• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

This ranking dungeon is my personal worst, and I don't have it in me to try for a higher score. I'm terrible at color match and I'm not used to have so few fingers. Not fun at all. I'll wait for another one to try for top 10% and the badge.

I feel you, I hate rainbow leads myself and you are right about the fingers. Especially after being spoiled by Myr. I'm glad I got under 10% before when I was chasing a crown.

W-00

Many guides I've read recommend you to burn I&I rune enhance on that floor and the next that has the high def whiskey dragon (although I didn't for my now 1.0% run). Your highest single source of damage is I&I's TPA so you want to make sure you get in one or more prongs on those two floors for the extra points from max damage calculation.

Oh, so that's why I would sometimes randomly beat the blue dragon with 16x and other times not even scratch it with a full activation. Thanks. With that knowledge in mind, I finally broke out of the bottom rung on my main (and cleared at all on my alt).

Man, I started off with Isis - and even evolved her to Shining Isis before recently moving on to Awoken for utility - but playing with Pandora has utterly ruined my color match game.

J0dy77

I feel you, I hate rainbow leads myself and you are right about the fingers. Especially after being spoiled by Myr. I'm glad I got under 10% before when I was chasing a crown.

Oh, so that's why I would sometimes randomly beat the blue dragon with 16x and other times not even scratch it with a full activation. Thanks. With that knowledge in mind, I finally broke out of the bottom rung on my main (and cleared at all on my alt).

Man, I started off with Isis - and even evolved her to Shining Isis before recently moving on to Awoken for utility - but playing with Pandora has utterly ruined my color match game.

Horus 4 life.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Did about 15 runs of tamas today and got zero full tamas, only babies and chibidra. Generally very bad luck on the babies too. Crappy, waste of stamina day.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Time to skillup Sumire!

E: Turns out people only run farm teams of Myr and ALB. Considering my Dios are all slvl 1, I can't do that right now. I farm with Ronove or Sumire, which apparently aren't as popular.

FINALLY beat Hera 297.

Hades is so damn squishy I accidentally killed him while trying to stall for skills and didn't get to pop my damage shield. That cost a stone. Then I actually manage to get 100x with ADQXQ and skyfall to 8 or nine combos, I think it's over but she's left with like 2% hp. At this point I'm all in because it's so close so I kept burning stones until I managed to break the combo shield again. Most expensive drop ever but I'm glad it's over.

Bladelaw

Time to skillup Sumire!

E: Turns out people only run farm teams of Myr and ALB. Considering my Dios are all slvl 1, I can't do that right now. I farm with Ronove or Sumire, which apparently aren't as popular.

The Sumire skill up dungeon isn't bad so it's just people being lazy and want more return.

I don't need many skill ups from this dungeon. Just 2 more Genie, and 1 Keiji.

My alt could use the Apocalypse and Snow White skill ups though.

QR1NoaV.jpg

I cri

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just went 1 out of 10 on Satsuki skill ups... 4x why you do this.

That was me with babby tamadra yesterday. Got my Satsuki maxed in case I ever use her for anything.

Gotta force myself to take breaks. Staring at a tiny phone screen during infinite exp Mondays jacks up my eyes good.

Are there any stat requirements for mathena grodin cheese? I don't have the sub pool to make it work myself, but I put my grodin (max level, SL7) up if anybody wants to attempt it themselves.

b33r

That was me with babby tamadra yesterday. Got my Satsuki maxed in case I ever use her for anything.

Gotta force myself to take breaks. Staring at a tiny phone screen during infinite exp Mondays jacks up my eyes good.

I want her for Anaphon, dark Kanna, and she is also due an uvo that could make her a good leader or better sub.

Bladelaw

Are there any stat requirements for mathena grodin cheese? I don't have the sub pool to make it work myself, but I put my grodin (max level, SL7) up if anybody wants to attempt it themselves.

The big thing is make sure floor 2's preempt is managed. A Raph+Heartbreak+Freyja clear on floor 1 + a Dios + Beorc to swipe floor 2 are huge. Raph's second turn of invulnerability save you from the preemptive.

