• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Probably not going to be able to build a DAthena team, so might be best for me to sit it out till I can.

I only have one Haku. Outside of her, I only have Zouh, Nephthys, Fenrir, and Geotia, Can't even begin to put together a dark team. And I have both the Green and Fire Jewel Princess.

She definitely isn't worth the cost for you at this stage. A large reason for her popularity is her flexibility, but she's not quite that flexible. Even working toward reincarnating your Haku and building a Haku team would be more worth your while.

If D.Athena gets eclipsed by a similarly expensive and powerful card that you have a much better team for, you'd certainly much rather have the MP for that.

I have Ra Dragon and went with Dathena mostly for ease of use, and an excuse to put my Hakus to use. I'm also sitting on a bunch of MP so I'm not hurting for it. I'm also looking for a team that can clear coliseum since I've been pining for an Orpharion for a while and that seems like my best bet.
Is this because the evo mat is a guaranteed drop at the end? It doesn't seem like a great lead being effectively light machine only. Is it mostly just a cool trophy to collect?

Bladelaw

Is this because the evo mat is a guaranteed drop at the end? It doesn't seem like a great lead being effectively light machine only. Is it mostly just a cool trophy to collect?

Part trophy, part challenge. There's a chance for 2 parts to drop (one from Machine Hera/Zeus and the guaranteed one from Orpharion). I'm not looking to build a team of Orpharions I just want one to have the option in case a new light lead takes the meta by storm odds are really good it'll be a prime sub.

mAcOdIn

Yes, nice week, got Dark Athena pretty much geared up. Wanted a Fujin to go with her but, alas, somehow the game knew and gave me Raijin.

Also got Hera Dragon! Yes, finally time to evo my Yomidragon, err, shit, I need all that crap to evolve Machine Hera. Sigh.

Aesnath

This question is to people who play on JP. Can anyone explain the logic behind needing 3+ Tsubakis for the Male Massacre Armor Set?

Besides properly utilizing the AS, wouldn't it be better to use Zuoh? At least with Zuoh, you have better synergy with the leader skill based on the colors (green or dark crosses). On my JP account I have 3 Tsubakis (1 leader, 2 dragon killer), but I can't bring myself to devolve my leader to fulfill this team requirement.

I don't play JP, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think people are just using him for the AS. PadX says that it is .5 per dragon killer, so you could get away with fewer, but it isn't too special without at least four.

As a lead, he seems unimpressive. Sure, it is an uncapped damage leaderskill, but it has no defensive stats and really can't benefit strongly from any damage awakenings other than OE. Also, without miraculous skyfall or a 7x6 co-lead, you aren't going to be getting crazy damage very easily. On the other hand, at three crosses it is like 4,000x damage. But still, three crosses, no tankiness. Sort of like Kenshin, so some applicability, but not crazy consistent. At this point, glass cannon leads aren't too popular.

divusrex

I don't play JP, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think people are just using him for the AS. PadX says that it is .5 per dragon killer, so you could get away with fewer, but it isn't too special without at least four.

As a lead, he seems unimpressive. Sure, it is an uncapped damage leaderskill, but it has no defensive stats and really can't benefit strongly from any damage awakenings other than OE. Also, without miraculous skyfall or a 7x6 co-lead, you aren't going to be getting crazy damage very easily. On the other hand, at three crosses it is like 4,000x damage. But still, three crosses, no tankiness. Sort of like Kenshin, so some applicability, but not crazy consistent. At this point, glass cannon leads aren't too popular.

I guess the team would be useful for certain situations. Either way, I was just very confused by the logic. Thank you!

That flowchart is dumb as fuck, not surprised it came from reddit either

Glad to know I am not the only one who feels the same. It's not going on stop me from making an armor set, I'll just makes favorite.

I am now the proud owner of such amazing evos as

Missionary of Time, Chrono Turtle
GrimCrystal
ForestBahn
Henry & Chaos Devil Dragon
Dragon Shogun
Firefly Squid
Velvet Shrimp
Various colab 4* trash evos
All the damn sticker girl uevos

AND

The +2 sec badge. Luckily my DAthena team cost is just barely under the new max after badge reduction. I now have +5.5sec total with the badge and Revo Yomi on the team.

hermit7

Best team for no awoken challenge 10?

