• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

colinp

Banned
Anyone else think Holy Night Kirin could be a hint as to what the next uvo for regular Kirin is? Gaining healer subtype and the healer stuff in her leader skill.

Quantum

Anyone else think Holy Night Kirin could be a hint as to what the next uvo for regular Kirin is? Gaining healer subtype and the healer stuff in her leader skill.

might be a little op - right now kirin is physical and has the HP - but I wouldn't complain, a hp buff and a hp version would be great for me - although Lmeta is now a beast with the HP buff I'd never say never.

last week it was Yomi - This week - Amon - seriously I've gone 0/12 for amon - so sad, I'm forced to collect the unevo'd version and will have to slowly skill like the fallen luci I'm not currently using o.0

Okamid3n

My 5 rolls in the christmas machine were great. I only had Kirin from the chinese series before, now I have all of them except MeiMei.

I also have 3 light noel, but I have nothing to level up, light is already my strongest element by far and they're all really high-level. So tempting to just waste one on Haku so I can finally have a devil team too.

scottnak

93 Days and made it to Level 100!

The Christmas REM has given me some pretty chibis...

This is my main team at the moment... any suggestions on how to make this even stronger perhaps? https://www.padherder.com/user/scottnak/teams/#104065 Or where to focus on... I'm a little overwhelemed with all the lil' guys I have (i'm a hoarder so it's always hard for me to let the old guys go... haha)

My Padherder
Also if there are any other fellow LKali's out there... I'd love to be friends :)

Epic Drop

L. Kali is an awesome lead, so I would stick with her for sure. I don't know what others think, but it may be worth trying to find room for chibi valk on your l. Kali team, especially if you are trying for two prongs (which you should be). Chibi valk will also help by turning worthless hearts into your main element (light) which will help you on your burst turns. I'd try to skill that valk the next time poring tower comes around.

I'm guessing at this point you are mostly limited by team cost, so just keep grinding away! There are some good l Kali guides out there that should help you know what god fests are with rolling in.

hermit7

L. Kali is an awesome lead, so I would stick with her for sure. I don't know what others think, but it may be worth trying to find room for chibi valk on your l. Kali team, especially if you are trying for two prongs (which you should be). Chibi valk will also help by turning worthless hearts into your main element (light) which will help you on your burst turns. I'd try to skill that valk the next time poring tower comes around.

I'm guessing at this point you are mostly limited by team cost, so just keep grinding away! There are some good l Kali guides out there that should help you know what god fests are with rolling in.

Have a lkali but am honestly not seeing the improvement over my uy team. Same multiplier and he has two prongs as well. The only advantage may be the addition of orb extends but that doesn't seem enough of a reason. I m sure I will level her eventually but as of now she is gathering dust.

linsivvi

Have a lkali but am honestly not seeing the improvement over my uy team. Same multiplier and he has two prongs as well. The only advantage may be the addition of orb extends but that doesn't seem enough of a reason. I m sure I will level her eventually but as of now she is gathering dust.

The active is the big differentiator. It doesn't just set up a combo, but it wipes the board of all malicious blocks.

Skill block block is quite important in some dungeons. Also, synergy with Echidna.

Quantum

Valk is a good sub, but not a great sub. L.Kali's active actually breaks hearts - well it completely gets rid of hearts so it make valk useless during most spikes. (L.kali -> enhance).

The optimal sub is Fuma Kotaro. With a TPA and breaking green to light it is the perfect sub.

3 TPA valk is fantastic for setting up the board if you have the time, but Fuma is optimal and I think differentiates this lead from other 5x -

L.kali -> futa -> enhance or mult -> Yomi

Holy crap!

7mZe0us.png

Merry Christmas?

I need money so I can buy that Tama dungeon... Awoken Neptune and now this kirin need a TON of awakenings.

Althane

Holy crap!

7mZe0us.png

Merry Christmas?

I need money so I can buy that Tama dungeon... Awoken Neptune and now this kirin need a TON of awakenings.

