• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Bought a few more stones for players choice. Got a Lelian which is awesome because it wasn't included and will be useful for the red attacker team i am slowly getting operational. Also got a second Pandora, a evo melon dragon and a few troll golds.

In this God fest got an astounding 15 of 18 gold eggs.

hermit7

I rolled one more time before the end and got a green Odin. Not really sure what to do with him, other than make an Odin/healer team.

Stat stick when green is needed as well as 2k heal when fully awaken. It really comes in handy.

Anyone have a use for a second Gzl?

Althane

Wished I had a Robin. This is the GZL team I'm currently running; hopefully I can get a CuChu soon, because the main problem I run into with this team is too many hearts.

gGo2DTD.jpg

Yeah, I've never run with a "below HP" conditional team. I'm used to Ame, where you want to keep the HP high. I guess a low-cooldown heartbreaker would help?

Rolled again, got Pandora.

-_-

It's been a successful day, don't get me wrong, but... I gotta learn new stuff!

zoku88

Did a final yolo pull.

Third GZL.

EDIT: oh? Two ults for Liu bei? I do have two of them. I really only use him as a sub for my GZL, which isn't really optimal...

Damn. I ate a dupe Liu bei before. Shouldn't have been so impatient.

Oh well my green attackers are rather shit anyways, I've never even used him before.

Anyway, this godfest wasn't as good as the last one. So bad, in fact I don't even remember my first two pulls, but I did just get a green Sonia. I have a red Sonia already, but can green make a good team at all? I've never seen someone use them.

Fauve

Reading this thread makes me want to roll - *everyone* seems to have rolled a ronia (or a second or third).

Oh well. Ronia is 3x during most god fests correct?

I don't think Ronia's ever been at a 3x rate before since she's a special god.

I wish I hadn't spent my stones this morning. The godfest basically handed me GZL and Athena teams, but they need so much work. I need more than 20 tamadra, millions of exp, most of the evo materials (including a green orb). 5 stones would have gone a long way towards getting these teams up and running.

All of this has to be put on hold anyway because I want to skill up Meimei. Not looking forward to the material collection to evolve every chaser.

linsivvi

First time watching the Twitch stream. Oh boy this guy really, really sucks.

Edit: LOL they are bringing out the real expert.

am_dragon

Last pull Ivory Dragon... oh well.

I spammed green dragons to level some new stuff, 2nd MeiMei, Odin, and Guan Yu.

This is my first Odin, I've got him up to lvl 80, is there any reason not to Ultimate Evo him before feeding Tamadra?

For MeiMei is there any reason to do one of each ultimate, or should I just do g/l for both. It seems like if I was able to skill up both of them they would be perfect for a Athena team, thoughts?

I wish I hadn't spent my stones this morning. The godfest basically handed me GZL and Athena teams, but they need so much work. I need more than 20 tamadra, millions of exp, most of the evo materials (including a green orb). 5 stones would have gone a long way towards getting these teams up and running.

All of this has to be put on hold anyway because I want to skill up Meimei. Not looking forward to the material collection to evolve every chaser.
I'm in the same exact boat. Rolling Genbu is a blessing and a curse :lol.

Plus, I have no stones now and a very cramped box.

Hige

Seems like this PC event is giving really good results for a lot of players. I wonder if GH really cranked up the good Gold eggs rate to combat Monstrike or something. Seems abnormally good.
Lol no.

I rolled 15 times and got 3 gold eggs: DQXQ, Grodin (my fifth...) and a troll golem. I think DQXQ wasn't even in the top 30 so that was from the gala. Probably one of my worst godfests ever. You were really lucky and got most of the exclusives I was trying to get. :(

Probably won't do this but it's a thought.

I have a Rebel Seraph Lucifer with 70 eggs I never use anymore.

I have another unevolved one that i have never touched.

Is it worth feeding him to my new Dmeta for the +eggs and if i ever feel the need evolving my second Luci or should i just keep them both?

It definitely is sentimental value. When he debuted I abandoned my old account and rolled for two days to get him. It was awesome till the power creep came and destroyed his usefulness. Luckily I pulled a Haku and started working on her till my Ronia dropped. Now I have a Dmeta and she will probably be my main with my Ronia team as a secondary.

razterik

Hell yeah we still want them! Though I'd prefer if it kept its pre-evo active skill. An Orb Refresh with those awakenings would be awesome.

You're in luck! The non-ultimate version has all the awakenings as well. You lose 460 ATK and the blue sub attribute, but I agree that his active is much more useful.

If you never use it, the only thing holding you back would be sentimental value.

Sentimental value saved me from feeding off my Valk who is now quite awesome again. But I would personally feed that Lucifer. He's not very useful anymore outside random gimmicks like Wednesday mythical.

Also, 70 plus eggs isn't as much work as it used to be, if you farm Starry View.

