• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

7*
Saint Sakuya (You will never roll this)

6*
Saint Genie
Mini Sonia
Mini Ltron

5*
Mini Yomi
Mini Valk
Mini Lilith
Mini Luci

4*
Mini Chinese girls

5* with 4x rate
Actual Chinese girls
Laila, Sharon, Leeza
Wow, all the more reason to skip this godfest. Unless Gungtroll decides not to bring to NA...

I'm starting to regret throwing 35 stones at Players' Choice now. Might only get 3 rolls at this if it comes Christmas week.

dont say that - ten combos means that you have matched everything on the visible board if you don't take into account skyfalls.

no one can play anubis and be 100% effective.

its fun - anubis/yomix4/anubis

but still - not viable unless you throw luck in.
Haha that would be the worst weekend dungeon team ever :p
kind of the point - bleeding the whales.

I'm realizing that a very few people actually support the game, but the ones who do are the ones who seem to always be asked to do more.

make the dungeon 150 stamina if you want to put a barrier on it. 50 million coins - seriously?

oh - and last time I checked I need one for my War Valk, My Blue valk and my Red valk - so, 150 million coins? not happening.
I can't figure out their thought process on making it so expensive. Its not like the Valkyrie evos are game breaking. And if they wanted to put a restriction on how easy it is to pick one up, why didn't they just make the dungeon harder?

linsivvi

make the dungeon 150 stamina if you want to put a barrier on it. 50 million coins - seriously?

oh - and last time I checked I need one for my War Valk, My Blue valk and my Red valk - so, 150 million coins? not happening.

Actually, it's still 50 million coins. You might need to stone once or twice, but still.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Any Gaffers with Zhuge Liang as leader I can add? Wanted to try out Super Sapphire Dragons but missing the right leader xD

zoku88

Oh, astaroth max CD is being changed? That's good, she's my only fire to wood orb changer.

EDIT: I switched to mine just now , sasuke.
Except for super ruby, you can pretty much take on any of the Super dungeons with GZL. That's pretty much what I do.

cw_sasuke

Oh, astaroth max CD is being changed? That's good, she's my only fire to wood orb changer.

EDIT: I switched to mine just now , sasuke.
Except for super ruby, you can pretty much take on any of the Super dungeons with GZL. That's pretty much what I do.
Thanks zoku, you are my to go GZL guy but saw that you changed earlier. Will give it a go now.. Thanks :)

zoku88

Actually, now that GZL has the defense break, you could probably do super ruby as well, provided that you don't have a super king on the first round. Not that I've ever tried.

cw_sasuke

Thx zoku.

Ok I had the type advantage but didn't expect to steamroll the stage like this, guess that's how I'll get my exp from now for my higher level units.

Damage is kinda crazy with GZL makes me wonder how things could look if I could Ult/Evo my Marine Rider Robin for the 2x TPA Awakenings as well. Would be a mean combo.... But gotta focus on U&Y now.

zoku88

I'm jealous of your subs, man. My only two prong sub is vishnu atm. My heart converter is Liu bei, which poses the problem that it also heals you for 3K. My fire converter is astaroth, but it's 20 turns and she has a 40 cost (for the attacker version).

I am leveling a chu right now though. I should probably replace Liu bei with him but maybe not until I evolve him and get the two prong.

Hige

kind of the point - bleeding the whales.

I'm realizing that a very few people actually support the game, but the ones who do are the ones who seem to always be asked to do more.

It's a guerrilla dungeon, so it might come around once a month or so like Star Vault. You could even time a level up to run it at least twice without stoning. I don't think having a 50 mil dungeon option is that big a deal.

My GZL team is almost done, evolution wise. Right now it's Athena, Meimei, Astaroth, Marine Rider. I'm wondering if I should use Cu Chu instead of Astaroth for more consistent green orbs and for getting rid of hearts.

Hige

Definitely use Cu Chu. Astaroth is sort of niche unless she's skilled up. I think I might've seen a video of a GZL god rush or Hera rush or something with two max skilled Astaroth subs though lol.

Edit: I can't find the video but it's out there somewhere. I found this post mentioning the same video.

Edit 2: Found it!

Thanks guys I'll keep that in mind. I'm probably still gonna mess around with several teams before I go all in on one of them. I wouldn't mind a Leeza from the Christmas REM. She seems like an excellent option.

Hige

Oh yeah, don't be afraid to use U&Y as a GZL sub as well, since yours are already plus egged. I think they could fill in Marine Rider's spot pretty easily. Attacker subs aren't really that important since GZL does most of the damage, so just having wood attribute subs is usually good enough.

zoku88

Oh yeah, don't be afraid to use U&Y as a GZL sub as well, since yours are already plus egged. I think they could fill in Marine Rider's spot pretty easily. Attacker subs aren't really that important since GZL does most of the damage, so just having wood attribute subs is usually good enough.
Ah, I forgot about using U&Y. I was just afraid of him healing too much due to his high RCV

Hige

Hm, you're right, that could be an issue. Sometimes you do need to heal yourself above 80% while KOing something though. Plus you can use Cu Chu or U&Y to break hearts (and hope you don't get any heart skyfalls).

