• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

ccbfan

Nice to see lots of new Ronia users.

I'm trying to create a new team for mine too.

So far I'm thinking

Red Team

Ronia
Belial or Ifrit (which is better,I'm think Belial)
Hera-UR (Non Ult)
Enchilada/Rodin (Depends how much I need the skill boost and red rows or Delay)
Ult Minerva/Baddie (Depend if I need Baddy)

Black Team

Ronia
D/D Haku
D/D Haku/ D/D Hades /CDD (Depend how much I need RCV vs spike damage)
D/L Bats
Baddie/Lillith (Depend how much I need RCV vs mass damage)

My Ronia teams

Dark
Ronia
DD haku
DD haku
Hadar
Baddie

Red
Ronia
Belial
Hera Ur
Ifrit
Baddie

Never got the Shiva or Lu Bu I wanted but these teams do for now. My Red Ronia team is my weekend dungeon team and dark is what I beat everything else with till I ult my Dmeta.

Just beat KOG with my dark team for the first time subbing in Hera for Hadar for gravity.

Maybe I don't even need to with hadar's enhanced orbs and added row enhance..hm..

Edit: Nope don't need to stall or use Hera. Much faster with hadar.

Learned some cool lore today. If you've ever noticed, Verche and Athena have the exact same pose in their artwork:
Pet1422.png

Pet825.png

which is a reference to mythology where Athena disguised herself as a man to fight for humans.

linsivvi

I refuse to skill up any monster that require evolving. I'll just skill up Meimei slowly by using the challenge dungeon rewards.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good:
Did the Kepper of Rainbow twice and succeded - feels very good to finally be able to finish this stage...well at least if Zoku or someone else has there Zhuge Liang up :-D

Also checked out his stats....many they are very solid he has better stats than most of my units :eek:

The Bad:

Well not really bad, but im just thinking of a way to clear the final Mask Dungeon to get one mask to U/Evo U&Y. Is there a cheap strategy in place for this one like with the Ogre Resolve team earlier ? Checked out the stage they all have low hp but one of the final Ancient masks has very high stats.

btw. Lets say a enemies has 10 hp and 10 def, that means i would have to do 20 dmg to kill him right ? Dont really understand how the defense works in this game since masks and co. tend to only recieve single digit hits.

I got 3 Ghost Rings last week with Poison, but i dont think they can help me out here.

Hige

I don't think there's an easy way to cheese the Wednesday dungeon on legend difficulty at a low rank. Your best chance is to save Pal points and roll when rare evo mats are in the PEM.

linsivvi

Good:
Did the Kepper of Rainbow twice and succeded - feels very good to finally be able to finish this stage...well at least if Zoku or someone else has there Zhuge Liang up :-D

Also checked out his stats....many they are very solid he has better stats than most of my units :eek:

The Bad:

Well not really bad, but im just thinking of a way to clear the final Mask Dungeon to get one mask to U/Evo U&Y. Is there a cheap strategy in place for this one like with the Ogre Resolve team earlier ? Checked out the stage they all have low hp but one of the final Ancient masks has very high stats.

btw. Lets say a enemies has 10 hp and 10 def, that means i would have to do 20 dmg to kill him right ? Dont really understand how the defense works in this game since masks and co. tend to only recieve single digit hits.

I got 3 Ghost Rings last week with Poison, but i dont think they can help me out here.

Keeper of Rainbow is a good sub until you have maxed teams, so keep one around the next time if you can.

Legend difficulty for Wednesday dungeon is hard even for many high level players. I wouldn't worry about it right now since U&Y is still very powerful without the ultimate.

The easiest way to 0-stone it is to have a max level team with high to complete skill lock resist, which is going to take a while for you to do that. At this point it's best for you to max your team, start farming descend monsters and S-rank as many dungeons as you can to fully awaken your team.

quin

https://mobile.twitter.com/pad_sexy/media/grid?idx=0&tid=540108594058772480

Hades!

