• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Got a mini pack because I never learn
Dill Sirius
Dark dragon swordsman
Parvati
Cursed Dragon
Krishna
Chiyome
Isis
Persephone

And finally a GFE
RONOVE

Time to get this shit off the ground.
Team is pretty cookie cutter (Vishnu over second Kaede due to missing the second kaede)

Ronove, rag drag, Kaede, Vishnu, Rozuel

Okamid3n

What are some good cards to cover blue or green for Ra Dragon if you don't have Isis? I Have two DKalis and got all the mats for the ult Ra Dragon ready to go + lightning inherit, but...I haven't even bothered thinking about the other subs. I don't have a Kanna either, so I don't need to cover both blue and green in one card.

Also don't have Susano/Indra, but I don't know if people use shields anymore. I can always inherit Raphael if I need a shield.

I was thinking Reincarnated Ra could be a nice unbindable base to cover green, with those huge stats and two time extends.

Not spending stones (again). Discipline is nice. :3

Smart plan.

What are some good cards to cover blue or green for Ra Dragon if you don't have isis? I Have two DKalis and got all the mats for the ult ra ready to go + lightning inherit, but...I haven't even bothered thinking about the subs. I don't have a Kanna either, so I don't need to cover both blue and green in one card.
For A2 I switched out Isis for re:Ra and Khepri, keeping the team completely unbindable. A risky potential sub is Muse who shares A.Isis colors and fills a similar role as Kanna, but has no bind protection.

Bladelaw

What are some good cards to cover blue or green for Ra Dragon if you don't have Isis? I Have two DKalis and got all the mats for the ult Ra Dragon ready to go + lightning inherit, but...I haven't even bothered thinking about the other subs. I don't have a Kanna either, so I don't need to cover both blue and green in one card.

Also don't have Susano/Indra, but I don't know if people use shields anymore. I can always inherit Raphael if I need a shield.

I was thinking Reincarnated Ra could be a nice unbindable base to cover green, with those huge stats and two time extends.

Smart plan.
You generally don't need a shield for UEvo Ra Dragon unless you're aiming for Arena 3
Awoken Orochi covers colors, lmeta gives you blue unbindable and Parvati covers green. Both have low cool downs so you can inherit something better. Rozuel covers blue too. Grodin can be a niche choice if folklore or Linthia is on the table.

Okamid3n

Oh, I like that Khepri idea. I max skilled one with no real use, but another unbindable time extend sub sounds useful.

Orochi works to cover both colors, but he's not god type and he's bindable. Muse also works, but the stats, awakening and being bindable sucks.

I'm thinking of using ReRa with Orochi inherit + Khepri with Sheen inherit for massive bursting.

hermit7

Few rolls today in the pcgf

Only notable ones were Akechi
Dantalion
Dupe sun wokung
Dark mechgod 2.0. I don't know it's actual name.

Kind of a wash, pulled a number of silvers. That will be about all I roll doesn't seem that great, though I am happy about akechi, didn't have one and dantalion seems sweet.

Oh, I like that Khepri idea. I max skilled one with no real use, but another unbindable time extend sub sounds useful.

Orochi works to cover both colors, but he's not god type and he's bindable. Muse also works, but the stats, awakening and being bindable sucks.

I'm thinking of using ReRa with Orochi inherit + Khepri with Sheen inherit for massive bursting.
Put Orochi on Khepri instead for the assist stat bonus. Otherwise your inherit setup is similar to mine. There's an A3 solo team comp where you'd be better off putting Sheen on a DKali, but I'm not familiar with the exact build and skill order management.

divusrex

The PAD gods have answered my prayers. The first roll was Rozuel. The card I voted for and the only missing piece to my perfect Ronove team. The 2 rolls after her were troll golds (Zweihander and Leonis).

I'm probably going to stop rolling and save stones for the Heroine REM. The only reasons I would continue to roll would be to try and land a dupe Akechi, my first Sanada, or Krishna.

W-00

I decided that I really wanted Krishna on my main, so I rolled three more times.

Andromeda (Off to a good start!)
Valen (I know he's decent in coop, but my main has no fire lead, so...)
RValk (oookay)

At least Andromeda should be useful. Between my alt and my main, that's 18 golds (albeit some of them trolls) and 0 silvers in what others are calling a silverfest. I should probably stop while I'm ahead.

