• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

So I've got ALB, Dios, Australis, Verdandi, and Tengu for Star Justice. So that covers colors, boosts, and SBR, but what do we need in terms of the team being fully-powered? They're all fairly high-level, but only ALB and Verd are 99, and only ALB is fully plussed (Dios is halfway there, Verdandi has ~70, Australis is only in the teens, but I have a +297 I could burn, if necessary). Plus Tengu's skill level is only 2, so I can't inherit anything useful on him yet, though I could grind in the challenge if necessary.

The big thing is making sure you can do about 7 million damage total, twice. Verche is stacked with HP and Justice is too (6.something million). You have 3 bursts (Aus, Dios, and verd) so you're fine there. I'd skill up a Tengu just because of the uses elsewhere but you don't need to worry about it here.

I need to run mech Zeus for radragons ult.

What are the teams for it? I have some decent stuff but nothing to really top tier anymore.

Running XM, Sarasvati, Sumire, yomidra I guess.

Mech Zeus can be cleared by at least XM, saras, and Sumire. I haven't seen a Yomidra clear but I could see it happening with the right team. If possible I'd run coop sarasvati and have a one team bring a Khepri. Adding +2 to the combo count is the difference between killing Zeus and being sad. XM can do it too but I've only seen semi system clears (XMx3, Uriel x2, and Gadius).

If you have Sephiroth or Awoken Ra there's teams you can build to get through it with a fair amount of consistency in coop. There's a super sketchy ALB setup in the ALB discord that might be worth running for giggles. I'm looking at dumping a couple stones into the dungeon if need be to get another mech zeus. I really don't want to burn my current one (mostly plussed and max level evo'ed).

hermit7

The big thing is making sure you can do about 7 million damage total, twice. Verche is stacked with HP and Justice is too (6.something million). You have 3 bursts (Aus, Dios, and verd) so you're fine there. I'd skill up a Tengu just because of the uses elsewhere but you don't need to worry about it here.

Mech Zeus can be cleared by at least XM, saras, and Sumire. I haven't seen a Yomidra clear but I could see it happening with the right team. If possible I'd run coop sarasvati and have a one team bring a Khepri. Adding +2 to the combo count is the difference between killing Zeus and being sad. XM can do it too but I've only seen semi system clears (XMx3, Uriel x2, and Gadius).

If you have Sephiroth or Awoken Ra there's teams you can build to get through it with a fair amount of consistency in coop. There's a super sketchy ALB setup in the ALB discord that might be worth running for giggles. I'm looking at dumping a couple stones into the dungeon if need be to get another mech zeus. I really don't want to burn my current one (mostly plussed and max level evo'ed).

I have the XM team fully built with orochi and Raph inherits as well as a. Ra. So that may be the best bet I can think of.

I wouldn't mind spending a few stones (less than 5 or so) but I don't know if I can expect that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I feel stupid. I've been running each individual keeper for their respective color. Gold Keeper is by far the best way to farm everything but Rainbow. So much wasted stamina...

Bladelaw

I feel stupid. I've been running each individual keeper for their respective color. Gold Keeper is by far the best way to farm everything but Rainbow. So much wasted stamina...

no guarantee you get a rainbow keeper though.

Managed to cap out 3 297's in Star Den today so that's awesome. Tomorrow I think I'll clear out the rest of my challenges. If I'm still flush with stam I can run a few folks through C10 too.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Got 30 Krishna skill up dragons on my main and I can't bring myself to destroy them even tho they will never fulfill their purpose of skilling up a Krishna twice.

jiggle

First time getting star justice!

No reason to farm him ya?

Got 30 Krishna skill up dragons on my main and I can't bring myself to destroy them even tho they will never fulfill their purpose of skilling up a Krishna twice.
Lol
So im not the only one saving them

Bladelaw

First time getting star justice!
Used a badpy to get my Hades up turn one
And got it right back
No reason to farm him ya?

