• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Okamid3n

Z8 is my go to farm, it's extremely easy, gives a boat load of experience and Super King metal. Scarlet and Linthia are the backups but they can be a pain sometimes depending on randomness.

I don't have the teams that people use to farm Z8 on Discord, so it's not an option. I mean, I could make a fourth Dios since that's one of the teams people use, but....ugh, please, no more Dios skilling up.

Scarlet and Linthia have almost no randomness, though, with the standard ALB teams used on Discord. Linthia gives tons of exp and Scarlet lets me skill up a Scarlet system. I mean, you can indeed get really unlucky, I guess, but it's not happened to me yet.

As for the Godfest, it doesn't seem very good for me. I'll try to hold on to my stones again.

J0dy77

I don't have the teams that people use to farm Z8 on Discord, so it's not an option. I mean, I could make a fourth Dios since that's one of the teams people use, but....ugh, please, no more Dios skilling up.

Scarlet and Linthia have almost no randomness, though, with the standard ALB teams used on Discord. Linthia gives tons of exp and Scarlet lets me skill up a Scarlet system. I mean, you can indeed get really unlucky, I guess, but it's not happened to me yet.

As for the Godfest, it doesn't seem very good for me. I'll try to hold on to my stones again.

I run everything solo, hence the randomness with actives and bad boards ruining a run. Most of the time its me just playing while not really paying attention and with Myr one mess up usually means a wipe.

Jagernaut

I run everything solo, hence the randomness with actives and bad boards ruining a run. Most of the time its me just playing while not really paying attention and with Myr one mess up usually means a wipe.

I'm suprised you run them solo. Coop with ALB teams made max skilling Myr and others tolerable and reasonably fast.

Terrible godfest for me...

Still need like 4 kaedes but there's no use rolling for 1-2 interesting/useful cards

Want armored Batman though, insane buff

jiggle

I wasn't gonna roll gf jpn until day 2
But couldn't resist the temptation!

Fruit dragon -.-;

Can't decide
3000 MP or feed it for +50
This account is a LONG way from reaching 300k MP so...

jay23

I wasn't gonna roll gf jpn until day 2
But couldn't resist the temptation!

Fruit dragon -.-;

Can't decide
3000 MP or feed it for +50
This account is a LONG way from reaching 300k MP so...

Id sell for mp, 50 plus eggs is nothing nowadays we get those during challenges.

Okamid3n

Depends how far you are in the game.

3000 mp = 5-6 runs of a rogue dungeon in co-op which is worth 125-150 staminas.

+50 eggs = 5 runs of Star treasure thieves' den, which is worth 125 stamina in co-op.

It's basically a wash if you can farm mp.

I sell +30 silvers but I can go either way on +50.

If you can't farm mp, then I guess selling works.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I went and did a FULL inventory of my box and updated my PAD Herder.

Here's the link.

I've realized I have a TON of stuff to work on. But right now, I'm trying to get some focus. My main 3 teams I run right now are:

Team 1 (Descended team, paired with partner Ronove):
2995.png
2970.png
2971.png
1747.png
1074.png

This team works fine most of the time, but I've been heart screwed multiple times. Not only do I need skill levels on Ronove and Sumire (soon), but Tsubaki and LKali are both counter-productive choices. I'd like to think I have a better alternative in my box, but I'm not really sure.

Team 2 (paired with Sumire, You Yu, or BMyr):
2971.png
2144.png
1068.png
2096.png
2993.png

Once both Sumire are max skilled, this team gives me Sumire actives available on turn 1. As a result, I should have access to all my actives early on and not have too much trouble with short dungeons.

Team 3 (paired with Tsubaki, Dios farm, maybe my new rank farming team):
2970.png
2265.png
1066.png
800.png
2190.png

So the 76.5625x is way better than I thought. I kept matching 5o1e with light and not fire. Once I realized that wasn't doing it for me, she opened up to one of my favorite ez-mode leaders. Markab makes a lot of sense here because of his active. But the rest seems lackluster in their place. I feel like Sanada needs to go - he takes away light orbs. I also think I need to work on REvo Yamato (mostly because he'll double as a good lead if I want to do fire rows). Outside of that, I'm not sure where to take this team. It's sub-optimal but is a lot of fun to play (also big numbers that aren't hard to hit).

Of my 3 main teams, Ronove is easily the most powerful, but he takes a lot more focus to play. He's also CRAZY susceptible to bind issues right now (as I'm lacking a good sub for that fix). Anyone who gets bored and feels like helping me out...I'm also looking for some other fun teams to mess around with. I'd also love some help on what I can run to simplify some of the daily Mythical dungeons. Right now:

Monday = Ronove
Tuesday = Ronove or Sumire
Wednesday = Sumire
Thursday = Ronove, think I can do Tsubaki
Friday = Ronove

Ronove is great, but I've failed the dungeon due to heart trolling before. While I don't have the subs to run optimal teams, I'm trying to find better clear rates for easy farming of those.

