• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Weird seeing bladelaw pop up on my list of Ronove friends but useful when I need a friend lead to kotg grind!

If there was a way for me to send you one, I would.

I'm very glad both of my accounts pulled Acala. I had fun with her during the fixed team challenge and she's making me look at cards I hadn't considered before. For example, my alt pulled Ronove, but my alt is on a tiny burner phone so there's no way I'd be able to stand his play-style on it. But he's a green trash-clearer with a really short cooldown, so he's probably going on my alt's Acala team.

If only I'd been better stocked with evo mats before going into this fest. I really want to give the team a try, but there's so much on it that isn't evolved yet, including Acala.

evo guerrilla tomorrow! I have my list of things needed for Myr.

W-00

Yeah, but it's the 99 stamina rare evo rush, isn't it? Only the first floor would have anything of use to me (dragon fruit and mystic mask), I mean, sure, I'll give it a couple tries in coop because both accounts could use those, but I'm mostly missing dub-*lits and keepers.

b33r

Yeah, but it's the 99 stamina rare evo rush, isn't it? Only the first floor would have anything of use to me (dragon fruit and mystic mask), I mean, sure, I'll give it a couple tries in coop because both accounts could use those, but I'm mostly missing dub-*lits and keepers.

You can get dub lits in the higher normal dungeons, KoG and the few below it. Can get the 5 regular keepers in mystic stone Dragon cave dungeons. Drop rate on keepers is pretty good, dub lits you have to be lucky.

You might have already known this, but a heads up in case. I am impatient and use these methods probably far too often.

I think the evo guerrilla is both Beautiful Evolution (99) and Evo Materials Unite! (35) but they appear at the same time as separate dungeons and PADx only lists the more difficult dungeon. I think they do the same for STTD/one of the other guerrillas.

Regardless I've found that farming specific dublits is maddening.

Bladelaw

Weird seeing bladelaw pop up on my list of Ronove friends but useful when I need a friend lead to kotg grind!

I'm loving this team. I'm still working out inherits. Currently I'm running Indra on Vishnu to tank Kali's first hit and wee jas on Rozuel for a guaranteed bind clear and/or delay. Not sure if I should inherit anything on Kaede/rag drag though.

I'm off work for the rest of the year so I figured now would be a great time to start a second account so I can eventually to coop with myself. Plus with the PCGF going on I have a shot at some really good stuff right off the bat.

Got Eschamali from my free roll and then powered through enough normals to do 3 more pulls and got Ra x2 and Wukong!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm off work for the rest of the year so I figured now would be a great time to start a second account so I can eventually to coop with myself. Plus with the PCGF going on I have a shot at some really good stuff right off the bat.

Got Eschamali from my free roll and then powered through enough normals to do 3 more pulls and got Ra x2 and Wukong!

Delete your account and reroll until you get Krishna.

edit: if your main doesn't have Krishna, delete it as well and reroll until you have Krishna on both.

Delete your account and reroll until you get Krishna.

edit: if your main doesn't have Krishna, delete it as well and reroll until you have Krishna on both.
My main has Krishna and fuuuuck is that a great card. I actually did consider restarting the new one for an actual lead starter but figured pressing my luck would only lead to sadness. Actual high end co op is a long way away and I'm sure I'll get some decent stuff in the coming months to build to a usable team. For now it'll be handy just to get my main into expensive dungeons for half stamina and then DC to continue solo.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
what are good krishnallah subs I have max skilled tsubaki saria ilm is that enough?

Urd > Sanada is the best wombo combo burst boards, and I happen to have both on my main (neither on my alt sadly). Aside from that, literally any red orb makers with low cooldowns work. You could run a Krishna team with farmable red orb changers like phoenix knight and Gigas and crush with it.

Some of the subs I'm using between my 2 accts:
Uriel: red + heal orb maker
Ame no Uzume, active bind clear, literally just saved my ass in the no awakening challenge dungeon
Red Valk, 5 turn heart breaker
Laila, gauranteed row or 2 fire matches
Leilan, easy to get trolled with her board change, but it's got haste and usually I can fix it with Laila
Gadius, good board changer combined with R.Valk's short cd heartbreaker, plus he's my alt's soft bind clear.

