• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

*Happy Android-iversary!!!*
[Duration]: 12/8 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 12/16 (Tue), 11:59 PM (PST)
It’s been two years since we launched on the Android, and the good times have really flown by... Luckily, we’re just getting started, and we’re kicking off year number 3 with a fantastic event chock-full of great new content!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
12/8 - 12/16 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② The Return of the Mysterious Visitors
The Puzzdroid is BACK! Make sure you snag one while you can.
12/8 - 12/16 - Mysterious Visitors (Can only run once!)
Check out his sweet new Awoken Skills here: http://on.fb.me/1ygGSAS
For the Ultimate Fusion recipe, check here: http://on.fb.me/1yRYEZV

■③ A Daunting New Challenge and 5x +Eggs for Old Favorites!
Brimming with power untold, the Legendary Hills have been spotted just o'er the horizon! Are you ready to challenge the majestic beasts who dwell there? Legendary Hills will become permanently available after clearing Legendary Mountain Path. Click here for more details: http://on.fb.me/12tfSQG
To celebrate this new Dungeon, we will have 5x chance for +Eggs to appear in the Technical Dungeons.
*This bonus does not apply to the new Legendary Hills Dungeon

■④ Helpful Multi-Day Dungeons!
12/8 - 12/10 - Sword of Flames
12/11 - 12/13 - Dragon in Motley
...and a mysterious new challenge?!
12/13 - 12/14 - ??????????

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 12/8 to 12/16!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
12/8 - Beelzebub Descended!
12/8 - The Thief Descended!
12/9 - Heracles Descended!
12/10 - The Goddess Descended!
12/11 - Hera-Is Descended!
12/12 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
12/13 - Hera-Ur Descended!
12/14 - Kanetsugu!
12/15 - Satan Descended!
12/15 - Dragon Zombie
12/16 - Izanami Descended!

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses

Pal Egg Event:
12/8 - 12/16 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
*The newest Technical Dungeon, Legendary Hills, will be introduced with standard rates.

2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons

Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate

Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

J0dy77

I've been doing the same! Really love the influx of xp that comes with that.

Incidentally, I have three light mobs I want to boost but I'm not sure who I should focus on first:
Amaterasu, Thor or Dragon Rider Arthur.

Leaning towards Dragon Rider as a possible Verche replacement for my Kirin team. Any thoughts?

Depends on the team you're working on. I've been working on Thor for my Athena team. Great sub.

Shit, gonna run weekend dungeon a lot. Get your cat women ready, folks!

Ganesha 4 life!!

Quantum

Ganesha 4 life!!

Are there any solid builds out there for genesha and legend - having read PADx there aren't too many discussions on it - just the ares x ganesha build.

I was crushed with ganesha and kush, although I made it pretty far - just way too dependent on skyfall for farming - and while there is no bonus multiplier to the coin dungeon failure stings.

edit: final KotG team:

Lu Bu, CDD, d/d Haku, d/d Haku, Baddie, Ronia.

floor 8 - can tank a hit then haku - 2 tpa or 1 row = dead timat
floor 9 - lu bu + ronia = 1 row is enough, or 2 tpa.
floor 10 - haku +/- CDD + baddie = 11+ million damage on Zeus

only 1 fail in about 12 runs due to orb management before floor 8 - very dependent on dark orbs/red orbs

with full investment in team I don't think it can be trolled.

This is my Weekend dungeon team.

FUCOpUu.jpg

I originally had triple max-skilled Echidnas in it for infinite delay/Kushi loop. It was virtually invincible once your skills were charged, but it was defensive overkill and didn't have good survivability pre-charge. So I replaced an Echidna with Grodin for his stats and skill boosts to make it easier to survive
until charged. Once charged, it really isn't any less safe than triple Echidna version.

Quantum

This is my Weekend dungeon team.

I hadn't thought to use multiple delays with kush. will definitely try.

*Gentlemen’s Event at the Silver Dragon Egg Machine*
[Duration]: 12/8 12:00 AM - 12/14, 11:59 PM (PST)

A true gentleman always arrives just exactly when he is needed.

Available at 3x rates (based on normal Rare Egg Machine rates), these 30 gentlemen are ready to serve you in a variety of teams.

We’re also introducing two brand new 5★ Wizard characters!

*Only the following Monsters have a chance to appear in this Egg Machine, and they are guaranteed to appear at level 15 or higher. There is also a rare chance they can appear as a +Egg.