I beat regular 10 with radra fairly easily. (Stalling where possible) but I am not too certain about this no awoken. I am assuming an Ashton of gravity with maybe hades as a damage reducer, but I wanted to check. Maybe the red trail.....a would be decent to drop Satan.

Spoit

So....how useful do people think that D/D Haku might be. I could theoretically roll it all back and have 2 revo hakus on my DAth team... but I'm kinda loathe to do that, since 1. there's no going back, and 2. I spent 3 damn months skilling her up back in the day, darn it.

Aesnath

C10 no awoken sucks a lot. I think I may just have to admit that it got the better of me. The minerva/gravity team doesn't work, as it's damage is too low to actually kill any of the things leading up to satan.

I saw someone on reddit use tengu to resolve stall on Siren. Meri could probably do that, and, I've checked the damage, she could OHKO satan going Ryune->Meri->Blue enhance->2x damage spike. Problem is, that is four actives. Bringing them, plus tengu, and a true damage active (michael) leaves no room for anything else. That puts us back in the "phoenix has too many hp" camp, as you can't horde blue orbs 'cause he eats them. If my true damage active was lumiel, I suppose I could get very lucky with a bunch of blue orbs, but it would probably take the full nine to actually kill the damn bird.

Myr makes it easy.

Yeah, I feel like I'm being punished for not developing my myr team. I have a skilled myr, but none of my subs are evo'd or skilled, unless I want to run something like 3x Momiji and a Sun Wukong.

Bladelaw

I'm a little pissed at skyfall. I'm running Dath A3 and sure enough Noah Dragon spawns. I'm trying to stall out her damage null for a good combination of bind and color absorb. eventually I skyfall her into the first judgement and die because I didn't match too hard (no activation thus no heal) but enough to ping her down. I wouldn't be too upset except this run a physical killer finally spawned. I'm not too happy about that loss.

The rest of the run was really smooth. The only other hiccup was skyfall forced me to use Fujin on Vishnu after more BS skyfall.I had all my actives up to that point. I'm probably just going to Minerva cheese till I fill out the killer slots on this team. I've become really consistent with it just takes about 45 minutes per clear (more for Gaia/Noah spawns less for everything else).

So....how useful do people think that D/D Haku might be. I could theoretically roll it all back and have 2 revo hakus on my DAth team... but I'm kinda loathe to do that, since 1. there's no going back, and 2. I spent 3 damn months skilling her up back in the day, darn it.
Revo Pandora will be coming at some point and D/D's devil type will make her usable on that team but I don't see that team being viable for much.

Revo Haku is better than D/D in every way so if you want your DAth team to be good then make the change IMHO.

I attempted my first A3 clear this morning and died to Lifive's preemptive because I didn't read PadX carefully enough. I had delayed Shiva on the floor before but didn't have enough hearts at kill time to heal. Pretty sure I was only like 500 hp under his hit too. At least it was a balance killer that had spawned so nothing of value was lost.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How long are these free coin dungeons going to last? Tons of free stones in there to grab but that's a big stamina investment I'm going to have to put off leveling up some of my revo's for a bit to finish them all.

From Padx. Not sure if the cost will change when the rotation does though.

05/01 01:00
05/16 00:59

Coin Dungeons - 61st Rotation Ends in:11Days15Hrs26Mins
The event is active

The free MP event is the whole month so maybe it'll follow that? It's probably on FB but I haven't checked.

Quantum

How long are these free coin dungeons going to last? Tons of free stones in there to grab but that's a big stamina investment I'm going to have to put off leveling up some of my revo's for a bit to finish them all.

with the 4x xp in technicals you can chain rank, I haven't had an issue with stamina this week making clearing out the coin dungeons just a time sink

From Padx. Not sure if the cost will change when the rotation does though.

The free MP event is the whole month so maybe it'll follow that? It's probably on FB but I haven't checked.

