• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

How likely is it to roll the featured 6* on this collab? Like worth going all-in if I want a Cecil, or should I just roll a few times and see what happens?

Cecil just seems really solid for a few reasons--time extends for gremory and an alternate lead when I need something that can beat combo shields (I have persephone and satsuki when I want to operate from that perspective).

In general, it seems as though rolling for 6* monsters is poor decision.

You're right, rolling for 6* is a poor choice. Much like Kenshin I'm rolling because I like the property and there isn't much in the pantheon pool I needs (Pretty much just DQXQ) and rolling for GFE's is a similar trap. I have teams that can clear pretty much everything in the game so now I'm just rolling for funsies which is one of the big reasons to roll a collab. The other is to get unique actives for skill inherits or to get a lead that changes how you play (Tifa/Noctis).

divusrex

So apparently YamaP is only going to buff 5* and higher. He's debating whether to buff any silvers that he pulls, but I highly doubt he'll go with it. Either way, I'd recommend waiting until tomorrow just to see what YamaP says about his pulls.

bjork

Cecil is good? He was my memorial roll today.

I've mainly been logging in for weeks to get the login bonus and run whatever gift dungeons show up, because I don't know how to properly team build for anything super tough. I keep saying I'll quit entirely but I guess not?

b33r

The ranking dungeon in JP is a fixed Noctis team. The team sucks since it's all ff characters, but his play style is really fun. Would love to have that card.

Bladelaw

Cecil is good? He was my memorial roll today.

I've mainly been logging in for weeks to get the login bonus and run whatever gift dungeons show up, because I don't know how to properly team build for anything super tough. I keep saying I'll quit entirely but I guess not?

Cecil is dark vishnu -skyfall.
Against dark based dungeons it destroys. It only takes a decent pronger and is finally a solid home for Satsuki (Noctis is also a great place for her).

Solid subs:
Lumiel (3 prongs unbindable, inherit a bind clear)
Halloween Rozuel (as above but better)
Satsuki
Rebel Luci (if you somehow max skilled him like I did and don't mind inheriting something better)
Awoken Haku (combines with Satsuki for a 2/3 board)
Awoken Persephone (gives needed sky fall but is dangerous to use after Cecil)
D/B Okuni (double prongs, delay, and spike. Awoken works too for more delay)
Typhon (less reliable than Awoken Haku but better stats and awakenings)

I've been building a team on my main and alt since both accounts have 2 Cecils I might as well make use of them.

EDIT: this team just shits out damage, HP is rough though. The RCV is nuts, 3 hearts and some combos and you're back to full. I'm hypering a version of this on my main. It's super fun to play dark TPA finally. YamaP please pull Cecil and give his leaderskill an HP buff!

Aesnath

You're right, rolling for 6* is a poor choice. Much like Kenshin I'm rolling because I like the property and there isn't much in the pantheon pool I needs (Pretty much just DQXQ) and rolling for GFE's is a similar trap. I have teams that can clear pretty much everything in the game so now I'm just rolling for funsies which is one of the big reasons to roll a collab. The other is to get unique actives for skill inherits or to get a lead that changes how you play (Tifa/Noctis).

Honestly, part of my problem is that I'm just getting impatient. I really like gremory as a leader, but I am still forced to split the team with green and dark. Moreover, not only am I running Drawn Joker, but he continues to be relatively essential. I only have one solid grem sub (Akechi) and he has no time extends, so I still run Ronove and Perseus to give me some. I'd really love Pandora, but they haven't featured her since I've been playing the game. Outside of that, there is always the off chance I'll roll a Typhon, but I figure the boosted rate Cecil is about the same odds.

The ranking dungeon in JP is a fixed Noctis team. The team sucks since it's all ff characters, but his play style is really fun. Would love to have that card.

AFAIK this is the strat to get a crown
1F-2F use light prongs to kill, avoid using dark orbs
3F use noctis and your stored up dark orbs to do max damage with prongs
4F use dark prong to kill and hope you get orbs to make another dark prong in skyfall for next floor
5F use the other noctis and one-punch through shield
6F use cecil and pray for orb luck to get above combo shield

Bladelaw

I'm pretty happy with my DK cecil teams. Just cleared Arena 1 with my alt and main coop. The extra HP from coop makes a huge difference then the dark damage resistance lets you stall on a few floors depending on spawns. Haku you can stall forever basically. I got Sopdet and Kagu which is normally GG but a single prong is enough to handle sopdet (pray for no skyfalls) and Okuni on my alt handled Kagu just fine. Everything else is cake. The Kali kill shot was overkill but still fun to do. Having a couple ways to make a burst board is pretty great.

