• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Out of those subs, I'd go with FA Luci / Vamp / Persephone / Hanzo. Other notable subs are: Gronia (combos with Pandora for a full dark board), Ronia (combos with Hanzo for a full dark board), Byakko (combos with Hanzo for a mostly dark board and has 2 row enhances), DValk (same active as Vamp but vastly superior awakenings).

For the most part, just stack orb change actives, skill boosts, and dark row enhances. You already have 2 quick orb change actives and 1 medium speed orb change active for a bigger burst so you have a solid setup already. A full board change would be useful for clearing jammers and the like.

I would love to use Ronia or haku but unfortunately I dont have either one of them. i was actually thinking of subbing out one of the orb changers, probably persephone or vamp, for the grape dragon. I have him ready to be max leveled/max awokened, has his 2 row enhance + 2 orb enhance + 2 skill boosts + movement time seems way more useful than another orb changer, especially when I am running 4 others(2x pandora, hanzo, and either vamp/persephone) However, I really don't run pandora that often so I don't know if those are actually more useful than another low cd orb changer.

colinp

Banned
What fruit dragon should I get once gungho fixes glitch? I already have grape, should I go after strawberry?

We were talking about this the day before. I think we came to a general consensus that the best to have are grape, lemon or strawberry. If you've got them anything else is bonus/situational.

I would love to use Ronia or haku but unfortunately I dont have either one of them. i was actually thinking of subbing out one of the orb changers, probably persephone or vamp, for the grape dragon. I have him ready to be max leveled/max awokened, has his 2 row enhance + 2 orb enhance + 2 skill boosts + movement time seems way more useful than another orb changer, especially when I am running 4 others(2x pandora, hanzo, and either vamp/persephone) However, I really don't run pandora that often so I don't know if those are actually more useful than another low cd orb changer.
I run 5 orb changers on mine :lol. You can try out both versions and see which works best for you. But keep in mind that you need at least 6 dark orbs to activate the leader skill so if they dry up and you don't have an orb change active ready, you better be able to take a hit or two. If you can clear a bunch of trash orbs while you make your dark row to clear a floor, you might be able to avoid too many orb trolls.

The lack of hanzo is really holding back my Dmeta team. Pulled thre times in hopes to get him but bo luck.

Right now I'm Using Two haku's, DD batman/lillith, Vampire.

So I just learned in-dungeon that L.Kali's active doesn't clear hidden orbs like Orb Refresh does. Should have realized that earlier, but that's one thing Mastering does better, along with incrementing the skill counter on a skyfall match.

Doing some runs with Izanagi and wow, I wish there was a way to fit him, L.Kali, and Apollo on the same Sakuya team without getting rid of L.Meta. I love L.Kali's reset for orb-trolls and poison/jammers, but Izanagi + Apollo burst is damn awesome when you really need to OHKO an enemy and you're worried Apollo or Izanagi alone won't be enough.

razterik

I think the blind clear and counter increment is exclusive to Orb Refresh due to its mechanics since it literally drops a new board. Light Kali functions the same as any other full board changer, so it makes sense that she doesn't clear it. Hope it didn't cost you a dungeon clear.

I've had enough stamina all day and I can field a decent team to run Challenge 10, but every time I think about running into that ass Stratios, it makes me want to run something else instead.

I guess I should go finish off the dragon coin dungeons..

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Really digging the game now, felt lost a couple of weeks ago - but now the whole picture is clearer and its more fun working to reach some goals. Also doest hurt that i ranked up quite a bit and can use many/most units together in a team now.

Also pulled on the PAL machine again....and got 1 blue sacred mask, meaning i need just 1 green again and i can Ult Evo my 2nd U/Y, who knows when and if this will happen...but thats the first step. That also means no Mini Pal Machine gods for me...well cant have it all.

Kushi and Marine Rider are 2 other units that need the rare masks to evolve, but i cant bother with them right now. Just hope that the U/Y Healer team will at some point be able to farm those sacred masks.

Edit:

lol nvm - just looked again at Room of the Sacred Mask - Legend, messed up how difficult it is.

Really digging the game now, felt lost a couple of weeks ago - but now the whole picture is clearer and its more fun working to reach some goals. Also doest hurt that i ranked up quite a bit and can use many/most units together in a team now.