I've got some other options I could use, like Belial to help fix Leilan boards, but he's fucking impossible to skill up and has an idiotic 17 turn cd at level 1. It's actually so hard to fuck up a Krishna team. He is such a powerful leader and so easy to use. Most of my shit isn't even max skilled. Doesn't even matter when it's so easy to stall with 75k HP and enough RCV to max heal off 2 heart combos.

edit: unrelated to Krishna, the "Py Dungeon of a Lifetime" that you get from these challenge dungeons, is there a page for them at PADx someone can link me? I'd like to see what it is before I use one to run it. I have a bunch of them banked up and would love for a way to farm some Piis out of them.
My main has Krishna and fuuuuck is that a great card. I actually did consider restarting the new one for an actual lead starter but figured pressing my luck would only lead to sadness. Actual high end co op is a long way away and I'm sure I'll get some decent stuff in the coming months to build to a usable team. For now it'll be handy just to get my main into expensive dungeons for half stamina and then DC to continue solo.

Man you got a full day left to roll. What are you going to do with Eschmali, Wu Kong and some lame ass buttons? You can farm buttons and neither of those other cards lead. If you've got Our Lord and Savior Krishounen on your main reroll that shit until you get him on your alt so you don't have to chase a compatible leader later. Take the advice of someone who just ended like 4 months of trash tier self co-op with barely compatible leaders until I just hit the jackpot.

Man you got a full day left to roll. What are you going to do with Eschmali, Wu Kong and some lame ass buttons? You can farm buttons and neither of those other cards lead. If you've got Our Lord and Savior Krishounen on your main reroll that shit until you get him on your alt so you don't have to chase a compatible leader later. Take the advice of someone who just ended like 4 months of trash tier self co-op with barely compatible leaders until I just hit the jackpot.
I appreciate the concern but I already BF'd my alt so I'm committed at this point. Also the account is on my wife's Kindle so I won't be able to play whenever I want to until I get a new phone, which is years away.

EDIT: Ok, I am officially the luckiest PAD player I know. Based on what just happened I fully expect to hit a string of silvers unlike anyone has ever seen and I seriously won't even be mad. So I finish clearing another 5 normals and roll the REM. Silver trash, Water Dragon Swordsman. Then I remember that I have the 10 stone pack for $5 available since new account so I buy it and head back to the REM.

Gold egg pops out....

Fucking. Krishna.

the "Py Dungeon of a Lifetime" that you get from these challenge dungeons, is there a page for them at PADx someone can link me? I'd like to see what it is before I use one to run it. I have a bunch of them banked up and would love for a way to farm some Piis out of them.
It's a pii version of the Jewel gift dungeon. When you activate it the dungeon is up for 24 hours or until you complete it. When you enter, a random pii is there and if it's not the color you want you can exit and enter again. Basically GungHo is giving you the chance to get the exact piis you need at the expense of stamina for challenges instead of 1 of each color.

LiQuid!

Found myself with 5 more stones on my main somehow so I did another pull and got Panda! Don't have the best team for her on that acct tbh, but it's yet another leader that gives me some team synergy with my alt. I went from having literally zero leaders in common between my accounts to having 3. Our Godfest is an awesome Godfest.

Think I'll try and get a couple more stones on my alt for one final pull later today since I'm pretty much guaranteed to get a Liu Bei at this rate.

b33r

I also got to 5 with the free stone today. Pulled a dupe dqxq. What is the best way to uvo a dupe? Another awoken, or is one of the other uvos better?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got one more stone today for a final pull - Scheat. YES. The blue Gachagods were nice to me lol.

I wanted her ever since she got announced and that will be another upgrade for my YY team. Now if only could get Skuld and Hermes.

Just hope her skill up material will go back to blue Masks/Fruits again in the future - i have plenty of them...especially fruits.

fek

Got Hatsume on my free Christmas roll so won't even need to pull the gacha, nice. My alt got Pollux & Castor.

Okamid3n

I only rolled twice in this machine overall, with Sanada being the thing I wanted most out of the non-GFE 6-stars.

Rolled Sanada.

My box is so disgustingly good for an almost completely non-iap.

b33r

I would use a dupe as DQ on a Myr team. It's nice to have a bind clear awakening on the team.

That's what I was thinking too. Will go that route.