Yeah looking at it more closely I'm actually really happy I got an andromeda, she seems like a swiss army knife for a lot of water teams.

Congrats on the Ronald Blade, he took me from Legend-tier to clearing all but the toughest stuff in the game, all with no inherets and an "imperfect" team

Also helped me deal with other styles more easily, as it feels like I have a LOT of time and board freedom when playing Ilm/Sarasvati/Vishnu/Tsubaki and don't have to spend a lot of time and board space making a cross to activate.

J0dy77

Seems like Reincarnated Shiva is really being overlooked with all of the Ilm and Minerva hype. Any reason why more people aren't running him? The teams damage output is absolutely disgusting. I'm consistently hitting 7 million plus damage without any activations and basic combo making. The only issue I see is the survivability on the team that can be fixed with some inheritance on both Shiva. This might be my go to farm team for A1, have to test it out.

Aesnath

Seems like Reincarnated Shiva is really being overlooked with all of the Ilm and Minerva hype. Any reason why more people aren't running him? The teams damage output is absolutely disgusting. I'm consistently hitting 7 million plus damage without any activations and basic combo making. The only issue I see is the survivability on the team that can be fixed with some inheritance on both Shiva. This might be my go to farm team for A1, have to test it out.

My daughter drew one, so we looked at it for a while. My take was survivability is a real concern. I've had similar problems with Tsubaki and DD Cecil. All the damage in the world won't save you from big numbers, and they've been setting things up to be sort of unavoidable at times. By no means is Shiva bad, but he seems less impressive compared to something like R.Minerva/Ilm, where you have some surviability plus a higher potential multiplier. Just my take.

I reincarnated my Shiva minutes after the update, but I haven't leveled him back up or used him because

a) my fire box is very underdeveloped
b) I don't want to blow my Pys and snow globes on him
but mostly
c) maybe one of my 110 friends runs him, and even then only rarely

I see a lot of Krishnas, Myrs, Lakshmis, and the occasional Minerva or two but no Shivas. Also I might be hanging out in the wrong Discord farming channels but his name never pops up so I assume people don't prioritize him in favor of more popular co-op leads.

He was also overlooked in JP at first, but now there's a healthy number of people running him. Just gotta give people time to catch up

Bladelaw

Yeah looking at it more closely I'm actually really happy I got an andromeda, she seems like a swiss army knife for a lot of water teams.

Congrats on the Ronald Blade, he took me from Legend-tier to clearing all but the toughest stuff in the game, all with no inherets and an "imperfect" team

Also helped me deal with other styles more easily, as it feels like I have a LOT of time and board freedom when playing Ilm/Sarasvati/Vishnu/Tsubaki and don't have to spend a lot of time and board space making a cross to activate.
Thanks! Just need to max skill him and Roz and I'll be set. The team is super fun to play.

If you run Valen or Napoleon his team is super capable. I'd run him if I didn't have better options.

11 rolls only with only 1 silver. No 6* but I have 40 stones left. Might get the itch to roll more.

Isis x2 - Both dupes
Dark Blade Brave
Red Riding Hood - Inherit for Myr but I already have others from this group
Castor - Dupe
Krishna - !!!!!!! :D
Dragon Rider - Dupe
Undine - Handy inherit to have I guess.
Yomi - Not unhappy but not sure what use she is.
Rozuel - Dupe
Andromeda - !!!!!! :D

EDIT: Rolled two more to scratch that 6* itch. Got 1 silver and then Ilm. Now I'm done. I hope, haha.

Taz

Best God fest Eva!!!!11!!11

Never ever had any luck with these and today it all changed,

Andromedale x2 (meh)

Green Swordman (super meh)

Isis (!!!)

Krishna (!!!!)

Sherias Roots (!!!!!!!!)

Not bad for 6 pulls lol

yas get on that ilm train it's a fun ride, you probably already have some good subs for it if Thoria is your bread and butter
I have Re Minerva too so I can run the that team with either friend leader or maybe I'll make the sub version of Ilm and use her with my Minerva as lead with friend Ilm.

Bladelaw

Ok I know it's not new info but holy hell is Ronove strong. Myr has prepped me well to run this badass.

What are people using for inherits/latents on the team? I still need to max skill Roz. hopefully I can actually get red caps (not something I'd ever ask for prior). If anyone wants to run any of the Alt techs he spawns in let me know, otherwise I'm running it with my alt.