Also pulled on the PAL machine again....and got 1 blue sacred mask, meaning i need just 1 green again and i can Ult Evo my 2nd U/Y, who knows when and if this will happen...but thats the first step. That also means no Mini Pal Machine gods for me...well cant have it all.

Kushi and Marine Rider are 2 other units that need the rare masks to evolve, but i cant bother with them right now. Just hope that the U/Y Healer team will at some point be able to farm those sacred masks.

Edit:

lol nvm - just looked again at Room of the Sacred Mask - Legend, messed up how difficult it is.
I don't know if you have run it yet, but try to pick up a Grape Dragon from the gift dungeon. There's a fully farmable team you can put together (paired with a Lucifer friend) that makes Wednesday pretty easy.

cw_sasuke

I don't know if you have run it yet, but try to pick up a Grape Dragon from the gift dungeon. There's a fully farmable team you can put together (paired with a Lucifer friend) that makes Wednesday pretty easy.

:eek:

Can you maybe hook me up to a guide/link for that strategy ?

And yeah i have an unevolved Grape Dragon. Does the strategy also involves getting all of his Awakenings after the evo ?

J0dy77

are the the py's worth stoning for? I forgot about skill bind on dungeon 6 of the challenge and decided to use one stone just to finish it. One stone for guaranteed skill up seems worth it to me.

:eek:

Can you maybe hook me up to a guide/link for that strategy ?

And yeah i have an unevolved Grape Dragon. Does the strategy also involves getting all of his Awakenings after the evo ?
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37106&pid=494032#pid494032

I basically used this guide with Grape instead of Noel. Awakenings are not necessary. Vampire and Drawn Joker can be any dark monster with good HP and RCV. Heras don't need to be uvo'd. It may take a few runs to get used to it, and its a little tedious, but it worked fine for me.
are the the py's worth stoning for? I forgot about skill bind on dungeon 6 of the challenge and decided to use one stone just to finish it. One stone for guaranteed skill up seems worth it to me.
I plan on stoning for the Badpy if I need to. Every skill up on D/L Batman is crucial.

have they stated anything about the DBZ collab hitting the US?

I also am thinking about putting together this team here
https://www.padherder.com/user/IAmRandom31/teams/#106026;maxed

Thats them at max levels. 4x Gravity ( 3x 30% ). 65k health and 40k ATK with 2.1k RCV

Seems pretty potent. Would it be good enough to run some descends and maybe Sky Prison?

DBZ 1st collab hasnt even hit yet, so don't hold your breath. Probably licensing issues with the American license holders.

I really like the challenge dungeons. I couldn't get past level 3 the last time it was around, and I still can't get past it haha
I'm saving up my stones right now for Day 3 of the godfest coming up. I still want my Anubis and the series 2 of Egyptian gods. Mainly for collecting purposes lol
I made it to rank 97 this morning. I'm going to focus on normal and technical dungeons for now.

cw_sasuke

Googling around I found this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr...de_how_to_breeze_through_wednesday_mythicals/

Basically you're tanking waiting for Lucifer to charge.

Thanks, interesting but without Lucifer i can run/use the strategy right now. Still bookmarked.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37106&pid=494032#pid494032

I basically used this guide with Grape instead of Noel. Awakenings are not necessary. Vampire and Drawn Joker can be any dark monster with good HP and RCV. Heras don't need to be uvo'd. It may take a few runs to get used to it, and its a little tedious, but it worked fine for me.

Thats interesting. Maybe ill be able to farm these masks myself sooner than expected.

Just need to figure out if its worth the investment in exp at this point.

I have Santa Claus Hera, GZL Max skilled, 2x unevolved Kirins, 1x Mini Kirin, Grape Dragon unevolved.

So with a Rebel Seraph Lucifer friend and my Grape Dragon as leader. I have the base, but with the mixed attributes on my Gravity units i wont be able to take out masks reliable with mass attacks and i just have 1x 30% Gravity unit. Guess ill have to wait till i get some of the Dark Heras.

I really like the challenge dungeons. I couldn't get past level 3 the last time it was around, and I still can't get past it haha
I'm saving up my stones right now for Day 3 of the godfest coming up. I still want my Anubis and the series 2 of Egyptian gods. Mainly for collecting purposes lol
I made it to rank 97 this morning. I'm going to focus on normal and technical dungeons for now.

