• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Just ran the Christmas dungeon with some spare stamina, since there's nothing else for me to farm today. Had my first Present spawn alongside a couple Chimeras. Killed off the Chimeras first so I could charge skills on the Present. Neither of the Chimeras dropped! Surely this meant the Present would drop! Of course not. *sigh*

Okamid3n

Accepted the invite and sent the present! Hope you get some good ones!

Sent back!

I got a junk starter and a light snow globe. That's great, thanks.

I never thought I'd have too much light exp, but here we are.

And wow, I'm a member now.

zoku88

I was finally able to beat Christmas Super Blessed and got my stone.

Thank you, AG2@GAF and your wonder +297 U&Y. That extra HP really saved me.

*Heartwarming Holidays Pt. 2*
[Duration]: 12/24 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 12/28 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
The logs crackle and burn, and glasses of warm eggnog are passed around. Memories and laughter are captured in photographs to be preserved for the next year’s holidays.
The ornaments on the tree reflect the smiles of families and friends. Merry Christmas, everyone!
■① Daily Login Bonuses
12/24 - 12/28 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.
■② Putting Up Decorations
Half the charm of Christmas is in the decorations! We have a few laying around, but they’re scattered about in gift dungeons! Could you go look for them?
12/20 - 12/28 - Snow Village (Can only run once!)
■③ What’s Under the Tree?
There are small presents, medium presents, and extra big ones. This looks to be a pretty big one, let’s hope it’s what you’ve been waiting for!
12/25 - 12/28 - Tower of Jewel
■④ A Royal Christmas Dinner
King DeviTAMA has declared his attendance to Christmas Dinner! He’s available for retrieval one time only for logging in between 12/20 4:00 AM and 12/29 3:59 AM.
For more details, see the original announcement: http://on.fb.me/1w1cJi1
■④ Special Event Content
12/27 - 12/28 - ?????????????
■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 12/24 to 12/28!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
12/24 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
12/24 - Zeus Vulcan Descended!
12/25 - Hera-Ur Descended!
12/25 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
12/26 - Hera-Is Descended!
12/26 - Gaia Descended!
12/27 - The Goddess Descended!
12/28 - Mephisto Descended!
■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
12/19 - 12/28 - Rare Evo Materials
Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Cauchemar is next on the Descended roster

also KR is getting Valk super busties as well as Hera/Perseus today, so we should be seeing it soon

zoku88

Hey nice to see they're being used! Sorry they aren't max skilled yet. I promise I'm working on it :p.

Haha, I was thinking of trying to skill them a bit last weekend. Tried one run of that dungeon and got wiped on the 5th floor when I ran out of dark orbs D:

linsivvi

Why don't we get free tamadras instead of stones?

If you have 100 stamina, 1 stone roughly equals to 2 awakenings on Tamadra Retreat. If you have 150 stamina, 3 awakenings, and so on. No reason to ask for free tamadras ever again, unless it's on top of the free stones given.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you have 100 stamina, 1 stone roughly equals to 2 awakenings on Tamadra Retreat. If you have 150 stamina, 3 awakenings, and so on. No reason to ask for free tamadras ever again, unless it's on top of the free stones given.
.....well or you have less than 100 stamina.

linsivvi

.....well or you have less than 100 stamina.

Then a stone is still equal to an awakening, and more once stamina overflow comes. Still no reason to ask for it.

With 5 minutes refresh, if you are under 100 stamina you should be getting at least 3-4 ranks a day just from grinding tier 5 dungeons, perhaps more if you go to tier 6.

Althane

Scraped together enough for another roll, got meimei again. Sigh, was really hoping for Holiday Kirin.

Oh well, now I have meimei, haku, and kirin. Are the chibi girls as good in terms of leads as their bigger sisters? Do they make great subs? Or are they just fun looking trophies?

colinp

Banned
Are there any tricks to maximize xp from a dungeon?

I need 4452 till my next rank, and I want to run Super Metal Dungeon to rank up.

PADGuide gives the Super Metal Dungeon xp as 1552-2381 per run. I can run it twice, so how do I get 2381 xp each run as opposed to 1552?

Are there any tricks to maximize xp from a dungeon?

I need 4452 till my next rank, and I want to run Super Metal Dungeon to rank up.

PADGuide gives the Super Metal Dungeon xp as 1552-2381 per run. I can run it twice, so how do I get 2381 xp each run as opposed to 1552?

Wouldn't exp for a dungeon be based on who you actually fight?

colinp

Banned
You can still use the 12 natural stamina to finish a dungeon within the hour. Fire Forest Nerva costs 7 stamina and gives 1430-1801 xp. That should put you to the next rank.

http://tamadra.com/rank-up can help you plan out the last few exp.

Ooh great idea, thanks!

If you have the stamina for two runs, get your rank exp between 2382 and 3104 to rank up. That should guarantee a rank up in exactly 2 runs.

Just hope the posted exp range is correct :lol.

Exactly! But right now there's no reason to until I see how much xp the two runs give.

Exactly! But right now there's no reason to until I see how much xp the two runs give.
FWIW, I've never noticed a run that gave rank exp outside the posted ranges for supers. I use PDX though so not sure if PADguide uses the same numbers or not. The times when I have seen wrong numbers are the occasional biweekly.

jay23

Using stones on Tamadra Retreat or Village gives better return than a free Tamadra per day. And you can use them for something else besides awakenings.