U&Y is a great idea. Paired with Marine Rider gives a 2/3 green board. Might be worth using in place of Athena as a sniper. Recovery is an issue, but not a deal breaker I guess.

Well damn. I've been hoping for a Star Vault coin dungeon, but at 30mil per hour? Eek! I have no doubt it'll be their most profitable dungeon though. Whales are just going to continuously spam that and the weekend dungeon until all their monsters are +297. Good thing they're inplementing overflow stam! =P

Zero_IYAD

I haven't been following all the news lately.
I just read some of the latest comments.. What 30 million/50 million dungeons?
Are they out of their minds?
What kind of dungeons are these anyway?!!!!

quin

I think people are over-reacting over the newest coin dungeons. Both of them are guerilla dungeons that show up almost once a week. These dungeons have no effect on us. Let the people with hundreds of millions of coins run them. Besides, making them cheaper would probably be game breaking. Everyone would be running around with max +297 teams😄

I dunno. These are my thoughts anyway.

Did anyone catch what presents we get from last night's Japanese livestream?

I think people are over-reacting over the newest coin dungeons. Both of them are guerilla dungeons that show up almost once a week. These dungeons have no effect on us. Let the people with hundreds of millions of coins run them. Besides, making them cheaper would probably be game breaking. Everyone would be running around with max +297 teams😄

I dunno. These are my thoughts anyway.

Did anyone catch what presents we get from last night's Japanese livestream?
Oh I agree with the high price on Star Vault, and probably wouldn't have blinked if it were higher. Plus eggs have a much higher affect on the game than the Extreme Fatty Dragon.

I do wonder if they'll introduce more persistence effects soon. For years +297ing a team was the longstanding "impossible" goal of the game, but with Star Vault and 5x techs even players who aren't hyperwhales are starting to hit that dream.

Narras

If you only have one monster with one Two-Pronged Attack awakening, is it better to just match 4 orbs to activate it for that one monster or to match 5 orbs so the other monsters get a stronger attack?

I'm asking since I keep wondering about it whenever I use Red Sonia's active with DD Haku on the team and the leftover orbs won't make a full row.

J0dy77

After beating my head against the wall with Hera-beorec all day I finally got the jewel in my last attempt. I haven't been trolled as badly on my prior runs in a long time. Now I just need to evolve Hera-beorec for my ultimate Ceres and the big F u to bind dungeons.

If you only have one monster with one Two-Pronged Attack awakening, is it better to just match 4 orbs to activate it for that one monster or to match 5 orbs so the other monsters get a stronger attack?

I'm asking since I keep wondering about it whenever I use Red Sonia's active with DD Haku on the team and the leftover orbs won't make a full row.
How many dark monsters are on the team and how much attack do they have compared to Byakko?

5 orbs = every dark monster gets a 1.5x multiplier

4 orbs = Byakko gets a 1.875x multiplier while the other dark monsters gets a 1.25x multiplier

For the weekend dungeon, am I better off running Legend with no Ganesha or Master with Ganesha?
The latter.

Zombine

Banned
1st pull:: My third Ronia (lol)
2nd:: Green Sonia (Woo!)
3rd:: Hathor (YES!)

I feel like I just won something. I'm one step closer to my All-Ronia team lol

Quantum

2 pulls:

- ares (dupe)
- apollo (dupe)

wasn't going to pull but the above frequency that people were pulling ronia made me.

Hige

YOLO rolled my third Dark Valk. If her ult evo was a devil type, I think a Beelzebub TPA team would be pretty fun. I don't know what to do with three of them otherwise.

J0dy77

I've been thinking about the flood of changes we've seen over the last few months and I'm kind of torn. On one hand the game feels like it is starting to get easier with leveling teams being really fast now and some cards getting almost OP. No more endless grinding of the pengdra cycle. Plus eggs coming more frequently with purchasable dungeons. Yet on the other hand I've never wanted to play the game more and constantly feel like there is too much to do and not enough stamina to do it. For the first time in almost two years im debating buying eggs, not for rolls, but stamina refills.

The old days it used to be grind ocean of heaven all weekend and farm the new two week dungeon in a day on Monday, metal dragons and pengdra the rest of the week. Now I haven't even touched the insect dragon and have a hard time deciding where to spend my stamina. Should I farm starlight, go for jewels, super metal, weekend dungeon for coins, buy a dungeon? It's a good feeling.

Well done again gung-ho! A lot of these changes were along time coming but it feels great that they're here.

Top Bottom