• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

The Christmas REM is one of the trappiest traps. super low value at silver (Is there anything there dramatically better than a farmable? Lilith maybe due to color?) Gold isn't much better, Freyja, Genie are both generally bad outside of very specific roles. Only at the high end is there any real value. Xmas Kali, Xmas Sonia (God tier Acala inherit), Red Grem pretty much cover it.

Also the healer girls delays are not inheritable, they stay 4* meaning their actives can't be inherited. Also Ars Paulina is probably the only decent obtainable roll, great sub for a lot of blue teams and skill ups are obtainable through Myr's dungeon.

I'd love Xmas Sonia (only Sonia I'm missing) but I'm not throwing stones at the healer girls until I get lucky. I'll be saving that for New Years where all I'm actually interested in is a NY Tengu and I'll be happy with almost anything I get from there.

J0dy77

Haha, trust me I know. Krishna is a dream for me. My fire box is stacked due to my first hypered teams being, Urd, awoken Shiva, and Shiva Dragon. My dark box is stronger now due to Anaphon and dark Kanna. Heck, even my light box is better now with my Myr team. But I want Krishna so bad, almost 2 years now and never pulled one...

I swear im the only PAD player that feels Krishna is way overrated. He is so orb hungry for any type of consistent damage and completely reliant on skills as a result. Maybe I just haven't played with him enough but I really can't find a consistent flow with him.

You know what? Holy shit, actually. Imagine spending $5 USD on a pull from that machine and getting a trash silver that you literally can't do anything useful with? And I just watched Dzy pull like a dozen of those. Sometimes I think Gung Ho's lost their god damned minds.

This is exactly why I've never spent any real money on the game. I'll support the game when they have the $5 one time buys and things like that but I'll never chase a card. I work to hard for my money to watch some silver crap pop out of a digital game... would make me stop playing real quick.

Bladelaw

Re: Krishna hype
He's high damage, high HP, and has your entire fire box as a sub pool. This makes him incredibly accessible and the HP let's you stall for actives to allow you to burst. Unlike Sarasvati where if you don't get the kill you're probably dead Krishna can soak a bunch of hits and keep bouncing back. He's not the strongest lead in the game but much like Awoken Lucifer he's accessible and "strong enough" to clear pretty much everything.

For the latest challenge set Balboa/Artemis wrecks with the following team:

Balboa
Leeza
Beach Meimei
Spica
Grodin Tamazo
Awoken Artemis

You sit at around 92k HP and just shit out damage with 6 orbs.
For Zera, combo through resolve, Grodin punch, then kill

For Zhou Yu burst to 0 then Grodin punch for the kill. Everything else is super straight forward.

Jaggy

Yeah, okay, save the stones. Except... It's not like a roll now is equivalent to a roll in that Heroin REM. It's only half a roll. Who's to say that I won't have five extra stones when the REM comes around? Then I'd have wasted an opportunity at Krishna... Yes, I should make one more roll now, and if I'm five or fewer stones away from a roll in the Heroine REM, I'll just buy them!

It's a gold egg! Come on, Krishna!

Alnair.

Hell.

I'm okay with that setup, but I should mention that my alt's Krishna will probably be up pretty rarely. Kaede isn't moving from slot 1, and Acala is in slot 2 for my main to use it. So Krishna would strictly be in the active slot, and only then when that account is soloing something (because my main can't coop with a fire team).

My alt will be pleased to be able to skill its Sumire, at least.

I have Krishna in my BF slot If you need a third. I use ra dragon in slot 1, also use awoken Izinagi a lot paired with myr (for better rcv).

Sounds good to me, if both of you still want, who adds who?

Bladelaw

Question for the Revo Lakshmi players out there...

Here's the team I'm thinking of running:
R. Lak (Urd)
Andromeda
Andromeda
Ryune (Delay inherit)
Y'sthola
R. Lak (Probably Urd based on my friends list)

Potential for 3 mega bursts, bind clearing and delays covered for annoying monsters (sopdet/Kagu), hearts and board changers for days. Where am I going to have trouble? Are there better sub options than Ryune/Y'shtola?

