• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

1upsuper

I've been having a really good time playing with Caustic's account. I'm still overwhelmed with how much stuff there is going on every day and it's very hard for me to keep all the promotions straight, but when I ignore all that and just stick to dungeons and stuff it's good fun.

Guerrilla Radar Dragon dungeons and no D.Athena announcement pushes me ever so slightly toward RaDra tbh

I've been having a really good time playing with Caustic's account. I'm still overwhelmed with how much stuff there is going on every day and it's very hard for me to keep all the promotions straight, but when I ignore all that and just stick to dungeons and stuff it's good fun.

It's definitely part of the game's strategy to wallop you over the head with whatever collab or event is going on currently so you're enticed to spend before the event is over. In every case, you just want to focus on things you're actually capable of clearing; there's no point in lusting after the One-Shot Challenge or the higher-level Challenge Dungeons with a newish account. Even if they are time-limited, basically all of the rewards are available elsewhere (like Pys/Tamas/Tans) or will come back around eventually in a different dungeon.

You absolutely want to complete all of the straight-up gift dungeons, though, like Experience of a Lifetime or one-time daily Tamadra dungeons. Those are designed for players of all skill levels to complete and typically appear at the top of the list of Special dungeons when available.

1upsuper

Guerrilla Radar Dragon dungeons and no D.Athena announcement pushes me ever so slightly toward RaDra tbh

It's definitely part of the game's strategy to wallop you over the head with whatever collab or event is going on currently so you're enticed to spend before the event is over. In every case, you just want to focus on things you're actually capable of clearing; there's no point in lusting after the One-Shot Challenge or the higher-level Challenge Dungeons with a newish account. Even if they are time-limited, basically all of the rewards are available elsewhere (like Pys/Tamas/Tans) or will come back around eventually in a different dungeon.

You absolutely want to complete all of the straight-up gift dungeons, though, like Experience of a Lifetime or one-time daily Tamadra dungeons. Those are designed for players of all skill levels to complete and typically appear at the top of the list of Special dungeons when available.

Thank you for the tips, I appreciate it. I'll keep that in mind.

Ducarmel

Why did I waste my time watching the whole stream last night?

Will take the free Eva roll and a yolo, hope I can get Misato Leilan.

Bladelaw

Why did I waste my time watching the whole stream last night?

Will take the free Eva roll and a yolo, hope I can get Misato Leilan.

Because watching 150 turns of stalling is exciting content.

Anyone want to farm Hino Kuramitsuha? I'm trying to pull at least one but RNG hates me..

Quantum

how often does the special descend rush dungeon appear?

is it permanent in the coin dungeon rotation?

I just finished making my co-op farming team for that dungeon (well works about 80% of the time) I've gotten 6 SDR tamas per account in about 15 runs - which is a pretty impressive invade rate

(still no blue fairys from the water carnival o.0 though)

Bladelaw

I just finished making my co-op farming team for that dungeon (well works about 80% of the time) I've gotten 6 SDR tamas per account in about 15 runs - which is a pretty impressive invade rate

It's a permanent addition to coins but the SDR invade is only during events.

Jagernaut

Are you using ALB? Having dragon and/or devil killer subs make the team more stable.

Anyone still need c8? Trying to do it with ALB.

Quantum

It's a permanent addition to coins but the SDR invade is only during events.

ty - hopefully it remains frequently

Are you using ALB? Having dragon and/or devil killer subs make the team more stable.

Anyone still need c8? Trying to do it with ALB.

I am using alb, following a template on reddit - I only have Ganesha for all orb enhance so I had to modify my grodin to the new form and am using leeza (with austras inherit) for the two extra skill boosts.

the only point of failure so far is gainaut, I dios then orb enhance and fail once in awhile due to lack of damage - I have to try to figure out how much damage I'm missing - whether I need additional combos from the locked orbs or something.

wondering if I can figure out a different route for gainaut maybe damage multiplier?

its pretty mindless, scary how much the co op aspect changed the game.

