• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

jiggle

Saria's great though. I'm glad I pulled a duplicate from the rank 250 REM since my XM will finally have a good skill inherit again (after Gold Contract Dragon rolls through in a few weeks). Had to pull my original one off to use as a Myr sub.
Especially with ilm coming
She's so good in so many ways

Bladelaw

Saved 4 pulls for my alt hoping for Krishna and ended up pulling a second Sherias Roots. not sure how I should feel about this. The three other pulls were Algedi, Chrono Turtle, and Sharon. Algedi will be useful once she gets an ult as a skill inheritance base but CT continues to be trash. So uh what does one do with a second Roots? I'm still lacking the optimal team (Isis is serving bind clear and color coverage duty).

Saving stones on my main since there isn't a whole lot I need on that account. I'm working on grabbing evo mats for Ra Dragon. Just need 3 Angelits, 6 Super Metals, and 9 Devilits to have everything ready to go day 1.

JP I'm just building up stones and clearing Quests. The heroine machine was super kind and I haven't run into much to kill me yet. I'm looking at skilling up Siegfried from the challenges. Hopefully that will give me enough blues to ride out my super low HP while I build up my box. Free FF roll was Onion Knight.

jiggle

Was hoping for the newly crowned dairy queen

But it's fate that my free pulls were from my fav ff, useless rinoa and useless squall
Whatever

b33r

Meri is so strong for farming bladelaw. She's got the rcv of a Sonia with 100x for matching 8 orbs. 1 row of 6 blue orbs and no other combos will kill 99% of floors in this game and 3 hearts will completely heal the team. Work on getting any blue orb makers and she will take you far.

Also I yolo rolled the ff machine and got Tifa, her new uvo looks interesting.

Bladelaw

Meri is so strong for farming bladelaw. She's got the rcv of a Sonia with 100x for matching 8 orbs. 1 row of 6 blue orbs and no other combos will kill 99% of floors in this game and 3 hearts will completely heal the team. Work on getting any blue orb makers and she will take you far.

Also I yolo rolled the ff machine and got Tifa, her new uvo looks interesting.

I'm working on it. I need coins to finish plussing her but I'll be hypermaxed soon which is ridiculous considering my JP account is like 2 weeks old. I have Seigfried but I still need Kamui

b33r

You're going to trip out when you get a team going for her. She is the best farming lead I ever used. I never co-op in JP, but when you get her up and running we can probably destroy content.

Quantum

New gimmicks for the FF collab gacha; everybody gets a rank 50 memorial roll in it plus every day boosts the pull rate for one of the gold eggs.

I really like FF - I rolled a few packs (I think) last time - there is almost no chance of me rolling in it this time,

this type of thing is the only thing that scares me because there are always one or two that I don't have.

J0dy77

Finally found some time and desire to finish the one shot challenge. Got to Zeus dragon with little effort with Myr, brought him down to 20% and just messed up not knowing how the resolve mechanic works. His 500% hp reduction wiped me. Spent the one stone and had all actives so just cleared him after that. Net zero stones for Zeus dragon, I'll take that.

For his 20 million resolve is that total damage or from one source? That's what kind of held me up and had me chip away slowly. Well balanced fight for myr though, had fun with it.

Bladelaw

Finally found some time and desire to finish the one shot challenge. Got to Zeus dragon with little effort with Myr, brought him down to 20% and just messed up not knowing how the resolve mechanic works. His 500% hp reduction wiped me. Spent the one stone and had all actives so just cleared him after that. Net zero stones for Zeus dragon, I'll take that.

For his 20 million resolve is that total damage or from one source? That's what kind of held me up and had me chip away slowly. Well balanced fight for myr though, had fun with it.

Any one source. Each card can do 19,999,999 damage and it'll be fine.

J0dy77

Any one source. Each card can do 19,999,999 damage and it'll be fine.

Yeah I kind of figured that after. I was way too cautious. I was stalling away at 30% with every active ready including final devotion/dqxq. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

Now I'm debating if I should buy Ra dragon. I didn't have the MP when he was at the top of the leader tier. Had I known he was going to get this buff I'd have bought him on his way down. I've.got dual kali for the team but missing Isis and Indra or other suggested last slot cards. What's everyone else planning?

