• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

I really need to add more Gaffers, dungeon success rate depends on it.

You currently have 50/50 friends, I just upped the number of friends I have but not able to inv you.

As an aside, what are most people doing - keeping one main and rotating a second leader?

I have kept Lmeta in my 1 spot while I use my Blonia much more often - when I mess around with other leads (including Andromeda, Pandora, D/R luci, DqXq) I generally just leave Lmeta up, even if I don't use her as much anymore as I've maxed and significantly +'d by Blonia.

I think I'm gonna hold off on rolling the REM in the near future. I was hoping this godfest would give me subs to boost the teams I already have, but instead it just gave me more team options. I now have very solid GZL and Athena teams to build.

So now all my stones will be going towards skill ups/exp/awakenings. I want to skill up meimei so I also need to expand my box to make room.

How do you guys feel about Meimei on a GZL team?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Also didnt get a free stone today.BUt i would rather have Tamas anyway.
Kushinadahime is a very good sub for green Zhuge Liang, her active will keep you from getting killed by big hits.

Sun Quan is an excellent sub for U&Y once you ultimate evolve U&Y into healer subtype.

Thanks for the advice !!
Kushinadahime sounds interesting, i guess i will be able to tank a hit from "strong" enemies with her in my team,

Sun-Quan for U&Y it is then, well once i Ult-evod him, this will probably take a while, since i need the other mask and have a feeling that im not anywhere near to take on the daily dungeon where it drops...lol.

btw. Just checked out Kirin, she seems good but the playstyle will probably be the same as with U&Y. So i wont bother with her for now i think.
Glad you got your Yomi but you should never sell REM only monsters no matter how crappy they are, you just never know one day gungho just out of the blue might decide to give these girls a ultimate that makes them useable.

Riders were once scoffed at so much so I fell for the hate and sold/fused the riders I had pulled when I first started playing, now everybody would be glad to get one if they have a leader that could use them. To this day I still regret getting rid of them

Snow White has double bind resist pretty useful if you can spare a spot on a team and want to manipulate a dungeon with technical rules.
Thanks!

Hehe yeah, this wont happen again trust me. Reading this thread made me realize how many mistakes i`ve made in the past when it comes to PaD (Tamadaras -.- )- but progress is progress ;-)

Will keep all REM drops this time, but thanks for the reminder :)
You currently have 50/50 friends, I just upped the number of friends I have but not able to inv you.

Could you try again ? Just kicked some randoms of my list.

btw. If a friend hasnt been online for a long time - wont he be showing up anymore on your recruit units list ? Just realized that i have a bunch of random friends with Batman and Co. leaders that havent shown up to choose for a while now.

If thats the case, ill need to drop like 20 guys asap -.-

not seeing a better fire lead there than rodin himself but at least he has that hp boost now

shiva/red riding hood/mitsuki/echidna as subs perhaps? RCV blows though...

you could also fit him into your kirin/dqxq teams if you really need the skill boosts but he's not the best sub for them (3 skill boosts really do come in handy if you make a trifruits/twinlits team though!)

best use for you right now is probably to skill him up and use it to farm tech dungeons on challenge mode during 5x techs tbh

byakko, persephone, pandora, dark valk ult, durga, etc

How does Red Odin farm techs? Challenge mode with r.odin friends?

Also is Sun Quan good as an Echidna replacement on a Light Zhuge team? Or is his cool down just too high even when maxed?

How does Red Odin farm techs? Challenge mode with r.odin friends?
With all the skill boosts and skill ups, Rodin's active is available on every floor, so all you have to do is push buttons to clear the non-boss floors in Forbidden Tower 4. I think the setup is 5 Rodins and 1 Ronia (full board change for the boss)? Makes +egg farming really fast. There is probably a similar build for Star Vault.

Hige

I killed Izanami and died from poison on the same turn on level 6 of the challenge dungeon. They make you spend a stone to get the clear. :(

How do you guys feel about Meimei on a GZL team?
She's an excellent sub for GZL. I switch around between her and Gronia usually. She gets a TPA on her W/L ult and works well with Athena if she's also on your team. The only problem is you won't get 3-4 sets of 4 green orbs like you can with Gronia when you need the burst damage for bosses. You can use orb changers to kind of remedy that though.