Lol im not the only one saving them
Just in case

If you're desperate for a green machine bind clear, or Another Justice, or possibly an Orpharion part.

Bladelaw

Heads up from Reddit:
SDR's invade Special Descended Rush on Thursday according to PADx.

There's a pretty brain dead ALB setup. One ALB needs a green enhance inherited the other ALB is not used (Emergency button for Gainaut probably).
Setup

Team A
ALB
Dios
Dios
Australis
Rodin (Any poison works here I think)

Team B:
ALB (Parvati or other enhance)
Dios
Dios
Dios
Grodin

Hypermaxed is probably necessary for one shotting Gainaut but I can't confirm without testing. Supreme trolling from Volsung's skyfall is possible but unlikely.

Strategy
FL1: A: Dios
FL2: B: Dios
FL3: A: Australis-->Rodin 16x kill
FL4: B: Dios-->Grodin Match locked orbs if possible
FL5: A: Dios-->Enhance-->two rows with 16x if possible (use locked orbs to split the board)
FL6: B: remove locked orbs (Z8 erases Australis buff) A: pass B: Dios

If an SDR invades either protect yourself with inherits to keep the gravy train rolling or stall skills back up. My Dios army has protection, Grodin, Australis, and Rodin will soon. The risk with an SDR invade is losing the Australis buff before Z8. If there is a risk team B should pass to A while Z8's shield is still up. This way A eats the bind and B can still kill.

I can make either side

EDIT: So Krishna can take Machine Zeus in three stones. That skyfall buff helps quite a bit.
ARgQzBL.png

177,071,289 damage is probably enough.

Bc0fXrj.png

J0dy77

Started working on my Kaede team after pulling her from the lvl 250 free roll, need advice on subs.

Here's what I'm thinking initially since I don't have a dupe Kaede or Perseus.

hwzEuvj.jpg

I've already inherited Sylvie on Kaede and will put thumbelina on School Athena. Not sure if I'm better with a susano over Artemis. I'm going to plus this team before Krishna... It just seems so freaking strong not needing hearts to cause damage. So many prongs on this team.

Kind of excited, I haven't run a wood team since ADK in the very early stages of the game.

Edit: lol, was browsing through my box and completely forgot about a +297 tamadra. That went on verdandi to make things easier. She seems like the strongest sub I have for the team.

hermit7

Going to try it with Sara.

She is strong and it's easier to max out damage with her without needing loads or rows. Makes the 8 combo minimum easier as well for that I think.

Bladelaw

Going to try it with Sara.

She is strong and it's easier to max out damage with her without needing loads or rows. Makes the 8 combo minimum easier as well for that I think.

Since it's fresh here's some advice:
Make sure you can either unbind your leader or you use the unbindable leader badge. one of the floors has a pre-empt lead bind.
Make sure you can survive all pre-emptive hits.
If you're planning on spending up to x stones try to save them all for Zeus or to clear a shitty hazard and save strong actives for the big kill at the end.

If you notice it took me 11 turns at Mech zeus to actually get the 8 combo. Between Krishna's HP pool and careful board management I was able to use Yamato to make enough Heart Orbs to survive longer than otherwise possible but "lucked" into a weak 8 combo activation that made him bind my whole team for 10 turns. If skyfall blessed me initially with the kill board it would have been 1 stone (to clear the locked jammer skyfall). If you can, Amon is a solid sub for this dungeon. Use the HP badge and slide Snow White on Amon so you can heal from the preempts and binds. Machine killer is huge here too.

Maybe try running Sarasvati, Blonia, Amon (Snow White), Skuld, Awoken Sun Quan. ASQ is for floor 7, Blonia for MZeus, Skuld to clear trash or emergency heal (useful on turn 2 of Diadem). For the rest you're kind of praying on Sarasvati's skyfall to come through.

