• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kreed

Super ult Neptune Dragon
* 2nd SB added
LS: Increases ATK after 5 or more connected Water or Dark orbs, scales up to 10x ATK. 1.5x HP/RCV to God types.
* Evo mats will consume Noah Dragon, Volsung, Ilsix, Blast Aurora Dragon, Noah; all evolved.

Sigh @ Evolved Volsung. Oh well.

yami4ct

Noctis' boost seems kind of insane. Scaling now up to 7x at 6c? I guess I got a good leader at a good time.

So, how does Noctis deal with Sopdet? It seems very clear that triggering the 4x at 3c with a TPA will be too much. Is it better to do a 5 orb match at 4x or try to do TPAs at 1-2c?

EDIT:

Well, I can tell you 5 orbs, 3 combo already doesn't work even at his regular 3x. I was hitting over 100k that way which will screw you on weakness.

Guess I need to play around with the math for 1-2c TPAs then. This seems like a decent sized weakness for this team.

EDIT 2:
Well, found a video of someone doing it on the old LS. The answer to how you do it is 'exceptionally carefully'. Something he did that somehow I forgot was to use light TPAs. That's certainly a decent plan, but where as before you had some room and could get a 4 combo light TPA and still make it with Satuski, you can't do that at all now and she no longer works with a 3C light when Sopdet's in dark.

Hmmmmmmm

LuffyZoro

Rolled twice in godfest and got Trailokyavijaya and Ronove. I already had two Kaede and a Rozuel. I guess I could buy a RagDrag, but I don't know if I want to put in the effort to actually make the team.

Bladelaw

Rolled twice in godfest and got Trailokyavijaya and Ronove. I already had two Kaede and a Rozuel. I guess I could buy a RagDrag, but I don't know if I want to put in the effort to actually make the team.

To be fair it's one of if not the most consistent arena teams around. But if the playstyle isn't fun then I'd work on another team. There's plenty of options for every color these days. If I drew Ronove and had those subs I'd absolutely make the team. I think the tama floor is the only potential stumbling block depending on the spawns and who gets targeted.

Really I'm just having fun putting teams together. the ALB farm stuff is ok but with the new skill up rules I'm planning on dramatically reducing the number of cheese runs I do. Really just SDR farming and the occasional daily/MP farm is all I plan on running with ALB. Everything else is Cecil, Krishna, Anaphon, and Balboa. At least until UUevo Ra Dragon comes out.

I whaled up and bought an 85 pack. Quite a few dupes but some really cool stuff regardless.

Ares
Dark dragon swodsman (dupe)
Godin (3rd)
Shaitan (dupe)
Spica (dupe)
Zuoh x2 (3rd and 4th)
dark cyberbeast
Acala
LKali (4th)
wood wizard
Sumire (dupe but that's fine)
Tsubaki
Dragon samurai (dupe and barf)
Ronove
Red fruit dragon
water cyberdragon (dupe)
Avalon drake

jiggle

I whaled up and bought an 85 pack. Quite a few dupes but some really cool stuff regardless.

Ares
Dark dragon swodsman (dupe)
Godin (3rd)
Shaitan (dupe)
Spica (dupe)
Zuoh x2 (3rd and 4th)
dark cyberbeast
Acala
LKali (4th)
wood wizard
Sumire (dupe but that's fine)
Tsubaki
Dragon samurai (dupe and barf)
Ronove
Red fruit dragon
water cyberdragon (dupe)
Avalon drake

Ouch
I'd be pissed if I paid money for that :x

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Rag Drag proly the least essential piece of the optimal ronnie team so even if you don't want to drop the mp you're team would already be top tier. No reason not to do it tbh.

I've been really enjoying these fixed team descend challenges. I'm glad I didn't neglect them for a week and then realize at the last minute when it was too late to finish them all like I usually do. I think I might be able to get all of them done. Answered a text message in the middle of the Acala one and had to finish it in single player on both accounts but it was suuuuper easy. 100k+ HP and all the recovery in the world so you could stall for infinity and just chip down the resolve. I did play enough Acala to know that I'm 100% never going to play that leader even if I get her for realsies. I'm just way way way too bad at this game to use a board effectively, especially when there are too many green orbs.

Aside from all the dupes those are some high quality pulls. You got 2 top tier leaders in Ronnie and Acala if you've got green subs for them.

Ouch
I'd be pissed if I paid money for that :x
I've played this game every day for over 400days. Comparatively, I spent the same amount on the new Tomb Raider a while back and finished it in under 20 hours I think. Even if I only got one exciting drop to build a team around it would be worth more, play time wise.