Jagernaut

ty - hopefully it remains frequently

I am using alb, following a template on reddit - I only have Ganesha for all orb enhance so I had to modify my grodin to the new form and am using leeza (with austras inherit) for the two extra skill boosts.

the only point of failure so far is gainaut, I dios then orb enhance and fail once in awhile due to lack of damage - I have to try to figure out how much damage I'm missing - whether I need additional combos from the locked orbs or something.

wondering if I can figure out a different route for gainaut maybe damage multiplier?

its pretty mindless, scary how much the co op aspect changed the game.

Matching the locked orbs is good but you should focus on using the locked orbs to separate 1 row of green and then a big blob of green orbs (make sure the blob contains a full row). If you can't make a separate row of green, make a separate green match (4 will give Leeza a 2-prong boost).

If your team is hypered that won't fail.

Quantum

Matching the locked orbs is good but you should focus on using the locked orbs to separate 1 row of green and then a big blob of green orbs (make sure the blob contains a full row). If you can't make a separate row of green, make a separate green match (4 will give Leeza a 2-prong boost).

If your team is hypered that won't fail.

holy shit thats brilliant.

never thought to use the tpa.

3 of each team is hypered - still dumping pluses into the team.

Ducarmel

^Cant read Japanese, wasn't sure what I was looking at and then it hit me.

6YehwT3.gif

PAD Gaf give me strength if all of them are also inherited with themselves.

Quantum

think sdr invades ended early - 0/22

at a 25% chance I either have the worst luck in the world or they arent dropping for me today.

(the experience is pretty good though)

edit I love complaining here (1/23)

edit 2 lol (2/24)

b33r

It's a pretty good advertisement for her.

Haha, yeah that's what I was thinking. Though playing her cemented my decision to pass in NA due to Aizen, though if I get to 750k mp in JP, I might bite. I'm not that far off and starting to have great subs.

W-00

Oh wow, other than Sima Yi (who I only just looked at now and *hnnng* that skill!) those are basically considered, at best, to be good inherits for DAthena teams, right? I was thinking that they'd want to show off the peak of her power, but maybe tackling the challenge with whatever subs is actually more impressive.

Ducarmel

Managed to get me a Hiko Seijuro from Kenshin collab on my main, alt was drowned by silvers.

I feel like he is way better then Acala a lot easier to proc his leader skill. Not sure if i will ever use him seriously though since I could not get him on my alt.

Godfest is tough.

Would love an Indra, Ganesha, and Durga, and the only GFEs I'm chasing are 6* and are therefore pointless to chase.

I guess dupes can be sold for MP but decision-making gets way more difficult when you only want a few things out of a large pool. I guess thankfully I can pretty easily live without any of those monsters for the time being.

...but then there's also Carat in the Gala of Tides.... :(

jiggle

Might roll a few
Since we had a preview of the suckiness of heroine evolved
No point saving stones for it again
And Bleach won't be back for a while

Nothing for me from pantheons
Still chasing for an Ilm on alt, and first NA eschamali
Would love to get ryune and blonia in preparation for Dathena also

W-00

Looks like I'll be rolling on Day 2. Either (or both) accounts would love a Ganesha or a Cao Cao, my alt would love a Sarasvati or DQXQ (and it would be okay with a Durga), and my main would love a Krishna. Also, neither account has an Odin yet, and a Grodin would be especially appreciated. And then of course there are the GFEs. Tsubaki has been eluding my main long enough, I think.

I should have eight or nine rolls available on my alt, and maybe sixteen on my main. I probably won't roll that many times, though. Certainly not on my alt, not when there are DAthena subs to chase (my main, on the other hand, is quite well prepared for her in terms of subs, so it can afford to be wasteful). Not sure where I'll stop, though. I'd like to say I'll stop on dupe or silver, but that might happen on roll 1 and I definitely want to roll more than once. Guess I'll just have to see where RNGesus leads me.

