• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Negator

Zeus Mercury is inconvenient for me. Don't have a team that can farm it effortlessly. Zeus is fine because I want to skill up this Zeus Stratos anyway.

Kwhit10

I've just been running Zeus since I can beat that quicker than KOG let alone 3 runs of it. I just don't have that kind of time. I had 20 stones saved up and I'm using them all at my leisure for +'s. Got about 220 so far.

hermit7

Zeus Mercury is inconvenient for me. Don't have a team that can farm it effortlessly. Zeus is fine because I want to skill up this Zeus Stratos anyway.

It is not too bad with thor and Saria. It is a hundred percent clear rate. I am holding off on using mass stones until we see part 2 of this event.

The xp is much better as well.

Got I need another izanami for yomi dragon. I have one but she is max skilled. Just need a super and her and yomidra on will be evoed, need maybe 20 more levels. Got a bunch of plusses reserved for him too, going to be my next 297.

J0dy77

I'm actually running Zeus Mercury because it lets me skill up Uriel at the same time.

http://imgur.com/a/HfCEc

Even if I don't stone, according to the chart, at my current rank ~350 and considering level up stamina refill, it's about 6 stamina per plus egg on KotG versus 5.4 stamina per plus egg on Zeus Mercury. So Zeus Mercury is plain better. If you're also willing to stone a little, it's not even a debate.

The question then becomes if your team can farm three runs of KotG faster than it takes you to clear Zeus Mercury once. For me, farming Zeus Mercury is faster and almost as mindless as KotG.

Note : I very often get more than 4 plus eggs on Zeus Mercury and I have never gotten less than 4, so I think the chart is wrong and Zeus Mercury is even better than that.

Saw this chart on Setsu's blog. Zeus(same as Goemon) descended is much better than KoG for stam/+egg efficiency over a large sample of runs. If you really need the exp then KoG is obviously better. But even with the extra rank-ups, it's less stam-efficient than 10x Zeus.

https://m.imgur.com/a/HfCEc#

Maybe I'm reading the chart wrong but I think you guys have it backwards. At rank 250 you get a plus egg every 3.6 stamina in Starlight for Zeus M it's every 4 stamina. If you take into account the loss in stamina efficiency this event doesn't make much sense for Non IAP like myself. Ill stick with starlight and hope for some lucky streaks.

The point I'm trying to make is that this isnt a huge game changing introduction to the game that the community (especially reddit) rioted over, unless your throwing stones at stamina refresh.

When Hera-SO comes back around with 10x this will be a different discussion.

razterik

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not crazy about 10x descendeds. I don't see it being that much better than 3x normals. It really just benefits the whales who are guaranteed 4x drops for zeus and are looking for the fastest time. Maybe when we get Hera-SO I'll drop some stones but I've gotten the same drop rate from Starlight sanctuary with much better exp with just 3x normal.

50 stamina Zeus for guaranteed 4 + eggs vs 3 runs of Starlight Sanctuary where I've pretty commonly pulled three in a run... I'll take the latter.

How long does it take for you to get a +297 from KotG? 20 hours? A full team? A week or more of hard playing?

With Goemon or Zeus, I can get one in an hour or two tops. A full team in a day if I'm playing regularly.

The time difference alone is HUGE. And 10x is easily more stamina efficient for anyone over rank 300, probably even lower.

Once Kanetsugu and Sowilo arrive, you can chain run them into near rank 500 with minimal stone usage. And you're looking at over 50 plus eggs per stone. KotG can't compete.

hermit7

How long does it take for you to get a +297 from KotG? 20 hours? A full team? A week or more of hard playing?

With Goemon or Zeus, I can get one in an hour or two tops. A full team in a day if I'm playing regularly.

The time difference alone is HUGE. And 10x is easily more stamina efficient for anyone over rank 300, probably even lower.

Once Kanetsugu and Sowilo arrive, you can chain run them into near rank 500 with minimal stone usage. And you're looking at over 50 plus eggs per stone. KotG can't compete.

How many stones per 297? I am rank 387 with 207 stamina so I am only getting 16 + per stamina bar.

smbu2000

Yeah, it does help when you have a character you want to skill up in mind as well for 10x. I ran Zeus when I wanted to skill up my Zeus Stratios. I did Sowilo when I was skilling up my Apollo and then switched over to Kanetsugu to skill up my AA Lucifer.

