• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

While it would be nice to max skill some things for me yet seems silly on a blonia team which typically has so many skill reduction awakenings. With my current team blonia/blonia/blodin/blodin/bubblie/ blonia friend you have 14 skill boosts meaning a max blonia is up turn one.

For me it is just hard to dedicate stamina to evoing mobs. Would rather just feed the evoed ones and then others as fodder. It will be back and I am not in any rush.

Also did anyone see the new chibi three Kingdom rem? Going to pull a few and hope for a lubu. Have been pining for one since they were released and is the only card that I really desire.

- the main reason I would like a quick orb changer is for floor 1 dungeons and orb trolling.
- I have been using seig in this situation but the awakenings are crap.
- blonia is a great team for a bunch of the game but the damage sucks compared to almost any end game team.

- the mini 3k aren't super interesting to me *except* Zhao Yun - where has this mob been? with the change to big GGY to include dragons this might be the key piece to making a great great GGY team.

What's wrong with drinking a martini every night? Or, well, at least a little wine. ;)

Nothing if you don't have to get up at 0600 every workday - If I have one I'm very slow the next morning and I don't like it.

- I'm a little slow this morning.

smbu2000

Cleared Hera Is (on mythical for the plus 9 tamadra) and Zeus Dios for the first time on my main account. Surprisingly cleared Dios my first try at it. Now I just need to evolve my Hera Beorc and this Zeus Dios, then I can make my Awoken Ceres.

Cleared Athena for the first time on my secondary account. After doing the Thursday dungeon all day last week and all day today I finally got the extra three red dragon fruit I need for Ronia's ult. (already had 1 red fruit and the dark orb) now I'll just wait for that 2.5x skill up rate, to ult. her.

linsivvi

It's good that they gave us an extreme metal dragon, sucks for the people that need multiple of it though. Would've preferred to get the dungeon instead.

Now I just need 1 more blue orb to drop....

hermit7

- the main reason I would like a quick orb changer is for floor 1 dungeons and orb trolling.
- I have been using seig in this situation but the awakenings are crap.
- blonia is a great team for a bunch of the game but the damage sucks compared to almost any end game team.

I think that the damage is low as well compared to other teams (I also run a ronia/ronia/haku/d/f lucifer/ baddie/lubu friend and while the damage is much greater it doesn't have the ability to tank hits nearly as well.

(as an aside I have been running Blodin for the 1.5 hp and that has pushed me over 40k health with blonia friend allowing huge hits and decent recovery with blonia's 2.5 rcv

At first I thought that Valk was getting the short end of the stick with 2 Light enhances instead of an extra skill boost and TPA that the color Valks got. I'd still take the color Valk awakenings, but it isn't as lopsided as it first seemed with the buffs to enhanced orbs. Each additional enhance orb awakening increases enhance orb damage for the entire team. It used to be a joke awakening like TPA before they got buffed, but now it's pretty good, especially when completely changing the board to a single color.

linsivvi

At first I thought that Valk was getting the short end of the stick with 2 Light enhances instead of an extra skill boost and TPA that the color Valks got. I'd still take the color Valk awakenings, but it isn't as lopsided as it first seemed with the buffs to enhanced orbs. Each additional enhance orb awakening increases enhance orb damage for the entire team. It used to be a joke awakening like TPA before they got buffed, but now it's pretty good, especially when completely changing the board to a single color.

I just tested a 9 light enhanced orb Kirin team in endless corridor.

Kirin's attack went from 1370 to 2199. It will be 2344 once the wave 4 balancing comes in.

Lemon Dragon will be standard in my Kirin team now.

FZZ

Banned
I did one last roll on the Christmas Gacha and got another Valk. And so the saga of no Red Sonia on my main account continues.

Is having two valks on one team viable since they both have three two prongs?

Jagernaut

Special carnival starts tomorrow. I want red and dark valks.

1964917_976035455758380_8980183642467550796_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Hearts & Diamonds Collection*
[Duration]: 12/26 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 1/1 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

How’s your sleight of hand? With the Hearts & Diamonds collection, each monster is adept at turning the tides in their favor--at a moment’s notice!