Devil/Attacker
leader skill - 50% damage reduction from dark/green and 2.5x attack for devil/dark

Active skill - Reduce enemy hp by 20% and 5 extra(?) seconds to move orbs

huge increase in attack as well

https://mobile.twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/540087567333351426

also, it looks like when you use a stone to refresh stamina it will add to your total. not replace it!!

No more wasting stamina!

if your stamina is 49/200 and you use a stone you will have 249 stamina.

Wednesday legend is pretty easy with a 4/1/4 team. It takes a long time, and you can't lose focus though. Just need two Hera or Hera-Is sub's and a Lucifer friend. If you can hit 45k HP and ~9k RCV its not bad at all.

Stamina change is cool, it's one of the things that was on my list of QOL improvements. Other big one was having skillups transfer between monsters.

J0dy77

Learned some cool lore today. If you've ever noticed, Verche and Athena have the exact same pose in their artwork:
Pet1422.png

Pet825.png

which is a reference to mythology where Athena disguised herself as a man to fight for humans.

Damn you Cosmo. That makes me want this thing even more:

puzzle_dragons_figure_athena_03.jpg

J0dy77

https://mobile.twitter.com/pad_sexy/media/grid?idx=0&tid=540108594058772480

Hades!

Devil/Attacker
leader skill - 50% damage reduction from dark/green and 2.5x attack for devil/dark

Active skill - 20% damage and 5 extra(?) seconds to move orbs

huge increase in attack as well

https://mobile.twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/540087567333351426

also, it looks like when you use a stone to refresh stamina it will add to your total. not replace it!!

No more wasting stamina!

if your stamina is 49/200 and you use a stone you will have 249 stamina.

That stamina change is awesome.

Not sure how I feel about Hades yet. Depends on the CD and his skillup options and how much I can get out of that 20% dmg boost and does it stack with other multipliers.

quin

That stamina change is awesome.

Not sure how I feel about Hades yet. Depends on the CD and his skillup options and how much I can get out of that 20% dmg boost and does it stack with other multipliers.

it's gravity. I was pretty unclear about that, sorry.

I'm sure the base turn is 17. The don't usually go past 3

I'm assuming that much like other super uvos the new skill will have low numbers of skillups to max out but can't easily be skilled up other than through piis.

He's pretty cool I might be able to swing some sort of red/green/dark TPA team with him.

ccbfan

New Hades makes for a pretty great Ronia partner depending on a dungeon.

It allows for an essentially 2/6.25/5 on certain areas of a dungeon for recharging or makes tough areas easier. You can now recharge while fighting green Hera and Zeus and load out full skills before they go berserk.

linsivvi

Hera-Is leader skill is buffed again to 3x attack over 50% hp to gods and devils and 1.5 hp/rcv to devils.

Not sure how I feel about it yet. Hera-Is' value had always been as a sub, and losing the dark sub element hurts.

Anyone want to throw up an Awoken Minerva? I kinda want to see if I can waste 100 stamina on Challenge 10...

not that I think I can do 7-9, but I want to see if I can even hit the HP requirement.

razterik

Anyone want to throw up an Awoken Minerva? I kinda want to see if I can waste 100 stamina on Challenge 10...

not that I think I can do 7-9, but I want to see if I can even hit the HP requirement.

ID? I got some spots for anyone that needs Minerva. Going to lunch in a bit, but will have her up most of the day.

ID? I got some spots for anyone that needs Minerva. Going to lunch in a bit, but will have her up most of the day.

399 633 290

Mostly Ronia, Awoken Minerva, Shiva on Thursdays/Fridays, Kirin for descends, and Ganesha for weekend dungeons

Cleared out some people who quit (111days without playing, I think they quit) so I have some spots for interested people.

J0dy77

it's gravity. I was pretty unclear about that, sorry.

I'm sure the base turn is 17. The don't usually go past 3

Ah ok, well glad I waited to start maxing his gravity like I did with Hera-IS. I'll have to see how the final product and what the max skill is.