If you are just going for plus eggs then Kanetsugu or Sowilo are really good as you average about 6 per run. Sometimes 7 and rarely 5. You also get almost 30k exp for each although Sowilo is better for coins as you get well over 100k per run since it has 10 stages compared to about 40k for Kanetsugu.

Honestly if i had more than 2 Blackpys now i probably would sell most of my red and light units just so i can buy Yomi Dragon lol. For some reason i feel like i should clear my box of the units i probably wont use anyway...hoarding is one of the things i dont like about PaD - working on fewer teams, fewer colors is just more fun.

If i had Haku though....lawd.

Edit:

I could run such a team though....

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.0.7..2180.99.1.0.0.0.5..2261.99.1.0.0.0.9

Only issue is that none of the units is skilled and i only have 2 Blackpys ..lol. Still worth it ?

@atlantaguy
Did you buy Yomi Dragon yet ?

Yeah you are right - if not all subs are Gods why even bother. Shit, A.Haku is just ridiculous essential for Yomidragon that its difficult to justify her if you dont own Haku.

I wish there was a option were you could test a MP unit for like 20 minutes and still return it if you arent satisfied with the damage/team lol
Haku is nice, but not absolutely necessary unless you need to clear out the board or run into something like Bubu's all poison board. She does do nice damage with her double TPAs and her RCV (906 w/plus eggs) is great for the YomiDra RCV bonus.

In your case Castor can be a nice substitute for clearing out boards with poison/jammers. D/G Persephone is also nice at only 8 turns (max skilled) she can make a lot of dark orbs for your board. She is God/Healer so she has excellent RCV as well. (937 w/plus eggs)

Unless you really need the damage reduction from DIza, you can probably sub out somebody else for her. YomiDra is really great for being able to heal back up as long as you can take the hit. His skill also creates hearts when you are in a pinch.

You can make a nice team already even without Haku.

You don't need to have all of your badpys ready at once for YomiDra. I didn't have enough to max skill mine when I bought him. You can just gradually use them to skill him up as you get them.

Okamid3n

Maybe I'm reading the chart wrong but I think you guys have it backwards. At rank 250 you get a plus egg every 3.6 stamina in Starlight for Zeus M it's every 4 stamina. If you take into account the loss in stamina efficiency this event doesn't make much sense for Non IAP like myself. Ill stick with starlight and hope for some lucky streaks.

You're reading it exactly like I am. Note that the real Z.Mercury drop rate is slightly better than in this chart, so if your rank is 250, it's probably exactly the same, stamina-wise, wether you run Z.Mercury or Starlight, but...

...if you can farm Z.Mercury, it's much faster to do one run of it than 3 runs of starlight.

For rank 350-400, though, which is where I am, Z.Mercury is better.

But yea, at the end of the day, it's more about the speed than the stamina. I just don't have the heart to grind KotG. I'll actually probably switch to plain Zeus runs once I'm done skilling up Uriel (one skill-up left...).

Also, since I'm stoning a little, Z.Mercury becomes even better.

Honestly if i had more than 2 Blackpys now i probably would sell most of my red and light units just so i can buy Yomi Dragon lol. For some reason i feel like i should clear my box of the units i probably wont use anyway...hoarding is one of the things i dont like about PaD - working on fewer teams, fewer colors is just more fun.
I crunched the numbers and I could do the same thing as you if I sacrificed my reds and blues. The only key Yomi Dragon sub I'm missing is Akechi and my hypermax Pandora can be an okay substitute so it's tempting.

I don't want to sell my Blodin/Blonia though. Almost makes me want to dump my stones into this coming GF for another 6* exclusive to sell instead of stoning for 10x...

razterik

How many stones per 297? I am rank 387 with 207 stamina so I am only getting 16 + per stamina bar.

It depends? But with proper usage of stones, rank ups, and daily stamina, you should be able to double that running Zeus Mercury.

I'm tired of looking at numbers and I'm likely exaggerating things in my head, but I'd rather play than stress over minor discrepancies.

J0dy77

Not debating this fact at all, definitely a lot faster to run. Again, my comments and point have been that this event is for people willing to stone and maxing 297 as quickly as possible.

