• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

So what's the current best team to tackle Challenge 10? I see Awoken Minerva mentioned but what's the ideal team comp?

Minerva/Ronia/Disco Hera Ur/.../.../Minerva seems somewhat standard. Last two slots are variable based on clearing Zeus Dios preemptive (shield or high HP), heart orb maker (usually Uriel), extra board change (second Ronia or Mastering), or row/damage boost (Rodin or Freyr).

Also possible with a Minerva/Uriel combo that leaves more HP room for defensive subs like Echidna or red golem. Have to watch max damage on final stage or take Wangren for extra burst.

I never thought I'd see the day...

evxfhJO.jpg

=D Decided to finish it before GH changes the Blue Mask's skill.

Thanks for the write-up Raz. I shouldn't have waited until the last day to prep for #10. I don't have the mats to make Ur dance or evo Wangren. And I don't have a spare Ur to Awaken Minerva. I think my best bet this go-around would be the Uriel/Minerva leaders route sans Wangren, unless a level 50 base Wangren would still suffice since it still has the same active and leader skills. Or I could make a completely different team and just eat a stone to continue after the initial death. I'd get it back after the clear, but who knows how many deaths I'd suffer in the rest of the dungeon.

There's also the least attractive option of skipping it completely and saying bye to Badpii forever. =P

linsivvi

Managed to beat level 8 with 2 stones and very luckily 0-stoned level 9.

I am not going to throw stones at level 10. Not sure I have the team to do it in the foreseeable future either...

razterik

The game is in year 3 and it's still getting features it should have had since the beginning.

Fixed, heh. They're mostly ganking things that other games do now to compete with them. I'm glad they got knocked off the top of the charts so they finally had to learn from their competition.

Running Challenge 10 right now. Zeus Stratios is giving me an education on being a super combo master, haha. Taking bets on what happens first, either I gain Anubis skills or his combo shield expires...

Edit: Done, zero stone. Hell yes. Pics in a bit.

Realized a little late that I needed dragon Freyr ultimate for the extra HP and had no Dub-mythlits. First run luck. Also had to ult Ronia, and +297 both Minerva and Hera-Ur. Pandora now crying over those lost eggs.

No pics for beginning rounds, Hera was pretty simple until the gravity. Orb change and finished her off. I was worried about Beelzebub, but managed to heal through his attack okay while I recharged Ronia for the second poison board. Once she was up, Uriel gave me heal orbs for full health and combined with Freyr to knock him below 50%. Thought I was dead because I forgot his board change hit for a bit of damage that put me below Dios preemptive hit. Ronia-Minerva finished Beelzebub and I was ready to stone when Uriel's autoheal kicked in and put me back over range. Perfect. Had a fair amount of dark, so hit Minerva-Ur to knock Dios into light. Skyfalls brought two more red combos and he was out first turn.

72 turns of this jerk. I am bad at this game when I work all day. Olympios is much easier, only hits harder and has less HP to recharge skills.

First hit just wasn't enough without any help. Thanks for nothing, board drop. But it was close enough that a decent combo and one row did her in. I spent way too long working on that last move.

Hardest dungeon I have run so far. And they keep making this one harder each time!? Ugh. Also finished Challenge 8 and 9 today with Awoken Ceres/Pandora teams respectively. All three of the last challenge dungeons took a couple tries each before zero stone.

Looking forward to a break in events. Back to farming Genbu skill ups.

raiot

How did you kill Olympics and Hera Ur? My team is: minerva, shiva, Ur, echnida, Ronja, Minerva. I'm currently on stratios but I can't see my plan for Olympios and Ur:(

razterik

How did you kill Olympics and Hera Ur? My team is: minerva, shiva, Ur, echnida, Ronja, Minerva. I'm currently on stratios but I can't see my plan for Olympios and Ur:(

My team was Minerva/Ronia/Hera Ur/Uriel/Freyr/Minerva. And lots of plus eggs.

I wore down Olympios until he hit 30% threshold, then blew him up with bottom row stashed red/dark orbs for Minerva and boost from Freyr. It's pretty tough to get there since his Lightning hits for 7.3k and he uses it so often.

Hera Ur was interesting, heh. You might have a better setup if you can make it to her with Echidna up and most of your actives. I had no delay, so started with a full board Ronia-Minerva-Ur while Freyr was on. When I tested this, I could get enough to oneshot if I got any skyfall combo. Of course, I got none. But I had a free turn from her combo shield and an okay board. Uriel was up, so he gave me enough red orbs to eek out a 6 combo to finish.

