• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I feel like Kirin is going to get a second ultimate soon. Sometime in 2015.

I also feel like DQXQ is going to get a very underwhelming ultimate.

Rolled 3 times in the christmas REM and got Suzaku, Leeza, and Mini Haku. Looking at the pool, the only pulls I could actually use are Genbu and Mini Yomi (and I'd rather have the regular version). I was pretty excited for it at first, but these mini cards really don't look that great. The apparently crappy rates aren't helping either.

I love you for your 297 Kirin!

<3

I'm expecting an HP/RCV boost. I don't think they can go the Goku route since that would clash with her active. So I feel like they're going to follow the latest trend and have her be like a mini Hathor.

I honestly don't think she'll get an HP/RCV boost, since that treads on Hathor's toes. And even if she did get an HP/RCV boost it would probably just make her a slightly worse Hathor. A mini Hathor is what I'd consider an underwhelming Ult especially since Hathor will eventually get an Ult (even if it takes years) and Hathor isn't even a special God.

I honestly don't think she'll get an HP/RCV boost, since that treads on Hathor's toes. And even if she did get an HP/RCV boost it would probably just make her a slightly worse Hathor. A mini Hathor is what I'd consider an underwhelming Ult especially since Hathor will eventually get an Ult (even if it takes years) and Hathor isn't even a special God.
Yeah they would have to give her a bigger HP/RCV boost for just that reason I guess. Then again, Set already covers the "match 4 out of 6" version of Hathors skill. I hope the info comes out soon. I'm almost done plussing DQXQ, so an awesome ultimate would be much appreciated.

thetechkid

Apparently I rolled this morning while I was asleep..and I got my second Shiva. So I guess I can finally get myself a boxing glove shiva and have my most desired monster in the game.

1-stone clear due to orb-troll on Satan the turn before World Ends. Had to save Mastering for Beezelbub preemptive, so just hoped for a skyfall water match, but it didn't happen. My second battle random was Cerberus, but my plan if I got Fat Metal was to burst with Apollo and hope his TPA is enough to break its defense. Mephistopheles is a good place to stall with enough HP and recovery. Killed him without using any skills.

cOGa44M.jpg

I have an extremely hard time with combo leads. I struggled even with Haku until I got Ronia and made her my main. Now I have a Dmeta as well so I don't see myself using Kirin and L kali any time soon.

Ah. For some reasons the PAD gods gave me pretty much nothing but combo leads. Kirin, Kali, DQXQ, Ra. I did eventually get Light Zhuge though.

I have an extremely hard time with combo leads. I struggled even with Haku until I got Ronia and made her my main. Now I have a Dmeta as well so I don't see myself using Kirin and L kali any time soon.
You aren't getting any better with them by not using them!

I also wouldn't consider Kirin, Kali combo leads. More like color leads. To me, combo leads are your Okunis, Bastets, Anubi, etc.

razterik

Color leads aren't much different than combo leads since you are generally matching as many combos as possible, only it matters what colors you hit as well. I don't really like either style, so I can relate. Since I spent my early days playing Valk teams, I get too impatient when I have to puzzle out the board. I'd rather just match and go.

Second run of Kanetsugu today gave me a blue spirit jewel invade. And then I died from heart troll while stalling out the skill bind. I guess one stone is an okay price to finally ultimate evo Dark Tron. With so many new evolutions requiring one or more spirit jewels, they really need to introduce another acquisition method. Descend invades are too damn tedious.

Color leads aren't much different than combo leads since you are generally matching as many combos as possible, only it matters what colors you hit as well.
You can get away with not matching as many combos as possible with color leads in easier dungeons where you don't need maximum damage. Especially if you have orb/board changers to deal with the accumulation of trash orbs. Combo leads require you to hit the requisite combo number if you want a multiplier at all.

Color leads aren't much different than combo leads since you are generally matching as many combos as possible, only it matters what colors you hit as well. I don't really like either style, so I can relate. Since I spent my early days playing Valk teams, I get too impatient when I have to puzzle out the board. I'd rather just match and go.

Second run of Kanetsugu today gave me a blue spirit jewel invade. And then I died from heart troll while stalling out the skill bind. I guess one stone is an okay price to finally ultimate evo Dark Tron. With so many new evolutions requiring one or more spirit jewels, they really need to introduce another acquisition method. Descend invades are too damn tedious.

2 YOLO rolls: Thumbelina (dupe), Hanzo.

I don't have much use for Hanzo at the moment, but I won't complain.

Need this and this.

Hige

I have two Kirins two L kali and L meta all three of which will probabaly forever remain unused.
I have two max skilled Blonias I've never used. I don't have Blodin for their team, plus the hassle of filling my list with Blonia friends to end up with just a higher HP, lower ATK version of Ronia is unappealing.

I wish I could trade them for your Kalis. :(

linsivvi

I got lucky and got two blue jewels. At least Kanetsugu is pretty easy compared to most descends and more importantly, the dungeon gives respectable xp. I will probably use it as the primary dungeon to farm spirit jewels in the future.