I'm also not sure I understand the logic with that chart. Why would the stamina efficiency suddenly change at higher ranks? It's average based. If you're getting "x" at 200 stamina you're still going to get "x" at 400 stamina.

I am actually debating if I should start stoning and trying to max out my Kirin team. I really don't like the Godfest lineup. Maybe I'll limit to one pull and use the rest for farming.

razterik

What I'm saying is that whether you're stoning or not, 10x is better.

I think the chart is accommodating effective stiamina, or what you gain through rank ups during farming.

I crunched the numbers and I could do the same thing as you if I sacrificed my reds and blues. The only key Yomi Dragon sub I'm missing is Akechi and my hypermax Pandora can be an okay substitute so it's tempting.

I don't want to sell my Blodin/Blonia though. Almost makes me want to dump my stones into this coming GF for another 6* exclusive to sell instead of stoning for 10x...

Honestly, that's what I'm doing this GF. I'm hoping for GFE, which might eventually add up to a YomiDra. I mean, if I get a 2nd DKali, or any of the GFE I'm missing I'm not selling it, but I really want as much possible MP as I can get. It also helps that there's cards I really want in most of the pantheons, especially all of the Constellation series.

Okamid3n

I'm also not sure I understand the logic with that chart. Why would the stamina efficiency suddenly change at higher ranks? It's average based. If you're getting "x" at 200 stamina your still going to get "x" at 400 stamina.

It's because it's taking into account that you rank up and refill your stamina much faster when you're lower rank. For example, at rank 100, you're effectively spending 0 stamina per + eggs on KotG because you will rank up before even spending all of your stamina. Basically, you earn so much exp relative to your rank that you never run out of staminas from the rank-up refills.

Now, the higher your rank, the more exp you need to rank up and thus stamina refills from rank up starts to matter less.

I'll give you an example of the math being used here :

At rank 382, you have 200 stamina. You need 246k experience points to rank up. KotG/Starlight gives around 818 exp per stamina, so you get about 163k exp points from throwing all your stamina at KotG.

163k is 2/3 of of the amount of exp you need to rank up. Thus, using all of your 200 stamina on KotG is equivalent to 2/3 of a stamina refill.

2/3 of a 200-stamina refill is equivalent to 133 stamina. So you spent 200 stamina to gain the equivalent of 133 stamina back. Effectively, you only really spent 67 stamina.

If you use that adjusted stamina to calculate, you get the numbers under the ranks columns in the chart.

None of this matters though, because 10x is just sooooo much faster.

ccbfan

10x versus 3x depends on your goals. (for non-IAP, for IAP 10x wins hands down)

Pros and Cons for each.

3x

Pros
1. More exp.
2. Dub Myths.
3. Fodder exp.

Cons
4. Can only run on Weekends.
5. Slow
6. Not the optimal plus egg rate. (But better than most descends)

10x

Pros
1. For certain descends great + egg rate.
2. Fast.
3. Variety of skill up monsters you can collect.

Cons
1. Low Exp
2. Schedule is tricky since it really depends on which descend is available at that time.
3. More dangerous, depending on dungeon.

The thing I like about farming 10x Zeus/Goemon is the mindlessness of it. Farming as much as possible during any down time is so tedious and boring. Being able to just push buttons and not even have to consider what's on the board makes it much more bearable. And of course the time efficiency of actual +egg gathering. Much less junk to constantly sell/feed off, and the psychological effect of knowing you're getting a guaranteed 4 +eggs per run instead of going stretches with no eggs is comforting, too.

Compare that to farming Z8 with Ra. That shit was soul-draining. Even if I got very proficient at it and could farm it fairly quickly, having to constantly concentrate on the board was mentally draining.

J0dy77

It's because it's taking into account that you rank up and refill your stamina much faster when you're lower rank. For example, at rank 100, you're effectively spending 0 stamina per + eggs on KotG because you will rank up before even spending all of your stamina. Basically, you earn so much exp relative to your rank that you never run out of staminas from the rank-up refills.

Now, the higher your rank, the more exp you need to rank up and thus stamina refills from rank up starts to matter less.