Congrats, Raz!

I only have 11,000 exp til rank-up, so I took a free shot at Challenge 10. Here's the team I cobbled together. Not optimal at all, obviously, but it fared well until the Dancing Queen. In fact, I was able to 0-stone all the way to the boss and was even holding my own against her ... until I got her below 50% health. HOT Hera Tunes was actually helping me get her life down to 50% quickly, but I guess Dublit Mirror overwrites it. Suddenly I can't do jack shit for damage. In fact I'm actually healing her as I fail to make 6 combos, all the while taking massive damage until I die. I realize it's nigh impossible to beat her now, without spending massive stones I don't have, nor would I waste my time if I did.

The dungeon expired while I was in it, so no chance to tweak and retry. I see why some people use Wangren, though. Uriel is just delaying the inevitable death, and you need to just burn her down ASAP.

Will the challenges be the same next time, or do they change?

I used a +297 Awoken Minerva friend.
jx87Kpe.png

linsivvi

The dungeon expired while I was in it, so no chance to tweak and retry. I see why some people use Wangren, though. Uriel is just delaying the inevitable death, and you need to just burn her down ASAP.

Fucking lucky that you didn't spend a single stone, because:

*Dungeons must be completed by 12/4 (Thurs) 11:59 PM (PST) to receive the rewards. If the time limit is passed while in the dungeon, the dungeon rewards cannot be received

I think the order of appearance of the monsters change between challenges.

razterik

Will the challenges be the same next time, or do they change?

Thanks. My first run a couple days ago was a similar team that also died on Hera Ur. Decided to go full offense this time.

The dungeons change each time so far. Some changes are minor, others very much not. New bosses, different floor orders, etc. For example, I think Challenge 10 v2 starts with Beelzebub first floor and v3 has Awoken Hera-Is as the final boss. Rewards are swapped around a little as well. If you didn't clear it this time, it's gone forever as far as I know, although it's possible they are cycling through the Challenge dungeons on some pattern?

I think the reward time limit is actually tonight? Seems like it gives an extra day past closing anyway.

J0dy77

Oh right that was the other major QOL thing on my wishlist. Almost there!

Ha! That's awesome and I just mentioned this needed to happen a few pages back in the thread. Well done Gung-Ho.

Need GAFs advice. I'm at a crossroads for the game in terms of teams to work on. I'm done rolling anything REM for a while and just going to focus on getting + eggs and levels. The last few god fests have been very kind to me and I need to focus, where should I put my + eggs. Here are my options:

Lu Bu
Awoken Athena
Kirin
Haku
GZL
DQXQ
Durga

Leaning towards Lu Bu since he would be a staple on Haku team and pairs really well with Ronia. For some reason I havent fallen in love with Kirin after wanting her for so long. I tend to still use Horus on dungeons that can fit either play style. Less chance of getting orb trolled and I have a big + egg advantage on Horus team.

smbu2000

Well I did it for my secondary account the other day and now I have my main account LMeta max skilled as well! Yay!

I also cleared challenge dungeon 6, no continues, with my LHorus party. Wasn't sure I'd be able to as it seems harder this time around with the addition of Takeminakata.

Ha! That's awesome and I just mentioned this needed to happen a few pages back in the thread. Well done Gung-Ho.

Need GAFs advice. I'm at a crossroads for the game in terms of teams to work on. I'm done rolling anything REM for a while and just going to focus on getting + eggs and levels. The last few god fests have been very kind to me and I need to focus, where should I put my + eggs. Here are my options:

Lu Bu
Awoken Athena
Kirin
Haku
GZL
DQXQ
Durga

Leaning towards Lu Bu since he would be a staple on Haku team and pairs really well with Ronia. For some reason I havent fallen in love with Kirin after wanting her for so long. I tend to still use Horus on dungeons that can fit either play style. Less chance of getting orb trolled and I have a big + egg advantage on Horus team.
Full devil Byakko team isn't what it's cracked up to be unless you have a bunch of high RCV devils like FA Luci, Loki, etc. or a bunch of +eggs to compensate for the lousy RCV. I stopped using my all devil Byakko team once I had a better KoG farming team. That said, a 297 RCV Lu Bu makes pairing with Ronia much stronger.