Hit a wall on this recent Descended Challenge with Shuten-doji. He also caused me a lot of trouble in the Radar Dragon challenge that ended a while back. (I ended up not being to clear it due to AShiva taking up all my leftover stones and killing me on a last minute attempt. Feels bad man.) I know I have the ability to beat him, but I don't want to keep wasting the stamina. Maybe tomorrow...

hermit7

Since it's fresh here's some advice:
Make sure you can either unbind your leader or you use the unbindable leader badge. one of the floors has a pre-empt lead bind.
Make sure you can survive all pre-emptive hits.
If you're planning on spending up to x stones try to save them all for Zeus or to clear a shitty hazard and save strong actives for the big kill at the end.

If you notice it took me 11 turns at Mech zeus to actually get the 8 combo. Between Krishna's HP pool and careful board management I was able to use Yamato to make enough Heart Orbs to survive longer than otherwise possible but "lucked" into a weak 8 combo activation that made him bind my whole team for 10 turns. If skyfall blessed me initially with the kill board it would have been 1 stone (to clear the locked jammer skyfall). If you can, Amon is a solid sub for this dungeon. Use the HP badge and slide Snow White on Amon so you can heal from the preempts and binds. Machine killer is huge here too.

Maybe try running Sarasvati, Blonia, Amon (Snow White), Skuld, Awoken Sun Quan. ASQ is for floor 7, Blonia for MZeus, Skuld to clear trash or emergency heal (useful on turn 2 of Diadem). For the rest you're kind of praying on Sarasvati's skyfall to come through.

Thanks for the tips.

My team is going to be skuld, 2 andromeda, nut all hyper.

Andromeda has urd, and Kirin inherits. Nut has Mori.

Would spend a few stones on it to get through I think.

Hit a wall on this recent Descended Challenge with Shuten-doji. He also caused me a lot of trouble in the Radar Dragon challenge that ended a while back. (I ended up not being to clear it due to AShiva taking up all my leftover stones and killing me on a last minute attempt. Feels bad man.) I know I have the ability to beat him, but I don't want to keep wasting the stamina. Maybe tomorrow...

the dungeon is SO EASY with heart cross but every single time I try and whittle him down to below 50% skyfall comes and x144s me to his resolve -> instakill. It sucks. At least I have a few more days to try.

Also I need Theurgia to evo something in my box (too lazy to check) but both times I've run Grimoires I've been skill bound through 80% resistance and murdered :( I might just swap in Perseus for Verdandi for the extra awakening but I'm not happy about it.

Bladelaw

Thanks for the tips.

My team is going to be skuld, 2 andromeda, nut all hyper.

Andromeda has urd, and Kirin inherits. Nut has Mori.

Would spend a few stones on it to get through I think.

If you want to try coop I can join you later tonight unless you think soloing makes more sense (skills charge faster, binds go away faster, you can use the awoken badge).

hermit7

If you want to try coop I can join you later tonight unless you think soloing makes more sense (skills charge faster, binds go away faster, you can use the awoken badge).

Beat it using 5 or so stones. Not too bad all things considering.

Zeus is challenging, would get like 7 combo and wouldn't get anything.

Finally got a decent board and had a few skyfall with Sara up for the kill.

Sara is real squishy for this type of dungeon. Overall i think it is manageable just need more practice on it.

Bladelaw

Beat it using 5 or so stones. Not too bad all things considering.

Zeus is challenging, would get like 7 combo and wouldn't get anything.

Finally got a decent board and had a few skyfall with Sara up for the kill.

Sara is real squishy for this type of dungeon. Overall i think it is manageable just need more practice on it.

Congrats! See you when UUevo Ra Dragon hits NA. I don't plan on farming Mzeus ever unless I can put together the Revo Ra dacho team. I can get the Orpharion parts elsewhere.

hermit7

Congrats! See you when UUevo Ra Dragon hits NA. I don't plan on farming Mzeus ever unless I can put together the Revo Ra dacho team. I can get the Orpharion parts elsewhere.

Yeah. He is about hyper need 2 more skills. Need to finish both dkali and plus Indra and he will be done.

