• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

ZeroAKA

It sure would be nice if Gungho says something about the Christmas REM, but I guess they just want people to burn stones during Godfest so they'll have to buy more if it comes to North America. :(

Hige

It sure would be nice if Gungho says something about the Christmas REM, but I guess they just want people to burn stones during Godfest so they'll have to buy more if it comes to North America. :(
Of course it's coming. Just last month they did a wizard carnival right before DC collab/REM, and then followed up with a player's choice godfest. They won't announce the Christmas REM until after this godfest is over.

ZeroAKA

Of course it's coming. Just last month they did a wizard carnival right before DC collab/REM, and then followed up with a player's choice godfest. They won't announce the Christmas REM until after this godfest is over.
They told us about the DC Collab and Player's Choice Godfest way before they started though. Isn't the Christmas REM supposed to start on December 15? I'm hoping they confirm it before Godfest is over because these new Egyptian gods are tempting...

suko_32

Wasn't going to pull, but seeing how everyone here is getting good stuff:

Main
Artemis

Alt
-Shiva

I hate my alt. It always gets the good stuff.

Hige

They told us about the DC Collab and Player's Choice Godfest way before they started though. Isn't the Christmas REM supposed to start on December 15? I'm hoping they confirm it before Godfest is over because these new Egyptian gods are tempting...
Ok I went back and looked at the timeline of announcements.

Nov 5: DC Universe Collab announced (Nov 10-23)
Nov 6: Wizard Carnival announced (Nov 7-13)
Nov 19: Player's Choice announced, poll opens

I thought the wizard carnival happened before a DC collab date was confirmed, so I was mistaken there. However, the PC godfest wasn't announced until after the DC REM was available and people probably used stones. That's after a "player's choice carnival" had already occurred in October, so I don't think most people were expecting a PC godfest that soon.

This is all moot since I think I read the Christmas files are already in the NA version.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont really get the hype about the Christmas REM - what am i missing ? Do the Mini versions have the same skills/stats as te original ones ?

Rekwest

Dont really get the hype about the Christmas REM - what am i missing ? Do the Mini versions have the same skills/stats as te original ones ?

Nope, here's the full list. You can not roll garbage in this gacha.
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/xmas2014_gacha_list.html

Those christmas rolls are ridiculesly good.

If they don't adulterate them with other types of rolls
(Which they probably would)

They are easily the best group of rolls we've ever had.

What if they make the Christmas REM conditional, and you can only spin one time for free?

How would they make money that way

Probably overblew how good the Christmas Gacha was since the 4* eggs are probably unevolvable and have not so great stats as far as what endgame requires. Still the best gacha for any beginning player though.

Hige

Valk, Sonia, and Lilith seem like the most interesting pulls IMO. The 4 star mini Chinese gods are like better chasers, but pretty amazing for new players. I'm not even going to address Sakurisumasu.

cw_sasuke

Guys....guys
3AQmK.gif

So i played a bit and got enough Pal points for 1x pull, i said to myself before that i would gather enough points so that i can do multiple pulls at once and not be devastated if i dont get the Green Ancient Mask.

The again i thought...just screw it and go for it.

Well....

2014-12-13-19-49-48k0kru.png

and

2014-12-13-20-02-112pj81.png

Really happy right now
EWmof.gif

Still dont get it - so the Mini versions have the same skills or even better ones? Thats what i wanted to know.

Still dont get it - so the Mini versions have the same skills or even better ones? Thats what i wanted to know.
Skills are the same, awakenings are different (some better, some worse). 4* chibis have worse stats than non-chibi versions. 5* ones have the same stats, I think.

Congrats on the ult U/Y.

cw_sasuke

Same skills, same stats (at least for the 5-star minis), different awakenings.

Skills are the same, awakenings are different (some better, some worse). 4* chibis have worse stats than non-chibi versions. 5* ones have the same stats, I think.

Congrats on the ult U/Y.

Ok thanks, that sounds good if the skills and stats are comparable.

And thx on U&Y - how do you level your teams ? Maxing the first and later lvl the rest or trying to keep everyone around the same level ? With 2x TPA unlocked i feel like i should invest the exp just in U&Y and keep the rest at around 30-40 for now.

Jagernaut

Ok thanks, that sounds good if the skills and stats are comparable.

And thx on U&Y - how do you level your teams ? Maxing the first and later lvl the rest or trying to keep everyone around the same level ? With 2x TPA unlocked i feel like i should invest the exp just in U&Y and keep the rest at around 30-40 for now.