I need two more roz skillups although 7 turns has never been an issue with hastes and every card making hearts.

I'm out all night if you don't want to wait but I should be free tomorrow most of the day.

damisa

Rolled 10 times:
Viper Orochi#2
Krishna#3
Dragonette bleh
Red Riding Hood#2
Exa Hydra#2
Krishna#4
Thanatos#lost count
Ilm
Red Riding Hood#3
Ronove

Ilm and Ronove are good right?

Low tier trash
u jelly

Cz2jqM9WEAAEgk5.jpg
Arena 2 cleared. Got incredibly lucky on the last couple of floors with super easy spawns, just had to perform on Kali herself over the course of two turns.

Inherits are (in order) Maeda, Orochi, Shroots, Maeda. Still haven't decided who I want to put on the other two monsters.

NineH

Told myself I'll roll in this trapfest until silver because I just know I'll get lucky.

Strawberry Dragon
Strawberry Dragon
Grape Dragon
Genie

Merry Fucking Christmas Gung Ho.

I promptly sold that trash so I don't have to be reminded of the waste of stones.

Bladelaw

I need two more roz skillups although 7 turns has never been an issue with hastes and every card making hearts.

I'm out all night if you don't want to wait but I should be free tomorrow most of the day.

I managed to do it with my alt. Lots of lucky drops and I went 5/7 for skill ups.

Ducarmel

Pulled until I got a featured pcgf on my main

dragon rider
sleeping beauty
vitra
Acala

Glad I got Acala I can make a brute force team, just need to figure out what utility cards i can use for gimmicks

I pulled 9x on my alt and will pull the rest tomorrow maybe

DQXQ
Shaitan
Paimon
Red Chester
Ilm
durga
Krishna
Sanada
GrimRock

I guess I need to get Myr on my alt and Krishna team going.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My main's Krishna is complete except for skillups. Really wishing I had him 2 weeks ago when I did all that farming skillups for my alt. Now I gotta wait for RID to come back. Damn it.

Bladelaw

My main's Krishna is complete except for skillups. Really wishing I had him 2 weeks ago when I did all that farming skillups for my alt. Now I gotta wait for RID to come back. Damn it.

I understand, I need to wait for Ronove's skill up mat to be something less useful than Green Jewels. We'll see how long that takes.

I'm still holding on to the Py gift dungeons for completing this challenge set so I'm not sure if I should use them to put another dent in Mathena's skill ups, finish skilling up Noctis, or max skill Ronove. I'm leaning toward Mathena since Ron's skill ups will eventually be manageable and while Noctis' skill is useful it's far from crucial to the team. Mathena on the other hand is a pain in the ass to farm and requires a shitload of skillups. Max skilling her means I can inherit much needed arena utility on her and still be able to use her enhance for the kali board at the end.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Decided to clean up some one shot Technical dungeons for a couple more stones for one final PCGF pull for each acct. It's like nuclear warfare against a third world country. Just matching 6 reds basically levels any trash floor and even matching badly when you've got a 3 combo with a row or a prong mixed in there, fuckin forget about it. Stupid hero. This makes me so happy. He seems very active reliant, so I might struggle in longer dungeons but I think if I pick my spots to stall I should be fine to start clearing almost anything coopin with myself. Still a bit worried about lack of fingers tho tbh.

Oh, anyways my final PCGF pulls were pretty wack. Alt got a Dragon Samurai (BARF!) and my main got a Lumiel which I don't have a use for, but any pantheon non-dupe is a win for me. Still kinda wish I'd bought box space with the 10 stones instead tho. I gotta evolve more of these new pulls just to clear mats out of my boxes they are getting out of hand.

LiQuid!

kQAR07H.png

Actually never mind. Fuck PAD. I'm deleting this shit game SORRY MOBLIN

^ yes damage absorb just isn't fun or good game design I hate it

Yesterday I turned my Liu Bei into ALB and even though it's not a big deal to most who have had it since release it's very nice to not have to sheepishly join a co-op room with Perseus and hope they accept me. Also I'll be able to carry others who were in the same situation I was in, which is great.