Gonna throw Baldin on Isis I think for the burst/shield seems like a reasonable inherit and they are all dragons anyways.

Sucks I don't have kanna would definitely make things much easier for the ideal team, but that's pad for you.

Yeah, Sephiroth is good. I haven't used him much but I could put together an endgame team with him and he's fun to play. He single-handily allowed me to clear MZeus (co-op with a much more skilled player, no stones), which progressed me through the game rapidly. I was then able to farm MP and clear hard dungeons I never attempted with my regular teams. I'm interested in his new buff, I'll probably try to sub him on my dark devil teams (Pandora/Gremory) with a decent skill inherited and see if he's viable. At worst he's a killer stat stick.

I haven't payed close attention but I think some of the new cards are worth pulling for, though I'm sure rates are bad. It's a pretty good collab though, with a lot of useable golds.

Bladelaw

So with the FF Collab coming, the question must be asked...

Is there anything worth rolling for?

It's one of the few collabs that's actually good. The problem is almost all the silvers are useless. The 5* rolls are at the very least usable for the most part.

I'd argue 18/24 cards are useful so as far as collabs go that's pretty good.

TL;DR
Good rolls (or at least not terrible ones):
-any 6*
-Penelo
-Rain (maybe)
-Auron (if there's a use for a fire and dark maker)
-Vaan
-Shantotto
-Bartz
-Rinoa
-Terra
-Squall (maybe)
-Y'shtola
-Onion Knight

4*:
Vivi: useless, active is super situational and not worth it given the Archdemon (Amon, Belial, Anubis, etc) series already covers counterattacks.
Wol: Cooldown is too long for it to be useful. I understand haste means it's going to be at least 7 turns but just getting the fire+light enhance isn't worth it.
Penelo: Actually useful. She has a unique active useful on a slew of non dark teams. garbage clearing + heart making is always welcome.
Aemo & Mootie: A change the world active without the damage enhance component makes this situational at best.
Ace: The best way to get a fire+dark enhance. Long ass cooldown, possibly useful especially if you lack I&I or Freyr
Rain: 75% shield + haste for one turn. It's like Kushi's active with a longer cooldown. Useful if you lack another shielding option.
Auron: 75% defense break and 3 fire and 3 dark on a 6 turn cooldown. It's unique but I'm not sure where it's useful. A shame too considering Auron's my favorite character from FFX

5*
Squall: Poverty Antares
Rinoa: Great inherit on Isis for a Sumire system (bind recover + haste at 7 turns)
Zidane: Not sure when you want more wood + light skyfall
Tidus: weak burst with haste, not great
Bartz: Double column change to wood at 10 turns is super useful
Terra: Double column shift to light and fire, great on Kenshin and Ilm
Shantotto: Double row changer, great for ALB/ACC farming teams to break combo shields.
Vaan: as above but for fire and light
Y'shtola: great active. Dark--> blue Fire-->heart. Sumire, and Lakshmi love her
Onion Knight: Another big Kenshin and Ilm fan. Wood-->Fire, Dark-->Light + 1 sec of orb move time to wipe out garbage like Izanami's debuff.

6*
(Everything here is great)
Cloud: Great farming lead with a Leonis system, needs lots of RCV help to be a true tank team. Wrecks Devil rush.
Sephiroth: What Awoken Ra wished he was. Dark Rainbow lead, hits incredibly hard and is the bane of Mech Zeus.
Yuna: Rainbow lead and shield+haste. The 2 SBR is useful in some places.
Cecil: Split ults for light and dark. Light is a poverty Apocalypse on Myr, Dark is a better Z8 style lead and a pretty solid Pandora/Lucifer sub.
Lightning: Tough rainbow leaderskill but Ra Dragon's best inherit. Dkali board + 10k true damage.
Noctis: The dark TPA lead I've always wanted. The active is ok but he's a lead. You need 4 or more orbs to trigger a match so you're almost always pronging with him. HP/RCV on par with Krishna and ATK is much stronger.
Tifa: Awoken DQXQ's best friend. Heartbreaking is rough but the shield helps and can be comboed with Myr's active if you need the row support. Alters the board size as a lead so more opportunities to break the game.

