• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

yay I finally beat A2 on my third try... combo shields are evil

now at least I can attempt A3

still never co-op'd an Arena, it seems like it would be a chore unless you're doing a self co-op or in the same room with someone

Jagernaut

C10 no awakenings cheese - may try later

Theres a coop cheese for it with Myr. Basically both teams bring Myr and four gravities that will kill. (Two Zeras and two of the Trailokya skillups, one Zera, one MZeus and two traiokyas, whatever combo you have). One side inherits true damage on myr for Michael. Then you just stall all skills up on FL1. You only need to heart cross every fourth turn when he attacks, and use the other three turns to heal up. Myr is your panic button if you get heart trolled. Once all skills are up, kill Gigas and the Siren with natural orbs, use true damage on michael, and then each side uses their gravities to kill floors 4 and 5. Definitely grade A cheese, but better than wasting two stones on it....

Spoit

I guess I'm saving my stones for the next wisdom kings godfest. Since trailoka seems to be the key to so many cheese strats now (and really, kinda has a good power in general)

Bladelaw

I went 7/16 on predra runs. Thems pretty good odds. I think I have enough to hold me over for a bit.

I'm wondering what the best use of Sima Yi is for me. I can inherit him on haku but I lose a board change doing that. Same deal if I just run him straight. Locks aren't a problem in arena so I guess I'll use him to farm mZeus or something?

Quantum

Folders are coming!
And so am i

4x descended Xp too
Time to awaken everything!

kinda bummed that tech 4x is ending, hopefully the 4x descend will allow me to chain rank.

about to start predra inf, just burned my previous farm on my dath teams, hopefully I get a few.

btw 4x tech (arena specifically) was fantastic.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
yay snow globe rush coming next week

I already have like 10 of each but I will stock up regardless.

Man, how... I've got so many revos I need to level up and I've been scrounging for shitty daily metals

Man, how... I've got so many revos I need to level up and I've been scrounging for shitty daily metals

I mostly leave stuff unevolved until I need it... Most of my snow globes are from that one GF where GungHo inaccurately said the monsters would pop out at max level, they didn't, and we got snow globes as compensation.

So my mail and quests are full of them

blew most of my dark ones on D.Athena stuff and a ReHades team for cheesing Hera Dragon

I'd put together a ReAstaroth team if I wasn't lazy, I think I have ok-ish subs

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok well I found my problem then. I max out cards I have absolutely no immediate use for if I deem them "good enough that I might use them someday... maybe", just because I see god damned Dzy's box where like half his cards is hypermaxed dupes and he can just make any team he wants on the fly just with all the crap he has laying around and I get jealous.

yami4ct

Yeah, my strategy has always been to just build what I have immediate use for or use for in the very near future in cases like Revo Kush where I have all the cards ready for when she drops. Usually I have enough mail to max everything when I need to. Sometimes that means I don't have the evo mats ready when I want to make a new team, but a few visits to the coin dungeons or at the very worst waiting a week fixes that. Usually I have enough mail to +297 everything too.

I have a habit of holding onto too many copies of REM monsters because of SI and things, but that's a less costly habit to have and has actively served me well given the deflation of MP and general usefulness of dupes going through the roof.

Quantum

was co-oping with myself (ios to android)

Pad on IOS froze, the game locked and entered single player mode on android - IOS PAD went wonky and showed me a random screen and now it can't connect to servers after restart.

Never happened before - granted the stamina loss is annoying, of course happened on the last floor of a dungeon I haven't completed before, android gets the stone - IOS still can't connect.

edit: restarted phone, pad restarted no problem - here is the odd thing - the 50 stamina I used before IOS pad crashed is back 0.o

bjork

I evolved all of the heroines that I had: Meri, Kuvia, Sheena, Mito, Barbara, and Ilmina. I still need to do Mel, but I'm lacking evolvers. No idea if that's the entire batch of those characters, but under CHR those are all grouped together for me, so those are the ones I have.

I think the next little bit, I'll level the characters I need to use for awoken evolutions and whatnot. I went from having very few for a long time when I used Kushinadahime as my main leader, to having a few more when I used New Year's Amaterasu, to having a ton with Meri as my main leader. Evolving some guys to get my box cleared out would be great!

So, I know bad RNG is always a risk but it seems a particularly potent problem for DAthena in A3. If the right orbs don't drop for you to keep blowing through, you lose. You can use an active to get a board, but then you lose because you don't have it later for the floor it's supposed to be used on.

