• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

hermit7

Got poor pulls.

Gadius and okuni of which are both dupes.

Maybe most excited for this event for the extra hp badge that cuts cost. Revo Lakshmi will be around 37 k health hyper meaning quick farms.

Awoken Artemis/Balboa is an amazing team. I will tell this to anyone willing to listen. Super flexible on subs, plenty of utility in just the leads, the only hiccup is occasionally needing a G/B burst board. I have a hyper Balboa with Skuld inherited FYI.

Mhm, and I know the frustration of trying to find an A.Artemis when I beefed up my Balboa to try and run some stuff Ronove couldn't do. I know some of my friends have a Balboa so all I need is Indigo to descend again and I should be good to go.

Vishnu buffs look very nice (3 TPA...) but I don't know where I'd put him. He doesn't work on Ronove due to lack of heartmaking and doesn't work on Perseus due to lack of rows. Maybe on a Balboa or A.Artemis team if I get those running, I guess.

jiggle

is anyone working on a nazca/ganesha team (solo or coop)?

- I haven't made a dios army - are there multiple viable farm teams or should I start what I didn't want to do with alb?

I am
Though right I'm not sure how it can beat monday dungeon
With no sky fall help, Max LV +297 dios can barely do 200k damage each after dub-Metalit's defense
Couldn't test out the damage from nazca yet as they are only lv50 and no +297

b33r

Got Raphael, new and I know how crucial his active can be in certain situations. Ariel, dupe, 5k mp.

Happy enough, but I wanted Krishna so bad.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Depends on your lead. You have a few options if you can consistently survive his attacks.

1) Stall out his damage shield. This is an ok tactic if you have a solid tank team and can generate hearts on the fly especially if you just want the stone.

2) cherry tap to a safe hp level (40-50%), delay, then smack him down the rest of the way. The delay is optional if you can survive his angry hits.

Generally I'd recommend a solid defensive lead with as little skyfall troll capability as possible or solid damage control. Ronove hits the defensive check but a skyfall of the wrong color and you just healed him up to full. Tanky fire teams are actually pretty decent if you can manage to consistently hit under 500k damage before type advantage. This is where Krishna really shines. Once you push him into water you free up a lot of resources to hit hard without worrying about healing him. R/L Ares as a lead would work here too. Tons of HP and no risk of hitting too hard.

Alright well I tried it with my dark rows and it was a fiasco. Can't uevo my Krishna until I get an EKMD tomorrow so I guess I will just have to wait until the next time he comes around. Hopefully I have some kind of red team cobbled together on my main that I can coop with by then.

I am
With no sky fall help, Max LV +297 dios can barely do 200k damage each after dub-Metalit's defense

Is that solo? I just figured you'd need Dios multi boost. I haven't actually looked in to the team yet, since I haven't really farmed or been interested in farming in months.

Quantum

I am

If I go the nazca route I'll bring balboa for the last two floors,

but I'm thinking now of Beyzul as a lead as my water box is *strong*

the nice thing about this team is you can use it on any day to rank without stoning, if its set up correctly.

I'm not looking to grind a pushbutton team so I'm looking for alternatives - my alt and main are both pretty water strong, so I am thinking Beyzul 16x - but still trying to figure it out.

(this of course is in stark contrast to my earlier post which clearly stated I had no theory crafting left to do - so I'm happy for a few hours/days until I can work this out).

Bladelaw

Alright well I tried it with my dark rows and it was a fiasco. Can't uevo my Krishna until I get an EKMD tomorrow so I guess I will just have to wait until the next time he comes around. Hopefully I have some kind of red team cobbled together on my main that I can coop with by then.

Beat up Dragon Zombie and go to the Descended Quests and under Ultimate Devil Rush you should be able to get an EKMD as a quest reward. Uevo your Krishna and I can walk you through Hanuman. All you'd need to do is heal.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Beat up Dragon Zombie and go to the Descended Quests and under Ultimate Devil Rush you should be able to get an EKMD as a quest reward. Uevo your Krishna and I can walk you through Hanuman. All you'd need to do is heal.