This collection Features four of the Valkyries, in addition to new monsters such as the Gamble Mage and Chrono Turtle. All featured monsters are available at 3x rates, and at Lv30 or higher.

See below for the full lineup:

6★
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1270 Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1516 Lively Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

The mighty Valkyries arrive in their standard forms, but after a recent update, they have incredible new potential! Check here for details: http://on.fb.me/1C8KSSB

5★
1706 Red Sky Wizard, Chester

382 Marine Rider
384 Dragon Rider

1614 Fire Wizard, Laila
1616 Water Wizard, Sharon
1618 Wood Wizard, Leeza

555 Mochizuki Chiyome
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
563 Hattori Hanzo

4★
486 Gamble Mage (NEW)
488 Chrono Turtle (NEW)
Timeline Photos · 6 minutes ago ·
View Full Size

razterik

Merry Christmas everyone!

Was short a light jewel for super Valk evo, but a ten pull on the PAL machine gave me a lucky Christmas present. My first roll over 700 days ago is now leader worthy again.

Maybe doing 12 Christmas REM pulls to celebrate later. See if my luck holds, haha.

Got My UEVO finally and have her at 120+ eggs and will keep going. Desperately need Dmeta friends. I use Ronia as a back up.

also with the new carnival coming up I'm tempted to roll for a Dvalk but I'm a non iap player so am I better off holding off till there is a Ninja carnival cause I need a hanzo.

add me please.

ZeroAKA

Got My UEVO finally and have her at 120+ eggs and will keep going. Desperately need Dmeta friends. I use Ronia as a back up.

also with the new carnival coming up I'm tempted to roll for a Dvalk but I'm a non iap player so am I better off holding off till there is a Ninja carnival cause I need a hanzo.

add me please.
Hanzo is in the Carnival too.

razterik

What's the consensus for this? Are we getting it in the US or no? I'm sitting on 40 rolls and I can't get a jewel top drop top save my life. I've spent the last three days trying and haven't seen an invade.

Merry Christmas to all.

It's really good, actually. No real troll rolls and they are decent substitutes if you don't have the real thing. Free Lu Bu is still better than Baddie.

As for coming to NA, I think it's still a ways off. Needs translation and we are still a couple updates behind. I would love to be wrong, but we don't have any hints about PAL changes yet.

quin

What's the consensus for this? Are we getting it in the US or no? I'm sitting on 40 rolls and I can't get a jewel top drop top save my life. I've spent the last three days trying and haven't seen an invade.

Merry Christmas to all.
Im not sure if it will be available soon in the States, but it is running in conjunction with the two challenge dungeons so everyone can pull. I got 2 red guan yu, 2 lu bu and the blue girl.

The 2.5 skill up rate is a sham as well😅 0 for 11 so far...

J0dy77

It's really good, actually. No real troll rolls and they are decent substitutes if you don't have the real thing. Free Lu Bu is still better than Baddie.

As for coming to NA, I think it's still a ways off. Needs translation and we are still a couple updates behind. I would love to be wrong, but we don't have any hints about PAL changes yet.

I went ahead and pulled and immediately regretted it. Wound up with nothing. Oh well.

razterik

Agreed on 2.5x rate. Anyone expecting it to be more than marginally better will be disappointed.

I went ahead and pulled and immediately regretted it. Wound up with nothing. Oh well.

Well at least you probably have time to store up more rolls before it comes anyway.

Funny thing is JP has a 1 stamina gift dungeon right now that you can enter and quit to farm PAL points. Too bad I ran today's before discovering that trick.

Quantum

still not a single skill-up from gung ho collab this week (well one skill for anima - but who cares about that)

evo'n feeds for amon might break my resolve, at least I'll save a ton of cash if I decide to level my amon before pulling again.

I hope that the batman collab is coming back - I would prefer skilling hermes - but it looks like this game will be a pool of skill up shit work for the foreseeable future.

Epic Drop

Sorry to hear that quantum :( my skill up luck has been pretty good today. Got two on Anubis and one more on amon (level 4 now). Can't seem to get another one on ggy to save my life though!

