• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Kyuur

Was sleepy playing last night and by complete accident pulled a roll. Was going to use the stones for Sowilo farming :lol:

Got Lakshmi anyways! Basically water Gadius (well, closer to Typhon); No Andromeda or Gabriel unfortunately, but have Snow White for heartmaker/bind clear and Amberjack is decent enough that I'll probably farm one. Maybe Urd until I pull a Skuld and Aquaman for burst.

Jagernaut

I have extreme YomiDra envy right now. If I had anyway to sell off pieces to get him I would at this point, sadly I do not.

Do you have any mp dragons? I'm sitting on 360k mp and I'll buy Yomi Dragon on the last day unless they show a new and appealing mp dragon before then. The new one, Ragnarok, is not interesting to me.

Jagernaut

Was sleepy playing last night and by complete accident pulled a roll. Was going to use the stones for Sowilo farming :lol:

Got Lakshmi anyways! Basically water Gadius (well, closer to Typhon); No Andromeda or Gabriel unfortunately, but have Snow White for heartmaker/bind clear and Amberjack is decent enough that I'll probably farm one. Maybe Urd until I pull a Skuld and Aquaman for burst.

Do you have Karin? Karin and Amberjack make a great combo.

Bladelaw

Ok so my fire team is at max level/awakenings and I'm feeding plus eggs to A. Shiva as soon as I get them. I have a decent amount of XP to play with in the form of a 2 snow globes and few Super King dragons. I have the makings of a couple decent teams that need awakenings, skill-ups, and XP. Which would be the more worthwhile focus?

Water Team:
L: Sarasvati
Subs:
Hatsume
Amon
Xmas Ars Paulina
Kamui/Siegfried
swap in Urd when I need a full board change.

Earth Team:
L: Bastet
Subs:
Perseus
Verdandi
Kushi
Green Mystic Knight/Highlander
EDIT: forgot I rolled Vishnu the most recent GF I didn't update my herder so I missed it.

Rixa

Unfortunately not! Here's everything else I have REM-wise, forgot about Ruka who I also might use (she's not physical though):

U&Y
Orochi
Isis
Alfecca
Sharon
Water Dragon Knight
Ruka

Gratz about A.L. pull. Mine is currently in BF slot (2nd). Just tell / send me ingame message if I put it to first slot (if you want to test / use it). A.L. is max leveled / awokened and skill lvl is 4.

hermit7

No one posted the new mp Dragon?

Same leader skill as Horus.

Dkali active + 1 turn haste.

2x bind, 1 sbr, 1 skill boost, 2 fingers, 1 tpa, God killer awakening.

I don't know about that. Yomi Dragon can put out some pretty good damage, especially with the right subs. Okuni can do a lot of damage just by himself when you throw in TPAs.
I got this the other day when running through the multi alt dungeons with my iPad as partner. This is with Okuni's 1.5x dark boost. Eschamali didn't have all of her awakenings and only a few plus eggs, but I couldn't use my second 297 AHaku as same characters are not allowed. Persephone is also missing ATK plus eggs.

Team: YomiDra/Persephone/Okuni/AHaku/Eschamali.
Hmm, maybe I just underestimated how much the orb enhance mattered or something. I usually run YomiDra/Haku/Okuni/Pandora/Anubis and I don't think I've seen anyone break 3mil once even with Okuni's active. I have Eschamali, but she's near useless unskilled and I don't really want to waste badpys since she'll get in the skill rotation eventually.

Epic Drop

Ok so my fire team is at max level/awakenings and I'm feeding plus eggs to A. Shiva as soon as I get them. I have a decent amount of XP to play with in the form of a 2 snow globes and few Super King dragons. I have the makings of a couple decent teams that need awakenings, skill-ups, and XP. Which would be the more worthwhile focus?

Water Team:
L: Sarasvati
Subs:
Hatsume
Amon
Xmas Ars Paulina
Kamui/Siegfried
swap in Urd when I need a full board change.

Earth Team:
L: Bastet
Subs:
Perseus
Verdandi
Kushi
Green Mystic Knight/Highlander
EDIT: forgot I rolled Vishnu the most recent GF I didn't update my herder so I missed it.

You have the makings of a great bastet team, especially now that you have Vishnu. If I was you, I'd focus on that team over Shiva or sarasvati. Focus on skilling up verdandi and Vishnu and perseus.