Blew all my stones and there was a lot of trash, but also:
-Ra #2, which is great for buttoning
-Dantalion, which I don't know what to do with. Good Krishna/Tsubaki sub I hope.
-Dill Sirius ???? Never heard of this card
-Pandora, who if I understand correctly isn't a top-tier lead anymore but still has use as a sub
-Hamal, never heard of it but looks maybe ok as a dark sub?
-Oda Nobunaga, why is this 6*?
-Viper Orochi, idk if 4 TPAs are worth evolving him
-Ronald #3 and #4, will save for the fusion thing
-DQXQ which I wanted for Myr :)
-Hades, seems like trash, I don't really use gravities
-Chiyome, seems weak but maybe mono fire sub?
-Haku, apparently this card is good
-Goetia x2, I'm pretty sure this is trash
-DKali #3
-Gryps, funky active
-Laila, doesn't look good
-Lumiel, ok?
-Acala #2
-Akechi #2

I might sell the mech dragons etc. for MP. And with that I'm done whaling for now. With Myr happening soon and enough different cards to mess around with I should be good for a few meta changes, hopefully. Also near 300k MP so I should have some more options.

LiQuid!

You have an elite dark/demon row team now with Panda Oda and Akechi. But you already have ALB, so I guess it's pointless to put it together.

Also you don't evolve Orochi for TPAs, you evolve him for his inherit. You can pick between either 5 turn delay on 20 turn timer, or 4 turn delay on 15 turn timer.

oh

well I guess the 5 turn delay is easier to skill up

I really want to get my krishna going. Also I just beat Myth+ Nordis with Ilm which was surprisingly easy despite me being scared beforehand.

W-00

Echoing Liquid, Moblin, you have the makings of an excellent dark devil team. Pandora's not the top of the meta anymore, but she's still an excellent lead, and from my understanding Oda Nobunaga is basically a more offensively oriented version of her. Haku, Akechi, and the one not being used as a lead are all excellent subs for the one that is being used as a lead.

And I'd say that there is still a point to making that team, even with ALB. For one thing, it's a lot more fun that just buttoning through things.

As for Hades, even if you don't normally use gravities, there may be a time when you need one for a cheese team, and Hades has the best inheritable gravity in the game.

Also, this GF has me thinking about doing something I've never done before and buying a pack to roll on my main. It would really like Krishna, Acala, and any Myr subs.

Thanks for the advice.

I've already got an A.Persephone, two Zuohs, Lu Bu, and Loki along with two Castors I haven't used so I could probably slap something together. Breaking free of heart cross and exploring other styles was a lot of fun.

W-00

GAF, I did something irresponsible. I just bought a full pack on my main. It really wants Krishna/Acala/Myr subs, you see. I still shouldn't have done it, but I had a coupon for $3 off a $25 Google Play gift card, so really it only cost me $57. So now I have 17 new rolls, and I'm going to roll until I get them or run out of newly purchased stones.

Pandora #4
Thumbelina (my first silver of the fest)
GrimRock
Durga
Sun Wukong (Yes!)
Haku (Dupe, but my first dupe of her, so I'm still happy!)
Nepthys
Andromeda (Dupe, but i've seen team comps with two, so I'm okay with this)
Red Chester (dupe...)
Sylph
Shaitan
Acala (Woohoo!)
Hades (dupe)
Undine
Fire Dragon Swordsman
Goetia
DQXQ (dupe, but still good)

Well, even with all the trash, I got most of what I wanted. I guess my main just isn't meant to have a fire team.

W-00

I still have never pulled a Pandora...

If there was a way for me to send you one, I would.

I'm very glad both of my accounts pulled Acala. I had fun with her during the fixed team challenge and she's making me look at cards I hadn't considered before. For example, my alt pulled Ronove, but my alt is on a tiny burner phone so there's no way I'd be able to stand his play-style on it. But he's a green trash-clearer with a really short cooldown, so he's probably going on my alt's Acala team.

If only I'd been better stocked with evo mats before going into this fest. I really want to give the team a try, but there's so much on it that isn't evolved yet, including Acala.

b33r

If there was a way for me to send you one, I would.

Heh it's all good. I have 2 eschamalis, you would think I would have pulled at least one Pandora as well. I did get a Sanada this fest and that's one of the fire cards I really wanted.

Okamid3n

So, with skill delay resist invades seemingly a very frequent thing...

Worth just putting SDRs on every subs of my RaDra team? I aready have like 20 sdrs waiting.

I mean, I guess the killer awakenings and such will be pretty useful. But that's far away, and if I end up losing a few SDRs in the process of adding killer awakenings as needed, I don't mind; they're easy to farm now.

Top Bottom