Quantum

Can I have just one?

given up thinking about one personally.

I really believe in every person having a different 'seed' which predisposes to certain pulls.

My seed has allowed be to pull 6 or so Green Guan Yu's and 5 Light metatrons - so I have that going for me...

that being said I think the 'seed' of my RNG also brings up more random crap than most in the sense I don't have too many things that repeat and have gotten most of the mobs I've wanted so now there is actually no reason to roll in the REM if 1) I only would like one of the special gods and 2) there is no way in hell I can actually roll one of the special gods.

That being said - I think a lot of my desire to roll ronia has completely faded after rolling and leveling my Lu Bu, which works wonders for my speed farming of KotG.

I do wish that Blonia was more versatile, but we deal with the cards we are delt.

- this is the second godfest I've gotten through without buying stones despite buying discounted itunes funny money with the intention of picking some up - I think I may be a non-iap player again - while the christmas rem looks neat, I really don't see the need to roll any of the mobs if you 1) have the originals and are 2) end game.

- for new/mid players the rolls look fantastic!

Althane

I'll have a few rolls saved up for the Christmas REM. Looks like most of the stuff is pretty baller, so that works for me.

ECO Collab, I guess I can work on skill-upping my Tsukuyomi. I should also busty her at some point, I guess. I have the mats to do it, just haven't really been using her. My Ronia and Shiva teams give me most of the coverage I need.

J0dy77

I really believe in every person having a different 'seed' which predisposes to certain pulls.

My seed has allowed be to pull 6 or so Green Guan Yu's and 5 Light metatrons - so I have that going for me...

that being said I think the 'seed' of my RNG also brings up more random crap than most in the sense I don't have too many things that repeat and have gotten most of the mobs I've wanted so now there is actually no reason to roll in the REM if 1) I only would like one of the special gods and 2) there is no way in hell I can actually roll one of the special gods.

That being said - I think a lot of my desire to roll ronia has completely faded after rolling and leveling my Lu Bu, which works wonders for my speed farming of KotG.

I do wish that Blonia was more versatile, but we deal with the cards we are delt.

- this is the second godfest I've gotten through without buying stones despite buying discounted itunes funny money with the intention of picking some up - I think I may be a non-iap player again - while the christmas rem looks neat, I really don't see the need to roll any of the mobs if you 1) have the originals and are 2) end game.

- for new/mid players the rolls look fantastic!

My seed has allowed me to pull 2x GZL in the last month as my only Godfest only pulls in over 710 days played. lol

I can't complain though, I've done really well lately in the REM.

While on the topic, anyone else going to stay away from the Christmas minis? I'd love a mini Sonia but I have 8 of the main versions already. Ill stick with my chances on whatever the better godfest is.

That's kind of how most basic RNGs in programs work

ZeroAKA

My seed has allowed me to pull 2x GZL in the last month as my only Godfest only pulls in over 710 days played. lol

While on the topic, anyone else going to stay away from the Christmas minis? I'd love a mini Sonia but I have 8 of the main versions already. Ill stick with my chances on whatever the better godfest is.
I have 7 Godfest-only gods, but 4 are Ronias and 3 are Green Odins. I'd give away a Ronia and 2 Odins if I could. -_-

I decided to stay away from the Christmas REMs after seeing people get trolled by the mini Chinese gods.

smbu2000

Well I decided to try the Christmas REM once.

Main account: silver egg, mini Sakuya (meh, worse version of the Sakuya I already with worse awakenings)

Secondary: gold egg, Fire Wizard Laila (not bad, will go well with my Cao Cao Attacker Fire party)

The only thing I have from this machine is Meimei. I could make use of just about every gold egg in some team, so I'm gonna pull a couple times.

Dispatch

The seed theory certainly seems plausible to me. My REM only gods are all four of my Grodins.

I really would like a Ronia... a lot.

I know, but the last time I brought up theory - the discussion changed focus rapidly.

Because there's really not anything to discuss about it. Nobody has dissected the RNG so nobody can prove or disprove any assertion about it. What would you like to discuss exactly?

Quantum

Because there's really not anything to discuss about it. Nobody has dissected the RNG so nobody can prove or disprove any assertion about it. What would you like to discuss exactly?

was not ment to be an inflammatory remark.

Any game, process or study I pour countless hours into I like to analyze from every angle. I like this game and I like spending time thinking about it.

I would argue that there are multiple discussions about the RNG and it has been both dissected and analyzed. I'd also argue that most of the discussion on major forums has been considered and the numbers get massaged when there is an general negative sentiment.

I haven't looked at the collected data, but it seems to point to a very good ratio of REM only eggs to shit in both the PCGF and the most recent GF.

If discussed in more detail, I think the seed could also become a major issue as people are playing for more than 2 years. As the time extends the effect of a seed can be documented and could be used to quantify which accounts are actually worth playing further - which are worth actually spending money and while are worth keeping non -IAP.

you are not wrong - it is all speculation to a certain extent.