FB says the 5-coin dungeons will last the month, so apparently that's 2 rotations and lots of stones.

Stamina is overflowing because a single A1 clear gives more than half of my needed rank-up EXP and with the dedicated DA arena channel on discord it takes 20 seconds to find someone to connect and dc with for 50 stam.

bjork

When did Meri get a new form? I got a message from a guy asking me to evolve her, but I am missing one evolver in the set. But I didn't even know that happened.

Bladelaw

When did Meri get a new form? I got a message from a guy asking me to evolve her, but I am missing one evolver in the set. But I didn't even know that happened.

Earlier this week the Heroine Uevo's came out, Meri included. She gets an extra row and better stats, so while it's nice it's far from a required upgrade (no reason not to though).

Earlier this week the Heroine Uevo's came out, Meri included. She gets an extra row and better stats, so while it's nice it's far from a required upgrade (no reason not to though).
Her LS got buffed too. She's now 126.5x instead of 100x. I don't have her but I have ran Ryune and paired with her using A Isis for a short CD skill to activate Ryune's full LS. It works pretty well and makes for a pretty potent 2/70/2.5 team.

Anyone beat Lv9 - No Dupes easily with any particular team? That Physical Killer looks mighty tasty.

bjork

Was anyone else from that batch really good? I think I had all of them except for one, but I can't recall offhand.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
with the 4x xp in technicals you can chain rank, I haven't had an issue with stamina this week making clearing out the coin dungeons just a time sink

Thanks. I never even look at techs lately.

W-00

Anyone beat Lv9 - No Dupes easily with any particular team? That Physical Killer looks mighty tasty.

Not that this will help you since you just said you don't have her, but Meri co-op just smashed through it for me. The only hard part was controlling damage on the last guy.

Other than that, it seems like the sort of thing you could make some ALB teams for.
Floor 1: Team A smashes through the first guy with Dios.
Floor 2: Team B uses a bicolor board changer like Gronia or Avalon Drake on the second guy (maybe using a combo-enhancer like Acala, Yamamoto, or Meri beforehand to be safe).
Floor 3: Either Team A uses gravities to get it below resolve or it controls damage enough to safely bring him under resolve so Team B can just smash him with a Dios. If Team A can't bring enough gravities, they could also pass to Team B (onve they've used theirs), who could bring a gravity of their own.

I'm thinking Team B would ideally look something like: ALB (gravity), Dios, Avalon Drake, Tengu (combo-booster), NY Tengu (gravity).
I suppose Team A would ideally look very similar, just changing the inherits from a combo-boost to either a board-changer or a board-fixer.

Bladelaw

Was anyone else from that batch really good? I think I had all of them except for one, but I can't recall offhand.

Romia, Illmina, Barbara, and Meri were the big winners. Romia getting an SBR makes her a top tier Revo Astaroth sub. Illmina got a split ult making her a better lead, Barbara got better stats and another killer, and you already saw what Meri got.

The others were ok, Engenubi just got better stats, the 5*'s were mostly junk.

W-00

She also got a better leader skill. She now increases recovery for machine type as well. Which reminds me - I've been meaning to give her a spin. Elgenubi/2xAntares/2xKuvia would be really orb-hungry and completely bindable, but it seems like it could do respectable damage.

b33r

Romia, Illmina, Barbara, and Meri were the big winners. Romia getting an SBR makes her a top tier Revo Astaroth sub. Illmina got a split ult making her a better lead, Barbara got better stats and another killer, and you already saw what Meri got.

Kuvia's attack went up and now she is a great sub for prong teams. She is a staple on my super Shiva Dragon team.

Kwhit10

So apparently, if all your skills are ready you can't use a skill that gives haste if it would have no other effect. Yuki tries to use inherited Fujin because he doesn't need it and just wants to start the base CD of his Yomi charging again but can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDY1OdxJbwE&feature=youtu.be&t=21m00s

I imagine this could screw you if you needed the base skill and wouldn't get it in time because of this.

Interesting. I got screwed in arena because my dkali with azazel inherit reached the inherit but I didn't have a dark resist (the dark latent I had on dkali didn't count) and couldn't use the active ever to restart dkalis active.