I'll give you an example of the math being used here :

At rank 382, you have 200 stamina. You need 246k experience points to rank up. KotG/Starlight gives around 818 exp per stamina, so you get about 163k exp points from throwing all your stamina at KotG.

163k is 2/3 of of the amount of exp you need to rank up. Thus, using all of your 200 exp on KotG is equivalent to 2/3 of a stamina refill.

2/3 of a 200-stamina refill is equivalent to 133 stamina. So you spent 200 stamina to gain the equivalent of 133 stamina back. Effectively, you only really spent 67 stamina.

If you use that adjusted stamina to calculate, you get the numbers under the ranks columns in the chart.

None of this matters though, because 10x is just sooooo much faster.

Thanks for this. The rank up factor is what I was overlooking. makes sense now.

It's like ccbfan pointed out, pros and cons to both sides. The biggest factor for the 10x and the theme of this discussion is time. There are going to be a lot of new 297 when it is over.

All done, time to move on to... uhh... something else
CXci-fhU0AAmTEX.png:medium

FZZ

Banned
Wow JP rng is something else

I think my past 10 rolls from the REM, all during godfests, have given me 7 silvers and 3 golds

Like I can't play this version if all my units are dated, I literally use it as a trophy box and just to test out some new content once it's released.

Rixa

Wow JP rng is something else

I think my past 10 rolls from the REM, all during godfests, have given me 7 silvers and 3 golds

Like I can't play this version if all my units are dated, I literally use it as a trophy box and just to test out some new content once it's released.

Uh wow :( This reminds my first multi (55 stones) God Fest pulls with great hopes to get something nice for my account:
4*
- Sylph
- Sylph
- Dark Dragon Knight
- Phoenix Knight
- Phoenix Knight
- Berserker Z
- Salamander

5*
- Fafnir
- Angelion
- Leilan
6*
- GD, avalon Drake

So much shit and to think this happened 5 months ago, in the end of July 2015. From those cards I have left Berserker Z (dunno why), Leilan (Harbinger uevo nowadays) and GD A.Drake (had 2, sold another).

FZZ

Banned
^^ Yes I had the exact same thing my first player's choice godfest for NA a loooong time ago.

35 stones I think though, rather than 55. But 3 star eggs were still in the REM, and I remember it so vividly the only gold I got was Hades. Everything else was silver and green star.

Literally worst feeling I ever had, was about to quit the game after that. The REM is a cruel mistress sometimes, but I feel like you are dealt the punishment first before you can reap the rewards.

Rixa

^^ Yes I had the exact same thing my first player's choice godfest for NA a loooong time ago.

35 stones I think though, rather than 55. But 3 star eggs were still in the REM, and I remember it so vividly the only gold I got was Hades. Everything else was silver and green star.

Literally worst feeling I ever had, was about to quit the game after that. The REM is a cruel mistress sometimes, but I feel like you are dealt the punishment first before you can reap the rewards.

Indeed. My saviour was & is that gameplay is so great. I have tried numerous different F2P mobages thru rerolling, just to notice later that this game is not for me. Pad offers so much possibilities & different team variations.

Edit: As usual, going to make some rolls when God Fest hits. I just dont know the day I pull and as always got so many cards to level :p.

ZombAid82

Indeed. My saviour was & is that gameplay is so great. I have tried numerous different F2P mobages thru rerolling, just to notice later that this game is not for me. Pad offers so much possibilities & different team variations.

Edit: As usual, going to make some rolls when God Fest hits. I just dont know the day I pull and as always got so many cards to level :p.

I feel ya^^
I have 30 stones now, and i'm gonna pull the 3rd day.
Vishnu and GZL doing it for me.
But yeah, my first multipull with 30 Stones was also at a time where a lot of shit was still in the REM.
Also only got one God.

smbu2000

Well I had some good luck picking up Australis (new 5 star GFE w/5 green rows) along with Leilan (nice for my A.Shiva team) on my iPad. So I picked up up some stones for my main account and...

OMG, yes!!! Eschamali! I'm super excited to have her! 7 dark orbs enhance awakenings along with her excellent wood/heart/jammer/poison to dark orb skill w/4 turn chance of dark orb dropping (10 turns max) Excellent sub for my YomiDra team.
I already evo'd her and had good luck getting a great on my off color Snow Globe along with my extra dark Super Kings/fat kings so she is at max level. Just need tamadras, badpys and then I will start plus egging her.
I also pulled Saria on my next pull after her. Sweet.