Aesnath

OK, recent GF rolls

1.Water dragon knight (seems pretty lame, I have better water heartbreakers)
2.Moon dragon caller Satsuki (I don't know, I mean the active is solid, but somehow she only has two evos? I might sell her, I'm not sure)
3.Gadius (seems solid, I'm not sure if I want to do a team with him, but there are reasons it could work--Minerva, Saria, Tsubaki seem like a solid start to a team for him)
4. Exa-Hydra (skill transfer, I guess?)
5. Thanatos (people online say to keep it, but it seems kinda unimpressive. Plus I'll need to skill it up a lot)

Actually, what do you all think about Gadius as a skill inherit on Gremory? Sure, it isn't ideal, but mostly I want something as a skill delay buffer that, if it gets activated will still make hearts and dark orbs. Does anyone know what the expected orb breakdown of Gadius' active is?

Jagernaut

Thanatos skill is very useful for some dungeons like Myr. You can skill him up running Scarlet Sky Dimension dragon or Green Earth Dimension dragon (no evolving needed). I wouldn't sell him.

Bladelaw

Yeah I kind of figured that after. I was way too cautious. I was stalling away at 30% with every active ready including final devotion/dqxq. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

Now I'm debating if I should buy Ra dragon. I didn't have the MP when he was at the top of the leader tier. Had I known he was going to get this buff I'd have bought him on his way down. I've.got dual kali for the team but missing Isis and Indra or other suggested last slot cards. What's everyone else planning?

I'm planning on running
Ra Dragon
Dkali
Dkali
Ariel (Muse or Sheen inherit depending on if the shorter cooldown is worth the drop in damage)
Isis (Indra)

Fully unbindable, full color coverage, light TPAs for days and a burst capable of downing most things. I'd use Uevo Kanna if I had her over Ariel.

Star Justice is in the Descend challenge.

fuck
There's a couple ALB cheese teams that get around that dungeon's bullshit. Grodin also makes Homura's resolve manageable.

OK, recent GF rolls

1.Water dragon knight (seems pretty lame, I have better water heartbreakers)
2.Moon dragon caller Satsuki (I don't know, I mean the active is solid, but somehow she only has two evos? I might sell her, I'm not sure)
3.Gadius (seems solid, I'm not sure if I want to do a team with him, but there are reasons it could work--Minerva, Saria, Tsubaki seem like a solid start to a team for him)
4. Exa-Hydra (skill transfer, I guess?)
5. Thanatos (people online say to keep it, but it seems kinda unimpressive. Plus I'll need to skill it up a lot)

Actually, what do you all think about Gadius as a skill inherit on Gremory? Sure, it isn't ideal, but mostly I want something as a skill delay buffer that, if it gets activated will still make hearts and dark orbs. Does anyone know what the expected orb breakdown of Gadius' active is?
I don't like Gadius's board. It's super trolly. Ideally you'd get a perfect split of fire, light, dark, and heart (7-8 orbs per color). Realistically you always get 3 of whatever orb you need and a ton of any other useless color. It's fine on Xiang Mei since you can fix it with Uriel and ok on Myr because you can usually convert fire and/or dark but otherwise it's too risky.

So for Star Justice I have an "a" team setup that should work. All the B team should need is ALB/Dios and enough SBR to hit 100%

The A Team has
Gravity for floor 1 (Hades is nice for the TE to make combos)
99 True damage for floor 3
Dios for floor 5
Raph-->Heartbreak for floor 7

FL1: A: Grav + ALB 4 combo kill
FL2: B: Dios
FL3: A: 99 true damage
FL4: A: Pass B: Dios
FL5: A: Dios
FL6: B: Dios
FL7: A: Raph--> Heartbreak

I'm planning on running:
ALB (Hades)
Sanosuke (Sojiro)
Dios
Tengu (Raphael)
Spica

Partner ALB should either be no inherit or up after floor 1 so ALB active is available floor 1. Ideal B team is ALB, Dios, Dios, Dios, Perseus/Spica/Freyja with special consideration for freyja (pop on floor 6).

