machine will have guaranteed +Egg status!
Evolved forms of Featured Series and Godfest Exclusives are not included.

Day 1

920720_1192405564121367_3592732791182592523_o.jpg

Day 2

883975_1192405757454681_1163023033963777306_o.jpg

Day 3

1933178_1192406380787952_6134316567778956519_o.jpg

Will pull day 3 for new mech gods and hopefully some 4xGFE goodness.

Also said screw hoarding descended drops, waiting for 10x sell rates to come. Need the box space for +egg farming. I also reduced my evo mat stashes since GH is removing the requirement to evo several skillup mobs and I don't foresee them introducing many/any more that require evos before feeding either. Was able to reclaim ~700 box space.

Yomidra, I am ready for you!
I'm torn between using my stones to start plussing the Yomi Dragon and subs and pulling in the godfest. I know the right answer, but I hate letting a godfest go by without any pulls...

hermit7

Will pull day 3 for new mech gods and hopefully some 4xGFE goodness.

Also said screw hoarding descended drops, waiting for 10x sell rates to come. Need the box space for +egg farming. I also reduced my evo mat stashes since GH is removing the requirement to evo several skillup mobs and I don't foresee them introducing many/any more that require evos before feeding either. Was able to reclaim ~700 box space.

Yeah day 3 is a target as well for me. I think the new constellation gods are quite good, and will be good.

Is na getting all the mp dragons same as eu?

jay23

I probably shouldn't roll... Surprised they haven't added new gfe in time for this.

I'm saving about 10-15 stones for 10x descended. I've decided to just start plussing my Kalis since they're the most versatile cards I have. And they'll continue to get voted in for updated versions in the future.

It's tough because I enjoy using my Shiva team the most but I'm missing a key sub (urd).

theDonutking

Neo Member
What dungeon is everyone planning to run for the 10x descended event? I keep hearing everyone planning to run Zeus' dungeon but isn't it not considered a descended anymore or am I referencing the wrong Zeus? I'm also hearing chatter of doing Goemon's coin dungeon...

What dungeon is everyone planning to run for the 10x descended event? I keep hearing everyone planning to run Zeus' dungeon but isn't it not considered a descended anymore or am I referencing the wrong Zeus? I'm also hearing chatter of doing Goemon's coin dungeon...
Zeus will be available throughout the event in the Zeus Challenge. I think if you're mostly interested in stamina efficiency, Zeus is the way to go this event. Goemon is for the time efficiency approach, i.e. if you are throwing stones at the game, going for most +eggs per hour.

razterik

Is na getting all the mp dragons same as eu?

Yes, they are on the NA FB page as part of the New Year's MP shop lineup.

Zeus in Technical dungeons is no longer considered a descended. All of the dungeons in the Zeus Challenge however are counted as descendeds and do qualify for 10x rates. So the first stage of Zeus Challenge is the Zeus dungeon most people are referring to.

If you're running dungeons for button pushing and +eggs/hour, Goemon in coin dungeons is likely your best option. I forgot about the mask floor in Zeus which slows things down because you need to sell or feed them away. Over a large amount of runs, the gold difference is also considerable and pays for any amount spent purchasing the coin dungeon.

Sadly, there isn't a great option for people looking at +eggs/stamina. Zeus Mercury or Guan Yinping are okay, but hard to farm quickly. Hopefully we see Hera-Sowilo or Kanetsugu coincide with 10x next time. It might even be wise to hold back on stoning during this round of 10x if you're looking at optimal efficiency.

JP New Year's dungeon announced as co-op. Yeah, we aren't getting this for a while unless they've been slaving away on a major update all Christmas break. Also looks to have a potentially farmable Awoken Amaterasu skill up? Good thing I haven't used piis on her yet, although it may be just as tedious to obtain. The special REM is again only the New Year's cards, so the the rates are probably just as piss poor, but some of the silvers are okay I guess.

hermit7

Yes, they are on the NA FB page as part of the New Year's MP shop lineup.

Sweet i had thought so but I couldn't find it on the na page and only saw it on EUs.

