• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

eh even with having the "perfect team" of 2 D.Kals/Isis/Kanna I looked at some videos and radra looks boring despite probably being at the tippy-top for a long while.

Maybe if I'm able to actually get the evo mats with D.Athena I'll make one but otherwise I'm just glad the whining can end (for now, about this).

Quantum

feels like old times - they never fixed the drop rate on the carnivals?

15 runs of the water carnival = 0 drops of the blue fairy at 2x drop rate.

*every* ramen blue bowl guy dropped to rub salt in the wound!

Bladelaw

I'm having fun with the new toy. My team:
Ra Dragon (Sherias Roots)
Dkali (Ichigo)
Dkali (Dkali)
Ariel (Facet)
Awoken Isis (Awoken Orochi)

Facet + full activation with a light prong is enough for Ariel to crack predra defense, 4 colors no prongs deals with Sopdet. 84k HP with badge. Unfortunately I'm ~50 team cost away from using the +2 second badge but it hasn't been much of a problem unless I totally derp a combo.

Verdandi buffs announced
stat boost (+200/+100/+20)
Machine Type added (Mathena sub hype!)
Leader Skill works out to a flat 4x HP (for fire type) 12.25x ATK (for wood type) 1x RCV and 2.25x ATK for every wood cross made on top of that.

Basically Acala with bad RCV and skyfall as a lead. With Machine typing though she becomes a solid Mathena sub. Not perfect (new balboa is probably her best sub behind Rag Dragon now) but definitely serviceable. She brings good stats, strong active, and useful awakenings to the team.

The flat HP and ATK boosts make her an even better starting roll than before too.

Kenshin and Saito Hajime ults were announced and shown
Kenshin completely changes tack
AS: 3x fire attack and increase fire sky fall for 1 turn
LS: 7x6 board. Increase attack with 2+ fire comboes up to 7x.
Awakenings: Drop 3rd fire enhance and 2 light enhance. Gain 1 sb, 1 tpa, and 1 "7 combo 2x"
This ult makes him a strong pairing with Krishna, Revo Shiva, Revo Minerva, maybe Ilm?

Saito:
AS: 200k dmg to one target, spawn 5 dark orbs
LS: No sky fall. 2x dark attribute atk and rcv. Match 6+ dark orbs to increase attack up to 8x
Awakenings: Drop last 3 dark enhances. Gain 3 dark rows.

He's a dark Meridionalis basically

I don't know how I feel about Awoken Kenshin. The 7x6 is huge and he can pair with some very strong leads but still has some detriments. 14 turn cooldown on his active means the 3x will be used once, maybe twice in arena, a 7x multiplier is really strong for a 7x6 lead. With Krishna he's 1.5x/47.25x/1.5x and hits even harder at 7 combos. With Revo Shiva he's 1x/49x/2x again hitting much harder at 7 combos, but he loses what I thought made him unique. His absurd damage granted has been eclipsed by Aizen for overall usability but even still building a Cross Kenshin team was really fun. The catch was you needed a bind clear and a shield to really survive Arena.

J0dy77

Need to get used to Ultra Chicken. I really missed the orb match meta, that was probably my favorite era of PAD when Horus and Kirin reigned supreme.

My only concern with my team so far is the damage boost. I was able to get to Mech Zeus on C10 but couldn't one shot, only got him to about 30% with Izanagi 2x buff. I'm seeing a lot of different inherits being used on the friends list. A lot of people running Indra for the shield or Muse for the 2.5x damage. I've got lightning on him for now but might switch it to Muse and use Lightning for the extra board change.

Ra Dragon out of nowhere? Hooray! About time!

The dream team:
Ra Dragon (Lightning), DKali (Ichigo), DKali (Ichigo), Isis (AOrochi), Kanna (Facet)

I need to crunch some numbers on this team. The last time I ran calculations I don't think I took Ichigo's new evolution or Revo Orochi inherits into account, so I might have enough health now to justify some dark resist latents vs Hera dragon. Probably not enough for a break point, but I definitely need to check. Will probably stack mostly SDRs with a few resists for 100% gravs.