I'm jealous, Zipped. =\

I just got the 3 Chinese God Chibis. I mean, I have 2 Ronias, so I can't complain, especially since I'm a non-IAP, but... I really want a Kirin. She looks so cool. Especially Holiday Kirin. :(

Heh. I was still sitting on 36 Ruby Dragons, waiting on Thursday to farm Plants for the Pengdras I've been holding since last 5x technicals. I wonder if GH has plans to do something with jewel/metal Dragons since all but the Gold ones are pretty useless. I guess I could save them to level future Pengdras.

J0dy77

Heh. I was still sitting on 36 Ruby Dragons, waiting on Thursday to farm Plants for the Pengdras I've been holding since last 5x technicals. I wonder if GH has plans to do something with jewel/metal Dragons since all but the Gold ones are pretty useless. I guess I could save them to level future Pengdras.

We should be getting the update on the near future that eliminates the need for metals when evolving pengdra. When that happens the regular metal dungeons will be useless.

I ended up clearing hera so 11 times yesterday without an invade. So frustrating. I spent all stamina yesterday trying to get it. Leveled up and even stoned for more runs.

linsivvi

We should be getting the update on the near future that eliminates the need for metals when evolving pengdra. When that happens the regular metal dungeons will be useless.

I ended up clearing hera so 11 times yesterday without an invade. So frustrating. I spent all stamina yesterday trying to get it. Leveled up and even stoned for more runs.

We got that update just a few hours ago.

Merry Christmas!

What's the consensus on which is better to skill-up between Hera-Beorc and Zeus Dios? I also worry that Beorc may get an uvo with a different active, making her current skill-ups worthless.

hermit7

The active is the big differentiator. It doesn't just set up a combo, but it wipes the board of all malicious blocks.

Skill block block is quite important in some dungeons. Also, synergy with Echidna.

Even that with uy two prong and it's skill changing red and heart to blue and green it sets the board up for multiple two prongs.

I really only think L.Kali is better if you have Fuma Kotaro, and maybe whatever her ideal dark sub. Fuma is definitely a must imo for her to be better than my current Kirin team.

On the other hand, Genbu took 28 more feeds to max skill, so 3/73 this week. And Genbu #2 is at 0/15 already. Damn turtle girls.
I'm not quite at your level but I'm getting there. Genbu is 0/14 so my overall rate between Byakko/Pandora/Genbu is at 5/74.

I wonder if they actually nerf the rates for things that get survey dungeons. Then again, my Persephone wasn't too bad - it's just the evolved skillups that continually evade me. >_<

Quantum

I gathered some more stones and had a chibi meimei my fourth? Ehh.

Speaking of skill ups I'm really unhappy this week. I've used almost all of my sta running the gung-ho collab and have had maybe the worst results I've seen since starting to play. Zero Amon, zero Anubis, zero ggy, zero Bastet, one anima skill up.

The rate seems to be way lower for this collab for me and it makes me bummed because I could have run the Christmas collab more frequently. Such a waste of time.

Hige

What's the consensus on which is better to skill-up between Hera-Beorc and Zeus Dios? I also worry that Beorc may get an uvo with a different active, making her current skill-ups worthless.
I think I was leaning towards Hera for my GZL team when I was thinking of using one of them for KotG farming. They're similar enough I don't think it matters which one you choose, but Hera has higher ATK and one row enhance. Her leader skill is really situational, especially now with the Roman ultimates that halve light/dark damage, but I've seen some S rank grind teams that used her lol. Zeus has a better leader skill, but I don't know what team you'd run with him as a leader. I suppose you're using them as a sub anyway, so the leader skill probably doesn't matter.

I think I was leaning towards Hera for my GZL team when I was thinking of using one of them for KotG farming. They're similar enough I don't think it matters which one you choose, but Hera has higher ATK and one row enhance. Her leader skill is really situational, especially now with the Roman ultimates that halve light/dark damage, but I've seen some S rank grind teams that used her lol. Zeus has a better leader skill, but I don't know what team you'd run with him as a leader. I suppose you're using them as a sub anyway, so the leader skill probably doesn't matter.
Yeah. I'm mostly thinking of using as sub, but between the 2, I'd situationally maybe use Beorc as a leader but doubt I'd ever use Dios as is. I like Beorc's awakenings better too. The only thing is that Dios' Balance type might be better for Wood than Beorc's Devil type. Those are my initial thoughts but wondered if there was already more thorough analysis that made it clear which was preferred if even for certain teams.