5★
1704 Drifting Wizard, Wee Jas (NEW)
1706 Red Sky Wizard, Chester (NEW)

124 Neptune
569 Hermes
620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer
807 Okuninushi

353 Shaitan, the Flame Elemental
361 Thanatos, the Dark Elemental
378 Dino Rider
382 Marine Rider
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
561 Fuma Kotaro
563 Hattori Hanzo
1121 Blazing Hammer Brute, Prometheus
1503 Fire Dragon Knight
1507 Shining Dragon Knight
1620 Light Wizard, Rei Sirius
1622 Dark Wizard, Dill Sirius
1624 Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas
1626 Jester Wizard, Chester

4★
352 Shaitan
360 Thanatos
1120 Berserker Z
1502 Fire Dragon Swordsman
1506 Shining Dragon Swordsman

jay23

Is it too early to start thinking about ultimate evolutions for 3 kingdoms series?

I just started playing this year so I don't know how long they usually take.

yami4ct

Goes to do a super gold run -> hits regular gold instead and doesn't notice. How many times do I need to do this before I learn, haha.

colinp

Banned
Here's my weekend dungeon team:

gRml2eY.jpg

Friend is either uvo Kushi or Bastet.

I sometimes get knocked out when I do a shitty job matching (usually because I'm too tired), but when I'm awake I've had good success.

Hera is there for stats mostly. Helps me survive those shitty matches. ;)

jiggle

Ooh guan yu skill up tmw

Question
For rare spawn like oneton and Phoenix invade
Does it matter which difficulty I farm them in?

razterik

Ooh guan yu skill up tmw

Question
For rare spawn like oneton and Phoenix invade
Does it matter which difficulty I farm them in?

Difficulty does matter in both cases.

Invades appear more often, at about 5% on Legend and decreasing from there. Not sure if the addition of Mythical level increases the odds or if it becomes the new 5% and pushes Legend lower.

Rare spawns are quite uncommon below Master level unless they have a set floor. The higher up you go, the more often they occur. In my experience farming Dark Insect on Mythical in JP, they show up about twice per run.

jiggle

Difficulty does matter in both cases.

Invades appear more often, at about 5% on Legend and decreasing from there. Not sure if the addition of Mythical level increases the odds or if it becomes the new 5% and pushes Legend lower.

Rare spawns are quite uncommon below Master level unless they have a set floor. The higher up you go, the more often they occur. In my experience farming Dark Insect on Mythical in JP, they show up about twice per run.
Good to know. Thanks!

J0dy77

I hadn't thought to use multiple delays with kush. will definitely try.

*Gentlemen’s Event at the Silver Dragon Egg Machine*
[Duration]: 12/8 12:00 AM - 12/14, 11:59 PM (PST)

A true gentleman always arrives just exactly when he is needed.

Available at 3x rates (based on normal Rare Egg Machine rates), these 30 gentlemen are ready to serve you in a variety of teams.

We’re also introducing two brand new 5★ Wizard characters!

*Only the following Monsters have a chance to appear in this Egg Machine, and they are guaranteed to appear at level 15 or higher. There is also a rare chance they can appear as a +Egg.

5★
1704 Drifting Wizard, Wee Jas (NEW)
1706 Red Sky Wizard, Chester (NEW)

124 Neptune
569 Hermes
620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer
807 Okuninushi

353 Shaitan, the Flame Elemental
361 Thanatos, the Dark Elemental
378 Dino Rider
382 Marine Rider
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
561 Fuma Kotaro
563 Hattori Hanzo
1121 Blazing Hammer Brute, Prometheus
1503 Fire Dragon Knight
1507 Shining Dragon Knight
1620 Light Wizard, Rei Sirius
1622 Dark Wizard, Dill Sirius
1624 Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas
1626 Jester Wizard, Chester

4★
352 Shaitan
360 Thanatos
1120 Berserker Z
1502 Fire Dragon Swordsman
1506 Shining Dragon Swordsman

I want the ninjas so bad or a marine rider. Must resist temptation.

Quantum

I want the ninjas so bad or a marine rider. Must resist temptation.

I get that people want one or two of the drops but this ultimately feels like a total troll fest.

when I read the announcement I was actually thinking if its the silver dragon machine and not the gold dragon machine does it cost 1 or 2 stones less?

as much as I really like this game and as much as both I play and am addicted to it, I see me gravitating to other games due to the lack of both skill ups, awakenings and experience for multiple teams.

I can throw 60 bucks at the game and really have accomplished nothing.

for as much as I've spent on this game I really have nothing at all to show for it - with most games its the same - I'll buy almost every release on every platform including xbox one, ps4 and pc. a lot of them I'll only play for a few hours - some I play the absolute hell out of. (I get it I'm the rube)

for example - I realize the shadow of mordor gets a lot of shit for lifting its combat system from batman, but I'll be the first to say it has a progression that I really love - I started without a ton of moves and now, near the end of the game I feel like an absolute badass. I have no regrets and would throw the creators another 60 bucks if I could continue to have that feeling of progression.