Kenshin and Saito Hajime ults were announced and shown
Kenshin completely changes tack
AS: 3x fire attack and increase fire sky fall for 1 turn
LS: 7x6 board. Increase attack with 2+ fire comboes up to 7x.
Awakenings: Drop 3rd fire enhance and 2 light enhance. Gain 1 sb, 1 tpa, and 1 "7 combo 2x"
This ult makes him a strong pairing with Krishna, Revo Shiva, Revo Minerva, maybe Ilm?

Saito:
LS: No sky fall. 2x dark attribute atk and rcv. Match 6+ dark orbs to increase attack up to 8x

He's a dark Meridionalis basically

I don't know how I feel about Awoken Kenshin. The 7x6 is huge and he can pair with some very strong leads but still has some detriments. 14 turn cooldown on his active means the 3x will be used once, maybe twice in arena, a 7x multiplier is really strong for a 7x6 lead. With Krishna he's 1.5x/47.25x/1.5x and hits even harder at 7 combos. With Revo Shiva he's 1x/49x/2x again hitting much harder at 7 combos, but he loses what I thought made him unique. His absurd damage granted has been eclipsed by Aizen for overall usability but even still building a Cross Kenshin team was really fun. The catch was you needed a bind clear and a shield to really survive Arena.

Wow, these look great. Kenshin collab was the only collab I ever rolled in out of nostalgia, so it's nice to see I'll now be rewarded for it, lol. Saito looks amazing. Given how strong vanilla Kenshin is when paired with Ilmina, I'd be curious to see how his new form does paired with his old form. Would be a hard LS to activate, but on a 7x6 board I don't think it would be all that unreasonable. Krishna and Minerva seem really appealing as well. I dunno, I hope he pans out. He looks like he's been pushed a bit further than a lot of the other 7x6 cards.

Silent_Z

Saito:

His LS looks like the complement to Awoken Ichigo. Wonder if Ichigo's getting boosted to 2x base multiplier and going up to 8x on orbs to match.

b33r

His LS looks like the complement to Awoken Ichigo. Wonder if Ichigo's getting boosted to 2x base multiplier and going up to 8x on orbs to match.

Yeah awoken Ichigos main problem was rcv. He also doesn't need two of his actives. I'm excited to try this pairing, hope some of my friends have a Saito.

Bladelaw

Ra Dragon out of nowhere? Hooray! About time!

The dream team:
Ra Dragon (Lightning), DKali (Ichigo), DKali (Ichigo), Isis (AOrochi), Kanna (Facet)

I need to crunch some numbers on this team. The last time I ran calculations I don't think I took Ichigo's new evolution or Revo Orochi inherits into account, so I might have enough health now to justify some dark resist latents vs Hera dragon. Probably not enough for a break point, but I definitely need to check. Will probably stack mostly SDRs with a few resists for 100% gravs.

My latent plan is going to rely heavily on SDRs
Ra Dragon: HPx3, SDRx2
DKali: SDRx5
Isis: Rainbow resists (She's used elsewhere and this is a good compromise)
Ariel: SDRx5?

Not sure what I would need on Ariel. 5 SDR is probably the best but even after 2 Ra Dragon actives Facet still won't be up without some stalling if I hit Heph Dragon.

On a completely unrelated note:
Anyone want to farm SDR? I'm working on getting the Yamamoto speed farm team ready for action but I can use the classic or the "quick" ALB methods at the moment. I'm going to be home alone Saturday so I'm probably going to try and farm up all the SDR's I need at that point.

J0dy77

Not sure what I would need on Ariel. 5 SDR is probably the best but even after 2 Ra Dragon actives Facet still won't be up without some stalling if I hit Heph Dragon.

Anyone want to farm SDR? I'm working on getting the Yamamoto speed farm team ready for action but I can use the classic or the "quick" ALB methods at the moment. I'm going to be home alone Saturday so I'm probably going to try and farm up all the SDR's I need at that point.

I'm up for farming SDR and have Yamamoto or ALB... message me on discord tonight if you want to to run.