Ducarmel

Challenge mode reset coming soon! Its been a long time since I tried some of the harder ones i doubt i got the friends to make some of cheese teams to beat them.

I need some ilmina friends for my Hiko Seijuro

Aesnath

Godfest seems...kinda good this time? I hate that the pantheons are like 3x, but both days have strong stuff. Day 2 seems especially packed, and, with Meri needing some subs, rolling on gala of tides sounds like a solid plan.

Heck, Day 1 has a stronger pantheon inclusion than is typical. Gungho knows their audience, why spread out the goodstuff, better to clump it together and try to convince people to spend.

smbu2000

Cleared C10 on the first try. Wasn't too difficult, just needed to use a delay on Hinokagu and used my R.Hades to take down D.Izanami's resolve and then one shot her.

Team: YD/R.Haku/R.Persephone/D.Athena/R.Hades
Sub: YD/R.Haku/R.Persephone/DW Okuni/D.Kanna

After I tried out C11 and no continue cleared it on my main account.
Team was R.Neptune/Trunks (DB collab.)/Toki (FotN)/Ryune/Scheat

I waited out her gimmicks, then had to hope for a decent color when she did her Resurrection. It came out as water (on my 2nd try) and I was able to take her down to near 20% I believe. Then I used Rafael's skill (on my Toki) and Shinji/Kaworu 3x Attacker/Machine enhance to finish her off. Didn't take her down on the first shot, but the no damage shield helped me out. Trunks and Scheat went over her 10 million damage shield, but the others were fine.

When I tried it on my sub account earlier I didn't have a shield on and I just missed taking her out. Decided to just continue as I got my stone back for clearing it. I also used R.Neptune.

Bladelaw

Godfest is tough.

Would love an Indra, Ganesha, and Durga, and the only GFEs I'm chasing are 6* and are therefore pointless to chase.

I guess dupes can be sold for MP but decision-making gets way more difficult when you only want a few things out of a large pool. I guess thankfully I can pretty easily live without any of those monsters for the time being.

...but then there's also Carat in the Gala of Tides.... :(

Godfest seems...kinda good this time? I hate that the pantheons are like 3x, but both days have strong stuff. Day 2 seems especially packed, and, with Meri needing some subs, rolling on gala of tides sounds like a solid plan.

Heck, Day 1 has a stronger pantheon inclusion than is typical. Gungho knows their audience, why spread out the goodstuff, better to clump it together and try to convince people to spend.

My main is rolling day one. Every GFE I'm missing is in the day 1 pool and at 5x I'm hoping to score at least 1. I can also use dupe Indra and Vritra, or Orochi, Susano, or Yomi. It's close to my main's ideal godfest.

My Alt will be rolling on day 2 praying for Liu Bei or Cao Cao. I can use a bunch of stuff there in either pantheon but that would make farming way more convenient (Kind of the point of the alt). If it was 3k and Heroes in the same fest I might even IAP on that account.

Challenge mode reset coming soon! Its been a long time since I tried some of the harder ones i doubt i got the friends to make some of cheese teams to beat them.

I need some ilmina friends for my Hiko Seijuro

I have Illmina JP and we're already besties, do you need the L/R evo? My three main leads are Illmina, ReiMyr, and Meri. (I have almost 0 sub support for now lol)

Also does anyone have instructions for moving a JP account from Device A to Device B? I got a new phone but I'm still playing JP on my old one.