Cool, last time i got till lvl 3 - wanted to do the Tamadara but didnt felt strong enough. This time i will give it a go though.

jay23

Man the pys on challenge 5 are giving me a hard time. If I use Shiva would I be able to sweep floors 6-8 with active? Don't really know how it works.

Epic Drop

I did challenge modes yesterday. It was a nice break after farming Gung Ho collab non stop the whole time it was here.

I got through challenge floors 1-5 and 7 relatively easy with a B. Sonia team. I could probably clear 6 with B. Sonia if I had a fully skilled physical heart maker or two, like the blue toy dragon or a skilled amberjack. I don't think my Durga team is strong enough to take out floor 6, though not having to deal with hearts would make activation easier.

I really feel like I am so close to being able to get through challenge 8 and 9. If I had a way to deal with the first floor in challenge 8 without dying over and over waiting for Bubblie to come up, I would attempt it with my B. Sonia team - I'd just have to likely drop a stone to get past Raphael and one to deal with FA:L's dark bind. If I had a way to deal with Threedia I think I could get through challenge 9 pretty easily as well, but the 6 million health + elemental disadvantage is just way too much to overcome when I'd only have 5 turns to kill him.

Today I'm just spamming keeper of water over and over to evolve my lakshmi fodder. So far it hasn't led to a single skill up, and I'm about ready to call it quits XD I hate evolving skill up fodder.... it hurts SO much more when you don't get a skill up out of it after you invest so much work.

I've also decided that I'm going to save my GF rolls for the last day. I think that the Egyptian 2.0 gods would fit my play style really well. I love how tank-y B. Sonia is, but I find the play style somewhat boring and the damage super low. I love the play style of Karin and Durga, but I hate how fragile I feel. I think the Egyptian 2.0 gods sortof being slightly weaker combo/color match activated gods but with significant tanking ability would fit me perfectly. Hope I'm lucky enough to get one!

Man the pys on challenge 5 are giving me a hard time. If I use Shiva would I be able to sweep floors 6-8 with active? Don't really know how it works.

As long as you wipe the floor in a single shot, I believe the Shiva active carries to the next floor. That means that if you kill each floor in 6-8 with a single move, you will be all good, but if you mess up you'll lose the active. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

jiggle

Good idea, I would do the same if I roll a 2nd Haku. She is also easier to activate as a leader.
Thanks for the reply
I was regretting it for a little bit lol

Last spot I can't choose between draggie or dragon samurai
draggie active is better but dragon samurai has a more fitting element XD

Thanks, interesting but without Lucifer i can run/use the strategy right now. Still bookmarked.

Thats interesting. Maybe ill be able to farm these masks myself sooner than expected.

Just need to figure out if its worth the investment in exp at this point.

I have Santa Claus Hera, GZL Max skilled, 2x unevolved Kirins, 1x Mini Kirin, Grape Dragon unevolved.

So with a Rebel Seraph Lucifer friend and my Grape Dragon as leader. I have the base, but with the mixed attributes on my Gravity units i wont be able to take out masks reliable with mass attacks and i just have 1x 30% Gravity unit. Guess ill have to wait till i get some of the Dark Heras.

Cool, last time i got till lvl 3 - wanted to do the Tamadara but didnt felt strong enough. This time i will give it a go though.

I think you'll totally be able to surpass it. I am still trying to work on building an acceptable team. Maybe next time I'll be able to get through it! Haha :)

Jagernaut

Thanks for the reply
I was regretting it for a little bit lol

Last spot I can't choose between draggie or dragon samurai
draggie active is better but dragon samurai has a more fitting element XD

If you haven't skilled up Draggie I would use Dragon Samurai for the shorter cool down.

cw_sasuke

I think you'll totally be able to surpass it. I am still trying to work on building an acceptable team. Maybe next time I'll be able to get through it! Haha :)

I hope so too, would love to use GZL on it but the boss is fire - so ill try it with UY xD

btw.

Its crazy what a difference a month can make, just look at this post from end of November. Ever since then i started to play it more seriously.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140040841&postcount=1674

Was sub rank 70 back then, now im at Rank 130. Had a bunch of useless randoms as friends, now i have high rank Gaffers and compatible Leaders in my Friend List. I had frigging GZL and didnt use him...lol.