That's the riskiest part without Raph. The awakening bind is problemetic if you get heart trolled but realistically you should be clearing floor 3 the same way as floor 1 and should be able to Dios+Beorc your way out of floor 4 even if still awoken bound.

Basically you need enough damage to kill the major threats quickly. Floor 2, 4, 6 and 8 are those threats. You can stall forever on the other floors if you brought a solution to the gears in floor 1, 3, and 5. As long as you bring the skills and follow the guide then you're set if you hit the right damage values. RCV/HP don't matter auto heal does all the work.

Bladelaw

Is it feasible to do a sumire system with the dragons just like tsubaki, or is a "real" team still better?

I don't see why not. It'll have the same problems with binds and skill binds but you'll have access to the cross shield (assuming Sumire lead) and the ability to burn 2 actives a turn. It'll be less damage than Tsubaki but 75% damage reduction is a decent price for that.

LiQuid!

Did they reset the 250 pulls yet, or if not do we know when they will? I'm getting close but monday grinding is soul-destroying.

W-00

Did they reset the 250 pulls yet, or if not do we know when they will? I'm getting close but monday grinding is soul-destroying.

I haven't gotten one, so I'm pretty sure they haven't done it yet. Judging by announced maintenances, I'd guess either tonight/tomorrow night (too lazy to translate UTC) or the 26th.

On a somewhat related note: I just now made rank 150 on my alt. The pull was Leilan. My fire box on my main pretty much sucks, but between pulling Baldin, Silk, Phoenix Rider, Gadius, Antares, Markab, and now Leilan, I think my alt is telling me to build a fire team. Think there's any potential there?

LiQuid!

Got 250 on the main and pulled Sumire out of the memorial REM. Not sure if she adds any dimensions to my box but it's nice to get something new.

Would love to be able to grind up my alt up but he doesn't have a very co-op friendly team with all his ghetto subs without SB/SBR.

sumire is still an upper-tier lead and will be for a while if you believe setsu (and I have no idea whether or not to believe him!)

I just wish the damn 4x skillup wasn't going away so soon after the new dungeon, I'm feverishly trying to nab as many as I can with kotg rank up refills before I go to bed :(

Bladelaw

Managed to get 2.5 out of 4 satsuki's done. I figure one to use and 1 to inherit was enough plus I was straight up exhausted and couldn't keep going anyway.

Looks like my Star Vault block is 3-4pm. Anyone care to join me? I just need a red row lead and 9 skill boosts to be ready to go.

Finally switched my Liu Bei to ALB. Still need to skill up and fully awaken the last Dios though. And levels too.

Managed to get 2.5 out of 4 satsuki's done. I figure one to use and 1 to inherit was enough plus I was straight up exhausted and couldn't keep going anyway.

Looks like my Star Vault block is 3-4pm. Anyone care to join me? I just need a red row lead and 9 skill boosts to be ready to go.

Maybe, depending on how work goes. I have Yamato

Aesnath

OK, I decided to put the work into the Tsubaki system this weekend and managed to get both my tsubaki and two dragons to max skill. My first problem in trying the team is the lack of tsubaki helpers. Moreover, out of the three I've found, only one has had her max skilled. Either way, It was pretty easy to get and keep a high multiplier when the system was going. However, I'm not sure how you run the damn team without something like a system as I needed a constant stream of light and fire orbs. I'm hoping the buff makes her more popular as a lead. I also realized that I have another relevant pull for the team--Minerva. When she gets that reincarnated form, she should be pretty neat on such a team.

However, a lot of this weekend was dedicated to a realization. My daughter pulled an anima and I had one as well. When evolved to it's last form (disaster phantom) we have been co-oping at what feels like an insane 56.25xAttack and 1.82 hp. We have to use devils and/or dragons exclusively, but that has led to a pretty wide assortment of options. It makes everything else in the game seem hard to use by comparison.

Bladelaw

Finally switched my Liu Bei to ALB. Still need to skill up and fully awaken the last Dios though. And levels too.