I'm getting a ton of un evod amon fodder too which is nice. I farmed the original gung ho collab non stop and only ended up with 11 fodder the last time it was here, and I'm already over 25 this time. I absolutely despise trying to get that tier two blue mask though, so I'm not sure I'm resolved to actually evolve them....

hermit7

Where is the strength in a Pandora team? Been levelling subs for her but don't see the strength and viability.

Currently run ronia/ blonia for burst and uy for spike.

I did one last roll on the Christmas Gacha and got another Valk. And so the saga of no Red Sonia on my main account continues.

Is having two valks on one team viable since they both have three two prongs?

I feel the same, I really want mini Ronia, but no luck.

I did roll a chibi metatron and I'm pretty excited about that. I won't be rolling the Christmas REM anymore hahaha

Where is the strength in a Pandora team? Been levelling subs for her but don't see the strength and viability.

With skilled orb changers and a handful of skill boosts, you will have orb changes up on turn 1 to minimize orb trolling. Typically, the orb changers you use first will be available again by the time you've used your other orb change actives so you'll likely have a non-ending supply of orbs of your choice. And once you have the orbs available, making a row for 9x is simple and should wipe most trash floors (so stack row enhances as well).

Decent RCV, unresisted dark attribute, tons of great dark subs, and a built in skill lock resist are very nice bonuses on top of that.

Andromeda ult looks amazing so Pandora's ult will likely follow suit given Gungho's propensity for power creep and fan service.

razterik

It depends on sub selection, but Pandora's strength lies mostly in orb changes. With the right setup, you can destroy each floor with a single active or two. Basically it's easy row damage boards combined with the high ATK multiplier of a spike team.

I pulled the Christmas REM some more at the last minute. More times than I originally intended, of course, but I managed a few gems. Chibi Valk for her glorious triple two prong. Chibi Ronia will make a decent red/devil team substitute for a dupe of the real deal. Christmas Genie is still pretty useless, but hey, rare pull. Also a third Seiryuu and yet another dupe Kirin (why). Full set of the Chibi Chinese girls, which led to this:

Two dupes and 8 leftover chasers for 5/10. Almost tempted to dump +297 on her for laughs.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looking at the schedule it seems that the Valkyre Dungeon will be up tomorrow. I think i will give it a shot, it will be my first Descended dungeon. Maybe i can pull through Legend with U&Y if i have a bit luck...but i doubt it lol.

Looking at the HP i would have to pull off 5x at nearly every stage -.-

colinp

Banned
Looking at the schedule it seems that the Valkyre Dungeon will be up tomorrow. I think i will give it a shot, it will be my first Descended dungeon. Maybe i can pull through Legend with U&Y if i have a bit luck...but i doubt it lol.

Looking at the HP i would have to pull off 5x at nearly every stage -.-

Valk is a difficult descend, especially if it's your first. Have you done Heroes and Hera yet or do those not count anymore since they're always available...?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Valk is a difficult descend, especially if it's your first. Have you done Heroes and Hera yet or do those not count anymore since they're always available...?
Oh didn't know that, of she is considered difficult I won't do it and save stamina. I haven't done Heroes or Herald yet.... Is there a list where descends are ranked in difficulty? With all these events showing up its hard to figure out where to start.

Damn, the Meimei invade is tough with a U&Y team. I managed to scrape through, but I need one more and I might want to take a different team. Maybe a Bastet team would be good.

colinp

Banned
Oh didn't know that, of she is considered difficult I won't do it and save stamina. I haven't done Heroes or Herald yet.... Is there a list where descends are ranked in difficulty? With all these events showing up its hard to figure out where to start.

Maybe other posters can give good advice about the order, but definitely Hera or Heroes should be your first. There must be a list somewhere but I can't remember what I did after them.

The first descends you should attempt used to be two heroes and hera (now they are in the normal dungeon track available after starlight sanctuary)

If you have a U&Y team I think you might want to attempt hera-is legendary. You'll have enough damage, but you will need to kill everything on the first turn. Hera-is mythical is a pain in the rear end. But legendary isn't nearly as bad.

