• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

saichi

Beelzebub slots D/D Haku really well (She is a great sub for any dark devil teams). I love using my Ronia, and Teaming with an Ultimate Beelzebub is just easy street for some descends. It is like running the old 2/4/2 mono color teams of old. The main difference is that when paired with a Ronia, you can use her active to get the row attacks which add so much to the damage. Not sure if Pandora is a Devil, but if she is it may make sense to work on her as well.

Awoken Minerva - Minerva is practically worthless without being awoken, however once awoken she can be very useful on a devil team, even a dark focused one, if you need armor break (50% saved my butt on an enormous Metal Dragon invade). Having a good multiplier AND the 50% damage reduction is just icing on the cake. I max skilled her, used two Flampy's to do it.

I am a strong believer in the devil teams, makes farming easy, and works through a lot of descends. As far as the new "TOP" descends, you may need to hold out hope on a 25x+ lead. I know I have had to skip some descends because I just can't do them (still can't do Hera Rush and most of the top challenges).

Thanks.

Problem with the Devil team is that I don't have Lu Bu, Persephone or Hades though. :(

Thanks.

Problem with the Devil team is that I don't have Lu Bu, Persephone or Hades though. :(

I have the Persephone and hades and I don't use them (well I plan to use hades once I awaken him). Big players on mine are d/d Haku, devil shiva, and FA Luci. Sub in King baddie, awoken minerva, and dancing hera-ur as needed.

Hige

I have most/all of the good LKali subs including Fuma, but no LKali. :(

Also, if anyone wants my 3 Blonias for just 1 damn Rodin, I'll trade. I don't have a Blodin so I've never used Blonia. I feel like water teams are really REM dependent and hard to skill (Hermes/Fenrir Knight) in general, so I never use them except for U&Y sometimes.

Also, if anyone wants my 3 Blonias for just 1 damn Rodin, I'll trade. I don't have a Blodin so I've never used Blonia. I feel like water teams are really REM dependent and hard to skill (Hermes/Fenrir Knight) in general, so I never use them except for U&Y sometimes.
Blodin-less Blonia teams are probably not mythical descend-worthy without a bunch of +eggs but they can at worst handle biweekly dungeons and the like. You really just need one good water/physical RCV stat stick to keep the team alive. Lesser REM options like Isis, Neptune, Amon, Snow White, Megalodran all work (you're bound to get one of these if you keep rolling in water galas). Farmable stuff like B/D Vamp and Top Droidragon can also work in a pinch. Then you can fill out the rest of the lineup with Siegfried, Bubblie, and Leviathan. With extra Blonias, you can swap out Leviathan and maybe Siegfried for more skill boosts and board changes.

Hige

I have Amon, which is the closest you can get to a Blodin RCV substitute I suppose, and the other subs you listed. The thing is, I don't really want to run a Blonia team for any particular reason, so I'm just grousing about not getting a preferred 6 star godfest exclusive. :p I want Rodin for speed farming, general poison utility, and for my fire-focused teams.

Most of my water subs are underleveled/skilled, and the main draw of a Blonia team for me (high HP tankiness) is not even a factor now that I frequently use a Beelz/Ronia team for descends. The step down in ATK power is pretty big, too, so it's just not worth the effort for me given my alternatives.

J0dy77

What is the best monster to try to level up Ultra(30%) Gravity for?

Depends on the team. I maxed hera-is first for my kirin and horus teams. I'm casually working on dq hera now for devil teams. Those I would say are the two best candidates.

colinp

Banned
Damn, finished Challenge 6 by the grace of... Kirin? Thought I was out but managed to pull through. Glad to finally get a Shynpy, but don't think I'll be able to go any higher.

Just hit 200 days! I've really enjoyed playing the full non-IAP approach from scratch. Weirdly I think this account is much better than my old, heavy IAP account (which I've pretty much set aside at this point), but that probably has to do with how the game has evolved (5 min stamina, more REM exclusives, etc).

I think we're about due for a big change, something on the level of adding awakenings. I guess the PvP mode they have been teasing could be it, but I don't know. Then again, I was really underwhelmed by awakenings when they first arrived.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yep. Basically anyone with a full board change is useful in those situations

As a sub, Karin's good for mono-blue teams. Blonia, Sarasvati, Andromeda, etc.

The only somewhat popular leader is Haku due to her synergy with dark. Leilan and Karin need a lot of help from the REM/plus eggs to take out higher level stuff and I don't know if people even try with Meimei. Even with the best subs, they aren't going to come close to a stacked U&Y team so I wouldn't really mess with Karin unless you just want to play her for fun.

Sounds about right, there is no benefit right now to another Karin/Water team right now -. not to mention that beefing her up would take a while again.

Challenge 5 got way more difficult with these high metal dragons. What did you guys use against them?

