• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So which one is better now? Yomidragon or Shivadragon.
Depends on the available subs and what your goal is. But assuming you are gunning for Arena clears and have their right subs Yomidragon is probably the one to get.

My results after the first week of 10x descends.
ABM5LSm.jpg

MhFAHwP.jpg
Should have another 20 or 30 today so Yomidra will be almost done. Plan on unloading my stones for Katentsugu so hopefully I can get another hyper out of the second half of the event.
I wonder if we should already start farming sprites the upcoming week for Pandora/Andro. How long do you guys think we will have to wait for the skill up material update?
I'm in the same boat for Pandora. We probably wont get it until March or April, and I'm not sure I want to have a bunch of fairies clogging my box until then.

I can't wait for Parvati's buff. She made last week's Challenge dungeons a breeze and did work with Deus Ex today. I'm glad everyone is already hypered so I can have a go-to squad to tackle late-game content while I work on other teams (Yomi, Sakuya, and now Thor/Saria).

Parvati / Verdandi / Liu Bei /Osiris / Susano

Liu Bei will be replaced by Vishnu once I finish him off (with Earth Insect dungeon returning to the rotation). I also have a 2nd Verdandi as a sub.

Although I am singing this team's praises, I am having more fun with Yomi and Sakuya atm. Their subs need some sillups and lots of +eggs but will be worth it in the end. I also gave my Thor pys and have a long-term plan in mind consisting of:

Thor / Apocalypse / DQ / Venus / flex

I have a dupe Apocalypse and Raphael waiting for his update as well as Dragon Rider Arthur. I wish I had Apollo, though. Still, I find the team fun to use even in its early stage.

Hey, I pulled Saria this godfest and I'm working on putting a team together for her. If you have room on your friends list, send me an invite - 302,982,304. Haven't started adding A. Thor friends to my list just yet. My Saria is max awoken, but it'll take me a while to level it and who knows when I'll be able to skill it.

My team should eventually look like Saria/Apocalypse/Valk/A.Ama/Flex. Going Saria over Ryune because I have the better subs for it at the moment, but I'll probably get around to putting a team together for both.

Glad I have something to do while I wait for Akechi skill-ups.

donjezzy

is there any time that a D.Meta would be beneficial over a second yomidra on a yomidra team? I'm 40k points away from another 300k and trying to compared the two right now

Negator

is there any time that a D.Meta would be beneficial over a second yomidra on a yomidra team? I'm 40k points away from another 300k and trying to compared the two right now

Over a second Yomidra? Unlikely but D.Meta can be really strong when dealing with 5x4 dungeons in yomidra team.

smbu2000

Well I did okay during the first part of the New Years Event with 3x skill up. I was able to max skill Z8 on both my main and sub accounts. I was pretty much running the dungeon myself in multi. Great with half stamina right now.
I also max skilled Lumiel on both of mine as well running the alt dungeons. Not planning to use her on my main one, but she will be taking the place of Pandora on my iPad YomiDra team. YomiDra/Okuni/AHaku/DMeta/Lumiel will be my team. Will plus her up now that 10x has started again.

Also max skilled the 2nd Cao Cao I picked up on my iPad. Nice for my A.Shiva team.

Well it depends on the situation. DMeta is great for when you don't have any dark orbs that are enhanced. She can also help you take a preemptive hit with her 35% damage reduction shield. At only 5 turns, both are pretty useful especially if you don't have another orb enhancer on your team. If I had another YomiDra on my iPad I'd probably use him instead, but that is another 300k MP and a lot of exp/badpys to make him useful.

I thought about getting another one on my main account, but decided against it. I don't have DMeta there, but other useful subs: AHaku x 2/Okuni/Persephone (Stratios for Arena) and my recent pull of Eschamali.

mike23

Personally, I would never suggest selling the last one of a 6* god fest exclusive monster. They are incredibly unlikely to be rolled. Awoken DMeta will probably be insane and you'll regret it then.

donjezzy

Personally, I would never suggest selling the last one of a 6* god fest exclusive monster. They are incredibly unlikely to be rolled. Awoken DMeta will probably be insane and you'll regret it then.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll probably hold of until the next go around and try skilling up and max leveling D.Meta

coy

Hey, I pulled Saria this godfest and I'm working on putting a team together for her. If you have room on your friends list, send me an invite - 302,982,304. Haven't started adding A. Thor friends to my list just yet. My Saria is max awoken, but it'll take me a while to level it and who knows when I'll be able to skill it.

My team should eventually look like Saria/Apocalypse/Valk/A.Ama/Flex. Going Saria over Ryune because I have the better subs for it at the moment, but I'll probably get around to putting a team together for both.

