• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Same, just Kirin. It's not as important in this iteration of the Challenge Dungeons, but later versions will have more floors that can blind you so something to consider.

Jagernaut

I don't have Kirin and I don't think Odin/Amaterasu is viable this time (used them last challenge Lv 6). I can use my new U&Y team or Horus. For U&Y I have:

U&Y
Ultimate Blue Valk
Sun Quan
GOdin
D/L Yomi

Sound good? Or replace blue Valk since there are no hearts?

I think I went with Grodin, DKali, DL Batman, LZL. Your team is pretty similar overall, but if you have a Kali she's probably a better fit than Valk in this case. If you're worried about blinds you could bring Athena for 100% resist.

Jagernaut

I think I went with Grodin, DKali, DL Batman, LZL. Your team is pretty similar overall, but if you have a Kali she's probably a better fit than Valk in this case. If you're worried about blinds you could bring Athena for 100% resist.

I don't have any Kali's but Athena is a good idea, thanks.

Love Sakuya's active against enemies like Ra. No need to dilute the team with a defense bypass sub like Ra or Bane.

lQuy3NL.jpg

Alright need suggestions is it better to keep Rei Sirius or switch to Chibi Valk for three prongs. Also should/could I put DKali on this team anywhere?

Team in question.
Initial feeling would be to replace both Rei and Arthur with both Valk and DKali.

colinp

Banned
Hope they have 1.5x jewel invades again soon. Don't have the patience to run the descends to get them otherwise.

Sorry LValk, Athena, Beezelbub and Hades! You're just going to have to wait!

Tobe

Alright need suggestions is it better to keep Rei Sirius or switch to Chibi Valk for three prongs. Also should/could I put DKali on this team anywhere?

Team in question.

i guess you could swap them depending on the dungeon, heavy skill lock dungeons keep rei, if not the go valk. tho that unconditional 5 orbs from rei is pretty cool.

Maid

Banned
Hope they have 1.5x jewel invades again soon. Don't have the patience to run the descends to get them otherwise.

Sorry LValk, Athena, Beezelbub and Hades! You're just going to have to wait!

The default rate should be x1.5, imo. The same thing about weekly dungeon. It should always be x2.

razterik

My standard Challenge 7,8,9 clears. Not sure what I'm running for 10. Don't think I can manage a Beelzebub clear since half my squad would be red and my best devil boost is still King Baddie. Might brute force with Pandora or Dark Tron, but have to decide between high HP subs to tank a few hits or pure offensive power that must one shot or die. Will probably spend ~5 stones no matter which team I take.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo

*Grimoire Carnival*
[Duration]: 2/6 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 2/12 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

Where did magic truly come from? Was it primally stored within the Earth, or transcribed and descended from one powerful source?

The Grimoires would argue the latter. Their ancient magics are stored in the very fabric of their pages, each tome representing a different strength and form of magic.

This Carnival introduces the Grimoires to Puzzle & Dragons at 2x rates, along with 15 other monsters from a specially selected lineup.

5★
1755 Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova (NEW)
1757 Purple Grimoire, Goetia (NEW)

1704 Drifting Wizard, Wee Jas
1706 Red Sky Wizard, Chester

378 Dino Rider
380 Beast Rider
382 Marine Rider
384 Dragon Rider
386 Gryps Rider
555 Mochizuki Chiyome
557 Hatsume no Tsubone
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
561 Fuma Kotaro
563 Hattori Hanzo

4★
1120 Berserker Z
486 Gamble Mage
488 Chrono Turtle

In addition, there are several new additions to the Rare Egg Machine to be made available at all times!

5★
415 Fire Courier Mitsuki (NEW)
418 Water Courier Ruka (NEW)
421 Wind Courier Kano (NEW)
424 Light Courier Fuu (NEW)
427 Dark Courier Kurone (NEW)

4★
414 Mitsuki (NEW)
417 Ruka (NEW)
420 Kano (NEW)
423 Fuu (NEW)
426 Kurone (NEW)

Probabilities have also been decreased for the following monsters.

5★
226 Great Valkyrie
201 Empress of Serpents, Echidna
202 Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
203 Mystical Forest Pixie, Alraune
204 Messenger of God, Archangel
205 Witch of the Night, Lilith

4★
225 Valkyrie

ZeroAKA

5★
226 Great Valkyrie
201 Empress of Serpents, Echidna
202 Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
203 Mystical Forest Pixie, Alraune
204 Messenger of God, Archangel
205 Witch of the Night, Lilith

4★
225 Valkyrie
Good, I got trolled by 5-star Siren during the last Godfest.

jiggle

How is this configuration for Athena?