Seems like I have to do an 8+ combo just to one shot them.

I thought i was the only one struggling there...High Metal Dragons and synched Py Enemies are trouble... :-/

Really need to level up Droid Dragon, Ra and Lillith for these events.

Just hit 200 days! I've really enjoyed playing the full non-IAP approach from scratch. Weirdly I think this account is much better than my old, heavy IAP account (which I've pretty much set aside at this point), but that probably has to do with how the game has evolved (5 min stamina, more REM exclusives, etc).

I think we're about due for a big change, something on the level of adding awakenings. I guess the PvP mode they have been teasing could be it, but I don't know. Then again, I was really underwhelmed by awakenings when they first arrived.

If you dont mind me asking...why did you abandon your old an start a new account ? PaD doesnt seem like the game where you benefit from starting a new Account after you are invested in one. Or are you just looking for that Non IAP "challenge" ?

J0dy77

I thought i was the only one struggling there...High Metal Dragons and synched Py Enemies are trouble... :-/

Really need to level up Droid Dragon, Ra and Lillith for these events.

TPA is your best friend for these guys. A TPA match and 5 or 6 combos is usually enough. If you include a same color match as TPA it's guaranteed.

cw_sasuke

TPA is your best friend for these guys. A TPA match and 5 or 6 combos is usually enough. If you include a same color match as TPA it's guaranteed.

You are just talking about the Dragons now right ? Ok i will try to keep that in mind, i read a FAQ earlier and didnt realize before that every addition combo you make adds like another 25% to the main dmg...thats nuts. I have been lazy when it comes to combos so i really need to step up my game.

For example, i only used to do exactly 4 orbs for TPA and had trouble with many enemies...i was thinking like..erm i though that team is supposed to be a powerhouse with TPA ? ..... But it seems 1x TPA combos and multiple regular combos is the better way than just going for 2x TPA for example, depending on the situation.

razterik

Korea is only getting 7.3, which means we're likely to follow, which means
1) no stamina overflow
2) what the heck
http://pad.neocyon.com/W/notice/view.aspx?id=330

At least coin dungeon clear notifications are in?

That clear notification is way overdue. Can only hope we get another quick update to take us to 7.4 since I am really reluctant to stone for stamina knowing overflow is coming.

We should get Goetia and Ars Nova soonish since Goetia has a skill up in North Star collab. Also Wee Jas, Gamble Mage and Raoh. Guess I won't be running this much at all.

Star Vault today. Check your times since it's a lot earlier than normal.

jay23

I know I've just started playing compared to most of you guys but has there been a clear explanation as to why we're so behind on updates? I wouldn't mind waiting a week or two, but most of the time we see something cool and have to wait 3 months.

If you dont mind me asking...why did you abandon your old an start a new account ? PaD doesnt seem like the game where you benefit from starting a new Account after you are invested in one. Or are you just looking for that Non IAP "challenge" ?
Basically, I quit because I had beaten pretty much all the available content, maxed all my main monsters, and was pretty much just +egg or skill up grinding everyday, which was boring with no other goals to aim for. I also felt like the game was stagnating, especially when the big awakening update felt so underwhelming. So when I (finally) got a smart phone, I decided to start a new account, rather than jump back into the endgame grind.

razterik

I know I've just started playing compared to most of you guys but has there been a clear explanation as to why we're so behind on updates? I wouldn't mind waiting a week or two, but most of the time we see something cool and have to wait 3 months.

Clear explanation? No. But I assume it's a combination of translation time, small staff development priorities, and the much lower NA revenue stream. We are far better off now than we used to be, where 5+ month delay was common.

Emptied out about a dozen friend spots today of people over 10 days. Will take some random adds if anyone needs me. Usually have up hyper max Ronia and +297 Dancing Queen Hera-Ur. Occasionally hyper max Pandora, Blonia, Awoken Minerva, +297 ultimate Dark Tron and ultimate D/B Batman.

seady

I have Amon, which is the closest you can get to a Blodin RCV substitute I suppose, and the other subs you listed. The thing is, I don't really want to run a Blonia team for any particular reason, so I'm just grousing about not getting a preferred 6 star godfest exclusive. :p I want Rodin for speed farming, general poison utility, and for my fire-focused teams.

Most of my water subs are underleveled/skilled, and the main draw of a Blonia team for me (high HP tankiness) is not even a factor now that I frequently use a Beelz/Ronia team for descends. The step down in ATK power is pretty big, too, so it's just not worth the effort for me given my alternatives.

I have Amon and I really want to use him for my Blonia team, but he is so damn hard to skill up.