Going to get yomi dragon. Already have a decent team for him (a. Haku, b. Panda, okuni, a.haku or diza.) Even dvalk would be ok I thinK. Maybe if I can roll a castor I can sub him in the final spot. It seems like the best option for arena if that's what I want to do.

razterik

Heads up for anyone running coin Goemon with 10x speed farm teams. Jewel invades are apparently still ongoing, despite not being listed in the event schedule. They will wreck your run if you aren't prepared.

Edit: beat, haha

Rixa

Heads up for anyone running coin Goemon with 10x speed farm teams. Jewel invades are apparently still ongoing, despite not being listed in the event schedule. They will wreck your run if you aren't prepared.

Edit: beat, haha

:)

I did 4 coin Alt dungeons yesterday, not so surprisingly didnt see any PYs. But got 4 stones, one to go before they took them away. Not sure what day I do it. Thursday goes to Trifruit farming, other days for Zeus farming.

Not going to use stones for sta refreshes, just using normal stamina for plus eggs. Iam not sure for whom to give those + eggs. As A.Orochi is nice utility card (tho skillvl 1) he is good choice. A.Hino could be another good candidate (max skilled), or A.Lakshmi. Or something else, prolly not any Wood unit anyways.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sweet i had thought so but I couldn't find it on the na page and only saw it on EUs.

Going to get yomi dragon. Already have a decent team for him (a. Haku, b. Panda, okuni, a.haku or diza.) Even dvalk would be ok I thinK. Maybe if I can roll a castor I can sub him in the final spot. It seems like the best option for arena if that's what I want to do.

I kinda want Yomi Dragon as well but im missing Haku which is kinda a big part of the picture as well. He is the only Dragon who would kinda make sense but without the best sub spend as many MP Points seems crazy.

My relevant dark subs for him would be Izanami, Okuni,Satsuki, Castor, Persephone, Pandora, DMeta, Durga, A.Yomi, Z8, Lumiel, Halloween Blonia.

ZombAid82

I had a good PuzzleMas :)

Finally I have awoken my Hades, as well as Tsukuyomi and I turned my Persephone in D/G because of the better Awakenings.
Got myself a Beelzebub, a Zeus-Dios and -Mercury.
The only thing I need now is tamadras till I die!

Now what to do?

Does anybody have a team for me to recommend for my new dark killers?

smbu2000

Wow, I've missed having Jewel invades. I've run Kanetsugu about 10 times today and I've picked up 4 red jewels. Nice, but I still need dark jewels. Kanetsugu on 5x drop isn't as good as 10x, but I'm still trying to skill up my AA Lucifer. I've gotten him up to level 12, only 4 more to go.
Still plus egging my Persephone as well, only need 30 more to finish her off.

I also managed to 297 the Okuni on my iPad. Now I just need to skill him up.

Tried out that multi dungeon with Belial/Amon skill ups as well. Didn't have any problems, although it was strange since I was playing with myself ( ;-p ). I used the Yomi Dragon team on my iPhone and played with the Yomi Dragon team on my iPad. Went smoothly although I had to keep switching between the two of them.
I kinda want Yomi Dragon as well but im missing Haku which is kinda a big part of the picture as well. He is the only Dragon who would kinda make sense but without the best sub spend as many MP Points seems crazy.

My relevant dark subs for him would be Izanami, Okuni,Satsuki, Castor, Persephone, Pandora, DMeta, Durga, A.Yomi, Z8, Lumiel, Halloween Blonia.
Not all of those subs as optimal for YomiDra. The ones who are not gods will not get the 1.5x ATK/RCV bonus. They will only get the 4x attack (16x w/friend) instead of the 36x that gods will receive (and 2.25x RCV).
Satsuki/AYomi/Z8 are not gods. Sonia as well?

You can use them and they can be helpful, but they are not optimal. At first I was using Kite and Levi on my team, but since they aren't gods their attack was much lower than everybody else.

Okuni is a must. Castor looks great (I want one myself. I have red Antares on my iPhone and blue Alrescha on my iPhone.) Persephone, Pandora, DMeta, DIza and Durga all are useful as well.