Maybe, depending on how work goes. I have Yamato

Keep me posted, ping me on discord Bladelaw#6504

OK, I decided to put the work into the Tsubaki system this weekend and managed to get both my tsubaki and two dragons to max skill. My first problem in trying the team is the lack of tsubaki helpers. Moreover, out of the three I've found, only one has had her max skilled. Either way, It was pretty easy to get and keep a high multiplier when the system was going. However, I'm not sure how you run the damn team without something like a system as I needed a constant stream of light and fire orbs. I'm hoping the buff makes her more popular as a lead. I also realized that I have another relevant pull for the team--Minerva. When she gets that reincarnated form, she should be pretty neat on such a team.

However, a lot of this weekend was dedicated to a realization. My daughter pulled an anima and I had one as well. When evolved to it's last form (disaster phantom) we have been co-oping at what feels like an insane 56.25xAttack and 1.82 hp. We have to use devils and/or dragons exclusively, but that has led to a pretty wide assortment of options. It makes everything else in the game seem hard to use by comparison.

Anima is like a Devil/Dragon Machine Zeus. It's crazyand puts a ton of content into reach for folks. Regarding Revo Minerva you could also just lead with her. I've seen a bunch of videos of her just annihilating Arena. 75% shield against pretty much every major threat, Tsubaki works here too.

Jagernaut

I'm in for some Star Vault runs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Keep me posted, ping me on discord Bladelaw#6504

Anima is like a Devil/Dragon Machine Zeus. It's crazyand puts a ton of content into reach for folks. Regarding Revo Minerva you could also just lead with her. I've seen a bunch of videos of her just annihilating Arena. 75% shield against pretty much every major threat, Tsubaki works here too.

Oh, Anima is good? I haven't leveled mine at all, but maybe I should...

Bladelaw

Anima's ult leader skill reads like this:
Leader Skill: Phantom Explosion
Effects: Dragon & Devil type cards HP x1.35, ATK x3. ATK x2.5 in cooperation mode.
this turns Anima into a 1.82x HP and 56.25x ATK lead in coop.

That's an unconditional 56x atk if you have devils or dragons on your team in coop. ALB is 64x with 8 (9?) greens and a skill use for comparison.

So yeah Anima is great.

Aesnath

If you have someone to co-op with who has it, it seems insane. We've been doing descends for the first time (I could do legend difficulty with ronia/lu bu, but it was somewhat harder on co-op due to longer cool down times for actives). I mean, you don't need to do anything for 56x damage. Also, anima's active skill often heals 10k hp, giving us some level of healing. His 2x attack for devils and dragons means over 100x on spike turns, AND we have lu bu for over 150x. Really, really stupid. No clue how it compares to end game stuff, but really, it has exceeded our expectations.

Now, if we could just figure out how to beat sonia gran reversed...

LiQuid!

Is there an agreed upon best difficulty to farm (boss) skill ups in the carnivals? I see the vast majority of people running myth but the one time I cleared it it was kind of a headache I'd be much more comfortable running a lower tier.

Edit: oh speaking of Dios farming. I have no way of even estimating how difficult this would be for me but I really want to do it. It doesn't seem like something I could piggyback on an ALB team for since most ALB teams already have a cadre of maxed out mzeuses. Any tips?

J0dy77

Does anyone consistently run Arena 1 with Myr? I can get to the Kalis every time but have such a hard time if I get Light Kali. How does everyone deal with the huge burst needed?

Best setup I can come up with is using a Myr that inherits final judgement and pairing it with DQXQ active. She is really really hard to maximize damage. I might try inheriting Thor on my second Wukong but hate to use him as an inherit.

Bladelaw

Is there an agreed upon best difficulty to farm (boss) skill ups in the carnivals? I see the vast majority of people running myth but the one time I cleared it it was kind of a headache I'd be much more comfortable running a lower tier.

Edit: oh speaking of Dios farming. I have no way of even estimating how difficult this would be for me but I really want to do it. It doesn't seem like something I could piggyback on an ALB team for since most ALB teams already have a cadre of maxed out mzeuses. Any tips?

Boss drops are best on Myth unless it's a 2x day which case legend is fine. I find the extra 2 stamina (coop) is worth the guaranteed drop though.

Does anyone consistently run Arena 1 with Myr? I can get to the Kalis every time but have such a hard time if I get Light Kali. How does everyone deal with the huge burst needed?