Bladelaw

what's your in game name? Mine is kwhit@gaf

If we aren't friends mine is 344,231,384

EDIT: posted before your edit lol

Mine is 359,468,351
Just FYI Lakshmi is a side project and thus not hypered and both her and her inherited Urd need a bunch of skill ups.

My primary teams as of today (changes based on how much tinkering I want to do).

Slot 1 Anaphon, My favorite !myr team
Slot 2 Dark Knight Cecil - This is mostly for my alt and a couple folks who BF'ed me pretty much solely on my hyper Cecil
Slot 3 Rotates...a lot

Currently I'm leaving Balboa in that slot for folks to breeze through the challenge set but other leads:
Krishna
Myr
Noctis
Ra Dragon
Ronove
Beach Goemon (If I'm push buttoning Star Den)
Awoken Liu Bei (If I'm farming SDR)
Revo Lakshmi (Probably my next project until Uevo Ra Dragon)

Actual content edit:
JP XMas stream will have an arena race and one of the following four cards gets a buff:

•Haraichi (Gremory)
•Max Murai (Ariel)
•Otsuka Kadoman (Verdandi)
•YamaP (Ryune)

I'd be happy for any non-gremory win (mostly because I don't have gremory). Ariel is my most hyped because if she gets a fourth TPA I don't have to worry about missing Kanna on Ra Dragon.

Jaggy

Mine is 333 076 257, ign is jaggy
Slot one is kaede, two is panda right now for a diff bf but can change it, and 3 rotates between
Myr
Krishna
Revo shiva
Ganesha
Bacetet
Goemon
Alb
Dark kanna

Also will have radra up when it comes back in rotation, need to buy it

I should sell these trash silvers rather than fusing for the +44 right?

3k MP seems like a much better value than half a minute of +egg farming.

Bladelaw

I should sell these trash silvers rather than fusing for the +44 right?

3k MP seems like a much better value than half a minute of +egg farming.

For me it's a stamina calculation. if you can farm 500 MP for 25 stamina, 6 runs(150 stamina) gets you 3k MP for the same stamina you could get 60 +eggs in star den.

In this case I'd go for the MP unless I wanted to even up my +egg distribution. A time factor make the MP even more appealing IMO since even buttoning through something like Linthia or Scarlet takes more time than buttoning through star den.

ccbfan

Terrible, yet successful PCGF for me.

10 rolls and 9 dupes and none of them usable. (Some reason a lot of AA Luci)

The saving grace though is pulled a Krishna which is one of my most wanted pulls. Top red lead in the game and I have awesome red subs.

W-00

Free pulls were Alraune. On both accounts. I really wanted Castor and Pollux on my main, but I'm not desperate enough to spend stones in this trap.

what's your in game name? Mine is kwhit@gaf

If we aren't friends mine is 344,231,384

Mine is 333 076 257, ign is jaggy
Slot one is kaede, two is panda right now for a diff bf but can change it, and 3 rotates between
Myr
Krishna
Revo shiva
Ganesha
Bacetet
Goemon
Alb
Dark kanna

Also will have radra up when it comes back in rotation, need to buy it

Alt's ID is 300,517,4470 IGN is KaedeLead. Sent friend requests to both of you.

need a single yellow mask
and a shitton of XP
to reincarnate verche, get a single light keeper for sandalphon's final evo, and evo Z&H and myr is mine
kn8pyPa.gif

Skilling up will not be pleasant though, and aside from DQXQ and Kanna I'm not sure about subs.

Bladelaw

and a shitton of XP
to reincarnate verche, get a single light keeper for sandalphon's final evo, and evo Z&H and myr is mine
kn8pyPa.gif

Skilling up will not be pleasant though, and aside from DQXQ and Kanna I'm not sure about subs.

Post your box, I can help. Zera evo is a pain in the ass just FYI.

Good subs are any light monsters that make lights, hearts, or both with Awoken Venus being special as a prime inherit base.

b33r

Post your box, I can help. Zera evo is a pain in the ass just FYI.

Good subs are any light monsters that make lights, hearts, or both with Awoken Venus being special as a prime inherit base.

His Kanna can be a good inherit base too, 4 prong, unbindable, his like a truck.

Bladelaw

His Kanna can be a good inherit base too, 4 prong, unbindable, his like a truck.