Instead of 1 I got 4, Renove, Tsubaki, Sumire, Acala. :D

Also, Avalon Drake and the Wood Wizard will be useful for running ALB coop on Myr.

Good times.

yami4ct

You can never be *too* angry with pulling Avalon. Dude is pretty amazing on quite a few farm squads and is quite rare thanks to his non-pantheon or GFE status.

Bladelaw

Acala doesn't even really need quality subs. A team of Zeals work, or anything that can give you enough SBR. Acala is probably my current most wanted Pantheon God besides DQXQ. No Skyfalls makes a couple Dungeons probably impossible (Mech Zeus, 297 hera). I'm not 100% sure what the max combo a board grants with two same color crosses no skyfall. Her active can help but good luck getting a board that you can max out. It's almost worth sacrificing a sub slot for Khepri's active to break combo shields (or just play another team for that dungeon).

The fixed Acala team was actually kind of... fun? In a sense. Making the two wood crosses was harrowing but I can't really complain about the damage. I'm glad I rolled one.

Tsubaki is still the most fun (even though I didn't clear the challenge yet) just because there's some but not a lot of pressure, and it's pleasing to the eye to see a lot of shining red and yellow in an era of green.

I still don't have any Three Kingdoms cards so it would be nice to roll one, triple especially Liu Bei for obvious reasons.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wouldn't call it fun. It was interesting. They clearly tailored that particular dungeon to be kind of cake for Acala, probably in hopes that you'll see how resilient she is with the crappy subs they give it, and then roll a bunch on the GF (am I cynical about this game or what?) I could see how people that are actually good at the game could find the value in the card but skyfall is literally how I luck my way into 80% of the shit I clear, so not having it means you need to know how to combo a given board to its fullest potential and fuck that.

Bladelaw

I wouldn't call it fun. It was interesting. They clearly tailored that particular dungeon to be kind of cake for Acala, probably in hopes that you'll see how resilient she is with the crappy subs they give it, and then roll a bunch on the GF (am I cynical about this game or what?) I could see how people that are actually good at the game could find the value in the card but skyfall is literally how I luck my way into 80% of the shit I clear, so not having it means you need to know how to combo a given board to its fullest potential and fuck that.

Ok here's my recommendation for "getting good". Get a lead you like (rows, TPA, Rainbow, Cross, 5O1E, whatever). Load that team up with ANY sub with fingers. Hop into endless and just practice matching. The extra time extends should give you time to move carefully instead of frantically. Also it's endless so the first 41 floors basically tickle. Learn how to best match, watch people play, not reco mind you, unless you have a high speed camera and replay setup. You don't have to sweep every floor turn 1 if you're playing a tank team, spend a turn to set up your board if the option is there. Say you're running Australis, make boxes of green orbs in the lower left and right corners of the board, match only combos at the top of the board until you get more green, then match the row+ when you have enough orbs.

Some leads are painless to activate, others require a fair amount of effort and a bit of luck (Anubis). Balboa/Artemis is pretty much a braindead team to play, match 3-4 wood and 3 blue and shit out a few hundred thousand damage. Update your box, you must have some decent stuff to put together, from there it's practice. One of my earliest rolls was Ra, I didn't have a prayer using him as a lead so I eventually rolled verdandi and did well enough until I got Bastet and Shiva and had to learn to combo. That was a much smoother transition into how to play the game.

Instead of trying to match and just activate once on a floor, start by getting that activation then adding a combo, then two, and so on. I'm only just now S-ranking dungeons 500 days in because I don't use the cheese s-rank teams and just got better at comboing. Now I'm looking forward to using Ra Dragon as a primary lead. I still choke on Z8's combo shield. I don't know why that specific check fucks with me but it does, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Is there a good site that has all the evo mats skills listed AND the monsters they skill up? GH's FB page gives the names of the new skills they rotated to but doesn't list who has those skills. Looking up each on on padx is time consuming.

Okamid3n

Finally beat mech zeus solo. I could've done it in co-op easily, but what's the point of maxing out teams if I never do anything by myself?

I beat it with Krishna by...stalling 100 turns on floor 8 so the locked orbs disappeared and I could safely 8-combo mecha zeus.

Yes, I stalled 100 turns in a no-rcv dungeon just because I can't combo unless the board is bicolor.

I don't know if that's impressive or sad.

