• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

So it turns out that Meri (co-op) vs. Hanuman is ridiculously easy. Just match a bunch of non-row globs over a few turns and he gets smashed. I'm thinking I might finally get around to skilling-up a Hanuman. He's a good inherit base, and he covers G/B when trying to ALB an all-attributes dungeon.

It's a little bit sad, though. Hanuman was the last dungeon where I had a use for my A. Amaterasu team. At least she has a Revo coming up, so she might become useful again.

Also, since the Challenge Mode revamp is coming, I finally got around to clearing Castle of Satan with my alt to unlock it. Incoming windfall of stones on my alt!

sopdet is just plain not fun. you know it's bad game design when they make a card (Gremory) more powerful and it's argued that she actually got nerfed due to that one spawn.

Also what is the "challenge mode" reset? We'll get to clear some dungeons a second time for stones?

Bladelaw

sopdet is just plain not fun. you know it's bad game design when they make a card (Gremory) more powerful and it's argued that she actually got nerfed due to that one spawn.

Also what is the "challenge mode" reset? We'll get to clear some dungeons a second time for stones?

Challenge mode lets you re-clear normal and technical dungeons where you can build a team out of your friends leads, only your leaderskill is active (means no friend leader skill). Clearing the sub dungeons earns you a magic stone. The reset lets you do this again, this being the first time such a reset has occurred AFAIK.

To access this mode, in the friend lead select of solo play scroll to the bottom of your friends list and select "Challenge Mode"

W-00

We don't know yet. All we know is that at some point in mid-March the GungHo is going to be revamping Challenge Mode into something new and that all progress made in Challenge dungeons will be reset.

Jagernaut

I hate sopdet. Failed sphinx 4 times cause of sky fall and over damaging it.

I brought A Pandora back out of retirement for Sphinx since she has good damage control. 5 dark orbs and various other combos each turn took care of Sopdet easily. My other dark teams are too strong, and so is Krishna.

b33r

I brought A Pandora back out of retirement for Sphinx since she has good damage control. 5 dark orbs and various other combos each turn took care of Sopdet easily. My other dark teams are too strong, and so is Krishna.

Yeah, I busted out Shiva Dragon for that, was easy. Sopdet gets destroyed by a 3 match of fire really quick.

Clearing one shot challenge this past week was annoying since Sopdet was in mine. Even with a delay, my Krishna team would either skyfall into a full heal of Sopdet or run out of red orbs because I was too afraid to clear more than 2 or 3 combos due to the skyfall chance.

hermit7

I didn't even think of her.

I was focused on blasting him/her with radra and Aizen. Both are not good. I am lucky to beat them 1/5 times on arena when it comes up.

b33r

Clearing one shot challenge this past week was annoying since Sopdet was in mine. Even with a delay, my Krishna team would either skyfall into a full heal of Sopdet or run out of red orbs because I was too afraid to clear more than 2 or 3 combos due to the skyfall chance.

Yeah I had her to, died to her like 6 times with Aizen due to skyfall. It was very irritating.

unrealist

Sopdet is really a bitch. I never ever have luck with Skyfalls till her. Always 4x without TPAs end skyfall will sometimes make it end up 6-10 combos with 64x!

Bladelaw

LR for the shield.

For device change I always forget and just search on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/jpglossary

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...jp_can_someone_tell_me_where_to_go_to_device/

And if its android to android the doing it through google play might work out better
http://imgur.com/a/zOuKT
Ok just finished swapping her over. What team are you running? I don't have much in the way of decent subs but I'm curious to know what will work.

annoying descends out of the way, thank god.

@bladelaw thanks for the krishna on hanuman tip, it works so well it's terrifying. First time I beat it I spent god knows how long waiting out the shield. I ended up taking on Shuten-doji with a similar strat of 2-combo at the top of the board until he was under half, then nuking through his 50% shield with a few Sanadas.

I was also able to stock up on EKMDs and jewels so today was a good day. I'm ready for the godfest.

Figured this was going to happen when they shrunk the size of the REM description in 10.0
3rPUUaq.jpg

Edit: rolled Oscar Meyer and dupe Ronia, GFE continues to pay dividends

raiot

Bladelaw, I have a similiar problem.
I want to make a A3 Aizen team but i lack eschamali and a gemstone princess.
I have double Haku, double DMeta, double Yomigon.
But this Fucker Eschamali still evades me and i can't get my head around if i could make a viable team without it...