Yeah, Kanna's evo opened up a lot of Light TPA team possibilities. If I had her I'd switch to a TPA Myr team in a heartbeat.
Kanna, Wedding Satsuki, Ariel, Apocalypse with a DQXQ on Ariel and Cecil on Kanna would be so god damn strong.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
and a shitton of XP
kn8pyPa.gif

The one true sub.

MONS_2100.jpg

^ ew lol, not even if I had one

Anyway, here is my box as of 3 minutes ago. Yes it's messy, as I did some evo mat and Tsubaki skillup runs this morning, hopefully tonight I will sell off a bunch of the useless shit and make a decision on where to put some +egg mules and have a solid 100 more slots. I'm forever wary about selling or feeding bosses like Nordis.

Right know I know DQXQ and Kanna are considered "good", although neither are max skilled. Saria seems ok but from what I can tell people mostly use other bases and inherit her skill. Summer Fuu? Her awakenings are absolute trash. Raph seems to serve a very specific purpose, one that I'll rarely need. Pollux maybe? Might combo with Myr. Wee Jas? Moogle has an amazing skill but no attack.

I have all the pieces to evo Z&H, I just need to farm angelits/devilits like crazy. I don't regret blowing most on skillups, though.

I suppose some of the farmables like Elia or Reincarnated Verche might be good, too?

Bladelaw

^ ew lol, not even if I had one

Anyway, here is my box as of 3 minutes ago. Yes it's messy, as I did some evo mat and Tsubaki skillup runs this morning, hopefully tonight I will sell off a bunch of the useless shit and make a decision on where to put some +egg mules and have a solid 100 more slots. I'm forever wary about selling or feeding bosses like Nordis.

Right know I know DQXQ and Kanna are considered "good", although neither are max skilled. Saria seems ok but from what I can tell people mostly use other bases and inherit her skill. Summer Fuu? Her awakenings are absolute trash. Raph seems to serve a very specific purpose, one that I'll rarely need. Pollux maybe? Might combo with Myr. Wee Jas? Moogle has an amazing skill but no attack.

I suppose some of the farmables like Elia or Reincarnated Verche might be good, too?
Ok Here's what I would run/work toward if I had your subs:
Myr (Saria)
Awoken DQXQ
Fenrir Viz (Saria)
Kanna (Saria)
Wee Jas

You have 3 Saria's might as well make the most of them. Wee Jas is a an emergency heart maker and bind clear with killers to make his damage acceptable occasionally. Fenrir Viz is a stat stick and amazing inherit base. You get extra move time, 2 SBR, and god killer, and once skilled up one of the best light inherit bases available. You can replace with Elia for the prongs but skilling her up takes forever.

DQXQ should only be used after a saria board if you got a shitload of lights and not many fire/hearts. Otherwise use them to clear board trash and get a miniburst. If you ever get Apocalypse then you have a proper "burst" board.

My alt ran with a much worse team and still cleared the Noah One Shot challenge:
Myr
Moogle
Light Cecil
Elia
Saria's Skill up (Fangrem?)

b33r

Yeah, Kanna's evo opened up a lot of Light TPA team possibilities. If I had her I'd switch to a TPA Myr team in a heartbeat.
Kanna, Wedding Satsuki, Ariel, Apocalypse with a DQXQ on Ariel and Cecil on Kanna would be so god damn strong.

Yeah I planned on changing my Kanna to light eventually, but now I'm not sure. Dark Kanna is my current favorite team. I'll see if I get tired of her.

And that is exactly what I'd do if I changed her to light, put her in place of Saria and inherit Saria on her.

Edit: I just accidentally paired Rukia with Neptune Dragon thinking I had my Meri team, on descended challenge ten lol. Somehow I beat it.

W-00

Anyone here run Acala? I could use some team-building advice for both of my accounts.

On my main I need to figure out what to put in her final slot. So far I have: Acala (Australis)/Verdandi/ALB/Perseus/?/Acala.

Verdandi is in, because she is Acala's #1 sub. ALB provides unbindable hard bind-clearing. Perseus is a semi-bindable soft bind-clearer.