My current teams are:
iPhone: YomiDra/Persephone/Okuni/AHaku/AHaku
iPad: YomiDra/Pandora/Okuni/AHaku/DMeta
All of them are gods so they all get the ATK/RCV bonus.

linsivvi

Guess Zeus Mercury will be my farming dungeon of choice since I am not spamming stones non stop anyway so time is not a concern.

4 guaranteed drops + 3 rare drops including evolved water golem (which everyone will need a couple of) and much, much better xp.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Woo! Finished up my Zaerog8 this morning! Now to start the painful max skilling process. Can't remember what team I used to take him down...

ZombAid82

Guess Zeus Mercury will be my farming dungeon of choice since I am not spamming stones non stop anyway so time is not a concern.

4 guaranteed drops + 3 rare drops including evolved water golem (which everyone will need a couple of) and much, much better xp.

Sorry for the noob question, but, for what?

Damn, Yomidra is gonna be a long road. I'll probably manage one 297 from this event, since I won't be stoning too much. I think my arena team will be Haku, Okuni, Stratios, Panda/Akechi. Haku is already done, so I'll probably go with Okuni next, then Yomidra.

Is there any reason to use Panda over Akechi, other than the fact that he can't be skill atm? Outside of arena I'll probably be using both (subbing out Zeus), but if I can get away with only hypermaxing one of them that would be awesome.

I want a Yomidra so bad. I have good enough subs for it, but I'd need to spend a ton this GF and kill my box for it. I couldn't run the arena with it, but I'd be able destroy everything. Figure I'll wait until I can comfortably get 300K MP and see if anything else has come out to take it's spot. Shiva Dragon seems cool as well, but I have no subs for it.

J0dy77

Thanks for the reminder. Mech Hera looks pretty great. I already have hador, just need the mechs.

hermit7

Well I bit the bullet and bought yomidra. Going to take a while before I will be able to max and evo him.

I wasn't aware that a. Haku was a god, and was pleasantly surprised. Was going to add in valk instead of a second Haku, but that seems silly with haste and they are both max skilled.

Going to try and hyper one of the Haku I think, or maybe even just yomidra this event. It is going to take a bit to get all the piis to max skill him but it is doable.

I want a Yomidra so bad. I have good enough subs for it, but I'd need to spend a ton this GF and kill my box for it. I couldn't run the arena with it, but I'd be able destroy everything. Figure I'll wait until I can comfortably get 300K MP and see if anything else has come out to take it's spot. Shiva Dragon seems cool as well, but I have no subs for it.
I'm in the same boat. Got all those subs except Akechi but nowhere near 300k mp for the purchase. Selling a chunk of my box could get me there but I value the diversity in my box - would hate to put all my eggs into one basket and get power creeped out in the near future.

Epic Drop

Damn, Yomidra is gonna be a long road. I'll probably manage one 297 from this event, since I won't be stoning too much. I think my arena team will be Haku, Okuni, Stratios, Panda/Akechi. Haku is already done, so I'll probably go with Okuni next, then Yomidra.

Is there any reason to use Panda over Akechi, other than the fact that he can't be skill atm? Outside of arena I'll probably be using both (subbing out Zeus), but if I can get away with only hypermaxing one of them that would be awesome.

Pandora has better/more awoken skills, but a worse active. I find akechi very important for fixing a bad haku board (one that doesn't have any enhanced dark orbs).

I've been running goemon all morning and I think I'm hooked on 10x egg farming. I'll never farm normals ever again, it's just so nice to see the plus egg drop on every floor! Hoping between natural stamina and stones that I can hyper 2-3 cards during this event.

J0dy77

Well I bit the bullet and bought yomidra. Going to take a while before I will be able to max and evo him.

I wasn't aware that a. Haku was a god, and was pleasantly surprised. Was going to add in valk instead of a second Haku, but that seems silly with haste and they are both max skilled.

Going to try and hyper one of the Haku I think, or maybe even just yomidra this event. It is going to take a bit to get all the piis to max skill him but it is doable.