It seems like something they have so you don't "waste" actives when they won't do anything but there are multiple cases where you just want to toss it so the base can charge. Seems like "Safe Skill Use" should be something that is toggleable so you can use skills whenever.

Jagernaut

Anyone up for ALB coop, c9 no dupes and c10? Here are the strategies. I can do either side.

C9 no dupe guide (Farmable sub for P2)

P1:ALB(5 SDR or >5 CD inherit)/Avalon Drake/Dios/Raphael/A.Freyja
P2:ALB/Dios/Orb refresh or unlock/Myr/Khepri

Fl1-P1:A.Freyja, Dios, swipe
Fl2-P2:Orb refresh or unlock, Dios, Khepri, Myr, match 4 combo
Fl3-P1:Raphael, ALB, swipe, P2:ping
Notes:
1. Min SB is 16.
2. Khepri and Myr can be any combination that guarantees 6 combo on Fl2.

I can bring Kaoru to replace Khepri + Myr.

C10 Guide

P1:ALB(Carat)/Dios/Dios/Dios/Vishnu(A.orochi)
P2:ALB/Avalon Drake/Dios/Dios/God killer Spica(A.orochi)

Fl1-P1:Vishnu(Orochi), 0c, P2:0c, P1:0c, P2:0c, P1:0c, P2: Drake, match row to kill
Fl2-P1:Dios, swipe
Fl3-P2:Spica(Orochi), 1c, P1:pass, P2:Dios, swipe, P1:ping
Fl4-P2:pass, P1:Dios, swipe
Fl5-P2:ALB, match row to kill
Fl6-P1:ALB(Carat), Dios, swipe
Fl7-P2:Dios, swipe(Match lock orbs for combo)
Notes:
1.Team needs full SBR
2.Vishnu can be any 2 SBR sub with a short CD active, and preferably a wood sub attribute. Orochi on Spica can be any 2 turns+ delay.
3.Min SB depends on the delay on P1, in this case 21. If you need more SB, P1 can replace one Dios w/ Tengu(Australis). Use it on Fl2.
4.G/D Astaroth, Ace bastet or G/R Parvati can replace Spica, but you must replace one dios with Tengu(Australis) on P1 for the missing SBR and maybe SB.
5.For P1, Dios that used on Fl4&6 needs 3 SDR and 2 SDR respectively, or inherit.
6.Everything except Vishnu must be hypermaxed for consistency.

I don't have Carat but can bring Muse.

Edit. Found someone on discord so I'm good.

So apparently, if all your skills are ready you can't use a skill that gives haste if it would have no other effect. Yuki tries to use inherited Fujin because he doesn't need it and just wants to start the base CD of his Yomi charging again but can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDY1OdxJbwE&feature=youtu.be&t=21m00s

I imagine this could screw you if you needed the base skill and wouldn't get it in time because of this.

yes this is frustrating, it's happened a few times when I've wanted to dump an inherit but if it's an orb changer and there are no orbs that can be changed (i.e. dark to light but no dark orbs on the board), it won't let you use the skill

annoying as hell.

Spoit

Anyone have a team suggestion for the lvl 10 no-awakening tier? It's kicking my ass.

I guess if nothing else works, I could just stone it. I have like 70 stocked up after doing all those normal challenges

Do Shiro skill ups even exist on Int difficulty? Did 30 runs and didn't a single silver egg on floor 2. Saw a few on floors 4 and 5 until I started abandoning runs after 2 floors.

W-00

Rolled four times on the God Carnival on each account.

Alt:
Exa-Hydra (one of the best silvers, so I'm happy about this)
Perseus (first, so I'm pleased about it)
Sleeping Beauty (at least it hadn't had her yet)
Michael (first)

I suppose I could now make a decent team for that account's Kaede (Kaede/Ishida/Sylvie/Perseus/Michael).

Main:
Black Chester (dupe)
Sadalmelik (first on my main. My alt has three)
Liu Bei (third)
Evil Knight, Creuse (if the machine had to give me a dark knight, I would have preferred Dark Dragon Swordsman)

My main wants its stones back. Or at least an idea of what to do with three Liu Bei.

