• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

FisSmsc.jpg

It's a little luck based. Just have to hope CDD is on a 2 turn cool down. But you can also pair with a lu bu and one hit from CDD is survivable. Pop jester and duke and baddie on Zeus, reach 8 combos and watch Zeus die.

Hige

Voting for the next survey dungeon is currently underway. Using my super scientific methods AKA twitter search and timestamps, I predict Cyclops (Apollo) and Red Fairy (Yamato) will win. Green Fairy (Perseus) and Black Pirate (Okuninushi) seem to be the closest runners-up from what I can tell; Green Fairy is actually pretty close to Red Fairy, but Black Pirate doesn't seem like it can overtake Cyclops.

hermit7

Rolled a few times in the silver rem. Decent pulls overall including a second hanzo. I saw that the best end game team for Pandora was 2x Haku and 2 hanzo.

My question, would it be useful to evo the second Haku to d/d or d/f. Have the mats for dd so that is obviously the way I am leaning and the extra rows make sense.

Hige

Rolled a few times in the silver rem. Decent pulls overall including a second hanzo. I saw that the best end game team for Pandora was 2x Haku and 2 hanzo.

My question, would it be useful to evo the second Haku to d/d or d/f. Have the mats for dd so that is obviously the way I am leaning and the extra rows make sense.
D/D is the way to go unless you're going to use Haku as a leader. D/F could be nice for no-dupes dungeons though.

raiot

oh god, I need a yellow, dark and red orb for Amaterasu and Kagetsuchi. This will be annoying :(

I managed to max skill my Krishna with 10/30 feeds! Now I only need Krishna friends...

Meimei invaded on my first try! That's always a great feeling. I accidentally wiped the masks though, so I may have to spend a stone on it.

Edit: I ended up spending 3 :/. I'll count it as a win. Who knows how many tries it would have taken to get another invade.

Quantum

I am working towards that team (long term plan as it shines only when everyone is max skilled)

that being said d/d haku is the way to go - I use two d/d haku on my KotG farm team and both the dual row enhance and the TPA are invaluable.

Part of the reason that end game team works so well is the additional awakenings on d/d haku and the tpa.

J0dy77

Havent run Valk dungeon in ages, figured I'd go for the green spirit today and see how much the game has changed for me. The first time I cleared Mythical I vowed to never go back there, now it's a faceroll dungeon for Lu Bu/Ronia. Oh, how times have changed.

I'm still getting trolled hard on these spirit jewels, I haven't seen one in weeks and I've been focused on running every dungeon I can to get them.

linsivvi

Thanks for posting this I have those subs, just have to somehow get a devilit.

Side note do you guys think I can kill Valkyrie in one shot on mythical with this team? using hyper maxed ronia friend.

Tried and died at golem, didn't know he can hit for 20k :(

Yes if you can pull off something like 8 combo with at least 4 sets of 3 dark orbs (and assuming you have a +297 ronia friend), but you'll need to be able to survive the previous floors and charge king baddie.

SaintR

Been a while since I've posted or had time to lurk the thread but wanted to say glad to see most of you are still here. Just wanted to add you guys are great and probably the reason most of us continue playing if not only to share our troll stories lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
10 Wednesday dungeons runs today and not one Mystic Mask drop, I think the game is trying to tell me something. Not to mention that receiving the needed Ancient Mask relies on the ridiculous low chance of getting it from the the Pal machine.

Think I need a break....

jay23

Finally got Valkyrie :D

Yes if you can pull off something like 8 combo with at least 4 sets of 3 dark orbs (and assuming you have a +297 ronia friend), but you'll need to be able to survive the previous floors and charge king baddie.

I don't trust my combo skills enough to pull off 8, even with ronia skill active. I chickened out and completed it on legend, got that lucky drop.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Meimei invaded on my first try! That's always a great feeling. I accidentally wiped the masks though, so I may have to spend a stone on it.

Edit: I ended up spending 3 :/. I'll count it as a win. Who knows how many tries it would have taken to get another invade.

Yeah...same here. First try and Meimei invaded on the first floor while taking the morning dump earlier today, dat feel.