Absolutely destroyed Mythical Kanetsugu with dual Awoken Minerva and a random assortment of dragons/orb changers. Easy dungeon.

NineH

I got horribly trolled during this godfest. I got a Blodin, then a Snow White and then 6 Golems in a row. All of the Golems except the last one had +'s but damn I should have just stopped while I was ahead. I spent the rest of my stones on friends so I wouldn't be tempted by my stones anymore just to get more shitty Golems.

Add me anybody since I want to fill out my friends list.

342 144 204

I run Hypermax GrOdin in the first slot and a +297 LMeta in the second slot.

smbu2000

It's tough resisting a God Fes, but I didn't pull at all. Saving my stones for the Fist of the North Star collaboration REM.

Max skilled the LMeta on my iPad. Very happy about that. On the last one I got 3 skill ups with 5 chasers, definitely a nice surprise! I still had 20 Lchasers I hadn't evolved.

Only have at plus 63, but I'll work on her again once I get the last 20 I need to get a 297 Ronia.

Need one more skill up on my, main account, LMeta to get her max skilled as well. (10 Lchasers I need to evolve) If I can get the last one then I will have a 297 max skilled LMeta.

2 Liu Bei ults? I guess that works out well for me. I have two of them on my main account. I can do one each. Although, I have to evolve the second one that is just sitting there. I wonder how they will turn out...

J0dy77

700 days hit this morning. :)

I have to give Gungho a lot of credit, I'm amazed how long this game has kept me entertained. After hitting a low spot over the summer the game has really picked up for me again. The addition of Coin dungeons, the balance changes, spirit jewels, constant content and much better REM rates has me as excited about the game as I've ever been. Looking forward to another 700.

zjMjmzk.jpg

is this a good ronia team? What else could I use in my team? Obviously I'm still working on awakening them and evolving everything.

I also have a Minerva to awaken. Is she good on a ronia team?

Diodiablo

Banned
zjMjmzk.jpg

is this a good ronia team? What else could I use in my team? Obviously I'm still working on awakening them and evolving everything.

Good enough, the only thing I would object is that Hadar and Hera-ur have overlapping skills, but with another Ronia lead it is a good team.

Dark Minerva is crap, sadly as she was my first goddess, she does not fill in any niche, the stats aren't bad but the active is terrible and the awakenings are at most situational and don't help in a Ronia team.
Her new ultimate Awoken Minerva, if you can evolve her, is a different thing. Her new awakenings can definetly give her a place in a Ronia team as a sub, or you could swap the table and use her as a wonderful leader for a dragon/devil team.

zjMjmzk.jpg

The team looks good. Another option you have would be to use your Lu Bu as a leader for the more consistent damage. Switching Hera for D/L Lilith will help with the low recovery on that team, and give you another mini burst.

What do you guys do with your extra Keepers, sell them? Anything below Gold and Rainbow are lousy for EXP, but they sell for 2000 gold and keeping more than three or four of any color just seems redundant.

Made an ult Starling for reasons beyond comprehension. Its active grants a buff that gives you 2 extra seconds of orb movement for one turn; has that always been a thing or is it new?

Hige

Keep your keepers. You'll regret fusing/selling them when you need them to evolve skill up materials. I need a ton of them for Meimei skill ups. -_-

The Chinese gods don't seem to want to skill up for me. I'm 1/19 on Haku and 1/9 on Meimei. So many chasers and keepers...

J0dy77

Keep your keepers. You'll regret fusing/selling them when you need them to evolve skill up materials. I need a ton of them for Meimei skill ups. -_-

The Chinese gods don't seem to want to skill up for me. I'm 1/19 on Haku and 1/9 on Meimei. So many chasers and keepers...

I regret not pushing for MeiMei skillups while it was around. There was just too many other things I wanted to do during that window. Game is kind of overwhelming with things to do now, I can't imagine playing without the 5 minute stamina change.

Made an ult Starling for reasons beyond comprehension. Its active grants a buff that gives you 2 extra seconds of orb movement for one turn; has that always been a thing or is it new?
It's new. Starling and the Dark Insect evo are the first to get anything like that.

I was going to add Starling to my Durga team, but my motivation for that team has completely evaporated after rolling Hathor. Seems like anything that Durga team could do Hathor would do better. Kind of regretting giving her those 200 something plus eggs...

Yeah, I'm stockpiling as many chasers as I can right now but I'm not looking forward to the feeds. I started 1/10 on Byakko (4/42 overall) and I'm 1/18 on Pandora. Maybe Genbu will be more cooperative....

The silver lining is that we aren't doing these off invades :lol

colinp

Banned
Accidentally ate a mythlit. Friends don't let friends PAD tired!

Just need a dub-amelit to evolve Lu Bu. Have a ton of metal dragons saved up for when he evolves but no space! Damn, hate when that happens. Gonna use those two free stones from Princess Punt but shit I wanna farm today's Metal/Gold dungeon first! Silly game.