Bastet / perseus / verd / kushi / Vishnu / bastet

Jagernaut

If you don't need Kushinada's shield for a particular dungeon I would use Wood/Fire Cu Chulain instead. Having one 5 turn orb changer is very useful on a Bastet team. Replace him with Sasuke or Leeza if you get them.

Bladelaw

You have the makings of a great bastet team, especially now that you have Vishnu. If I was you, I'd focus on that team over Shiva or sarasvati. Focus on skilling up verdandi and Vishnu and perseus.

Bastet / perseus / verd / kushi / Vishnu / bastet

If you don't need Kushinada's shield for a particular dungeon I would use Wood/Fire Cu Chulain instead. Having one 5 turn orb changer is very useful on a Bastet team. Replace him with Sasuke or Leeza if you get them.

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with my Shiva team right now. Basically if it's not water I can take it out if I'm not being orb trolled and can combo effectively. I was hoping the skills I'm picking up here would translate to Bastet and it looks like it will.

hermit7

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with my Shiva team right now. Basically if it's not water I can take it out if I'm not being orb trolled and can combo effectively. I was hoping the skills I'm picking up here would translate to Bastet and it looks like it will.

Yeah I run shiva and Bastet and can hit the combos more reliably after running shiva a bunch.

Moving to yomi dragon for high level stuff, but I still like the combo teams a lot. Bastet is great for 7x6 boards.

Vishnu is really good at reducing orb troll just gotta be decent at clearing he board, but he has a bunch of skill levels and is less ideal when not max or close to max skilled.

My combo game is pretty weak. I can get about 4 combos on an average board and 5 for the more tightly clusterd boards.

Decided to test my skills and attempted Hera-Sowilo yesterday. Took in my strongest team (I&I/Ryune) and it took me over one hour to complete (and Hera didn't drop).

It took me ~40-50 rounds to bring Athena down. There were times where I was staring at my board for a good 2 mins or so. Really need to up my combo game. I've been looking at youtube combo videos and everyone makes it looks so easy.

Was to tired to try again and get the Hera drop. Hopefully next time her descended rotates in, I'll be a stronger player.

Jagernaut

My combo game is pretty weak. I can get about 4 combos on an average board and 5 for the more tightly clusterd boards.

Decided to test my skills and attempted Hera-Sowilo yesterday. Took in my strongest team (I&I/Ryune) and it took me over one hour to complete (and Hera didn't drop).

It took me ~40-50 rounds to bring Athena down. There were times where I was staring at my board for a good 2 mins or so. Really need to up my combo game. I've been looking at youtube combo videos and everyone makes it looks so easy.

Was to tired to try again and get the Hera drop. Hopefully next time her descended rotates in, I'll be a stronger player.

You must have done Legend difficulty, Mythical is a 100% drop. Two things that help up your combos are time extend awakenings and orb changing. A Hero active like Andromeda reduces the regular board with 6 types of orbs down to 4 types. A tricolor active like Ryune has only 3 orb types so it's much easier to hit at least 6 or 7 combos.

You can also use combo practice apps. I'm on iOS and I use Path and Decision (removed from US store for some reason) and Combo Simulator. You can take a screenshot of your board and load it in the app to practice. Those 2 apps only support the regular 6x5 boards and not 7x6 or 5x4. After a while you will start to see the patterns faster.

Next MP dragon announced. Looks like a green Megatron.

DKali active and one turn haste at 10 turns.

Can't buy no RKali, but enjoy this instead at X00,000 MP!

Coming on the 16th. Maybe more of them?
As soon as I saw that on PADX, I thought of using it as an alternative for a second DKali for Radra. Glad I didn't settle on hypermaxing Fat Chocobo. The SBR covers the biggest weakness in using Chocobo. But overall it looks like it should be a pretty good alt for DKali. Higher HP means more flexibility for latents like skill delay resists on Radra. No God type but God-killer makes up for it against enemies like the Kalis. Wood means other options may be used instead of Isis. Like maybe Okuni for his delay, attack boost, and even more HP. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up being used on Radra arena teams or any other team.

You must have done Legend difficulty, Mythical is a 100% drop. Two things that help up your combos are time extend awakenings and orb changing. A Hero active like Andromeda reduces the regular board with 6 types of orbs down to 4 types. A tricolor active like Ryune has only 3 orb types so it's much easier to hit at least 6 or 7 combos.

You can also use combo practice apps. I'm on iOS and I use Path and Decision (removed from US store for some reason) and Combo Simulator. You can take a screenshot of your board and load it in the app to practice. Those 2 apps only support the regular 6x5 boards and not 7x6 or 5x4. After a while you will start to see the patterns faster.