Bladelaw

Finally beat mech zeus solo. I could've done it in co-op easily, but what's the point of maxing out teams if I never do anything by myself?

I beat it with Krishna by...stalling 100 turns on floor 8 so the locked orbs disappeared and I could safely 8-combo mecha zeus.

Yes, I stalled 100 turns in a no-rcv dungeon just because I can't combo unless the board is bicolor.

Wow that's impressive. How'd you manage so long?

Two more GF rolls: unicorn rider and Cameo.
Gemstone princesses http://iob.imgur.com/uYGg/gBfhYClKJy

I now have all the gemstone princesses. No legendary heroes though. Stopping here and burning the rest of my stones on the altar of lightning.

I say impressive.

Lots of cool news today. Should keep me playing. I kind of want Neptune dragon. Probably not practical but it looks fun. Hopefully we get the free MP gifts too.

I have RaDra but I'm not that excited about his ult. I just don't want to go through the process of getting the evo mats. I got OdinDra in the one shot challenge :(

Okamid3n

Two red combos easily ohko the green monster on floor 8 while doing 1 damage on the water one. The water enemy then proceeded to do double its attack power and then do its 3000 (6000 damage after boost) attack repeatedly. That's super easy to heal when you have two heart makers + another inherited one and over 60k hp.

After about ~95 turns of doing 1 damage per card on it, it switched to its <99% attack that does 24k damage and I had to hurry up a little there, but I managed to stall a little bit more.

I have RaDra but I'm not that excited about his ult. I just don't want to go through the process of getting the evo mats. I got OdinDra in the one shot challenge :(

Yea, I got the RaDra one or else I'd never bother. Still, it seemed like too much trouble, but Bladelaw said the worst parts (if you have the radar dragon) are the gold keepers. So I farmed a buttload of gold keepers and it indeed got me a lot closer to being done with the mats.

And that's why I just did Mecha Zeus. I am getting pretty close to having all the mats ready, now!

LiQuid!

How do you even stall 100 floors with no rcv? How is it even possible?

Okamid3n

Well, if the enemy does 6k damage per turn and you have 60k hp, it takes 10 turns for it to KO you. You can then cycle between three heart makers and heal safely.

(Alternatively, if I had a board refresh to inherit for the boss floor, this would've been 100 times easier.)

Well, if the enemy does 6k damage per turn and you have 60k hp, it takes 10 turns for it to KO you. You can then cycle between three heart makers and heal safely.

(Alternatively, if I had a board refresh to inherit for the boss floor, this would've been 100 times easier.)

I wish there was more inheritable board refreshes. It's super niche, but it's absolutely essential sometimes.

Okamid3n

Something strange I realized with this run though :

You know how some monsters' attacks change if their hp drop below 100%?

Well this one only changed its attack if it dropped below 99%. As long as it was between 99% and 100%, it was fine. Compare this to something like Scarlet's first form where doing only any kind of damage is enough to make her switch to her <100% attack. It seems like there are monsters who have <99% attacks and monsters who have <100% attacks.

LiQuid!

I just realized... The L.meta that I pulled on my alt last night... The metas aren't even featured in day 1 of the GF, only day 2... How the hell did I pull that? Was I lied to by Gung Ho? Or did I just "luck" out and pull it with it having regular rates?

Anywhoo, I got like 14 pulls between both my accounts and I'm not stopping til I get:

1. Ron on alt
2. ALB on either/both acct (pref on alt I think, for coopin)
3. Lu Bu on main

I promise I'll try not to cry too hard if Silverfest 3 happens, but no promises. I think I've come to grips with the fact that bad rolls are going to happen, especially now that I'm a handful of months in and the likelihood of dupes and miscellaneous garbage becomes more prevalent than non-dupe, quality cards. Gung Ho has proven to be really generous with magic stones as evidenced by the fact that I've got 14 rolls just a few weeks after I purged them all on the last GF.

divusrex

I just realized... The L.meta that I pulled on my alt last night... The metas aren't even featured in day 1 of the GF, only day 2... How the hell did I pull that? Was I lied to by Gung Ho? Or did I just "luck" out and pull it with it having regular rates?

You just lucked out (I think). According to http://www.puzzledragonx.com/, day 1 has 1x Metatrons. The 4x boosted rate won't apply to them in the GFE pool, but it doesn't mean that you can't pull them from the machine. The same logic would apply to Day 2 for Odins, Kalis, JP Callers, and Sonias.

b33r

Lol I have one now, after selling a few. But honestly, fairy tale silvers are as good. Still haven't used her.

