• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

Still need someone? I can bring Awoken Orochi and/or Raphael/Thanatos.

Yep, I do. I've got Raph and A. Orochi, too, so we can be whichever side. I'll bring Raph and hold a room open for a bit in case you're still around: 7804 1524

If you see this later and the room isn't open, ping me on Discord when you want to run: Haken#8055

Jagernaut

Yep, I do. I've got Raph and A. Orochi, too, so we can be whichever side. I'll bring Raph and hold a room open for a bit in case you're still around: 7804 1524

If you see this later and the room isn't open, ping me on Discord when you want to run: Haken#8055

I'm in the middle of a Hera 297 attempt so I can't at the moment. A little later?

Jagernaut

Sure, anytime you're ready.

Wow, beat Hera+297 on the first try with You Yu. I inherited Genie on my YY and friend had Scheat inherit. Scheat active gave me a 6 combo and another blue skyfall combo for the kill. Team was YY, A Hermes, Sumire, Nut and Gabriel.

I can run Seraphis right now. I'll also ping you on Discord.

b33r

Wow, beat Hera+297 on the first try with You Yu. I inherited Genie on my YY and friend had Scheat inherit. Scheat active gave me a 6 combo and another blue skyfall combo for the kill. Team was YY, A Hermes, Sumire, Nut and Gabriel.

Haha, yeah that's how I finally beat it tonight. Friend genie inherit, I got lucky with skyfall since I don't have a water skyfall card. Feels good, but man I want a Scheat or Hermes.

Jagernaut

Haha, yeah that's how I finally beat it tonight. Friend genie inherit, I got lucky with skyfall since I don't have a water skyfall card. Feels good, but man I want a Scheat or Hermes.

I have both, had to leave Scheat off the team since she doesn't have sbr. Nut doesn't either, but her 4 turn skill is very useful.

W-00

Congratulations on Hera, and thanks for the run. I was a little worried there for a moment as I'd forgotten about pre-emptives and was thought my under-leveled and under-plussed team might not have brought enough HP, but it's great that I was wrong and we got through it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Welp, I BF'd a rando. I know it's a no-no but he's got a hypermax Oda with Phoenix Rider inherit and I haven't seen him not have it up all week, so I think he's maining it. Hopefully he doesn't stop, or if he does at least I'll get a new BF in a minute.

Did a little better on Ronove masks this evening, going 4/5 on drops. Do we know whether or not the skill rotation will happen before this 4x goes away? If not I'm going to cry.

Okamid3n

I BF'd a rando because it's really not a big deal at all for me, I always have plenty of friends of whatever lead I'm using and I just don't care to form a triangle.

He deleted me right away though, hahaha. I guess some people really don't want random BFs even if they use the same lead as you.

I doubt that will happen to you, though.

W-00

Did a little better on Ronove masks this evening, going 4/5 on drops. Do we know whether or not the skill rotation will happen before this 4x goes away? If not I'm going to cry.

Unless there's some sort of severe problem with the update, yes, it will. Skill up looks like it's staying for the next five days, and the rotation is either tonight (if I'm reading it right) or tomorrow (if I'm not).

jay23

Last monster I expected to clear Hera +297 with

UWzirxs.jpg

Feels good to have a really great combo lead again.

Yes it's honestly really, really nice to be able to reliably clear Wed Dungeon only needing a few SBRs. God bless my ALB friends and forgiving MP people.

I really wish there were an easier way to farm wood predras though, my Australis needs it desperately :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What am I going to do with all these blue sacred masks??? Feels wrong to sell them but I need literally zero for what's going on with my team right now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ugh, finally beat Hera +297. I much prefer the Zeus one as I can 0 or 1 stone it easily. With Hera I don't bother with stones as the combo shield is rough with You Yu. I just tried it a few times a day when my friend with dark damage void was up, 6 combos many a time with no skyfall... Just now, 5 combo that skyfalled into a 11 combo lol. I'll take it.

Hah complete opposite for me - Zeus was quite tough and i had to use a specific YY team for the clear ( it was All Atribute right ) ? Meanwhile i could clear Hera on my first try with a standard Myr team.
Last monster I expected to clear Hera +297 with

Feels good to have a really great combo lead again.

