• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

ZBqd085.gif

also OT4 subtitles go

Negator

Zeus challenge complete. Now I need to figure out where these snowglobes are going. All my worthwhile green units are already max level, so I guess I have to shelf it for now.

Edit: I took the Yomidra team for a spin on some Zeus runs. Jeeezus. This is fucking insanity.

J0dy77

Ran z8 all day, bunch of clears bunch of random wipes and one skillup to show for it. Today finalized it for me, He's getting the dark piis I'm sitting on when I get around to creating pirate zaerog.

Okamid3n

Got my second +297, A.Sakuya. My first was Shiva, a while ago. Now I'm wondering if I should plus the rest of my Shiva team which has pretty much perfect subs or my A.Sakuya team which only has L.Kali as a perfect sub, but is still very good.

I think I'll go with A.Sakuya, because there aren't many instances where I want higher stats on Shiva anymore, whereas I'd really like A.Sakuya to have higher HP/RCV.

razterik

also OT4 subtitles go

Cosmo died for our 10x, haha. Welcome back.

Stuff like this really makes co-op exciting for me

Have a friend who doesn't play much anymore since they feel like they're stuck so I'm gonna be happy to help them out with dungeons they find a little more difficult

You can't really cover for them unless you're physically together and able to play on their device. I think there is a one-time free pass turn chance per dungeon, but that's not enough to really carry someone and you both risk losing stamina.

Whoa that actually sounds pretty cool.. I haven't payed attention to any of the co-op news, can you run any descended co-op?

Also can we get 3x skill up too pls gung ho

No, co-op is currently limited to dungeons under the co-op tab. Right now it's only alt technicals, rogue descendeds, Mecha Hera, and the new 7x6 board biweekly dragon dungeons. New Year's dungeon should also be there and I expect most future content to be available there as well. They are pushing co-op hard so I wouldn't be surprised to see it available on older content eventually. Fair warning, the new co-op stuff is distinctly not balanced for single player so it can be difficult or nigh impossible to complete that way.

FZZ

Banned
You can't really cover for them unless you're physically together and able to play on their device. I think there is a one-time free pass turn chance per dungeon, but that's not enough to really carry someone and you both risk losing stamina.

Yea, I know my friend personally and if we do co-op it'll most likely be in person. They're getting back into playing, but obviously Zaerog won't be the only dungeon I'll try with them. It just seems like there's so much they can do with co-op and I'm really excited for that.

Whoa that actually sounds pretty cool.. I haven't payed attention to any of the co-op news, can you run any descended co-op?

Also can we get 3x skill up too pls gung ho

iirc it's alt technical dungeons and a handful of descends

But definitely noteworthy descends, like I think all Legend+ dungeons are co-op. But I'm not 100% on that.

edit: razterik is correct, so listen to him instead lol

Half off co-op dungeons is extremely ridiculous. 20 stam/Z8 attempt coupled with 3x skillup rates means rank ups for days while making good progress towards a max skill Z8, I think I might actually finish him off tomorrow.

razterik

I really want to abuse the half off Z8 and Scarlet, but I just don't have the matching skills or easy teams to burn through them. Maybe I need to try again to assemble a better team.

I had a lot of trouble with it until somebody recommended Bastet; after that my clear rate has improved dramatically. Don't even need a plussed or optimized team to clear it

If you have the team archetypes to support them, you can also cheese Floor 9 with either Genie or Indra (Susanoo works too I guess) if your puzzling skills aren't up to par. Activate them on Floor 8 right before you clear it and watch Z8 tickle you a little.

Rixa

After frustrating amount of fails yesterday in Zeus Vulcan dungeon I deciced to do something else and grab Red Jewel at some other time. Today failed twice on Zeus Mercury (forgot that stupid "Bind all Wood") managed to beat it 3rd try. So much stamina wasted :p.

