• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

FZZ

Banned
Do you guys think we are gonna get the Three Kingdoms PAL machine for New Years? Seeing as how we got the Christmas REM a few days after Japan I wouldn't be surprised.

The dream is realized!

AhM4upY.jpg

Now it's gonna annoy me whenever I need to sub-in a non-297 monster for specific dungeons. Lol.

quin

Since three 2-prong attacks are the new hotness, check out Liu Bei's ultimate.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141226_sinka.html

just wasted 2000 points so make sure I don't hit the limit. I hope this one doesn't come any time soon... maybe in a month? On the same page, it also looks like there are 3 consecutive godfests running for the new year.

hasn't the cap been increased to 10000?

Japan also gets to buy a 5 stone pack for ¥100

and! Dragonball is back! This time dragonballs are a drop.

linsivvi

just wasted 2000 points so make sure I don't hit the limit. I hope this one doesn't come any time soon... maybe in a month? On the same page, it also looks like there are 3 consecutive godfests running for the new year.

We probably won't get it until we get the last 3 kingdom descend, after that the 3 kingdom dungeons will be updated with a chance of a mini mob dropping.

I think JP is also getting 2 sets of challenge dungeons concurrently. We need to get some of that action!

Hopefully the new year event will not disappoint.

saichi

Yup. I was at about 9200.

I haven't bought for almost a year. I would totally buy 5 stones for a dollar.

No DBZ or Saint Seiya is really bothering me. At least we get Batman collab back!

Jagernaut

2 weeks of Batman Collab. I max skilled Grundy last time, now I have Hermes so I will skill him up. I also have BOdin but his skillup is more rare.

zoku88

Since three 2-prong attacks are the new hotness, check out Liu Bei's ultimate.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141226_sinka.html

Perfect! I have him on my GZL team (even though he destroys dark orbs too). But now, I think he does like 300 more damage than GZL (not counting sub-type).

Good stuff. Any reason you have Odin on the team? Why not Valk?
I ran Valk for the longest on my Sakuya team, and while she adds firepower to the team, I've found this defense-focused build to be much more consistent overall. And Odin plays a major role in its defense and overall versatility. He's a huge stat stick with 2 skill boosts, 2000 autoheal, absorbs binds, and an active that can zap an enemy and heal on demand. I still substitute monsters depending what's needed for specific dungeons, but its usually for some utility like Mastering's Orb Refresh or Kushi's damage reduction, and rarely for additional offensive power. And even then, Echidna's usually the first to get subbed-out, not Odin.

xCobalt

I ran Valk for the longest on my Sakuya team, and while she adds firepower to the team, I've found this defense-focused build to be much more consistent overall. And Odin plays a major role in its defense and overall versatility. He's a huge stat stick with 2 skill boosts, 2000 autoheal, absorbs binds, and an active that can zap an enemy and heal on demand. I still substitute monsters depending what's needed for specific dungeons, but its usually for some utility like Mastering's Orb Refresh or Kushi's damage reduction, and rarely for additional offensive power. And even then, Echidna's usually the first to get subbed-out, not Odin.

Ah ok. I'm still trying to finalize my Sakuya team....something beyond the Echidna/Hera-Is/Valk/Verche subs. I don't have L.Meta like you but I think Awoken Ceres will work as a substitute.

yami4ct

Forgot to post that I hit my one year anniversary with PAD a couple days back! Man, can't believe I've kept with the game every day for a year. Still going strong. Don't think I'll let up soon.

In in game news, I switched out Echidna and Apollo on my Kirin team for L. Kali and Verche. Holy crap that combo is good. Blowing through content I had trouble with before. Even if I can't really put together a great L. Kali team right now, she's a godsend for my Kirin team.

smbu2000

it was a reward for my determination and like 10 blue/green fruits i got while trying to get 2 red fruits

if blonia needs 5 blue fruits for her ultimate evo i'm ready for that

also if i get a gronia and it needs 5 green fruits for it's ult evo i'm ready for that too

i actually had to get rid of green fruits i had so many
Wow, that is really good! I just ult. my Ronia and with the 2.5x skill up rate, I got nothing... -_-She's still stuck at lvl. 2. I spent the past 2 weeks constantly playing the Thursday dungeon to get the 3 red fruits I needed for the ult. Loos like I have to keep doing that dungeon...

On the new collab gacha I pulled a gold egg, mini LZL. Was hoping for for a mini Lu Bu, but didn't get one on either of my accounts...

Ult. the Andromeda on my main one, just need the masks to do the same for my secondary. Need to ult. the two Liu Bei's on my main. Will go for the triple TPA one first. Have a lot of red fruits on that one since I don't have a Ronia.

