• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

3 pulls

Apollo, Kirin, Lu Bu

Still haven't gotten a Red Sonia on my main :/. Also is Apollo any good, and is having two Kirins useful?

Ultimate Apollo is my favorite Kirin sub. That active is so good for her. It's too bad his skill-ups are a bitch to get.

Got two Sakuyas (both dupes), Sun Quan, Umisachi&Yamasachi, Apollo and Amaterasu.
I was sitting next to my sister and we were rolling together. The one I wanted most, Anubis, and my sister got him -_-
Oh well!!! I am a bit bummed, got a bunch of silver eggs and lower rarity eggs.

suko_32

Main:
Berry Dragon
Sylph
Fallen Angel Lucifer
Snow White

Alt:
Pierdrawn
Blue Sonia (New)
Light Wizard, Rei Sirius (New)
Angel

Sigh.

J0dy77

Four rolls, going to miss my 700 day bonus by two days.

Venus (dupe)
Genie
Izanagi
Golem (because of course)

Happy with Izanagi but disappointing overall. So much potential in this fest and only pulled a sub. I think the game is telling me to invest my plus eggs in my Athena team. I have a great lineup for him.

Why do so many people want sun quan? For L Tron?

Jagernaut

Ultimate Apollo is my favorite Kirin sub. That active is so good for her. It's too bad his skill-ups are a bitch to get.

If you can clear Hera-Sowilo on Legend, the evolved cyclops drop every time I think.

I pulled 4 times and got zero from the godfest.

Amaterasu - Lv 30 so was from light carnival
Dragon Rider - Lv 30 so was from light carnival
Pierdrawn - crap
Mystic flame knight - crap

I had good luck last godfest but not this one. Amaterasu is ok at least since I didn't have one.

Jagernaut

Now that U&Y are healers, Sun Quan is a great sub for them. Also a great sub for I&I blue healer teams and Light Kali. Delay and healer spike combined in one monster.

I have overall mixed feelings about my results. I got a few great pulls, but not one of the gods I wanted most.

Toyceratops (my third)
Earth Golem
Ganesha
Bastet (dupe, will get second uvo)
Amaterasu
Meimei
GZL
Lemon Dragon (third)
Snow White

Pretty happy with Meimei and GZL, not sure what to think about Ama and Ganesha.

jay23

Ended up with 165 stones. These are my 33 rolls, starting from Ronia.

M6X87Ps.jpg

cjJPLfZ.jpg

How did I do?

thetechkid

Second Ronia(WHOOO)
Shiva(I've wanted this monster since I started playing)
Bastet

My Ronia team just got a big boost, hopefully tomorrow I'll have enough stones for one last roll in Amazfest2012.

yami4ct

I need to put together a new PAD Herder for some team advice. Will probably do that tomorrow. Getting pretty excited about these Kalis, though. Thinking maybe

L. Kali/ L. Kali/L. Yomi/L. Meta/Athena

will be my first team. Need to look through my box some more, though. Too many options.

I need to put together a new PAD Herder for some team advice. Will probably do that tomorrow. Getting pretty excited about these Kalis, though. Thinking maybe

L. Kali/ L. Kali/L. Yomi/L. Meta/Athena

will be my first team. Need to look through my box some more, though. Too many options.

If you somehow get or gave a Fuma Kotaro he makes the best Kali sub besides Kali.

linsivvi

Mind taking a look at my box and helping me figure out if I can use Red Odin at all?

https://www.padherder.com/user/cornb/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;default,0

You can stick him in almost any team simply because of his amazing stats and 3 skill boosts. Ignore his sub element and put him in a Kirin team and your gravity activates in 3 less turns. Put him in DQXQ team and you get a big boost in HP.