Done and done, hit me up on Discord later!

Bladelaw

Done and done, hit me up on Discord later!

I'll be available in about 5 hours depending on how things go at work. I'd rather be at a terminal I can communicate on than just hoping for the best. The strategy is pretty simple (I wrote it up above). If we're lucky we can knock it out super quick. Otherwise it'll just be "quick".

Quantum

I just need a mythlit to get my Krishna from its first stage to its uvo - think one will drop? (actually shy 1 red mask as well - but still).

I've been getting a few requests (?) for adding me as a BF. I guess I still don't know how that works? Is there a downside to saying "sure, go ahead"? I suppose there would be an expectation that I wouldn't use super bizarre leads but I just don't know if I can only allow one BF or whatever.

Also wow, I didn't know about all the changes until I randomly decided to see what was happening on Reddit. A 6th latent slot? Crazy quests? Insanely buffed badges? I guess I'll research when I get home tonight. I'd love in the future an MP bonus badge or something for clearing content solo.

Kreed

Got two dupes: Light Metatron and Zuoh. Free MP so can't complain.

Finally beat the One Shot Challenge after figuring out how to beat Sopdet with my Myr team (Tried Ana Typhon a few times but my team still needs work, particularly with stalling and recovering my HP). The problem I was having earlier with Myr was underestimating the difference in damage between enhanced orbs and non enhanced orbs when attacking Sopdet using a Heart cross + a light combo. Once I figured that out (use one cross combo to send Sopdet to dark, and then use combos for the rest) the rest of the challenge was no problem.

I've been getting a few requests (?) for adding me as a BF. I guess I still don't know how that works? Is there a downside to saying "sure, go ahead"? I suppose there would be an expectation that I wouldn't use super bizarre leads but I just don't know if I can only allow one BF or whatever.

You can have multiple BFs.

You can just only BF one person until they reset.

LiQuid!

Also wow, I didn't know about all the changes until I randomly decided to see what was happening on Reddit. A 6th latent slot? Crazy quests? Insanely buffed badges? I guess I'll research when I get home tonight. I'd love in the future an MP bonus badge or something for clearing content solo.

AFAIK there's no way to decline someone making you their BFF. It's a one way process and you can have infinite BFFs that way. Even if they don't play leaders you use, you can still do a throwaway single player dungeon for a free 100 pal points a day if you want, otherwise just ignore them.

For my two reset rolls I got Ronia and Sumire (!!!). And I jumped on the Magic Stone Bargain set a while ago and opened the mail up today and got Baal. So happy to finally get a Sumire; the other two will make decent subs, I guess? Was also able to drum up the evo mats for the Zaerog Infinity that dropped from the One Shot Challenge some weeks ago, so I'm pretty happy about that. Can't wait for the Enhance Carnival to come along so I can get everyone up to snuff.

Aesnath

Well, I pulled Green Odin for 150 and Urd for 250.

I suppose they are both useful, but I'm still a bit unimpressed. Urd can go on my SummerUrd team, but it has been a bit disappointing at times. It is good for some levels, but crappy for others. I still need a higher order water lead (like sumire or even hermes) as I have solid water subs (Beach Metatron, Gabriel, Scheat, Awoken Orochi, Summer Urd).

I'm also aware that Odin is solid, but I'm not sure what I'll do with him.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Loaded up Kaguya Myth with a Tsubaki team. I think to myself, "No RCV means no Ronove, but Tsubaki should be ez!"

No awoken skills. :lol

Still managed to snake the win. Enhance heart -> orb change FTW

This game is frustrating when you get trolled, but so damn satisfying when you pull through against all odds.

Kreed

Tried playing around with Krishna's new evo. I'm really surprised by how much damage this team does. Right now I'm testing out Yukimura, Napoleon, Ame no Uzume, and Red Sonia as subs and seeing how much this team can do.

LiQuid!