Another good one is satan descended, with a light focused U&Y. There are no heart orbs so you are more likely to hit the 25x multiplier to kill everything in one hit.

One last recommendation: Goemon descended, Should be relatively simple with a blue monster focused U&Y team.

These recommendations also are for if you have a kirin as well.

use Puzzledragonx to see if you have a team that might work for the dungeon before you enter it.

P.S.S. for anybody on JP, farm yourself some easy PAL points by repeatedly entering and quitting the 1 stamina Tama Surprise dungeon. It's almost like it was on purpose...

Cbajd5

Got a third Red Dragon Fruit yesterday from the dungeon and a fourth today from the PAL Machine so I finally ultimate evolved my Ronia, and finally pushed my way through the Friday mythical for the first time with Anubis and spending a stone and got a second Angelit so I ultimate evolved my Ra.

Now hopefully I can get through the Friday dungeon again and get a Devilit to ultimate evolve my Okuninushi. This time without spending a stone I hope...

hermit7

I already have 2 D/D Batman, Robin, and D/W Batman. I would like a D/L Batman but the odds are I would pull dupes instead.

Got a third Red Dragon Fruit yesterday from the dungeon and a fourth today from the PAL Machine so I finally ultimate evolved my Ronia, and finally pushed my way through the Friday mythical for the first time with Anubis and spending a stone and got a second Angelit so I ultimate evolved my Ra.

Now hopefully I can get through the Friday dungeon again and get a Devilit to ultimate evolve my Okuninushi. This time without spending a stone I hope...

What other cards do you have? I am running a ronia/ronia/lmeta/rodin/lilith/ friend lubu team that is around 90 percent reliable.

Cbajd5

What other cards do you have? I am running a ronia/ronia/lmeta/rodin/lilith/ friend lubu team that is around 90 percent reliable.

My PADHerder page.

I don't have a Rodin on this account and my Ronias are still under leveled. (Uevo'd one is one skill up away from being max skilled though. Got 3 skill ups during the Ultimate Evolution.)

Also I managed to get through it again, but I had to use stone and got another Angelit. If I'd gotten the combo I got after I used the stone a turn earlier I wouldn't have had to use the stone either...

P.S. Batcha is going to appear for a few days apparently. Call me crazy but I kind of want to roll for a Catwoman.
I want a batman, any batman, so I'll roll if true. My luck I'll just get another catwoman.

And I'm having a terrible day with the game today. Failed Hera dungeon twice, then failed spirit on expert because I wasn't paying attention.

Cbajd5

Wow, I'm about 0/15 on Ronia skill-ups. :/

it was a reward for my determination and like 10 blue/green fruits i got while trying to get 2 red fruits

if blonia needs 5 blue fruits for her ultimate evo i'm ready for that

also if i get a gronia and it needs 5 green fruits for it's ult evo i'm ready for that too

i actually had to get rid of green fruits i had so many

ZeroAKA

it was a reward for my determination and like 10 blue/green fruits i got while trying to get 2 red fruits

if blonia needs 5 blue fruits for her ultimate evo i'm ready for that

also if i get a gronia and it needs 5 green fruits for it's ult evo i'm ready for that too

i actually had to get rid of green fruits i had so many
It was worse for me, especially since I have possibly 4 Ronias to skill up... Not that I'll ever use all of them.

Jagernaut

I have 4 Ronias but only 1 is max skilled.

1 Ultimate Ronia
2 evolved Ronia
1 unevolved Ronia

My usual Ronia farming team is 3 Ronias, ultimate Hera-Ur, and D/D Haku with an ultimate Ronia friend. Haku is max skilled so she is up turn 1 and my ultimate Ronia is ready turn 5.

J0dy77

Fuck Gaia dungeon.

Gaia has to be the worst dungeon in this game. And it is clearly programmed to drop more light and red orbs. I wasted 3 stones leveling a devil team and restarting with nothing to show for it. I cannot stand low cost dungeons.

Normally I wouldn't care and would just skip it but she's all I need for ultimate hades.

/rant off

Top Bottom