• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Thanks for the write-up. I'll probably inherit Raphael on someone and give it a try when I have too much stamina to blow.

I have two board changers on my team, but I bet I'll die to the 7-combo floor anyway.

Yeah I got lucky there. stall on the gear floors and kill everything else ASAP, stall out the awakening bind with crosses. That's about all the advice I've got.

Jagernaut

Do you need anything special to 5-stone Athena with Myr or would any old hypermax cookie-cutter Myr team work? I might go for it too.

Or maybe I'll wait for the Grodin awakening clear buff and cheese it.

I'm waiting for the Godin buff, no hurry. M Athena will just be a side project anyway.

Bladelaw

Machine Athena evolved and Satsuki max skilled. Pretty good PAD day.

I'm just about done with the arena team for Mathena too. The biggest hurdles is mostly getting a leader switch machine fully skilled and getting Mathena herself fully skilled. That's going to be a Py job. I don't think I have it in me to stall through every floor.

YES I finally beat that fat cunt MEDJEDRA after like 5 attempts including one where the fucker only dropped coins

anyway I'm slightly tipsy and only needed MEDJEDRA to awaken isis, who apparently (?) is the queen of utility. now all I need is to get him & sphinx evolved (I even have the materials) and claim her

ugh I hated that dungeon for some reason

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Trying to spruce up my Sumire team. Currently running Sumire + Kraken/Sitri/Alrescha/Andromeda.

I ult evolved my first Sumire and regular evolved my second. Who does my second Sumire replace in the above lineup?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Trying to spruce up my Sumire team. Currently running Sumire + Kraken/Sitri/Alrescha/Andromeda.

I ult evolved my first Sumire and regular evolved my second. Who does my second Sumire replace in the above lineup?

I would drop Kraken - stats/awakenings are just too bad. His active will be rarely needed with all the OE on the team.

Alreshas active is suboptimal for a cross heart team - but her awakenings are good and the active can be used if you dont need to cross heart/or use another Heartmaker after her.

Do you have Isis or any other useful bind cleric ?

Ducarmel

Alrescha breaks hearts so she is useless for a heart cross leader.

I think Nico's Kraken is Kraken Rider which is more useful then Alresha, he has played the game long enough to know farmable kraken is a replaceable by any REM card.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If its Kraken Rider i would drop Alresha, her active is counter productive and not having any skillboost to provide with her current form sucks as well.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Trying to do Angry birds mythical to get myself a couple stones and got the boss down to about 25% HP but when I run out of actives I just can't do anymore damage. Starting to feel the sting of not ensuring my main and alt accounts have compatible leaders. The best I have at the moment is 2x dark att from Jize which is not cutting it.

Bladelaw

Alrescha. She's there for Skill Bind Resistance and emergency blues. Now that everyone's awoken you don't need her SBR and Sumire replaces her haste just fine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry - Kraken Rider, yeah. 5 non-water hearts seems pretty good for Sumire. Alreacha definitely seems like the oddball on the team, so I'll get Sumire leveled and awoken ASAP.

Okamid3n

My first score was getting kicked out of the top 10% so I gave it a few other tries...maybe a dozen. I hit 117,920 points and got 1.5%.

Welp, this one will stay in the top 10%.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn nice work Okami. I watched Dzy do it yesterday and I'm not even going to waste the stamina trying. I'm way too bad at comboing and that premade team has almost no time extend.

For Tsubaki skillups what's the best way to farm Yamato Dragon? I don't think I'm confident enough to run Mythical over and over but PADx doesn't show drop rates for any of the tiers.

edit: oh, I see it's 40% if there's a Mythical available. Yikes :(

Damn nice work Okami. I watched Dzy do it yesterday and I'm not even going to waste the stamina trying. I'm way too bad at comboing and that premade team has almost no time extend.

I haven't done it yet but it looks like you'll get a prize regardless:

Percentile Tiers - Rewards
1% - Crown, Grand PreDRA, Woodpy, Shynpy, Badpy
10% - Grand PreDRA, Woodpy, Shynpy, Badpy
20% - Grand PreDRA, Woodpy, Shynpy
30% - Grand PreDRA, Woodpy
40% - PreDRA, Latent TAMADRA (Wood Dmg. Red.)
50% - PreDRA, Latent TAMADRA (Imp. RCV)
75% - PreDRA
100% - TAMADRA

So if a Tamadra (at least) is worth 2 and a half hours in stamina for you, then it might be worth a shot.

W-00

Plus you get a stone for the first time you clear the challenge, so I'd say that's worth a try.

EDIT: And ninja'd.

Bladelaw

I'm only interested in the ranking dungeon for the Woodpy, anything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Going to be a while until Mathena is max skilled and every little bit helps.

I'm trying to decide what I want to accomplish today. I still need elemental skill ups in the Scarlet Dragon dungeon, I kind of want to skill up woodbahn (low cooldown inheritable delay and enhance isn't bad), I'm also missing some skill ups in coins.

And on the topic of coins anyone else feel like the daily dungeons should be added to coins?