Going to run few times in KotG for rank exp and some +eggs. While doing so this happened and its not even 1.5x drop rate.

razterik

I had a lot of trouble with it until somebody recommended Bastet; after that my clear rate has improved dramatically. Don't even need a plussed or optimized team to clear it

If you have the team archetypes to support them, you can also cheese Floor 9 with either Genie or Indra (Susanoo works too I guess) if your puzzling skills aren't up to par. Activate them on Floor 8 right before you clear it and watch Z8 tickle you a little.

No Bastet on JP, sadly. Have all the pieces I could ever need for it, too. I can field Osiris or Parvati, but both need a bunch of awakenings I don't want to farm yet unless I'm going to use the team frequently.

My shield options are hypermax Susano, skill lvl 2 Thief, and the dark Ultimate Fencer Santa. I've tried a few combinations of them on A.Sakuya and A.Ra, but I can't pull a consistent win record with these teams because I get stuck on random floors. Even rage stoned a couple times because I was getting frustrated and immediately regretted it.

So fuck it, I'm going to try grinding it with Minerva again. Can probably roll Scarlet with that now as well after her red resist buff. Putting out a request to you or smbu for a BF slot Minerva.

smbu2000

No Bastet on JP, sadly. Have all the pieces I could ever need for it, too. I can field Osiris or Parvati, but both need a bunch of awakenings I don't want to farm yet unless I'm going to use the team frequently.

My shield options are hypermax Susano, skill lvl 2 Thief, and the dark Ultimate Fencer Santa. I've tried a few combinations of them on A.Sakuya and A.Ra, but I can't pull a consistent win record with these teams because I get stuck on random floors. Even rage stoned a couple times because I was getting frustrated and immediately regretted it.

So fuck it, I'm going to try grinding it with Minerva again. Can probably roll Scarlet with that now as well after her red resist buff. Putting out a request to you or smbu for a BF slot Minerva.
I'd like to help you, but I just made my Minerva a few days ago. She is still low level (level 60) and is missing all of the new awakenings and is still at skill level 1. (no plus eggs)

If you play Z8 in multi it's not too bad. On floor 9 his skill cooldown preemptive only affects the first player that enters the floor. I did a quick run with my A.Ra teams (on both of my accounts) and put my Indra on both teams. He used his preempt on one team and I just used my Indra on the other team. Then I didn't have to worry about his attack taking me out.
With the extra HP you get from both teams it makes it easier as well.

I've only tried the 40 stamina dungeon (20 stamina ATM), which is the same difficulty level as the standard Z8.

razterik

Not all of us can play with ourselves! Heh. Don't want to run multi with randoms, especially if I don't speak their language, and I don't really have time to sit down properly to play with somebody anyway. All reasons I hate the co-op "requirements" in some of these dungeons.

Don't worry about the Minerva. If you get her up eventually, great, if not I'll manage. Still working my way through the alt technicals, hoping not to get smashed by crazy preempts.

Cosmo, you're my only hope.

MiTYH

Hey all, looking for some assistance. Just reached a rank to get 50 stamina, and obviously a whole bunch of things (descended raids mostly) opened up for me. What are the best guides out there for teams to take, and strategies, and order to tackle them?

Thanks!

fek

I went from skill level 5 to max yesterday doing Z8 solo but at half stamina would be nice to make a second one too. If anyone want to try farming Z8 or Scarlet together I have A.Ra, A. Sakuya, Juggler, A. Yomi and A. Bastet teams I could use.

Okamid3n

Are there any units I should be on the lookout for in this GungHo machine?

Arthur looks alright at first, but I can't think of any balanced light teams, and damage-boosting active skills aren't really that useful anymore.

Everything else looks trash. The only good thing is potential 3K skill-ups from the mini-3K, so if you have a lot of 3k gods to skill-up, it might be worth it.

smbu2000

Not all of us can play with ourselves! Heh. Don't want to run multi with randoms, especially if I don't speak their language, and I don't really have time to sit down properly to play with somebody anyway. All reasons I hate the co-op "requirements" in some of these dungeons.

Don't worry about the Minerva. If you get her up eventually, great, if not I'll manage. Still working my way through the alt technicals, hoping not to get smashed by crazy preempts.