Narras

While playing PAD last night, I found out my phone now has a vertical dead zone that aligns with the 4th column in the game. So sad. :(

I guess I could do easier dungeons until I get a fix or a new phone.

Quantum

Ugh - There is no way this game is straight up RNG and it bothers me to no end - it feels like the AI in the original version of puzzle quest. Fun reading previous discussions and how protective the player base can be calling "rng" = "rng".

- finally got a skill up on Amon - one, after six days of running the gungho collab. (thanks RNG?)

- Played cauchemar this morning and failed twice on the boss due to impossible, impossible rng orb placement two runs in a row.

- recently feeling like either you can cheese a dungeon or you can't, zero skill involved at high level/end game teams.
- this game, the new decends, and ridiculous skyfall occurring only on the last floors - totally feel like if you don't cheese a boss in the first turn you have to throw stones to get mediocre decend drop.

- feel like they are running out of ideas, doesn't seem to be much skill based content to the newest additions to the game - resorting to stone grabbing tactics in the new content, patching some REM mobs to be able to bypass (cheese) using retrospective thought.

/rant

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
2014-12-27-16-29-27q6u9v.png

So i tried out Valkyre Goodness Desc on Legend, while i lost and didnt even make it to the boss - it was an interesting experience since this was my first Desc.

- Enemies tanking more than one 25x hit from the U&Y team
- showed me how important skill ups are - because most units were quite useless and i didnt get to use their skills after all, Echi was ready just when i was killed on Floor 4
- should have kept Kushi in my team, just switched her out for Echi because i thought i would be able to use the Delay, this would have helped my 25x attack power as well
- not much time to stall with U&Y, its either kill them all in one shot or...well its about to get though. I had luck with Orbs as well.
- Didnt get to use Sun Quan skills, how many 25x shots i would have needed on the Boss with it

The main thing though is that this was the first time i really appreciated having a U&Y team - my GZL team or every other team wouldnt have stand a chance in there lol - at least right now.

Also just realized that i have enough team points to put the regular U/Y in my team for the Dragon Knight. Will evolve U/Y to get at least access to his TPA Awakening.

2014-12-27-16-48-30owurp.png

I think i will level Kushi and Sun Quan a bit now, as well as Evolving U&Y. Rest is about awakening for this team and maybe Ult-Evo 2nd U&Y if i somehow get lucky on the PAL

Maybe other posters can give good advice about the order, but definitely Hera or Heroes should be your first. There must be a list somewhere but I can't remember what I did after them.

The first descends you should attempt used to be two heroes and hera (now they are in the normal dungeon track available after starlight sanctuary)

If you have a U&Y team I think you might want to attempt hera-is legendary. You'll have enough damage, but you will need to kill everything on the first turn. Hera-is mythical is a pain in the rear end. But legendary isn't nearly as bad.

Another good one is satan descended, with a light focused U&Y. There are no heart orbs so you are more likely to hit the 25x multiplier to kill everything in one hit.

One last recommendation: Goemon descended, Should be relatively simple with a blue monster focused U&Y team.

These recommendations also are for if you have a kirin as well.

use Puzzledragonx to see if you have a team that might work for the dungeon before you enter it.

Thanks guys !!

Just to be sure - are you always taking the Legend or Mythical Difficulty as a reference point ? So when you say start with 2 Heroes, it does mean that a person can handle it on Legend...right ?

ZeroAKA

Just to be sure - are you always taking the Legend or Mythical Difficulty as a reference point ? So when you say start with 2 Heroes, it does mean that a person can handle it on Legend...right ?
There's only one difficulty for Hera and Heroes. You should be fine with U&Y.

cw_sasuke

There's only one difficulty for Hera and Heroes. You should be fine with U&Y.

Cool thanks.

Just saw that you can get Highlander on Heroes as well, he would fit nice into my GZL team. Enemies in the dungeon seem to have way less HP than in Godness Desc.

But getting there wont be easy....but i will try making progress in the normal Quests, have given up on getting Siren in Oceans of Heaven.

Edit:

Is there a special way to unlock the Heroes Dungeon ? Because i got Legendary Dragons' Footprints before unlocking the couple of dungeons that come after Vesta Cave.

Cool thanks.

Just saw that you can get Highlander on Heroes as well, he would fit nice into my GZL team. Enemies in the dungeon seem to have way less HP than in Godness Desc.

But getting there wont be easy....but i will try making progress in the normal Quests, have given up on getting Siren in Oceans of Heaven.

