• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

My alt had more stones than my main, so I had it give the HREM a test-roll, hoping for Momiji or Romia. Result: Sheena (4th). Yeah, other than the rolls from the dungeon, I think I'm done with the HREM.

Well, at least that's yet another inherit for my alt's Satsuki team.

Speaking of my alt's Satsuki team, it occurs to me that Revo Haku is an attacker, and thus eligible for leader Satsuki's bonus. It would probably be worthwhile to sub her in. The base team is leader Satsuki/sub Satsuki (x2)/Barbara/Halloween Mulan. I guess for dungeons without binds she'd replace Mulan, who is only there as an unbindable bind-clear.

Quantum

yeah, I'm a little shocked at how lucky I was today, and although tempted - I am not buying a pack to "press my luck" at the moment.

I want to see how maintenance turns out and whether we get that neat five year anniversary dungeon that JPN got concomitant with the second appearance of heroine REM.

Rainbow egg dropped from Nargacuga! Finally!

It was a Tigrex Fang! Fuck!

I now have the rare mats to make all the hunters asides from the two good ones

Jagernaut

Last time I pulled

Barbara
Navi
Momiji x4
Kuvia X3
Mito
Sheena

This time I pulled twice and got dupes of Barbara and Sheena. Sucks. At least they were all free stones.

divusrex

Rainbow egg dropped from Nargacuga! Finally!

It was a Tigrex Fang! Fuck!

I now have the rare mats to make all the hunters asides from the two good ones

I feel your pain, I was in your shoes up until today when I finally got the Nargacuga fang after 2 Tigrex Fangs. You still have until the end of the week to get it, so good luck!

Aesnath

Yesterday was kind of magical. Zerog8 ranked me up in three runs, meaning I could play tama dungeon, then play it a few times to rank. Today, I'm not so lucky.

I decided to buck the trend and rolled on the god carnival. Green Wee Jas. So, not awful, but not too good either.

Bladelaw

Sadly my jp account isn't developed enough to really do much with Monster Hunter. I'm mostly just collecting freebies. It has some great leads but is missing vital sub support, Meri but no Andromeda, ReiMyr but no rainbow boards, rag drags, ronoves, etc.

I should really just plow through the normals with Meri, I have enough to get that off the ground at least. The main reason I don't pull much on JP is I never know WTF gala/godfest is going on. Does PadGuide have that info for JP?

Ducarmel

Yes padguide will have gatcha info availabe, and the chinese website skyozora is easy enough to figure out what is goong on in jp server.

My alt got Uruka in only 2 pulls, other then null damage absorb she does nothing for my alt.

Purchased a pack.

Ended up only rolling 6 times.

Ended with Meri (2nd), Julie and 4 Mels.

Planning on inheriting Famiel (no Skuld available) on Julie. Anyone have any idea on the best subs for Julie? My normal subs in Ryune, Hermes and B! Eschamali are currently no goes.

Although my Andro and B! Meimei seems ok.

Bladelaw

Purchased a pack.

Ended up only rolling 6 times.

Ended with Meri (2nd), Julie and 4 Mels.

Planning on inheriting Famiel (no Skuld available) on Julie. Anyone have any idea on the best subs for Julie? My normal subs in Ryune, Hermes and B! Eschamali are currently no goes.

Although my Andro and B! Meimei seems ok.

Andromeda, Sarasvati (SB stick), Alrescha, Xmas Paulina, Scheat, Awoken Sun Quan, Beach Sonia (as inherit), Beach Mei Mei

Bladelaw

Made the mistake of rolling a bunch more. Nothing new (Missing Illmina, Uruka, and Julie) so I had enough MP to buy Odindra. So I guess I have a few new options for teams.

bjork

Are there new characters in this batch, or is it the same as last time? I have multiples of some of them from last time, so it's hard to justify pulling on it, but I hate to miss someone that's really key.

Bladelaw

Are there new characters in this batch, or is it the same as last time? I have multiples of some of them from last time, so it's hard to justify pulling on it, but I hate to miss someone that's really key.

The new Arrivals are Juie (6*) and Uruka (7*). Julie is a usable blue prong lead that can pair with a few other leads for a hard hitting tanky blue/green team. Uruka is Dkali + Fujin. Her active skill is on an absurdly long cooldown but gives you a dkali board and fujin's damage absorb null.