Main:
DK Cecil
Awoken Haku
Eschamali
Satsuki (A. Orochi)
Lumiel (Shadow Dragon Knight)

Alt:
DK Cecil
Durga
A. Persephone
Castor
Awoken Okuni

yami4ct

Decided to do 2 FF pulls on my JP account and ended up with this guy.

YpP8Gia.jpg

He doesn't look to be an amazing leader, but I have a large amount of dark TPA cards and my best team right now is Pandora, so I'll give him a shot. I can't pull a card this rare and not use him.

b33r

AFAIK this is the strat to get a crown
1F-2F use light prongs to kill, avoid using dark orbs
3F use noctis and your stored up dark orbs to do max damage with prongs
4F use dark prong to kill and hope you get orbs to make another dark prong in skyfall for next floor
5F use the other noctis and one-punch through shield
6F use cecil and pray for orb luck to get above combo shield

I'll try that later then, ran it a few times and am only around 40%. Definitely bursting through the shield and using less actives will get me higher.

Edit: Yami, Noctis is a different play style, but very strong lead.

yami4ct

'Strong' is a weird term in PAD right now. He seems very good and capable of clearing a lot when you get your skills up, but he doesn't have the invincibility and easy activation of a heart cross lead nor is he as easy to get insane damage as a RaDra, so while he's capable of a lot he seems disappointing compared to some of the insane options out there.

He has the 1.5x all attributes that Ra Dragon and Krishna have, and I've pretty consistently hit 30m damage in the ranking dungeon using the trash fire they give you for a fixed team. I'd say he's definitely up there in terms of potential.

b33r

I agree, he is tanky and hits hard when you combo. I had no problem hitting the damage cap in ranking with that shitty team. He'd be useless on my JP account, but I am very tempted to pull in NA for him.

yami4ct

What teams would you run with him?

My current plan is just to stack my TPA subs and go

Noctis/Lumiel/Satsuki/Persephone/Haku/Noctis

I could take my second satuski off of my Pandora and replace Haku I guess. Or I could run a second Lumiel. I'm not sure what else I would do. I definitely need to inherit a skill fix on Lumiel.

b33r

Those are good subs, Okuni is also good in d/b or awoken, and Escha would be good for orb enhance extra damage and skyfall. His sub pool is pretty wide open, prongs and orb changers is all he needs. Satsuki is probably his best cannon. Dark Kanna would be good to except her active won't help.

I think I'll hold off on the ff rem, as much as I would like a Noctis or Tifa, I'm better off saving stones for the heroine rem. I already have the ideal Anaphon team and a great dark Kanna team when she gets here.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Well, it was a few weeks late but I finally got my alt to 250 and pulled my memorial REM. Got Lumiel. Was initially excited cause it's a dark devil but in looking at the final evo this doesn't really help my team at all.

Still almost zero synergy between my 2 accounts. Help me, PCGF. You're my only hope.

I feel there is really lots of RNG involved in the fixed Descended Challenge (the one with Hel as leader)

There's a little, but it's a lot more deterministic than you think

Make sure to follow up every Hel activation with Z8 for haste; and use Izanami for stall. You can get permanent poison/dark orb skyfall and almost? permanent 30% damage reduction by using haste judiciously.

For my free FF roll, I got some fellow named Rain. Doesn't seem to have any potential as a sub or as an inherit. Bleh. I'm familiar with the casts of the main FF games (even if I've never played one), but I'm drawing a blank on this guy. I'm guessing he's from a spin off? Double bleh.

In happier news, I finally evolved U&Y into their Awakened form and they are sitting pretty at Max Level. Also finished my Megumi up, and now my BMyr's rocking Family Medicine as an Inherit.

Bladelaw

For my free FF roll, I got some fellow named Rain. Doesn't seem to have any potential as a sub or as an inherit. Bleh. I'm familiar with the casts of the main FF games (even if I've never played one), but I'm drawing a blank on this guy. I'm guessing he's from a spin off? Double bleh.

In happier news, I finally evolved U&Y into their Awakened form and they are sitting pretty at Max Level. Also finished my Megumi up, and now my BMyr's rocking Family Medicine as an Inherit.

Rain is from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, it's another mobile game (not bad actually). His skill is kind of useful if you need a big shield for only one turn (like say tanking Kali's damage check hit, or a resolve counter), and hasting up any actives. Not an amazing skill compared to other recent collab 4*'s but I can see it getting some play for specific dungeons.