For myself, I'm considering splitting my next 297 +eggs between GZL and a 0 RCV lead (Blonia, Lu Bu, Athena) since GZL teams seem to really need the HP and those 0 RCV leads need the RCV more than GZL.

The other option is to 297 Byakko since she's a strong lead and an excellent Lu Bu sub. /bias

Lu Bu
Awoken Athena
Kirin
Haku
GZL
DQXQ
Durga

I vote GZL. His teams are generally low in HP and with two TPA he has a lot to gain from +ATK. As an added bonus, GZL seems like a perfect sub for a Horus attacker team.

Hige

Lu Bu
Awoken Athena
Kirin
Haku
GZL
DQXQ
Durga

Lu Bu or Haku. Haku can be used as a sub on so many teams, but I don't know how well she holds up as a leader these days. I find myself using her on my Ronia team a lot more than Shiva and just taking a dark-focused team everywhere though. Lu Bu is amazing as a leader or sub. I've been using my Lu Bu friends lately for that HP boost for the recent challenge dungeons, and he always does a lot of damage thanks to his high ATK so you can't really go wrong with him. I don't think he's as reliable for pal points as Ronia though, if that's a concern.

I think those two are somewhat more future-proof compared to the others you listed. Kirin/DQXQ are nice, but they're overshadowed by LKali and whenever Hathor gets released IMO. Athena's more of a farming lead that can do some descends here and there. Durga seems outclassed by Kirin and U&Y as a lead and maybe not popular enough to find friends using her, but she has sub potential for DMeta teams. As for GZL, I actually have a +210 GZL myself and I'm not sure how I feel about it lol. He's useful as a sub for Athena and he can fill in the G/D role for color leads like Horus (while doing insane damage if you clear 4 green orbs), but I rarely try descends with him because I find the HP conditional too wonky a lot of the time. I always end up going back to Ronia, Kirin, or LMeta instead.

What are you guys using to s rank Princess punt? Right now I'm thinking Anubis/Yomi, but that relies on a lot of luck to hit the required average combo score.

J0dy77

Lu Bu or Haku. Haku can be used as a sub on so many teams, but I don't know how well she holds up as a leader these days. I find myself using her on my Ronia team a lot more than Shiva and just taking a dark-focused team everywhere though. Lu Bu is amazing as a leader or sub. I've been using my Lu Bu friends lately for that HP boost for the recent challenge dungeons, and he always does a lot of damage thanks to his high ATK so you can't really go wrong with him. I don't think he's as reliable for pal points as Ronia though, if that's a concern.

I think those two are somewhat more future-proof compared to the others you listed. Kirin/DQXQ are nice, but they're overshadowed by LKali and whenever Hathor gets released IMO. Athena's more of a farming lead that can do some descends here and there. Durga seems outclassed by Kirin and U&Y as a lead and maybe not popular enough to find friends using her, but she has sub potential for DMeta teams. As for GZL, I actually have a +210 GZL myself and I'm not sure how I feel about it lol. He's useful as a sub for Athena and he can fill in the G/D role for color leads like Horus (while doing insane damage if you clear 4 green orbs), but I rarely try descends with him because I find the HP conditional too wonky a lot of the time. I always end up going back to Ronia, Kirin, or LMeta instead.

Thanks all for confirming my thoughts. I'm going to go with LuBu... seems a bit more versatile and I'm really not a fan of the GZL style of play, over healing or heart fall does me in every time. Plus, we still haven't seen his Ultimate Evo which can only making him better.

J0dy77

What are you guys using to s rank Princess punt? Right now I'm thinking Anubis/Yomi, but that relies on a lot of luck to hit the required average combo score.

I cleared it with Double Horus and a bunch of level one fodder in the middle. You get time on the boss since his first attack is the shield. The rest of the levels are simple.

Hige

I haven't tried Princess Punt yet, but unless the cutoff score for S rank is hard to reach (like Batman collab), I've almost never had trouble with Anubis/Yomi. It takes practice, but most boards let you hit at least 7 combos and you'll get faster at learning how to arrange the board. What's great about them is even if you don't hit 8+ combos it doesn't throw off your average combo score that much, plus if there's at least 3 hearts on the board it's easy to recover your HP because of how much the high combos boost your recovery.