Glad I have something to do while I wait for Akechi skill-ups.
Good to hear, Dusty. I forgot about using Ammy as a sub so thanks for the reminder. I need more levels on Thor, but he's already max skilled and awoken.

Starting to see Haku's downside without aketchi. She get rid of plus orbs and doesn't give em back. That means I have to use Dmeta after haku to guarantee activation(and hope she gives me a decent board). Will only use one. Since I'm not hell bent on arena I think I could put together a good team for descends but I do hope I eventually get the optimal subs for my Shiav Dragon.

Epic Drop

Have enough for a second yomidra. Someone please stop me.

Unless you are a hyperwhale or desperately must run the perfectly optimal yomidra arena team, stop! With you having that many monster points, I have to assume you have akechi, who to me is close enough to a second yomidra that I would hold off.

But that's just me!

razterik

YomiDra will almost certainly cycle back through before dark latents are farmable, so you're not likely to farm Arena anytime soon. Double YomiDra is overkill for everything outside Arena and soloing some co-op. Your current options are probably enough for anything you want to do, provided you have skilled and plus egged everything.

Rixa

Team: +297 Verd / +22 GZL / +40 A.Orochi / +14 Vishnu / +2 Liu Bei / +297 f.Verd
Only thing I hate in this dungeon is floor 9 and that combo requirement. Compared to Zeus challenge this gives nice money & exp. Going to later today use some stones for sta.

J0dy77

Awoken Machine Zeus
Machine type
Active: 35% gravity. 1 turn haste.
LS: 3.5x ATK at full HP. 2.5x ATK/RCV during coop
Devil Killer awakening

Oh nice, he looks awesome. Love the artwork and those awakenings. I like that gravity is starting to make a comeback as well.

jay23

Fa luci looks beastly and the new game8 rankings have him at S tier seems to use a lot of the same sub's as yomidragon.

This is what I was hoping for the other luci..

J0dy77

How's everyone doing with the Hera-So farming? I will definitely stone for this and run like crazy. My apollo is going to be max skilled and i'll get at least 100 pluses today. Run about 5 times with the limited time I've had to play and got around 25 plus eggs already. 7 plus eggs has been common.

Fa luci looks beastly and the new game8 rankings have him at S tier seems to use a lot of the same sub's as yomidragon.

This is what I was hoping for the other luci..
Yeah I'm excited for his awoken. In building my Yomidra team, I'll end up with a kickass team for Luci. Akechi, Pandora, Yomidra, and Lu Bu/Okuni. HP and RCV will be huge and the damage will be solid, but with enormous burst potential.
How's everyone doing with the Hera-So farming? I will definitely stone for this and run like crazy. My apollo is going to be max skilled and i'll get at least 100 pluses today. Run about 5 times with the limited time I've had to play and got around 25 plus eggs already. 7 plus eggs has been common.
I've gotten in a few runs (7, 7, and 6 eggs). I was planning on stoning, but I think I'm gonna save most of them for Kanetsugu

Ok my FA Luci is ready, need to get the mats for his awakening... Lots of devilits and stuff in my future.

Ok so Awoken Haku, Akechi, Satsuki, and Pandora would be god subs by my thinking. What other cards would be good for an awoken FA Luci team?

Edit: okuni might work too... Have all these cards!

LuffyZoro

Ok my FA Luci is ready, need to get the mats for his awakening... Lots of devilits and stuff in my future.

Ok so Awoken Haku, Akechi, Satsuki, and Pandora would be god subs by my thinking. What other cards would be good for an awoken FA Luci team?

Edit: okuni might work too... Have all these cards!

I don't think Awoken Haku or Satsuki would be ideal. Since his leader skill requires 6 connected orbs, you're going to be making a lot of rows, and you want subs with awakenings to reflect that. I feel like an ideal team would be something like A. Loki/DD Haku/Akechi/Pandora.

linsivvi

I've already hyper maxed 2 subs after Zeus Mercury runs so I will go easy on Sowilo and the rest of the event. Maybe spend a few stones on Sowilo and a few more on Kanetsugu.

I don't think Awoken Haku or Satsuki would be ideal. Since his leader skill requires 6 connected orbs, you're going to be making a lot of rows, and you want subs with awakenings to reflect that. I feel like an ideal team would be something like A. Loki/DD Haku/Akechi/Pandora.

Why D/D Haku over awoken? I have both (D/D Haku is actually max skilled even) but wouldn't the haste be more useful over multiple floors with skill uses? If it's just the two row enhances?

What about cards that offer row enhancement but don't change orbs) like D/D Luci?