I successfully farmed arena 1 three times in a row with dark Kanna team today, so I decided to try and tackle arena 2. First run I died on Vishnu, second run was a success. Being able to burst through the predras with facet is nice since I don't have to bring that utility with me. And there is no reason to ever run that dungeon again :)

I really love dark Kanna, my favorite team at the moment. I know she is able to do arena 3 as well, but I'll wait until the stamina is halved before I try and beat it.

hermit7

Did a final few rolls in pcgf. I know it is a trap.

Got Akechi (second from this gf). Hadn't had one so it seems good. Will level and skill and throw it on Gremory.

Also rolled Acala. Seems good, but I lack any eggs for green teams so that is going to be less useful. (Especially when the radra uevo comes out. ).

For cross leads how do people deal with various combo shields? With other teams 6 combos are normal without much effort to fully proc (Sara etc) but with crosses I find it increasingly challenging without a board changer.

Did a final few rolls in pcgf. I know it is a trap.

Got Akechi (second from this gf). Hadn't had one so it seems good. Will level and skill and throw it on Gremory.

Also rolled Acala. Seems good, but I lack any eggs for green teams so that is going to be less useful. (Especially when the radra uevo comes out. ).

For cross leads how do people deal with various combo shields? With other teams 6 combos are normal without much effort to fully proc (Sara etc) but with crosses I find it increasingly challenging without a board changer.

There's some optimal boards you can look up online. I think they're on Setsu or Mantastic's blog. I can search for them if you can't find them. Basically you look at how many hearts and light orbs (or whatever color your attack is) and you find the best board. I don't use them much, but they're really helpful to study to just see how they work.

b33r

Yeah it can be difficult for higher combo shields with heart cross leads, luckily they are very tanky. I usually put a heart cross in one of the corners and have a cascade on the wall side and then combo the rest of the board as best as I can. Can take a few tries on the 5 combo shields for me.

LiQuid!

Since I'm plowing thru content with my Krishnas so hard I got enough stones for another pull on each acct.

Main: Dark Dragon Swordsman, crap + dupe

Alt: Andromeda, neat

I'm finally done. All stones I earn for the next few months are going to box space until I have a comfortable few hundred surplus so I can start hoarding mats like my ocd brain wants to.

PCGF final grade: A++++++++++

Sorry to everybody who rolled garbo this weekend but Gung Ho is literally paying me to play their game.

W-00

You can get dub lits in the higher normal dungeons, KoG and the few below it. Can get the 5 regular keepers in mystic stone Dragon cave dungeons. Drop rate on keepers is pretty good, dub lits you have to be lucky.

You might have already known this, but a heads up in case. I am impatient and use these methods probably far too often.

I must have known on some level, since I'd cleared Mystic Stone Dragon Cave, but it wasn't something that stuck with me. Having farmed it a bit, I'd dispute the drop rate being pretty good, but it was still enough for me to evolve a few things. Thanks.

I'm finally done. All stones I earn for the next few months are going to box space until I have a comfortable few hundred surplus so I can start hoarding mats like my ocd brain wants to.

Careful, you might regret it if you spend those stones before the Heroine REM gets here. It should be coming pretty soon (I'd guess ~mid-January), and it has some very tempting cards in it.

yeah screw a 10-stone REM, I'll just wait for a good pantheon I want.

Or wedding REM, apparently a bunch of the wedding cards are really good for teams I use.

LiQuid!

Yeah, I just looked at the waifu rem and some nice stuff in there but looks like a lot of gimmickry and the type of stuff that long term players that own all the pantheon stuff would want.

b33r

Meri from the heroine rem is the best farm lead I've ever used. I'll try to roll for her in NA and likely fail. She can pair with the new Neptune Dragon too, that's how I farm arena in JP now, it's really fast.

Jaggy

Anyone still looking for a BF triangle?
Kaede in slot one, others rotate between myr, panda, d kanna, krishna hypered, then other stuff like bacetet, revo shiva, and radra whenever it comes back around.

W-00

Meri from the heroine rem is the best farm lead I've ever used. I'll try to roll for her in NA and likely fail. She can pair with the new Neptune Dragon too, that's how I farm arena in JP now, it's really fast.

Yeah, and she's only a... *Checks for accuracy* SIX STAR?! I thought she was a surprisingly generous five-star! Ugh, that means that even with the six rolls I have ready on my main there's basically zero chance of drawing her.

What to do... Do I save the stones in the vain hope of getting her, or do I blow a bunch of them in the hope of getting Krishna on my main?