Ultimate God Rush Mythical+

Edit: I figured out why I wasn't getting adventurers. There was a setting that for whatever reason got checked off after the update

So for Star Justice I have an "a" team setup that should work. All the B team should need is ALB/Dios and enough SBR to hit 100%

The A Team has
Gravity for floor 1 (Hades is nice for the TE to make combos)
99 True damage for floor 3
Dios for floor 5
Raph-->Heartbreak for floor 7

FL1: A: Grav + ALB 4 combo kill
FL2: B: Dios
FL3: A: 99 true damage
FL4: A: Pass B: Dios
FL5: A: Dios
FL6: B: Dios
FL7: A: Raph--> Heartbreak

I'm planning on running:
ALB (Hades)
Sanosuke (Sojiro)
Dios
Tengu (Raphael)
Spica

Partner ALB should either be no inherit or up after floor 1 so ALB active is available floor 1. Ideal B team is ALB, Dios, Dios, Dios, Perseus/Spica/Freyja with special consideration for freyja (pop on floor 6).

Do the Dios need to have their +s? I can make the B team with Freyja.

Bladelaw

Do the Dios need to have their +s? I can make the B team with Freyja.

Verche is the only concern I have regarding +'s. Probably ok but I'd be willing to test it.
Edit: I mathed wrong. Perseus is the optimal sub for that last slot because you need 22 SB between both teams to have Hades up Turn 1. Freyja only has 1 SB. Possibly inheriting Australis on a Tengu instead of the third Dios could work if Perseus isn't an option.
We could also stall a turn on Homura and pass back. Slower but should still work fine.

ccbfan

Ultimate God Rush Mythical+

Edit: I figured out why I wasn't getting adventurers. There was a setting that for whatever reason got checked off after the update

what Cosmo said.
Just be aware there's a lot of trouble in there including a combo shield do your research to make sure you can handle it, or can get carried.

Just looked at Ultimate God Rush Mythical+

Looks doable with ALB/Grodin cheese. Just need 9 auto heals.

Gonna

Grodin (4)
Grodin (4)
Cauchemar (1) (With some enhance green/Increase damage inherit not even sure you need)
Zues D
Sasuke (With poison Inherit)

ALB

F1 - Charge/Nuke
F2 - Charge/Nuke
F3 - Charge/Nuke (Make sure poison and Zeus is up)
F4 - Poison or Nuke
F5 - Charge/Keep trying to kill with combo. (Make sure Zeus and green damage enhance is up.
F5 - Zeus + green damage enhance is insta win

nico@GAF showed up as a random ronove :eek:

I decided that it's not really worth trying for myr if I can't evolve her all the way and I already have some good heart cross leaders in Ronove and Sumire so I'll mark it down as something to aspire to in the future.

Jagernaut

Verche is the only concern I have regarding +'s. Probably ok but I'd be willing to test it.
Edit: I mathed wrong. Perseus is the optimal sub for that last slot because you need 22 SB between both teams to have Hades up Turn 1. Freyja only has 1 SB. Possibly inheriting Australis on a Tengu instead of the third Dios could work if Perseus isn't an option.
We could also stall a turn on Homura and pass back. Slower but should still work fine.

I kept a screenshot of the last time we ran it 2 months ago. I need to run it again now when you have time.

Ul7BIpa.jpg

Bladelaw

I kept a screenshot of the last time we ran it 2 months ago. I need to run it again now when you have time.

Thanks for the reminder. The advantage to using the team I posted recently is the player 2 side doesn't need any inherits and can use mostly Dios. For me the bonus is having more time to combo on Homura (Something I recall routinely botching). Either way I'll run the A side for a few folks when I get home. If you have Spica she's probably better than Perseus in G/B form. EDIT: Wait is the challenge version All ATT Req'd too? shiiiiit. This changes the B team comp by a fair amount lol

I really wish I could get a Krishna on my alt. The team is super fun to play and I have a near optimal team. Oh well cooping with Randoms works too.

Assuming you can get Orpharion parts and Another Justice from this (and Cosmo did so yay!) I plan on running it a lot this week. Orpharion is my only real long term goal at this point. I have teams that can farm all the content his drops show up in (MZeus being the kind of exception) so really it's just a matter of RNG blessing me. As a result I'll have a max skilled Star Justice to give Mathena a little more flexibility.