I'll need to look into awoken Loki, I've got an ultimate evolved Loki (Loki the finisher) from back in the day.

hermit7

Why D/D Haku over awoken? I have both (D/D Haku is actually max skilled even) but wouldn't the haste be more useful over multiple floors with skill uses? If it's just the two row enhances?

What about cards that offer row enhancement but don't change orbs) like D/D Luci?

I'll need to look into awoken Loki, I've got an ultimate evolved Loki (Loki the finisher) from back in the day.

Dd has 2 rows where awoken is more tpa based.

Loki has 2 sbr so it covers easily.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That moment when you forget that Nordis absorbs Water dmg for one turn and could have easily stalled...Shit. Well another time....

quickmemo_2016-01-04-fws1g.png

PS.I didnt know that Okuni boosts dark atk in addition to the delay. That explains his high rating - nice.
I'm in the same boat for Pandora. We probably wont get it until March or April, and I'm not sure I want to have a bunch of fairies clogging my box until then.

March/April would be a little long - but i think i will go ahead and get a couple copies of her during 2x, She is just too important for my YomiDra team - even 2-3 skillups would make a mayor difference.

What's the best difficulty to farm for fairies during 2x? I've been putting off skilling my heroes hoping that we would get normal surveys again, but that's obviously not happening.

jay23

This team uses awoken haku, I'm guessing to stack haste with yomidra. Most videos have a.Loki/akechi/a.haku as sub's.

極限の闘技場 双極の女神 覚醒神魔王ルシファー: http://youtu.be/8qtYubCx4Ko

I'll probably be using Awoken Haku as my go to board changer for Lucifer. As it stands my team already has 12 rows, so if I have to lose a couple for a necessary board change, it wouldn't be the worst thing.

razterik

What's the best difficulty to farm for fairies during 2x? I've been putting off skilling my heroes hoping that we would get normal surveys again, but that's obviously not happening.

40 stamina is where I farmed mine to max Andromeda/Wukong. It's already 50% chance because of the split boss and they don't even drop 100% on 40 stamina. I tried 30 stamina, but had three runs back-to-back with no boss drops. Not worth it.

A.Haku is perfectly fine for A.Lucifer. Preferred even, because the extra damage from enhanced orbs or TPAs she brings is more important than the extra rows when you're already stacking so many.

A.Yomi and Yomidoge seem pretty synergistic, is that right? Lots of the subs for A.Yomi also happen to be God type. Most of my JP friends list is running the dog instead of the awakened form so it'd be nice to have extra runs available.

40 stamina is where I farmed mine to max Andromeda/Wukong. It's already 50% chance because of the split boss and they don't even drop 100% on 40 stamina. I tried 30 stamina, but had three runs back-to-back with no boss drops. Not worth it.

A.Haku is perfectly fine for A.Lucifer. Preferred even, because the extra damage from enhanced orbs or TPAs she brings is more important than the extra rows when you're already stacking so many.
Figures. Was hoping I could at least get away with 30 sta.

A.Yomi and Yomidoge seem pretty synergistic, is that right? Lots of the subs for A.Yomi also happen to be God type. Most of my JP friends list is running the dog instead of the awakened form so it'd be nice to have extra runs available.
Yes. Half the reason I chose Yomi Dragon was because I could just use the same subs I do for Yomi minus Zaerog and Satsuki.

Edit:Actually, I don't know how well that pairing would work now that I think about. Haste and rcv is a pretty big deal for Yomi Dragon since her damage is pretty mediocre and you're constantly tanking and spamming skills at once. Don't know how well that would work when you're losing part of that advantage plus 2 of Yomi's best options.

Jagernaut

I just finished my 3rd +297 card, Awoken Amaterasu. I did Ronia the hard way, Awoken Shiva with 3x normals and Awoken Amaterasu with 10x descends and a +50 hp from a challenge.

I'm easily farming some descends with Awoken Amaterasu/Chibi Valk/Awoken Venus/Fuu/* with Arcline or another Valk in the last spot. With over 19k hp and full heal from auto rcv every turn, most things can't kill you unless you knock them down to rage mode.

Zeus Vulcan and Zeus Mercury used to be tough for me but they're really easy with Awoken Amaterasu.

I just finished my 3rd +297 card, Awoken Amaterasu. I did Ronia the hard way, Awoken Shiva with 3x normals and Awoken Amaterasu with 10x descends and a +50 hp from a challenge.

I'm easily farming some descends with Awoken Amaterasu/Chibi Valk/Awoken Venus/Fuu/* with Arcline or another Valk in the last spot. With over 19k hp and full heal from auto rcv every turn, most things can't kill you unless you knock them down to rage mode.