I use her on my KotG farming team and I might use her more elsewhere if I can skill her up. I can use Meimei>Michael>Artemis>Athena>GZL to get a fully enhanced green board to OHKO Zeus without skyfalls. My success rate with actually reaching Zeus is another matter though lol. I still end up using Ronia for consistency even if she takes a couple minutes longer per run than GZL.

Azusa

3 pulls:
Golem, Golem
and Sun Quan.

Someone told me that Sun Quan will be good in my future Ra team. Maybe, I don't know lol. I have Isis as a water sub.

Ducarmel

Someone told me that Sun Quan will be good in my future Ra team. Maybe, I don't know lol. I have Isis as a water sub.
The major tweaks to the game gave L/L Ra a healer subtype.

If you are pretty good with Ra and can proc his x49 a Sun Quan/RA leader and Active skill Combo will make his atk x98.

Wasnt paying attention and bought the wrong amount of magic stones? Anyone know if GH will refund it?

Maybe, but I doubt it

Google may help I have heard of them refunding peoples money for mistake but the catch is you have to uninstall the game permanently.

@Cornburito Sun Quan is good on Light Zhuge but he is a REM replacement for both naga and king shynee depending on your line up you might have redundant skills.

@Cornburito Sun Quan is good on Light Zhuge but he is a REM replacement for both naga and king shynee depending on your line up you might have redundant skills.

Current Lzhuge team is: Zhuge, Valk, DQXQ, Naga, Shynee, Zhuge.

I could potentially place Sun over Naga or Shynee. Though the team as is already clears KoTG with a decent success rate.

Perhaps I could use Sun Quan on my Kirin team for dungeons that require more than one delay?

Uthred

If I had to guess, no.

Maybe, but I doubt it

Google may help I have heard of them refunding peoples money for mistake but the catch is you have to uninstall the game permanently.

Yeah their support page explicitly says they dont, I probably would have ended up spending the money eventually, just didnt want to do it in one go. 12 rolls here I come:

Apollo - Dupe
Lu Bu - Dupe
Pierdra - 3* dupe

... time for a break I think ;)

Edit:

Some more rolls

Fairlio - dupe
Persephone - dupe
Sea Serpent - dupe

These rolls are terrible, 1 out of 9 wasnt a dupe so far.

Edit 2:

Minerva - Shockingly, another dupe
Dark Wizard, Dil Sirius - Never heard of this one
Snow White - New but useless I believe?
Mystic Ice Knight - Why god?

Edit 3:

Dragonette - dupe
Red Riding Hood - dupe

So 15 rolls:

2 3*, 6 Silver, 7 Gold, 12/15 were dupes though, while I spent the money by mistake I dont know how people "Whale", results like that would drive me nuts.

Great pulls man. I got a Dmeta and L Kali too, as well as Amaterasu and umi & Yama in just 5 pulls.

Congrats!
You always wanted a D.Meta :D !!

Holy moly, GC. That might be the best set of back-to-back rolls I've ever seen. Nice golem troll to finish, heh.

I've managed to break my REM addiction (for now) since I started looking at each roll as roughly half of a +297.
Thanks guys! That's a damn good haul yourself, Count. Yeah Zero, Dmeta was the one that made me quit IAP. I honestly stopped caring to get her. Maybe that's why she finally dropped. Heh.

I agree Raz. I'm way more interested in +eggs and skill-ups. Wrote a whole rant about how far your stones can go if you avoid the REM, and how I went from 0 stones all the way to over 80 without IAP, and still doing all the skill-ups I needed/wanted. Though leveling took a hit since I also stopped farming Kings. We've been getting a lot of free stones, and with the new dungeons even more stones for clears and challenge clears. So I've been a little more liberal with farming lately. But I skip most Godfests and was disciplined enough to completely avoid the DC REM. And I only ran the collab dungeon for the clear stone and avoided farming it, even though a maxed low-level Darkseid was enticing. I would've farmed it if I had a Chester though. This Player's Choice event is the most I've pulled since last February I think. There was finally enough new monsters to have a good chance of pulling something I didn't already have. I just didn't expect them to keep falling out of the REM! But I guess it can be considered a regression to the mean for the bad pulls and obscene money I've spent in the past. =D

I badly need my bonus stones. All these 5mil monsters aren't going to level themselves. And I hope Japan is petitioning GH to add Starry View Lane to the coin dungeons. That dungeon spoiled me for stat farming.