W-00

I decided that since I had some extra stones from tackling a few Challenge Mode dungeons I could spare stones for a roll on each account. Goetia on the alt (good enough) and a third Red Chester on the main. Then I decided that I couldn't let it end like that on my main and was punished with a Dragonette.

Still, I have quite a few rolls for Day 2. I figure I'll make three rolls each and see how things go from there.

jiggle

Dumped all my stones on alt
Didnt get ilm ryune or blonia
Saria is nice though
All gold so im not too bummed

Saria
Sumire
Alrescha
Gadius dupe
Susano
Lmeta 5th one ...fuck
Chester dupe
Urd 4th
Kagutsuchi

Aesnath

I got ten rolls lined up for tomorrow--hoping for basically any Indian 2 god and would be happy with most 3k gods, except lu bu dupe or DQXQ (would be my fourth). As for GFE, I think I'd rather have water gala at this point over most 5* GFE, as I have nearly all of them and don't really want dupes. C'mon Meri team!

Also, I played star justice yesterday using D/D Cecil, and I always feel like I forget just how solid the team actually is. He may be a legitimate place for those two satsuki I drew earlier when she gets her sub evo.

J0dy77

This GFE REM seems pretty decent for a change. I had 57 stones saved up on JP and got 4 new cards. Still all 5 stars though.

Tsubaki
Balboa
Australis
Urd

The one dupe was green Odin.

Very good REM to save up for if you're a new player on either side.

On the US I just continue to get trolled. Rolled yet another Arthur, Laskschmi and L. Meta. All dupes, such a waste.

I've started thinking about the direction the game has taken and it's really starting to bother me. When we started playing years and years ago it was all about Collabs. They continually released new pantheons for us to focus our stones on that were for the most part achievable. During that time, GFE were few and far between and while they were super powerful it wasn't going to completely stone wall you from higher end content. I frequently think back to the time when Egypt 1 was released and at to the top of the meta as the glory days of PAD. You had the height of the Horus/Kirin meta with teams that were able to farm most of your subs like echidna and verche to fit these teams and make them work. Now everything requires you to pull ridiculously low drop rate 6* GFE that feel unobtainable. Plus the inherit system is now forcing even more luck required when building out teams to have the perfect fit.

TL:DR - The Flood of GFE is bad, bring new pantheons.

jiggle

They should at least trim the gfe lineup
So many outdated cards

Looks like they are giving out rewards for each heroine card you evolved and had her level reset to 1?

Bladelaw

Bladelaw, I have a similiar problem.
I want to make a A3 Aizen team but i lack eschamali and a gemstone princess.
I have double Haku, double DMeta, double Yomigon.
But this Fucker Eschamali still evades me and i can't get my head around if i could make a viable team without it...
You can. Aizen, Awoken Persephone, Awoken Haku, Dmeta, Dmeta should clear A3

Slot bigger shields on the Dmeta's, Use Awoken Persephone as a harder hitting ghetto Escha, Awoken Haku brings a couple more Orb Enhances and TPAs for "trash". You can also Use Z8 with Persephone on top. You'll have crazy RCV, ATK, and strong HP. You can get away with a Vritra as a damage spike in the event you need it. It's also a solid poke to drop Zera below resolve. You can possibly replace Awoken Haku with Yomigon with Haku on top to keep the haste and make 5/6th of the team unbindable too. Then put orochi on aizen for the stats, SDR protection, and solutions to Vishnu and company.

Dmeta is a huge enabler for Aizen and lets him get away with a little more. No escha is manageable through other means, losing the OE's isn't great but Aizen only really needs stupid damage against Heph dra, Gaia dragon, Kalis, and predras. I believe Vritra's boost and dmeta's enhance will fit the bill

-----------
I rolled a lot on this day on my main hoping for Dmeta, Kanna, or Ilm. I know fool's errand and all but those three would be huge enablers for Aizen, Ra Dragon, and Kenshin. no luck there but I grabbed some decent goodies I can use and 2 more 297's from the silver trash.

Here's what I'm keeping
Kundali x2 - not sure what to do with him. Maybe a Meri sub/inherit?
Yomi dupe - wanted this for her machine killer alt evo since I have awoken already
Susano dupe - wanted this for the 5 turn shield variant as an inherit over awoken/revo
Vritra dupe - not sure if I'll awaken this one, probably will since I only use vritra for buttoning.
Indra Dupe - Now I can awaken one without worrying about losing the three turn shield.
Tsubaki number 5 or 6? - Might as well make the system for luls
Roots dupe - inherit maybe for Ra Dragon team on the second Dkali. I'm using a Dkali (Dkali) setup now for SDR/Stats but the true damage lets me poke through zera or kill off both predras without relying on a Lightning friend being available.
Water Dragon Swordsman - is a really solid bind clear inherit for a lot of non-sumire water teams. Probably going on Meri's team as an Isis inherit.
Aten - Might pair with Ra dragon for kicks but I'm not sure what to do with the death orb.