Congrats - Bestcats spirit lives on.

Edit:

btw. You werent kidding Blade - that Artemis x Baldin setup is really solid. Didnt expect this kind of damage for a tank team.

Bladelaw

I'm trying to fill gaps in the Balboa x Artemis pairing keeping Arena as the primary target. So far the biggest issues I run into are being orb starved (usually blue), and binds over 3 turns. My current iteration is Balboa, Isis, Skuld, Kaede, Vishnu, Awoken Artemis. I'm wonding if Vishnu is keeping me from blue orbs when I need it. I might replace him with UmiYami once I get them skilled up. The risk there is that I've split my damage too much between wood and water and instead of needing 6-7 orbs for damage I need 8 due to all the TPA's. I'm trying to avoid inheritance because I'm coin and tan starved due to prior ALB farm builds.

From past fails I know I need a full board change (Skuld), and solid bind clearing (Isis), and 5 SBR. Kaede is a risky choice on the team since she can wipe out water orbs, Vishnu is risky since the relative skyfall of water drops when his active is up. Artemis I save for bursts so I generally don't have to worry about blues when I pop her.

I have plenty of options but it's taking a lot of experimentation to find the right combination of skills to handle the worst of arena.

EDIT: MACHINE ATHENA. She's here. There's a couple Grodin based cheese teams for tackling it. I have all the components for both sides but my Grodin is woefully underskilled meaning it'll be a lot of stalling. Once I get a chance to look through the dungeon I'll see how much more plausible a Myr clear might be.

I've been prepping her evo mats so that should free a lot of box space once that's done. Plus I can burn Globes on her freeing up a bit more space.

LiQuid!

I wish I could beat 297 Hera but I'm not even gonna try. Too much crap I need to spend stamina on.

Bladelaw

I wish I could beat 297 Hera but I'm not even gonna try. Too much crap I need to spend stamina on.

Don't worry about it. It'd be nice sure but that dungeon is the devil. The first few floors require either short cooldown actives to manage the constant orb trolling or luck. Beyond that it's meant for mostly developed teams that are either just finishing hypermaxing or just about to go down that path. My alt has a decent team and still hasn't cleared it.

So I looked into Machine Athena teams. There's a way to clear it solo with heavy reliance on inheritance and some REM luck. In multi there's a dacho carry for it provided the team carried has Grodin the rest is farmable (It takes a bit over 20 minutes with optimal skill ups longer without).

Solo Grodin team I plan on running when the opportunity presents itself:

Grodin (Sojiro/Jize)
Zeus Dios
Sanosuke (Australis)
Avalon Drake
G/D Ceres (Carat)
Grodin (Raphael)

Interestingly skill binds don't affect this team at all.

Grodin (Sojiro) is for killing Zeal before he becomes a problem
Dios is for kill boards
Sanosuke is for double killers that actually get some use here, Australis pairs with Raph for a kill shot on Star Justice.
Avalon Drake is for the combo check floor
G/D Ceres has machine killer, Carat is for the significant number of skill boosts on this team
Grodin(Raphael) is for Star Justice's resolve.

So I either need a friend Grodin with Raph, or a friend Grodin with a 99 damage active. Note you actually do need Grodin's active to clear the awakening bind. This team relies HEAVILY on the autoheal awakenings on the team without those it's RIP if you don't skyfall hearts.

LiQuid!

Went 5/7 on Ronove skill ups and maxed him, yay

Jagernaut

Don't worry about it. It'd be nice sure but that dungeon is the devil. The first few floors require either short cooldown actives to manage the constant orb trolling or luck. Beyond that it's meant for mostly developed teams that are either just finishing hypermaxing or just about to go down that path. My alt has a decent team and still hasn't cleared it.

So I looked into Machine Athena teams. There's a way to clear it solo with heavy reliance on inheritance and some REM luck. In multi there's a dacho carry for it provided the team carried has Grodin the rest is farmable (It takes a bit over 20 minutes with optimal skill ups longer without).

Solo Grodin team I plan on running when the opportunity presents itself:

Grodin (Sojiro/Jize)
Zeus Dios
Sanosuke (Australis)
Avalon Drake
G/D Ceres (Carat)
Grodin (Raphael)

Interestingly skill binds don't affect this team at all.