Kaede in slot one, others rotate between myr, panda, d kanna, krishna hypered, then other stuff like bacetet, revo shiva, and radra whenever it comes back around.

My alt has a hypermaxed Kaede in slot 1 and primarily uses Lu Bu. Slot 2 currently contains its new Acala, and it also has a brand-new Krishna that it will be using once the team is ready.

b33r

Yeah I know, 6 stars suck to roll for. But there is a lot of nice cards in that rem and they are getting uvos in February. I liked every cards I got except for one of the water ones I got.

Bladelaw

Oh hey on that note can you link me an Android app for the latest JP build? I can't find one and I forgot where I got the last version.

b33r

Oh hey on that note can you link me an Android app for the latest JP build? I can't find one and I forgot where I got the last version.

It's not in the app store, but Google qooapp. It updates Japanese apps like the play store would. It has made updates for pad and radar painless.

J0dy77

Going back to my points about reincarnated Shiva...

I decided to practice arena with him and multiple team comps over the weekend. Just got finished clearing my fifth in a row. The only potential risk I've had all weekend has been Sopdet because she's bs, 3 combos does nothing, 4 is good, 5 heals her back. It's just nonsense. The other potential risk was the Kali's and making sure I had enough damage. This last run I put in set and had a friend with TPA boost for two turns. Hit 17 million on each Shiva with only 6 combos.

The only problem I'm finding is a huge burst skill combo for the really big damage. Using a full board change makes it hard to still make tpa and get 7 combos.

I'm inheriting susano on my Shiva but it's hardly even needed. Team is so explosive, jump on the train.

Here's what I've settled in as my best team:

ma5GGx2.jpg

Kwhit10

Yeah, and she's only a... *Checks for accuracy* SIX STAR?! I thought she was a surprisingly generous five-star! Ugh, that means that even with the six rolls I have ready on my main there's basically zero chance of drawing her.

What to do... Do I save the stones in the vain hope of getting her, or do I blow a bunch of them in the hope of getting Krishna on my main?

My alt has a hypermaxed Kaede in slot 1 and primarily uses Lu Bu. Slot 2 currently contains its new Acala, and it also has a brand-new Krishna that it will be using once the team is ready.

I have Krishna in my BF slot If you need a third. I use ra dragon in slot 1, also use awoken Izinagi a lot paired with myr (for better rcv).

J0dy77

are you healing sopdet off of a regular match of fires or a prong? Try messing with one or the other and see if you can find more safe zones to be in.

Just a normal three orb match, prongs id have no chance. I might try messing with TPA non fire sub attribute. See if I can cheese her that way. But it's hard to match that high and avoid all fire.

chrono01

I rarely play this game, but do log in for free stones. I did 7x pulls:

- Andromeda
- Castor
- Gremory
- Shadow Dragon Knight
- Thanatos (Dupe)
- Loki (Dupe)
- Hattori Hanzo (Dupe)

6x Gold Eggs, 1x Silver Eggs. Three dupes. Not sure if any of these are amazing, but (I think) I've heard decent things about Gremory.

b33r

Going back to my points about reincarnated Shiva...

I decided to practice arena with him and multiple team comps over the weekend. Just got finished clearing my fifth in a row. The only potential risk I've had all weekend has been Sopdet because she's bs, 3 combos does nothing, 4 is good, 5 heals her back. It's just nonsense. The other potential risk was the Kali's and making sure I had enough damage. This last run I put in set and had a friend with TPA boost for two turns. Hit 17 million on each Shiva with only 6 combos.

The only problem I'm finding is a huge burst skill combo for the really big damage. Using a full board change makes it hard to still make tpa and get 7 combos.

I'm inheriting susano on my Shiva but it's hardly even needed. Team is so explosive, jump on the train.

Here's what I've settled in as my best team:

ma5GGx2.jpg

I will make him eventually, for stats and for fun. But it won't replace my dark Kanna team for arena. With the hp badge my team has over 71k hp, 90% of floors can be killed with a dark prong and 5+ combos. Sopdet and Parvati are non issues due to her smaller non 5+ combo multiplier, just match 3 darks and don't 5+ combo. It can take a couple turns to heal to full from a gravity, but it's much more consistent than my Anaphon or Myr teams.