My U&Y team in November
Regular Team: Leader U&Y
Artemis, Manekimewdra ( for the HP and U&Y combo), Echidna, Moondragon D'spinas

and now

u_y8vsne.png

So i shall take this moment to thank PaD GaF for all the assistance, without the help i probably wouldnt be playing the game anymore or would just keep wasting stamina/time on BS
EWmof.gif

smbu2000

I agree with that. I also was taken out on level 6 and used 1 stone to continue. 1 stone is definitely worth it for a guaranteed skill up.

smbu2000

I hope so too, would love to use GZL on it but the boss is fire - so ill try it with UY xD

btw.

Its crazy what a difference a month can make, just look at this post from end of November. Ever since then i started to play it more seriously.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140040841&postcount=1674

Was sub rank 70 back then, now im at Rank 130. Had a bunch of useless randoms as friends, now i have high rank Gaffers and compatible Leaders in my Friend List. I had frigging GZL and didnt use him...lol.

My U&Y team in November

and now

So i shall take this moment to thank PaD GaF for all the assistance, without the help i probably wouldnt be playing the game anymore or would just keep wasting stamina/time on BS
EWmof.gif
Seeing your team makes me think I should try my own U&Y team. I have those same subs on my main account (including the second U&Y), but I've never really tried to use them. I'd like to use my recently created ult. Andromeda, but she gets rid of Light drops...

My main teams on this account are LHorus team and my LMeta healer team.

Seems like it could be useful for certain dungeons.

matt360

Can someone help me throw together a team to do Batman on Master? I'm rank 126 at the moment. I usually run an evo'd Ronia as my lead, two un-evo'd Ronia's as subs, a Vamp, and a King Baddie, with a busty'd Ronia friend. That won't cut it on this dungeon. I can get to the Joker just fine, but I needed to pop all of my Ronia skills just to take down Bane.

Here's my box: https://www.padherder.com/user/Matt360/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;boxatt,0

Also, if anyone has any advice for other high-level teams I could work on I'd appreciate it. I'm kinda getting bored with Ronia. I feel like it's making me worse at the game. I'm still interested in devils mostly though.

J0dy77

PSA: MAKE SURE YOU RUN GIFT OF THE WORLD TREE BEFORE MIDNIGHT PST.

They are resetting the dungeon because some people had a hard time getting it to run. Double fruit dragon goodness. I was lucky enough to get the lemon on first try this time around.

Also, if anyone has any advice for other high-level teams I could work on I'd appreciate it. I'm kinda getting bored with Ronia. I feel like it's making me worse at the game. I'm still interested in devils mostly though.

You have the perfect blue healer team in I&I, blue Valkyrie, Hatsume, Sun Quan, and Sharon, but it will take you effort to level everything up to an acceptable level. You've got a couple of green subs who will eventually gain prongs for you to build a Green Zhuge Liang team with, but again not something you can immediately build. If you want a little more challenge but still good firepower try messing around with DQXQ, who has a bazillion possible team builds so I'm not going to list subs, but it's something you can throw together pretty much immediately.

jay23

Can someone help me throw together a team to do Batman on Master? I'm rank 126 at the moment. I usually run an evo'd Ronia as my lead, two un-evo'd Ronia's as subs, a Vamp, and a King Baddie, with a busty'd Ronia friend. That won't cut it on this dungeon. I can get to the Joker just fine, but I needed to pop all of my Ronia skills just to take down Bane.

Here's my box: https://www.padherder.com/user/Matt360/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;boxatt,0

I ran that yesterday with

Lu bu/ vamp/ king baddie/ drawn joker/ ronia / uevo ronia friend

It was pretty easy honestly, just stall on bao fire fly if you need to. You have 3 ronias so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Your sub's just need some more levels on them. And you should really evo vamp so he gets devil Subtype.

I used ronia + king baddie on bane to 1 shot him. And lu bu + ronia to one shot joker.

And I know what you mean, thankfully I rolled a couple of combo leads during PC god fest. It makes the game a lot more fun and challenging.
Some other guys here can help you with team building I'm still a noob.

They are resetting the dungeon because some people had a hard time getting it to run. Double fruit dragon goodness. I was lucky enough to get the lemon on first try this time around.