I appreciate any help!

Jagernaut

I'm trying M Athena solo (coop then disconnect to save stamina) with the double Godin team. This is the first time I've seen the blind orbs with a countdown, are they dangerous? Should I keep them separated?

J0dy77

I'm suprised you run them solo. Coop with ALB teams made max skilling Myr and others tolerable and reasonably fast.

Skilling up Myr was insanely painful. I did it 100% solo with XM grind. I just got Lui Bei a month or so ago so I didn't have the option of easy farm at the time.

I still haven't used Liu Bei. I have the team mostly done but no plus eggs. I havent had the desire to look into the team options. Do I have to have tengu or can I use Artemis and Avalon in the last slots?

J0dy77

So I went and did a FULL inventory of my box and updated my PAD Herder.

Here's the link.

I've realized I have a TON of stuff to work on. But right now, I'm trying to get some focus. My main 3 teams I run right now are:

Team 1 (Descended team, paired with partner Ronove):
2995.png
2970.png
2971.png
1747.png
1074.png

This team works fine most of the time, but I've been heart screwed multiple times. Not only do I need skill levels on Ronove and Sumire (soon), but Tsubaki and LKali are both counter-productive choices. I'd like to think I have a better alternative in my box, but I'm not really sure.

Team 2 (paired with Sumire, You Yu, or BMyr):
2971.png
2144.png
1068.png
2096.png
2993.png

Once both Sumire are max skilled, this team gives me Sumire actives available on turn 1. As a result, I should have access to all my actives early on and not have too much trouble with short dungeons.

Team 3 (paired with Tsubaki, Dios farm, maybe my new rank farming team):
2970.png
2265.png
1066.png
800.png
2190.png

So the 76.5625x is way better than I thought. I kept matching 5o1e with light and not fire. Once I realized that wasn't doing it for me, she opened up to one of my favorite ez-mode leaders. Markab makes a lot of sense here because of his active. But the rest seems lackluster in their place. I feel like Sanada needs to go - he takes away light orbs. I also think I need to work on REvo Yamato (mostly because he'll double as a good lead if I want to do fire rows). Outside of that, I'm not sure where to take this team. It's sub-optimal but is a lot of fun to play (also big numbers that aren't hard to hit).

Of my 3 main teams, Ronove is easily the most powerful, but he takes a lot more focus to play. He's also CRAZY susceptible to bind issues right now (as I'm lacking a good sub for that fix). Anyone who gets bored and feels like helping me out...I'm also looking for some other fun teams to mess around with. I'd also love some help on what I can run to simplify some of the daily Mythical dungeons. Right now:

Monday = Ronove
Tuesday = Ronove or Sumire
Wednesday = Sumire
Thursday = Ronove, think I can do Tsubaki
Friday = Ronove

Ronove is great, but I've failed the dungeon due to heart trolling before. While I don't have the subs to run optimal teams, I'm trying to find better clear rates for easy farming of those.

I appreciate any help!

At av quick glance I think you have it covered. I'd recommend using blonia over kraken rider. Her stats are much much better and much better active skill. When I play sumire I don't even bother with cross matching and focus on blue 5 match and tpa or rows paired with you yu. Cross is just there for safety when needed.

I don't know much about roanove but I'd try to work in blue Sherias over Kali on that team.

Saw you picked up Myr. If you want me to drag you through anything you can just put Myr in lead and I can clear the content. Can probably even do some legend plus content. Start throwing eggs on her.

Jagernaut

Skilling up Myr was insanely painful. I did it 100% solo with XM grind. I just got Lui Bei a month or so ago so I didn't have the option of easy farm at the time.

I still haven't used Liu Bei. I have the team mostly done but no plus eggs. I havent had the desire to look into the team options. Do I have to have tengu or can I use Artemis and Avalon in the last slots?

My standard ALB team is 3 hyper Dios and Avalon Drake. Sometimes I put in +99 atk Leeza for her dragon killer, or Kaoru to make a 6 combo board, or Raphael for 2 turns no damage. Sometimes you need enhance so I use Ultimate Hera Beorc or Freyja.

b33r

I'm trying M Athena solo (coop then disconnect to save stamina) with the double Godin team. This is the first time I've seen the blind orbs with a countdown, are they dangerous? Should I keep them separated?

You just can't see them, like a blind you can touch them without moving and see what they are. So you can touch them and see what they are before moving orbs, so you can plan your moves.

J0dy77

My standard ALB team is 3 hyper Dios and Avalon Drake. Sometimes I put in +99 atk Leeza for her dragon killer, or Kaoru to make a 6 combo board, or Raphael for 2 turns no damage. Sometimes you need enhance so I use Ultimate Hera Beorc or Freyja.