--------

NA Challenge dungeons are a bit of a breeze this time. Hanuman will be farmed to max skill him now that the tan update is a thing. Not sure what I'll do with him but it seems like a nice thing to have available in case something comes up.
If you're wondering how to quickly kill Hanuman here's my recommendation:
Krishna team, two 9x activations to get him into water, then full activation with 9 fire orbs to finish him off. Depending on luck (or skyfall) it can be done in three turns. If you're cautious bring a delay and stall it up (RCV badge is super helpful here) then delay and chip him down.

jiggle

Ohhh I forgot about Krishna and cao cao
Hard decision on which day to pull now

I forgot what team I used on kaguya before
But the dungeon is kicking my ass
I think it may be because I'm trying to do it on coop
Gonna try solo once I have some stamina

Bladelaw

Ohhh I forgot about Krishna and cao cao
Hard decision on which day to pull now

Kaguya-Hime you have two options:
Low cooldown skills that ensure activation, or leads with strong flat multipliers. Combo leads are tough due to no time extends, "on skill use" for similar reasons. Things like the Norns (barring Skuld, I think she's a firework lead), Aizen (flat 36x no cross), and similar work really well. Anything with HP/RCV multiplier is also good since it'll let you stall up skills to burst through the dungeon.

Ducarmel

I have Illmina JP and we're already besties, do you need the L/R evo? My three main leads are Illmina, ReiMyr, and Meri. (I have almost 0 sub support for now lol)

Also does anyone have instructions for moving a JP account from Device A to Device B? I got a new phone but I'm still playing JP on my old one.

LR for the shield.

For device change I always forget and just search on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/jpglossary

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...jp_can_someone_tell_me_where_to_go_to_device/

And if its android to android the doing it through google play might work out better
http://imgur.com/a/zOuKT

Bladelaw

LR for the shield.

For device change I always forget and just search on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/jpglossary

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...jp_can_someone_tell_me_where_to_go_to_device/

And if its android to android the doing it through google play might work out better
http://imgur.com/a/zOuKT

Thanks, I'll switch her when I get the mats, she's already Hypered so she's good to go.

I wonder if I have enough "spare" monsters in JP to clear my box for Dark Athena. It'd be nice to play a lead I actually have sub support for. I'm sitting on the gift MP and a few strategic sales would give me enough but obviously I lose out on some 6*'s that I may never roll again. I'm sure the smart thing is just wait and accumulate MP naturally but playing my jank teams with amazing leads is a real drag. Most of the time I never pop an active (since 90% of the time it'll fuck up my board), at least getting skill bound isn't as much of a hindrance but relying on RNG for most of your boards gets old fast.

jiggle

Kaguya-Hime you have two options:
Low cooldown skills that ensure activation, or leads with strong flat multipliers. Combo leads are tough due to no time extends, "on skill use" for similar reasons. Things like the Norns (barring Skuld, I think she's a firework lead), Aizen (flat 36x no cross), and similar work really well. Anything with HP/RCV multiplier is also good since it'll let you stall up skills to burst through the dungeon.
Thanks
Tried it on ilmnerva team coop with a couple of caocaos(9turns) and tsubakis (7turns)
And that did the trick
Forgot to use Tsubaki but caocao saved my ass lol

Aesnath

About the upcoming Eva collab--is it actually worth pulling? Just looking at them I liked the leilan, takeru, and kali, but everything else seemed kinda "eh." I also dislike pulling on collabs where I'm not too familiar with the property.

I feel like I first beat it with a Gremory/Myr pair and several fast orb changers. Beat the first floor then stall on the second until skills are up.

I'm probably going to try Meri this time around, 'cause I can kill the first floor with just 6.25x and then stall forever on the second floor. Need a poison or def break for floor 3 though...

jiggle

I feel like I first beat it with a Gremory/Myr pair and several fast orb changers. Beat the first floor then stall on the second until skills are up.

I'm probably going to try Meri this time around, 'cause I can kill the first floor with just 6.25x and then stall forever on the second floor. Need a poison or def break for floor 3 though...
My first attempt was with myr too
Only to realize, after entering, that there are no heart orbs XD

Bladelaw

About the upcoming Eva collab--is it actually worth pulling? Just looking at them I liked the leilan, takeru, and kali, but everything else seemed kinda "eh." I also dislike pulling on collabs where I'm not too familiar with the property.

