• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Are resist latent the big one people want? I see that one come up often.

Also, ran golds a bunch. Got my Ilm ready to evo, Ult Athena and Ult Valk maxed. Is Athena any good? I remember when she first came out she was just OK.
Yeah. Resist latents are considered the most useful latent awakenings for some of the hardest dungeons in the game, the Ultimate Arena in particular. They're also very expensive at 20K MP a piece, so farming them is the better option if you can.

As for Athena, she's still a decent farming option, but not really used on any current endgame teams. Worth keeping for easy farming if you don't have a better option.

Rixa

This from my side of the Pond:

30-image.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah. Resist latents are considered the most useful latent awakenings for some of the hardest dungeons in the game, the Ultimate Arena in particular. They're also very expensive at 20K MP a piece, so farming them is the better option if you can.

As for Athena, she's still a decent farming option, but not really used on any current endgame teams. Worth keeping for easy farming if you don't have a better option.

Awesome. And they're currently available in 5x4 Ur? Hmm...

Also, I looked and don't see a Pirate Dungeon Technical. I can run Ult Arena, so I think I've got everything unlocked?

razterik

I think you have to finish Mystic Dragon technicals first, and probably others before that one. Arena came out before some of these, so it opens up earlier. The dungeons don't follow a strict bottom to top order of unlocking.

I would note that resist latents are important for Arena, but very rarely needed outside it. If you haven't solidified your Arena team, there's little rush to go for the latents that are the final piece. And all latents become significantly easier to farm once the PreDra/Latent guerrilla dungeon arrives. Probably several months away from that coming to NA, but it's something to keep in mind.

Rixa

Any reason you running legend over mythical? Do they get the same amount of plus eggs?

Main reason is my sucky party :(
I think in Mythical you get 1-2 +eggs more per run (atleast on PF they said so). But with that party I cant clear HS Myth. I do have another max leveled & max awoken Y&U but I dont have cost to add it. Also my wood team kinda sucks but still its best of my teams. Got many rem units but not total party to make :(.

And all latents become significantly easier to farm once the PreDra/Latent guerrilla dungeon arrives. Probably several months away from that coming to NA, but it's something to keep in mind.
Ooh sweet. Didn't know there will be an even better option for latent farming. I just farmed 6 Fire resists, spending 5 stones. Not bad results at all imo. I also realized with all the gold you get (176,400g) for clearing the dungeon, it's essentially free for me to run aside from stam refreshes.

J0dy77

Either I'm really lucky or resist latent invades are actually way better than I expected in 5x4 Hera-Ur. I got 3 invades in about 15 runs. Might not sound like much, but much cheaper than buying them from the MP shop. Of course you need a team that can consistently clear it. 5x4 makes it pretty tough for a lot of teams. I used my standard Shivagon team with Rodin replacing A.Leilan to deal with the invades.

What's your normal shiva dra team look like George? I have so many good red subs, hard to decide for my urd team. I normally run ares, set, Yamato and red Valk. Thinking about dumping Yamato but not sure for whom.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think you have to finish Mystic Dragon technicals first, and probably others before that one. Arena came out before some of these, so it opens up earlier. The dungeons don't follow a strict bottom to top order of unlocking.

I would note that resist latents are important for Arena, but very rarely needed outside it. If you haven't solidified your Arena team, there's little rush to go for the latents that are the final piece. And all latents become significantly easier to farm once the PreDra/Latent guerrilla dungeon arrives. Probably several months away from that coming to NA, but it's something to keep in mind.

OK - this may be the issue. Still haven't cleared Frost Dragon Technical. Tried it and it was...Rough. May be worth just waiting to farm Zaerog8 when he comes around again since that dungeon was tough but doable.

J0dy77

Finally got through challenge floor ten on my fourth try. Was getting really bad boards and that hera-ur preemptive is a nightmare for combo teams. All of those jammers can really tell your board.

Now to figure out what to do with my stamina for the rest of the event without 3x normals or 10x descended. Hera-ur 5x4 might be the way to go.

razterik

OK - this may be the issue. Still haven't cleared Frost Dragon Technical. Tried it and it was...Rough. May be worth just waiting to farm Zaerog8 when he comes around again since that dungeon was tough but doable.

Ilsix is fairly nasty without the right setups. But he shouldn't need to be beaten first. This is what your technical tab should look like when Pirates are open:
Don't mind my horribly lazy progress lately.

Also, goodbye NA alt technicals. Disappearing on the 1st. Hope everyone ran through all of them and picked up the free stones. Co-op update soon? Or just another NA screw job.

JP getting a whole slew of New Years stuff. Co-op Challenge is going to be a shitshow if they don't balance for single player. Also all MP Dragons up for purchase at once. Maybe new MP rotation stuff coming? 4x rates for Godfest exclusives again. Should make this permanent since the pool is so huge now.

Digitalyosh

Neo Member
Does anyone know if Freyr is a viable sub for an Awoken Shiva team to burst through the higher challenge dungeons and/or Arena? Running A.Shiva, Urd, A.Hino, Cao, Yamato.