Made it past Lifive but then died to Beelz because no active. :(

hermit7

So, I know bad RNG is always a risk but it seems a particularly potent problem for DAthena in A3. If the right orbs don't drop for you to keep blowing through, you lose. You can use an active to get a board, but then you lose because you don't have it later for the floor it's supposed to be used on.

Made it past Lifive but then died to Beelz because no active. :(

Same issue when I had ran it. Popped Haku earlier and didn't have an active for Beelz.

Bladelaw

Ugh I know that feeling. Beelz ruined my Noah dragon plan, I even got a good starting damage absorb.

I max skilled a Cauchemar for Future Kushi and Ruel use. It was a pain in the ass because I've been burning green tans on way too many things so I had to do him mostly the old fashioned way. The Tan infestation refused to drop greens so that was swell.

C10 no awakenings cheese - may try later
Trying this now. I've stalled 99 turns for Noah descended so this will be the second longest stall ever.

EDIT: LOL never mind, didn't actually the 25k hp needed to survive the gigas hit after shield. Time to level some zheras.

EDIT2: Well, 8 stones later and nothing to show for it. Tried to do the cheese setup with only one set of gravities so I could actually kill early floors and because phoenix never resurrected on DzyDino's stream so I thought Padx was wrong. But, around 40% it did so I burned gravities on it and then tried to rage stone through Satan. I got him to blue but then I didn't think I could make it the rest of the way with the 4 I have left so I quit. :(

W-00

Ugh, for some reason I thought the Voltron collab had skill-up materials for the 4* cards, so I just wasted an entire stamina bar trying to farm them.

On a more positive note, my alt has managed to fully skill, plus, awaken, and revo the Haku it rolled yesterday. It helped that I'd already farmed the boss drops in preparation for eventually rolling a Haku. All that's left is to level her up.

Which leads me back to thinking about what sort of DAthena team my alt could make. It still doesn't have any suitable 2-SBR subs, but it would mostly be for coop, and you don't need a 2-SBR sub for coop. I figure Haku and Eschamali are definitely on the team. Coop would allow me to use Lumiel directly, too. Lastly would be one of DMeta, Grida, Beach Claire, or Hinomitsuha, with a Karin inherited on top. It would have no heart-gen (unless Hinomitsuha got lucky while there was trash on the board), but otherwise I don't think it would be a bad team for coop. If it really needed heart-gen, I suppose I could slot Ryune into the last slot. She's vital to my alt's Meri team, so I couldn't inherit her, but at least she has the right colors.

But I suppose thinking about this now is just a waste of time. I'm waiting on DAthena until I've seen what will be added to the Wedding and Beach REMs. By then I may have better options, or be aiming for something else entirely.

Jagernaut

Trying this now. I've stalled 99 turns for Noah descended so this will be the second longest stall ever.

EDIT: LOL never mind, didn't actually the 25k hp needed to survive the gigas hit after shield. Time to level some zheras.

EDIT2: Well, 8 stones later and nothing to show for it. Tried to do the cheese setup with only one set of gravities so I could actually kill early floors and because phoenix never resurrected on DzyDino's stream so I thought Padx was wrong. But, around 40% it did so I burned gravities on it and then tried to rage stone through Satan. I got him to blue but then I didn't think I could make it the rest of the way with the 4 I have left so I quit. :(

That strategy is much better in co-op with 2 sets of gravities.

I tried Myr solo (with +15% hp badge) and got to Satan but messed up the heart cross on the kill shot.
Might try again later.

Myr- Elia
R Apollo- Ra
A DQXQ
Apocalypse
R Venus - Muse
Myr - Apocalypse

bjork

After quite a while, I came across a Blue Chaser and was able to evolve that Karin that I think is from... Halloween? She's doing the Thriller dance in the art. I'm not sure that she's better than Awoken Karin, because she doesn't have a resistance to skill bind, but the water/dark/wood special works nicely with Sitri and Meri's specials for a full board of blue orbs.

I'm missing a Zhou Yu to get my Awoken Karin going, but hopefully that becomes available again soon. Awoken Karin has skill bind resist, so she can replace the Amaterasu I've been using as a placeholder. I'm not sure how much difference a water/water character will make in terms of attack over a light/water one, but it seems like a good fit once I have her ready.

That strategy is much better in co-op with 2 sets of gravities.

I tried Myr solo (with +15% hp badge) and got to Satan but messed up the heart cross on the kill shot.
Might try again later.