L.Kali is the best fucking thing in the goddamn game. Sorry Kirin :(
As someone who finally hypermaxed my entire Sakuya team, if I could do it over again, I'd do a LKali team instead. But Sakuya is still great, top-5 imo. And her active is not strictly worse than LKali's. Double 10-turn 20% gravities is still very useful. Not just for weakening bosses but it's more versatile than many realize. You can whittle down low HP/high DEF enemies whose attacks grow bigger each turn, meaning you don't have to bring a defense breaker or damage reducer to survive and kill them. And you can use it to more easily manage the health range of enemies, especially dual-element enemies. But running LKali means you don't need to use up a slot for a board-changer, which is a huge boon. So many times I wish I could add one more team member to my Sakuya team, then it'd be perfect. But I always have to sub something out for a specific utility and I love every member of the default team.

i read a FAQ earlier and didnt realize before that every addition combo you make adds like another 25% to the main dmg...thats nuts.
It's not multplicative to the overall damage if that's what you're thinking. So it's not like an extra combo multiplies total damage by 1.25 and so on. Think of each combo as just an additional on-color orb for each monster that deals damage. I know that may still be confusing, but such is PAD calculations. =P

Then again, I was really underwhelmed by awakenings when they first arrived.
I feel you on this. Awakenings ended up being way more game-changing then I initially thought.

J0dy77

As someone who finally hypermaxed my entire Sakuya team, if I could do it over again, I'd do a LKali team instead. But Sakuya is still great, top-5 imo.

What's your top 5 ranking these days George? We haven't really discussed the best in game since the introduction of Kali.

In no particular order, my guess at a top 5 would be the three 5x leads worth a damn (sorry, Durga) with Ronia and Dmeta in the other two spots. Awful tough to leave off Pandora though.

The step down in ATK power is pretty big, too, so it's just not worth the effort for me given my alternatives.
That's how I feel about a number of my teams. Why invest in ____ when ____ gets the job done more efficiently? I really enjoy have a variety of leads to keep things becoming too stale though. If I focused heavily on one team, maybe I'd get better results lol.

hermit7

Thoughts on feeding my max blonia with 100 plus eggs to beelzebub?

Have two dupes of blonia one of which is maxed. And my blonia team is really lagging in comparison to my uy and ronia. And with the extra hp I will get the bonuses while still having consistent damage.

razterik

Pandora is a better leader than Dark Tron, even after the ultimate. HP management is too irritating on most recent dungeons. Although Andromeda is giving Pandora a run for her money right now.

Awakenings were mostly terrible in the beginning. It wasn't till things got loaded up with multiple rows and skill boosts that the system really exploded.

Thoughts on feeding my max blonia with 100 plus eggs to beelzebub?

Max skill? Save it and farm plus eggs next 5x tech or Star Vault. 100 eggs isn't really that much anymore.

cw_sasuke

Basically, I quit because I had beaten pretty much all the available content, maxed all my main monsters, and was pretty much just +egg or skill up grinding everyday, which was boring with no other goals to aim for. I also felt like the game was stagnating, especially when the big awakening update felt so underwhelming. So when I (finally) got a smart phone, I decided to start a new account, rather than jump back into the endgame grind.

Okay that makes sense +1 respect, dont know if could just restart with a new Acc after i have invested as much in a first one. But then again i dont see myself doing a crazy amount of runs for skill-ups and co. - thats a bit too much for me.

Didnt knew that Awakenings werent there from the beginning...i cant even imagine how Units like U&Y would play like without TPA and other enhancements.

It's not multplicative to the overall damage if that's what you're thinking. So it's not like an extra combo multiplies total damage by 1.25 and so on. Think of each combo as just an additional on-color orb for each monster that deals damage. I know that may still be confusing, but such is PAD calculations. =P

Yeah thanks i think i got it know...played around in the Endless Corridors earlier and think i can predict the possible damage a bit better know. Pulling of a TPA combo + 5-6 regular ones isnt easy though....

Jagernaut

I don't have Pandora but I do have DTron. Pandora is really strong but is better in shorter dungeons. When you use up all your orb changers, your damage is terrible and you have to stall for them to be back up. It's hard to get enough dark orbs just from skyfalls/clearing the board. DTron has to manage hp but can clear trash mobs with just 3 dark orbs.

Alrighty, got all of my green flower dragons that I wanted. Going to spend the rest of the day trying to get keeper of rainbows to drop!

J0dy77

Ruins of the Star Vault at an actually decent time (1:30pm for me)? What is this madness?

1 stone + 1 level up = 20 + eggs. Good stuff.

Planned the stamina poorly and had to dump some before the level up.

cw_sasuke

To be honest the only think i have been working on was getting a team ready that can beat Wednesday Mask dungeon (even if i have to orb for it once). I havent tried it yet and the team isnt finished yet...but...for Max-Skill lock since cant Ult Evo Marine Rider right now, i can only bring 1 orb changer with me.

How would you rate my chances with that GZL team ?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.2..231.45.4.0.0.0.1..1373.99.1.99.99.99.5..