Grodin (Sojiro) is for killing Zeal before he becomes a problem
Dios is for kill boards
Sanosuke is for double killers that actually get some use here, Australis pairs with Raph for a kill shot on Star Justice.
Avalon Drake is for the combo check floor
G/D Ceres has machine killer, Carat is for the significant number of skill boosts on this team
Grodin(Raphael) is for Star Justice's resolve.

So I either need a friend Grodin with Raph, or a friend Grodin with a 99 damage active. Note you actually do need Grodin's active to clear the awakening bind. This team relies HEAVILY on the autoheal awakenings on the team without those it's RIP if you don't skyfall hearts.

I watched a video of a solo Godin clear. Looked good but we don't have the update to Godin's skill that removes awakening binds. Folklore will be tough without that.

Bladelaw

I watched a video of a solo Godin clear. Looked good but we don't have the update to Godin's skill that removes awakening binds. Folklore will be tough without that.

Oh man I forgot about that. Not sure how it'll play. I'll give it a go if I can find a compatible Grodin to run it on. Work kept me from tans again so I need to be careful with how I inherit. I really wish they'd rework the tan thing. It's an annoying way to clog the box.

Alternatively people have been having success in coop running Myr. Might be worth giving the dungeon a legit try.

Jagernaut

There is another maintenance Tuesday night and an update. Should be 9.4 which includes +80 to team cost and box space, Myr/BMyr buff to 7.7x atk, and Odin/Odin Dragon buffs to remove awakening binds.

Bladelaw

There is another maintenance Tuesday night and an update. Should be 9.4 which includes +80 to team cost and box space, Myr/BMyr buff to 7.7x atk, and Odin/Odin Dragon buffs to remove awakening binds.
The notes indicate the devil rush change too. If anyone needs grisar skill ups via ALB let me know.

b33r

I went in to mathena blind out of curiosity with my not max skilled Myr. Seemed easy until I got to the combo shield guy. Tried to wait it out and died. Looks like I have to practice some boards for that floor as you have to kill him before the shield ends. 7 combo is not easy with Myr, at least for me.

I went in to mathena blind out of curiosity with my not max skilled Myr. Seemed easy until I got to the combo shield guy. Tried to wait it out and died. Looks like I have to practice some boards for that floor as you have to kill him before the shield ends. 7 combo is not easy with Myr, at least for me.

7 combos with a heart cross lead is a pain in the ass. I still have PTSD from Hera+297. I don't know if I'll try to get M.Athena. Don't know where I'd use her. Don't have green machines.

LiQuid!

Wow... I just pulled my 150 memorial machine on my alt and got Ame no Uzume the same card I got from my main's 150 pull. What are the odds of that??

I ain't even mad tho. I'm lucking my way into a struggle Krishna team on my alt I think between Ame, Laila and the Naga I got randomly. Think I'll pick up a Gigas eventually and see what I can get done.

b33r

7 combos with a heart cross lead is a pain in the ass. I still have PTSD from Hera+297. I don't know if I'll try to get M.Athena. Don't know where I'd use her. Don't have green machines.

Haha yeah, I had problems with You Yu on Hera +297 and that is easier than a heart cross lead.

Kwhit10

Got 5.1% on ranking dungeon. Had to use 2 turns on one floor so I could definitely get higher, but I'll just wait to see how long that lasts in the top 10%.

LiQuid!

Welp, my week old alt account just carried me to my first Friday mythical clear. This is the world I live in now.

Regarding the ranking dungeon, can anyone confirm exactly what the rules mean about using skills? Can you use them at all without penalty or is it just if you finish a floor with a skill that deals direct damage that you lose points?

EDIT: NM figured it out. It's only for direct damage or anything where you don't move orbs.

Bladelaw

Regarding the ranking dungeon, can anyone confirm exactly what the rules mean about using skills? Can you use them at all without penalty or is it just if you finish a floor with a skill that deals direct damage that you lose points?

EDIT: NM figured it out. It's only for direct damage or anything where you don't move orbs.

You got it.