Myr- Elia
R Apollo- Ra
A DQXQ
Apocalypse
R Venus - Muse
Myr - Apocalypse
I was in coop and tried dual gravities at first but didn't have the HP to take the hits or the RCV to heal enough in between them. Need to max my zheras I guess. Oh well, I was able to clear 9 - No Dupes, which was the only one I really cared about since I want the Phys Killer for DAth.

Is it even possible to deal all that damage with no awakes with Myr? When I did hit satan I wasn't even able to crack 2mil per card with a hyper maxed team and Kanna active. It wasn't a perfect board but there were multiple light matches but I don't think a couple more would have made the difference. What did you use to burst down phoenix?

After quite a while, I came across a Blue Chaser and was able to evolve that Karin that I think is from... Halloween? She's doing the Thriller dance in the art. I'm not sure that she's better than Awoken Karin, because she doesn't have a resistance to skill bind, but the water/dark/wood special works nicely with Sitri and Meri's specials for a full board of blue orbs.

I'm missing a Zhou Yu to get my Awoken Karin going, but hopefully that becomes available again soon. Awoken Karin has skill bind resist, so she can replace the Amaterasu I've been using as a placeholder. I'm not sure how much difference a water/water character will make in terms of attack over a light/water one, but it seems like a good fit once I have her ready.
It's available right now for 5 coins and 50 stam in the Descended Carnival (Legend) coin dungeon! He drops from the Arrival Carnival 1 sub dungeon.

Jagernaut

I was in coop and tried dual gravities at first but didn't have the HP to take the hits or the RCV to heal enough in between them. Need to max my zheras I guess. Oh well, I was able to clear 9 - No Dupes, which was the only one I really cared about since I want the Phys Killer for DAth.

Is it even possible to deal all that damage with no awakes with Myr? When I did hit satan I wasn't even able to crack 2mil per card with a hyper maxed team and Kanna active. It wasn't a perfect board but there were multiple light matches but I don't think a couple more would have made the difference. What did you use to burst down phoenix?

It's available right now for 5 coins and 50 stam in the Descended Carnival (Legend) coin dungeon! He drops from the Arrival Carnival 1 sub dungeon.

I know it's possible, see YouTube video https://youtu.be/vUjkVU-KBOs

I ground Phoenix down to just over 50% with no skills then killed with just a Apocalypse active. I was planning to kill Satan over 2 turns (both enhanced by Muse). Apocalypse + Elia + Venus (should have switched inherits between Apollo and Venus) turn 1. ADQXQ on turn 2. Messed up the heart cross the first turn and gave up.

Edit. Using Izanagi/Myr instead of double Myr gives 2x rcv but you lose 2 seconds movement time.

Bladelaw

I'm using Dathena to burn through the high money coin dungeons (Super-Ultimate Dragon Rush and Ultimate Yamato Rush) so I won't have to do it later, don't forget to grab your EKMD stone while it's 5 coins instead of 50 million too.

LiQuid!

Decided to roll on this stupid heroine machine again and got a Mito on the main (non dupe) and a Mel on the alt (dupe). This machine sucks. None of these monsters is worth 10 stones aside from Meri and I'm never going to pull her once, much less on both accounts. I don't know why I even try.

Aesnath

Well, I had a PAD breakdown this weekend.

Basically, by Saturday, I decided that I was just flipping tired of thinking about C10 no awoken and C11. I think part of it was that I was sure that I could spike C11 with Meri, but that I was gated by a dungeon that I had no good way of tackling. Moreover, the rewards were kind of mediocre (not exactly the most desirable killers). Either way, I realized if I didn't just do something about it, it was going to bother me for the rest of the weekend.

I stoned up with 30 and got ready for the long haul. I burned a total of 12 woodpys to skill my tengu, god rest their soul. I went in with Meri/Tengu (lumia)/Andromeda (ryune)/Beach Metatron (Izanagi)/Blodin Tamazo. The plan was to kill gigas outright, switch to tengu lead and stall on siren. Then, after killing her, use lumiel on michael, live for a few turns for tengu to be back up, switch back to Meri and kill phoenix using a Meri active. Then, for Satan, Ryune->Meri->Blodin Tamazo->Izagni for the kill.

Floor 1: It took three tries to get enough skyfall to kill gigas. (Down one stone for stamina)

Floor 2: I was pretty successful on stalling on Siren, but the real problem became killing her without using actives. It took a long time. While I only needed to heel about 1/2 the turns, I ended up using Andromeda for more hearts, twice, under the assumption that I could stall for her to be back up eventually. First stone to continue came after the green bind. I had been planning for it, so B. Meta was back up. I used her, but forgot where I was on the turn count and then died. A second time on siren, just due to heart troll. But I eventually killed her. (Down three stones total)

Floor 3: Lumiel active.

