• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

The hardest fixed challenge for me was actually Tsubaki because I thought I wasn't activating her leader skill correctly (when you connect the 5 orbs, I thought the multiplier would display visually like the fire + light multiplier).

yes I hate this

it was confusing going from my first leader Verdandi to Ronove because you don't see the "natural" multiplier with her, either, only combo/buff ones.

b33r

I saw dzy pull a noctis on stream and yolo rolled, got a Rinoa. Keeping that since she is getting double buffed.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm noticing a trend where GH puts the more appealing day of the god fests 2nd. Makes sense that they try and wring some stones out of impatient yolo rollers on day 1 hoping they'll drop some cash on day 2.

Anyways, I'm going to resist day 1 and drop all my stones on day 2 for Three Kingdoms since those cards potentially help both my accounts. Not too sure about this new pantheon tho, what do you folks think about it? I saw Acala on the JP tier list but double cross seems like a playstyle I'm not really comfortable with.

Bladelaw

I'm noticing a trend where GH puts the more appealing day of the god fests 2nd. Makes sense that they try and wring some stones out of impatient yolo rollers on day 1 hoping they'll drop some cash on day 2.

Anyways, I'm going to resist day 1 and drop all my stones on day 2 for Three Kingdoms since those cards potentially help both my accounts. Not too sure about this new pantheon tho, what do you folks think about it? I saw Acala on the JP tier list but double cross seems like a playstyle I'm not really comfortable with.
Acala is absolutely ridiculous. In co-op even more so. 3 extra seconds of move time between both leads, 2.25 to all stats, great damage control (no skyfall), and a wide open sub pool. Probably the best new pantheon card since Krishna.

w t f

did 5 rolls for day 1 (probably same for day 2):

Ares
Trailokyavijaya
Vajrabhairava
Hermes
Acala

No 6* but zero dupes and all stuff I can probably find some use for, very strange feeling

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn moblin jackpotted.

Just did 1 roll on alt trying for Artemis or some newer stuff. Got L.meta. Crappy card but at least it's not a dupe for that account. Got like 10+ rolls for tomorrow tho. If I don't get something useful it's Quitting Time the Third.

W-00

Those are some nice pulls, Moblin.

Made a single pull on my alt so far. I was hoping for Persephone, because that account could use all the dark devils it can get. I got Ronia. Sure, she's off-color, but she makes a lot of dark orbs and that account is no stranger to using off-color subs with dark sub-attributes. Plus, even if I don't use her on the devil team, that account looks like it's putting together a lot of good red cards.

Currently debating whether to make any more rolls on the alt or save them for tomorrow (and Liu Bei). Also debating if my main should get involved at all (seeking Artemis and Cao Cao)

yami4ct

I see a lot of suggested Noctis teams using YomiDra for bind clearing.

How big of an upgrade is using her over something like a Lumiel inheriting a bind clear?

Her active seems really good for generating dark orbs without flooding the board, but her awakenings leave quite a bit to be desired outside of the fingers. Given that I'll be sitting on over 600k MP with the JP gift coming up next month and Noctis will probably be my main going forward, is this something worth looking into when she pops up or is it really just an expensive option to do the same thing?

I also see Game8 recommending the new D/R Descend girl and I don't really quite understand why. She has 2 TPA which is nice, but there are cards that do more that also hit that. Her ability being random doesn't seem to be very helpful and in general neither option looks that amazing. Her stats are good, but nothing particularly outstanding. In general, it feels like they sort of phoned that team in and picked a lot of easy options that don't necessarily mesh together.

ZeroAKA

I pulled 3 times and got Tsubaki, Acala, and T H I C CTrailokyavijaya. I've wanted Tsubaki since even before she and the rest of the JP dragoncallers got UVOs, and those two Wisdom Kings were by far my most wanted from the series. I think I'm done with pulling from the REM until the next power creep.

Does anyone with Acala want to add me? My ID is 380,362,254.

Bladelaw

I like tifas buff the best I think (5x rcv w/7) and 2x atk/rcv w/6

Where are you getting this info? I'm looking for it and I'm not seeing it.