LiQuid!

Holy fuck why did I roll on this garbage?!

main:

leona okita, trash and a dupe to boot
kano, more trash
forestbahn

alt:

vhajrabhairava, whatever, at least its a pantheon and not a dupe
DIAMOND EGG - oh its a fucking gryps rider, fuck off gung ho...
lemon dragon

God damned trap carnival

Bladelaw

I rolled a few times hoping for something.
Main:
Robin Hood (New)
Freyja (wrong norse, dupe)
Famiel (dupe)
Cinderella silver
BValk (Dupe)
5* Cinderella
SIMA YI

I'm gonna call that a win. Not sure what use I have for a dupe Bvalk but I'll keep her around if they ever give them split evos.

Quantum

Main: not rolling

Alt: GGY, Folen Lazule

Logic: Main doesn't need gods (needs fujin or carat only), Alt needs a ton of dark subs and a ton of blue subs.

LiQuid!

Still rolling cause I'm a god damned idiot.

Main: silver, dupe, sold

Alt: Robin Hood, dupe

Dang it.

Aesnath

Anyone has a cheese Minerva lead that I can friend? Mine has 5 fire resists and can inherit either RGY or Sakuya.

335413460 ID Aesnath

I'm probably not the answer to your prayers, but I run R.Minerva often enough that you should see her regularly with me. My first slot is Gremory, but I've been running Meri a lot lately. I can put Minerva in slot one upon request. Minerva has five fire latents, and I have a sakuya, but I usually have ilm on her. Either way, it's an option, I'll make a slot for you.

Anyone have a team suggestion for the lvl 10 no-awakening tier? It's kicking my ass.

I guess if nothing else works, I could just stone it. I have like 70 stocked up after doing all those normal challenges

I've tried so many different things and none have worked. The consensus seems to be you need a well developed Myr team or an Aizen team to really do it fairly.

I've also seen someone use a water team, bring a tengu. Kill Gigas outright, then tengu switch on Siren. As long as you can heal to over half every few turns, you can stall forever on her for skills. Then just bring skills to kill the rest of the dungeon. I suspect, with luck or stones, I could use this strategy with Meri, but my tengu isn't skilled and I'm not convinced I want to waste a bunch of woodpys on this venture.

I've also seen some people use Myr in coop to gravity cheese the dungeon. You need probably three trailo/touen true gravities along with like four zheras. In coop, myr can survive the execution of of the first two floors, letting you stall until the gravities are up. Bring a true damage for michael, then gravity the phoenix and satan to death. Since I have four touen actives (none skilled though, lot of waiting), I could probably do this, but I've not sought a partner in it.

Do Shiro skill ups even exist on Int difficulty? Did 30 runs and didn't a single silver egg on floor 2. Saw a few on floors 4 and 5 until I started abandoning runs after 2 floors.

I've used two bars of stamina on this at various difficulties. Have not seen a single allura skill up. I'm close to giving up.

Really frustrated by PAD this week.

W-00

I rolled a few more times on my alt.

Dragonette (dupe, sold)
Amaterasu! (Not sure what I'll do with her, but I love the card, so I'm quite pleased with this. Even if she's only ever a box cheerleader for my alt I'll probably still hypermax her)
Haku!!!!!!!!!!!!! (first)

Yeah, no matter what happens from here on out, this carnival has been a win for my alt.

...why are y'all rolling on this mess?

smh

I'm back at 100 stones, I'm ready to use them on something worthwhile

I rolled a few times hoping for something.
Main:
Robin Hood (New)
Freyja (wrong norse, dupe)
Famiel (dupe)
Cinderella silver
BValk (Dupe)
5* Cinderella
SIMA YI

I'm gonna call that a win. Not sure what use I have for a dupe Bvalk but I'll keep her around if they ever give them split evos.

Sima Yi's active is incredible. It almost always is able to provide an amazing board, doesn't break hearts, and deals with locks all in one go. And the cooldown isn't bad. By far the most used active on my D.Athena team.

Top Bottom