LiQuid!

Need 1 stone on both of my accounts for an extra pull in a half hour. Oh, I'll just do one of these FF collabs rq.

Try mythical. Fail.

Rematch. Fail.

Well fuck that, let's try some descends I guess.

Sonia Gran. Fail.

Well I got a bad spawn.

Rematch. Fail.

Well that's clearly too hard.

Shouten Doji. Legend... Fail. Died to some fucking CHIMPMUNK?!

250 stamina wasted in the span of a half hour and nothing to show for it. I could have just done some shitty coin dungeon collab and gotten a fucking stone if I would have known all the descends were going to be impossible for me today...

W-00

Welp, my alt just pulled Trailokyavijaya, so it needs to make a fire team now. I've never had the cards to make a fire team on either account before. It's got Traily, Gadius, Baldin, Leilan, Silk, Sanada Yukimura, Valen, Ame no Uzume, Antares, Markab, and Ronia. What's the team?

In its attempt to get Liu Bei, my alt also pulled Artemis (which confused me until I remembered the Wood Gala), Ruel, and Chrono Turtle (sigh). I was going to stop there, but I thought, "Wouldn't it be just so fitting if the very next roll I would have made would be Liu Bei and I missed out on it because I gave up?" So I pulled again. No Liu Bei, but my alt now has Gremory. Whether my alt can lead with her or not, she'll at least be a good sub. I have seven rolls left on my alt, but I was really hoping to have 10 rolls for PCGF, so I should probably stop there and start saving stones again.

Encouraged by my luck on my alt, I decided to risk a single roll on my main. Sylvie! My alt would have had a lot more use for that roll, but my main is still glad to have her.

unrealist

In my never ending hunt for LB, I pulled my 5th Kaede, and 6th Sumire .. this is after nearly a year of godfests (an 85 stones pack each). Not meant to inflict salty wounds ... but why is LB so hard to get ..

Bladelaw

Rolled
Main:
Trailokyavijaya (I'm not good enough to use her as a lead so she'll be a sub/inherit)
Urd #7 or 8, probably selling
Ryune (NEW!)
Spica dupe, keeping

Ryune is one of the few GFE's I'm missing and opens up a couple options for some blue teams I can make.

The others being mostly 6*, Kanna, Dmeta, Ilm, Sylvie, Baldin, Viz, Roots, Dantalion, Ronove, Gremory, and Paimon

Alt:
Vajrayaksa (Will probably inherit on the account's Myr),
Kopis

J0dy77

Is there a good site that has all the evo mats skills listed AND the monsters they skill up? GH's FB page gives the names of the new skills they rotated to but doesn't list who has those skills. Looking up each on on padx is time consuming.

Just download Pad Guide on your phone. So much better than anything else for playing PAD.

Pulled once today hoping for a Cao Cao and got Ryune... don't have much use for her currently but very happy about the pull. I've always had decent drops when new pantheons get introduced.

well,

rolled more than I probably should have but got

Sherias Roots (first)
Ronove (third, will sell)
Masamune (#2, don't see the point)
Kakkab (why is this gold)
Lu Bu
Ruka (don't see the point)

and some dupes including 2 sarias, one of which I will max skill

Sherias Roots seems tough so I don't know what I'll do with it.

Bladelaw

well,

Sherias Roots (first)
Lu Bu

Keep Roots, my personal rule is always keep (at least 1) 6* GFE's. Roots is real strong in the right hands and can coop clear Arena 3 with the right teams. Masamune is currently seeing use on some Liu Bei teams as an inherit base with multiboost, not enough to keep it especially if you're missing Liu Bei. Kakkab is a systemable unbindable TPA beast, crap stats unfortunately. Niche uses on Hamal and Castor teams, makes a good inherit base for bind clears when other options aren't available. Lu Bu is a useful spike on Pandora and specific DK Cecil teams (I think Durga's better here though).

Saria is one of those cards that's just plain useful. Decent stats, solid awakenings (for a card with 1 evo), and one of the most useful actives available. I'd keep every one of these you pull. The active is great on Myr, Krishna, Thoria, Xiang Mei, Xiu Min, Awoken Cao Cao, Revo Minerva, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for the writeup.

Saria's active looks good for Tsubaki and I have 5 (yes I know) of those so I could probably work her into a team somehow. My unevolved "mess around in endless" team also has Ilm so I have some good yellow/red stuff.