W-00

Is there anything worth rolling for?

Yuna is a pretty good rainbow/combo lead. Partnering with a friend's Yuna is how my Isis team got through quite a few descends. I expect that if I'd had a better lead to go with her, I'd've gotten much further before moving on to Amaterasu and Pandora. I might roll for her just for the sentimental value.

Tifa also looks like she'll be an interesting lead, what with her being one of the cards that makes all boards 7x6.

jiggle

We are now getting the free FF roll are we?
There goes the free heroines one also :(

Heads up from Reddit:
SDR's invade Special Descended Rush on Thursday according to PADx.

There's a pretty brain dead ALB setup. One ALB needs a green enhance inherited the other ALB is not used (Emergency button for Gainaut probably).
Setup

Team A
ALB
Dios
Dios
Australis
Rodin (Any poison works here I think)

Team B:
ALB (Parvati or other enhance)
Dios
Dios
Dios
Grodin

What are some inheritable enhances?

Looks like I have to put inherits on the entire party in case of SDR encounter

I passed C10, but had to use a stone on Orochi. C9 though, I don't think I have a team that can do it.
I did C9 with Krishna, but it was basically RNG to determine if I cleared the last floor or not. Had two heartmakers in my party (Urd, Yamato) and a delay (A.Cao Cao). Try to beat 2F without having to pop a heartmaker then heal up after the 3F preempt gravity. One-punch 1F, 3F, and 4F. Haku can be taken down with ~2 attacks at 9x but bad skyfalls will trigger her damage absorb.

b33r

I did C9 with Krishna, but it was basically RNG to determine if I cleared the last floor or not. Had two heartmakers in my party (Urd, Yamato) and a delay (A.Cao Cao). Try to beat 2F without having to pop a heartmaker then heal up after the 3F preempt gravity. One-punch 1F, 3F, and 4F. Haku can be taken down with ~2 attacks at 9x but bad skyfalls will trigger her damage absorb.

I mainly use Bmyr, Sumire, You Yu, Meri, and I have a Sylvie tank team. Haven't had luck with those yet. Might try a Meri team with higher hp subs later on as 3 hearts heal her to max. Maybe try a couple Sumire on the team. Thanks for the tips though.

Aesnath

I'm going to take a few rolls. I enjoyed some FF games. Cecil seems like a solid Gremory sub (two fingers and a board change!), but I'm not holding my breath for a 6* on a collab machine.

W-00

Got all of the challenges except Star Justice done in coop with my main and alt. Shuten-doji took a couple tries, but still went down easily enough. The real sticking point was Zhou Yu. Thanks to me misreading a dark conversion as a dark absorb and thinking that there were thus two dark absorbs, I didn't want to go in with my normal dark teams, so I decided to try ALB even though my alt's best ALB-alike is a not-fully-skilled Dios. Dios as a lead didn't work, so I decided to try Kaede, thinking that her shield would let me tank Zhou Yu's rage hit.

I didn't get a chance to try. I figured that i could pop Verd -> ALB to get a green/heart board, and it was only after I did that that I remembered that ALB doesn't eat fire (I keep thinking he does), but rather dark and hearts. I was fully convinced that I was going to lose because of that mistake.

That board triggered his resolve, of course, but imagine my surprise when it turned out that he couldn't use his resolve hit on his first turn! Instead, the weaker attack he used triggered the counter I still had up from using A. Astaroth on a previous floor, and down he went.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If you guys need some tips for never maxing a skill follow these simple steps.

Step 1: Get 1 skill up away from max

Step 2: Feed 1 skill up material at a time for the rest of eternity

That's it, it's just that easy, enjoy having your nearly maxed out skill!