Thanks guys, I need to hurry up and hit 100 stamina.

J0dy77

Can a GZL team tackle Hera comfortably? Or is that an Odin/Healer/Resist dungeon, and grind it out?

Gzl would breeze through the dungeon. Only risk would be heart skyfall. Hera is one of the easier dungeons, all fights are straight forward, no later descended mechanics like bind/skill block etc. Just be careful on Minerva, she'd be the only risk as a fire mob.

Got Dark Noel Dragon. Free Exp for Haku! (or Chibi Haku!)
Sweet. My second present was a +3ATK Light Noel.

Hera-Sowilo is a cakewalk for Minerva, or probably any of the Awoken Greeks. But the team I made below is incredibly synergistic. I use Belial over Rodin because having an extra row and skill boost isn't as helpful as another orb changer if needed. 8 row boosts is already plenty to kill everything. Plus he adds more RCV to an RCV-starved team.

First 4 battles, just charge skills. Kill the Black Baron with a Fire row. Use Ronia to take out Tornado Holy Dragon. On battle 6 kill the Blood Demons and recharge Ronia on Vamp Lord if you want since it's easy to do here. Battle 7, use Minerva to turn Dark to Fire and kill her with a couple of Fire rows. Battle 8, kill the Harpies normally. Ronia for Athena. Sowilo, stall for 5 turns then Ronia+Minerva+Shiva = OHKO.

F0xdiUm.jpg

Edit: Actually got invaded by Haku on my first run with this team. Since she's Dark, Minerva reduces her damage down to 25% also. Even her special attack is reduced to less than 11K. So still safe even if you get her below 20% on accident without killing her. But you should be able to pop Minerva and kill her with Fire easily once she's around 50%. It's crazy how Awoken Minerva comes with an orb change and defense breaker at a starting CD of 7. It's so good, especially if you get it down to 5.

J0dy77

Sweet. My second present was a +3ATK Light Noel.

Hera-Sowilo is a cakewalk for Minerva, or probably any of the Awoken Greeks. But the team I made below is incredibly synergistic. I use Belial over Rodin because having an extra row and skill boost isn't as helpful as another orb changer if needed. 8 row boosts is already plenty to kill everything. Plus he adds more RCV to an RCV-starved team.

First 4 battles, just charge skills. Kill the Black Baron with a Fire row. Use Ronia to take out Tornado Holy Dragon. On battle 6 kill the Blood Demons and recharge Ronia on Vamp Lord if you want since it's easy to do here. Battle 7, use Minerva to turn Dark to Fire and kill her with a couple of Fire rows. Battle 8, kill the Harpies normally. Ronia for Athena. Sowilo, stall for 5 turns then Ronia+Minerva+Shiva = OHKO.

Edit: Actually got invaded by Haku on my first run with this team. Since she's Dark, Minerva reduces her damage down to 25% also. Even her special attack is reduced to less than 11K. So still safe even if you get her below 20% on accident without killing her. But you should be able to pop Minerva and kill her with Fire easily once she's around 50%. It's crazy how Awoken Minerva comes with an orb change and defense breaker at a starting CD of 7. It's so good, especially if you get it down to 5.

Lu Bu/Ronia crushes this dungeon as well. Just use skills whenever you feel like. You can stall forever on almost every floor. I brought Drawn Joker just in case for extra heart orbs. So easy to heal through damage.

I'm up to 11 descended runs in a row without an invade. Driving me crazy.

colinp

Banned
After two super metal runs I had just 50 stamina still to go!!

Haha, jumped into something, leveled up quick and ran two more. Success!

Hige

Somebody tell me why I'm running mythical masks; I think my hit rate for Mystic Masks is better on expert
I seem to get more mystic masks on mythical. Plus, it never hurts to have ancient masks for skill ups or future evos. Everything seems to require jewels these days, though.

Actually I remembered that I have Hades on deck (when I beat Gaia Descended... someday) and random riders to ultimate, so I need a stock of masks to finish those.

Never really tried to honestly run Supergirl as a lead until Guan Yingping forced me to but now that I have she seems pretty solid. Might replace Ltron with her as my primary "brainless" leader if doing so doesn't catapult my PAL point gathering rate.

So I just did one more summon from this amazing Christmas REM and got a chibi Metatron and WTF?! I thought all chibis have low cost but Meta's is at 60, my account lvl is only 40 atm so I can't even use her even by herself lol. So my final haul from this REM:

Lailia
Chibi Karin
Chibi Meimei
Chibi Haku
Chibi Metatron
Holy Night Sakuya

I might buy 20 gems for 4 more pulls. These Chibis and rates are just too good for low lvl accounts to pass up.

ZeroAKA

So I just did one more summon from this amazing Christmas REM and got a chibi Metatron and WTF?! I thought all chibis have low cost but Meta's is at 60, my account lvl is only 40 atm so I can't even use her even by herself lol. So my final haul from this REM:

Lailia
Chibi Karin
Chibi Meimei
Chibi Haku
Chibi Metatron
Holy Night Sakuya

I might buy 20 gems for 4 more pulls. These Chibis and rates are just too good for low lvl accounts to pass up.
I personally would have stopped at Sakuya, but Chibi Ronia would make a great lead too.

Top Bottom