Are you fully plussed on the team? No freyja for me is the third that critical? Really don't want to farm another dios again or dump pluses into this team.

Jagernaut

Are you fully plussed on the team? No freyja for me is the third that critical? Really don't want to farm another dios again or dump pluses into this team.

My ALB and 3 Dios are hyper, haven't plussed Drake yet. Because of the multi boost awakening Dios has the highest attack on the team in coop, and has 2 skill boosts to get everything up 1st turn. For most content you can replace the 3rd Dios with bicolor or double orb changer but if the boss is red or has a big shield Dios is much better.

Edit. I never planned to hyper 3 Dios but the team was so effective that I decided to invest in it. Worth it for the amount of difficult content I cleared, and mp farmed.

Jagernaut

I made it to floor 8 of Machine Athena and then failed, didn't realize I needed 3 skill delay resists on my Dios. I could try with my Dios that has inherit but I have to make sure not to charge 2nd skill on several floors.

Okamid3n

I just hit 120 million on Arena 1 DKali with a single sub with my Myr team. 240 million if she didn't have the 50% shield up. On one sub only.

I remember last year when I posted here about how happy I was with my GZL hitting 3 million attack on one sub. Those were simpler days...

(Actually, it was probably further than a year ago.)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Any good farmables in the batman collab besides Bane?

BTW, I'm going to go ahead and say the skill up x3 going on at the moment is a LIE. Something like 20 samurai goblins fed to my gigas and ONE skill up. It was so bad I double checked before every fusion just to make sure I was feeding the right skill. Also I'm 1 for 8 on L.Kali skillups from angelits. Never had luck this bad during an x3 before.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sumire max skill GET!

Have I mentioned how much I love farmed up ALBros??

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sumire max skill GET!

Have I mentioned how much I love farmed up ALBros??

Nice - if you need a Hyper Sumire friend shoot me a request if we arent already friends.
2nd time worked for Machine Athena. Godin team is pretty safe but slow. Too slow to farm for skillups.

Congrats !!
Probably been posted already...but what does the Godin Cheese team for Athena looks like ? And how long did it take you ? Maybe i can give it a try - have a non skilled Godin that have been collecting dust for years xD

LiQuid!

I'm still working on mine. I need to find someone on Discord to go ham with.
Probably took 18-20 feeds to get her maxed. Never had so much trouble skilling anything in this game.

Nice - if you need a Hyper Sumire friend shoot me a request if we arent already friends.
I desperately need some subs before I can actually use her as a leader. My blue representation in my box is disastrous at this point. For now I just subbed her in for Kraken Rider on my Ronove team.

Jagernaut

Congrats !!
Probably been posted already...but what does the Godin Cheese team for Athena looks like ? And how long did it take you ? Maybe i can give it a try - have a non skilled Godin that have been collecting dust for years xD

I posted this video earlier:

https://youtu.be/fBZtkOlONyQ

Godin - max skilled with Jize or Sojiro inherit
Awoken Liu Bei
Zeus Dios - with 3 sdr or long inherit
Hera Beorc
Australis - Freyja inherit
Godin - max skilled with Raphael inherit

On floor 1 you need true damage (or big combo) to kill Aqua Gear before Earth Golem's turn comes up. As long as there is only 1 enemy, most attacks in the dungeon can't kill you. The few that can kill you can be shielded with Raphael.

It took me about 30 - 40 minutes to clear.

LiQuid!

This seems like a dumb question but is there some kind of farmable team I can put together on my alt account that will help me get into some SKC and other dragon farm co-ops?

I think I mainly just need some kind of button lead. I think I could probably do Tengu with this guy to get a couple of those for SBs, but I feel like I missed out by making this account after Kenshin was over so now I'll never get a maxed out Anji on it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This seems like a dumb question but is there some kind of farmable team I can put together on my alt account that will help me get into some SKC and other dragon farm co-ops?

I think I mainly just need some kind of button lead. I think I could probably do Tengu with this guy to get a couple of those for SBs, but I feel like I missed out by making this account after Kenshin was over so now I'll never get a maxed out Anji on it.

Goemon maybe?

jiggle

Lol no idea how this happened
Somehow I ended up dumping all my stones into the crappy jpn godfest
Even though I wasn't getting anything good
I couldn't stop myself D:
Was I drunk? Lol
AoG4tpPl.jpg

jay23

Lol no idea how this happened
Somehow I ended up dumping all my stones into the crappy jpn godfest
Even though I wasn't getting anything good
I couldn't stop myself D:
Was I drunk? Lol
AoG4tpPl.jpg

Yikes what kind of GF was that? I'd be really upset with those rolls.

jiggle

Ok I'll look into it. Hopefully it's not too hard to farm.