I can also use Eschamali on my Kite/A.Yomi teams as well. Yay!

I need so many badpys... I'm glad we are getting 4 thanks to the Gungho Santa Claus Descend Live Broadcast.
I'm going to try and see if I can pick up any in the alt dungeons now that they are in multi.

Rixa

Question:

Upcoming skillup material not needed to be evoed. Does it also affect to Devil Fishes too?
Would make my Vritra skill upping littlebit easier than it is now Lv.4 (max lvl 9).

razterik

No, the change only applies to chasers, fairies, and bowl demons. All other skill ups still need to be evolved as before if applicable.

Pulled once on JP between running Z8 and Scarlet at 50% success rate. Kagutsuchi. Even with his buff, he doesn't bring much to my teams anymore. I think I will pull one again on day 2 and then a few times on day 3.

smbu2000

Question:

Upcoming skillup material not needed to be evoed. Does it also affect to Devil Fishes too?
Would make my Vritra skill upping littlebit easier than it is now Lv.4 (max lvl 9).
If you run Mephisto, then the Devil Fish drop in their evo'd form already so you can feed them right away for skill ups.

Bladelaw

Ok so I've been running Ocean Demon all day looking for Cao Cao skill-ups. Currently 0 for 6. What's the point of the bowl demon? Looks like Blue Knight Muse skill up fodder.

Also for those like me who are terrible at board reads check the link for what a two color TPA board should look like

http://i.imgur.com/5h771Vv.jpg

I need to study the hell out of this as it's real easy to make any of those boards a thing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not that i need it but it seems that at least for Zeus i have a Semi-Push-Button team as well...lol - one is not like the others. So the Pis i used on Goemon a while ago werent completely useless. My Rodin i one skillup away from maxskill ...so HBlonia wont be needed if i can max him down the line.

quickmemo_2015-12-30-p0rgd.png

Also sold a couple of REM cards but i still cant justify a MP Dragon - maybe next year but right now its not worth it. I will continue working on my Water team and start a Krishna squad if i can skill him up #smallgoals
Yeah, it does help when you have a character you want to skill up in mind as well for 10x. I ran Zeus when I wanted to skill up my Zeus Stratios. I did Sowilo when I was skilling up my Apollo and then switched over to Kanetsugu to skill up my AA Lucifer.

If you are just going for plus eggs then Kanetsugu or Sowilo are really good as you average about 6 per run. Sometimes 7 and rarely 5. You also get almost 30k exp for each although Sowilo is better for coins as you get well over 100k per run since it has 10 stages compared to about 40k for Kanetsugu.

Haku is nice, but not absolutely necessary unless you need to clear out the board or run into something like Bubu's all poison board. She does do nice damage with her double TPAs and her RCV (906 w/plus eggs) is great for the YomiDra RCV bonus.

In your case Castor can be a nice substitute for clearing out boards with poison/jammers. D/G Persephone is also nice at only 8 turns (max skilled) she can make a lot of dark orbs for your board. She is God/Healer so she has excellent RCV as well. (937 w/plus eggs)

Unless you really need the damage reduction from DIza, you can probato heal bly sub out somebody else for her. YomiDra is really great for being able back up as long as you can take the hit. His skill also creates hearts when you are in a pinch.

You can make a nice team already even without Haku.

You don't need to have all of your badpys ready at once for YomiDra. I didn't have enough to max skill mine when I bought him. You can just gradually use them to skill him up as you get them.

After i read your post yesterday i was all like " F Yeah..i can do it, Yomidragon im coming..." but the reality hit me again. I have other teams i could be working on anyway and without Haku or the necessary Pys, half a year could go by until i would get all the materials to have the team ready... honestly if hadnt spend the couple Blackpys i had to finish off Z8 i probably had bought YomiD already.

What i will do instead i save up some materials so that i can get him down the line if it still makes sense.
Well I had some good luck picking up Australis (new 5 star GFE w/5 green rows) along with Leilan (nice for my A.Shiva team) on my iPad. So I picked up up some stones for my main account and...

