• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

saichi

Day 1 -
Claymore (I guess she is no good?)

Day 3 -
Amaterasu (I guess she is good after awoken?)
Kagutsuchi (Same as Ama?)
Spica (Who??? could be a good waifu candidate though)

Also, would this Horus team be any good?

Awoken Horus, Awoken Sasuno, Echidna, F/W Ame, Valk, Aoken Horus or Bastet?
Do I need orb changer for this team?

My godfest hauls:

Main/phone:
Abyssal CyberDragon, Sadalmelik (Dupe)
Gale CyberDragon, Alnair

Second/tablet:
Ame no Uzume (Dupe)
Light Wizard, Rei Sirius

In other words, a total bust for me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Decided against a final pull for today and will instead use the stones for some +eggs. Hope there will be some Goemons up later - having a Goemon BBF would have been cool.

My GF Haul:

Day 1 - Lakshmi (YES)
Day 2 - Cyberbeast. Alfecca ( Art looks ridiculous)
Day 3 - ///

Has there (JP/NA) been any talk when BF is going to reset?
Havent heard about a Reset lately but JP will likely get one soon.
A non max skill +297 Awoken Bastet but I mostly play with my hypermax Kite.

Yeah I like Bastet a lot, but now I got the subs to run a stable A.Sakuya team looks like she is going to be replaced by the end of the month on both my accounts.

You have to tell me how the transition from Bastet to Sakuya will be. I like my Sakuya team but even with 2 LKalis you can get orb trolled quite a bit...after half a year of Bastet it takes time to get used to it again.

I need to start plussing LKali and get Elia once she comes back to finish my Sakuya team.

Jagernaut

Gung-ho desire sensor in effect. I rolled once on day 3 hoping for Castor (for future Yomi Dragon team) and instead I got the LKali I have been looking for forever. My first Kali.

cw_sasuke

Gung-ho desire sensor in effect. I rolled once on day 3 hoping for Castor (for future Yomi Dragon team) and instead I got the LKali I have been looking for forever. My first Kali.
Nice, congrats !!
K, thanks.

Tama Retreat bad time for us. Atleast my group C 04:00 EET. Unless I wake up for some unknown reason, going to skip it.
Oh yeah im C as well so i probably will have to skip it as well - Unless im still awake at 4AM.

Guess Lakshmi will have to wait a bit xD

GFE were strong in my pulls this weekend. Rolling just over a pack throughout the fest, I ended up with:

Saria
Typhon
Ryune
Satsuki x2
Ronia
DKali
Apocalypse

I now have the ideal ra dragon team. Excited for having 2 DKalis, but I've never used my first one. Pretty happy with all my rolls. Done rolling for a long time. Got a lot of MP, but not enough to comfortably get 300K yet.

Guys...what have I done...
XCAyi0g.jpg
Already had 100k in MP and decided now was the time for the great dupe massacre of 2016. It hurts but I'm excited.

cw_sasuke

Shit... Peer Pressure at work again. I just bought Yomidragon as well /dead

I better pull Haku in the next 6 months or I'll be pissed lol.

Ducarmel

You have to tell me how the transition from Bastet to Sakuya will be. I like my Sakuya team but even with 2 LKalis you can get orb trolled quite a bit...after half a year of Bastet it takes time to get used to it again.

I need to start plussing LKali and get Elia once she comes back to finish my Sakuya team.

I'm already testing it out on my NA account and I like the results so far. I'm going for a more survivalist and time extension build then the pure offensive build.

Awoken Sakuya, L.Kali, D.Kali, Awoken Yomi, Awoken Susano, Awoken Sakuya Friend.

Leaders, D.Kali and Susano are unbindable so I can always proc Sakuya leader skill. I have D. Kali to make hearts, Susano to survive a hit or two. Enough time extension awakenings to take my time to proc leader skill and make combos. The team is not done yet still need to max level Susano and D.Kali, +297 everybody and max skill the Kali's. So damage is not as high as it should be, but once its done I think it should be enough to take on most of the game contents.