And on the topic of coins anyone else feel like the daily dungeons should be added to coins?

YES

Although Monday could be easily cheesed. The major gating element in the coin dungeons is stamina, and Monday would remove that for a huge part of the player base.

But I need trifruits :(

God bless the bajillion ALB players who are willing to do multiple runs with a Perseus scrub.

LiQuid!

People are way too forgiving of my bad play in this game and it kinda pisses me off tbh. I just did FotNS conqueror with a rando on discord and it was hysterical. Every floor was me matching a fat 4x combo and tickling the bad guy, then my partner doing an infinity combo and nuking it from orbit. I'm like thx for the carry and they were like np you were helpful too (I guess for that one time I actually managed to skyfall a double digit combo and kill something?) Why don't they say swear words at me and then publicly shame me on the server so I make it to some black list where nobody will ever make the mistake of playing with me? They don't owe me anything.

W-00

They don't owe me anything.

Sure they do: stamina. As long as a coop partner isn't so bad that they ruin the run, even a bad partner is preferable to running alone thanks to the stamina bonus. Also, there's the Pal Point bonus, too.

LiQuid!

Having to watch me play isn't worth 25 stamina. I wish I could pay 25 stamina to not have to watch me play.

Ducarmel

To but it in a simple and general way, in the end of the day its a f2p mobile game, not some life or death situation with only one shot at glory.

Thinking about the game and community in a deeper sense, PaD is a little complex once you start thinking about it beyond puzzle solving. It seems to attract the type of people that are patient and willing to learn and share information. So the only people that stick around to play the game are literally people who genuinely enjoy it and share that joy with others.

The grind and learning curve of the game should weed out those that would be the ones that would get mad at poor play in multiplayer.

The "bargain" set reset will be nice, I guess. Hopefully something cute will pop out from the machine. Also there are rumblings they might do a Black Friday deal?

LiQuid!

Just got bargain set on my alt and pulled SunWukong from machine... Suddenly I'm getting the same cards on both of my accounts...

I need PCGF ASAP. I got stoooones.

edit: can I no longer call myself a non-iap player if that's the only $5 I ever spend on PAD? This is important, please advise!

I think IAP suggests a more consistent willingness to vomit money in the general direction of GungHo, like I'm doing, rather than a very occasional one-time/special purchase.

I think "non-IAP" can also refer to the self-imposed challenge of never spending a single cent on the game.

Bladelaw

I give up trying to skill up Raphael #2. 15 runs of scarlet dragon and only 2 drops and no skill ups. I really need to get better at Arena for this. Being able to farm Pys is definitely something I need to hop on.

I need to run Super King Carvival a bunch when my time is on (6pm US East). I'll carry anyone through it if they have a defense break lead or a decent nuke, and 1 skill boost.

b33r

I give up trying to skill up Raphael #2. 15 runs of scarlet dragon and only 2 drops and no skill ups. I really need to get better at Arena for this. Being able to farm Pys is definitely something I need to hop on.

I need to run Super King Carvival a bunch when my time is on (6pm US East). I'll carry anyone through it if they have a defense break lead or a decent nuke, and 1 skill boost.

I think that will be easier when we get Ana since we have nice teams for her. I have a really good summyr team on my JP account and I have about a 90% clear rate when I don't run into Sopdet. When I do it's like 10%...

Hoping anaphon gets that going for me in NA since my Lucifer team is only so so at arena and I can't do Yomi Dragon anymore as I fed my Zeus to make Myr.

Bladelaw

I think that will be easier when we get Ana since we have nice teams for her. I have a really good summyr team on my JP account and I have about a 90% clear rate when I don't run into Sopdet. When I do it's like 10%...

Hoping anaphon gets that going for me in NA since my Lucifer team is only so so at arena and I can't do Yomi Dragon anymore as I fed my Zeus to make Myr.

I never had the latents for the Yomidra solo team. I did manage to max skill a straitos trying to get Elia done though. Maybe I should look at that.

Okamid3n

I inherited Orochi on Venus to deal with Sopdet on my Myr Arena team. Four more turns to make rows, rows and more rows. Plus, Orochi is great on the floor right before Kali, since none of the bosses have a status shield on that floor and four turns of stalling gives me back my Venus light enhance skill as well as most of my other skills. Makes the Kalis basically free except when skyfalls bring light Kali down to under 5%...like in my last run.

I honestly never run out of orb changers even with Venus having a delay instead of an orb-change.

Jagernaut

Good 4x skillup week for me. I just finished skilling all 3 elementals, Genie, Thanatos, and Shaitan. Also finished Grisar the other day.

Bladelaw

I inherited Orochi on Venus to deal with Sopdet on my Myr Arena team. Four more turns to make rows, rows and more rows. Plus, Orochi is great on the floor right before Kali, since none of the bosses have a status shield on that floor and four turns of stalling gives me back my Venus light enhance skill as well as most of my other skills. Makes the Kalis basically free except when skyfalls bring light Kali down to under 5%...like in my last run.

I honestly never run out of orb changers even with Venus having a delay instead of an orb-change.

