• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This maintenance is killing me. I tried to take Cosmo's advice but my sleep was restless. I dreamed of orb matching and liberating waifus from their egg prisons. I woke up and was still unable to play. Now I sit here, dejected, not knowing what to do with my life. I often claim that I don't have enough time in my day to do all the things I want to do like catch up on my favorite television programs and play other video games I've let fall to the wayside, yet here I am checking PAD every 5 minutes hoping for an early end to the downtime.

Quantum

This maintenance is killing me. I tried to take Cosmo's advice but my sleep was restless. I dreamed of orb matching and liberating waifus from their egg prisons. I woke up and was still unable to play. Now I sit here, dejected, not knowing what to do with my life. I often claim that I don't have enough time in my day to do all the things I want to do like catch up on my favorite television programs and play other video games I've let fall to the wayside, yet here I am checking PAD every 5 minutes hoping for an early end to the downtime.

I think that is why people created whiskey.

This game has recently been out of rotation for me, but I used to have a huge addiction to it. Best thing to do is have more than one game on rotation - and work through your issues matching other objects than orbs.

for example - you could go neo-luddite and buy tennis balls (or handballs/racket balls) and color them with acrylic paint and organize them in a 5 x 6 square and play the offline version while the "orbs" are still wet - I find hiring random people to act as monsters and throwing the tennis balls at them after matching my "orbs" is satisfying - although the people aren't happy if you don't let the acrylic paint dry enough

its just a suggestion - but you could also - you know - just wait...

(/s)

Devil Xiang Mei in Halloween REM...

I'm ready - that would be great...

J0dy77

My strategy for Kali is pretty consistent :

Orochi (Venus inherit) on the floor right before Kali. This insures I can kill the floor without an active while getting most of my actives up for Kali. Venus itself is back on time for Kali.

Saria + Pollux + Venus + DQXQ on Kali + optimal row board set up : https://setsupad.wordpress.com/optimal-boards/

This makes DKali an easy one shot, usually, and makes LKali drop below 50%. The God killer on Pollux helps a lot, but the draw back is that it makes Sopdet harder. Orochi is absolutely necessary on Sopdet if you have a god killer sub. Thankfully, four extra turns makes Sopdet relatively easy, even with the God killer. Just can't make two rows, because that's actually overkill.

---

Note to self : Get a Cauchemar tomorrow so that I can finally get Awoken Parvati.

Good call on the Orochi inherit, might have to try that instead of wasting Thor to an inherit.

Back to my previous rant, how does everyone handle Sopdet in Arena with a Myr team? I literally had 2 combos, cross and one light and still went over the damage cap. If I burn through multiple rows without an active it wont be enough damage.

Good call on the Orochi inherit, might have to try that instead of wasting Thor to an inherit.

Back to my previous rant, how does everyone handle Sopdet in Arena with a Myr team? I literally had 2 combos, cross and one light and still went over the damage cap. If I burn through multiple rows without an active it wont be enough damage.

I think people delay and row as much as possible. I think that's the easiest way to handle her if you are unfortunate enough to run in to her. Gremory has a really specific way of clearing it (active and 1 row, then heart cross and 3 match dark), and I still only clear her like 20% of the time.

Bladelaw

Sopdet is the worst.
The fastest way is match a cross and 3 unenhanced lights with nothing else. that takes her into dark and you can just match a row of lights twice to kill her. Skyfall fucks that up for me almost every time. The more consistent way is a long ass delay followed by as many rows per turn as you can muster. That usually requires blowing all your actives which makes the rest of arena a pain in the ass if you don't get any good stall opportunities.

Good luck. Every arena Myr run I've had without Sopdet has been successful but I think she's got some kind of spawn buff. Out of 10 runs she showed up 7 times. Small sample size and anecdotes and all but man it sucks when your kryptonite always shows up.

J0dy77

Sopdet is the worst.
The fastest way is match a cross and 3 unenhanced lights with nothing else. that takes her into dark and you can just match a row of lights twice to kill her. Skyfall fucks that up for me almost every time. The more consistent way is a long ass delay followed by as many rows per turn as you can muster. That usually requires blowing all your actives which makes the rest of arena a pain in the ass if you don't get any good stall opportunities.

Good luck. Every arena Myr run I've had without Sopdet has been successful but I think she's got some kind of spawn buff. Out of 10 runs she showed up 7 times. Small sample size and anecdotes and all but man it sucks when your kryptonite always shows up.

Yeah complete BS, feel like I get Hera-Ur every run as well that makes the rest of the dungeon a nightmare.

Looks like the Myr buff went live, I thought I did something wrong when I saw the 59X multiplier... had to check the team to be sure.

- back up.

- wow devil XM really a thing. would be nice to roll one.

- no memorial reset, no BF reset

If she's purchasable at 300k I might have to take the plunge... Dark XM seems like a really strong card. I'll wait and see what the consensus is.

Bladelaw

Does Devil XM active skill imply that she could turn hearts into hearts?