Everything else is back from last time.

Also I pulled 6 Navi's. What kind of cruel RNG would do that to a person? Oh well hopefully Odin Dragon is worth it.

W-00

Julie and Uruka are new. But they're 6* and 7*, respectively, so your odds of getting them in a reasonable number of rolls are... not great.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

bjork

I'll hang back then, I guess. Meri is pretty reliable for the stuff I've been doing.

I'm just glad Voltron is over. I will forever be mad about that one.

Aesnath

I have really mixed feelings about 5x great/super with no skill-up bonus. It meant that, despite running zerog a bunch of times yesterday, he's stuck at skill level four. I've decided I'm just going to use tans to skill hinomitsua, as there doesn't seem like an easier time to run it frequently.

On the other hand, I might finally level revo Persephone, who, through no fault of her own, has been languishing at level one for a few weeks. I'm hopeful that this update will have revo pandora as well.

I'll hang back then, I guess. Meri is pretty reliable for the stuff I've been doing.

I'm just glad Voltron is over. I will forever be mad about that one.

You never know, maybe it will come back around season three of the show and not suck as bad. I still think the 4* were better than average; it just needed something worth chasing to be worth rolling on.

I have really mixed feelings about 5x great/super with no skill-up bonus. It meant that, despite running zerog a bunch of times yesterday, he's stuck at skill level four. I've decided I'm just going to use tans to skill hinomitsua, as there doesn't seem like an easier time to run it frequently.

On the other hand, I might finally level revo Persephone, who, through no fault of her own, has been languishing at level one for a few weeks. I'm hopeful that this update will have revo pandora as well.

You never know, maybe it will come back around season three of the show and not suck as bad. I still think the 4* were better than average; it just needed something worth chasing to be worth rolling on.
It's going to change to 5x Skill Ups in a week so you could save them if you have the box space. I'm till hunting for mine and I have about 50 saved for when she spawns. Someday...

bjork

It's less about Voltron and more that those would've been the dudes from the Crows collab that Japan got, which I would've gone in super deep rolling for everyone. I love Crows :(

Aesnath

It's going to change to 5x Skill Ups in a week so you could save them if you have the box space. I'm till hunting for mine and I have about 50 saved for when she spawns. Someday...

Nah, I suck. I rarely buy box space, so it is hard to horde skill ups to stuff. As for the hino, I just sort of lucked up last time they had descended XP bonus and an increased rate of her showing up (maybe ran twenty times). Incidentally, I feel obligated to skill her up.

It's less about Voltron and more that those would've been the dudes from the Crows collab that Japan got, which I would've gone in super deep rolling for everyone. I love Crows :(

Ah, well, I can't help you there.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does Rodin inherit work on predras? If not what's any other option for dealing with them?
The couple times I had to deal with them I just threw my Anji on one of my teams which isn't super efficient. I don't have Ra or any other multi-target lazer to inherit.

WOOOO!! Got me a Heph dragon with Revo Yomi in solo.

Big HP Badge
Revo Yomi
DAth
Revo Haku
Thanatos
DK Tsubaki
Yomi

It's kinda yolo but it worked pretty well.

FL1. Kill if you have a board, tank a hit if you don't and try again next turn. Use Haku if you still don't have a board. Use Yomi for extra move time.

FL2. Use Thanatos and chill while healing up. Don't activate 5o1e or you risk putting him into green and taking damage. After his shield drops, delay him with DAth and hit him hard when ready. If you have any actives use them now and try and set up a board for the next floor. Ping with a sub color to finish him off.

FL3. My plan was to one-shot him, ping him after he heals to 50%, tank a hit, and then kill. I ended up flubbing the first 2 turns and getting red 5o1e and 7 combos on the third which made Tsubaki do around 60mill to him. He was under resolve so I stoned and luckily was able to activate and kill.

Nah, I suck. I rarely buy box space, so it is hard to horde skill ups to stuff. As for the hino, I just sort of lucked up last time they had descended XP bonus and an increased rate of her showing up (maybe ran twenty times). Incidentally, I feel obligated to skill her up.

As for the hino, I just sort of lucked up last time they had descended XP bonus and an increased rate of her showing up (maybe ran twenty times)

(maybe ran twenty times)

:''''''''(

I've ran it over 100 times by now.