For the last slot I was thinking Michael, because he has a good skill and provides the last SBR the team needs for total coverage, but it would already get that from a friend Acala and his other awakenings wouldn't be much use to the team.
Sylvie also provides a good active, but her awakenings also don't fit the team.
A. Astaroth is nice as an unbindable trash-clearer, but she eats fire and her row awakenings would be wasted on the team.
Avalon Drake makes plenty of green, but other than his skill boosts doesn't bring any awakenings of use.
Ruel... um... pass.
Bacetet brings good awakenings, but I'm not crazy about the active.
Zhuge Liang... not remotely synergistic.
Ceres? Maybe if I Ana her and really need a better bind-clear than ALB and Perseus.
Green Wee Jas has surprisingly good awakenings and might be situationally useful, but probably not a mainstay.
Phact is unbindable, but unremarkable.
Alnair is an unbindable soft bind-clearer with a decent active and a haste. I was quite annoyed to pull it last night, but it may be useful.
Additionally, I have a second Liu Bei that I haven't evolved yet. I don't see any use for his alternate forms (When would Acala ever need a killer?), so maybe a second ALB would be for the best.
Thoughts?

My alt has fewer sub options, so I'd just like some opinions on whether or not I'm building the best team I can for it, I'm thinking: Acala (A. Artemis)/A. Artemis/Ronove/ALB/Kaede.

I recognize that Artemis breaks fires, which is suboptimal, but she brings the skyfall, so I think she deserves a spot. Ronove brings good awakenings, short-cooldown trash-clearing, and makes an excellent base for inheritance (I'm considering A. Leilan, but Krishna wants her available for his team). ALB is for the same reasons as before. Kaede brings mostly-useful awakenings and is already hypered, even if her skill might not be too great for the team.

Other options for my alt include:
A. Freyja, who has an active that would primarily be useful if I had to do enough damage to retroactively erase a monster from existence
Balboa
Ruel
Aemo
Waifu Kaho
X-mas Alraune

Bladelaw

Anyone here run Acala? I could use some team-building advice for both of my accounts.

Much like Ronove you need to know what the team needs and fill the holes as best you can with what you have. Acala needs wood and fire to do damage, you don't always need 81x or 729x. She has enough HP and RCV to survive a stupid amount of damage (especially in coop) so you can generally stall for orbs saving actives for when stalling isn't an option. Verdandi+Heart break is your burst board (unless you have xmas Sonia then enjoy). You have Verd, and Australis is a great heart break to inherit. Spica also works as a sub bringing relevant awakenings. You need a bind clear, passive or otherwise. I'd recommend Grodin Tama over ALB because you'll get a solid damage increase from the Orb Enhances, but ALB is totally serviceable as a more offensive option. You need a quick orb generator for a reliable way to kill a floor if every thing else is on cooldown. Leeza, Osiris, Bartz, Phact, and Alnair all serve this purpose well with Leeza or Osiris being the best option depending on your stance on killers and the extra turn cooldown. If you're only running this team coop and don't have to worry about SBR I'd pick Grodin Tamazo and Osiris. The last slot is flex. This is where I'd put a delay or another fast orb changer if I needed one.

Also Dino Rider might be among the best inherits for this team FYI

Given the subs you posted I'd run:
Acala (Australis)
Verdandi
Phact
ALB
Michael

Perseus removes fire which can be a problem. A second ALB is mostly wasted unless you wanted to run a mostly bind immune player one side (which can definitely have benefits) but I'd rather something with more useful awakenings and a different active.

Alt:
Acala
Balboa (super underrated)
Ronove (TE + trash clearing is always a good thing)
ALB
Kaede (mostly a stat stick)

Balboa's shield would let you tank Kali's rage hit in coop (possibly solo too lol) and attacker killer is a low key great awakening

Ronove serves as your junk cleaner and possibly emergency heal. Inherit something useful on top if possible

ALB clears binds and floods the board

Kaede is kind of a stat stick here. A cross + prong will still kill quite a bit though.

--------------------------------------
Probably going to give Bleach a courtesy roll (beyond the hopefully free roll we get) but really not expecting much. I have everything but Aizen I'd want out of it (including Urahara and Toshiro dupes) and I'm not expecting Aizen.