I don't have L.Kali on my JP account, instead I have Fat Chocobo or Mini Valk if I want more offense.

forgrim

decided to just roll all 30 of my orbs on this godfest to fill out my box like someone suggested and got

Sadalmelik
Light Kali
Light Metatron
Shaitan
Typhon
Meimei

Any of these better than my two other leads, haku/gadius so I can try to make a team out of that?

Thanks guyssss

Ducarmel

Any of these better than my two other leads, haku/gadius so I can try to make a team out of that?

Thanks guyssss
Meta game wise going by various jp ranking Typhon is your strongest card, unfortunately really hard to make a team with him. He needs cards that makes hearts and dark orbs. Akechi and Pandora.

Other subs can be Grape Dragon and orb changers that make dark orbs (not from hearts).

Gadius guide
Cant find any english ones so here are two jp ones through google translator

http://translate.google.com/transla...=http://xn--eckwa2aa3a9c8j8bve9d.gamewith.jp/

http://translate.google.com/transla...=ALkJrhihyXgHBqDGBr7fcUUXH9gOMAQUcg&sandbox=1

if google translate is acting funny
http://パズドラ.gamewith.jp/article/show/11569
https://game8.jp/archives/21481&usg=ALkJrhihyXgHBqDGBr7fcUUXH9gOMAQUcg

The next best leader is L.Kali she kind of dropped in the meta game rankings, I guess 36x does not seem to be enough damage these days.

L.Kali reddit guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/lkali

Shit... Peer Pressure at work again. I just bought Yomidragon as well /dead

I better pull Haku in the next 6 months or I'll be pissed lol.
Nice! See now you're one of the cool kids :p.

Castor seems like a suitable Haku replacement. I don't know how that will affect the Arena clear rate, but for general use he'll be great.

PS I wanna see that Yomidra pentamaxed asap :p

FZZ

Banned
New MP series will nullify the old MP Dragons. So as long as y'all don't regret your purchases you'll be fine.

New MP series will nullify the old MP Dragons. So as long as y'all don't regret your purchases you'll be fine.
If Gungho is smart, they'll make the new MP dragons more expensive until the power creep pass Shiva/Neptune/Odin/Ra/Yomi dragons completely. Then drop the prices for both sets of dragons right as the third set arrives.

Did I miss some teaser for new MP monsters that will overshadow the current MP Dragons or something?

Also it sucks that this 4xGFE doesn't include the new GFE monsters. But no doubt that was intentional.

Ducarmel

I doubt we will see more powerful MP stuff anytime soon.

Last MP series did nothing. I could see more utility focused mp cards, or MP cards focused for multiplayer if multiplayer really takes of jp.

Also it sucks that this 4xGFE doesn't include the new GFE monsters. But no doubt that was intentional.

It hasn't been a month yet since their debut, doubt it was intentional. More likely the usual delay between JP version updates and EU, KR, NA updates

jay23

Lol nice you'll get another one when you least expect it that's how this game works.

Did I miss some teaser for new MP monsters that will overshadow the current MP Dragons or something?

Yup they'll come right after all of these events when everyone is out of stones.

Do you guys think we'll get 3x skill ups before the Kali skill ups change to Queen dragons?

Rolls for the GF

Day1:

Green cyberbeast (not a dupe but disappointing)

Day 2:

Micheru (red ninja, dupe sold for MP)
Light wee jas (not a dupe but Disappointing)

Day 3:
ROdin (nice! New to me, I run awoken shiva but does he slot in well there?)
Blue dragon caller Sumire (new to me! But I don't have a blue leader at all, just a ton of blue subs)
Griffon rider (new to me!, not sure how to use him own verdandi and Bestcat)

Ducarmel

Rodin is not an orb changer so he is just a situational sub for Shiva in dungeons that need poison to get past a gimmick like high defense or maybe to kill a boss that has resolve.

