• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

I only got 11 plusses in 9 runs, below average for me.

Got about 18 in the same amount. Pretty decent overall.

Are plus eggs really worth it? Been playing Almost a year and a half and haven't ever farmed for them. As a result j have too many cards with pluses and no 297

tr4656

Got about 18 in the same amount. Pretty decent overall.

Are plus eggs really worth it? Been playing Almost a year and a half and haven't ever farmed for them. As a result j have too many cards with pluses and no 297

Yes, they can give you the boost you need to beat a dungeon.

I know they aren't as hyped as the Sonia's, but I like the Norns. Would really love to roll Verdandi since I have a good green focused team for her.

Agreed. I would love a Skuld or an Urd. I have great TPA subs for both of them.

I got:

Verdandi/Liu Bei/Sasuke/Artemis/Gronia/GGY as notable potential subs. Not so many G/F, but at least half the team would have sub fire.

edit: Also Mei Mei makes a great sub. I'd probably do: Verd/Liu Bei/Mei Mei/Artemis/GGY/Verd

Maid

Banned
I know they aren't as hyped as the Sonia's, but I like the Norns. Would really love to roll Verdandi since I have a good green focused team for her.

I would say most of my friendlists have switched over to Athena. The Athena hype is even crazier. Now I have 20 Athena on my list with only 4 Ronia.

jiggle

I'm working on Verdandi - Blue Knight Muse - Liu Bei - Liu Bei - Freyja
not many G/R options
wish i had kept my earth dragon

not sure if I really need blue knight there
or put in somone like Guan Yinping or Green Guan Yu

bigger problem is finding Verdandi friends lol
80% of my list consists of ronia athena and lubu

Hige

I rolled Verdandi and I'm working on her as a side project. They seem fun, but my biggest issue with leads like that is having to find enough friends that also run them. I wish we could put up more leaders, since I feel like my pal points would take a nosedive if I used her. She should be really good once the Liu Bei uevo comes out, I can't wait.

tr4656

It's no RCV. So Angelion/Green Odin/Athena instead of Valk would be better.
Oh right.
Totally agree but I can't roll any Norns.
I would say most of my friendlists have switched over to Athena. The Athena hype is even crazier. Now I have 20 Athena on my list with only 4 Ronia.

It's just because Athena is easy although I would say Beelzebub is better in term so farmable leads.

I got:

Verdandi/Liu Bei/Sasuke/Artemis/Gronia/GGY as notable potential subs. Not so many G/F, but at least half the team would have sub fire.
Urd I guess would involve Awoken Hino, then some mixture of Laila, Chiyome, Dino Rider, and Flamie probably. I also have Cao Cao, so his future uvo will also probably be a good fit.

My Skuld team would look like U&Y, BValk, Starling, LZL. I don't have Hrungnir yet, but he would take that last slot, unless I got ahold of Muse. I plan on trying using Starling as a leader if I never get Skuld. The recovery is overkill as is, and I could throw Blodin in there for some big HP.

But I agree with Hige, they aren't exactly popular on my friends list right now.

There is always a farmable leader who gets extremely popular as a framing leader. First it was ADK, then Valk. Right now its Athena, though Beelzebub is quickly becoming a contender.

I'm working on Verdandi - Blue Knight Muse - Liu Bei - Liu Bei - Freyja
not many G/R options
wish i had kept my earth dragon

not sure if I really need blue knight there
or put in somone like Guan Yinping or Green Guan Yu

bigger problem is finding Verdandi friends lol
80% of my list consists of ronia athena and lubu

Padforum has a thread for Verdandi somewhere in the guides section (I think Under Approval section). They are scrambling to find friends. You might be able to get a good amount by going there.