J0dy77

Cleared some challenge mode to get one more roll and pulled Lu Bu. Very happy about this. He was this on my list this event behind Ronia and Kali. So five total rolls and two nice pickups, I'll take it.

Congrats to everyone else. Seems like we have some nice hauls in the thread.

Side note : pad is #7 overall grossing app on ios right now. Definitely expected with this event.

hermit7

How useful us multiple uy? Currently have three with one being max Awoken and leveled. Could have three with sun quan and yomi?

yami4ct

3 more pulls. 1 Shiva, 1 A. Luci and 1 Sleeping Beauty.

It's funny, because 6 months ago, I'd have killed for Luci and Shiva. Now, they're pretty meh to me. Could throw Shiva into a Kushi team eventually I guess. Might make some Descend farming teams with Luci. I dunno. Well, that's it for the P.Choice fest for me. If I throw any more at it, I probably won't stop until I get a Ronia, and that'd be a bad scene.

Final Tally: 2 L. Kali, 1 Luci +1, 1 Valk +1, 1 Ur. Chimera, 1 Sleeping Beauty and 1 Shiva. Not too bad. Now to make use of them.

How useful us multiple uy? Currently have three with one being max Awoken and leveled. Could have three with sun quan and yomi?

Very useful. He makes a good sub for himself because he is an orb changer. Plus he has two two prong and orb enhance awakenings.

Also I still need to figure out a dark sub for Light Kali. Maybe will have to settle for Red Odin. Or use Dill Sirius though his skill is awkward. Also wish I had Fuma Kotaro. Until then I think Kali is better as a sub on my Kirin team than as a leader. I can use Kali whenever Echidna is a bad choice (preemptive shields).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
How often does the Poringing Tower dungeon show up ? Like every 2-3 weeks or every 2-3 months ?

And again

btw. If a friend hasnt been online for a long time - wont he be showing up anymore on your recruit units list ? Just realized that i have a bunch of random friends with Batman and Co. leaders that havent shown up to choose for a while now

How often does the Poringing Tower dungeon show up ? Like every 2-3 weeks or every 2-3 months ?

And again
Poring tower comes back every few months.

As for friends, they only show up for some length of time after they sign in. How long they stay available is based on how close in rank you are. So if you have a lot of high level friends they will only be available for 1 hour after they open the game. You may want to weed out anyone who hasn't play for more than a week or so.

razterik

btw. If a friend hasnt been online for a long time - wont he be showing up anymore on your recruit units list ? Just realized that i have a bunch of random friends with Batman and Co. leaders that havent shown up to choose for a while now.

If thats the case, ill need to drop like 20 guys asap -.-

If you don't think they are coming back, clear them out. I usually drop people after about a week of inactivity. Anyone on your list that is less than or near your rank and hasn't logged in within the last 13 hours is unusable outside Challenge Mode.

You have fairly amazing options. So many.

Ronia goes well with Shiva and Lu Bu. Throw those three and some other Devils on a team.

Archangel Luficer can use any dark monster you have and make a stall team that can clear a lot of content.

You have almost a complete Kirin team of: kirin, verche, Apollo/echidna, King bubblie, green Odin.

yami4ct

Ok, GAF, I'm at the point where I have too many options and my teams are stagnating because I'm not making best use of my monsters. Just updated my PADHerder
https://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;default,0

My two main current teams are

Kirin, L.Valk (Angelion for no RCV dungeons), Apollo, L.Meta, Echidna, Kirin for Descends and

L.Meta, Bastet, Shynee, Valk, Echidna, L. Meta for farming.

Anyone who wants to point me at new teams I could do, or good ways to tweak the current ones, I'd really appreciate it. Thinking L. Kali is going to be my next main leader, but all advice appreciated.

jay23

Thanks for the response guys. Think imma work on ronia and shiva first since I already have a devil focused team.

So is kirin > lkali?

Kirin/Apollo/King Bubblie/?/? is a seriously strong team. Those last 2 slots can be anything really. Valkyrie and Lkali would be pretty good for a light focused team.

Do you think could get around not using Bubblie and using King Shynee instead with this team? I lack an Apollo myself.

Kirin, L.Kali, L.Zhuge, Valk (or Verche), Shynee, Kirin.