Does Rodin inherit work on predras? If not what's any other option for dealing with them?
The couple times I had to deal with them I just threw my Anji on one of my teams which isn't super efficient. I don't have Ra or any other multi-target lazer to inherit.
Yes he works, poison is true damage. His skill has a long CD tho so depending on how fast you are plowing through something it might not be up in time when inherited.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
momiji
momiji
kuvia
julie
momiji

I feel like im typing out a nursery rhyme. Anyway, happy about julie, though resolve bosses are a pain going into any dungeon blind now.

I'm ready for the Mel late hit <3 column meta.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What's Elgenubi good for? I just pulled one on both accounts. Her awakenings seem bad and her leader skill seems mediocre too as well as needing machines which I don't really have.

W-00

What's Elgenubi good for? I just pulled one on both accounts. Her awakenings seem bad and her leader skill seems mediocre too as well as needing machines which I don't really have.

She's the fire Eschamali. Her awakenings ensure that every fire orb you get from skyfall will be enhanced and her active increases your odds of getting them.

I use Elgenubi on my main's Yamamoto team, but I'd probably use her on just about any fire team without type restrictions that would exclude her.

I've been considering making an Elgenubi team with a couple Kuvia and Antares on it. It would be pretty orb-hungry for max-activation, but I think it would do respectable damage. The only reason I haven't is that Yamamoto is so much easier.

her awakenings are actually really good if you already have a few damage subs, the passive damage increase with all the OEs is insane

amazing active and a top-tier inherit, there's a reason Eschamali is so prized for dark teams and it's because she keeps the dark orbs going for several turns without needing to pop another active

quite high stats (900+ weighted) for a non-revo or mega-evo card

I wish I had one, she's useful in some capacity on any fire team basically

LiQuid!

The only red team I run is Krishy who doesn't need any more OE's on his team. I'm comparing her side by side to all my current subs for both my Krishna teams and she doesn't really beat anybody.

Quantum

oh to burn challenge mode now or wait until I'm dying for stones....

plus today might be the easiest xp/stamina (made a modified ALB team for god rush x4)

Bladelaw

I put Kushi up. Not sure what to inherit on her. Also I'm bad at the game. Kushi is a nice reminder of that even with almost 10 seconds of move time.

Done and done
C_d2nALUMAAumwl.jpg:small

When are we getting that Asmodeus buff though?

Aesnath

Well, time to bask in the mediocrity of revo Pandora. I just hate that she is so close to being solid, but you need a board flood to do any damage, which is capped at an anemic 42x for 10(!) freakn' orbs. I just don't understand their play balance for these buffs and evos. Some seem designed to just piss people off.

:''''''''(

I've ran it over 100 times by now.

Yeah, that sucks. If it is any consolation, it was during a 2x invade event and it is so far the only alternate invade I've seen.

Kwhit10

What's people's revo kush teams?

Right now I'm using kush/Revo Haku x2/Ras/Mito

I could use wee jas instead.

Not sure if I should use non-healer like Sima Yi for the 7 combo awakening.

LiQuid!

I thought I heard Dzy say this was the folder update last night. I guess I was lied to.

I'll try out the boxes when I get home, but lowkey the two things I'm most excited about are the MP cap change (so I can clear out mail) and checking a leader skill during a dungeon for those pesky Medjedra spawns, heh

LiQuid!

Saw another option in there and looked it up:

In the <Other><Options><System> Menu there is now an option for "Record Sorting Order"

If you turn that on, then when you go into "Power-Up Fusion" and you are selecting the base monster, you can sort that display of your monster box by "Favorite" (for example, or whatever you prefer), and select the monster you want to power up. Then when you go into "Add Many", you can sort that display to "Skill", for example if you've been farming skillups, or CHR if you're looking to dump off the dragons or other XP fodder you just farmed.

When you're done fusing that monster and go back to select a new base monster, the monster box for selecting the base monster still be sorted by Favorite, not "Skill" or "CHR" or whatever was last done. So now Monster Box, Sell Monsters, Power Up, Evo/Ult Evo, ect. pages will all save their own sorting order, rather than always being just whichever sort order you used last on any of the pages...

This is fresh as hell! I hate having to back and forth between sort options so damn much! Was this just added too? I needed both of these options so bad.

Top Bottom