Not sure what the exact composition would be like, but I think there's the potential for a neat Fire Prong team with monsters like Awoken Ammy, Leilan, Dragon Rider, and Awoken Kagu. Needs better synergy to glue them all together though.

You're in luck! The non-ultimate version has all the awakenings as well. You lose 460 ATK and the blue sub attribute, but I agree that his active is much more useful.

Sentimental value saved me from feeding off my Valk who is now quite awesome again. But I would personally feed that Lucifer. He's not very useful anymore outside random gimmicks like Wednesday mythical.

Also, 70 plus eggs isn't as much work as it used to be, if you farm Starry View.

Absolutely destroyed Mythical Kanetsugu with dual Awoken Minerva and a random assortment of dragons/orb changers. Easy dungeon.
Awesome. Didn't realize there were 3 stages to Droidragon. I have both an ult and base Droid. So I can have both!

Speaking of Sentimental value, feeding my first +297 ADK was the hardest one. But once I got over that it got easier to rationally weigh each sacrifice. Since then, I fed a +297 Rebel Luci, a +297 Zaerog, a +99RCV Siren, and a +297 Valk. I had dupe backups for all of them though. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any of my current +297s, so I just gotta farm stats for other monsters.
700 days hit this morning. :)
Congrats! I'll get mine tomorrow!
What do you guys do with your extra Keepers, sell them? Anything below Gold and Rainbow are lousy for EXP, but they sell for 2000 gold and keeping more than three or four of any color just seems redundant.
Like others said, keep as many as you can. You don't need many for the occasional evo, but it really sucks when you need to evo skillup mobs. Then you need 20+ of each required evo mat. With the expanded box space limit, I keep up to 25 of each common/uncommon evo mat, since those are most commonly needed to raise skillup mobs.
I regret not pushing for MeiMei skillups while it was around.
The green Chaser dungeon is still active.

ZeroAKA

Cleaned up my friendlist, finally remembered to add myself to the GAF Google Docs, and added pretty much everyone who still had space. Also upgraded my list to 75. :D

Quantum

I don't think Ronia's ever been at a 3x rate before since she's a special god.

I thought she was - in fact the last time Lmeta was in the godfest they actually stated she was 1% which is why I thought the others were higher - I'm learning to live without her ^^

- today was decent - I finally 0-stoned KOG with my blonia team.

The team looks good. Another option you have would be to use your Lu Bu as a leader for the more consistent damage. Switching Hera for D/L Lilith will help with the low recovery on that team, and give you another mini burst.
OK, you suggest adding Lilith. I heard ulti ifrit was a great sub for ronia as well, I do have a salamander just sitting there. Would you suggest working on him as well, or are my subs already good? As I said, I've got a Minerva to make ultimate also. Is she better in this team, also or as her own leader?

Good enough, the only thing I would object is that Hadar and Hera-ur have overlapping skills, but with another Ronia lead it is a good team.

Dark Minerva is crap, sadly as she was my first goddess, she does not fill in any niche, the stats aren't bad but the active is terrible and the awakenings are at most situational and don't help in a Ronia team.
Her new ultimate Awoken Minerva, if you can evolve her, is a different thing. Her new awakenings can definetly give her a place in a Ronia team as a sub, or you could swap the table and use her as a wonderful leader for a dragon/devil team.
When I said awaken I meant awoken Minerva. I know the other ultimates are crap, lol.

Edit: I plan to awaken hera-ur also. Is she a better sub non awoken?

Althane

OK, you suggest adding Lilith. I heard ulti ifrit was a great sub for ronia as well, I do have a salamander just sitting there. Would you suggest working on him as well, or are my subs already good? As I said, I've got a Minerva to make ultimate also. Is she better in this team, also or as her own leader?

When I said awaken I meant awoken Minerva. I know the other ultimates are crap, lol.

My Ronia team, which is by no means a super-killer team, is:

Ronia
R/D Shiva
Echidna
King Baddie (no Lu Bu :( )
R/R Ifrit

It's pretty awesome, I'm still learning how to play all of it correctly, but I can clear a lot of descends with it. If I get Lu Bu, I'm swapping it in for Baddie. Otherwise, I might swap Shiva for Hera-Ur. Not sure what to do after that, most of it is just minor tweaking towards survivability (Echidna) or more damage, I guess?

Got a Dark Spirit Jewel from the PAL machine. Just need 2 more Red Dragon fruits and I can busty Ronia. That'll be fun.

Still haven't successfully cleared Trifruits though. Mnr.

Ifrit is a solid option for a red focused team, though his active requires a lot of skillups to be feasible. And DQ Hera-Ur makes a good leader choice in that case. Haven't really looked at Minerva a lot, but Ronia+Minerva gives a full red board, which can save your ass if Ronias active screws you over.

Top Bottom