I get none of the same feeling from this game.

well, after making the team I though would clear most content I decided to make a second team - then a third - then expand into hybrid teams. The problem?

its not my game, I rent it per hour from a company that dolls out my entertainment for dollars per play - I get no benefit for trying things out, the satisfaction I get from trying new teams always comes at a cost - you want to try a blonia kirin hybrid team? pay xx.xx s that it can at least tank the hit from xxxx so you can activate the special.

certainly I understand that my viewpoint will not be shared and the game is totally viable from a non-iap standpoint, but hell if you become addicted and actually want to start running multiple teams.

TL;DR: a long sunday morning rant, I think the silver REM is a trollfest.

Quantum

Indeed. According to this Jap whale on twitter (who usually roll couple hundreds times during Godfest just to estimate the probability): https://twitter.com/oronain1919/status/529843104820367360

1 Chester out of 91 rolls...

I guess it comes down to the point - if you are a heavy IAP'r whats the point for doing something like that - again the images of the southpark episode come to mind.

I get it - I spend a lot on games and you are taking advantage of me - you found my 'weakness' - I like the game and want to incorporate new mobs into my teams and try to play in different ways.

The psychology behind the game is absolutely brilliant. 98% of people play for free, but the target is always the people that will pay thousands to have the new shiny and play with it.

half of my mind is like 'fuck that shit' the other half? - 'oh shiny....'

Jonsoncao

Banned
I guess it comes down to the point - if you are a heavy IAP'r whats the point for doing something like that - again the images of the southpark episode come to mind.

I get it - I spend a lot on games and you are taking advantage of me - you found my 'weakness' - I like the game and want to incorporate new mobs into my teams and try to play in different ways.

The psychology behind the game is absolutely brilliant. 98% of people play for free, but the target is always the people that will pay thousands to have the new shiny and play with it.

half of my mind is like 'fuck that shit' the other half? - 'oh shiny....'

Yeah. Dat Chester for devil teams...

its not my game, I rent it per hour from a company that dolls out my entertainment for dollars per play - I get no benefit for trying things out, the satisfaction I get from trying new teams always comes at a cost - you want to try a blonia kirin hybrid team? pay xx.xx s that it can at least tank the hit from xxxx so you can activate the special.
Exactly why I don't IAP. Game could shut down tomorrow and I would be unhappy about the wasted time but at least I wouldn't have sunk money into a game I may never be able to play again. For the most part, IAPing just allows you to experience the content more quickly and I don't need to burn out my interest in short order either.

so much love for chester, but seems so situational.
It basically gives you a way to combat all the annoying aspects of new dungeons. Jammers, poison, and skill bind.

They are the only things I want besides FA Luci but I'm really low on stones, so I think I have to pass. Gotta save up my supply for Egyptian 2.

Althane

I've probably run the Princess dungeon over 30 times and haven't seen any invades. Heck, I didn't know there WAS an invade until I looked at the padwiki page just a few minute sago?

What's the invade rate? Ridiculously tiny?

Ugh, I already have too much stuff to do in PAD in the next few weeks and now they throw Krishna skillups at me. Gotta prioritize which team needs more work...

I've probably run the Princess dungeon over 30 times and haven't seen any invades. Heck, I didn't know there WAS an invade until I looked at the padwiki page just a few minute sago?

I've gotten the invade twice while grinding Expert for skillups (20ish runs?). It's not very useful so don't worry too much about it unless you want it for collection purposes.

Althane

Ugh, I already have too much stuff to do in PAD in the next few weeks and now they throw Krishna skillups at me. Gotta prioritize which team needs more work...

I've gotten the invade twice while grinding Expert for skillups (20ish runs?). It's not very useful so don't worry too much about it unless you want it for collection purposes.

It looks awesome, so yup. Collection purposes. :D

ZeroAKA

You mean Princess Punt? I did each difficulty once for the stones and got two of them. I even sold one because she dropped max skilled. >.<

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The Good:
My two first Ult-Evoed with Yomi and Echidna. Feels good, even though the rising costs are still a pain.

Thanks god that it didnt took me that long to realize that using Kushinadahime as a leader on the Weekend Dungeon isnt the worst idea. So i could rank up and make some money, nice. Guess the Tower of Dragon ranking up days are over for now.

The Bad:
Hope Rare Evo material comes back soon to the PAL Machine.

My Zhuge team seems stronger and kinda more fun because of the easier and higher dmg output, but i decided that i will focus on the U&Y team. U&Y was the first cool God leader i got, so i cant just abandon him. I used the Tamadras too unlock the Awakening on Zhuge though, since ill use the team from time to time.