Hige

Yeah. I'm mostly thinking of using as sub, but between the 2, I'd situationally maybe use Beorc as a leader but doubt I'd ever use Dios as is. I like Beorc's awakenings better too. The only thing is that Dios' Balance type might be better for Wood than Beorc's Devil type. Those are my initial thoughts but wondered if there was already more thorough analysis that made it clear which was preferred if even for certain teams.
Now that you mention it, I'd probably go for Zeus just because there's more synergy with wood/balance types like Freyja, Perseus, King Woodsie etc. if you ever wanted to branch out to other teams. Off the top of my head I can't think of a good fit for Hera outside of... Astaroth or Cauchemar. I don't use wood teams outside of GZL so I might be overlooking something.

Epic Drop

I gathered some more stones and had a chibi meimei my fourth? Ehh.

Speaking of skill ups I'm really unhappy this week. I've used almost all of my sta running the gung-ho collab and have had maybe the worst results I've seen since starting to play. Zero Amon, zero Anubis, zero ggy, zero Bastet, one anima skill up.

The rate seems to be way lower for this collab for me and it makes me bummed because I could have run the Christmas collab more frequently. Such a waste of time.

I'm having a terrible time with gung ho skill ups as well. A 10 (soon to be 7) turn CD Amon would be incredible for my b Sonia team, and I'd really really like to skill up my ggy because I have some great subs for him, and the intention of using him at some point.

I don't know that I'll ever get through fully skilling up amon.

Quantum

I don't know that I'll ever get through fully skilling up amon.

I doubt I will either, but I'll continue to run it for this week, since I've had zero skillups for about 16 or 17 (I stopped counting) think I might hold them for another event and try at a different time.

I completely agree a 7 CD amon would be fantastic. I can't believe how much of a troll fest it is so far, and the 30 or so unevo'd feeds I have require keepers o.0

at least the feeds are dropping pretty frequently (which probably explains the shitty skill up probability)

I'd like to create a GGY team - I have a max awoken one that is a box warmer for the moment, I made a physical parv for him and still have hope.... although no skill ups.

its really interesting - I understand from the probability I won't get a huge number of skill ups, but counting every drop I've had this week so far running only the collab to not have a skill up - its a little shitty.

Hello power creep - JP getting 2.5x skillup rate in the next couple of days reportedly
http://pazusoku.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-4624.html

2.5 x 0 is... I keed I keed...

FZZ

Banned
Alright I just pulled from the Christmas REM and I got metatron

I already have a chibi valk too, could I make a decent Two Prong team with these two or nah?

Epic Drop

I would hold the evolved amon skill ups, but I've already got 80 Lakshmi skills ups, 45 parvati skill ups, and probably another 100+ random skill up fodder as well just sitting in my box. That's a long way of saying even though I've been spending almost all of my stones on box space (at 405 now), I just don't have the space to hold anything more right now. :/

A 7 turn CD amon would be game changing to me though... He'd be up turn one on my b Sonia team, and I could use him 2-3 times per dungeon instead of only once.

Oh well. Another 0/4 on amon, 0/3 on ggy, and 0/2 on anubis since I last posted... Just unreal...

Quantum

I would hold the evolved amon skill ups, but I've already got 80 Lakshmi skills ups, 45 parvati skill ups, and probably another 100+ random skill up fodder as well just sitting in my box. That's a long way of saying even though I've been spending almost all of my stones on box space (at 405 now), I just don't have the space to hold anything more right now. :/

A 7 turn CD amon would be game changing to me though... He'd be up turn one on my b Sonia team, and I could use him 2-3 times per dungeon instead of only once.

Oh well. Another 0/4 on amon, 0/3 on ggy, and 0/2 on anubis since I last posted... Just unreal...

noted - box space is *always* an issue. I currently have 800, fortunately I'll have enough to hold 70 or so amon feeds - although I doubt that will come close to max leveling - maybe enough to have his up turn 1.