Rixa

Next weeks event:

GungHo NA FB said:
[Part 2 Duration]: 1/4 (Mon), 12:00 AM (PST) - 1/10 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
The New Year’s Resolutions Event continues! Each new dawn is a chance to live life with renewed purpose.
Such enthusiasm is contagious, and is shown in the workings of this event! See below for an assortment of gifts, bonuses, and exciting dungeons!
■① Daily Login Bonuses

1/4 - 1/10 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.
■② New Goals and Expectations

The Ultimate Rush series continues to stand in your way. Will you raise the bar for yourself?
1/5 - 1/6 - Ultimate Yamato Rush!
1/9 - 1/10 - Ultimate God Rush!
■③ Taking Time to Reflect

Blessings can be seen in every facet of life. This gift dungeon is no different! Here’s a unique Spirit Jewel to help you with your evolutions.
1/7 - 1/10 - Gift from the Holy Beasts
■④ Best Habits and Practices

Positive practices take time to establish! Get started with these special dungeons that provide useful skill-ups.
1/4 - 1/6 - Shadow Sprite
1/8 - 1/10 - Blue Sprite
■⑤ Taking Note of What’s Different

The second new descended dungeon of the year is just around the corner!
1/8 - 1/10 - ????????????
■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule

10x chance of Plus Eggs in descended dungeons!
1/4 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
1/4 - Nordis Descended!
1/5 - Aegir Descended!
1/6 - Satan Descended!
1/7 - Kanetsugu!
1/8 - Cauchemar Descended!
1/9 - PAD Z Collab
1/10 - The Thief Descended
■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses

Dungeon Bonus

10x chance for +Eggs to appear in Descended Dungeons

3x chance for +Eggs to appear in Normal Dungeons [Extends until 1/11 (Mon), 12:00 PM (PST)]
Fusion Bonus

2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain

2x chance for Skill Up
*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here.

coy

Grats on the Kali, Jagernaut! And damn Yomidra is too sexy to pass up. If I had 115k more MP, I would've bought her too no regrets.

I will be stoning hard on the 4th and 7th. I need to finish +eggs on a number of subs still.

Didn't get my second DKali, but I still think this Godfest was a success for me. Got several first-time monsters that weren't even featured today.

First-time pulls:

Castor
Durga
Lu Bu
Masamune
Antares
Gale CyberDragon, Alnair
Urd
Dino Rider
Vishnu

Sought after dupe:

Rodin (Finally realized the 3x Rodin dream! Though, it's not really needed at this point)

Dupe that continues to mock me:

LKali x2 (I've already sold several of her, but I think this may have been my 7th & 8th LKalis overall. I hate GH for not putting CKali in the MP shop.)

cw_sasuke

Oh wow - Awoken Yomi is so redeemed right now. Honestly I had more or less forgotten about her after being so hyped for her pre US launch. Crazy what difference a single sub can make. YomiDra is so good on that team. Haste, fingers, dark/heart orb provider and finally a bind clear.

It will take a while until I have a good YomiDra team but it feels good that he is reviving my Yomi team. Especially once skilled up this should be fun - Izanami already seems to be up all the time.

I think it will be some time until we got way more powerful MP Dragons... The current ones still fell OP at least from my little playtime with YD.

I bought YomiDra because I knew he would be a solid sub as well down the line, he is like a better Sumire.. Which is one of my favorite units right now.
Congratz to you both!

Sasuke: You better keep that YD as leader for this year when you get it done ;)
Heh yeah thanks YD will def. be part of the main leaders down the line. That longterm investment.
I'm already testing it out on my NA account and I like the results so far. I'm going for a more survivalist and time extension build then the pure offensive build.

Awoken Sakuya, L.Kali, D.Kali, Awoken Yomi, Awoken Susano, Awoken Sakuya Friend.