If I use Valk, 4/6 of the team are healers. X75 burst. Then two of them have two two-prong and if that goes off the multiplier becomes insane.

If I use Verche 3/6 of the team are healers. The benefit is that Kali + Verche have better synergy than Valk/Verche.

Thanks for the response guys. Think imma work on ronia and shiva first since I already have a devil focused team.

So is kirin > lkali?

I would say no.

The optimal Kali team is significantly stronger. Mostly because Kali guarantees an activation. And Kali pairs with herself. And two-two prong. And her covering two colors. A lot of reasons really.

But Kirin doesn't lag too far behind in power, and is arguably stronger with a farmable/low-rem team. My Kirin options are better than my Kali options because I lack optimal Dark subs for Kali, and lack Fuma Kotaro.

Do you think could get around not using Bubblie and using King Shynee instead with this team? I lack an Apollo myself.

Kirin, L.Kali, L.Zhuge, Valk (or Verche), Shynee, Kirin.

If I use Valk, 4/6 of the team are healers. X75 burst. Then two of them have two two-prong and if that goes off the multiplier becomes insane.

If I use Verche 3/6 of the team are healers. The benefit is that Kali + Verche have better synergy than Valk/Verche.
I used to do something similar with UmiYama and a devil team, and your setup makes more sense since it's all light. It's definitely an option.

So I have been rerolling all day when I have some time here and there.

I have 2 games backed up right now, one where I rolled a Shiva and another where I rolled a Bastet.

My eyes have begun to bleed from the constantly rerolling. Which one of those 2 should I start with? Or should I wipe the blood away and keep at it?

yami4ct

So I have been rerolling all day when I have some time here and there.

I have 2 games backed up right now, one where I rolled a Shiva and another where I rolled a Bastet.

My eyes have begun to bleed from the constantly rerolling. Which one of those 2 should I start with? Or should I wipe the blood away and keep at it?

Bastet is great. She'll take you through many end-game dungeons and she's flexible. A lot of her best subs are farmable.

Shiva has a great active and can make a good sub on some teams. On some farming dungeons for materials and level-up dragons, he's a godsend, but as a main he won't get you far.

Out of those two, go for Bastet.

saichi

2 rolls

Dark Dragon Knight (meh)
Minerva

Never had Minerva before. Does she even fit on my mono red team with Ame, Gigas The Great, Echidna, Freyr, Hera-Ur/PKH/Ifrit or DQXQ team?

jay23

Bastet is great. She'll take you through many end-game dungeons and she's flexible. A lot of her best subs are farmable.

Shiva has a great active and can make a good sub on some teams. On some farming dungeons for materials and level-up dragons, he's a godsend, but as a main he won't get you far.

Out of those two, go for Bastet.

What are Bastet's best subs? I got 2 of them yesterday.

What are Bastet's best subs? I got 2 of them yesterday.
Since she is so flexible in team construction, I always have a tough time piecing together a team without fitting in a theme (all healers, all devils, green row, green 2prong, etc). You could do those or just use things with good stats/actives/awakenings. Though I guess that doesn't help very much lol.

B3vCw04CEAAfXF3.jpg:medium

Almadel

razterik

Never had Minerva before. Does she even fit on my mono red team with Ame, Gigas The Great, Echidna, Freyr, Hera-Ur/PKH/Ifrit or DQXQ team?

Minerva is fantastic for any red team in her Awoken form. But before she gets there she doesn't do much besides stat stick and an occasional armor break.

Epic Drop

I needed one more skill up on my lilith in order to safely farm twinlets. I've had terrible luck trying to skill her up all weekend, so tonight I bought a stone to refill stamina and do a bit more pouring tower farming. Went 0/6 on skill ups with drops from that stone. Figured why not, buy one more stone and keep farming. Went 0/9 on skill ups with drops from that stone. Looks like it'll be another few months until I have a safe twinlet team, because I'm done with this...

Feels bad man.

jiggle

yay stone finally

gonna get shit i bet

edit yup
melon dragon(dupe) on main and stone knight on alt
this godfest had been shit for me :(

saichi

another pull

Ganesha

MONEY!

EDIT: And finally made enough Mastering to make King Mastering! No more master level Poring Tower... Expert level here I come!

Top Bottom