Floor 4: Made what I could of the Lumiel board, did a little damage. Tengu was up, switched, then used the meri active. Only did about 1/2 damage. I really should have checked this floor for damage. Either way, stone two happened, dropped enough water for a full activation, at that point, we are a little above 40%. I'm just trying to heal. Second execution and stone drops a bunch of water and dark orbs. Looking at my options, a meri will be up in six turns. I make the decision that this is probably my best shot, and I'll just eat an execution from Satan as well. Meri drops the remaining 40% of the phoenix. (Down five stones total).

Floor 5. "Plan" works, I eat an execution, but Meri is up before the second one, and I one-shot it (Six stones total)

So...six stones.

Ultra satan took a couple of tries too, but I realized that I needed to have carat up for two turns, as I was only spiking for about 500 million on the last turn. Worked out though.

If we discount the stones for C11 and completing the challenge dungeons overall, I'm out four stones for piece of mind and two killer latents.

I can also gripe about Voltron skill-up drop rates, as Allura didn't get her last one, despite a lot of effort on Sunday.

As for HREM, I'm still disinclined to roll much. I just don't know what I'm hoping for. Julia would be cool, as I have a bunch of TPA water cards, but I just don't know.

Also PSA New version is up on tuesday night, so get your challenge mode clears in.

raiot

So, there goes my pull luck for the next few months... did 10 rolls, 9 on my Main and 1 on my Alt.
My alt got Julie
My main hit the Jackpot: Elgenubi, Romia, Uruka!

So now I'm sitting here with Uruka in my box, and no Fujin and thinking... can I pull off a 24 CD inherit on my D.Athena? Or should i use her in her dark form. The Problem is, I have a perfect D.Athena Team besides the Fujin inherit...

Bladelaw

So, there goes my pull luck for the next few months... did 10 rolls, 9 on my Main and 1 on my Alt.
My alt got Julie
My main hit the Jackpot: Elgenubi, Romia, Uruka!

So now I'm sitting here with Uruka in my box, and no Fujin and thinking... can I pull off a 24 CD inherit on my D.Athena? Or should i use her in her dark form. The Problem is, I have a perfect D.Athena Team besides the Fujin inherit...

So a couple things: I keep fujin on Dathena pretty much 24/7 in my BF slot so you shouldn't need that. If you have it I'd put Uruka on Ra Dragon or something. If you want to put her on Dath I'd go for dark form for the inherit stat boost. Look at it this way: It's a guaranteed activation (even if it's just 3+3) and really you should be saving Fujin/Uruka for Hera Dragon/Vishnu so you should have time to charge it up in A3. Either way awesome pulls!

I was in a public place when I pulled heroine rem so I had to scream internally.

Good or bad screaming?

--------------

I'm working on an Astaroth A3 team. I think I'm most of the way there. Here's what I'm planning on running with:
Revo Astaroth (Australis)
Revo Astaroth (Ras)
Michael (unsure, thinking either spike or Verdandi)
Awoken Artemis (Spike or board change, whatever isn't on Michael)
Romia (Cauchemar)
Revo Astaroth (Delay)

The team has over 100k HP (like 110k) so I think Cauchemar's shield will eat damn near any attack besides the last few floor's GTFO attacks. Spike would be Cameo since I'm running 13 rows. I'm not sure I have a solid answer for Heph unless I swap Artemis for Freyja though. I should be able to chip out predras, I can control damage pretty well barring a skyfall row so I'm not too worried about Vishnu, Hera Dragon, Sopdet, etc.

Gravities aren't as bad as I'd feared since I'm sitting on ~5k RCV. I'm not going from 1% to full on 3 hearts but it should be enough to keep me out of trouble while I heal. Griffin-->Predras while heart trolled is a concern but Michael should get me out of that. Also with Romia I can drop the Time Extend badge and run the RCV badge.

raiot

So a couple things: I keep fujin on Dathena pretty much 24/7 in my BF slot so you shouldn't need that. If you have it I'd put Uruka on Ra Dragon or something. If you want to put her on Dath I'd go for dark form for the inherit stat boost. Look at it this way: It's a guaranteed activation (even if it's just 3+3) and really you should be saving Fujin/Uruka for Hera Dragon/Vishnu so you should have time to charge it up in A3. Either way awesome pulls!