I think my next long term project is getting the Dacho carry team for Mzeus online. Specifically the Revo Ra version. I don't even need any skill ups on Khepri which is nice. I have all the parts so it's really just a matter of putting it together/skilling it up, and +'ing it

EDIT2: given my recent revelation regarding all attack required for Star Justice Challenge

B team needs to bring a rainbow with as many large sources of green orbs as possible. Below is kind of a "best case scenario"
ALB
Tengu (Australis) covers dark
Awoken Artemis/Spica covers blue
Dios covers light
Any fire, preferably wood/fire with 1 SBR if you don't have Spica

Sorry for anyone looking to run it super cheese. That said I'd save Dios for Justice and use Artemis/Australis on Verche.

Bladelaw

So the challenge of a lifetime dungeon is a guaranteed jewel of the color you face, right? Can a light jewel spawn??

It caaan spawn. Whether or not it will is another story. I burned most of today's stamina looking for a fire jewel. It did eventually show up. It's up to you how much stamina you want to throw at the problem though. You can wait for the jewel invades again or run the Rare Monster Infestation guerilla if you don't want to burn ALL the stamina on it. No guarantees for a light jewel but it's an option. You can also try to get lucky via the Pal machine since Evo Carnival is on right now.

3 more woodpys to max skill the second rag drag then it's pretty much 8 more woodpys to be done with the optimal Mathena Arena 1 team.

b33r

I wish I had a Ganesh for Monday dungeon. I pair You Yu with a friend Ganesh and it's easy enough too clear that way. About 94k exp, it's still better than nothing.

jiggle

What team are you running here, assuming Ganesha lead then switching?
This is my set up
It has a 20% chance of getting skill bound by red golem

nj8nY6t.jpg

Either need a tengu to inherit poison
Or possibly bringing Avalon Drake along, but then it wouldn't be push button anymore XD

divusrex

MY JP alt got a Noctis, makes me want to throw away all my stones on my main jp acct.

That's who I wanted with my yolo roll, but I'm not mad at getting Tifa, just don't have a team for her.

So that's where all of my gold FF rolls have been going...my JP account is currently going through silver hell. The only gold I got was Rinoa, and I don't even have a water lead *sigh*

Bladelaw

Been away from the game ... it seem Krishna is almost on par with XM now?? Even matching with heart cross leads?

Krishna is on par with say Gremory and Ronove, XM as well depending on subs. Myr, Kaede, and Sumire still have the advantage against the worst execution attacks.

Krishna has a crazy 2.25HP 45.56ATK 2.25RCV meaning his HP pool is huge, he has the recovery to back it up, and his sub selection is extremely forgiving. Ronove needs to cover most of the rainbow, Gremory needs devils or balanced subs and their shield gives them tankiness on par with Krishna (actually a little weaker IIRC) they make up for it in damage theoretically but with rows Krishna's multiplier is insane. Popping Urd-->Sanada let me hit an average of 20 million damage PER CARD on a 2 row board (9 hearts 21 reds) I added Silk for giggles and hit 52 million damage per card. It's nuts and more than a match for pretty much all content. I'm looking at running it against Mech Zeus to see if I can pull another before Uevo Ra Dragon hits so I don't have to waste my current one.

Also today is Star Den day my slot is 10PM US EAST and I plan on running most if not all hour. I just need 9SB and a red row lead on my partner to be up turn 1.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
While waiting on light jewels, I've decided to finish leveling my other Sumires. So I currently have 3 - one max skilled. I'm trying to put together a team. Right now, my best options for bind clear are either LMeta or R/B Ame. My 4th sub is probably best to go Sitri and Andro. Any opinions on where to go with this squad?

E: Ideally, I'd love to find a consistent A1 team so I can farm Py's. While it won't be crazy efficient, it's something to do on days when I don't have a ton of time to play and want to burn some stam.

Bladelaw

While waiting on light jewels, I've decided to finish leveling my other Sumires. So I currently have 3 - one max skilled. I'm trying to put together a team. Right now, my best options for bind clear are either LMeta or R/B Ame. My 4th sub is probably best to go Sitri and Andro. Any opinions on where to go with this squad?

E: Ideally, I'd love to find a consistent A1 team so I can farm Py's. While it won't be crazy efficient, it's something to do on days when I don't have a ton of time to play and want to burn some stam.