Best setup I can come up with is using a Myr that inherits final judgement and pairing it with DQXQ active. She is really really hard to maximize damage. I might try inheriting Thor on my second Wukong but hate to use him as an inherit.

I've dealt with it using a couple different methods:
1) Friend Myr inherits Light Akechi which pairs with Saria for a giant fuck you to everything.
2) when not available I've had some success with the following combo: Apoc (would work with Saria too)-->Awoken Venus with Ars Nova inherit. Awoken Venus alone would work with enough lights but both Saria and Apocalypse hate giving me lights.

Don't use Nova if you can't make hearts in the unlikely even Nova removes all your hearts. It's never happened to me but it's bound to eventually. You need 2 rows either way. If you have 12 enhanced lights, 5 hearts, and 3 non light orbs you can do it ok. Thor works too if you don't have access to either of the other options (Nova, Venus, Akechi)

I'm not super consistent yet but I'm getting better. Also the HP Badge, HP latents (or light resist latents) can let you cross tank. I'm going to check the math on that to be sure.

EDIT: you need 30460 Effective HP to take the hit from Lkali.

I don't know how latent damage reduction is handled, does it apply before or after the cross shield?

If before: 1218.36 damage reduced per latent
If after: 304.59 damage reduced per latent

EDIT2: looks like latents take effect after the cross shield. Tested in ultimate endless to confirm. Also holy shit does that Kali hit hard.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Done with the dark dungeons! Woo! Gran Reverse was definitely the hardest, mostly because she absorbed all my attacks with Ronove.

Unrelated, I've been playing Sumire wrong since ult evolving her. Heart crosses aren't just for damage reduction like they were in her first evo. Oops.

Aesnath

Done with the dark dungeons! Woo! Gran Reverse was definitely the hardest, mostly because she absorbed all my attacks with Ronove.

Unrelated, I've been playing Sumire wrong since ult evolving her. Heart crosses aren't just for damage reduction like they were in her first evo. Oops.

Odd question, do rolling damage shields (like heart-crosses) absorb pre-emptive gravities (like Blonia's)? On sonia gran reverse, even when we can beat red sonia, we can't recover enough HP after blue sonia to make a fair shot at the two remaining sonias. I've got balboa (who is actually a dragon), so I could probably get a shield going if necessary if it would reduce the hit from the gravity.

jay23

Sucks that I got pushed out of the top 10% needed that for my final quest. Hopefully there's easier ranking dungeons to come.

I've been having a lot of fun with bacetet, the team I use has 9 time extend awakenings so I can comfortably clear the board every floor. Still missing a key sub in Vishnu so I'll try and roll for him even tho my wood gala luck is trash.

Jagernaut

Odd question, do rolling damage shields (like heart-crosses) absorb pre-emptive gravities (like Blonia's)? On sonia gran reverse, even when we can beat red sonia, we can't recover enough HP after blue sonia to make a fair shot at the two remaining sonias. I've got balboa (who is actually a dragon), so I could probably get a shield going if necessary if it would reduce the hit from the gravity.

Yes, a 99% preemptive gravity would be reduced to 25% gravity if you have a heart cross 75% shield. Or you can use a regular shield active skill on the floor before the preemptive.

Bladelaw

Ok I'm sitting on enough +'s to max out future Krishna and friends and Anaphon. That covers all my "normal" teams.

I'm still playing around with the composition of Balboa/Awoken Artemis to find the right mix. What I need on that team is a quick reliable way to make blue orbs. That's proving to be a real problem. Skuld works great as a burst (especially when comboed with Artemis) but is basically dead weight damage wise. So far the best luck I've had is this:
Balboa
Vishnu (Skuld)
Kaede
Awoken Liu Bei
G/G Astaroth
Awoken Artemis

The damage is good to great, HP is huge, and recovery keeps up just fine. ALB can be used over Awoken Artemis to burst or bind clear. Astaroth's killer tends to make up for her poor damage and she makes quick greens. Really the problem is blue generation. I have Paradise Sonia and she'd probably work on the team but then I'd be short a SBR. Not sure who I could slot her skill on since the cooldown is so long (14 turns). Anyone have any ideas?

b33r

Do you have Spica? She has 2 sbr and I think we are getting her ults along with Akechis in the update. Then her sub version gets 2 sbs and god killer.