Athena - muse(water) - apocalypse - apocalypse - Apollo - Athena
1 full board change: heal light dark + light orb enhance
2.5x god type, 1 turn
1 full light board + light orb enhance
6 skill boosts
7 light TPA(not sure how damage is calculated here?)
+20% light row enhance
40% skill bind resist
100% blind resist

Or

Athena - apocalypse - apocalypse - apocalypse - Apollo - Athena
2 full board change: heal light dark + 1 light orb enhance
1 full light board + light orb enhance
6 skill boosts
+30% light row enhance
60% skill bind resist
100% blind resist

Pretty much forgoing wood attacks
Wish I have izanagi :(

tr4656

Bane or Physical Ra works as well. UFO has a terrible ATK stat, so the on color advantage is very minor.

Only 2x rates on the carnival. Barf.

Probably tastes like something a lot worse, haha. Get ready to pull a bunch of troll sticker girls now anyway.

Sticker Girls aren't bad.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo

*Grimoire Carnival*
[Duration]: 2/6 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 2/12 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

Where did magic truly come from? Was it primally stored within the Earth, or transcribed and descended from one powerful source?

The Grimoires would argue the latter. Their ancient magics are stored in the very fabric of their pages, each tome representing a different strength and form of magic.

This Carnival introduces the Grimoires to Puzzle & Dragons at 2x rates, along with 15 other monsters from a specially selected lineup.

5★
1755 Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova (NEW)
1757 Purple Grimoire, Goetia (NEW)

1704 Drifting Wizard, Wee Jas
1706 Red Sky Wizard, Chester

378 Dino Rider
380 Beast Rider
382 Marine Rider
384 Dragon Rider
386 Gryps Rider
555 Mochizuki Chiyome
557 Hatsume no Tsubone
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
561 Fuma Kotaro
563 Hattori Hanzo

Fuck... Is this where I want to roll if I want a Fuma Kotaro?

razterik

Sticker Girls aren't bad.

True, although I don't generally think heartmakers are that useful anymore. But rolling the Pink REM has conditioned me to hate seeing them pop out.

Fuck... Is this where I want to roll if I want a Fuma Kotaro?

You can try, but 2x rates aren't great when I think he has had 3x before. Depends on how desperate you are and if you are willing to accept any of the other possible rolls.

Maid

Banned

It's calculated separately for that combo and for that monster alone. Which mean only the 4 orbs in that combo gets the multiplier of TPA (x1.5 for 1 TPA, x2.25 for 2 TPA) for any party member that has TPA.

jiggle

It's calculated separately for that combo and for that monster alone. Which mean only the 4 orbs in that combo gets the multiplier of TPA (x1.5 for 1 TPA, x2.25 for 2 TPA) for any party member that has TPA.
Oh
So single TPA not that great then D:

Spades

Hi PAD-GAF!

First time player here. Following some advice I'd received, I've been re-rolling to try to get a decent starter. This is what I got:

o2KoW2M.jpg

Can someone help me - should I keep or re-roll?

raiot

FINALLY max skilled my Pandora... Man this was a real struggle, cost me 10 stones with a 215 stamina bar...

Is it worth 297 the whole team?

I have (All max skilled):

Pandora +14
D.Meta (Hypermax)
Hanzo +185
Haku +3
Persephone +1
Ronia +159

I think this would be hitting 2 flys in one go, because the Pandora Team and the D.Meta team have nearly the same members.

My other Option is switching to L. Kali, but I dont know (or have) the perfect subs for it besides D.Kali and Fuma Kotaro...

razterik

FINALLY max skilled my Pandora... Man this was a real struggle, cost me 10 stones with a 215 stamina bar...

Is it worth 297 the whole team?

I have (All max skilled):

Pandora +14
D.Meta (Hypermax)
Hanzo +185
Haku +3
Persephone +1
Ronia +159

I think this would be hitting 2 flys in one go, because the Pandora Team and the D.Meta team have nearly the same members.

My other Option is switching to L. Kali, but I dont know (or have) the perfect subs for it besides D.Kali and Fuma Kotaro...

#FINALLY

Pandora, Hanzo, and Byakko are all extremely worth +297 for those teams. I would give plus eggs to a dark Valk over Persephone, but she isn't a bad choice either. Good active, but her awakenings are kind of poor. Ronia isn't on my Pandora team since I run a second Byakko, and I'm not sure I would use her over Persephone either since it is too easy to not have enough dark orbs without Hanzo combo so you might as well do Pers/Hanzo anyway for a better board. Ronia is quite useful for lots of other things, though.