The ideal Sumire A1 team is Sumire, Sumire, Sumire, Skuld, Isis (better bind clear inherited)

You have the Sumires down, the other slots are a full board change (to counter Beelz or to burst), and a bind clear. The bind clear is more important since you can cycle Sumires if you really need to clear a ton of garbage. I don't know what full board changes you have available but Urd inherited on Sitri is an option if Skuld isn't. For a bind clear any unbindable blue card with an inherited Bind Clear works. Khepri is a great choice if you can stomach max skilling her (there's cheese available for that). Snow White makes a workable poverty Isis and also makes hearts, Awoken Sakuya is also an option despite being off color since her gravity makes Kali's damage check much more manageable. You ideally want around 31k HP (possibly with latents, can't remember) so you can tank Kali's damage check hit since Sumire's burst isn't guaranteed to crack the 21 million damage needed without gravity.

So Sitri is a fine host for a board change (since her active is also really useful), and from there you need to see what your best option is for a bind clear. Nothing is worse than hitting the tama floor and getting bound then skill bound. It's almost always a death sentence. At least if you don't get skill bound you can bounce back.

The trouble floors are something I detailed earlier in the thread, but Sopdet and Kagu deserve special mention. Sopdet heals any damage over 200k dealt to her. Check your lowest activation damage in endless to make sure it's under that value. Kagu has a resolve hit that delays all skills by 99 turns (meaning they just reset fully to their base cooldown). But if you knock him under his resolve threshold he binds the whole team. This and tamas are why you need a bind clear on the team.

Also the biggest advice for clearing arena: save actives. Sumire system can be a bit more judicious in using them but for the most part don't burn an active if you don't need to.

Finally fully evolved my alts Myr. Not sure how I'm going to skill it up, since I don't want to grind that dungeon now and I might need the pys for other team subs (unicorn rider). I think once that team is done I might be able to clear arena 3. Luckily Saria's skill up dungeon is coming up next since I have 2.5 I need to skill and I'm going to inherit them across the team.

Also, saw that we're getting the first descend boss with an inheritable skill, light orbs to wood, plus 3 turns of bind clear at 6 turns at max skill. That sounds really impressive so I'm wondering how painful it's going to be to skill that up.

Bladelaw

Anyone that wants to run C10 and has a comparable ALB team let me know. Today is out because of Star Den but I'll run my team (and try not to fuck up the floor 1 combo shield) for anyone that wants to most of the week.

I have all the utility needed, any one wanting to join in needs to bring the following:

ALB lead (no inherits or at least not up turn 1 or 2)
Dios (needed for the Justice kill board)
10 SB (9 if you don't mind stalling a turn on floor 1 and passing back)
2 SBR (floor 2 will skill bind and we'll be screwed otherwise)
green orb generation.
Meet the dungeons all attack requirement

Here's some decent choices to make a team. Just keep in mind floor 4 has a ton of HP so you need a heavy green orb maker.

Dios covers light

Tengu, god killer astaroth, Gvalk, or Awoken Awoken Freyja cover dark

Spica, Awoken Artemis, Balboa, Australis cover blue

G/R Cu Chulainn, Sanosuke, Robin Hood, Verdandi, Awoken Bastet, Awoken Susano cover red

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I ragequit just long enough to miss free rank up day. You're all bad friends for not talking me off the ledge. I'll remember this.

W-00

So I've got ALB, Dios, Australis, Verdandi, and Tengu for Star Justice. So that covers colors, boosts, and SBR, but what do we need in terms of the team being fully-powered? They're all fairly high-level, but only ALB and Verd are 99, and only ALB is fully plussed (Dios is halfway there, Verdandi has ~70, Australis is only in the teens, but I have a +297 I could burn, if necessary). Plus Tengu's skill level is only 2, so I can't inherit anything useful on him yet, though I could grind in the challenge if necessary.

I ragequit just long enough to miss free rank up day. You're all bad friends for not talking me off the ledge. I'll remember this.

I'm glad that you've decided to stick around. I was just thinking that I was going to miss your posts.

Slowly working my way through the Descended challenges, fuck Star Justice and the Shuten-doji resolve -> 1 bajillion damage.

And I very stupidly put some auto-recovery latents on Rozuel noting her crap RCV and thinking it was a flat boost like the awakenings; I am a dummy.

I thought PCGF would be this month but maybe not? I wonder when FF collab is happening, some of the monsters I had from when I started long ago are FF (Chocobo etc).

hermit7

I need to run mech Zeus for radragons ult.

What are the teams for it? I have some decent stuff but nothing to really top tier anymore.

Running XM, Sarasvati, Sumire, yomidra I guess.

Top Bottom