Edit:

Is there a special way to unlock the Heroes Dungeon ? Because i got Legendary Dragons' Footprints before unlocking the couple of dungeons that come after Vesta Cave.
Legendary Dragons -> Sky Dragons -> Hera is the order for unlocking Two Heroes.

cw_sasuke

Legendary Dragons -> Sky Dragons -> Hera is the order for unlocking Two Heroes.

I feared that...so this will take some time till i get there. Thanks !!

On Legendary Dragons/Blazing Hell i have some weird issues with those Pyro Devil - feels like they block/defend most attacks from me. Even water combos (if i dont get orb trolled) dont do that much dmg on them.

The next stage should be easier with GZL since there are only water units.

Kyu

Neo Member
I feared that...so this will take some time till i get there. Thanks !!

On Legendary Dragons/Blazing Hell i have some weird issues with those Pyro Devil - feels like they block/defend most attacks from me. Even water combos (if i dont get orb trolled) dont do that much dmg on them.

The next stage should be easier with GZL since there are only water units.

The devils have 1400 defence. The damage they take is your attack minus their defence. For example: your GZL attacks for 1500 after a 3 orb match, subtract 1400 for the devil's defence and you are left with 100 atk.

In that same team you have kushi. Her attack is 1300 and is not enough to overcome the defensive threshold of the devil. Kushi will therefore only inflict 1 dmg on that same devil.

You can play around with the combo calculator on puzzledragonx

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/calculator1.asp

You can find the defence parameter under advanced options

jay23

Forgot to post that I hit my one year anniversary with PAD a couple days back! Man, can't believe I've kept with the game every day for a year. Still going strong. Don't think I'll let up soon.

In in game news, I switched out Echidna and Apollo on my Kirin team for L. Kali and Verche. Holy crap that combo is good. Blowing through content I had trouble with before. Even if I can't really put together a great L. Kali team right now, she's a godsend for my Kirin team.

I might try this, I didn't realize l.Kali is a good kirin sub.

What's a good water faramable sub for a kirin team?

razterik

I might try this, I didn't realize l.Kali is a good kirin sub.

What's a good water faramable sub for a kirin team?

Light Kali is an amazing Kirin sub. Board reset, guaranteed activation, and two prongs are great for extra damage without needing an active boost.

Best Kirin light/blue sub is probably light Izanami. Sandalphon isn't a bad choice if you have some other healers on squad.

Well done George, congrats.
Thanks! I have more +297 monsters, but this is my first complete +297 team. Though, I'm extremely tempted to cannibalize Echidna for a better sub.

I actually forgot about LKali, even though I immediately thought about adding her to my Sakuya team when I pulled her. I considered replacing Echidna with Mastering, but LKali is definitely better. Between Verche and Apollo, I think I'd still stick with Apollo even with LKali on the team. His stats are much better and he provides a bigger burst when used without LKali. I view LKali more as a utility to get rid of bad boards than to set up a burst. It's just a huge bonus that she makes a rainbow board rather than the randomness of Mastering which can still leave you orb-trolled. I may end up feeding Echidna to LKali...

jay23

Light Kali is an amazing Kirin sub. Board reset, guaranteed activation, and two prongs are great for extra damage without needing an active boost.

Best Kirin light/blue sub is probably light Izanami. Sandalphon isn't a bad choice if you have some other healers on squad.

Thanks I'll have to try and get Izanami next time that descend comes around. I think my devil team can take it on.

I'll start working on Kirin/Apollo/Valkyrie/L.Kali/Izanami as my next team.

razterik

Should be "soon". Becomes like Xuanzang where you fight light before dark and I think the difficulty of those two floors decreases a little. Unfortunately also means the light one doesn't always drop.

J0dy77

What team is everyone using for caucheman?

I played awfully today and wiped a couple times with lu bu then switched to kirin which was dumb. Finally cleared legend with lu bu (no drop) but don't know if I'll be able to do mythical?

Finally got U&Y max skilled, making it my first hypermaxed card!

I need to decide on my next card to plus. I had thought about farming coin dungeons to max skill D/L Batman, and he would be a good option. Other possibilities are Fagan, Kagutsuchi, GZL, or maybe Lu Bu. What do you guys think?

linsivvi

What team is everyone using for caucheman?

I played awfully today and wiped a couple times with lu bu then switched to kirin which was dumb. Finally cleared legend with lu bu (no drop) but don't know if I'll be able to do mythical?

Cleared Mythical with a Horus team after failing a couple times. Only important part is to be able to one-shot Hellfire Pyro Demon in the 2nd floor, after that you can tank a bit on that floor.