I would also recommend you look up No whammies and Larson - there is no true randomness.

Epic Drop

I just finished max skilling my new Persephone for my Durga team (cost me about 15 million gold buying Mystic Dark Dragon, two full weeks of natural stamina, and maybe 5 stones worth of stamina refreshing).

The final piece I need in my god Durga team is either a skilled B/G Lakshmi or Ult B/G Starling. I was just about to start to collect the frankly crazy number of mats in order to be able to make enough Ult B/G Starlings in order to feed max level dupes to max her skill. Right as I decided to do that, ECO collab came back - so I guess I'm going to start skilling B/G Lakshmi in the mean time. I can't decide if Lakshmi's awoken skills, amazing RCV, and healing active is better, worse, or equivalent to Ult B/G Starling's higher health and active (which helps reduce orb trolling and helps give enough orb movement time to land a great combo). Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm saving up devilits in order to try to bring D. Kali's active down to at least 9 in order to match Persephone as well.

Once I get this all squared away, i'll be able to run:

Durga / Persephone (max skill) / DD Loki / D.Kali / (Lakshmi or Starling max skilled)/ Durga

I think that's about the best possible team for her right now - If only I could find more durga friends...

Epic Drop

You think so? Piis are just so darn hard to come by, and I figured with all of the blue orbs I have sitting around and the fact that I can farm Trifruits with no problems, that gathering a few dragons and max leveling a few dupes would be easier than trying to gather those Piis...

Extra turns were due to orb trolls and taking 2 hits to kill Shabo Alma. Team had just enough HP to survive a Shabo Alma hit. Pop all skills on Tiny Alba for the OHKO. I'm so spoiled by my usual LMeta + Grodin 2500 autoheal every turn, that I was surprised to not heal after each attack. Lol

VApFjTj.jpg

You think so? Piis are just so darn hard to come by, and I figured with all of the blue orbs I have sitting around and the fact that I can farm Trifruits with no problems, that gathering a few dragons and max leveling a few dupes would be easier than trying to gather those Piis...
Hmm, now that I'm doing some napkin math, it might be more efficient to do it your way.
Assuming 50stam per material to make an ult Starling, you're looking at minimum 500 stam to make one (in reality you'll need more due to Red Dragon Fruit drops and blue jewel trolling), so 2,500 stam per skillup. Pii drop estimates are pegged at one per 4000-5000 stam.

Basically you'd be choosing whether to get trolled by pii appearances or failed skillups in the end, I think.

I am inclined to agree with you, I've gotten a lot of crap in the REM, tons of golems, titans, vampires and healer girls (especially the healer girls lately). I have also gotten incredibly lucky (as I will outline below)

My luck tends to go in streaks, but that does not mean that the godfests I've pulled the most have been my luckiest.

I have some good teams, (Kirin team: Grodin, Awoken Minerva (mainly because her active fits better than Devil shiva and Ronia), LMeta, and then either susano (if I need damage reduction), Yomi (if I need more time), Valkyrie or Unit-13.

Ronia Team (Red): Dancing Hera-Ur, Awoken Minerva, Devil Shiva, FA Luci (though probably replace him with second ronia once she is evolved)
Ronia Team (Dark): Devil Shiva, Ultimate Devil Haku, FA Luci, and either King Baddie (if burst is needed), Ultimate Hadar (mainly for Super King farming) or Second Ronia (though I have Persephone and Loki as options)

Bastet Team: Yomi and anything powerful (Common monsters are Grodin, Ronia, Lmeta, Awoken Minerva)

Coin Farming Team: Ganesha (Lead), Grodin, Awoken Minerva, Unit-13, Dancing Hera-Ur. Pairs well with either Bastet, Kushinada-hime, Robin, and other Combo-leads (anubis if feeling lucky)

So I shouldn't need to pull, but I do. I really don't want to pull anymore, it's been disappointment after disappointment lately.

Wouldn't it be much faster to just max level the Starlings? 4 million exp is at most 1000 stam from king carnival. So ~1500 stamina per skill up.

Epic Drop

Wouldn't it be much faster to just max level the Starlings? 4 million exp is at most 1000 stam from king carnival. So ~1500 stamina per skill up.

Yep, that was my plan! Now I just have to hope flower dragons come back or get put into the coin rotation, because I had just started playing when they came around for the first time (so i'm missing all of them).

I've been really lucky with blue orb drops for whatever reason (I've got ~10 of them sitting around and only 1-2 of the other colors), so this is probably going to be the route I go.

It's gonna take an absolutely huge amount of box space though trying to save enough evo mats to max skill Lakshmi (10 skill levels so at least 50+ Pepens) and to create 4 Starlings (10 monsters each - 40 total). I've been rolling in godfests using free stones (not because I necessarily need stuff, just because I think it's fun), so I've been lax on expanding my box space. I better start expanding now...

Top Bottom