I managed to hit 15% on my first run. I one-shotted everything but Fafnir bacause I flubbed the combo. I didn't use skills until Hadar when there was probably a better opportunity to use I&I's spike for the max damage score. Either way I'm happy enough with that rank. If it looks like I'm going to get pushed out of that bracket I'll give it another go but not until then.

I think given Zeus Vulcan is up today I'll push to make awoken Minerva to prep for her Revo.

jay23

Might be worth using I&I's spike on floor 3&4 will mess around with it for the next 2 days. Trying to get under 10% for my final quest challenge.

Good news about the bargain bundle reset I have some Google rewards that needs to be used.

b33r

I accidentally paired my summyr with Sumire while farming arena. I got Sopdet which is generally the floor that kills me, but it was very easy with that pairing. Then I skyfalled two blue matches on Hino and there went my skills, died on Grisar next floor.

I don't think I can beat Kali with that team without a burst inherit and it takes way more blue orbs to kill some floors, but with it making my trouble floor easy I may look at inherits.

Bladelaw

I accidentally paired my summyr with Sumire while farming arena. I got Sopdet which is generally the floor that kills me, but it was very easy with that pairing. Then I skyfalled two blue matches on Hino and there went my skills, died on Grisar next floor.

I don't think I can beat Kali with that team without a burst inherit and it takes way more blue orbs to kill some floors, but with it making my trouble floor easy I may look at inherits.
If your HP is over 31k you can cross tank the rage hit. Especially with Isis shield on top of that.

Okamid3n

I haven't played Extreme King Metal Dragon in a long time. I had stamina to blow so I offered it on discord. Sadly, I forgot about the pre-emptive on the last floor and that cancelled Anji's defense break. I also used up my Rodin actives and I only had Vritra left, so there was no way out. My partner had no true damage of any kind and so we had to give up.

The dude went ham in private messages and called me a fucking idiot, etc, etc. Thank god for the blocking option. Yeah, I messed up really badly, like really badly, but it's not that big of a deal...

Some people are really not fit to play co-op if they're not ready to lose 50 staminas from time to time. I've had people fuck up on the last hit of mecha Hera and I still wasn't angry at all with them, we even went at it again.

In better news, I hit 7.5% on my first try in the ranking dungeon. I hope it holds, but I'll play it again if it doesn't.

Bladelaw

5 stone rage clear of Machine Athena with Myr solo. I should have brought a shield given that Machine Athena's Storm Punisher FPE one shots me through the cross shield.

Given my budget was 5 stones I'm feeling ok about it. I'd gladly take Machine Athena out from the REM if it happened.

Okamid3n

Do you need anything special to 5-stone Athena with Myr or would any old hypermax cookie-cutter Myr team work? I might go for it too.

Or maybe I'll wait for the Grodin awakening clear buff and cheese it.

Bladelaw

Do you need anything special to 5-stone Athena with Myr or would any old hypermax cookie-cutter Myr team work? I might go for it too.

It could definitely be done in less stones I just fucked up on Courage, I took a 50/50 gamble that she'd use an attack that wouldn't one shot me to clear the board for more hearts and failed.

The real problem is Athena herself and Phact. I had a favorable Apoc board I could use to hit 7 combos on Phact so that was only a 1 turn fight. Every one of Athena's attacks will kill you without the cross. You have a couple options, if you have your actives and plenty of hearts you can whittle her down. Once she's just above 50% you need a decent burst. Next turn she uses Storm Punisher FPE which is a One Hit KO without a supplementary shield. If you can inherit a 50% or better shield combined with the Cross shield you should survive it. Once that's done a decent burst board will kill her. No norse enhance or light enhance needed. Shaitan, raphael, or some other shield option would work too.

My team was:
Myr (Snow White)
Apocalypse
Wukong (Gadius, for SDR and another shot at a 7 combo board)
Elia (Cecil)
Saria (only +59 but hyper wouldn't have helped on the hits that killed me)
Myr (Triface, never used but provided critical SDR vs Justice and Athena)

Only latents were rainbow resist on Myr and +HP/ATK on Apoc and Wukong.

Okamid3n

Thanks for the write-up. I'll probably inherit Raphael on someone and give it a try when I have too much stamina to blow.

I have two board changers on my team, but I bet I'll die to the 7-combo floor anyway.

Top Bottom