Krishna does seem insane but his subs don't have enough fingers and I need at least 8 fingers on my team or I can't make a 2 combo. :(

I had that problem, only thing that really helped was to play with him a lot and get good at matching. Eventually I took off the finger badge and I can still usually match what I want.

LiQuid!

2 days in a row I Babe Ruth'd my way into getting a jewel to drop from the otherwise garbage rare monster PAL machine. Yesterday I called a red jewel on my alt so I could evo Krishounen and today I willed a green jewel into existence on my main so I could uevo Vishounen. Got a green triple pronger for my Ronnie team now! Too bad his active isn't as good as Kaede's. Now to find some room for him. Sherias has been my least essential sub for Ronove I think. I might be underestimating how good his killers have been, but I don't do any content hard enough that I don't just level it with a full activation most of the time.

Quantum

I have been playing around with my leads - just got four random additional BFs

I guess people are burning them early this time.

I have 10% best friends right now (25) - I ended up deleting 10 over the past few months as they basically stopped playing.

I can't ever use all of them each day - which is a bummer/ I feel bad - and another dumb thing gungho should change

now that the lead you use always matches lead used I'm not sure the benefit other than the PEM rolls - which I end up maxing most of the time because I rarely use them.

2 days in a row I Babe Ruth'd my way into getting a jewel to drop from the otherwise garbage rare monster PAL machine. Yesterday I called a red jewel on my alt so I could evo Krishounen and today I willed a green jewel into existence on my main so I could uevo Vishounen. Got a green triple pronger for my Ronnie team now! Too bad his active isn't as good as Kaede's. Now to find some room for him. Sherias has been my least essential sub for Ronove I think. I might be underestimating how good his killers have been, but I don't do any content hard enough that I don't just level it with a full activation most of the time.

I love this post. initially not understanding it - "babe ruth" took a second (even though I'm from brooklyn originally) - then willing a jewel into existence - you have my vote for post of the thread so far.

Illucio

Banned
Final Fantasy collab 3 info:

Cloud
* Added 2nd row and 2nd TPA
* LS buffed to 2x HP/ATK to Attacker and Machine types (was 2x HP/1.5x ATK). 3x ATK after using a skill

Lightning
* Added 2 rows
* -1 cd
* LS scales up to 5x ATK for 5 attributes (was 4.5x ATK). 2.5x ATK and 2x RCV when matching 5 or more connected Light orbs (Had no RCV bonus before, and needed 6 or more Light for 2.5x ATK)

Yuna
* +150 ATK
* Added 2 more TE
* LS buffed to 4x ATK for 4 attributes (or 3 att+heal). Increases ATK after 6 or more combos, scales up to 3x ATK (was up to 2x ATK)

Sephiroth
* +300 HP
* Added Attacker and God killers (He now has 3 killers, he is now a god tier sub.)

Noctis (6* base)
Physical / Attacker
Active: Randomly spawns 4 Dark orbs. +1 combo for 1 turn.
LS: Can no longer match 3 connected orbs, but +1.5x all stats. Increases ATK with 3 or more combos, scales up to 6x ATK.

Sadly Noctis is a little underwhelming compared to this beast:

Tifa (6* base)
Attacker / Physical
Active: Changes Heal to Light orbs. Reduces damage taken for 3 turns (wording suggests 30% like Phoenix Rider)
LS: 5x ATK and 2x RCV when matching 7 or more connected Fire or Light orbs. Changes board into 7x6 size.

Dark Cecil
* Added 3 Dark res awakenings
* LS buffed to 2x ATK/RCV to Dark cards (up from 1.5x). 2.5x ATK for 2 Dark combos, 4.5x ATK for 3 Dark combos.