Bladelaw

Got all of the challenges except Star Justice done in coop with my main and alt. Shuten-doji took a couple tries, but still went down easily enough. The real sticking point was Zhou Yu. Thanks to me misreading a dark conversion as a dark absorb and thinking that there were thus two dark absorbs, I didn't want to go in with my normal dark teams, so I decided to try ALB even though my alt's best ALB-alike is a not-fully-skilled Dios. Dios as a lead didn't work, so I decided to try Kaede, thinking that her shield would let me tank Zhou Yu's rage hit.

I didn't get a chance to try. I figured that i could pop Verd -> ALB to get a green/heart board, and it was only after I did that that I remembered that ALB doesn't eat fire (I keep thinking he does), but rather dark and hearts. I was fully convinced that I was going to lose because of that mistake.

That board triggered his resolve, of course, but imagine my surprise when it turned out that he couldn't use his resolve hit on his first turn! Instead, the weaker attack he used triggered the counter I still had up from using A. Astaroth on a previous floor, and down he went.
Let me know if you want to run star Justice. I need to swap inherits if I'm going to run Special Descended Rush tomorrow and I need Tans.

b33r

I have been testing Meri in arena on my JP account. It's not an ideal team and many spawns can ruin the run. Just got killed by dq Hera, but I got to her in a few minutes. I think it will be very doable in co-op and very fast. Except I dunno how it would deal with sopdet, Parvati should be fine since she's green. Eventually she should easily be one of the fastest farm leads in the game.

LiQuid!

42 RID's to get my 9 Krishna skill ups. I ain't even mad.

Bladelaw

I have been testing Meri in arena on my JP account. It's not an ideal team and many spawns can ruin the run. Just got killed by dq Hera, but I got to her in a few minutes. I think it will be very doable in co-op and very fast. Except I dunno how it would deal with sopdet, Parvati should be fine since she's green. Eventually she should easily be one of the fastest farm leads in the game.
Will minimum activation without a row still overkill?

I 297'd my Shiva in anticipation for the revo and I don't even think I'll use it all that much :lol.

Bastet and Okuni will compete for my time if I want to run a combo lead. Krishna and Xiang Mei are superior fire options. Oh well, it's not like +eggs aren't practically free nowadays.

Quantum

If you guys need some tips for never maxing a skill follow these simple steps.

Step 1: Get 1 skill up away from max

Step 2: Feed 1 skill up material at a time for the rest of eternity

That's it, it's just that easy, enjoy having your nearly maxed out skill!

1) quoted for truth.

2) my honest plan for every mob I skill up on the sly (ones I work on but dont need for a team)

3) need for team - skill up using fodder until that last skill then take a py and break the rule.

jiggle

1/1 sdr invade in special descended rush
So the rate seems good?
But boy is the dungeon expensive, stamina wise
Along with all the sdr latents and dans required

raiot

Ran Special Descended Rush 10 times without a SDR invade :/
It's really dumb button pressing with the ALB cheese team...and 150k xp for 50 stamina...

Bladelaw

0/3 on SDR in SDR. The ALB team is dumb and hilariously effective.

Need more stamina and I'm saving stones for tans and eventually the FF collab. Both my sides work as advertised at least. I put 2 SDR on ALB for insurance.

raiot

0/3 on SDR in SDR. The ALB team is dumb and hilariously effective.

Need more stamina and I'm saving stones for tans and eventually the FF collab. Both my sides work as advertised at least. I put 2 SDR on ALB for insurance.

on which alb? Which team do you use, the one with leeza or the dioz team?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the awesome write up on the FF stuff bladelaw. Probably going to consider a pack. It's always nice to add options to my teams.

Speaking of options, I can't decide on RR or RD Sanada. He doesn't fit on my Tsubaki team no matter what, so it's more for future fire or other utility teams.

Also is the new Ame as bad and underwhelming as everyone is making her out to be? I'm thinking of RB on her to cover that awkward combo because it's easy to skillup and because, again, her ult looks super blah.

Top Bottom