Finally got Valkyrie :D

I don't trust my combo skills enough to pull off 8, even with ronia skill active. I chickened out and completed it on legend, got that lucky drop.

Congrats

So I came up with a whaley Super Kings farming team that might be even faster than ogres:
Awoken Kagu+99/Tengu/Tengu/UFO/UFO/Awoken Kagu+99

With +99 ATK, the combined ATK will break defense on both Highs and Kings. The two UFOs are for Super King and Super King invade; with max SL and the 8 total skill boosts they'll be up and running on turn 1.

razterik

Starry View got me 58 plus eggs in 30 runs. Very nice.

On the other hand, Genbu took 28 more feeds to max skill, so 3/73 this week. And Genbu #2 is at 0/15 already. Damn turtle girls.

I still dont have a team for Thursday Mythical. I really just need a fire leader. My poor Dino Rider, Chiyome (max skilled) and Kagutsuchi are hanging around in my box with nothing to do.

Hige

So I came up with a whaley Super Kings farming team that might be even faster than ogres:
Awoken Kagu+99/Tengu/Tengu/UFO/UFO/Awoken Kagu+99

With +99 ATK, the combined ATK will break defense on both Highs and Kings. The two UFOs are for Super King and Super King invade; with max SL and the 8 total skill boosts they'll be up and running on turn 1.
The only problem is finding Kagu friends to use. When I use ogres I just run through my Ronia list for easy access to skill boosts. I have one ogre of each element max skilled so that I can't die from a floor 1 invade.

Starry View got me 58 plus eggs in 30 runs. Very nice.
So that's where all my luck went. *shakes fist*

The average drop rate seems to be about 1.5 eggs per run from what I've seen, but I never get that many. I got 31 eggs in 23 runs today. :(

If you have the orb changers, just LuBu/Ronia it.
My only devil orb change options are the farmable ones. Not sure that will cut it.

I'm not really in any rush to beat it tough. I mostly just wish I had a reason to evolve Kagutsuchi. My best hope right now is that one of Cao Cao's ults includes dragons in its leader skill.

zoku88

10 Wednesday dungeons runs today and not one Mystic Mask drop, I think the game is trying to tell me something. Not to mention that receiving the needed Ancient Mask relies on the ridiculous low chance of getting it from the the Pal machine.

Think I need a break....

Have you gotten to Ocean of Heaven yet? I pretty much run that on the weekend repeatedly to get mystic masks (well, plus eggs, really. But you'll eventually get some masks too.)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Have you gotten to Ocean of Heaven yet? I pretty much run that on the weekend repeatedly to get mystic masks (well, plus eggs, really. But you'll eventually get some masks too.)

Thanks, havent gotten there yet but it will be my next destination if you can get Mythic Masks there. Also saw that you fight some of the Orb changer Knights in there - should be good.

Jonsoncao

Banned
My only devil orb change options are the farmable ones. Not sure that will cut it.

I'm not really in any rush to beat it tough. I mostly just wish I had a reason to evolve Kagutsuchi. My best hope right now is that one of Cao Cao's ults includes dragons in its leader skill.

A moderately REM dependent team for Thursday can be
Lu Bu + Ronia + Ogre + D/W Duke + Echidna + friend Ronia

Duke and Echidna have to be max skilled. Lu Bu, Ronia, Ogre, frd Ronia have to be max awoken'd.

J0dy77

Christmas Gacha time (it's a worldwide event apparently, not just JP)

now that guy can finally run his all-Haku gimmick team and get the L.Skill bonus

What are these things and how to I get them? I cant read the skills. Im hoping this is a present type situation where we get to pick one. That Haku looks glorious for my Lu Bu team.

They all have identical actives and functionally identical leader skills as their regular counterparts, so if you have a high chance of pulling a mini god it could potentially be a really good REM.

Rekwest

I just started to use a Vanilla Ronia team,it take me to level 47 of the EC.
Ronia level 56 full awoken
DL Vampire max level full awoken max skil
King Baddie max level full awoken
Awoken Hera max level full awoken
War Deity Dark Minerva max level full awoken

What is the best Ronia team i can build?