Bladelaw

Do you have Spica? She has 2 sbr and I think we are getting her ults along with Akechis in the update. Then her sub version gets 2 sbs and god killer.

Yeah she'll have a home on the team once we get her ult. She's on type too which helps. I'll probably drop G/G Asty for her. I can't drop ALB since he's the bind clear so it's still kind of up in the air who I put in for Beach Sonia. Maybe drop Kaede? I never use Vishnu's active but his low cooldown and prongs make him a good target for Skuld's active. Kaede hits harder but it would take longer to get Skuld up.

I'll give that a go tomorrow since it looks like we're getting the patch with Spica's ult tonight.

sttd being in the middle of the work day is so frustrating

I mean I was able to get 3 solo runs in but still, it drained my entire bar :(

I need PCGF asap, I will blow through 2 packs if the lineup is right

J0dy77

I've dealt with it using a couple different methods:
1) Friend Myr inherits Light Akechi which pairs with Saria for a giant fuck you to everything.
2) when not available I've had some success with the following combo: Apoc (would work with Saria too)-->Awoken Venus with Ars Nova inherit. Awoken Venus alone would work with enough lights but both Saria and Apocalypse hate giving me lights.

Don't use Nova if you can't make hearts in the unlikely even Nova removes all your hearts. It's never happened to me but it's bound to eventually. You need 2 rows either way. If you have 12 enhanced lights, 5 hearts, and 3 non light orbs you can do it ok. Thor works too if you don't have access to either of the other options (Nova, Venus, Akechi)

I'm not super consistent yet but I'm getting better. Also the HP Badge, HP latents (or light resist latents) can let you cross tank. I'm going to check the math on that to be sure.

EDIT: you need 30460 Effective HP to take the hit from Lkali.

I don't know how latent damage reduction is handled, does it apply before or after the cross shield?

If before: 1218.36 damage reduced per latent
If after: 304.59 damage reduced per latent

EDIT2: looks like latents take effect after the cross shield. Tested in ultimate endless to confirm. Also holy shit does that Kali hit hard.

Yeah, I've been doing the same with final judgement inherit on friend. I'm just severely lacking in compatible full board change for Myr. No apocalypse, no Sadia, no wedding gadius. I'm making due with what I have but would love a full board change. Inheriting Thor would definitely make Kali a breeze. I just had 3 clears in a row without him, finally ended up wiping a run because of freaking sopdet. How that nonsense floor is still in this game drives me nuts.

Okamid3n

My strategy for Kali is pretty consistent :

Orochi (Venus inherit) on the floor right before Kali. This insures I can kill the floor without an active while getting most of my actives up for Kali. Venus itself is back on time for Kali.

Saria + Pollux + Venus + DQXQ on Kali + optimal row board set up : https://setsupad.wordpress.com/optimal-boards/

This makes DKali an easy one shot, usually, and makes LKali drop below 50%. The God killer on Pollux helps a lot, but the draw back is that it makes Sopdet harder. Orochi is absolutely necessary on Sopdet if you have a god killer sub. Thankfully, four extra turns makes Sopdet relatively easy, even with the God killer. Just can't make two rows, because that's actually overkill.

---

Note to self : Get a Cauchemar tomorrow so that I can finally get Awoken Parvati.

Bladelaw

Sopdet just got me. no decent boards to get a couple rows out of to get her in dark. I think the next few non-event days I'm just going to focus on Arena clears and hopefully build up some Pys.

I've went 2 for 3 in arena today. Feel like I'm starting to turn a corner. My loss was on beelze, one turn away from having my board clear up :(. Was breezing through it and just had some bad boards/spawns I couldn't stall on. Got a badpy, so now my Plum is one skill from max, and is officially a full time sub. She's made a world of a difference, that haste makes everything faster.

I think I'll play around with subs on my Gremory team. I've heard A. Yomi with an akechi inherit is pretty sweet. His awakenings add a lot to the damage, and fingers are always nice.

oh yeah shit, gotta blow through something

at least there's no x2 exp on kotg or something to make me feel like I'm wasting precious efficiency

Top Bottom