No clue how you guys can afford to purchase all these MP cards. When Shivadra came back I pulled everything out of my box that I could and barely broke 100k. :(

hermit7

No clue how you guys can afford to purchase all these MP cards. When Shivadra came back I pulled everything out of my box that I could and barely broke 100k. :(

A long time ago i rolled a bunch in godfests, and I sold all my dupes (had 2 blue Odins and 2 blue Sonia) that I sold. I had around 450k after that time.

When Halloween came out I bought hkali, which I don't regret, she is a really good sub and is used on all my rainbow teams. Had 340 or so after the Predra and I figured that I had a levelled team ready, nearly all maxed out as well, and I really don't roll that much anymore so it seemed like the best purchase.

Not have Dkali made the decision much easier (no radra) and shivadra seemed like a good choice but for me a. Shiva is just as easy to farm with so he didn't seem like a good choice.

There is the guerilla resist dungeon coming out though which may be a decent source for Predra. So you may be in luck. I probably would be in your shoes if I didn't have the 4 6* that were all dupes.

FZZ

Banned
Wonder if I can get Dmeta day 2 of this godfest

Basically the only monster I have wanted consistently since I started playing PAD. Oh well she isn't needed since I have 2 arena capable teams, but it would just be fun to use her once in a while.

smbu2000

Well I got lucky and max skilled my AA Lucifer. I was at level 12 and needed 4 more, so I fed him the 5 that I picked up and got all 4 levels to max him. Great! Now I need to do his new super uevo. He could be useful with his strong attack (3 TPAs) and his 2k auto heal. His stats are really nice and he is a god which means he can work on a YomiDra team. His skill knocks you down to 1 HP, but YomiDra is easy to heal back up with those 6 hearts.

Also started running DIza 5x4 to try and get some dark resist latent awakenings. My YomiDra is able to get through it without too many problems. Much easier than running it with my Kite team. Picked up one so far, still need a lot of them.

The multi dungeons are at half stamina. Does that mean you can farm things like Z8 and the others like Scarlet at half stamina now that they are in the multi dungeon section? That's pretty good at only 25 or 20 stamina per run.
It's doable, it also depends on what you've rolled before. On my iPad (secondary account), I haven't IAP'ed at all and I was able to afford a YomiDra. I had like 2 extra LMetas that I sold and 2 extra Grodins as well, which gave me a nice boost at 15k each.
Selling any extra Descend bosses also helps, especially if there is the 10x bonus on. (100MP for each) Bonuses from the Ranking dungeons help as well with that 10k you can receive.

Both of my accounts are on the JP servers, I'm not sure how it is for other regions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, OG Zeus on 10x has yielded me 12 +eggs in 3 runs. I don't know what "good" +egg/stam is, but with how easy this is? I'm assuming it's 4 guaranteed +eggs in a run.

E: Is there any benefit to max skilled OG Zeus? Either Dark or Light variant?

Man, OG Zeus on 10x has yielded me 12 +eggs in 3 runs. I don't know what "good" +egg/stam is, but with how easy this is? I'm assuming it's 4 guaranteed +eggs in a run.

E: Is there any benefit to max skilled OG Zeus? Either Dark or Light variant?

Zeus Stratios is used in most Yomidra arena teams. Need the gravity for kali. I don't think it's used much at all outside of this specific edge case.

smbu2000

Zeus Stratios is used in most Yomidra arena teams. Need the gravity for kali. I don't think it's used much at all outside of this specific edge case.
Yeah, that's the only reason I made mine. 10x with Zeus Challenge around is a good time to skill him up, especially if you are planning to give him plus eggs as well.
I just need to get him some dark resist latent tamas...

If you want to get an evo'ed Zeus, it's best to get him from God Rush. His evo form Awoken Zeus drops from the boss. That way you don't have to worry about evo'ing the regular Zeus. If you get 3 more from there you can get his awakenings done as well. Then you just need to do his uevo to Stratios.

theDonutking

Neo Member
Taking everyone's advice, I've been running the Zeus descend and it's been pretty good so far; 16+ per stone. It's kinda like running a more expensive but more efficient star vault! This 10x drop is great!!

Top Bottom