Cosmo, you're my only hope.
Yeah, it makes it easier to play with myself ( ;-p ) as I can switch quickly between them. I'd been running the standard 40 stamina one (20 right now) since z8 is a guaranteed drop on that one as well. I tried the new harder difficulty one and was able to clear it my first try and pick up the stone.

That's my iPad screen, but of course everything was the same on my iPhone since I used myself as a partner.

My iPad A.Ra team is first from optimal as A.Ra is the only one with any plus eggs and I don't have any Kalis either.

Being able to pass one time each is pretty helpful. I used A.Yomi's skill on my iPad and then passed to my iPhone to use LKali and finish him off after his 75% shield wore off.

Gave 5 Z8s to my iPad Z8 and went up 3 levels. Gave 5 to my iPhone one and got zilch...-_-

J0dy77

I'm happy that we finally got 10x descended but why is no one making a fuss over 10x mp? I've been waiting on the extra mp for months and have a boat load of descend leader crap clogging up my box. Jp got it back in August.

Would it really kill gungho to give us something really one time and make jp wait for a change?

razterik

Just sell them off. I cleared 350 spaces for 10x. Besides, the latent/PreDra guerrilla dungeon obsoletes 10x MP when you're earning ~400 MP per 50 stamina and farming latents at the same time.

Half off co-op gives even better returns if you can run the harder versions of the rogues, 500 MP per 25 stamina. Not that JP isn't going to abuse this so hard that it will never come to NA.

Had a random JP Minerva up and made a random run at 25 stamina Z8. Was actually very simple until the final floor. All the extra HP and boosted damage was too much for this team. Such an annoying boss.

Okamid3n

As a non-iap, I don't have the box space to worry about 10x mp.

10x plus eggs is insane though, I spent nearly two years to get my first +297 and now in 2-3 days I'm already working on my third. I wish I actually had stones saved up for this event.

Jagernaut

Arthur looks alright at first, but I can't think of any balanced light teams, and damage-boosting active skills aren't really that useful anymore.

Everything else looks trash. The only good thing is potential 3K skill-ups from the mini-3K, so if you have a lot of 3k gods to skill-up, it might be worth it.

If you don't have the regular versions, the mini 3K are pretty useful. I use mini Lu Bu, mini DQXQ and mini Cao Cao on various teams. The stats and awakenings are worse but the active skills are still good.

Bladelaw

Ok so I have some resources and I'm not sure how best to spend them:

I have a Yamato I can Uevo if I buy 2 red dragon fruits, the daily for this still wrecks me.
I have 2 snow globe dragons (purple and green) maxed out and ready to max out...someone.

My main team is in my padherder and consists of
Awoken Shiva (6 awakenings, level 65)
R/G Cao Cao lvl 80
Urd lvl MAX
Xmas Echidna lvl 82
Squall lvl 45

I'm wondering if Uevo-ing Yamato and upgrading him is worth slotting over Squall.

Ok so I have some resources and I'm not sure how best to spend them:

I have a Yamato I can Uevo if I buy 2 red dragon fruits, the daily for this still wrecks me.
I have 2 snow globe dragons (purple and green) maxed out and ready to max out...someone.

My main team is in my padherder and consists of
Awoken Shiva (6 awakenings, level 65)
R/G Cao Cao lvl 80
Urd lvl MAX
Xmas Echidna lvl 82
Squall lvl 45

I'm wondering if Uevo-ing Yamato and upgrading him is worth slotting over Squall.
I would keep Squall and use Yamato instead of echidna. Your Cao Cao already has a delay, and Yamato's time extend, heart make, and skill boosts will be invaluable.

That team should be capable of clearing the Thursday dungeon without much issue. Which part is giving you trouble?

Bladelaw

The final fight. I'm still working on my combo skills so getting the most out of Shiva is still a work in progress. Basically I can't burst down the fruits before I get wrecked.

LuffyZoro

Hey all, looking for some assistance. Just reached a rank to get 50 stamina, and obviously a whole bunch of things (descended raids mostly) opened up for me. What are the best guides out there for teams to take, and strategies, and order to tackle them?