Does stamina overflow apply to ranks ups? That would be so amazing.

Apparently it does which is awesome. I didn't have much time to play yesterday and accidentally overflowed with 100 stamina in the bank and right before Super Metal. This would have been really welcomed.

A green sub for Awoken Hades makes me sad :(

This makes me really happy actually. He fits in much better with my Horus team now and I can dump a green source for another dark to go with Yomi.

You should squirrel away the account in case you get bored of rerolling, since fully evolved Valk is not that bad these days, but yeah lots of better options available.

Stoked for overflow stamina. Nice mechanic to steal from Monstrike. And if it overflows on rank-up, that's even better than Monstrike. Love games stealing good mechanics from the competition. No more wasting stamina or running cheaper dungeons to use remaining stam. Glad I haven't run TAMA Village yet. I'll save it for the overflow update.

So what's the current best team to tackle Challenge 10? I see Awoken Minerva mentioned but what's the ideal team comp?

10170838_962722290423030_6933447268408344041_n.png

[Duration]: 12/6 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 12/7 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
If you found yourself missing the nonstop thrill of dungeons and bonuses during our nonevent days, we have a surprise for you!

Zeus Mercury and Zhang Fei are descending this weekend, for your own chance to challenge them as Antonio and Mr. S did on Stream this Monday!

For each day, we’re awarding players a series of bonuses. The details can be found below.

12/6 - Zhang Fei!!
12/7 - Zeus Mercury Descended!

Pal Egg Machine:
Rare Evo Materials may appear!

TAMADRAs earned from the Cyber Monday Twitch Stream:
- 1 delivered daily, starting 12/4 (Thurs) and extending until 12/7 (Sun)
- Delivered via ingame mail
- Given out from 4:00 AM to 3:59 AM of the next day

2000 Pal Points to all users:
- 2000 delivered daily on each day of the descends, 12/6 & 12/7

Just read on PAD forum how Awoken Kagatsuchi is the ultimate King Metal/Jewel farmer. I didn't even think of that. But it defense-breaks and sweeps King dungeons all on its own. Just load your team with skill boosts to have it ready on turn 1. Now I can clear out all my dupe ultimate Ogres. Heh.

Just read on PAD forum how Awoken Kagatsuchi is the ultimate King Metal/Jewel farmer. I didn't even think of that. But it defense-breaks and sweeps King dungeons all on its own. Just load your team with skill boosts to have it ready on turn 1. Now I can clear out all my dupe ultimate Ogres. Heh.

he needs some insane evo mats.

10170838_962722290423030_6933447268408344041_n.png

[Duration]: 12/6 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 12/7 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
If you found yourself missing the nonstop thrill of dungeons and bonuses during our nonevent days, we have a surprise for you!

Zeus Mercury and Zhang Fei are descending this weekend, for your own chance to challenge them as Antonio and Mr. S did on Stream this Monday!

For each day, we’re awarding players a series of bonuses. The details can be found below.

12/6 - Zhang Fei!!
12/7 - Zeus Mercury Descended!

Pal Egg Machine:
Rare Evo Materials may appear!

TAMADRAs earned from the Cyber Monday Twitch Stream:
- 1 delivered daily, starting 12/4 (Thurs) and extending until 12/7 (Sun)

2000 Pal Points to all users:
- 2000 delivered daily on each day of the descends, 12/6 & 12/7
No 2x skillups? :(

Hmmm hadn't thought of Awoken Kagutsuchi as a leader. What kind of teams does he fit on as a sub? He seems perfect for red Guan Yu, but are there any others?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The Good:
Got a Tamadara from the Sapphire Dragon Dungeon - Yes. Did unlock the 2nd TPA for for Zhuge.

The Bad:
Ult-Evo cost even more, so i probably wont bother anytime soon with them.