Yep, it was legend difficulty.

My team has a lot of orb changing. My normal game plan is a combo of Gabriel + Hermes one turn and Ryune + Hatsume next turn. I actually find it harder to combo when I do this. Perhaps I should just use one board changer or one orb change (rather then a combo). I've also tried comboing from just ryune and I think my biggest hangup is breaking a 10+ combo into a group of smaller combos. I may just need to practice on just a ryune active and stop depending on a follow up orb changer.

Jagernaut

You need to practice the combos. For Ryune + Hatsume you only need 6 hearts to make a 4 combo.

8bL2dik.jpg

9 hearts and you can make a 6 combo.

If you have a big mass of blue orbs, use the other orbs to separate the blues into different chunks.

You need to practice the combos. For Ryune + Hatsume you only need 6 hearts to make a 4 combo.

9 hearts and you can make a 6 combo.

If you have a big mass of blue orbs, use the other orbs to separate the blues into different chunks.

?! My mind is blown. I'll definitely need to check this app out! Thanks for everything!

J0dy77

Do you have any mp dragons? I'm sitting on 360k mp and I'll buy Yomi Dragon on the last day unless they show a new and appealing mp dragon before then. The new one, Ragnarok, is not interesting to me.

Nope. No mp dragons, downfall of non iap.

I've realy wanted shivadra because I have a ton of fire subs. But my urd serves the purpose for most of the things he can clear. Yomi dra just seems like a step above and I have a lot of strong subs. I'll just wait it out until they bring predra dungeons around. Hopefully the newer cards will be around then as well.

razterik

Another Challenge level 10 clear. Took three tries each for this and level 9. Kept getting bad orb drops and I'm rusty at running 7x6 after all my JP multi farming.

Plus egg UI update coming! Please come to NA soon. I'll even forgive the troll release of Shinrabansho right before JP adds new decent cards to that REM.

NA seriously only getting one 5x4 latent farming dungeon per month!? Going to be April before I can finish my Arena team... WHY SO SLOW. Latent guerrilla next year or what.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man what's up with the shitty drop rate of Shadow Sprite during 2x? 5 runs and only got a single drop... This feels off, I was able to max skill Perseus and Andro.. But I wouldn't bothered with it with such a drop rate.

Did they change anything?

Rixa

I need some practice & shitton of +eggs more (and well max level my subs). So used to >34k HP Verdandi team that now when doing something with YD I need to be very careful not to be killed by one random shot.

Damage potential is huge :).

Used Persephone skill here, got combo of 9 without 1.5x damage boost.

Man what's up with the shitty drop rate of Shadow Sprite during 2x? 5 runs and only got a single drop... This feels off, I was able to max skill Perseus and Andro.. But I wouldn't bothered with it with such a drop rate.

Did they change anything?
Seems OK to me. I got 5 drops in 16 runs, which is right around the 30% that is expected.

I wish the 40 stamina level was an option. I might have actually stoned a few times.

Bladelaw

What goat do I need to sacrifice to get an Ancient Green Mask to drop? 5 runs, 18 Evo machine pulls, and lots of frustration and so far nothing. I need 6 of the things to uevo Perseus, Kushi, and Bastet. I guess if I need blue masks I'm good at least?

What goat do I need to sacrifice to get an Ancient Green Mask to drop? 5 runs, 18 Evo machine pulls, and lots of frustration and so far nothing. I need 6 of the things to uevo Perseus, Kushi, and Bastet. I guess if I need blue masks I'm good at least?

That was my feeling last week, then I pulled a Ryune and need the blue ones for her skill-ups. I just needed a couple for Verandi, but I'm probably not even going to worry about it and just use them to skill up Zuoh.

Question - Should I attempt skill-ups on 2x? For stuff like Ryune when it rotates tonight, where I have a shot once a week to get skill-up mats?

hermit7

Past few off days I have been using to farm stones for tomorrow and kanetsugu.

Have 5 now and will have 8 before I start using them tomorrow. Hopefully will be able to max out another of my cards and get some for a third. Then when it comes back in a couple months I would have my team all ready and prepared.

Bladelaw

Here's a philosophical question: Say you need a monster to evo to really bring a team together. That monster requires 2 descends that show up roughly 1/month if you're lucky. You almost get to the end but crack/get trolled/fat finger right then.

Do you stone? How many are you comfortable burning?