OMG, yes!!! Eschamali! I'm super excited to have her!
Wooohoo..congrats - what an awesome pull. Talk about working on a perfect YomiDragon squad...and the Synergy Kite/Yomi etc.
Your REM Luck is nuts :eek:

Didnt know that GFE were 4X again for the upcoming Fest. I wish you good luck on your GF rolls - maybe it will get easier to justify Yomi Dragon after your pulls.

Jagernaut

Wow. Nice that is awesome.

What are your thoughts on having Loki there instead of stratios for arena? Or is the risk not worth it?

I've only watched videos of Arena but I think Stratios is safer because you can use all your other actives before Kali and know that you can do a guaranteed 35% damage with gravity.

hermit7

I've only watched videos of Arena but I think Stratios is safer because you can use all your other actives before Kali and know that you can do a guaranteed 35% damage with gravity.

Yeah I was just looking at the awakenings and the uses and felt that if you could use Loki numerous times it may be better. But you're probably correct. He may also not be a god, I didn't look at his types.

hermit7

It would have been hilarious if Awoken Astaroth/Lucifer lost Devil typing and gained God as an inversion of the Awoken Gods, but nope :(

I was looking at them earlier and I had no idea that Haku was a god. It's like they made her the most synergistic.

It would have been nice honestly if they would have made leilan a god for shivadra.

Rixa

If you run Mephisto, then the Devil Fish drop in their evo'd form already so you can feed them right away for skill ups.
Ah wow thanks for the info. Checked that dungeon from Padx and it should be doable with my Verdandi team (+ A.Orochi, 4 turns stalling at boss before skill use).

--

Question to all, is there any idea / do I have enough good subs for this, or shoul I forget:

I wasnt sure what stats / awokens AA Lucifer would have. Now I found them from Padx, I dunno when they have added Awoken Archdemon Lucifcer that info. I have Satan & Zeus but they need to be uevod.

Dark subs (Devil / God) I could use:
- 2x EBPD, Zuoh (no sbr & rcv problems) - 1 Needs uevo, both need levels & awokens
- A.Haku (OEs, no rows / 2x tpa) -> Now at lvl 85 (skl 4) max awoken
- PF, Okuninushi (small delay, 2x tpa no rows) -> Now at lvl 31, need awokens
- CoHG, Persephone (queen of hearts) -> Max lvl (skl 8), need one skill up & awokens
- A.Anubis (1k autoheal & great awokens & skill) -> Nothing done
- AD. Vritra (small nuke + damage boost skill) -> Max lvl (skl 4), max awoken
- CFG, Lu Bu (no sbr) -> Needs uevo + levels
- DS, Chester (heartmaker & 3x sbr awokens) -> Needs uevo + levels
- ES, Dill Sirius (orb maker / but 2x tpa awokens) -> Needs uevo + levels
- TP, Sleeping Beauty (bind clearer & heartmaker) -> Needs uevo + levels
- Playful Star Gods, Thoth & Sopdet (heartmaker) -> Max lvl (skl 1), max awoken, +50

Bonus: Grisar (22 turn skill...) -> Nothing done

All in all, what units to focus if I should use AA. Luci as leader. Rows could be nice change for TPA's. One more project for neverending projectlist...
I have 7 Devilits, 0 Angelits, saving pts to Evo machine, also I can clear Friday Mythical (tho not doing it for few weeks).

Bladelaw

Can I get some help weeding out some chaff in my monster box?

I have a lot of stuff, I'm not sure what to keep outside of my main A. Shiva team and the Sarasvati team I'm building while I continue poking at trying to get the mats to create Awoken Hino Kagu..What here is absolute junk/MP fodder?

Dear Father GungHo it's 3x in JP and I've fed like 20 cats to Osiris and have gotten no skillups I JUST NEED ONE MORE TO MAX SKILL PLEASE WHERE HAVE I SINNED TO DESERVE THIS

edit: I stoned for stamina and guess what immediately happens

Are all of these lowercase-named monsters I'm getting from the GungHo PAL egg machine useless?
They are designed to be fed to their "real" versions for skillups, yes

zoku88

Yes finally at the Saria skill rotation. Wish we also had apocalypse skill ups too.

My yuria team is so in need of skill ups.

Top Bottom