Nothing game changing in the collab. ReiMyr is like an unbindable Ronove with a worse active, Leilan Suit, Takeru Suit, and Kali Suit are all good cards but they all have REM equivalents (though Leilan Suit being unbindable is really nice, she has no SBR). Misato is a REALLY good card and possibly the only legit reason to roll IMO, unbindable bindclear triple pronger and helps make a TPA Krishna team viable.

I'd skip unless you're a fan. It's not FF or Bleach level good but it's not a bad place to throw stones if you like the property. I'm skipping on NA but hoping I get Misato as my freebie.

Negator

Eva collab seems really underwhelming. I'd rather save up for the ethereal Voltron collab that we have heard nothing about for over a month now.

Hanuman is an annoying dude but I beat him once (I forget with whom...) and I will try Krishna, assuming I break 40k HP in single player.

I've beaten Kaguya-Hime before and I'm pretty sure I can do it again. I think I use Ilm for the "no awoken skills" or time-restricted stuff. I might bring a non-revo Hades and just gravity -> burst.

And I hate shuten-doji. I hope my workaround plan of Myr with a Raphael inherit -> popping Raph then Saria to burst -> survive the nuke -> kill will work. I don't think he heals up after the resolve...

Bladelaw

Hanuman is an annoying dude but I beat him once (I forget with whom...) and I will try Krishna, assuming I break 40k HP in single player.

I've beaten Kaguya-Hime before and I'm pretty sure I can do it again. I think I use Ilm for the "no awoken skills" or time-restricted stuff. I might bring a non-revo Hades and just gravity -> burst.

And I hate shuten-doji. I hope my workaround plan of Myr with a Raphael inherit -> popping Raph then Saria to burst -> survive the nuke -> kill will work. I don't think he heals up after the resolve...

Krishna is by far my most consistent quick Hanuman kill. If you're nuts and just want the clear you can just stall out his absorb and kill him then too.

Kaguya's resolve is 75% I think so Revo Hades would work fine and might be better since I think his cooldown is shorter so less stalling needed.

Raph cheese on Shuten-Doji works, just make sure you're not awoken bound when you try it or you might not break resolve. Basically stall until he does something like blackout the board then shield and smash.

If you need help with any of the challenges let me know.

Quantum

Eva collab seems really underwhelming. I'd rather save up for the ethereal Voltron collab that we have heard nothing about for over a month now.

I don't think we were offered a time-frame on the announcement of the voltron collab.

I think that information was made public to show that gungho US server group is actively trying to contribute to the game versus just waiting for imported collabs that have already been in JPN.

Personally I hope they take all the time they need to put together collab mobs that benefit the US meta - either filling in skills and cards that will never become available to the US or giving our game something fresh.

While I personally hate waiting for mobs to come over we do have a unique benefit to see what teams and cards become staples on the JPN server before investing in them.

Personally I know its saved me a lot not chasing something that did not catch on on the jpn server.

I'm excited to see if the collab gives us something to chase or if it will end up being an opportunity to add needed filler.

Jagernaut

I have Misato already so I'm only pulling the free roll (assuming we get one).

Also skipping the Godfest. I have 9/10 of day 1 pantheons and 7/10 of day 2. I would like a Cao Cao but not worth the risk of dupes.

Aesnath

My first attempt was with myr too
Only to realize, after entering, that there are no heart orbs XD

Wait, it's no RCV either? I must have been confused with the other no-awoken stage. Well, that sucks. Actually, I think I beat it with D/D Cecil then, but it took a few tries to get a usable starting board and I needed some quick heartmakers.

Bladelaw

I'm puttering around with making the "Aizen A3" team and I'm running into possible problems. As I understand it the template team is:
Aizen (Revorochi)
Escha (Escha)
Z8 (Sheen)
Z8 (Indra)
DMeta (Indra)
Aizen (Revorochi)

I don't have Dmeta or a second Escha.