Athena
Verche
Mei Mei
Izanagi
Apollo or God Valk

All I'm missing is Izanagi............................. is Athena really THAT good?

jiggle

Athena
Verche
Mei Mei
Izanagi
Apollo or God Valk
Hmm I can make do with
Athena
Verche
Apollo
Chibi mei mei
Blue knight muse

Does does Athena team compare to ronia?
Outside of dark dungeons

Padforum has a thread for Verdandi somewhere in the guides section (I think Under Approval section). They are scrambling to find friends. You might be able to get a good amount by going there.
Thanks
Gonna have to look into that once I have everything evolved

I got:

I just rolled one but not sure how to use it. Of those subs, I only have Sasuke and Artemis. Guess I could use Avalon instead of Gronia and GZL instead of Liu Bei. Or maybe shoehorn Ceres in there somewhere...

I just rolled one but not sure how to use it. Of those subs, I only have Sasuke and Artemis. Guess I could use Avalon instead of Gronia and GZL instead of Liu Bei. Or maybe shoehorn Ceres in there somewhere...

The great thing about the Norns are that they are super flexible. Moreso than the Sonias I think, if only because they go by color rather than type.

GZL and Liu Bei can both be used together if you ever roll them. In fact the big whale team I've seen is: Verdandi/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/GZL/GZL/Verdandi.

You can go two prong, or rows, or both. You can also ignore the whole fire sub element thing. You'll have less HP but it isn't too huge a deal probably except for some dungeons.

Verdandi/Sasuke/Artemis/GZL/Avalon/Verdandi sounds good.

Crunching the numbers in PADGuide, at max level and everyone +297 you have: 34k HP, 3.8k RCV, a whole fuckton of orb change, 8 skill boosts, 4 green rows, 4 green enhance, 60% skill bind resist, 6 two prong. Sounds really good.

Maid

Banned
Tfw you lack Izanami and thus can't jump on the Athena hype train.

I have no Izanagi or Izanami. My team has always been Athena, Light Valk, Verche, Mei Meimei, Kirin, and I'm doing fine with almost all descend.

Although I seriously need a god enhance soon, and my team is terrible against bind. Most of my team's damage output come from Athena only anyway so I really need survival team to support them.

I have no Izanagi or Izanami. My team has always been Athena, Light Valk, Verche, Mei Meimei, Kirin, and I'm doing fine with almost all descend.

Although I seriously need a god enhance soon, and my team is terrible against bind. Most of my team's damage output come from Athena only anyway so I really need survival team to support them.

But if you lack a god enhance why not just use a Kirin team?

Maid

Banned
But if you lack a god enhance why not just use a Kirin team?

Well, I just like her, together with the visual effect of TPA and their sound they are making, lol. There is no deep reason. I have a proper Kirin team for thing that's really hard to beat, or the like of Noah dungeon.

quin

If you are playing the JP version of P&D don't forget to vote(for dark metatron) for the next mura collaboration. The top four Godfest exclusive Gods will drop at 4x rates.

you can access it from the game by using the bottom menu.

その他 -> アンケート(2月9日10時まで!)

tr4656

Well, I just like her, together with the visual effect of TPA and their sound they are making, lol. There is no deep reason. I have a proper Kirin team for thing that's really hard to beat, or the like of Noah dungeon.

You could still do TPA Kirin with Athena and Verche as sub.

If you are playing the JP version of P&D don't forget to vote(for light kali) for the next mura collaboration. The top four Godfest exclusive Gods will drop at 4x rates.

you can access it from the game by using the bottom menu.

その他 -> アンケート(2月9日10時まで!)
ftfy

Jagernaut

From puzzleanddragonsforum:

Unknown_PC
02-04-2015, 03:36 AM
NA iOS update for v7.3 is out.

Chibi 3K and North Star REM machines are in. North Star BGMs (#33/34) are in the NA client as well.

I already burned through my pal points thinking the chibi 3k weren't coming any time soon. Sucks.

Clear explanation? No. But I assume it's a combination of translation time, small staff development priorities, and the much lower NA revenue stream. We are far better off now than we used to be, where 5+ month delay was common.

Emptied out about a dozen friend spots today of people over 10 days. Will take some random adds if anyone needs me. Usually have up hyper max Ronia and +297 Dancing Queen Hera-Ur. Occasionally hyper max Pandora, Blonia, Awoken Minerva, +297 ultimate Dark Tron and ultimate D/B Batman.