Rolled twice on GF looking for a wisdom king:
Zweihander (bajillionth, almost certainly selling)
Hermes (third probably selling)

No luck today, couple pulls reserved for tomorrow hoping for that elusive DQXQ on my main.

EDIT: 3rd Cecil on my main account. With 2 of the dark padz dragons I could make a fully dark resistant cheese team. Each resist awakening is 5% right? So 12 x 5% is 60% from Cecil's alone then add 25% from a padz dragon and you're up to 85%, hell if I roll another Cecil chasing Lightning I'm probably going to do it because why not? The team will be strong enough to power through most non bind content and just sit and tank any dark floor. Even if I forego the padz dragon for something like Aamir/Yomidragon/Lumiel I can eat pretty much every dark attack (aside from things like 1000% gravities) and laugh at Dkali or Hera Dragon. Like it's not even a bad team in terms of damage output, binds are the only real weakness, it'll have ~30k HP fully hypered, 4 full board changes for burst, plenty of prongs. I'll be curious if I'll get the opportunity to try this dumb thing out.

raiot

Where are you getting this info? I'm looking for it and I'm not seeing it.

Rolled twice on GF looking for a wisdom king:
Zweihander (bajillionth, almost certainly selling)
Hermes (third probably selling)

No luck today, couple pulls reserved for tomorrow hoping for that elusive DQXQ on my main.

Get your info here:
http://discord.gg/pad #jp_stream_discussion, channel opens 15 mins prior to the stream.

and just a little outlook:

skill inherit will work without tans.

5 tans for a king tan,

king tan + 4 cards = 4 skillups, 100%!!!

raiot

No Information about DAthena yet... but its an information onslaught at the moment... I think i'm getting a bit dizzy... :D

J0dy77

Really enjoyed these fixed team challenges it forces me to use teams I may have not given a chance. Even made me want to create a hel team just to fuck around with.

The hardest fixed challenge for me was actually Tsubaki because I thought I wasn't activating her leader skill correctly (when you connect the 5 orbs, I thought the multiplier would display visually like the fire + light multiplier).

Hardest challenge for me was Neptune dragon because I'm an idiot. I wiped about 5 or 6 times on Z&H due to bringing them under 40% and getting my entire team bound. Then the lightbulb went off and I realized I could use the mortal poison to get through their resolve. /facepalm

The Hel board took a couple tries to get used to how to play that team. Here's hoping that poison meta never becomes a thing.

I agree about the fixed team challenges, really enjoy playing them. It's teams that I would never use otherwise and even if I have the team I usually just use Myr to clear the content anyway.

Bladelaw

Get your info here:
http://discord.gg/pad #jp_stream_discussion, channel opens 15 mins prior to the stream.

and just a little outlook:

skill inherit will work without tans.

5 tans for a king tan,

king tan + 4 cards = 4 skillups, 100%!!!

Holy shit! I'm going for the recap later since I'm at work.
So if I'm understanding right here's how I imagine this working:
Say I want to skill up Sephiroth, I have 5 dark tans, 4 masamunes.
I combine 5 dark tans into a king dark tan
I fuse the king dark tan with 4 masamunes to sephiroth for 4 guaranteed skill ups?

Is this right?

raiot

Holy shit! I'm going for the recap later since I'm at work.
So if I'm understanding right here's how I imagine this working:
Say I want to skill up Sephiroth, I have 5 dark tans, 4 masamunes.
I combine 5 dark tans into a king dark tan
I fuse the king dark tan with 4 masamunes to sephiroth for 4 guaranteed skill ups?

Is this right?

This is right!
Green Odin UUevo
unknown.png

Blue Odin UUevo
unknown.png

Bastet Revo
unknown.png

Osiris Revo
unknown.png

Neptune Dragon Evo
unknown.png

Shiva Dragon Evo
unknown.png

Yomi Dragon Evo
unknown.png

Normal dungeons all going to 0 stamina

Skill inheritance being renamed to assist system, will grant a stat boost if you use same element monster (I wanted this since day -1 if you go back)

You can choose which latents to get rid of

New awakenings are cool

Also Re:Anubis gives a 30x boost at max lol

Kreed

RIP TANS

Inherits no longer require tans.

Instead you pay only 1mil gold.