It helps that her skillup dungeon is still around for a few days, I guess I'll run it obsessively and try and find co-op partners to lessen the stamina damage tonight.

well,

Sherias Roots (first)
Lu Bu

If you don't already have a Thoria team then you should max them both and make one since it's a great team to have. The ability to stall forever on anything that doesn't countdown to a death shot is amazing.

I don't have a Thor, but that kind of gameplay is kind of an appealing alternative to the "kill shot or die" style of rainbow combo leads. I just hope I have enough stamina to grind two dozen rabbits for the skillups. Thankfully I already max skilled one Saria.

b33r

We should get dark Kanna soon, I just need one more skill up on Facet and to put latents on her.

Oo3YMoV.jpg

LiQuid!

Blew my load.

Alt:

2192.png
3197.png
2187.png
3201.png
1125.png
1502.png

Looks like my alt is just going to be a catch-all account for gala trash. Got Acala, which I'm on record as saying I don't really care to use, and Trailowhatever who seems wholly useless, otherwise thinking about using some of this crap for +eggs. Grimcrap has +50 HP on it and I want that in my life, is his shield active worth keeping him for? Don't like these pulls.

Main:

2710.png
2145.png
1241.png
559.png
624.png
1088.png
352.png
1620.png

That's a little more like it! Aside from Sherias (3rd) and Sasuke (2nd), no dupes, 2 6-star GFE's, including Kaede(!) and a random Michael from the gala which I'm sure I'll find a use for. Liking these pulls even tho, once again I did absolutely nothing to bridge the gap between my 2 accounts. Alt got crap and main strengthened its green box. Seems to be the case every godfest, it's kind of baffling actually.

Literally zero stones on both accounts so you guys won't have to deal with 50 edits where I slowly descend into madness this GF. I'm just straight up done. Hope GH is as generous repleting my stock this time as they were in the last few weeks.

edit: question tho, is there any good reason why Guan Yu is so useless? A 2 year old card without even a basic ultimate evo? He and GZL need help, and desperately.

W-00

I don't have a Thor, but that kind of gameplay is kind of an appealing alternative to the "kill shot or die" style of rainbow combo leads. I just hope I have enough stamina to grind two dozen rabbits for the skillups. Thankfully I already max skilled one Saria.

The nice thing about a Thoria team is that you only need one of the leaders the name comes from. The other one is the friend leader. So since you have Saria, you just need a friend with Awoken Thor.

Blew my load.

Alt:

Looks like my alt is just going to be a catch-all account for gala trash. Got Acala, which I'm on record as saying I don't really care to use, and Trailowhatever who seems wholly useless, otherwise thinking about using some of this crap for +eggs. Grimcrap has +50 HP on it and I want that in my life, is his shield active worth keeping him for? Don't like these pulls.
Traily's skill should at least be useful as an inherit. Her gravity works based off of max HP, so unlike any other gravity in the game, hers can actually kill monsters once they're low enough.

EDIT: I just had an irresistible urge to make another pull on my main. I was regretting it even as I was making it. DQXQ! Finally, a good Myr sub on my main!

Bladelaw

Blew my load.

That's a little more like it! Aside from Sherias (3rd) and Sasuke (2nd), no dupes, 2 6-star GFE's, including Kaede(!) and a random Michael from the gala which I'm sure I'll find a use for. Liking these pulls even tho, once again I did absolutely nothing to bridge the gap between my 2 accounts. Alt got crap and main strengthened its green box. Seems to be the case every godfest, it's kind of baffling actually.

Literally zero stones on both accounts so you guys won't have to deal with 50 edits where I slowly descend into madness this GF. I'm just straight up done. Hope GH is as generous repleting my stock this time as they were in the last few weeks.

edit: question tho, is there any good reason why Guan Yu is so useless? A 2 year old card without even a basic ultimate evo? He and GZL need help, and desperately.
GGY needs help. You're not wrong there. Altair got a buff in JP that might make him useful. That and Alnair are solid poverty subs on a Mathena team.

Trailokya I'm not sure outside of gravity cheese what to do with her. It's a unique active so I'd save it.

Fire dragon swordsman is a solid skill to inherit for fire based non heart reliant teams.

Grim rock is garbage.

Acala is the star of the wisdom kings. Please don't sell her. You'll eventually get the skills to bring her power to bear.

Grats on the other pulls most are really good.

The problem is finding a random Thor :(
edit: I guess I could also ask reddit? Maybe there's a discord room for LF Leaders.

also moblin spends like $600 on this game in 2 months -> everyone gets a kaede but moblin

ok

Top Bottom