I need to get a max skilled Venus. Currently level 2. Worth using Shynpys?

Okamid3n

I'd say so, I often switch her inherited skill to whatever suits my need for a dungeon. She's a great base and her default skill of light orb enhance is a good enough boost to comfortably one-shot DKali with a 2/3 board.

(For commoners like me who don't have light Akechi)

b33r

That would be good for my summyr team for sure, though I use Orochi a lot on my teams. I may actually try putting my Scheat on Orochi or another card and using Orochi in her place as the cannon.

Finally got my Myr fully evolved. Gathering all those mats took way too long, especially because I was too busy to really plan out what I needed. Worth it though, because both my main and alt have solid Myr teams. I really love Gremory, but haven't mastered arena solo with her. Myr co-op should be a breeze.

Bladelaw

Finally got my Myr fully evolved. Gathering all those mats took way too long, especially because I was too busy to really plan out what I needed. Worth it though, because both my main and alt have solid Myr teams. I really love Gremory, but haven't mastered arena solo with her. Myr co-op should be a breeze.

Yeah, I'm wishing I had more than 1 solid Myr sub on my alt. Basically it's Myr, Sherias Roots, Gleaming Rabbit Dragon, Apocalypse, and Wedding Cinderella. It's pretty jank but works well enough for any descends that roll around. I don't know that I would trust it in Arena even in coop.

Yeah, I'm wishing I had more than 1 solid Myr sub on my alt. Basically it's Myr, Sherias Roots, Gleaming Rabbit Dragon, Apocalypse, and Wedding Cinderella. It's pretty jank but works well enough for any descends that roll around. I don't know that I would trust it in Arena even in coop.

I just realized the other day that my alt has a Venus I've literally never used. I can run something like Venus/Saria/ADQXQ/L.Akechi, maybe even use L.Akechi as an inherit on my Myr. Don't have to stoop to poverty subs at all. Even have a unicorn rider which I could try out.

Now I just need like a dozen skill ups on my main and all of them on my alt.

LiQuid!

Haha, thanks for the skc run Jager. Discord randos couldn't cope with my level of noob but you had no problem.

thanks to skc, a snow globe, and a PAL pull, she's MINE

ZTET5p0.png

....now to figure out where to put her
grave.gif

Ronove maybe

b33r

I switched Orochi in for Scheat on my Summyr team. Beat arena 5 times in a row, Sopdet didn't show up one time to test lol. He hits just about as hard as Scheat, so prong and heart cross kill most everything, but I miss Scheat to summyr kill boards. If this makes sopdet tolerable though, it'll be worth it.

Taking a break, with 2x exp on arena in JP it felt like I could go non-stop.

LiQuid!

72.4%

At least I narrowly avoided the bottom tier!

52.something on my alt. I'm gonna take my stones and go home.

Okamid3n

Yea, I really want to test my consistency on Sopdet but I never get him anymore. The math checks out, though...

The best Arena 1 feeling for me is when I have enough firepower left to one-shot the py. It's only happened once so far.

Edit : speaking of the devil, here's Sopdet. Yep, the extra four turns make him pretty easy.

Ok, so apparently the 2x % drop rates affects boss drop rates on legend, because I ran Scarlet Sky legend four times in a row for Tsubaki skillups and got a drop every time. I won't complain.

Also my rank 250 machine spat out another Tsubaki. I'm taking it as a sign. A terrible, evil, potentially enjoyable sign.

LiQuid!

Anybody happen to need a last minute FotNS clear for stone still? Wouldn't mind going thru with my alt. Only team I have atm is my devil dark rows. My Krishna team is very very WIP still but if the leader skill will help us get thru I can use him. Both basically nonexistant SB.

https://www.padherder.com/user/LiQuitas2/monsters

ed: nm I'm good, oh apparently the guy I just coop'd with is one of the mods on the discord server I dunno how I missed his gigantic yellow name...

Jonsoncao

Banned
Score's not going to hold; I had to use three actives due to orb screw / failing to clear jammers.

On the first try of the ranking, I passed the wood dragon on the third without an active. But later I got orb trolled and have to use Kali. Now I just cannot replicate that run, beating that wood dragon in a shot without actives...I guess I will settle for 3.5%.

On the first try of the ranking, I passed the wood dragon on the third without an active. But later I got orb trolled and have to use Kali. Now I just cannot replicate that run, beating that wood dragon in a shot without actives...I guess I will settle for 3.5%.

Many guides I've read recommend you to burn I&I rune enhance on that floor and the next that has the high def whiskey dragon (although I didn't for my now 1.0% run). Your highest single source of damage is I&I's TPA so you want to make sure you get in one or more prongs on those two floors for the extra points from max damage calculation.

I can't get a higher score anymore though, the worst floor for me is the one with the archangel cause of the jammers :(

This ranking dungeon is my personal worst, and I don't have it in me to try for a higher score. I'm terrible at color match and I'm not used to have so few fingers. Not fun at all. I'll wait for another one to try for top 10% and the badge.

Top Bottom