I have a hermes (also unskilled) as I was late in the game to by Bonia team but he's up faster than amon but lacks the awakenings but is a better orb changer imho.

I just leveled and only had 1 feedable drop on amon without skill-up, 2 neg on anubis, 1 neg on GGY.

this has to be a joke.

edit:

I wanted to mention before I have my martini tonight (christmas eve dinner - not a nightly event)-

This Saturday in the US on Adult Swim they are playing 2 Evangelion movies - 1.1 and 2.2 I believe from like midnight to 4:30 am. I have never personally watched them but have to admit I'm interested after playing through the collab twice - so it's kinda like effective synergy for me.

FZZ

Banned
I was thinking of something like this

I don't have a Zhuge and the Light knight isn't available, but I have all the other monsters and I think a Shynee could replace the Light knight for now.

Epic Drop

Hey, that's cool quantum! Thanks for letting me know, maybe I'll check it out.

I had a really lucky streak and just got two amon skill ups and two ggy skills ups, which somehow makes the pain of all the bad luck go away. It's amazing how this game work like that, isn't it? I think I'll let my stamina recharge naturally and try again tomorrow.

Enjoy your martini and Christmas dinner :)

Fzz, if I had a mini meta, I'd probably try for something similar!

Uthred

Pulled twice, chibi Karin twice in a row, jive. Decided to roll on my alt account, chich karin. All right I get the message.

hermit7

While it would be nice to max skill some things for me yet seems silly on a blonia team which typically has so many skill reduction awakenings. With my current team blonia/blonia/blodin/blodin/bubblie/ blonia friend you have 14 skill boosts meaning a max blonia is up turn one.

For me it is just hard to dedicate stamina to evoing mobs. Would rather just feed the evoed ones and then others as fodder. It will be back and I am not in any rush.

Also did anyone see the new chibi three Kingdom rem? Going to pull a few and hope for a lubu. Have been pining for one since they were released and is the only card that I really desire.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Reached Rank 120 "a whole new world"

Very nice, also beat King Carnival for the first time. Still looking for Siren and probably will try out first descents soon.

Have to find a difficulty Ranking of all these quest first though.

Edit:
Well and reaching 100 stamina is the next goal.

scottnak

Thanks for the advice guys!

Yup, team cost is definitely my issue atm. Just keep shuffling things around as I get more cost space, (also using padherder so i don't forget my old configs... hah)
I'll take a look at some of the guides.

Valk is a good sub, but not a great sub. L.Kali's active actually breaks hearts - well it completely gets rid of hearts so it make valk useless during most spikes. (L.kali -> enhance).

The optimal sub is Fuma Kotaro. With a TPA and breaking green to light it is the perfect sub.

3 TPA valk is fantastic for setting up the board if you have the time, but Fuma is optimal and I think differentiates this lead from other 5x -

L.kali -> futa -> enhance or mult -> Yomi

Fuma eh. Well... praying for the REM isn't a good strategy as an non-IAPer, but I'll keep the name in mind now :)

saichi

If the REM for this one is as good as the Christmas one, I might buy stones for the first time in almost a year. Also, sneaky Gungho only announce this after I blew all my stones on Christmas REM although I did get a few good chibi characters.

What I got from Christmas REM:

Chibi Meimei
Chibi Kirin
Chibi Haku
Chibi Kirin
Wood Wizard Leeza (was happy to see gold egg then ultimate let down :( )

And there is also hokuto no ken collab if it's coming over. do want.

Hige

I have all the mats except a rainbow keeper. I just used my last two on Zeus Vulcan and Hera-Ur a few hours ago. Oh well. :(

razterik

Ahhhh, dang it! Just overshot Minerva in Hera-Ur Challenge Descend enough for her to dark bind my whole Ronia team. And I had a perfect setup to finish the dungeon but decided to peck at her HP one more time. Stupid. Managed to finish everything below her, which is pretty good considering I hadn't run a single one of those descends in JP yet.

It's sad that my JP account is sitting on nearly a dozen piis with nothing worthwhile to use them on, but my US account has run every Alt coin dungeon and used a handful of stones farming so far without any drops.

Top Bottom