My subs were Echidna, Droidragon, King Mastering and Beelzebub.

linsivvi

*New Year Grooves*
[Duration]: 12/29 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 1/4 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bring down the Disco Ball, start the light show, and ignite the fire works! This new millennium is fifteen years old!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
12/29 - 1/4 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② The Great Christmas Tree
Now that Christmas has gone and past, it looks like fruits have appeared on its branches! But what could they be?

12/29 - 1/4 - A Gift from the World Tree

■③ New Years Resolutions!
A new year means a whole new year of personal growth. For Puzzle & Dragons players, that means achieving a new threshold of orb-matching mastery. Stretch your legs with these dungeons!

12/30 - 12/31 - Extreme Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
1/1 - 1/2 - Extreme God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
1/3 - 1/4 - Extreme Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 12/29 to 1/4!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

12/29 - Kanetsugu Descended!
12/29 - Sandalphon Descended!
12/30 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
12/31 - Satan Descended!
12/31 - Wadatsumi Descended!
1/1 - The Thief Descended!
1/1 - Tengu!!!
1/2 - Athena Descended!
1/2 - Dragon Zombie!
1/3 - Beelzebub Descended!
1/3 - Xuanzang Descended!
1/4 - Izanami Descended!
1/4 - Draggie!

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
12/29 - 1/4 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

Also, challenge dungeon is back:
- Lv10...Flampy
- Lv 9...Bubpy
- Lv 8...Woodpy
- Lv 7...Shynpy
- Lv 6...Badpy
- Lv 5...Snow Globe Dragon Noir (Max Lv)
- Lv 4...TAMADRA with ATK +3, ATK+3, RCV +3
- Lv 3...Super King Gold Dragon
- Lv 2...Super King Metal Dragon
- Lv 1...500,000 Coins

razterik

Strawberry is a useful sub for red/dragon teams. Maybe melon for Green Guan Yu. Nobody wants blueberry.

Would rather have a free spirit jewel dungeon, though. Got enough fruit dragons already.

Hige

Finally got U&Y max skilled, making it my first hypermaxed card!

I need to decide on my next card to plus. I had thought about farming coin dungeons to max skill D/L Batman, and he would be a good option. Other possibilities are Fagan, Kagutsuchi, GZL, or maybe Lu Bu. What do you guys think?
I'd say Lu Bu, but it depends what teams you currently use or future teams you want to use. Fagan, Kagu, and GZL will all make good use of ATK eggs due to TPA. GZL is probably the most versatile of those 3 as a leader and sub. I'm less familiar with Fagan (assuming you have D/L), but it might be worthwhile if you have enough friend leaders to use. I've seen a few D/L Batman leader concept teams, but it doesn't seem as easy to use or find friends with as D/W Batman. I think he and Kagu would be mostly relegated to sub status.

I just finished getting my GZL to +297 recently, and I mostly use him as an Athena sub honestly. I think the lack of Tien from DBZ REM (to lower HP to 1) is really killing my capability with him. I find myself using Ronia, LMeta, or Beelzebub for descends lately just because they're more consistent. :(

I'm already 98 eggs on my way to my third 297 and I have no idea what I want to do either. The cards I'd most like to plus I don't even own yet lol. I'm thinking about Krishna, LKali, Hathor, or Osiris. I might just feed them to LMeta if I don't roll any of those soon.

Munin

So...uh...I am a new player and have been playing for a mere 3 days. I just reached Rank 21. Looking at this thread still feels pretty intimidating because I don't understand half of the lingo or what stuff means.

I've read some beginner guides, e.g. from the Wiki but mostly I'm still confused as to how well I am actually doing or if I should be doing any better. In particular I am confused regarding the monsters I should be keeping and/or which ones I should be fusing.

I guess I already deviated from the newbie guide by not rerolling so I don't have any god or anything. By the time I read about that I had already invested a couple hours and I didn't feel like restarting. I've been doing OK without too much difficulty so far but I can feel the curve tightening now (Fire Forest Nerva). In particular I feel that I don't exactly know how to actually get more really good monsters. New evolutions seem like 10-20 levels away for the monsters I do have.

Is there any chance of just continuing to play this more or less casually or will I eventually feel the P2W pressure without spending hours on learning how to game the game?

Here's my stats, I'd appreciate some comments or suggestions.

http://imgur.com/ZGmv8N6
http://imgur.com/wpz0YUa

cw_sasuke

Reroll for one of the higher tier Units, trust me. Rank 21 isn't much and you'll be back in no time....it's just not worth the struggle later on.

Trying to get good subs for your leader is already challenging enough, but if your leader already sucks or isn't strong enough progress can be very slow.