I will definitely luck to survive the first floor, goal would be to take out Blue Evo Mask first and then kill the rest in the 2nd turn.

Floor 2 should be somehow manageable in 8 turns with a bit luck. Floor 3...well need as well hope for enough green orbs. If my HP are below 80% i could use 1 GZL active here and kill them off with 60K def.

Floor 4, another GZL active and hoping to hit them for more than 100k and kill all.

Final Floor, well its kill or be killed here as well. 1x GZL Active, ADK orb-change if possible (lol) and hope to somehow for hit more than 1 million.

What do you guys think ?

The only thinks i could wait for is +2 Skill Up Awakenings on the 2nd GZL, leveling the units further up for more HP, Ult Evo Kushi/ADK..... but this wont change much in general, so yeah. With Ult Evo Marine Rider as a Skill Lock Unit and Orb changer this would be quite a bit easier...but guess what i need theses Masks to Ult Evo him xD

Well that's why multiplier leads were king back then.

Heh interesting to see the evolution of the game.

Both Pandora ans Dtron requires REM mobs to make a good team, right?
To tackle descends? Yeah.

But I think you could complete mid-tier content with something like Dmeta/DD Tiamat/DL Lilith/Vampire/CDK/Dmeta. A farmable Pandora team would be tougher since Vampire and CDK are really the only viable fast orb changers to choose from unless you use Hamahime and her garbage stats.

Basically, both teams need rows, skill boosts, and orb changers. The REM subs tend to have multiple of these in a single card so it's easier to stack more of these on to the team. Your farmable options are lucky if they can do more than one of those things at once.

How would you rate my chances with that GZL team ?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.2..231.45.4.0.0.0.1..1373.99.1.99.99.99.5..

I will definitely luck to survive the first floor, goal would be to take out Blue Evo Mask first and then kill the rest in the 2nd turn.

Floor 2 should be somehow manageable in 8 turns with a bit luck. Floor 3...well need as well hope for enough green orbs. If my HP are below 80% i could use 1 GZL active here and kill them off with 60K def.

Floor 4, another GZL active and hoping to hit them for more than 100k and kill all.

Final Floor, well its kill or be killed here as well. 1x GZL Active, ADK orb-change if possible (lol) and hope to somehow for hit more than 1 million.

What do you guys think ?

The only thinks i could wait for is +2 Skill Up Awakenings on the 2nd GZL, leveling the units further up for more HP, Ult Evo Kushi/ADK..... but this wont change much in general, so yeah. With Ult Evo Marine Rider as a Skill Lock Unit and Orb changer this would be quite a bit easier...but guess what i need theses Masks to Ult Evo him
Uvo Kush and ADK will help with floor 2; you can easily clear the floor before your eight turns are up.

On the final floor you should soften up the blue mask a little before bursting away; I don't know if it's possible to break its defense.

You might want to consider pairing with a Bastet instead of another GZL, it would help with floors 3 and 4.

cw_sasuke

Uvo Kush and ADK will help with floor 2; you can easily clear the floor before your eight turns are up.

On the final floor you should soften up the blue mask a little before bursting away; I don't know if it's possible to break its defense.

You might want to consider pairing with a Bastet instead of another GZL, it would help with floors 3 and 4.

Hmm...on the PDX page it says the mask has 1 mil def and 35 HP ...so if i hit for more than 1 million i should be able to OHKO both masks. Or am i missing something ? But then again it all depends on what kind of board i will have on the final floor. Will probably need like 2-3 TPAs and combos...

I think i need the GZL friend to OHKO the masks on the final floor. I dont have the HP or RCV with my team to trade hits with those masks (9K per Round).

Edit:
Just realized that with current setup my ADK wont be ready on floor 1 if i get orb trolled - need 1 more Awkening for my 2nd GZL ...aargh: The dream is dead.

razterik

Hi, guys, any viable team to conquer Challenge Lv8 w/o stoning for me?

My box: https://www.padherder.com/user/MathChief/monsters

I want to tell you to use Awoken Ceres with Green Odin and Kushi, but you are missing a big burst from a Genbu or Gronia. You could try a Parvati(or Angelion)/Guan Yu combo, but that might not be enough burst without luck.

Other option is Kirin with standard subs, but you have to work around or power through Michael. Basically combo hard the whole way through. Risky, but possible.

ZeroAKA

Go home, P&D, you're drunk.
IL81Vd2.jpg

am_dragon

Starry View Lane must be broken, I've had great luck there every other time I ran it. 2 stones worth, I averaged 1+ per 90 stamina. I had better results with the 2x Tuesday dungeons. Did the rate get reduced after the stamina change?

Shit. I had set an alarm for the starry dungeon, hit the off button when it went off and then completely forgot about it! I was in the middle of eating lunch/dinner :(

Top Bottom