Leaders, D.Kali and Susano are unbindable so I can always proc Sakuya leader skill. I have D. Kali to make hearts, Susano to survive a hit or two. Enough time extension awakenings to take my time to proc leader skill and make combos. The team is not done yet still need to max level Susano and D.Kali, +297 everybody and max skill the Kali's. So damage is not as high as it should be, but once its done I think it should be enough to take on most of the game contents.

I don't have L.Kali on my JP account, instead I have Fat Chocobo or Mini Valk if I want more offense.
Yeah that's a pretty solid team - actually it's the same I tried with the exception of a 2nd Kali instead of DKali. But yeah in the hands of more skilled players Sakuya can clear probably everything with that team.

I hope to get DKali this year
Nice! See now you're one of the cool kids :p.

Castor seems like a suitable Haku replacement. I don't know how that will affect the Arena clear rate, but for general use he'll be great.

PS I wanna see that Yomidra pentamaxed asap :p
Heh actually I dont't plan on clearing Arena with YomiDra - that stage still terrifies me. Castor looks good but he isn't skilled so it will take a while until this squad comes together. My first Arena clear, if it happens, is reserved for Bestcat.

+egging YomiDra should be possible during this event though. Also hope for some Py freebies from Gungho... When is the next livestream? xD

ZeroAKA

I should be able to afford a MP dragon if I sell the dupes that I've been hoarding (5 Ronias and some other junk). Is Yomi Dragon viable if I have just about every recommended sub besides Haku?

Ducarmel

Haku is recommended because she is a full board changer with good awakenings.

D.Kali, H.Kali, and Lumiel are alternatives.

IMO I don't think a full board changer is essential to the team if you don't think you will get trolled to much from blocks, poison or bosses/sub bosses that change orbs.

hermit7

Wow was shocked at the difficulty in deus ex dungeon.

Failed a few times in getting the hang of the final 2 floors and making sure my skills were up.

I think I could beat it consistently now but it would be silly compared to the ease of farming Zeus or even mercury.

Rixa

Wow was shocked at the difficulty in deus ex dungeon.

Failed a few times in getting the hang of the final 2 floors and making sure my skills were up.

I think I could beat it consistently now but it would be silly compared to the ease of farming Zeus or even mercury.

I looked it from padx and decided to continue farm something else, seems to be too tough dungeon to handle my team.

hermit7

I looked it from padx and decided to continue farm something else, seems to be too tough dungeon to handle my team.

Yeah I normally breeze through the new dungeons with my shiva team, and I had to be quite careful especially with the damage reduction on the last floor.

The legend level was a lot easier, I took a. Orochi to stall which gave me plenty of time to burst down. Maybe I should have just used him on my Bastet team for Mythical and I would probably be able to farm it more consistently.

Deus Ex is definitely not a cakewalk. It can be cleared consistently with careful play and the right teams, but I'm definitely not wasting my precious 10x time farming it more than I need to. I just farmed a couple of each Golem for when we get Machine Hera. Though it looks like Machine Hera's dungeon also drops her own evo mobs.

hermit7

So what is it that makes yomidra so good? I have one mostly levelled but not evoed yet, and need tamas to awaken it as well.

Team that I am building is yomidra, a. Haku, a. Haku, b. Pandora, okuni, friend yomidra.

Is there a play style that I need to adopt? The team just seems to be incredibly underpowered for the moment.

So what is it that makes yomidra so good? I have one mostly levelled but not evoed yet, and need tamas to awaken it as well.

Team that I am building is yomidra, a. Haku, a. Haku, b. Pandora, okuni, friend yomidra.

Is there a play style that I need to adopt? The team just seems to be incredibly underpowered for the moment.

Just from my watching videos of it, it seems like an incredibly easy team to play that can actually farm arena with the right set-up and dark latents. Ra Dragon does crazy damage, but it takes a lot more skill.

I have the ideal Ra Dragon team, and just good YomiDra subs (Akechi x3, Persephone, Dkali), but I'd probably jump at picking up YomiDra first since I don't think I could actually play Ra Dragon any time soon.