5 SDR is probably still best. Last time I checked, most significant hits are either so big that you can't do anything about them, or small enough for Ra Dragon to just shrug them off.

I'd also be interested in SDR farming. Is there any particular discord channel PADGAF hangs out in?

Bladelaw

I'm up for farming SDR and have Yamamoto or ALB... message me on discord tonight if you want to to run.

Will do. Yamamoto has no SDRs or plusses but the team is max leveled and skilled and I have most of the optimal inherits.

For reference the Yamamoto speed farm SDR team:
P1:
Yamamoto (Red board flood or row maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
Rodin

P2:
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Grodin)

Strategy:

FL1:
P1: Make row, kill

FL2:
P2: Make Row, kill

FL3:
P1: Poison, Make row, kill

FL4:
P2: Grodin, Make row, kill

FL5:

FL6:
P2: Flood with Red, make row(s), kill

If SDR invade occurs and you aren't protected use Tsubaki to haste up then Yamamoto next turn.

DK Tsubaki can be replaced by any red dragon killer so long as you have at least one (NY Yamato is a great replacement).
Rodin can be replaced by a poison inherited on Tengu (I think)

I have 3 max skilled DK Tsubakis and a NY Yamato so I can bring either side. I'd like to try it without plusses before I start investing. If it's not needed I'd rather save them for non-farm teams.

Valid Row Makers:
Chad (Bleach 4*)
Laila
Vaan (Changes bottom row to fire less chance of locked orbs screwing you up)
Thuban (Changes top row, more likely to be trolled by locked orbs but you work with what you have)

"Poverty" inherits:
Markab
Terra
Onion Knight
Dino Rider

Board floods
Ares (any form)
Awoken Cao Cao (given that there will be poisons)
Yamamoto himself

J0dy77

Will do. Yamamoto has no SDRs or plusses but the team is max leveled and skilled and I have most of the optimal inherits.

For reference the Yamamoto speed farm SDR team:
P1:
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
Rodin

P2:
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Row Maker)
DK Tsubaki (Grodin)

Strategy:

FL1:

FL2:
P2: Make Row, kill

FL3:
P1: Poison, Make row, kill

FL4:
P2: Grodin, Make row, kill

FL5:

FL6:
P2: Flood with Red, make row(s), kill

If SDR invade occurs and you aren't protected use Tsubaki to haste up then Yamamoto next turn.

DK Tsubaki can be replaced by any red dragon killer so long as you have at least one (NY Yamato is a great replacement).
Rodin can be replaced by a poison inherited on Tengu (I think)

I have 3 max skilled DK Tsubakis and a NY Yamato so I can bring either side. I'd like to try it without plusses before I start investing. If it's not needed I'd rather save them for non-farm teams.

Valid Row Makers:
Chad (Bleach 4*)
Laila
Vaan (Changes bottom row to fire less chance of locked orbs screwing you up)
Thuban (Changes top row, more likely to be trolled by locked orbs but you work with what you have)

"Poverty" inherits:
Markab
Terra
Onion Knight
Dino Rider

Board floods
Ares (any form)
Awoken Cao Cao (given that there will be poisons)
Yamamoto himself

I run Yamomoto, Awoken Ares, Leilan, Yamato and RRH primarily. Have a few others I can swap in. Team is Hypermaxed.

Bladelaw

I run Yamomoto, Awoken Ares, Leilan, Yamato and RRH primarily. Have a few others I can swap in. Team is Hypermaxed.

Want to try with you on P1 and me on P2? All you'd need to do is sub in a poison over RRH and we should be ok. You'd just need to burst hard on Gainaut. I should be on tonight once I get out of work. This is more of a fact finding expedition. If it turns out I can't 1 shot Z8 through his shield then I'll start throwing plusses at the team.

J0dy77

Want to try with you on P1 and me on P2? All you'd need to do is sub in a poison over RRH and we should be ok. You'd just need to burst hard on Gainaut. I should be on tonight once I get out of work. This is more of a fact finding expedition. If it turns out I can't 1 shot Z8 through his shield then I'll start throwing plusses at the team.

With Yamomoto you really don't need plusses, the team has so much damage output. I don't have a Rodin so Poison is going to be an issue unless I sub in a Lilith.