I would probably finish pluses on Hanzo and Ronia first, then Byakko since she goes on devil and dark teams. Then Pandora and end with Persephone if you still need her.

Also, not an expert with Light Kali, but those two are good subs and her team is fairly flexible.

Doesn't darkseid work too?

Yes, was mostly thinking of Blonia subs, but there are other options.

smbu2000

Great to read smbu2000, especially a fan it's tough to get a away without having pulled the units of said gacha. It would probably be the same for me if they would do DBZ in the US version. I like Fist of the North Star but not that much that I need every pull for PaD.
Thanks. Yeah, it's always tough when you're a fan of something. I think if I had gotten a gold egg during my initial tries, then I wouldn't have continued on by buying more. So I guess it's kind of lucky and unlucky that I wound up buying stones as I got 2 golds out of it.(I didn't use up all of my purchased stones.) I generally try to be non-IAP.
I guess I was just lucky getting that Vegeta pull with one try.

I've been playing the HnK dungeon non-stop trying to get REM Raoh skill up drops. I'd like to use my flampys on Kenshiro if I can. I've only gotten two so far with most being the boss Raoh. I've already managed to skill the boss Raoh up to level 5 (max is level 11.)

I had generally been in the 50k range, so I was surprised when I got this:

raiot

Pandora, Hanzo, and Byakko are all extremely worth +297 for those teams. I would give plus eggs to a dark Valk over Persephone, but she isn't a bad choice either. Good active, but her awakenings are kind of poor. Ronia isn't on my Pandora team since I run a second Byakko, and I'm not sure I would use her over Persephone either since it is too easy to not have enough dark orbs without Hanzo combo so you might as well do Pers/Hanzo anyway for a better board. Ronia is quite useful for lots of other things, though.

I would probably finish pluses on Hanzo and Ronia first, then Byakko since she goes on devil and dark teams. Then Pandora and end with Persephone if you still need her.

Also, not an expert with Light Kali, but those two are good subs and her team is fairly flexible.

I would use Valk, but she eluded me so far... Your +Plan is quite good, I think i will just finish Hanzo first, then Ronia and Haku. Thanks!

J0dy77

My standard Challenge 7,8,9 clears. Not sure what I'm running for 10. Don't think I can manage a Beelzebub clear since half my squad would be red and my best devil boost is still King Baddie. Might brute force with Pandora or Dark Tron, but have to decide between high HP subs to tank a few hits or pure offensive power that must one shot or die. Will probably spend ~5 stones no matter which team I take.

What was the theory behind the Ceres team for Challenge 8? I have most of the team except grodin and I can't tell who the last guy is, looks like Michael. I was thinking of going with Kush, Attacker Susano, Mei Mei and the last spot is up. How bad do I need orb changers for this?

Maid

Banned
Oh
So single TPA not that great then D:

Single TPA is nice to have, not something worth chasing for.

On the other hand, every time I use my Athena team, I'm still salty at mini valk just won't drop even I poured all of my gems in that event.

FINALLY max skilled my Pandora...
Congrats! Not sure if I should go ham on 3x invade of Purple Flower or spend a bunch of coins on Shadow Sprite with no bonus drop. Or wait for it to come back as a special dungeon.

Doesn't darkseid work too?
Yeah, I might have to go that route. No Ra and I didn't keep any Banes. Might have to throw some exp into Darkseid though.

razterik

What was the theory behind the Ceres team for Challenge 8? I have most of the team except grodin and I can't tell who the last guy is, looks like Michael. I was thinking of going with Kush, Attacker Susano, Mei Mei and the last spot is up. How bad do I need orb changers for this?

Don't think it will work without Green Odin with his 2k autoheal. Michael isn't absolutely necessary, but he combos with Genbu for a green/heart board. Could use Liu Bei instead. The general idea is to autoheal and grind everything down, using full board burst when necessary. Need a lot of healing on the first floor to get past Angelit/Devilit.

Congrats! Not sure if I should go ham on 3x invade of Purple Flower or spend a bunch of coins on Shadow Sprite with no bonus drop. Or wait for it to come back as a special dungeon.

Normal 40% on master Shadow Sprite is certainly better than any invade rates.

J0dy77

Don't think it will work without Green Odin with his 2k autoheal. Michael isn't absolutely necessary, but he combos with Genbu for a green/heart board. Could use Liu Bei instead. The general idea is to autoheal and grind everything down, using full board burst when necessary. Need a lot of healing on the first floor to get past Angelit/Devilit.

Yeah, I completely forgot about the no RCV for the dungeon. The Godfest exclusive mobs have eluded me for so long.

Top Bottom