I'm not sure which evo I'd go for Ichigo. I think I'll probably keep him as is for an inherit on Uevo Ra Dragon. I don't need another dark row lead.

Rukia is exciting for me though. I have a great team for her uevo and Awoken Sun Quan should shore up any damage issues my poor combo skills will display.

I'm thinking
Scheat
Nut (Mori Motonori)
Awoken Sun Quan/Awoken Orochi
Y'shtola

Thanks for the input! Most stuff I saw online had Wedding Akechi and Apoc as "core" subs so it's tough to find replacements, especially when I don't have Sun Wukong either :(

I've been super reliant on heartmakers with Ronove, so that's something that concerns me about the team. Also I'm not skilled and making the cross and 3+ different combos every turn is rough, especially when Ronove's shield isn't as strong as Myr's/Sumire's.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Both of my accounts' boxes are a post-PCGF grinding, Moblinesque disaster and I'm too lazy to clean them out.

LiQuid!

For the current godfest, which units are good?

There's no current godfest. Do you mean the godfest that just ended? They're all good for something or another. They were hand picked by votes from the playerbase, so they are unquestionably the most popoular/best cards in the game.

Do you specifically mean which are good leaders? Krishna, Ronove, Kaede, Ilm, DQXQ, few others.

The rest are good subs for popular leaders, good for farming, etc. All of them are useful.

If you're talking about the Christmas gacha, there are no truly bad cards in it
How can you say this? This is an outright lie.

Don't pull on Christmas REM unless you have literally every pantheon card in existence or are a mega whale.

Bladelaw

There's no current godfest. Do you mean the godfest that just ended? They're all good for something or another. They were hand picked by votes from the playerbase, so they are unquestionably the most popoular/best cards in the game.

Do you specifically mean which are good leaders? Krishna, Ronove, Kaede, Ilm, DQXQ, few others.

The rest are good subs for popular leaders, good for farming, etc. All of them are useful.

How can you say this? This is an outright lie.

Don't pull on Christmas REM unless you have literally every pantheon card in existence or are a mega whale.
I mean all the healer girls are useful especially early game. Ars Paulina is actually useful in general. But like cosmo says the value is all at the top. I stand by my earlier commonet of don't roll but there are worse ways to spend stones (rolling out of godfest)

The literal worst you can roll is a delay that can be easily skilled up; how is that bad, especially for somebody at the point in the game that shintoki is at?

LiQuid!

I don't see a delay as particularly game winning early game. That's something you're going to want to use on higher level bosses that move every turn and generally have attacks that can one shot you. For early game the best thing you can have is an easily activatable leader with a good multiplier and appropriate subs.

If it's a question of spending 5 stones on this Xmas REM and likely getting a healer girl out of it or saving it for a pantheon godfest, you'd suggest rolling on this event?

I don't see a delay as particularly game winning early game. That's something you're going to want to use on higher level bosses that move every turn and generally have attacks that can one shot you. For early game the best thing you can have is an easily activatable leader with a good multiplier and appropriate subs.

If it's a question of spending 5 stones on this Xmas REM and likely getting a healer girl out of it or saving it for a pantheon godfest, you'd suggest rolling on this event?
I'd take a menace over a ripper or a fruit dragon yes

Okamid3n

I'm with liquid on that one. If you think remotely long term, rolling this machine in any capacity is a waste. If I made a new account, I'd definitely save my stones for something better. If menace would really help you that much, get a plain old echidna when the fire carnival is back in rotation or something.

This machine is just so awful that it doesn't even qualify as a trap for me.

Bladelaw

I'm with liquid on that one. If you think remotely long term, rolling this machine in any capacity is a waste. If I made a new account, I'd definitely save my stones for something better. If menace would really help you that much, get a plain old echidna when the fire carnival is back in rotation or something.

This machine is just so awful that it doesn't even qualify as a trap for me.

Echidna shows up in the christmas dungeon too.

I really wish Gunho would come up with some sort of account system. being able to play this on only one device really sucks. Best parts about FFBE and Crash Royale is being able to go from my tablet to my phone to my Emulator on one account.

went 1/38 for my skillups across all my attempts for akechi (I have 3 who need skilling), sanada (I have 4) and Tsubaki (4 who need skilling) tonight

ok.

Top Bottom