Thanks!

Even though they opened up, you are almost certainly not at a point where you can beat descends yet. Keep progressing through normal dungeons until you get to Starlight Sanctuary and then you might be able to do some of the easy ones. Takeminikata, which is tomorrow, and Valk, which is the day after that, are both fairly easy if you want to see for yourself.

J0dy77

As a non-iap, I don't have the box space to worry about 10x mp.

10x plus eggs is insane though, I spent nearly two years to get my first +297 and now in 2-3 days I'm already working on my third. I wish I actually had stones saved up for this event.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not crazy about 10x descendeds. I don't see it being that much better than 3x normals. It really just benefits the whales who are guaranteed 4x drops for zeus and are looking for the fastest time. Maybe when we get Hera-SO I'll drop some stones but I've gotten the same drop rate from Starlight sanctuary with much better exp with just 3x normal.

50 stamina Zeus for guaranteed 4 + eggs vs 3 runs of Starlight Sanctuary where I've pretty commonly pulled three in a run... I'll take the latter.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not crazy about 10x descendeds. I don't see it being that much better than 3x normals. It really just benefits the whales who are guaranteed 4x drops for zeus and are looking for the fastest time. Maybe when we get Hera-SO I'll drop some stones but I've gotten the same drop rate from Starlight sanctuary with much better exp with just 3x normal.

50 stamina Zeus for guaranteed 4 + eggs vs 3 runs of Starlight Sanctuary where I've pretty commonly pulled three in a run... I'll take the latter.

I'm not stoning it, and I'm low enough rank (~240) that I rank up pretty often in KoG, so I've been running Zeus after a rank up or when I wake up on natural stamina, then spending the rest of my time in KoG. Seems to be working pretty well for me. Not going to hypermax anyone during this event but I should end up with 100+ eggs without really trying.

Bladelaw

Thanks!

I was at this point not terribly long ago. The descends will wreck you. Seriously. It's a literal waste of stamina. There's usually an easy floor, probably meant as a stall floor to let you get your active skills ready but beyond that you'll run into a few things that are bad news. Some enemies defense is so high you'll only do 1 damage, when you need 15000 to kill it. Other enemies black out your board so you can't see anything but vague shapes and enhanced. Other enemies spam your board with Poison or Jammer orbs that prevent you from doing damage or actively hurt you. And finally some enemies just do more damage in one pre-emptive hit than you have HP.

It took a while and some lucky rolls in Godfests (mostly PCGF) but I've cleared all normal dungeons except the last 2 in starlight sanctuary. What I should have done when I was at your rank was focus on getting one team leveled, skilled, and awoken before doing anything else.

I rolled Urd as my starter, so I went to build a fire team around her using easy to find but useful subs (Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin being a staple of my team forever), Then I farmed and skilled the little guy up. Followed by the red titans (becomes Gigas). Meanwhile I used 1 cost placeholders (Red Dragon Fruit, super king dragons, dub-lits) to fill while I ranked up and got enough cost to start slotting real monsters into my team.

A couple "Experience of a Lifetime" battles and a PCGF later and I have the team I posted above. I'm actually about 10 team cost short of using everyone recommended. Now my primary focus is on getting my "End Game" team leveled, skilled, and awoken. Leveling is easy, just time consuming, skilling up is infuriating, and awakenings I've been using the freebie TAMADRAs they give out. Fortunately I only need 6 more to be all awoken (not including latents...).

Once I've done that I'll work on building a team to clear the content that team has trouble dealing with or doesn't qualify for.

MiTYH

Even though they opened up, you are almost certainly not at a point where you can beat descends yet. Keep progressing through normal dungeons until you get to Starlight Sanctuary and then you might be able to do some of the easy ones. Takeminikata, which is tomorrow, and Valk, which is the day after that, are both fairly easy if you want to see for yourself.