Negator

Lots of actives because of haste stacking, lots of healing options in the team, lots of HP when hypermaxed, lots of RCV for stalling, Bind immune and bind clear, easy to activate, capable of stuff like this.

Even with that half-assed not even max level team I can feel the potential.

hermit7

Lots of actives because of haste stacking, lots of healing options in the team, lots of HP when hypermaxed, lots of RCV for stalling, Bind immune and bind clear, easy to activate, capable of stuff like this.

Even with that half-assed not even max level team I can feel the potential.

I ran through endless corridors and I see some of the power than you're referencing, I was hitting for over a million on some of my cards which really is pretty nuts all things considered. I also was feeling pretty good with the amount of actives, really need to skill up Pandora so I can use her m ore frequently and find a way to skill up okuni. Will be done after 10x descends are over regardless.

coy

I can't wait for Parvati's buff. She made last week's Challenge dungeons a breeze and did work with Deus Ex today. I'm glad everyone is already hypered so I can have a go-to squad to tackle late-game content while I work on other teams (Yomi, Sakuya, and now Thor/Saria).

Parvati / Verdandi / Liu Bei /Osiris / Susano

Liu Bei will be replaced by Vishnu once I finish him off (with Earth Insect dungeon returning to the rotation). I also have a 2nd Verdandi as a sub.

Although I am singing this team's praises, I am having more fun with Yomi and Sakuya atm. Their subs need some sillups and lots of +eggs but will be worth it in the end. I also gave my Thor pys and have a long-term plan in mind consisting of:

Thor / Apocalypse / DQ / Venus / flex

I have a dupe Apocalypse and Raphael waiting for his update as well as Dragon Rider Arthur. I wish I had Apollo, though. Still, I find the team fun to use even in its early stage.

Had a pretty remarkable 7 pulls - Ronia, D Kali, Alm, Strawberry Dragon, Gabriel, Nut, and Pollux.

Caved and sold Alm (is he good for anything? Seems kinda bad for a 6 star GFE) and other dupes and bought Yomi Dragon

razterik

Ilm is a very solid 36x lead who is good at ripping through content that doesn't require fancy tricks. Every team in the top 10 for the last ranking dungeon was an Ilm team. As a sub, he's a great board change, essentially a light Sonia with better awakenings.

For people farming plus eggs during part 2 of the NA New Year's event, I would point out that Hera Sowilo without any drop bonus is a little worse for plus eggs and slower than Kanetsugu which is also featured. PADZ has pretty decent egg rates as well.

hermit7

Finished plusing yomi dragon today.

Deciding who I want to focus on next. Probably going to be Haku who I intend to finish this event. Have Bastet and caocao who both have around 100 plus eggs as well so maybe I can finish them but I wouldn't be too hopeful to complete them. Alternatively I can plus okuni and next time they roll around I can do Pandora and stratios. I think that may be best to have a fully plussed team for arena.

How would this team fair for regular farming, descends, challenges?

Link

Don't have Okuni and the like. I have a second Haku that's not awoken but well she doesn't always give a good board. Just wondering what i could put together that's not focused on arena.

Ilm is a very solid 36x lead who is good at ripping through content that doesn't require fancy tricks. Every team in the top 10 for the last ranking dungeon was an Ilm team. As a sub, he's a great board change, essentially a light Sonia with better awakenings.

For people farming plus eggs during part 2 of the NA New Year's event, I would point out that Hera Sowilo without any drop bonus is a little worse for plus eggs and slower than Kanetsugu which is also featured. PADZ has pretty decent egg rates as well.

Maybe I shouldn't have dumped Ilm for Yomi Dragon so quickly then :lol

(Though I've got subs like Akechi/Okuni/Pandora/Nephthys/DKali for Yomidra and only really Superman for Ilm)

cw_sasuke

I wonder if we should already start farming sprites the upcoming week for Pandora/Andro. How long do you guys think we will have to wait for the skill up material update?

Top Bottom