Rixa

EU GungHo has announced New Years God Fest:
Not sure if NA has same, or different lineup, or even only 3x drop rates for GFE.

EUPAD NY GF said:

GungHo EU said:
*THREE PART Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 31/12, 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (UTC) - PART 1
[Duration]: 1/1, 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (UTC) - PART 2
[Duration]: 2/1, 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (UTC) - PART 3
This special New Year Three Part Godfest features 3x Rates for featured Gods and 4x Rates for featured Godfest Exclusives!
Part 1 will feature the Five Elements, Indian Series 1, and Egyptian Series 2 Gods. Part 2 features the Three Kingdoms, Samurai, and Greco-Roman Series 2 Gods. Finally, Part 3 features the Mechanical Star Series, Indian Series 2, and Japanese Series 1 Gods.
One special feature of this New Year’s Godfest is that the Godfest Exclusive lineup is unique for each day. Featured Godfest Exclusive lineups appear at 4x rates, but Exclusives missing from a particular day's lineup (i.e., not pictured) will also be available at Standard Rates!
Also during the New Year’s Godfest, all eggs from the Rare Egg Machine will have guaranteed +Egg status!
*Evolved forms of the Featured Series and Godfest Exclusives are not included.

razterik

Besides being a complete waste of time and a showcase of terrible PAD skills, the current JP stream is the biggest anti-sell for co-op play I could possibly imagine. They have to fix this if
they want it to be the game's future.

And Merry Christmas, everyone. Heh.

Looks like their idea of fixing it is basically forcing people to do them by making the next set of challenge dungeons co-op. smh. I thought that co-op would be the thing to make the game more interesting for me, but it's been the complete opposite.

All MP Dragons available around New Years. I night make some sacrifices (RIP padz monsters) and buy Yomi Dragon. Gonna be a long road for that Arena team.

smbu2000

Merry Christmas!

I thought I had screwed myself on Wadatsumi when I cleared floor 1 too quickly and had just under 80% HP and there were a lot of hearts left on the board. I ended up accidentally healing myself on the next turn. I didn't check what Leviathan's attack was, but I was just able to survive it with DMeta's 35% damage reduction skill. His attack was 72k.
I cleared the dungeon without too much trouble after that.

DMeta/YomiDra/AHaku and friend DMeta are all hyper. Satsukis are only max skilled.

I cleared all of the descend challenges on my iPhone and just need the two top ones on my iPad.

I also got the Okuni on my iPhone to 297 now. My current Yomi Dragon team is YomiDra/Halloween Kali/DW Okuni/AHaku x 2. All are hyper, except for one A.Haku who isn't max skilled yet. I think I'd like to replace Kali with my D/G Persephone though. Kali's skill is hit or miss for YD. Will I get more than 5 dark orbs and will one be enhanced. Persephone would be much more consistent and give me another dark orb changer. She's max skilled, but doesn't have any plus eggs. I'm in the process of giving Zeus Stratios plus eggs.

Cleared Santa for the stone as well with my Kite team.

Epic Drop

I have perseph on my yomidra team and I love it. One benefit that I hadn't considered is her +heart awakening, which is super convenient when you have no dark orbs on the board, use her to break hearts, And now have usually at least one enhanced dark orb on the board so you can activate!

NineH

Pulled the Christmas REM since it's Christmas and all but yeah, bah humbug is all I can say. Pulled 10 times and got all silver which is no surprise I guess considering how everybody saying it was a trap. On the bright side I got all the silver eggs but I did get 5 Christmas Liliths and no dupes of any other silver eggs.

Epic Drop

Merry Christmas padgaf :)

I'm actually kind of hyped for awoken faluci. Nearly 2x rcv/HP on a 16x dark row leader with godslayer for 3x damage to a ton of bosses (according to Reddit works outside of multiplayer?), and a 150k unresistable nuke to deal with high defense enemies. Throw some Pandora's, Persephone, akechi, etc, and the team could pretty easily have 40k HP and 7k rcv. Wild!

Edit: just realized infinirog would work on awoken faluci (devil type) to feed a constant supply of dark orbs...

ZeroAKA

Merry Christmas padgaf :)

I'm actually kind of hyped for awoken faluci. Nearly 2x rcv/HP on a 16x dark row leader with godslayer for 3x damage to a ton of bosses (according to Reddit works outside of multiplayer?), and a 150k unresistable nuke to deal with high defense enemies. Throw some Pandora's, Persephone, akechi, etc, and the team could pretty easily have 40k HP and 7k rcv. Wild!
All of the new artwork are amazing. Awoken FA Luci looks really fun to use.

razterik

New seasonal (biweekly!?) REM art getting better every time.

Too bad the cards and gold rates are getting much worse...

Yay, now I can spend 300k MP to buy a very slightly different Amaterasu. No way HotKanna makes it into shop.

Definitely converting my hypermaxed FA Luci to Awoken form. It was a pain in the ass max-skilling him (I even did it before you could use Dub-myths) but his active skill and non-awoken forms have long been left behind by power creep. Also, the new awoken is a good/better alternative to Rodin for speed farming. Lower cooldown, still 3 skill boosts, higher damage and bypasses defenses and status shields.