I remember dungeons used to take me upwards of 30 minutes to plan out combos, but now I can do them in about 10-15. I count how many sets of 3 orbs there are in order (RBGLDH is what I use) and pinpoint where I need to separate certain orb clusters. Like if there's 9 orbs of one color, I'll set up two sets of three diagonally from each other in the bottom two or top two rows, or I'll make sure one set is tucked away in the very bottom or top row and separate the other two in columns on the sides.

I have a max level D/D Yomi if you ever need me to put her up.

I haven't tried Princess Punt yet, but unless the cutoff score for S rank is hard to reach (like Batman collab), I've almost never had trouble with Anubis/Yomi. It takes practice, but most boards let you hit at least 7 combos and you'll get faster at learning how to arrange the board. What's great about them is even if you don't hit 8+ combos it doesn't throw off your average combo score that much, plus if there's at least 3 hearts on the board it's easy to recover your HP because of how much the high combos boost your recovery.

I remember dungeons used to take me upwards of 30 minutes to plan out combos, but now I can do them in about 10-15. I count how many sets of 3 orbs there are in order (RBGLDH is what I use) and pinpoint where I need to separate certain orb clusters. Like if there's 9 orbs of one color, I'll set up two sets of three diagonally from each other in the bottom two or top two rows, or I'll make sure one set is tucked away in the very bottom or top row and separate the other two in columns on the sides.

I have a max level D/D Yomi if you ever need me to put her up.
Could you put her up now? I think I'll give it a try.

How good is the feed exp / stamina of King Carnival versus that of super kings? Need a buttload of colored exp and the super king schedule appears to be conspiring exactly against what I need.

linsivvi

How good is the feed exp / stamina of King Carnival versus that of super kings? Need a buttload of colored exp and the super king schedule appears to be conspiring exactly against what I need.

The worst case scenario for King Carnival is 4 gold/metal kings which is a total of 300K xp.

To get that much xp for Super Kings, you will need to average 3 highs, 1 king and 1 super (22500x3 + 82500 + 150000), which is unlikely and you get even less xp for gold/metal.

I'm missing Hanzo and Dark valk for my dmeta team so here is what i have so far.

Dmeta
DD haku
DD haku
DW Vamp

for the last slot I'm thinking either

Moonbeam Fang Witch, Lilith
Underworld Guard Dog, Cerberus
Ronia

Lilith obviously has poison and damage boosts to devils. Cerberus enhances dark orbs aad ronia is ronia.

They all have a dark row enhancement and Lilith has extend time where Cerberus has an extra skill boost.

Obviously is different situations you switch around but who should I make my main of those three.

I'm missing Hanzo and Dark valk for my dmeta team so here is what i have so far.

Dmeta
DD haku
DD haku
DW Vamp

for the last slot I'm thinking either

Moonbeam Fang Witch, Lilith
Underworld Guard Dog, Cerberus
Ronia

Lilith obviously has poison and damage boosts to devils. Cerberus enhances dark orbs aad ronia is ronia.

They all have a dark row enhancement and Lilith has extend time where Cerberus has an extra skill boost.

Obviously is different situations you switch around but who should I make my main of those three.
Out of those 3, Ronia. Cerberus' active is redundant when you have two Dmeta leads. You'll probably get more mileage out of Ronia's skill boosts and full board change than Lilith's small devil boost.

Out of those 3, Ronia. Cerberus' active is redundant when you have two Dmeta leads. You'll probably get more mileage out of Ronia's skill boosts and full board change than Lilith's small devil boost.

You're right. Didn't even think of Dmeta's skills.

Damn gotta get my cost up. Dmetta two dd haku and ronia all in their ults is a pricey team.

J0dy77

Without Hanzo or Chaos Devil Dragon, Haku's skill may only give you 1 dark row which limits your damage.

I want hanzo so bad. Anyone else think the ninjas should be farmable? Or give us a one round one time run dungeon like they did with the fruit dragons.

Does the ninja carnival at least have better rates than trying to pull him from a godfest?
Well, he's not boosted at all in godfests and dark carnival is only a 1.5x or 2x boost. So if a ninja carnival is 3x, it would be better but it's still lousy and your chances of trash is much higher.

During the last wizard/ninja carnival at 3x rates, I got 4 trash rolls before lucking into a Sasuke. 25 stones was worth such an important GZL sub but I could've easily walked away with nothing to show for it.

Well, he's not boosted at all in godfests and dark carnival is only a 1.5x or 2x boost. So if a ninja carnival is 3x, it would be better but it's still lousy and your chances of trash is much higher.