Inheriting same attr cards increases stats of the base monster.

Uevo tans -> 6 tans = king tans
RIP PIIS

Feeding king tans with 4 skill up mats = guaranteed four skill up

Ok this change is great, but what's the point of regular Tans now? Just fodder for King Tans?

I want that Neptune Dragon Evo but I know the evo mats are going to be stupid as hell/not worth the effort.

Holy shit @ the Tan update

Seraphis took me a while to beat in fixed team because I would either just poke or burst into the killzone by accident.

Still need to do Hel team. Got close before.

Amazing changes but really let down by Yomidragon. Just a damage and rcv buff? Bleh.

I wish they would give a combolead some damn HP or a shield of some sort. Why make em all glass cannons?

raiot

I'm really disappointed that yomi dragon did not get an HP multiplier... It's attack got a HUGE boost though... x81 for a 5match now... is HUGE!

Mixed bag on these updates. Dark Athena looks great. The Bleach collab buffs seem neat (that new damage enhance active for Awoken Ichigo could be huge if dark rows ever become a thing again). Tan change is wonderful. The new Killer latents are crazy. Those could be really game changing, especially since it means we don't need Sephiroth to kill machines anymore. I also really like that new 7 combo -> 2x damage awoken skill. That should be fun.

On the other hand, those MP dragon uuevos are crazy disappointing. I know people were disappointed with Ra Dragon, but at least he became a top tier leader again. I hope JP complains and they give Yomi Dragon a bit more.

Bladelaw

Ok this change is great, but what's the point of regular Tans now? Just fodder for King Tans?

I want that Neptune Dragon Evo but I know the evo mats are going to be stupid as hell/not worth the effort.
Skill up mats for the legendary heroes too. Super meta feeding 5 tans for a king tan then four more tans and the king tan for 4 skill ups lol. 10 tans for four skill ups still isn't terrible since going 4/10 now is considered pretty good.

LiQuid!

NEW BASTET EVO WHAR SHES NOT SHITTY LITTLE BOY?!?!

FUCK TANS FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKKKKK TANSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ADIOS MUCHACHOS!

FUCK PIIIIIIIIIIIIS FIUCIFKCAUIFICALCUIAFIFKAC PIIIIIS!!!!!

EASY LATENT REPLACINGSGNAOGAHNGHGH

OMG I NEED THIS UPDATE PUT IT IN ME HUNG GOOOOOOO

LiQuid!

As I suspected, most of the FF buffs seem marginal and don't really improve their standing in life too much. They did alright with a TPA and a finger on Zidane, but I think it might have been too little too late. He will at least be better than green farmables like CuChu now, which is nice considering he's a gold REM pull.

Wow, awoken evo mats sound nice. Also lots of free MP.

All normal dungeons 0 stamina??? This means I can just sit and grind rank like there's no tomorrow???? That seems incredibly strange.

Bladelaw

Revo anubis paired with a 7x6 board lead pair...

I've been playing around with Tifa/A. Anubis for kicks and I can confirm this is going to be a crazy pairing. Load up on fingers and massive orb changers for a team that just cracks things open. Using Light or Dark as the primary damage component you're only restricted by not using Light-->whatever changers. I ran with this team: Tifa, Vaan, Yuna, Pal Cecil, Anavalk, Awoken Anubis.

Ichigo is going to be a goddamn monster when he comes out. I made a decent team to see how many rows I'd get keeping the usual stipulations (100% SBR, full board change bind clear somewhere) I put on teams. Using Ichigo(?), D/D Akechi (4), Awoken Pandora (3), D/D Haku (2), Yomidragon (0) you get a 4.5x spike from his active, plus the Hakechi burst, and between Panda and Yomidra enough RCV to come back from big hits even without an RCV multiplier. Swap haku for A. Luci with Haku inherit for another row and WAY more RCV. If RCV isn't necessary add Shantotto for an extra 6 dark rows lol. Does Awoken Ichigo get and Rows?