Yeah, i know that, but my main benefit would be... My alt also has a perfect D.Athena Team minus Fujin. So I could co-op with myself with a perfect team!
But you're right, it really is a 100% activation and it also has the benefit that i can heal up with it!

Quantum

debating pulling in the heroine again, certainly the only thing I would like is the absorb clear.

I have no need for additional Gods/GFE (obviously except fujin)

I have 3 rolls possible with the heroine (I doubt I would have the control to stop rolling) versus 6 rolls at the next GFE.

so the question is trying to roll a 7 star in the heroine REM versus trying to roll a 6 star GFE with 50 other GFEs.

(I've never been able to roll for a GFE on demand lol).

debating pulling in the heroine again, certainly the only thing I would like is the absorb clear.

Yeh this is where I'm at... Ilmina would be lovely but I certainly don't need her, and Uruka or Julie would be great but then I think of how much more value I would get from 10 rolls in a good GF vs. 5 in this.

I might throw a pity roll but I'm just holding out for an Indra at this point.

Bladelaw

Not rolling in this is safe if you have:
Meri, Illmina, Romia, or maybe Elgenubi from the last go around.

It's probably worth a few rolls looking for the above and hoping for a godly drop. Navi is a troll but still has farming implications as an SBR stick, Kuvia, Sheena, and Momiji are all decent cards or at least inherits as consolation prizes.

Did JP ever get another GFE only REM post Heroine 2? If you're looking for Fujin I'd save for that over rolling this.

jiggle

Id love to roll for a meri on alt to go with main but totally not risking it
Will get 1-3 free rolls from gachadra anyway I think

Did JP ever get another GFE only REM post Heroine 2? If you're looking for Fujin I'd save for that over rolling this.
The latest one they had was that with 6x rates

Quantum

Not rolling in this is safe if you have:
Meri, Illmina, Romia, or maybe Elgenubi from the last go around.

It's probably worth a few rolls looking for the above and hoping for a godly drop. Navi is a troll but still has farming implications as an SBR stick, Kuvia, Sheena, and Momiji are all decent cards or at least inherits as consolation prizes.

Probably a good Idea to wait, I pulled way too many times the first time the heroine rem came around for Meri on both main and alt accounts. I think I burned 5 or 6 packs to land her on both.

in the aftermath my main account ended up with Meri, Romia(3), Navi, and my alt account ended up with Meri, Illmina, romia (3), Elgenubi (plus a ton of the others)

not that I need to justify it, but I ended up rolling so many times on my alt account (alternating the heroine rem with the godfest) because I had never spent money on my alt account prior and needed both the MP and mobs to buy and fill a D.Ath team to self co-op.

(also the money used to buy the packs came from a freak need for overtime by my job - PAD is used often during breaks at my job to keep my sanity - so I guess I rationalized myself into over pulling)

Rolled twice on the God fest and the Collab. Got:
-Chester (dupe)
-Goetia
-Barbara
-Mito (not new but I sold my original off for my Dathena fund; and even if I have a three-legged Dath team, I still don't regret it. But I guess I'll finally evolve this one.)

Anyway, I'm super close to the Rank 500 roll. I think I'll reach it by the end of the month. These 4x exp rates are treating me real good.

Negator

In the hunt for a Romia and Julie, I snagged dupes of Julie, Ilmina, Barbara, Elgenubi, and Meri.

So now I have all of them but Uruka, and I'm not going to chase that.

Aesnath

I think it'd be fun to have a Julie, and I'd really like a Sheena (by god, someday I might get good with Anubis...maybe...), but all of the other 5* and 6* are a bit disappointing/redundant, and I know enough not to roll for a 7*. 10 stones feels like a lot for what will almost definitely be a dupe machine. On the other hand, I really don't want most GFE, but off-godfest rates really suck. I feel like I am starting to run out of fun things to roll on.

Ironically, the things I'm really waiting on are things I rolled pretty hard on the first time around--FF and Summer. But those are both a way off and I'm not at the point where I am conserving rolls, I have a budget for this game each month, and I'm going to spend it.

Quantum

so I rolled - 3 on main

Meri (dupe), Julie (new), Elgenubi (New)

so 3 six stars in a row o.0

(so tempted to press my luck lol)

ok I got Kuvia and a third Sheena, I'm done

I miss the x4 technicals already :(

it was nice knowing that with at least 50 stamina I could rank up from a half-full exp bar

Top Bottom