You got Nell, GF redeemed.
Lol
I actually could use jize and valen
But ended up with the 3 I have no use for XD

Yikes what kind of GF was that? I'd be really upset with those rolls.
I know!
It's a really weird/terrible GF with a random preselection of cards
No pantheons or most of the GF exclusives
I hope it never comes to NA

yami4ct

Unicorn Rider is a pretty great card for Myr MP and Hades is good for inherit so not all the worst thing, but not a great roll set for sure.

I pulled once, got Ronove and bailed.

LiQuid!

I was only half joking before but I mean it this time, the 3x skill up is bullshit. I just fed 12 fodders to some farmable stuff on my alt and got 1 skill up. I'll expect an apology and some Piis in my mailbox by the end of next week, Gung Ho.

Is it worth investing in Balboa?

For a sub his awakenings are meh and his active seems useless in most relevant dungeons with all the damn shields. I don't understand the usefulness of his LS compared to the greens I already have and the common co-op monsters.

jiggle

Is it worth investing in Balboa?

For a sub his awakenings are meh and his active seems useless in most relevant dungeons with all the damn shields. I don't understand the usefulness of his LS compared to the greens I already have and the common co-op monsters.
2/36/2 team if paired with a.artemis
Not bad at all

W-00

Finally beat Gran Reverse to finish clearing the Dark Challenge. Pandora and ALB kept having horrible luck with Ronia, so I decided to switch to my Ryune team. I only have one A. I&I friend, and had bad luck with them (though still better, since my bad luck that time was knocking Narg into insta-kill range), so I partnered with a You Yu and just breezed through it.

Well, I shouldn't say that. Without A. I&I's recovery boost, it was hard getting back into a safe HP range after Gronia's gravity and I had a close call, but it was still way better than anything else I tried. Having two tricolor board changes really helped.

After I finished I had a bit of a moment of confusion, because it only then struck me that I'd been making 5o1e combos as if I'd been playing with Sumire, but Ryune didn't use them so I didn't know why they had been triggering. But of course You Yu uses them.

cw_sasuke

Think ill pull 5-6 times later - hoping for Spica, Antares or Ronove *believe*
I desperately need some subs before I can actually use her as a leader. My blue representation in my box is disastrous at this point. For now I just subbed her in for Kraken Rider on my Ronove team.
Alright then - keep on working on that squad, blue teams need more love.

I posted this video earlier:

https://youtu.be/fBZtkOlONyQ

Godin - max skilled with Jize or Sojiro inherit
Awoken Liu Bei
Zeus Dios - with 3 sdr or long inherit
Hera Beorc
Australis - Freyja inherit
Godin - max skilled with Raphael inherit

On floor 1 you need true damage (or big combo) to kill Aqua Gear before Earth Golem's turn comes up. As long as there is only 1 enemy, most attacks in the dungeon can't kill you. The few that can kill you can be shielded with Raphael.

It took me about 30 - 40 minutes to clear.

Thanks for the explanation.
It looks like i will have to max skill my Godin at some point - guess its time to start running the 99stam Tamadra stage. Wish the stage would also drop Blodin skillup fodder, since my Rodin is already max skilled.

Otherwise i have the rest of the needed subs so i can attempt it after i max skill Godin. In the video all units are hyper - is it essential to have them all max egged ?

jiggle

Wow tsubaki solo destroys scarlet

Edit:
Just tried the tsubaki method on scarlet (multi) and won :0
Couldn't do it at all using a.liubei team that was decked out in row enhance but no dios

decided to roll 2x each day for whatever, got sea serpent :( and Pollux, who seems cute I guess but I have no use for her at the moment

awakenings seem very nice for sub potential.

cw_sasuke

Was going to do 3 pulls today and 3 tomorrow...said screw it and went all in hoping for Spica. Ended up with 3 crappy pulls (Ariel, Horus and Salamander WTF) ...and 3 good ones (Ra dupe, my first Saria....and this bad boy.

Really happy . there arent a lot of water units left for me to improve my team but he seems badass.

Edit:
Man he is the perfect YY sub.

Nice, sometimes i forget how powerful he already is because Sumire/Kaede outshined her on release.

LiQuid!

Just pulled once on the alt since I've got over a hundred stones saved up and got Amon. Does nothing for him.

LiQuid!

I'm sure it's no big deal to you guys, but after about 4 or 5 attempts to beat Legendary Seaway that consisted of me trying so hard to combo high enough to break enemy defense on the first floor, failing, and then getting one shot, wasting 88 stamina near instantly, I finally beat that shit. Went in with GZL lead and my best green pronger subs and Sylvie for the HP boost so I could tank a couple hits (and emergency oh shit heals, or heal break with CuChu for burst) and it worked perfectly. My mistake was trying to use Bacetet the first handful of times when I know god damned well I can't combo to save my life. Feels good to have that out of the way but now I get to try and formulate a plan to do it in challenge mode...

Top Bottom