Difficult to focus on which unit/team to focus. I should improve the U&Y team, but Zhuge spoiled me with easy/high dmg - U&Y is safer to play because i can stall and heal without worrying.

I don't think there's an easy way to cheese the Wednesday dungeon on legend difficulty at a low rank. Your best chance is to save Pal points and roll when rare evo mats are in the PEM.
Keeper of Rainbow is a good sub until you have maxed teams, so keep one around the next time if you can.

Legend difficulty for Wednesday dungeon is hard even for many high level players. I wouldn't worry about it right now since U&Y is still very powerful without the ultimate.

The easiest way to 0-stone it is to have a max level team with high to complete skill lock resist, which is going to take a while for you to do that. At this point it's best for you to max your team, start farming descend monsters and S-rank as many dungeons as you can to fully awaken your team.

Hehe thats what i figured xD
But good having the confirmation before wasting stamina again. Guess ill need to hope for PAL Machine luck.

Just realized that i have Angelit and can Ult/Evo Yomi already :eek:
This would be my first Ult-Evo. Would mean that U&Y and Yomi alone offer all elements needed to activate U&Y Leaderskill.

How rare are Angelit materials anyway ?

btw. I have Big Bubblie and can evolve him into the King. From earlier in this thread:

You have almost a complete Kirin team of: kirin, verche, Apollo/echidna, King bubblie, green Odin.

I own now all the bolded ones. I think i should give it a go...just for fun. Since i need to focus on the teams i already have.

zoku88

I've gotten one angelit from the PEM during events. (which I also used for Yomi, lol)

I've gotten ilke three of those green masks and two of those blue masks...

Just to give you an idea..

EDIT: Then again, I've gotten like four devilits.

Really hoping to get a water orb in the rare evo pull to ult evolve my dmeta.. I've gotten every other color ,a ton of rare masks and a bunch of angelits, and dragon fruits.

Really hoping to get a water orb in the rare evo pull to ult evolve my dmeta.. I've gotten every other color ,a ton of rare masks and a bunch of angelits, and dragon fruits.
You and me both. I'd settle for the blue orb appearing in an easy mythical dungeon like Valk though since I need to skill her up anyway.

Wait, it actually breaks defense, or just that with the multiplier it goes above that of the kings?

Jagernaut

Wait, it actually breaks defense, or just that with the multiplier it goes above that of the kings?

75% defense break active skill + leader skill of 15x atk every time you match 1 set of orbs. A max Lv Awoken Kagutsuchi will do 23,400 damage and it only takes 22,777 damage to kill any super king after armor break.

quin

75% defense break active skill + leader skill of 15x atk every time you match 1 set of orbs. A max Lv Awoken Kagutsuchi will do 23,400 damage and it only takes 22,777 damage to kill any super king after armor break.

This doesn't work. The armor break expires before the auto damage. You will need to kill them with attacks

Cbajd5

I guess since I finally figured out how to use PADherder/PADListener I should ask for advice on what teams i could/should try to make. I've mainly been using Okuninushi/Anubis with whatever subs I felt like using so I think any advice should be useful. (I've been playing for around a year and a half now, but for a lot of that I've just been logging in to get whatever free stuff they'd give out and build up the days played. I haven't done any IAP if I remember correctly either.)

https://www.padherder.com/user/Cbajd5/monsters/

I just recently got Kirin/U&Y so i think a priority for me right now is getting them evolved/leveled up a bit, but I know I need to level up a lot of stuff I've had for a while. The Ronias are somewhat recent additions as well, and part of the reason I'm asking for advice is to build a team that could somewhat reliably beat the Mythical Thursday Dungeon so I can get the last 2 Red Fruits I need to ultimate Evolve the one Ronia. (I managed to beat it once using an Anubis team, but that failed on every subsequent attempt.) Advice for the Friday Mythical would be appreciated as well, because I need Devilits and Angelits too. And I guess tackling some descends outside of Hera would be good too.

also why do i never have any dragon plants or seeds

Top Bottom