I was at this point not terribly long ago. The descends will wreck you. Seriously. It's a literal waste of stamina. There's usually an easy floor, probably meant as a stall floor to let you get your active skills ready but beyond that you'll run into a few things that are bad news. Some enemies defense is so high you'll only do 1 damage, when you need 15000 to kill it. Other enemies black out your board so you can't see anything but vague shapes and enhanced. Other enemies spam your board with Poison or Jammer orbs that prevent you from doing damage or actively hurt you. And finally some enemies just do more damage in one pre-emptive hit than you have HP.

It took a while and some lucky rolls in Godfests (mostly PCGF) but I've cleared all normal dungeons except the last 2 in starlight sanctuary. What I should have done when I was at your rank was focus on getting one team leveled, skilled, and awoken before doing anything else.

I rolled Urd as my starter, so I went to build a fire team around her using easy to find but useful subs (Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin being a staple of my team forever), Then I farmed and skilled the little guy up. Followed by the red titans (becomes Gigas). Meanwhile I used 1 cost placeholders (Red Dragon Fruit, super king dragons, dub-lits) to fill while I ranked up and got enough cost to start slotting real monsters into my team.

A couple "Experience of a Lifetime" battles and a PCGF later and I have the team I posted above. I'm actually about 10 team cost short of using everyone recommended. Now my primary focus is on getting my "End Game" team leveled, skilled, and awoken. Leveling is easy, just time consuming, skilling up is infuriating, and awakenings I've been using the freebie TAMADRAs they give out. Fortunately I only need 6 more to be all awoken (not including latents...).

Once I've done that I'll work on building a team to clear the content that team has trouble dealing with or doesn't qualify for.

Appreciate the insight from you both! I'll keep my focus on the main dungeons for now and leveling up some (Currently rank 75).

Are there any main people to worry about farming? I'd imagine they're later on in the dungeons.

Currently, I'm running a team of (Can't log in to update padherder so this'll have to do):
Nephthys (lead) -- try to get the mats for her evo but I can't get that divine onyx mask x_x)
Thumbelina (fully awoken)
Echidna (for stalling)
Plesios (literally have no water monsters, trying to get mats to evolve)
Unicorn (level 68, does good damage so far)

I also have Kali (2511) but the cost is way too high for me, Guan Yu (1821), and Castor (2423). Mostly I think I need to focus on the team cost and rankings

I was where you were at a month or so ago. Man, once you can farm King of the Gods the whole game opens up and it gets a hell of a lot more fun. My only advice is to just keep focused on getting over the KoG hurdle. I'd spend a lot of time farming the highest normal on 1.5 drops you can easily clear and just rank-up, get fodder, and get plus eggs. You should be there pretty soon.

The final fight. I'm still working on my combo skills so getting the most out of Shiva is still a work in progress. Basically I can't burst down the fruits before I get wrecked.
You could try using Urd as a leader. Lowers the potential damage, but Urd > Cao Cao should give you enough damage to kill all but the blue one. Just make sure you mass attack and clear as many red orbs as possible. Make tpas if you can, but don't stress over it.

Bladelaw

You could try using Urd as a leader. Lowers the potential damage, but Urd > Cao Cao should give you enough damage to kill all but the blue one. Just make sure you mass attack and clear as many red orbs as possible. Make tpas if you can, but don't stress over it.

So I'm usually trying the Urd > Cao Cao > Squall > Shiva full red sparkle bomb. Would it make more sense to leave the hearts to build combos? To be fair this is literally my first week with Awoken Shiva. I've used Urd as my lead up until Saturday.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Honestly if i had more than 2 Blackpys now i probably would sell most of my red and light units just so i can buy Yomi Dragon lol. For some reason i feel like i should clear my box of the units i probably wont use anyway...hoarding is one of the things i dont like about PaD - working on fewer teams, fewer colors is just more fun.

If i had Haku though....lawd.

Edit:

I could run such a team though....

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.0.7..2180.99.1.0.0.0.5..2261.99.1.0.0.0.9

Only issue is that none of the units is skilled and i only have 2 Blackpys ..lol. Still worth it ?