I hope not. That'd be odd. I'll wait for the official translation once we get it. In addition to being a strong leader she works well on pretty much every dark heart focused team even if in Anaphon's case she's off type.

Ducarmel

I hope not. That'd be odd. I'll wait for the official translation once we get it. In addition to being a strong leader she works well on pretty much every dark heart focused team even if in Anaphon's case she's off type.

You would think its odd but i have seen bosses/mid bosses do that.

example If they have a skill to turn random orbs to blue, there is a chance they would turn blue orbs to blue orbs lol.

I never would have thought to see a REM card do that.

edit: that sweet sweet precious box space. I was holding out for 2 weeks upgrading my alt box. Trying to save stones for the eventual pcgf, and 1150 days on my main NA

I don't know but I'm dying for a dark heart lead so I can put my Pandora army to good use 😐

Feel like red XM team's superior RCV is more worthwhile than the mostly unresisted damage though.

Quantum

If she's purchasable at 300k I might have to take the plunge... Dark XM seems like a really strong card. I'll wait and see what the consensus is.

I previously burned my MP on Blue Myr, buying one is not an option for me - have to debate whether its worth buying a pack to roll, although I probably wont (the chances of getting it with 1 pack are limited and may make me rage roll for no reason)

my XM team is still very relevant - I took down hera 279+, I think its a great teaser for the holiday rem.

W-00

Woohoo! Finally, the Akechi ults!

Do ults and non-ults count as different monsters for the sake of no-dupe dungeons? If so, I was thinking of making one of my Akechi the D/D evo and saving the other for his eventual Awoken form, but if not then I might as well ult both of them now and just devolve one when the time comes.

Ducarmel

Pretty sure it doesn't turn hearts into hearts. A.Lax has the same type of skill and I don't think I've ever seen it happen

Nah Lakshmi specifically says it create hearts from non heart/blue orbs.

I guess we will have to wait for the official translation/release to see

Woohoo! Finally, the Akechi ults!

Do ults and non-ults count as different monsters for the sake of no-dupe dungeons? If so, I was thinking of making one of my Akechi the D/D evo and saving the other for his eventual Awoken form, but if not then I might as well ult both of them now and just devolve one when the time comes.

yeah they are considered different

Okamid3n

Don't worry, it can't turn heart to hearts. I'm pretty sure no cards work like that.

I love the Myr buff, as if she wasn't overpowered enough already. Now I can safely ohko Light Kali in Arena 1 whereas before, I was edging pretty close to the 5% game over zone.

Anyone going to try out Plum as a lead now that balanced Akechi is here? I have 3 akechi so I think I'm going to make 2 balanced and run them with Typhon and Gremory. Would be cool if I had another play style that could clear arena for me.

b33r

I'm going with the balance one for both of mine because of anaphon and plum. I think the other one is better as a sub if you don't need the balance typing though.

Okamid3n

I'm going devil typing because I don't have any of the balance leads and I do have devil leads. Plus, two rows + skill boost is better than two orb enhance.

I'd also say DD is better than DL in most scenarios. Slightly more damage on big burst turn, less light-element shield absorb risks.

Both Akechi's are really good. Balance typing makes the decision easy for some teams, but the sub version has great awakenings. You really need to figure out what team you're going to use him on, because I can see some situations where the extra orb enhance outweighs the benefit of the rows.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ahh after 12 hours in purgatory it feels so good to not have any stamina on either of my accounts. The true sign of gettin shit done.

b33r

I made my Akechis and Spica. Spica looks so sad now, I miss her smile.

Edit: I would like to mess around with plum a bit, but have never had one on my friends list.

Okamid3n

Oh yea, and the new descended boss announced at the same time as the halloween cards has something....interesting in its leader skill description.
LS: No skyfalls. 1.5x ATK/RCV to Water cards. 5x ATK for exactly 7 combos.

5x attack for exactly 7 combos. I assume that means it doesn't work for more than 7 combos. That's such a weird leader skill.

Jagernaut

Looking at the new Descended Quests, I had already cleared everything but Legendary Snowy Valley (Ilsix). Should I use Myr to clear?

Edit: I would like to mess around with plum a bit, but have never had one on my friends list.

I'll probably try her out as soon as I get the Angelits to evo my akechi's. Might keep her up if she ends up crushing short dungeons for farming. 302,982,304 if you're not already on my list.

b33r

I'll probably try her out as soon as I get the Angelits to evo my akechi's. Might keep her up if she ends up crushing short dungeons for farming. 302,982,304 if you're not already on my list.

Cool sent you an invite. Also anyone planning on using Anaphon please add me. 343,972,384. I usually have Shiva Dragon and You Yu up, but will change one of those to Anaphon. I also use Luci, Yomi Dragon, and Myr(not max skilled yet).

Bladelaw

What's the consensus for Akechi evo? I only have one, how's everyone choosing?
As noted D/D is better for awakenings and a more compatible typing with things like Pandora. D/L if you're planning on plum/Anaphon or need him to lead for some reason.

Sad looking yes but holy shit was she what my Balboa team needed. The team is so much more robust now that I can run Beach Sonia natively on it.