YamaP pulls are in 1.5 hours. I'm debating watching or not.
Link in case anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJko5Ktxxo0
15 pulls, only 5* or better getting buffed.

Rain is from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, it's another mobile game (not bad actually). His skill is kind of useful if you need a big shield for only one turn (like say tanking Kali's damage check hit, or a resolve counter), and hasting up any actives. Not an amazing skill compared to other recent collab 4*'s but I can see it getting some play for specific dungeons.

Well, that explains why I haven't heard of him before. Also, thanks for the advice. Now that you've mentioned it, I've been in situations where an ability like that would be useful. (BTW, I'm getting flashbacks to Shuten-doji smoking my ass with Night Parade of One Hundred Demons. *shudder*)

Bladelaw

Zidane has a chance!

The 5* dream for me
Zidane becomes a great Ronove/Acetet sub
Terra becomes a great Tsubaki/ilm/Kenshin sub
Rinoa takes Isis's spot as a premere bind clear
Squall becomes something more than a poverty Antares
Onion Knight gets more awakenings (SB/SBR would be nice)
Y'shtola's Leaderskill caps out at 5 connected hearts orbs
Tidus gets an SBR and a 2x multiplier on his active
Bartz gets a uevo (just needs better stats and maybe a couple utility awakenings)
Vaan gets an SBR and a stat boost

6* the only thing I want is an HP multiplier on Cecil.

yami4ct

Given that I just pulled Noctis, I have to selfishly hope for a buff for him even though he doesn't need one at all. Maybe just throw on a machine killer for shits and giggles.

I just hope Cloud remains bottom tier because, let's be honest, Cloud deserves it.

Bladelaw

His 5*'s

Shantotto
Rinoa x2
Zidane
Vaan
Terra
Tidus
Butz

4*
Aemo x3
Ace
Penelo
Auron

Last pull
Fucking Lightning

Bonus pulls (seeking Noctis)
Terra x2
Auron
Rain
Y'shtola
Tifa

divusrex

His 5*'s

Shantotto
Rinoa x2
Zidane
Vaan
Terra
Tidus
Butz

4*
Aemo x3
Ace
Penelo
Auron

Last pull
Fucking Lightning

I know...now I may have to spend a pack just to pull Lightning on the boosted rate day.

Bloody hell, I think he's just pulling just to finish all his stones. And he gets Tifa, which he ends the stream with...

Bladelaw

I know...now I may have to spend a pack just to pull Lightning on the boosted rate day.

Bloody hell, I think he's just pulling just to finish all his stones. And he gets Tifa, which he ends the stream with...
I will join you in the hunt as foolish as it is.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So Zidane buff?? He pulled that many are they all getting buffs? If some of the junkier cards are getting buffed I might do a single pull per acct on Cecil day and not feel bad about it if I don't get him.

Bladelaw

So Zidane buff?? He pulled that many are they all getting buffs? If some of the junkier cards are getting buffed I might do a single pull per acct on Cecil day and not feel bad about it if I don't get him.
Yeah it'll be a while before we know what those buffs are though.

Bummed Cecil didn't come up but plenty of cards that needed help did so it's ok I guess.

divusrex

Is he going to buff Aemo and Tifa too? He seemed to be debating about Aemo since he got 3 copies of her. And if he really does buff Tifa...then I might need to pray to RNGesus to get her on my main. On the other hand, my alt might be very satisfied depending on how big the buff will be(assuming it does happen).

jiggle

Forest gala and 3k pantheon
Even better chance to get ur liubeis than pcgf!(?)

Random buffs are such a waste on trap cards
How much is SE paying for this promotion lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Feels good to hold strong and not spend money on this game right now. I have other stuff I'm playing in the interim, so money I can save and put towards other purchase is always a plus, ha. FF Collab is cool, but I just know that if I spent money on it, there will be nothing but despair.

Quantum

Feels good to hold strong and not spend money on this game right now. I have other stuff I'm playing in the interim, so money I can save and put towards other purchase is always a plus, ha. FF Collab is cool, but I just know that if I spent money on it, there will be nothing but despair.

I don't use any of the FF cards on any team except lightening on a push button once and awhile.

I am a sucker for FF though so the second time the collab came around I pulled (too) many times.

I like that the above cards are getting buffed, but I'm not really impressed with previous pull and buffs - The better buffs all seem very niche - here is hoping for a OP buff to push one of the cards towards the current meta.