That being said, I really want to play around with reshiva as combo leads are my favorite, but I undid my awoken awhile back for the god typing and killer awakening, so I'm just not looking forward to awakening him and reincarnating him. I'll get to it eventually.

dimension dragons are coming back ;___________________;

time to skill up my other 4 tsubakis, my other sumire, and hoard another 40 dragons for the Kaede that will surely come at some point

W-00

Yeah I know, 6 stars suck to roll for. But there is a lot of nice cards in that rem and they are getting uvos in February. I liked every cards I got except for one of the water ones I got.

Yeah, okay, save the stones. Except... It's not like a roll now is equivalent to a roll in that Heroin REM. It's only half a roll. Who's to say that I won't have five extra stones when the REM comes around? Then I'd have wasted an opportunity at Krishna... Yes, I should make one more roll now, and if I'm five or fewer stones away from a roll in the Heroine REM, I'll just buy them!

It's a gold egg! Come on, Krishna!

Alnair.

Hell.

I have Krishna in my BF slot If you need a third. I use ra dragon in slot 1, also use awoken Izinagi a lot paired with myr (for better rcv).

I'm okay with that setup, but I should mention that my alt's Krishna will probably be up pretty rarely. Kaede isn't moving from slot 1, and Acala is in slot 2 for my main to use it. So Krishna would strictly be in the active slot, and only then when that account is soloing something (because my main can't coop with a fire team).

My alt will be pleased to be able to skill its Sumire, at least.

b33r

Haha, trust me I know. Krishna is a dream for me. My fire box is stacked due to my first hypered teams being, Urd, awoken Shiva, and Shiva Dragon. My dark box is stronger now due to Anaphon and dark Kanna. Heck, even my light box is better now with my Myr team. But I want Krishna so bad, almost 2 years now and never pulled one...

jiggle

I still dont know what happened to my main account's Krishna
I knew I had 3 across 2 accounts
But there is only 1 now after I recovered the account
Did I sell them?
So bummed

LiQuid!

time to skill up my other 4 tsubakis, my other sumire, and hoard another 40 dragons for the Kaede that will surely come at some point

Glad I saved my woodpys. Got a Sumire and 2 Kaedes ready for skill ups!

I beat all of the challenge dungeons except for the last one (fixed team) which sadly I don't have enough stamina to attempt with an hour left til the switch over. Not too torn up about it since I heard people were having problems with it, but it would have been nice to have my first full challenge clear after previously barely being able to clear past the 4th or 5th one.

LiQuid!

Why? You don't neeeed to skill up Krishna tbh. I mean, you do... But like, you don't need to. If your friend's Krishna is skilled up that's pretty much enough for most stuff.

Christmas REM: 2 free rolls were both silver, naturally. Lillith and Ars Paulina. Xmas Lillith has Naga's skill, only it's inheritable cause it's REM, right? If so that's cool cause I'll have an inheritable delay on my main finally.

Watching Dzy throw stones away on this shit event REM and getting garbo pull after garbo pull, reinforcing my stance: Event REM. Not even once.

Why? You don't neeeed to skill up Krishna tbh. I mean, you do... But like, you don't need to. If your friend's Krishna is skilled up that's pretty much enough for most stuff.

Christmas REM: 2 free rolls were both silver, naturally. Lillith and Ars Paulina. Xmas Lillith has Naga's skill, only it's inheritable cause it's REM, right? If so that's cool cause I'll have an inheritable delay on my main finally.

Watching Dzy throw stones away on this shit event REM and getting garbo pull after garbo pull, reinforcing my stance: Event REM. Not even once.
Nope, because it's only 4*. I have it too and it's lame. Maybe it'll get an evo someday.

I got Freyja and Sakuya. Both gold but neither seem useful.

LiQuid!

You know what? Holy shit, actually. Imagine spending $5 USD on a pull from that machine and getting a trash silver that you literally can't do anything useful with? And I just watched Dzy pull like a dozen of those. Sometimes I think Gung Ho's lost their god damned minds.

You know what? Holy shit, actually. Imagine spending $5 USD on a pull from that machine and getting a trash silver that you literally can't do anything useful with? And I just watched Dzy pull like a dozen of those. Sometimes I think Gung Ho's lost their god damned minds.
I'm watching him too and found that part. Ugh man, just ugh. Most brutal pulls I've ever seen.

Top Bottom