Once you get your leaders to Lv. 80 they have most of their stats so I spread the xp to other team members and come back and max them later.

cw_sasuke

Once you get your leaders to Lv. 80 they have most of their stats so I spread the xp to other team members and come back and max them later.
Thanks for the advice, guess I'll level U&Y till level 80 and then see which other units need exp the most.

zoku88

Congrates on the uevo U&Y. I just noticed it on my friends list, keke

Also. poor Valk. It's like the worse Valk. It gets no double pronged like its sisters and the xmas version gets like 3? Haha. I would totally replace that valk with my current one on my U&Y team.

Uthred

Finished off a few special dungeons to get stones for a second pull, got my third Persephone, dont even use the two I have. Oh well, at least getting gold dupes feels better than getting silver or three star eggs (which feels like saying getting slapped in th face is better than getting kicked in the balls ;) )

Althane

Maxed out my Drawn Joker, so I think I'm good on that. Not that he's even really been on any of my teams. I dunno, useful anymore?

Gonna keep hitting the Princess collab. Finally got a Princess, now just farming for Ifrit skill ups. 8 so far, out of probably 30-40 feeds, if not more. Not terrible.

jiggle

Been farming Onepot on Legend, pretty much nonstop, since fire insect dragon went up
got a total of three...
Of course no skill ups out of them
I don't know how y'all have the patience to farm these rare spawn skill ups
So frustrating

Hige

Maxed out my Drawn Joker, so I think I'm good on that. Not that he's even really been on any of my teams. I dunno, useful anymore?
I've used him occasionally on my Ronia team. There are times when you want extra security for stalling, like when you'll die unless you can heal up every turn
and still manage to die, if you're me

Gonna keep hitting the Princess collab. Finally got a Princess, now just farming for Ifrit skill ups. 8 so far, out of probably 30-40 feeds, if not more. Not terrible.
Yeah, the skillup rates on the late bloomers actually feel like 1/5. Was going to max mine out until I found out Arboreal 2x is overlapping with it tomorrow. Gotta get the last two skillups on Sasuke and as many chasers as I can hoard!

Been farming Onepot on Legend, pretty much nonstop, since fire insect dragon went up
got a total of three...
Of course no skill ups out of them
I don't know how y'all have the patience to farm these rare spawn skill ups
So frustrating
The trick is not having RGY in your box lol. I've fed away 6-7 of them and I only started doing this dungeon since Thursday on natural stamina.

hermit7

Guys....guys http://i.imgur.com/3AQmK.gif[img]

So i played a bit and got enough Pal points for 1x pull, i said to myself before that i would gather enough points so that i can do multiple pulls at once and not be devastated if i dont get the Green Ancient Mask.

The again i thought...just screw it and go for it.

Well....

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/2014-12-13-19-49-48k0kru.png[/MG]

and

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/2014-12-13-20-02-112pj81.png[IMG]

Really happy right now [img]http://i.imgur.com/EWmof.gif[img]

Still dont get it - so the Mini versions have the same skills or even better ones? Thats what i wanted to know.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to add me I run a max lvl and awoken u&y with around 80 plus eggs.

thetechkid

So I got 2 Nuts(haha), ForestBahn, and Leeza. I'm wondering if they work in Andromeda and GZL respectively because if they do then would have at least got something useful from this godfest.

Ok YOLO entered devil rush, figuring I'll die and call it a day. Who shows up but enourmous metal dragon...

Luckily my Kirin team has Minerva, so I figure I have to deal 15,000 light damage to kill it at 50% armour (and 25x the Attack).

Of course I whiff the first try, tank six turns he chomps and I stone. It's worth one more shot, and, of course, I kill it.

So now I'm sitting with a dungeon run that I HAVE to complete if I want to do an ultimate Evo on valk (or whatever).

Way to ducking many stones on beelzebub. Got through mephisto barely, got through satan literally on the last turn before he destroyed me. And then beelzebub... Used Susan-oh ultimate got me through 5 turns, and five stones, but all the rest...

smbu2000

So I pulled twice on my iPad in the JP second half of the GF hoping for a Durga for my DMeta team.
I got two silver eggs.

Shaitan - guess he's ok if I'm going for an all fire devil team

Dragon Samurai - very happy with this one. Reducing my HP was the reason I wanted Durga in the first place. I had no character like that for my iPad account. He also becomes Dragon/Attacker type when evolved to Dragon Shogun so he'll get the boost from DMeta as well. Next best thing to Durga for me. Should help me to clear the Thursday dungeon as well with my DMeta team.