I also hope that when the buffs are available they come out for the JPN and US server at the same time. I was so happy about the B.Myr buff when it was announced - then so disappointed when it released in JPN two months before US.

For the memorial roll I pulled a Y'shtola, then I decided to throw one more roll at the machine and got a Sephiroth. Sephiroth seems... ridiculously strong.

Bladelaw

More info on the YamaP stream:
The first 5* cards will be buffed, aemo will get something since she was rolled 3 times, rinoa will get double buffed.
Only Lightning and Tifa will be the 6* getting buffs

Pulled a couple more times today and got my third cecil and a sephiroth (finally) promptly max leveled and built a team that's real strong. It could use a shield somewhere though. Team is
Sephiroth
Ace Horus
Awoken Yomi
Durga
Ichigo

Ichigo feels superfluous, i can activate on almost every board so I'm probably going to replace him with some form of durability.

Saving the rest of my pulls for Lightning day.
Alt rolled a Yuna so I now have 3 great rainbow leads and no decent rainbow subs there beyond Isis.

Edit: My alt's Yuna team is dumb. Yuna, Isis, Tifa, Sherias Roots, Sherias Roots. With a friend Yuna 15 TE awakenings with the +1 sec awakening badge for 8.5 seconds of additional move time. Two full board changes and a heart break for burst, a bind clear, and 3 shields for durability.

b33r

Finished the challenge set today, I like these fixed team ones because you get to try new teams. Acala was the hardest for me because I'm not used to that play style, but I got used to it after a few tries.

Bladelaw

Does FF1 collab boss still drop Terra's skillup? I need one skillup to get her back to max but I've been getting nothing but Kefkas and Tifa skillups so far.

Skill up drops suck here. FF Collab 1 can drop
FL1: Cloud's Buster Sword

FL2: Y'shtola's Thyrus

FL3: Onion Knight's Sword

FL4: Cecil's Dark Sword

FL5a: Sephiroth's Masamune
FL5b (Gilgamesh): Bartz's Excalibur

FL7a: Terra's Enhancer
FL7b: Tifa's Leather Glove

The rates are ok but man so many things to drop.

FF Collab 2 can drop
FL1a: Squall's Gunblade
FL1b: Rinoa's Pinwheel

FL2: Zidane's Mage Masher

FL3: Tidus's Brotherhood
FL3b: Yuna's Staff

FL4: Shantotto's Iridial Staff

FL5a: Vaan's Zwill Crossblade
FL5b: Noctis's Ring of the Lucii

FL7: Lightning's Blazefire Saber

Edit:
I'm finally ready

W-00

My alt is really liking these fixed-team dungeons. It's gotten its very first Zera and its very first Seraphis thanks to them. If you're having trouble with them, try this guide.

I started playing around the time of the first FF collab (I think, this is the third, right?) and Zeromus was on my original Isis team for such a long time. Quite a few early dungeons came down to me desperately trying to stall long enough for his skill to come up.

LiQuid!

If I can get a functional Bastet sub out of Zidane at the end of the buffs I'd be a truly happy camper but expectations are super low. He needs too much (another tpa or two, an SBR, fingers?) and his recent buffs took him in a bad direction with some meaningless OEs. Also his active is just super mediocre. I wouldn't even inherit it onto either team tbh.

Bladelaw

Pulled Lightning, what is she used for?

I'm personally not progressing at all in my efforts to get the evo mats ready. It just feels exhausting with all the stuff I need to get. /jealous

Honestly the worst parts are mech zeus/Zeus Dragon and the gold keepers. Everything else was just kind of a spur of the moment thing. Zera in the challenge dungeon, the zeuses in Ultimate Zeus Rush, DQ hera from Scarlet farming and the lits and super kings were stockpiled from a Super King carnival.

If it weren't for the one shot challenge I wouldn't have Zeus Dragon either.

Lightning is used as an inherit on Ra Dragon teams as an anti predra measure. Given her upcoming buff who knows what kind of monster she'll turn into. I could see her getting Machine killer and possibly alter her leader skill to be a passive atk/rcv boost.

jay23

Really enjoyed these fixed team challenges it forces me to use teams I may have not given a chance. Even made me want to create a hel team just to fuck around with.

Kreed

The hardest fixed challenge for me was actually Tsubaki because I thought I wasn't activating her leader skill correctly (when you connect the 5 orbs, I thought the multiplier would display visually like the fire + light multiplier).

Top Bottom