Also goes very well with R/D Shiva.

damisa

9 rolls:
Amaterasu(dupe)
Mandrake
Shardra
Titan
Ronia(dupe)
U&Y
Blonia
Dragon Samurai
Sleeping Beauty

Don't mind a second Ronia, and U&Y is good but I have Kirin already. Blonia might be interesting

Mind taking a look at my box and helping me figure out if I can use Red Odin at all?

https://www.padherder.com/user/cornb/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;default,0
not seeing a better fire lead there than rodin himself but at least he has that hp boost now

shiva/red riding hood/mitsuki/echidna as subs perhaps? RCV blows though...

you could also fit him into your kirin/dqxq teams if you really need the skill boosts but he's not the best sub for them (3 skill boosts really do come in handy if you make a trifruits/twinlits team though!)

best use for you right now is probably to skill him up and use it to farm tech dungeons on challenge mode during 5x techs tbh

So uh....don't know how to use d metatron now that you can add gods.
byakko, persephone, pandora, dark valk ult, durga, etc

Alucrid

Banned
managed to grab

sleeping dragon zhuge liang
woodwitch leeza
red sky fruit strawberry dragon

i should really start doing research on how to make decent teams now

I have two Haku but none of the rest.
do you happen to have a hanzo? having that second orb change in case 7 star trolls you with few dark orbs really helps consistency

looking at your padherder, lucifer might work as a durga/lubu alternative but you'd have to skill up morning star and 20 turns is still a long time...

byakko/byakko/vamp/_____ with lucifer or ronia in the last spot is probably your best bet

FZZ

Banned
Alright so with all these pulls and drops I thought were useless it looks like Gung-ho was inadvertently trying to give me a Kirin team this whole time

How does Kirin, Takeminakata, L/G Thor, Apollo, and Supergirl sound?

Supergirl is the only one who doesn't synergize that well but I'll take the risk.

am_dragon

I rolled 14 times:
7 trash - 3 Lilith I guess I can try to skill up Poison Ivy
Bastet - Dupe, but now I can uevo one and have options.
Minerva - Dupe
Grape Dragon - Dupe
MeiMei - Dupe
Green Odin - First one, awesome finally.
Baal - No idea.
Sun Quan - Very happy.

I'm not up on Sun Quan teams but I have quite a few high level healers, I have I&I, max skill Blue Valk, max skill Ruka and Hatsume, so I think I have something that will work.

Still looking for Red Sonia and Haku, but I'm happy, far from my worst GF.

Forgot to check back for the plus egg dungeon, got 2 runs in for 2 pluses. I've totally missed it the last 3 times. Usually that and Gold Dragons pop at 2 am for me.

Zero_IYAD

3 pulls:
Ra (2nd one, I already use my L/L one, I'll turn him to his 2nd Ulti eventually)
Sea Serpent (this shit is still in the REM!!)
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao (I know many people want this, what kind of teams I can run with this one?)

do you happen to have a hanzo? having that second orb change in case 7 star trolls you with few dark orbs really helps consistency

looking at your padherder, lucifer might work as a durga/lubu alternative but you'd have to skill up morning star and 20 turns is still a long time...

byakko/byakko/vamp/_____ with lucifer or ronia in the last spot is probably your best bet
No Hanzo sadly. I need to update my Padherder.

9 rolls. 8 Gods... The last 9 monsters are my rolls from tonight's 45 stones I'd been saving. I can't even believe it. Was this dumb luck?

Jby6txW.jpg

eUZE6M1.jpg

Ideas for teams with these guys?

colinp

Banned
Gigas
Dragon Rider Arthur
Amaterasu
Machine Golem MkII (dupe)
Lu Bu
FA Lucifer (dupe, but I'll second uvo him!)
Pierdrawn (dupe)

Is this a dream? Best luck I've ever had in this game. Down to only 8 stones now, but it was worth it! Plus I get my 700 day bonus in a few days. Done with the Chaser dungeon and don't need Porings, so I can start rebuilding my stash. Thank goodness for DMeta's uvo so I don't need to farm Devilits for her. Only other monsters I would have really liked are Lu Bu and Bonia. But I'm completely happy with my haul.

KREhkHY.jpg

I also beat challenge 9, but spent a couple stones to do so for idiotic mistakes. Went with Sakuya, Mastering, Apollo, LMeta, Grodin, Sakuya. I used Sakuya for all the challenges so far, but it looks like I finally need a new team for #10, since I can't even survive the first round preemptive.

Zero_IYAD

Is this a dream? Best luck I've ever had in this game. Down to only 8 stones now, but it was worth it! Plus I get my 700 day bonus in a few days. Done with the Chaser dungeon and don't need Porings, so I can start rebuilding my stash. Thank goodness for DMeta's uvo so I don't need to farm Devilits for her. Only other monsters I would have really liked are Lu Bu and Bonia. But I'm completely happy with my haul.