I had this happen in the Theurgia Grimoire Descend and burned 3 stones to get her. My mental justification was "would I be happy if I REM'ed her?" and since Awoken Shiva is pretty bad ass the answer here was yes. It was a risk as she wasn't a guaranteed drop (legend difficulty) but I got lucky.

I feel like I'm going to run into this once the Medjedra/Sphinx descends roll around as I would very much like Awoken Bastet. Hell I need another Sphinx for Awoken Ra. Those dungeons will be played at home with some board solver if necessary.

Here's a philosophical question: Say you need a monster to evo to really bring a team together. That monster requires 2 descends that show up roughly 1/month if you're lucky. You almost get to the end but crack/get trolled/fat finger right then.

I had this happen in the Theurgia Grimoire Descend and burned 3 stones to get her. My mental justification was "would I be happy if I REM'ed her?" and since Awoken Shiva is pretty bad ass the answer here was yes. It was a risk as she wasn't a guaranteed drop (legend difficulty) but I got lucky.

I feel like I'm going to run into this once the Medjedra/Sphinx descends roll around as I would very much like Awoken Bastet. Hell I need another Sphinx for Awoken Ra. Those dungeons will be played at home with some board solver if necessary.

I'd try descend carnival for Sphinx and medjedra. I'd stone if I really needed the drop, but not on legendary. It's normally better to use the stone to refresh stamina and try again, but if you're over your head you might as well stone it.

That +stat indicator is going to be such a nice update. Something like that is long overdue. It's so time-consuming just sorting +eggs. That feature will more than halve the time it currently takes.

Dammit. I've been saving queen dragons for the future skill up rotation, just in case I can't max out my LKalis before then. But for some stupid ass reason Gungho made light queens skill up DKali and dark queens skill up LKali! So I've been saving the wrong one. Whose idea was that?

I think I threw like 10 stones at Zeus Vulcan in a fit of rage once cause I needed him for an avo. Luckily Sphinx is easy enough to clear for many players. Medjedra... might make you mad. Can't count the number of times I happen to land it in the OHKO HP zone.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
500-day login bonus - just in time for Kanetsugu!

Hope i can finish off Yomidra and maybe LKali.
Seems OK to me. I got 5 drops in 16 runs, which is right around the 30% that is expected.

I wish the 40 stamina level was an option. I might have actually stoned a few times.

Ouch - seems like you have just way more luck than me. Did 6 more run and not a single drop. Wont bother with it anymore.

Bladelaw

I've been derping real hard today. I'm basically one "legendary dragon's footprints" dungeon away from a rank up. I go here because the fodder XP is decent and the rank XP is also pretty good.

I've been running more heavy in damage and not much in the way of HP/RCV. For whatever reason I'm failing miserably at hitting a 4 combo to trigger Shiva and basically wipe the board then I get one shot by five of those little devils. I've done this twice today in a row. So remember kids: solve the board before you start moving.

J0dy77

That +stat indicator is going to be such a nice update. Something like that is long overdue. It's so time-consuming just sorting +eggs. That feature will more than halve the time it currently takes.

I really wish they would just separate the + egg system altogether. Let us extract the + to a bank or something so we can distribute as we see fit with a counter number. Having to store them on fodder cards is the biggest problem with the system.

I really wish they would just separate the + egg system altogether. Let us extract the + to a bank or something so we can distribute as we see fit with a counter number. Having to store them on fodder cards is the biggest problem with the system.
On the plus side we can actually store + eggs on fodder, unlike a certain other popular mobage...

jay23

Level 8 was really tough this challenge set with all the light/dark resistance encounters.

I'll be running kanetsugu tomorrow hoping to finish lkali and dkali. After they're done I'm not sure who to focus on, If the goal is to beat arena I'll probably want to plus awoken Sakuya. But then again I still can't hit 7+ combos consistently so idk.

coy

2 stones and a rankup yielded 19 fairies. I've been relatively fortunate with skillups lately so I hope this is enough to max skill Pandora whenever the update arrive.

Now to spend time on Kanetsugu then Pad-Z this weekend. I need 7 more + eggs for Haku then will be moving on to both Kalis.

Rixa

I always forgot, after maintenance its not enough that do log in / log out many times.
I should also choose first dungeon some 2 sta costing rather than jump straight to 50 sta which prolly crashes your PAD and you lose that 50 sta.

Its now 4th time this has happened to me. Usually maintenance ends when its good play time for me, thus the problem :).

Top Bottom