Lots of other GFE's I have 3+ of so they got sold.

EDIT: I just realized I'm only missing 7 GFEs... all 6*
Dantalion, Ilm, DMeta, Kanna, Gremory, Paimon, and Sylvie.

Out of that list only Sylvie would be disappointing. I guess I should stop rolling till Fujin shows up.

raiot

You can. Aizen, Awoken Persephone, Awoken Haku, Dmeta, Dmeta should clear A3

Slot bigger shields on the Dmeta's, Use Awoken Persephone as a harder hitting ghetto Escha, Awoken Haku brings a couple more Orb Enhances and TPAs for "trash". You can also Use Z8 with Persephone on top. You'll have crazy RCV, ATK, and strong HP. You can get away with a Vritra as a damage spike in the event you need it. It's also a solid poke to drop Zera below resolve. You can possibly replace Awoken Haku with Yomigon with Haku on top to keep the haste and make 5/6th of the team unbindable too. Then put orochi on aizen for the stats, SDR protection, and solutions to Vishnu and company.

Dmeta is a huge enabler for Aizen and lets him get away with a little more. No escha is manageable through other means, losing the OE's isn't great but Aizen only really needs stupid damage against Heph dra, Gaia dragon, Kalis, and predras. I believe Vritra's boost and dmeta's enhance will fit the bill

My team looks like this now:
Aizen(R.Orochi), D.Meta(Indra), D.Meta (Blonia), A.Haku(Lumiel), Yomigon (akechi).
I tried Arena 3 a few times but always died due to dumb errors... So I can't say if my build is able to tacke the Radar Dragons. Any suggestions for other inherits or latents?
I dont know if I should swap Persephone in for Haku, I think the time awakening will sorely be missed... :/ I will try the next few days. THX!

Silent_Z

Roll once because why not...
dupe Typhon

Almost want to do a self-assist on Anaphon for up to 17 turns of skill delay protection; could overwrite the SDR latents with stat boosts

Bladelaw

My team looks like this now:
Aizen(R.Orochi), D.Meta(Indra), D.Meta (Blonia), A.Haku(Lumiel), Yomigon (akechi).
I tried Arena 3 a few times but always died due to dumb errors... So I can't say if my build is able to tacke the Radar Dragons. Any suggestions for other inherits or latents?
I dont know if I should swap Persephone in for Haku, I think the time awakening will sorely be missed... :/ I will try the next few days. THX!
Oh hey in that case I'd flip awoken haku and lumiel. A fully unbindable team is awesome. Lumiel can be up in time for predras if you plan it and sets the board up for the next floor assuming you get 5 orbs. Skyfall helps save actives but really escha and the like are for clearing garbage off the board. Lumiel (haku) gets the job done just fine. The extra prongs can help you past trash floors better than haku too.

Edit: you might have trouble on Hera dragon but I'm not sure. Make sure to pop Blonia before the radar floor so you can use dmetas shield on the lighter hit.

Aesnath

Four active gachas as opposed to the previous max of three
PEM
REM
Ruroni Kenshin Collab
GFE REM

Well, they will find out real quick that I have a finite amount of money that I feel like spending on this game. I wonder what the point of this was.

Also, who is "oscar meyer?" I just wonder who is evoking hot dogs in this game.

Bladelaw

Ok Aizen cleared A3 after a couple failed runs (poor active management on sopdet and Vishnu wrecked me)
No problems on the normal spawns, delayed Vishnu and killed. Balance killer latent (wheee?)

Heph Dragon spawns. My Escha Insurance payed off (unskilled Awoken Persephone Inherit). Pop her then double Cross for a silly amount of damage which trips resolve, hit him again with a cross. Drops him to a realistic kill threshold, then I use Z8 to haste up friend Aizen who gives me enough orbs to kill. No drop (of course). Kali would have sucked but I had two things in my favor.
1) Light kali spawned
2) Z8's skyfall gave me enough orbs to kill.

Pys were scary but by then my aizen was up and I could kill a light py and chip the other two down.