Luci's active is a bit of a mess. Apparently it's not even certain to ignore defense. And regardless I think it either needs a shorter cool down or more dark orbs created. But that leader skill looks awesome. Overall I'd say he's a successful awoken. But a slight active adjustment could make him epic.

Epic Drop

Luci's active is a bit of a mess. Apparently it's not even certain to ignore defense. And regardless I think it either needs a shorter cool down or more dark orbs created. But that leader skill looks awesome. Overall I'd say he's a successful awoken. But a slight active adjustment could make him epic.

If it ends up not ignoring defense, I hope it's changed to provide six dark orbs or three orbs plus enhance dark or something (or they could just be lazy and put a haste on it).

Still, overall, the first awoken I've been legitimately excited about in a while. The norse awokens were boring imo

FZZ

Banned
The skill delay is what keeps on fucking me up when doing it lol.

Mainly because I want to save my board changers but they will 2HKO me with my Awoken Ra team and both times I did it I tried to save my board changers lol.

razterik

Volsungr really takes the cake for crappy rogue dungeons. I thought Z8 was bad, but at least it's limited to only a couple annoying floors. Every floor outside a few early ones in Volsungr is just a mess of punishing low level teams of all kinds. Made it to the boss a couple times only to watch him skill delay over and over until my teams were in double digit active range before he pounded me to death. What a joke. Too bad it's the last dungeon I need to finish.

Managed to miss running the JP snow globe dungeon and I'm not sure I even care. Struggled on a few dungeons in the Challenge Descended and haven't farmed any plus eggs during 10x. Completely forgot about the biweekly hidden in the co-op menu that I could use to skill up Amon. I miss being able to see all the new stuff on one page, not buried behind a bunch of sub menus.

smbu2000

Well I hypered my Okuni the other day and now I've finished off my Zeus Stratios as well. Now I just need to max skill my 2nd A.Haku and then farm a bunch of dark resist latent tamas for them. Luckily 5x4 Izanami will be around during the New Years event.

Now I'm currently plus egging my Persephone to use on my normal Yomi Dragon team.

I was farming Sowilo until I max skilled my Apollo and now I'm running Kanetsugu to try and skill up my AA Lucifer. Getting up to level 9 for Apollo was a bit tough, but having a guaranteed drop every run of Sowilo is very useful. AA Lucifer is more difficult...There is a 50/50 chance of his skill up fodder dropping every run of Kanetsugu and you have to get him all the way up to level 16...Mine is barely up to level 6.

I have perseph on my yomidra team and I love it. One benefit that I hadn't considered is her +heart awakening, which is super convenient when you have no dark orbs on the board, use her to break hearts, And now have usually at least one enhanced dark orb on the board so you can activate!
Yeah, she is pretty handy. That is also a good point for her, especially since she converts those hearts to dark. My current team doesn't have an orb enhancer, so it is handy to have. My team has 7 dark orb enhance awakenings (and 2 water orb ones) so I don't have to worry about skyfall dark orbs not being enhanced. YomiDra/Pone/Okuni/AHaku x2

My iPad YomiDra team has DMeta on it, who is able to enhance dark orbs every 5 turns. Very handy.

Volsungr really takes the cake for crappy rogue dungeons. I thought Z8 was bad, but at least it's limited to only a couple annoying floors. Every floor outside a few early ones in Volsungr is just a mess of punishing low level teams of all kinds. Made it to the boss a couple times only to watch him skill delay over and over until my teams were in double digit active range before he pounded me to death. What a joke. Too bad it's the last dungeon I need to finish.

Managed to miss running the JP snow globe dungeon and I'm not sure I even care. Struggled on a few dungeons in the Challenge Descended and haven't farmed any plus eggs during 10x. Completely forgot about the biweekly hidden in the co-op menu that I could use to skill up Amon. I miss being able to see all the new stuff on one page, not buried behind a bunch of sub menus.
I've only tried it with my Kite team, but I'm able to go through it without too much trouble. I'd imagine green teams would be the easiest to run through it.

For the boss, all you need to have is a turn delay skill and he's easy to get through. I use Vegito's 1 turn delay on him and then take him out in 2 turns. 1 to knock out his resolve and the other turn to finish him off. I haven't tried it with other teams though.

Rixa

Thanks to Tama Retreat (my first in EUPad) managed to get nice amount of awokens to my new team. Obviously this is not the superb team, but I wanted littlebit change and its about best I can get with Alt :).

Gryps Rider needs uevo, missing one mask and fruit. Purely Non IAP account. SBR 80% = 0% :p

Jagernaut

hermit7

It's here. It's finally finally here. *shreds a tear *

Yup. Going to buy some stones for this one. Might use them to plus a yomi dragon team so I can have an arena team when he comes back.

Or I can keep working on shiva and Bastet. Maybe Bastet would be ideal considering they are skilled. It probably is my best team and can beat most content aside from arena.

Top Bottom