ZeroAKA

Is there any chance of just continuing to play this more or less casually or will I eventually feel the P2W pressure without spending hours on learning how to game the game?
Many people have been able to get through the game without paying any money due to GungHo's generosity when it comes to free stones, but a lot of that requires luck from the REM. Getting a good leader from the first roll gives you a way to make it to end-game without having to rely on the REM as much. You should probably continue following the starter guide and reroll, especially if you plan on sticking with the game for a long time.

Quantum

I played for a full year before spending a penny. if you have invested 10-20 hours learning to play and have decided you like the game, or are debating whether you are the type to log in daily like most of us, I would seriously consider re-rolling.

you have nothing in what you posted that will make a viable team for early, mid or late game.

you will find most of talking or venting about high level stuff - and the game is designed so that you don't see or understand the high level stuff from your POV.

you can get through a ton of content - maybe all of it without spending a penny - with one caveat - you have to have a good starter that will build a great team.

in the OP/header there are links, but it will be said countless times - you can play with anything to a certain point, but to play without spending money you might have to spend 10-20 hours just re-rolling.

if you don't plan to throw stones at the golden dragon, REROLL!

edit:

FWIW: pick up tap titans, its so much deeper than I thought it would be for a game that you just tap the screen. your little dudes keep working while you are away, and the numbers get so big its just silly :)/

I'd say Lu Bu, but it depends what teams you currently use or future teams you want to use. Fagan, Kagu, and GZL will all make good use of ATK eggs due to TPA. GZL is probably the most versatile of those 3 as a leader and sub. I'm less familiar with Fagan (assuming you have D/L), but it might be worthwhile if you have enough friend leaders to use. I've seen a few D/L Batman leader concept teams, but it doesn't seem as easy to use or find friends with as D/W Batman. I think he and Kagu would be mostly relegated to sub status.
I'm still lacking the full board change I would need to take my LuBu team to the next level, so I've been losing interest in that team. I'm trying to put together a D/L Fagan team so I can utilize Kagu, but its a long way off, so I'll probably hold off on those two. I have a mostly ideal Athena team, and a solid GZL team, so GZL seems like a good choice.

You're right that Batman is mostly a sub, but he's kind if a staple on my U&Y team (no Yomi). And he's really useful in general with huge HP and two skill boosts. I'll have to keep thinking about it.

So...uh...I am a new player and have been playing for a mere 3 days. I just reached Rank 21. Looking at this thread still feels pretty intimidating because I don't understand half of the lingo or what stuff means.

I've read some beginner guides, e.g. from the Wiki but mostly I'm still confused as to how well I am actually doing or if I should be doing any better. In particular I am confused regarding the monsters I should be keeping and/or which ones I should be fusing.

I guess I already deviated from the newbie guide by not rerolling so I don't have any god or anything. By the time I read about that I had already invested a couple hours and I didn't feel like restarting. I've been doing OK without too much difficulty so far but I can feel the curve tightening now (Fire Forest Nerva). In particular I feel that I don't exactly know how to actually get more really good monsters. New evolutions seem like 10-20 levels away for the monsters I do have.

http://imgur.com/ZGmv8N6
http://imgur.com/wpz0YUa
Fire Forest Nerva is the first point in the game where the difficulty starts ramping up, so don't feel bad about struggling at your current position.

Never (as a beginner) fuse away anything that pops out of the rare egg machine. Nearly everything from the PAL machine and the normal dungeon progression is easily replaceable, there's a slightly out of date list of exceptions here:
http://guide.padherder.com/New_Play..._I_just_sell_or_fuse_everything_that_drops.3F

Most good monsters come from the rare egg machine, and as a non-IAP player it common knowledge not to put stones into the REM outside of Godfests, which occur around the 15th and 30th each month. It looks like you've been shaking the gold dragon's hand a bit, so the primary advantage of starting over is for you to more easily rebuild your stone collection in advance of the upcoming godfest.

I assume you're in Taiwan. There is an argument to be made to play the Taiwanese version of PAD, since a) time limited dungeons align better with your sleep schedule, b) you can friend people you meet IRL in TW PAD, and c) the TW version shares servers with the JP version, which inarguably gets more and faster content than anybody else. You lose being able to play with most gaffers (but there are a few of us who play JP), and if you don't know Japanese or Taiwanese well the language barrier is a bit intimidating, but that's about it.

Jagernaut

I'm rank 331 and I only have 425 box space. I don't like skilling up using monsters that need to be evolved. I did it for GOdin and Haku but it's tedious.

Top Bottom