Crazy team would have Ichigo, Shantotto, A. Panda, A Luci (Zuoh), Lu Bu (Bind Clear) for at least 14 rows for 7x damage spike on Ichigo, Zuoh-->Panda gives you a burst board, you just get n

As I suspected, most of the FF buffs seem marginal and don't really improve their standing in life too much. They did alright with a TPA and a finger on Zidane, but I think it might have been too little too late. He will at least be better than green farmables like CuChu now, which is nice considering he's a gold REM pull.
Zidane needed an orb generating component to his active and he'd be a stellar sub. Even just a Vishnu-esque 2 orbs, maybe 1 light and 1 wood. The 5 turn skyfall buff is ok as an inherit but outside of Awoken Apollo when would you need that specific combo? And why would you inherit it over any of the other available options? So yeah, he's now better than farmables but only just, and not by much.

Rinoa and Lightning got the real buffs. God type and SBR make Lightning usable as a sub/lead on a ton of rainbow teams instead of just an inherit. Rinoa is both a poor man's sarasvati lead and a hell of a bind clear option now. I'd choose her over Isis any time I didn't need Isis's colors. Rinoa's going on my Sumire system as soon as she gets this buff with a Snow White inherit.

EDIT: Forgot about Butz getting a third TPA. Combined with his active guaranteeing a 2 TPA board this makes him a stellar Vishnu, Acetet, Revo Bastet, Robin Hood, Balboa and Kaede sub. His active is solid on Machine Athena teams too.

J0dy77

Looks like all of this gold hoarding will final be of use. This inherit system is going to eat through my gold supply though. It will bring a use to the gold farming dungeons again and Ganesha teams.

Changing topics: Now that we've had time to use Krishna, what teams has everyone settled in on? I know we talked about it a few pages back but I can't seem to figure out who to plus and focus on. I've got the Leilan yamato combo that seems to be the most popular but I'm finding TPA to be more consistent source of damage.

I'm currently running Awoken Ares, Hino with Leilan and Yamato but I might replace Leilan with Urd and go with another heart changer like Antares or Red Valk.

What has become your ideal team?

Aesnath

I'm always a bit mixed on these streams--sure they announce neat, new stuff, but I dislike waiting months to see any of it. Since I'm still waiting on Revo Minerva and updated Tsubaki, I wonder how long it will be for this stuff to come around to NA.

Bladelaw

Looks like all of this gold hoarding will final be of use. This inherit system is going to eat through my gold supply though. It will bring a use to the gold farming dungeons again and Ganesha teams.

Changing topics: Now that we've had time to use Krishna, what teams has everyone settled in on? I know we talked about it a few pages back but I can't seem to figure out who to plus and focus on. I've got the Leilan yamato combo that seems to be the most popular but I'm finding TPA to be more consistent source of damage.

I'm currently running Awoken Ares, Hino with Leilan and Yamato but I might replace Leilan with Urd and go with another heart changer like Antares or Red Valk.

What has become your ideal team?

I've settled on a row based team, while TPA's are certainly more plentiful the only time I need a shitload of damage I also need rows. I use the following and have cleared Arena, Machine Zeus, and a ton of descends with the following:
Krishna(Krishna inherit), Sanada (Set inherit), Urd(Typhon inherit), Yamato (Silk inherit), Awoken Cao Cao (Red Riding Hood Inherit). The only thing I might change is putting Fire Dragon Swordsman on ACC over RRH but the heart generation has saved my butt a couple of times so I'm still waffling on it. I prefer a bind clear active to the awakening but Yamato is used when possible to unbind coop subs or if the bind is more than 3 turns I'll use ACC(RRH) then match a couple heart rows. I've only ever done that once though. The inherits are mostly for SDR protection, I'd inherit Sanada on himself if I got a dupe but Set's the closest thing I have, accomplishes the same burst board with Urd but no healing component. Typhon is nice because when combo'ed with Set, Sanada, or ACC you get a 1/2 fire, 1/4 dark, 1/4 water/heal depending on which active was used. This makes orb management a little easier in some cases and the haste is always welcome too.

Most floors 6-7 orbs sweep, Sopdet I just match either 1 row, or a single weird clump of reds (5-7 orbs not a row or tpa), parvati trishula troll is hard to overcome so I usually lose a ton of time here but obviously don't die because the RCV is nuts. Anytime there's no resolve and something needs to die Urd--> Sanada kills everything. Don't do this on Gaia dragon as even with the 75% shield you'll hit over the 6 million damage shield, non enhanced orbs are fine. I use silk more for one shotting Kali with even a garbage board and as ghetto SDR on Yamato, that inherit is overkill and hilarious. I think Urd-->Sanada is better than Leilan-->Yamato but both combos are super strong.