Team:
Aizen (Awoken Orochi) <--not revo yet due to needing XP
Eschamali (Awoken Persephone unskilled)
Z8 (Indra)
Z8 (Ulquiorra)
Halloween Izanami (Indra)
Aizen (Revo Orochi)

The plan was slow and steady. Actives were planned on Predras (1 aizen), no real problematic random spawns showed up so I got lucky there aside from Vishnu. A little but of luck ensured the clear. I definitely need SDRs on the team to avoid floor 1 troll. I'm a little bummed at not getting to use Ulquiorra on Kali for the one shot. It's faster and more exciting than Minerva cheese but now that the radar dungeons are coming I'm less concerned about running it. I can still use the latents of course and plan on getting "enough" to be able to clear coliseum reliably since that's really the last challenge to face for now.

b33r

Ok Aizen cleared A3 after a couple failed runs (poor active management on sopdet and Vishnu wrecked me)
No problems on the normal spawns, delayed Vishnu and killed. Balance killer latent (wheee?)

Heph Dragon spawns. My Escha Insurance payed off (unskilled Awoken Persephone Inherit). Pop her then double Cross for a silly amount of damage which trips resolve, hit him again with a cross. Drops him to a realistic kill threshold, then I use Z8 to haste up friend Aizen who gives me enough orbs to kill. No drop (of course). Kali would have sucked but I had two things in my favor.
1) Light kali spawned
2) Z8's skyfall gave me enough orbs to kill.

Pys were scary but by then my aizen was up and I could kill a light py and chip the other two down.

Team:
Aizen (Awoken Orochi) <--not revo yet due to needing XP
Eschamali (Awoken Persephone unskilled)
Z8 (Indra)
Z8 (Ulquiorra)
Halloween Izanami (Indra)
Aizen (Revo Orochi)

The plan was slow and steady. Actives were planned on Predras (1 aizen), no real problematic random spawns showed up so I got lucky there aside from Vishnu. A little but of luck ensured the clear. I definitely need SDRs on the team to avoid floor 1 troll. I'm a little bummed at not getting to use Ulquiorra on Kali for the one shot. It's faster and more exciting than Minerva cheese but now that the radar dungeons are coming I'm less concerned about running it. I can still use the latents of course and plan on getting "enough" to be able to clear coliseum reliably since that's really the last challenge to face for now.

Vishnu has ended my a3 runs a few times, hate him so much. Congrats though.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
dupe zuoh
dupe kundali

already skilled 2nd zuoh with my stockpile of metalits
i guess now is an okay time for kundali with skill ups in the 7x6 water dungeon

W-00

I decided to be stupid and roll again on my main. Gold came out, but it was a troll gold: Claymore. So I decided to roll again, and got another gold.

And it wasn't a troll gold this time: Tsuku Yomi. I'm not sure where I'll use Yomi, but it's good to finally have a full-board enhance.

How do you take down Parvati in A1 with Meri? I'm starting to just speed run A1 with I'm at work and have stamina to burn, just ran in to Parvati and couldn't figure it out. Obviously I'm not going to hassle with stalling her out, but I ended up chipping away at her until I got her in the danger zone and wiped.

Bladelaw

How do you take down Parvati in A1 with Meri? I'm starting to just speed run A1 with I'm at work and have stamina to burn, just ran in to Parvati and couldn't figure it out. Obviously I'm not going to hassle with stalling her out, but I ended up chipping away at her until I got her in the danger zone and wiped.

Depends on your subs. You have type disadvantage so you can hit close to 600k before you have to worry. Check endless for what gets you close without going over. I think I can get away with a 6 match non row but I'd need to double check. My normal strat for A1 farm is pop delay on floor 15 no matter what spawns (even Venus) so Isis is up in time to block DQ Hera. So I usually have a few turns to poke her down. If a 6 blob is too much then do two 3-matches, or a prong and 3 match etc. I'd strongly recommend a delay though.

b33r

I just tested out my Yomi Dragon team with Uliquorra inherit. Used Haku to Akechi with his damage enhance and wow. It's going to be bonkers with his new multiplier. Most subs hit over 15 million and that will skyrocket when his ult gets here. I do have 20 dark enhanced orbs on that team though.

Really should start getting the mats together.

Bladelaw

I just tested out my Yomi Dragon team with Uliquorra inherit. Used Haku to Akechi with his damage enhance and wow. It's going to be bonkers with his new multiplier. Most subs hit over 15 million and that will skyrocket when his ult gets here. I do have 20 dark enhanced orbs on that team though.

Really should start getting the mats together.
Yeah I'm just missing hera dragon. Still haven't seen her in Arena 3 yet let alone get a drop. I'm pretty excited about using her as a lead again. Halloween Izanami will be putting in work there to cover for any HP issues.

Top Bottom