Wait didn't it already get reset? I didn't see the dungeon yesterday but it's there today.

ZeroAKA

They're resetting the dungeon again?

Just got my Strawberry Dragon after restarting all day.

cw_sasuke

Oh so that explains why I can re-enter the Gift dungeon. So I got the Strawberry Dragon yesterday.... So now I can get another one? Cool, will try to get an evolved Lemon or Grape then.

Rekwest

I just past level 4 with a chibi L.Meta team.

matt360

You have the perfect blue healer team in I&I, blue Valkyrie, Hatsume, Sun Quan, and Sharon, but it will take you effort to level everything up to an acceptable level. You've got a couple of green subs who will eventually gain prongs for you to build a Green Zhuge Liang team with, but again not something you can immediately build. If you want a little more challenge but still good firepower try messing around with DQXQ, who has a bazillion possible team builds so I'm not going to list subs, but it's something you can throw together pretty much immediately.

Thanks! I just got the Sharon so I haven't messed around with her yet. Would another I&I friend be ideal there?

Anything I can do with a non-Ronia devil team?

I ran that yesterday with

Lu bu/ vamp/ king baddie/ drawn joker/ ronia / uevo ronia friend

It was pretty easy honestly, just stall on bao fire fly if you need to. You have 3 ronias so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Your sub's just need some more levels on them. And you should really evo vamp so he gets devil Subtype.

I used ronia + king baddie on bane to 1 shot him. And lu bu + ronia to one shot joker.

And I know what you mean, thankfully I rolled a couple of combo leads during PC god fest. It makes the game a lot more fun and challenging.
Some other guys here can help you with team building I'm still a noob.

Wait didn't it already get reset? I didn't see the dungeon yesterday but it's there today.

Yeah, my Vamp is ready to be evolved, but it'd make him too expensive for my current team. As soon as I have the team cost, he'll get the upgrade.

Thanks to you both for the advice!

linsivvi

Basically anyone who didn't run it the first time now gets 2 dragons and 2 stones. A bug that benefits newer players.

Got grape dragon on first try. Luck is with me today.

saichi

My U&Y team in November

and now

u_y8vsne.png

EWmof.gif

You have BERI GOODU luck with REM.

Epic Drop

Ended up with 10 keepers of water after farming all day today. Evolved five penguins and fed them to Lakshmi. Not a single skill up.

Nothing to show for a full days "work" except for some empty box space and five plus eggs :/

This skill up process to going to be taxing, I can already tell. I'm already so tired of running keeper of water... Wish it wasn't 10 floors...

Only 130 more runs to go... Plus another 40 for amon skill ups...

Omg ><

Heads up since the dungeons are coming up later this week, both Athena and Dragon Zombie have updated lower cooldowns. So if you had them maxed before, you may want to skill them up to their new max levels. I just happened to noticed none of my Athena friends were max skilled, then checked mine and realized what happened. Just luckily noticed Dragon Zombie, too.

Noaloha

Just hit Rank 120 yesterday and managed to squeak out the last skill-up to max Echidna. Feeling pretty good. With a recent stone bonus for 60 days' play, plus all the stones that have been thrown at our feet recently, I'd managed to stockpile 40 or so of them. Figured I'd roll today!

1st roll: Umi&Yama !
Awesome!

And, to celebrate that great first roll, I chose to continue my good luck by using my following rolls to score myself +100 box space and +50 friend slots. That's right P&D, I know your tricks, and I ain't falling for them.

It will take a while before I can level up any sort of U&Y team (though I already have a Yomi and Sun Quan), but I'm still looking for extra friends. I've made it this far with a Fire/Light Leilan, a Light/Wood Odin and a Fire/Dark Shiva.

If anyone runs Leilan, or Attacker buffing leads, or Fire attribute buffing leads (or wants a future U&Y friend) send me an invite on 324,541,344.

zoku88

Heads up since the dungeons are coming up later this week, both Athena and Dragon Zombie have updated lower cooldowns. So if you had them maxed before, you may want to skill them up to their new max levels. I just happened to noticed none of my Athena friends were max skilled, then checked mine and realized what happened. Just luckily noticed Dragon Zombie, too.

Did that update with 100% skillup chance with max lvl'd monsters get pushed to the NA yet?

Top Bottom