I got:
Gembu
Bao Jocker
High Dark Ninja
Beast Rider Merlin
Cerberus
Masterion
Helldark Blood Demon
Hellfire Pyro Demon
Chaos Devil Dragon
Drawn Joker
Arcane Monarch, Vampire Duke
Ogres(all of them)
Immortal Dragon Cursed Wyrm
Lightning Archdemon Baal
Harley Quinn
Dragon Zombie
Poison Ivy
Shiva

Quantum

I'm really fucking pissed at Thursday dungeon right now. Fuck!

you have no idea.

so much added pressure with the skills changing, I wanted to max skill my blonia.

I ran a few times today - even threw a stone at it. I failed a couple of times because of overkill damage on tama, and the drops that I completed left me only 1 blue fruit. (I think I have like 15+ red now waiting for a ronia lol)

was very unhappy.

figured wtf and rolled the dice with the 2x - and at least I got another skill up!

(still 3 more to go o.0)

smbu2000

Finished off my first 297 character on my iPad. (secondary account) Now I just need to clear the Thursday dungeon to get the materials to ult. and when they change back level up her active skill.

Now I can go back to working on my LMeta. (only at 70ish at the moment)

Definitely liking that tamadora guerrilla dungeon. I went through 6 times the other day (used 1 stone) and picked up 4 chibis, 17 baby tamadoras and 3 tamadoras. I've been evolving a lot of characters lately, so I need a lot of tamadoras. Will try to evolve these since I didn't have much luck with the babies last time (1/6)

Are the three characters the only ones who will show up in the Christmas gacha? If so then you have a pretty good chance of getting the ones you want. My main account has Lucifer, Haku, and two Yomis and my secondary account has Lucifer and Haku, so I think I'll pass on this one. I'd like to have Yomi on my secondary account, but mini Yomi doesn't have the same awakenings as the real Yomi, which is why I'd want Yomi... (I wonder why they gave them to Lucifer?)

Quantum

Trifruits are going back to being Sonia skillups at the end of the month in Japan, so you don't need to worry TOO much about maxing then out.

True, but as I approach +297 it would be nice to have a hypermax before I start on my next.

think I might invest in my Lmeta, although I really want to start putting together a Lkali team - fortunately one can always work as a sub on the other.

I ran a few times today - even threw a stone at it. I failed a couple of times because of overkill damage on tama, and the drops that I completed left me only 1 blue fruit. (I think I have like 15+ red now waiting for a ronia lol)
This is why I'm not going to seriously farm Trifruits until I get a Sonia of a different color. I don't need to spend 120 stamina per blue fruit on average just so I can go 0/5 on skillups.

Jagernaut

This is why I'm not going to seriously farm Trifruits until I get a Sonia of a different color. I don't need to spend 120 stamina per blue fruit on average just so I can go 0/5 on skillups.

I have 4 Red Sonias, no Blue or Green. It took me a few months to max skill one Sonia without stoning for stamina. I just ran it with normal stamina every Thursday until I maxed out.

Kreed

I just started to use a Vanilla Ronia team,it take me to level 47 of the EC.
Ronia level 56 full awoken
DL Vampire max level full awoken max skil
King Baddie max level full awoken
Awoken Hera max level full awoken
War Deity Dark Minerva max level full awoken

What is the best Ronia team i can build?

I got:
Gembu
Bao Jocker
High Dark Ninja
Beast Rider Merlin
Cerberus
Masterion
Helldark Blood Demon
Hellfire Pyro Demon
Chaos Devil Dragon
Drawn Joker
Arcane Monarch, Vampire Duke
Ogres(all of them)
Immortal Dragon Cursed Wyrm
Lightning Archdemon Baal
Harley Quinn
Dragon Zombie
Poison Ivy
Shiva

You really need to get your hands on Hera-Ur and swap her in for Minerva. Enhanced Fire and Dark Orbs are key to clearing a lot of content. In the mean time however Dragon Zombie and Cerberus are good substitutes because of dark orb enhance, and Drawn Joker is useful for when you don't have enough hearts on the board. You may also want a second King Baddie for some content.

Top Bottom