My options for a Dmeta replacement (in the order of what I think is best to worst):
Halloween Izanami
Kuramitsuha
Awoken Haku
Lumiel (why worst? 3 TPA might over damage some enemies past a damage null/absorb)

My Escha inherit options are limited to
Satsuki (still clears board trash)
Awoken Haku (board clear + haste)
Awoken Persephone (Maintain skyfall buff).

Basically I want another team to run A3 with besides Ra Dragon and Minerva Cheese.

I'm just waffling on plussing Halloween Izanami or Kuramitsuha.

EDIT: after looking more closely at Kura vs Halloween Iza I think I'm going with Hiza. I lose 800 HP and a bunch of damage (especially the prong), but I gain 15% light resist and 5 more Orb Enhances which kind of makes up for it. Also with her RCV I'm pretty sure I can heal from damn near anything that doesn't outright kill me. I'll be sitting at ~38k HP once inherits and plusses are distributed which should be enough to eat any "supposed to survive" hit. Hiza's shield matches DMeta's (with a lower cooldown to boot) and her OE awakenings combined with Escha mean I'll rarely need to enhance the board.

I really think this is a solid team. The only real problem I can see is a team bind I can't get out of safely. Leads will be fine but the subs will be relying on a heart row to come back and that may not be feasible if the next turn is death.

b33r

I have only tried a few times so far, but I'm using Aizen(aorochi) Escha, ahaku, Yomi Dragon, aokuni, and pair with an Aizen with a shield inherit. It's not perfect, but I have seen a few people on Reddit successful with this team.

I have only died so far to things that were my fault.

Bladelaw

I have only tried a few times so far, but I'm using Aizen(aorochi) Escha, ahaku, Yomi Dragon, aokuni, and pair with an Aizen with a shield inherit. It's not perfect, but I have seen a few people on Reddit successful with this team.

I have only died so far to things that were my fault.

I'm still researching options...
Currently I'm thinking I'll run the following:
Aizen (Revorochi) - Delay is too useful and the ghetto SDR is huge against Heph dragon if I don't need it prior.

Eschamali(Satsuki) - clearing board trash trumps skyfall I have 6 Satsukis so I'm using an unskilled one as SDR for now.

Z8 (Indra) - stat stick holding indra since I should need to use his active unless I get Heph dragon

Grida (???) - Stat stick, the hardest single hit for defense cracking purposes, still deciding on an inherit. Leaning toward Cecil or Ulquiorra.

Halloween Izanami (Indra) - I have two indra's might as well use them. Her shield is up faster than Dmeta's and her awakenings are solid.

A burst active seems like overkill for Aizen but hear me out:
Ulquiorra's active is 1+(0.2*n) where n = total dark Orb Enhance. The team above has 17 OE's meaning his spike is 4.4x (more than the gemstones on this team). With one dark cross this team will do
36*4*4.4 = 633.6 which is more than 2 crosses worth of damage (576x). This makes Kali free and provides 14 turns of ghetto SDR vs Heph dragon. 1 SDR latent on Grida and you can haste up others and make darks to attack with. Against the other radars (possibly except Gaia) you save it for kali.

The downside to running the team above is needing to plus out 3 cards and skill up Grida. I'm not too worried about HP thresholds as I believe with the new inherit system I should hit the appropriate breakpoints, Aizen's RCV is already bonkers which should let me match away poisons and still heal up. I'm feeling good about this team. It'll give me a thing to work on while I wait for SDR invades to come back.

b33r

Let me know how it goes. I also have Ulquiorra and I plan on putting him on Yomi Dragon for when the uvo gets here. May as well level him up and do it soon for burst when needed and ghetto sdr. It'll also boost her stats. I hypered my Grida already, might mess around with her to.

Top Bottom