I sent you a friend invite.

smbu2000

Well I used all of the stones I had saved up (70) and got all silver. Decided to buy some as I am a big HnK fan and my first pull after that:
IMG_4419ken_zpsysplzlr0.jpg

2 pulls later and:

Very happy as I was able to get the two that I wanted. Raoh and Kenshiro were the two I wanted most (in that order.) Tried a little after that and completed my silver collection, but I don't think it's worth it to try and get Toki. I hope there is a part two coming sometime later (with additional characters), so I can try again.

The dungeon is not so bad either. I can go through it with my Vegeta team without too much hassle. Still hoping I can get some Raoh skill ups to drop. Probably going to spend the whole two weeks just playing the highest difficulty level, hehe.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great to read smbu2000, especially a fan it's tough to get a away without having pulled the units of said gacha. It would probably be the same for me if they would do DBZ in the US version. I like Fist of the North Star but not that much that I need every pull for PaD.

saichi

Takeminakata Descended! is one of the easier descended I have played... too bad Takeminakata is not that useful :(\

And I got Mei Mei invaded which actually helped me stalling for skills

Jonsoncao

Banned
I want to tell you to use Awoken Ceres with Green Odin and Kushi, but you are missing a big burst from a Genbu or Gronia. You could try a Parvati(or Angelion)/Guan Yu combo, but that might not be enough burst without luck.

Other option is Kirin with standard subs, but you have to work around or power through Michael. Basically combo hard the whole way through. Risky, but possible.

Thanks a lot. I haven't IAP since last August, guess it is time to invest some stones to get a Meimei or Avalon Drake.

Kirin/LMeta/Kushi/Valk/Echidna.

Thanks for the suggestion, will try this today.

J0dy77

When are we getting the HnK REM and 3k pal pulls? I'm sitting on 35 pulls and the mails from the Cauchemar event. Don't really need much from 3k though, still better than the normal trash I'd pull hoping for a jewel.

The great thing about the Norns are that they are super flexible. Moreso than the Sonias I think, if only because they go by color rather than type.

GZL and Liu Bei can both be used together if you ever roll them. In fact the big whale team I've seen is: Verdandi/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/GZL/GZL/Verdandi.

You can go two prong, or rows, or both. You can also ignore the whole fire sub element thing. You'll have less HP but it isn't too huge a deal probably except for some dungeons.

Crunching the numbers in PADGuide, at max level and everyone +297 you have: 34k HP, 3.8k RCV, a whole fuckton of orb change, 8 skill boosts, 4 green rows, 4 green enhance, 60% skill bind resist, 6 two prong. Sounds really good.
The 10x multiplier just isn't all that exciting to me but I guess it'll be nice to play a green TPA team that isn't a glass cannon like GZL. I have so many underdeveloped green subs that this flexibility isn't helping! :lol Hige's earlier comment about the payoff of investing in a new team not being very alluring is applicable here.

I think Liu Bei is now on my short list of REM wants though.

The 10x multiplier just isn't all that exciting to me but I guess it'll be nice to play a green TPA team that isn't a glass cannon like GZL. I have so many underdeveloped green subs that this flexibility isn't helping! :lol Hige's earlier comment about the payoff of investing in a new team not being very alluring is applicable here.

I think Liu Bei is now on my short list of REM wants though.

Honestly the damage is well above 10x with all the rows and two prong. It's extremely respectable. A higher amount of damage than Romia off-turns, and equivalent if not better burst.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

I have Verdandi, didnt even realize that she is a Godfest exclusive - stats are kinda nice as well. I think i should invest in her to have a more reliable Green team. GZL is nice and all, but sometimes i just wanna farm a stage without always worrying about HP.

I dont have Sasuke or Lui Bei though.

My essential green units are:
2x Artemis, Grodin, Wonder Woman, 2x GZL, 2x Astaroth, Kushinada. Thumbelina, ADK

Green as sub element:
Athena, Valkyre, Umisachi&Yamasachi

Sucks that the HP bonus is only limited to Fire units though :-/

Top Bottom