J0dy77

No rodin Tamazo?

Forgot about him, yeah that works. i'll see if I can level him. Might not be needed. I can at least drop the tamas on him.

hermit7

Finally was able to finish c10.

Didn't work well with Aizen, couldn't burst well enough with radra (no carat or kanna).

Did it with sarasvati.

Had a good board off my inherited haku, popped Sara for sky fall bonus and comboed well.

Finished with a one shot which made me happy. Now to finish up one shot. She might be best for that too. She is left behind a bit but is really good with 37k health with the hp bonus badge.

Jagernaut

Yeah awoken Ichigos main problem was rcv. He also doesn't need two of his actives. I'm excited to try this pairing, hope some of my friends have a Saito.

I have A Ichigo and Saito hypered, I'll add you if you aren't on my friends list already:

Static@GAF

I like the attack cross Saito but this new ult looks really good.

b33r

I have A Ichigo and Saito hypered, I'll add you if you aren't on my friends list already:

Static@GAF

I like the attack cross Saito but this new ult looks really good.

Sent you a request, Saito ult won't be here for awhile probably. I have Ichigo hypered, but don't have him up much. I can put him up if you need him though. This will change if that pairing becomes as strong as it sounds.

Jagernaut

Sent you a request, Saito ult won't be here for awhile probably. I have Ichigo hypered, but don't have him up much. I can put him up if you need him though. This will change if that pairing becomes as strong as it sounds.

That's fine, I pair Saito with Aizen now and it works.

Jagernaut

I have 2 D Kali (no Isis, Baldin, or Kanna) and got a Zeus dragon from one shot challenge but still haven't bought Ra Dragon. I prefer mono color or pure combo leads to matching all 5 colors and hearts. I don't like it when the colors are really far apart on the board.

Faabulous

Use Phoenix rider Valen as lead
Find a Yamamoto, red odin or awoken cao cao friend and best friend it.
Farm yourself 4 samurai ogres to keep. (Then farm 8 more. Feed 2 to each of the 4 keepers)
This gives you a set up of:
Valen: ogre, ogre, ogre, ogre : Yamamoto (or odin/cao cao)
Enough to get through many contents!

I cleared a slot on my friends list if you want to add it
I have a Yamamoto up
My ID: 346,049,324

My alt has Red Odin up(less damage but double HP)
354, 225,376

I'd suggest best friending Yamamoto over odin

Only ever do "Experience of a Lifetime" with a Ganesha friend!!

Thanks for the tips and the help!

The 4 samurai + Phoenix rider team has gotten me pretty far. I was able to beat the tech dungeon that unlocks challenge dungeons and stuff.

I'm working on leveling up my REM pulls so I can evo them when I can.

Is there any next step for this Samurai + Rider? Any good subs I can farm in place of the samurais?

Thanks for all the tips guys

jiggle

Thanks for the tips and the help!

The 4 samurai + Phoenix rider team has gotten me pretty far. I was able to beat the tech dungeon that unlocks challenge dungeons and stuff.

I'm working on leveling up my REM pulls so I can evo them when I can.

Is there any next step for this Samurai + Rider? Any good subs I can farm in place of the samurais?

Thanks for all the tips guys
Two notable farmables are
A Gigas
www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=984
And
puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=88
Not sure if they are worth the effort at this point(their drop rates suck in normal dungeons)

What will help you the most is to create a second account and start collecting those free stones even if you are not playing it

what going on in jp server?

Free stones/piis

didn't we already have that here?

iirc I did shameful, sinful things, things I regret, and for some reason my box has had 6 tsubakis and 4 verdandis for a while now

I guess I only really want a small handful of GFEs now so that kind of thing isn't super useful. I care more about gemstones and former GFEs that have been relegated to gala exclusive status.

J0dy77

So next jpn GF is 10 stones per pull
God fest exclusive guaranteed

That's something...