The dmg on the U&Y team is just very low right now, taking regular stages feels like it goes on forever - i`ve been spoiled by the Zhuge multiplier and the friend leaders i have that use him. BUt the team will probably be safer when im finished, since ill be able to heal lol.

Mayor stepping stones right now are the missing mask for the Ult-Evo to the 2nd TPA Awakening.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=58545

Looking at this guide i have every units to form a Offensive TPA focused healer team. Of course not their final forms, but at least the base unit.

U&Y, U&Y, Kushinadahime, Sun Quan, Yomi and Friend U&Y.

Is this the team i should focus on building for U&Y ? Would suck to focus all resources on these guys if i cant take on some of the stronger bosses later on.

U&Y, U&Y, Kushinadahime, Sun Quan, Yomi and Friend U&Y.

Is this the team i should focus on building for U&Y ? Would suck to focus all resources on these guys if i cant take on some of the stronger bosses later on.
That team is extremely good. You should absolutely put effort into that team. I am super jealous.

As for using U&Y, once you have a hang of orb management and can consistently activate his leader skill, there isn't really any reason to use him as a day to day team. Once you have put some levela, awakenings, and skill ups into that team it is extremely descend capable (literally everything that is not grass focused), but in general I prefer a more mindless team for everything else (like your GZL team).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That team is extremely good. You should absolutely put effort into that team. I am super jealous.

As for using U&Y, once you have a hang of orb management and can consistently activate his leader skill, there isn't really any reason to use him as a day to day team. Once you have put some levela, awakenings, and skill ups into that team it is extremely descend capable (literally everything that is not grass focused), but in general I prefer a more mindless team for everything else (like your GZL team).

Thanks, thats exactly what im looking for, but for now ill stop leveling or pushing the units that are only for the Zhuge team. Its all about U&Y for now.

Will need to Evo Sun Quan and Kushina first and somehow get the 2nd mask for U&Y Ult Evo. After that ill try to max evo my 2nd U&Y it will be a long road, but at least i have a goal and own the units needed.

zoku88

The Bad:
Hope Rare Evo material comes back soon to the PAL Machine.

Tomorrow.

Also, I've been using my GZL team lately because I've been so sucky with orb management. I've been trying to tackle the last dungeon in Starlight Sancuary, but I've been sucking each time. The closest I got was getting half of his HP off with GZL.

So, I guess only my U&Y team can take him out, probably... Provided that I don't suck getting to the bosses :-/

J0dy77

How is everyone's luck with king of gods and plus eggs?

I've run it non stop this weekend and have seen 3 plus eggs. I've gotten more dubs. The experience is good but I've always had real bad luck with plus eggs. Driving me crazy.

Jagernaut

My new King of Gods farming team. Hanzo, Haku and Ronia are max skilled. If I heal out of the zone (happened today with a big combo on CDD) I just pop Durga to reduce my hp to 1. This team has 11 skill boosts and 8 dark row enhances with another ultimate DTron.

Quantum

How is everyone's luck with king of gods and plus eggs?

I've run it non stop this weekend and have seen 3 plus eggs. I've gotten more dubs. The experience is good but I've always had real bad luck with plus eggs. Driving me crazy.

terrible. this weekend I think I've seen 1 each day.

for comparison I generally see about 2-3 per day.

My new King of Gods farming team. Hanzo, Haku and Ronia are max skilled. If I heal out of the zone (happened today with a big combo on CDD) I just pop Durga to reduce my hp to 1. This team has 11 skill boosts and 8 dark row enhances with another ultimate DTron.

Fantastic team. jealous of both your Dmeta and Ronia.

mine hasn't failed other than forgetting to use an active in the past 2 days. (Lu bu, d/d haku, d/d haku, CDD, Baddie, Ronia)

Once again the Jewel of Fire is in dungeons that I don't need anything else from. My Goemon is already max-skilled and it's pointless skilling-up Beezelbub when his ultimate changes skill. I guess Awoken Minerva and Dancing Hera will still have to wait.

Hige

1/11 on Sasuke brings him to a lovely 2/18 x_x
I got really lucky and went 4/10, 4/19, and 4/6 with my Sasukes. I feel like it finally worked out in my favor after going 4/28 with Kotaro and 4/42 with Hanzo. Skill ups are ridiculous. I'm not looking forward to evolving all these green chasers. >_>

Well damn. In 26 pal pulls I pulled 3 devilits. Guess it's up to me to pound heracles for that blue orb tomorrow for the last part of me Dmeta ult.

Top Bottom