@atlantaguy
Did you buy Yomi Dragon yet ?
Not all of those subs as optimal for YomiDra. The ones who are not gods will not get the 1.5x ATK/RCV bonus. They will only get the 4x attack (16x w/friend) instead of the 36x that gods will receive (and 2.25x RCV).
Satsuki/AYomi/Z8 are not gods. Sonia as well?

You can use them and they can be helpful, but they are not optimal. At first I was using Kite and Levi on my team, but since they aren't gods their attack was much lower than everybody else.

Okuni is a must. Castor looks great (I want one myself. I have red Antares on my iPhone and blue Alrescha on my iPhone.) Persephone, Pandora, DMeta, DIza and Durga all are useful as well.

My current teams are:
iPhone: YomiDra/Persephone/Okuni/AHaku/AHaku
iPad: YomiDra/Pandora/Okuni/AHaku/DMeta
All of them are gods so they all get the ATK/RCV bonus.

Yeah you are right - if not all subs are Gods why even bother. Shit, A.Haku is just ridiculous essential for Yomidragon that its difficult to justify her if you dont own Haku.

I wish there was a option were you could test a MP unit for like 20 minutes and still return it if you arent satisfied with the damage/team lol

I dont know...even a a non-whale having guaranteed +egg drops is quite cool, especially if it takes less time. You can easy clear 3-4 KOTG stages without getting more than +2-3 eggs, if i have the choice i probably just take the faster route.

But you are right its not THAT big of a game changer unless you stone a lot and use maxed push-button squads. Though it will get more interesting even for non-iap once we get better stages like Hera-Sowilo.

So I'm usually trying the Urd > Cao Cao > Squall > Shiva full red sparkle bomb. Would it make more sense to leave the hearts to build combos? To be fair this is literally my first week with Awoken Shiva. I've used Urd as my lead up until Saturday.
Yeah, with the full combo you get 9x from two Shivas, and making two TPA gets you another 4.5x from most of the monsters on your team.

Personally I don't even Urd the final board, a single Cao Cao activation usually gets me enough fire orbs to OHKO all but the blue fruit. Too much chance for a whoopsie to happen with full board converters too.

hermit7

You get 2 turns for the final floor that you can kill the green and red and then pop another active and kill the blue. Typically I won't kill all three (blue will be around half health or so) and then you get a second turn. Even if you can't kill on that one he uses a skill bind no actual damage.

Okamid3n

I'm actually running Zeus Mercury because it lets me skill up Uriel at the same time.

http://imgur.com/a/HfCEc

Even if I don't stone, according to the chart, at my current rank ~350 and considering level up stamina refill, it's about 6 stamina per plus egg on KotG versus 5.4 stamina per plus egg on Zeus Mercury. So Zeus Mercury is plain better. If you're also willing to stone a little, it's not even a debate.

The question then becomes if your team can farm three runs of KotG faster than it takes you to clear Zeus Mercury once. For me, farming Zeus Mercury is faster and almost as mindless as KotG.

Note : I very often get more than 4 plus eggs on Zeus Mercury and I have never gotten less than 4, so I think the chart is wrong and Zeus Mercury is even better than that.

Saw this chart on Setsu's blog. Zeus(same as Goemon) descended is much better than KoG for stam/+egg efficiency over a large sample of runs. If you really need the exp then KoG is obviously better. But even with the extra rank-ups, it's less stam-efficient than 10x Zeus.

https://m.imgur.com/a/HfCEc#

Okamid3n

Actually, Goemon seems to be worse if you're not willing to stone, when taking stamina refill from level-up into account.

According to that chart, for example, at level 350, it's an adjusted 10.5 stamina per +eggs on Goemon compared to 6 stamina per +eggs on KotG 3x normal 1.5x drop.

If you're willing to stone, though, there is no question that Goemon is better in every ways.

Jagernaut

My Zeus challenge plus eggs from 1 run each:

Zeus - 4 (easy and fast, low xp)
Zeus Dios - 2
Zeus Vulcan - 2 (very good xp but too many chests, not worth the time)
Zeus Mercury - 5 (really easy with Awoken Amaterasu and good xp, but still takes some time)

Top Bottom