W-00

Seeing the good rolls that people were getting, I decided to make another roll on my alt. I was punished with a dupe Water Dragon Swordsman. Yep, that's all I'm rolling today.

Can anyone take a few minutes and do a quick multiplayer dungeon with me?

8429 6231

I literally just want to get through expert quests... gremory learn it I could solo it with any friend

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Something about seeing

Lightning
-Added God typing

made me giggle. Yes, yes we get it.

Day one courtesy roll yielded a dupe Zuoh, which is a lot better than some alternatives.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the flailing about in the team screen, Zipped. I had a moment where I realized I had neither a heart cross lead (I guess technically Dantalion) nor a rainbow lead (I guess tecnically Fenrir) and started to feel real dumb. Ammy always saves the day.

Sorry for the flailing about in the team screen, Zipped. I had a moment where I realized I had neither a heart cross lead (I guess technically Dantalion) nor a rainbow lead (I guess tecnically Fenrir) and started to feel real dumb. Ammy always saves the day.

Thank you very much for the assist. It had been a while since I had been down in that section of the assembled teams. You essentially gave me 5 stones, I had not realized just how many of the other quests after expert I had done.

b33r

Seeing all the new stuff is overwhelming. QoL stuff is pretty great, inheritance and skill ups especially. Underwhelmed with the Shiva and Yomi Dragon uvos. Shiva Dragon should be a pretty strong tpa lead now, but not worth the mp without a hp buff. Yomi Dragon should be able to speed through arena without a gravity now, so that's nice, and 81x for a 5 match is pretty crazy. If they would have given her a hp buff instead of more rcv I would be ecstatic.

ccbfan

Pretty major changes all around.

Skills ups with dropable monsters are now joke easy. Was gonna start skilling up scarlet and my second Myr but definitely waiting for new system.

0 stam cost for normal dungeon is weird for Legendary Earth, seems like easy exp.

Stat buffs for inherits are huge especially if it varies from characters.

Killer Latents seem OP as hell considering how crappy the other ones are.

Alt Odin seem worst then current Odin.

Shiva dragon is so much worse than the other MP dragons. Only 39x? Yomi Dragon with seems so much better and way easier to setup, maybe the new Ult Awokens will start adding more God Reds.

b33r

Yeah I was thinking about legendary earth to, I will spam that for exp and super kings and just level everything I have. At least as long as I can stand it.

hermit7

Well pii will still be needed for awokens, and mp but otherwise the skill ups are really good. Especially so for farmables.

May stock up on tifa mats so she can be ready.

I am actually not overly impressed with the Revos.

Wanted Isis to see where they would take her, but I don't know if the removal of green would be worth it even.

Bladelaw

So the skill up thing must be the fundamental change they teased earlier this month. The 0 stam normals is a nice event for solo folks even if the applications are limited (Legendary earth farming or really ghetto early evo mat farming on off days).

I'm hoping by waiting for Satsuki's uevos she'll get some really great buffs. She doesn't need much IMO. A more friendly typing like God or Devil slides her on to a lot of teams. Awakening wise unbindable would be the dream, but even a couple skill boosts or dark orb enhances (or another TPA...) would be nice since having her up turn one usually means I can haste up the rest of my team. If she gets the Kanna treatment and gets a split ult lead/sub version I could see her leaderskill shifting to be a Dragon/Attacker 1.5 all + some other match clause. It gives her a narrow subpool but also her own niche. she'd be her own best sub in this case but still plenty of usable subs.

b33r

Plum being balanced can use any of the killer awakenings. She will become even a better sub, am wondering which ones would be best on her. You can have up to 3 if you use the 6th slot tama on her.

fek

Thinking about what to do with Ichigo. I use his first form on my alt as a Ra Dra sub for the god type so none of the new evos help here. I might just make him Awoken to use as a leader and just make do with Maeda in his spot for Ra Dra.

Top Bottom