Light Cecil
* Added 2nd TPA and 3 Auto-heal awakenings
* LS buffed to 2.5x ATK and 2x RCV to Light cards. 3x ATK for Light/Dark combos (up from 2x)

jiggle

Another awful GF on jpn account :(
If I wasn't already planning to take a break from it
This would've pushed me over the edge
58S3c7B.jpg

ZeroAKA

Does anyone want to form a BF triangle? I have Sumire in slot 1, Pandora in slot 2, and usually Kaede in slot 3, although I also rotate between Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Dantalion, and Myr. I'm not specifically looking for compatible leaders, just a way to get some more Pal Points per day.

ID: 380,362,254

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does anyone want to form a BF triangle? I have Sumire in slot 1, Pandora in slot 2, and usually Kaede in slot 3, although I also rotate between Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Dantalion, and Myr. I'm not specifically looking for compatible leaders, just a way to get some more Pal Points per day.

ID: 380,362,254

I have Ronove in 1 and Sumire in 2. I play with Tsubaki, Panda, and working on my ALB. If we could find a third, I'm down. I have a boat load of Ronove, Sumire, and Tsubaki already. So I'm in the same boat of "just give me PAL points."

b33r

I don't really have compatible leaders, run Anaphon, Myr, Shiva Dragon and a lot of other random ones. If you don't find a third I'm down, like to have a lot of options.

I usually have Ronove up but also have 5 Tsubakis (one maxed) and 2 Sumires (one maxed) that I'd like to play around with in the future. There's a lot in the game I'd like to try. Ilm looks like it could be fun but I want to wait until the extra evos hit the U.S. and he (she?) already seems cute on a Tsubaki team.

Also finally beat Friday Myth (yes I know) by swapping in A.Ra for my Verdumbdi for the 3rd (I think?) floor, the tama one. Last floor was pretty straightforward.

Also FINALLY max-skilled both Ryunes which is very pleasant because I spent virtually all of my stamina for the past several days running that dumb dungeon over and over again. She's been a good emergency boardchanger/haste for my Ronald team and I figure she can be useful with some of my other waters, plus she's probably due for another evolution. I just hope her skill stays the same :(

They really haven't announced the GF yet even though it's hitting tonight? Bizarre.

ZeroAKA

I have Ronove in 1 and Sumire in 2. I play with Tsubaki, Panda, and working on my ALB. If we could find a third, I'm down. I have a boat load of Ronove, Sumire, and Tsubaki already. So I'm in the same boat of "just give me PAL points."
Sounds good.

I don't really have compatible leaders, run Anaphon, Myr, Shiva Dragon and a lot of other random ones. If you don't find a third I'm down, like to have a lot of options.
That works for me.

b33r

Ok if Nico is down then we'll figure out the order.

Also PSA, use a friends new Ganesh uvo for experience of a lifetime for an extra 100k exp.

J0dy77

Now that we have Krishna, what is everyone using as subs? I have so many ideal subs for fire but not sure who to use.

Urd, Yamato, R. Valk, Kagu, Uriel, Gadius, Antares, Ares, Leilan... so hard to decide.

hermit7

Now that we have Krishna, what is everyone using as subs? I have so many ideal subs for fire but not sure who to use.

Urd, Yamato, R. Valk, Kagu, Uriel, Gadius, Antares, Ares, Leilan... so hard to decide.

No krishna but I would assume tpa would be the best set up for him.

Hino, Rvalk, Urd. I think single orb changers are a bit better than double just so the board isn't completely flooded. R/g caocao is probably better for his tpa and as a sub than awoken. Based off your list of subs Yamato makes hearts and has other useful awoken skills (and a tpa I think)

b33r

I think hybrid is the way to go in general and change the team up for certain dungeons. I run my Shiva Dragon that way and like a row and two prongs or two rows and a prong depending on orbs.

hermit7

I like Awoken Cao Cao for the poison change and unbindability. I think there are Krishna team comps for both rows and prongs, he's really flexible.

That may be useful. As well as having a bind clear inherit on him.

For Sarasvati I run skuld, 2 andromeda, and a flex who typically is nut. She lacks the hp boost though compared to Krishna but that is my basic team with a bunch of orb changers.

Anyone want to exchange presents? I'm Static@GAF.

I am down jager

Top Bottom