During the last wizard/ninja carnival at 3x rates, I got 4 trash rolls before lucking into a Sasuke. 25 stones was worth such an important GZL sub but I could've easily walked away with nothing to show for it.

Yep. Pulling for individual team pieces really is a pain. I've never completed an ideal team yet. Ronia is mission Lu Bu, Shiva, and FA Luci and my new Dmeta team is missing Hanzo and a D Valk.

Yep. Pulling for individual team pieces really is a pain. I've never completed an ideal team yet. Ronia is mission Lu Bu, Shiva, and FA Luci and my new Dmeta team is missing Hanzo and a D Valk.
To be fair, I was actually trying to get the wizards, especially Chester. Sasuke was just a lovely consolation prize. :lol

Same thing for the Players Choice Carnival a month or so back. I was trying to get FA Luci and ended up with Marine Rider and Hanzo instead. I was looking for FA Luci again during this past godfest and struck out again on that front (with Genbu and Avalon Drake as consolation prizes).

I never get what I'm looking for. Dmeta/Blonia fell into my lap when I was yolo rolling for Kushi/Izanagi/UmiYama during JPN2 godfest. (didn't get any of those during Player's Choice either)

To be fair, I was actually trying to get the wizards, especially Chester. Sasuke was just a lovely consolation prize. :lol

Same thing for the Players Choice Carnival a month or so back. I was trying to get FA Luci and ended up with Marine Rider and Hanzo instead. I was looking for FA Luci again during this past godfest and struck out again on that front (with Genbu and Avalon Drake as consolation prizes).

I never get what I'm looking for. Dmeta/Blonia fell into my lap when I was yolo rolling for Kushi/Izanagi/UmiYama during JPN2 godfest. (didn't get any of those during Player's Choice either)

haha I was pulling for a Pandora, Lu Bu, Shiva this past godfest when Dmeta, Umi & Yami , Amaterasu and two L Kalis fell on my lap. After looking into her I'm pretty damn happy I got her now and she will probably be my main when I have a strong enough team for her but getting awesome gods you have no interest in using leave you kinda of happy sad.

haha I was pulling for a Pandora, Lu Bu, Shiva this past godfest when Dmeta, Umi & Yami , Amaterasu and two L Kalis fell on my lap. After looking into her I'm pretty damn happy I got her now and she will probably be my main when I have a strong enough team for her but getting awesome gods you have no interest in using leave you kinda of happy sad.
Happy sad is exactly how I felt when GZL appeared this past godfest. I'm looking forward to using him though. I haven't played this style of team since Goemon was my go to farming team for KotG on old account.

By the way, is it worth running T3 normals for demon masks?

ZeroAKA

I was starting to get worried about my orb matching skills after playing with Ronia and Valk for so long, but I just made it to floor 50 of Endless Corridor with my new minimal-effort farmable Kirin team. Died to Zeus though. Maybe I'll beat it with Kirin next time.

Can I still play Endless Corridor after I beat it, or does True Endless Corridor replace it?

Fuck, bastets active is shittier than before. I can't pair her fucking spread cats with any other damage multiplier. It fucking sucks because I would've finally zero stoned the trifruits dungeon three minutes ago. It's really a shitty active now. I thought maybe if I used it after I used my king baddie, she'd let me spread cat but with his DMG multiplier. Nope, she's a real shit show now with that active, otherwise she's a great leader. Fucking gungho.

I was starting to get worried about my orb matching skills after playing with Ronia and Valk for so long, but I just made it to floor 50 of Endless Corridor with my new minimal-effort farmable Kirin team. Died to Zeus though. Maybe I'll beat it with Kirin next time.

Can I still play Endless Corridor after I beat it, or does True Endless Corridor replace it?
Can play it as much as you'd like.

linsivvi

Got another light skill up from coin dungeon. Really made my day.

Fuck, bastets active is shittier than before. I can't pair her fucking spread cats with any other damage multiplier. It fucking sucks because I would've finally zero stoned the trifruits dungeon three minutes ago. It's really a shitty active now. I thought maybe if I used it after I used my king baddie, she'd let me spread cat but with his DMG multiplier. Nope, she's a real shit show now with that active, otherwise she's a great leader. Fucking gungho.

Can't you just use bastet before king baddie?

Guess Gungho does have to throw the IAPers a bone. 5 min stamina benefits players relying on natural stamina more than players who stone for stamina refreshes. This is just the flipside to that.

Top Bottom