Zeus Vulcan and Zeus Mercury used to be tough for me but they're really easy with Awoken Amaterasu.
Your +'d Ama was very helpful in my Sowilo runs, thanks! Felt good knowing I wouldn't die on Athena even if I flubbed my combo and healed her instead.

I think I may invest in her myself now that I finished off Osiris. Including you, I only have two Ama friends so I hope to attract more once I +egg mine.

Rixa

I have run casually, sofar only 4 stones used during these 2 weeks. Just counted I got +257 eggs divided to many mobs & ready to feed, didnt check how they are divided between stats (but I have give HP/ATK/RCV to different mobs).

Today, for me seems to be quieter for descends.
I cant clear Aegir & Yamato, but thats ok I need some Rainbow Keepers and going to use some stones to "A Gathering of Super Kings!". I need atleast 3 Super King Metal Dragons, I have also some pal pts for waiting enhance carnival to come back.

After my YD (skl 1) is +297 what sub I should invest + eggs first?

- A.Haku (skl 4)
- D/G Persephone (skl 8)
- Nepnep (skl 1)
- D/B Oku (skl 1)

Rixa

If you play other dark teams, Haku. Otherwise, Okuni. Higher ATK on the TPA subs does wonders for YomiDra's damage output.

Originally I was planning Awoken Archdemon Lucifer team, then things just happened and I bought YD. Thus would AA.Luci fit to YD team since he is Devil / God, but he has 0 OE and who would I take away and would Luci be the one to use +?
Only problem is the timeline, not a frigging clue when Awoken happens in NA.

jay23

Lol at me thinking I could spend the whole day farming Hera sowilo. Only cleared it 12 times which isn't too bad, it was easy enough with Shiva but man do I hate 10 floor dungeons.

razterik

That's half the reason Kanetsugu is better. And no combo floor.

YomiDra is great on A.ALucifer, not so much the other way around. I mean, he's usable and you can make it row focused, but his low orb generation active is pretty bad for the team overall. If you're going to run both, plus Haku for sure. Okuni can go on A.ALuci, but A.Loki is better unless you need the delay.

Next MP dragon announced. Looks like a green Megatron.

DKali active and one turn haste at 10 turns.

Can't buy no RKali, but enjoy this instead at X00,000 MP!

Coming on the 16th. Maybe more of them?

Rixa

YomiDra is great on A.ALucifer, not so much the other way around. I mean, he's usable and you can make it row focused, but his low orb generation active is pretty bad for the team overall. If you're going to run both, plus Haku for sure. Okuni can go on A.ALuci, but A.Loki is better unless you need the delay.

Thank you for the info. Haku gets my pluses after YD.

smbu2000

Doing okay with Izanami 5x4 so far. Picked up 5 dark damage latents so far and gave them all to Eschamali. Still need more for my other party menbers. I finally managed to get all of her awakenings done as well. Still working on plus eggs, but I also need badpys for her.
Figures. Was hoping I could at least get away with 30 sta.

Yes. Half the reason I chose Yomi Dragon was because I could just use the same subs I do for Yomi minus Zaerog and Satsuki.

Edit:Actually, I don't know how well that pairing would work now that I think about. Haste and rcv is a pretty big deal for Yomi Dragon since her damage is pretty mediocre and you're constantly tanking and spamming skills at once. Don't know how well that would work when you're losing part of that advantage plus 2 of Yomi's best options.
I don't know about that. Yomi Dragon can put out some pretty good damage, especially with the right subs. Okuni can do a lot of damage just by himself when you throw in TPAs.
I got this the other day when running through the multi alt dungeons with my iPad as partner. This is with Okuni's 1.5x dark boost. Eschamali didn't have all of her awakenings and only a few plus eggs, but I couldn't use my second 297 AHaku as same characters are not allowed. Persephone is also missing ATK plus eggs.

Team: YomiDra/Persephone/Okuni/AHaku/Eschamali.

J0dy77

I have extreme YomiDra envy right now. If I had anyway to sell off pieces to get him I would at this point, sadly I do not.

Bladelaw

I managed to clear my first Descend! Hera-Sowilo down!

I had trouble on the combo floor (massive orb trolling) but once Takeru's active was up I was able to 1 shot it. Hera ate the Urd-->Cao Cao--> A. Shiva bomb and died in one hit.

The second floor actually gave me the most trouble since I just couldn't pull off a combo high enough to trigger A. Shiva while fire orbs were on the board so their high defense pretty much tanked everything till I got lucky.

Finally got LKali to +297 yesterday

Although, I have been using A.Bastet more recently, and used her for Hera-Sowilo runs. One of my Verdandis is probably next

Top Bottom