Now to save the rest of my stones for the eventual Hokuto no Ken collab. Didn't pull at all on my iPhone account.

Tried out the Descended Challenge dungeons. Cleared the Satan one (Fire skill up monster) and Hera one(2 million gold and 1 stone for the first clear). I hadn't actually tried the Satan dungeon beforehand so I was happy to clear it. Took 3 (al most 2) turns on Satan with my LHorus team and 1 turn with my DMeta team.

Almost died with my DMeta team from his pre-emptive attack as I forgot to enable DMeta's 35% damage reducing skill before taking out Hades. Luckily I had just enough to survive his attack. Then it was a one shot kill with Ronia, Hanzo, DMeta and GZL's skill on an all enhanced Dark board.

yami4ct

Heard a lot of people rolling Ronia, so I decided to use the two rolls I built up. Lakshmi and gold egg Verche + egg. This is why I shouldn't YOLO roll.

Quantum

Hmmm, does the holiday stream mean we aren't getting the holiday dungeon? =

"We’ll let you guess as to which dungeon we’ll be streaming"

I'd almost bet on it being the Christmas dungeon.

Ran a few more challenges for stones - I'm really running out quickly - one additional free pull:

GGY. seriously...

Nephew played deep enough for 2 additional pulls (swears he didn't buy stones)

Gronia, Ronia.

Showed my his box - back to back - Ronia, Gronia, Ronia.

amazing.

EDIT: I did say to myself I'd buy a pack of stones if I rolled anything new or unique from this GF - saved my money this time - despite the nephew pressure.

colinp

Banned
"We’ll let you guess as to which dungeon we’ll be streaming"

I'd almost bet on it being the Christmas dungeon.

Ran a few more challenges for stones - I'm really running out quickly - one additional free pull:

GGY. seriously...

Nephew played deep enough for 2 additional pulls (swears he didn't buy stones)

Gronia, Ronia.

Showed my his box - back to back - Ronia, Gronia, Ronia.

amazing.

Heh, you're probably right!

linsivvi

1-stoned extreme devil rush with Horus/Echidna/Mastering/Valk/DL Fagan/Isis.

Having Fagan's bind immune means you get 2 free turns on the first floor. Ran into Vampire Duke on the second floor so I got another free attack with Fagan, but made a mistake so wasted 1 stone. Isis is for Mephistopheles's bind. Satan's pattern is actually shield, small attack, small attack, mega attack so you get 4 rounds instead of 3 to take him down. Mastering plus Echidna deals with Beelzebub relatively easily.

Not so bad compare to the other two extreme dungeons but this team has no way to kill Extreme King Metal Dragon.

1-stoned extreme devil rush with Horus/Echidna/Mastering/Valk/DL Fagan/Isis.

Having Fagan's bind immune means you get 2 free turns on the first floor. Ran into Vampire Duke on the second floor so I got another free attack with Fagan, but made a mistake so wasted 1 stone. Isis is for Mephistopheles's bind. Satan's pattern is actually shield, small attack, small attack, mega attack so you get 4 rounds instead of 3 to take him down. Mastering plus Echidna deals with Beelzebub relatively easily.

Not so bad compare to the other two extreme dungeons but this team has no way to kill Extreme King Metal Dragon.

I got extremely lucky with the extreme King metal dragon showing up and having a way to kill him, just got severely Orb trolled on beelzebub. Still not sure it was worth it...

cw_sasuke

Feel free to add me I run a max lvl and awoken u&y with around 80 plus eggs.

I tried but it seem that you cant receive any invitations right now.

Just add me if you clear some space: 357,739,314

linsivvi

I got extremely lucky with the extreme King metal dragon showing up and having a way to kill him, just got severely Orb trolled on beelzebub. Still not sure it was worth it...

Well just for the Tamadra right now but it's also the 2nd last floor of the new Japanese challenge dungeon (light skill up + 2000 pal points), which doesn't allow continuing. So it will be nice to be able to find a 0-stone team.

Hathor teams read like a who's who of REM pulls... :(
She has a decent farmable team, but they're all descend drops. Takeminakata for red. L Valk and Athena for green. Sowilo, Sopdet, or Thoth for dark. Echidna and uevo Golems could also work.

I don't have any of her best REM options, so I'm thinking of doing Hathor/Valk/Takeminakata/Grodin/Sowilo and swapping Takeminakata with the golem in the dungeons I can't already tank. At max level and 55 +eggs, that team will have 36k health and almost 6k rcv. She's non-REM friendly but not really starter friendly.

Top Bottom