I think everyone finally caught on that PCGF was the biggest trap in the game and was a silver troll fest. I'd much rather have this opportunity. Knowing Gunho it probably be impossible to get 6* and you'll wind up with tons of dupes. :)

smbu2000

Wow, R.Haku can definitely put out some power if you get over 7 combos.

mGGV1Pg.jpg

YD/R.Haku/Hanzo/D.Athena/Escha/YD

I think I had 9 combos including like 2-3 dark skyfalls. I also had on 3x Attacker/Machine enhance (from Shinji/Kaworu EVA collab.), which is nice since R.Haku is now God/Healer/Attacker. I also have A.Haku as an assist on her.

Hanzo isn't a God type and was just there for his 3 dark resists (had another on my sub) for the dungeon.

My two pulls on the Heroine REM (the two free ones) haven't been too great. Main: dupe Sheena and dupe Mito
Sub: Dupe Mito and a new one Navi. She seems okay as card, but her skill is the same as Sherias. I might end up selling her for the 50k MP. Currently at over 600k MP on my sub. I'd like to get D.Athena on here as well.

Finally had Hanuman come around again (need him for A.Indra and then will change to R.Indra) and it was nice to be able to one shot him using the guy from the Crows x Worst collab. that I picked up on my sub, Takeda. Being able to get by the Damage Absorb is very nice.

The last GFE REM for 10 stones each wasn't too kind to me and I didn't have very good pulls. Contemplating pulling on this or just going for the Kenshin collab. again. I have 2 Kenshins on my sub and none on my main and I have 2 of the dark guy (Saito) on my main and none on my sub from last time.

Jagernaut

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/5vwolz/news_jp_ruroken_collab_2_buffs/
Kenshin collab leader skill buffs from Reddit

R/L Kenshin - Added a damage reduction component when matching Red and Light at once

Sanosuke - ATK x3.5 when matching 2+ wood combo (from x3)

Aoshi - ATK x4.5 when matching 6+ combo (from x4)

D/D Saito - ATK x2.5 after using a skill (from x2)

Sojirou - ATK x4.5 after using a skill (from x4) (I think this is a mistake and is increased from 3 to 4)

Nice buff for D/D Saito

1 cross + skill goes from 36x to 56.25x atk
2 cross + skill goes from 324x to 506x atk

divusrex

I found someone to carry me through M.Zeus on Discord, so now I have the ultra chicken (aka THE Winged Dragon of Ra) at my disposal. It will have Lightning as an inherit, and I have 4 slots open if anyone is interested in adding me (on NA).

Aesnath

I had multiple dupe Ronias which is terrible at 10 stones each.

At this point, 5* GFE tend to be pretty disappointing. Many have uses, but most aren't leaders and probably won't be anytime soon. I have a great need for more pantheon gods, but 5* GFE? Not so much.

At 5*:

Good lead(s): Ronove, Sumire (maybe?)
OK-ish leads: Tsubaki, Balboa
Solid Subs: Tsubaki, Sumire, Odin, Norns, Saria, Gadius, Satsuki, Australis, maybe Red Sonia
Disappointing: Zuoh, L. Meta, L. Kali, Sherias, Fenrir (unless you have a very specific team)

Also, their frequency means that, if you roll semi-regularly, you will have most/all of them. I'm only missing L. Meta and Fenrir,

W-00

Well, I do have two G. Metas and one B. Meta, so I feel like I may have paid my dues on that front.

You say that like having Wetatron is a bad thing. She provides two SBR on top of her bind-clearing bind-immunity, so she is waaay more generally useful than LMeta or Mito.

Aesnath

You say that like having Wetatron is a bad thing. She provides two SBR on top of her bind-clearing bind-immunity, so she is waaay more generally useful than LMeta or Mito.

Fair enough. I am using her on my Meri team. But I will forever resent her not being some other 7* out of that collab.

jiggle

So that's a no pull on 10stone GF then

The risk of more lolmetas and rotnias is just too great

Edit: actually come to think of it, over half the GFEs are quite undesirable
That's sad

Bladelaw

Ra dragon is hilariously overpowered for A1. I screwed up so many times on kali and thanks to indra I tanked her fuck you three times. I'm only concerned about sopdet skyfall troll at this point.

Top Bottom