KREhkHY.jpg

I also beat challenge 9, but spent a couple stones to do so for idiotic mistakes. Went with Sakuya, Mastering, Apollo, LMeta, Grodin, Sakuya. I used Sakuya for all the challenges so far, but it looks like I finally need a new team for #10, since I can't even survive the first round preemptive.
Congrats!
You always wanted a D.Meta :D !!

razterik

Which level is better for farming Kodama at 2x drop, master or expert?

I would definitely run Master, and even during 2x, it is not a 100% drop on the pre boss floor.

Holy moly, GC. That might be the best set of back-to-back rolls I've ever seen. Nice golem troll to finish, heh.

I've managed to break my REM addiction (for now) since I started looking at each roll as roughly half of a +297. Maxing out teams feels more important to me since I think they've slowed the power creep significantly, but continue advancing the difficulty of new content. Doesn't help that the rate they are dumping stuff on us is getting a little overwhelming. Challenge, coin, descend, weekly and biweekly is too much on these time limits. My desire to stay caught up has waned quite a bit.

Uthred

Main

Bastet (New god at least)
Fairlion (dupe, already max skiled)

Alt

Kali, Goddess of Secrets (I dont know why I roll on this account, I never play it and getting something good just pisses me off)
Bastet (dupe)
Fairlion (dupe, already maxed, also clearly the universe wants me to have Bastet and Fairlion)

2 rolls.

D.Meta and Meimei

Any good?

Dark Metatron is excellent but extremely REM heavy, Meimei is solid

got FA Lucifer (dupe) and Rei Sirius
anyone thinks Rei Sirius is a good sub for athena and L.meta team?
My Athena team include L.meta, Kirin, Verche and Thor (Unevo), should i replace Thor as him?

Did everyone else get their free stone message today? I didn't. I'm way more upset about this than an adult should be.

I did not get my free stone today either... It's probably something in the fine print for this event that the stones skipped today... Otherwise we may get glorious compensation (probably just the stone)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So yeah....

The good:
I reached Rank 80 and apparently i can"purchase" dungeons now. Good i guess ?

Finally cleared Tomb of the Saint-Deep (Normal) and Twilight Woods (Technical) with the help of GAF leaders - i dont know how long i`ve been stuck on those dungeons
LLShC.gif

Farmed 2 Ghostrings so far, if i could get just two more i can retire my old resolve team for now. But i doubt it will happen this weekend, lets see.

I got the Blue Ancient Mask for PAL Evo you need to Ult Evo U&Y - cool.

The Bad:
I really need to add more Gaffers, dungeon success rate depends on it.

Godfest:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMI
EWmof.gif

The only reason i even rolled, really happy that i finally got her. Rolled like 10 times and will roll 2x times more tomorrow since i will get my 100-day login bonus.

So here is what i rolled:

Yomi
Snow White ( crap i guess ? Already had her and sold her months ago )
GrimRock ( crap i guess ? )
Sun Quan ( dont know the unit, but he seems good )
Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya ( dont know the unit, but seems good and popular i think ? )
Kushinadahime ( dont know the unit )
Melon Dragon ( well)
Storm Dragon, Mistrain ( hmm....well )
Angel ( my first healer i think, will still try to get Siren though. Her evos look good though )
Thor ( dont know the unit, doesnt look too impressive)
Persephone (Dupe, dont know what to do with a 2nd - probably just keep it )

Well thats that, im running U&Y and Zhuge Liang Leader, if any of these pulls are a nice fit to either team let me know. At this point i have more than enough units to level anyway, so after the 2 left pulls tomorrow ill be fine for quite some time i think.

Jagernaut

Kushinadahime is a very good sub for green Zhuge Liang, her active will keep you from getting killed by big hits.

Sun Quan is an excellent sub for U&Y once you ultimate evolve U&Y into healer subtype.

Ducarmel

Edit: I did not get my free stone this morning too.

Snow White ( crap i guess ? Already had her and sold her months ago )
Glad you got your Yomi but you should never sell REM only monsters no matter how crappy they are, you just never know one day gungho just out of the blue might decide to give these girls a ultimate that makes them useable.

Riders were once scoffed at so much so I fell for the hate and sold/fused the riders I had pulled when I first started playing, now everybody would be glad to get one if they have a leader that could use them. To this day I still regret getting rid of them

Snow White has double bind resist pretty useful if you can spare a spot on a team and want to manipulate a dungeon with technical rules.

Top Bottom