Looking at the new Descended Quests, I had already cleared everything but Legendary Snowy Valley (Ilsix). Should I use Myr to clear?
Myr worked fine for me. Just poke him into the danger zone and make sure you can kill him the following turn.

I might need to dismantle my MHera farm team to really solidify Myr. Orochi is inherited there so I'm missing out on his utility for things like Sopdet. Given how often she kills a run I'm feeling like it's a worthwhile investment.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I really think they made the Cross-Heart Meta and especially Myr as free unit too powerful. Tough to get excited about new units or evolutions right now with how Xhearts are dominating.

Def. ready for some changes and new challenges in this crossheart/coop era.

Bladelaw

I really think they made the Cross-Heart Meta and especially Myr as free unit too powerful. Tough to get excited about new units or evolutions right now with how Xhearts are dominating.

I look at Myr specifically like MZeus/Hera/Athena. While farmable, they require an enormous amount of effort to acquire and to fully utilize their potential you need to demonstrate tons of patience (Py rewards to max skill and fully +) or skill in being able to repeatedly clear the dungeon. Add the evolution requirements and while not out of reach for most players it's still requires plenty of effort to accomplish. It's like the quest system with a powerful and tangible reward for all the work that goes into it.

Also while Myr's subpool is forgiving it's generally ill advised to keep a heart breaker on the team which takes a few powerful cards like Pollux, Awoken Apollo, and Alcyone from being top choices. So yeah she's powerful but it's also the culmination of a long term goal. If that goal didn't feel rewarding no one would persue it and some Non-IAP players and long timers would drop off entirely with nothing to work toward. This would dilute the coop pool making that feature less appealing, and it would feel like the game was stagnating.

I do think the extra buff might have been a bit much but hell it lets me consistently clear sea of stars so fuck it, I'm riding the hype train all the way.

Yes according to discord, we should run some of them later.

I should be free tonight after the kids are asleep. I still need to clear the daily Gainaut, volsung, and Myth Plus Nordis dungeons to finish off the Descends quest chain. I'd like to knock Gainaut off tonight if possible.

Jagernaut

My Myr team:

Myr
A DXDQ
Wukong
Apocalypse

All 4 are hyper. Last slot rotates between

A Apollo - yes he breaks hearts but Apollo + Myr is a very strong combo, or I use him when I already have shield active.

A Venus - should inherit something
Wukong #2
L/L DQXQ
Chibi Valk - hyper, for prongs
Elia
Moogle - for low cooldown defensive build

Haven't decided on who to plus for last slot.

Bladelaw

My Myr team:

Myr
A DXDQ
Wukong
Apocalypse

All 4 are hyper. Last slot rotates between

A Apollo - yes he breaks hearts but Apollo + Myr is a very strong combo, or I use him when I already have shield active.

A Venus - should inherit something
Wukong #2
L/L DQXQ
Chibi Valk - hyper, for prongs
Elia
Moogle - for low cooldown defensive build

Haven't decided on who to plus for last slot.

Venus no question. Finally breaking down and py'ing her to max skill has been one of the better choices I've made to this team. Her stats and awakenings provide a huge bump over almost all of your choices. I currently have Ars Nova on her but I'll be swapping Orochi on after the next tan infestation. In an optimal 8 heart 22 Light board (2 Rows 4 combos) with her enhance I'm doing 60 million damage over all cards

Moogle is still MVP for dungeons where bullshit is everywhere and you don't need the extra damage but is a situational sub.

DQXQ do Elia's job better than she does which should take her out of the running.

A second wukong isn't a bad choice but you have better options, and you need one for no Dupe dungeons.

Chibi valk makes Sopdet much more annoying but if you need to burst through a high Def monster she's a solid choice.

Hell slide Wukong or L/L DQXQ on Venus. There are worse things to inherit. Apoc-->DQXQ-->Venus is a great burst and will drop LKali out of the danger zone if your board isn't total garbage.

I should be free tonight after the kids are asleep. I still need to clear the daily Gainaut, volsung, and Myth Plus Nordis dungeons to finish off the Descends quest chain. I'd like to knock Gainaut off tonight if possible.

I need the top level of Gainaut. Last thing I need to unlock the last quest. Tried it once solo and it was a pain in the ass, so let's just ALB it or something.

Bladelaw

I need the top level of Gainaut. Last thing I need to unlock the last quest. Tried it once solo and it was a pain in the ass, so let's just ALB it or something.

Sounds good. I need to research the strat and build the team though. If it requires any inherits I don't already have in place I need to try a different team though since I'm tapped in both coins and tans.

Kreed

As a F2P player that can rarely play Multiplayer mode, I can't relate to complaints like this.

W-00

I hope Halloween Rozuel is decent. The regular one was one of my first rolls (back then I was so new that I thought a bicolored card was incredible!), so even though she's been retired for a long time, I still have a fondness for her. So I'm hoping the Halloween version will get to occasionally be a sub in my Pandora team.

Top Bottom