• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

razterik

Been running Sowilo on natural stamina, plus one stone. Going to stone it the rest of the weekend to try and finish another 297.

Reminder that Kanetsugu is better than Sowilo today provided you can run an all attribute farming team.

oewGOuGl.jpg
DnsBUNfl.jpg
Done. Sanada was a right bastard for his last skill up, taking an extra four stones just for that single one after everything else was already finished. Should have just piied him, but I was being stubborn at that point. 12 stones total to max these two, Snow White, and Nim. Decent results overall.

Reminder that Kanetsugu is better than Sowilo today provided you can run an all attribute farming team.

Done. Sanada was a right bastard for his last skill up, taking an extra four stones just for that single one after everything else was already finished. Should have just piied him, but I was being stubborn at that point. 12 stones total to max these two, Snow White, and Nim. Decent results overall.

I might try Kanetsugu, but I'm not sure how easy I cleared it last time. Can't remember if I used Izanagi or A. Yomi to cover dark. I can 100% farm Sowilo. I guess I'll give it a shot later.

hermit7

Finished with my luci team today.

Luci, yomidra, okuni, Haku, valk.

It is my first fully plussed team so I am pretty excited to attempt some more challenging content. Going to work on bikinidora next and hopefully finish her and maybe one more up before the end of 10x.

Not going to stone hard again though until sowilo next week so I can have some built up again.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yay! First +297 team. Still need to max skill Akechi.

Awesome congrats - great looking squad. Area you Arena 1 ready yet or do you still need to work on something ? I have a difficult time with my Yomidra team and cant invest +eggs on it right now because most of the subs arent skilled.

How long did it take you to max skill Oku ? Once we get at least Castor skill-up and i max skill on pandora it should look better.

It is my first fully plussed team so I am pretty excited to attempt some more challenging content. Going to work on bikinidora next and hopefully finish her and maybe one more up before the end of 10x.

Not going to stone hard again though until sowilo next week so I can have some built up again.
Very nice accomplishment - Bravo !!

Nice! We gotta start farming God rush sometime soon. Probably once 10x is over.

Awesome congrats - great looking squad. Area you Arena 1 ready yet or do you still need to work on something ? I have a difficult time with my Yomidra team and cant invest +eggs on it right now because most of the subs arent skilled.

How long did it take you to max skill Oku ? Once we get at least Castor skill-up and i max skill on pandora it should look better.

Very nice accomplishment - Bravo !!
Still need to max skill Akechi. I'll be running the dog dungeon a bit this week, but won't go hardcore until the Green/Dark dogs get here. Gotta skill up Ishida as well. But I should be ready for Arena I guess. I'm scared though...

I used piis on Okuni a LONG time ago. I spent a couple days farming his dungeon, came away with 0 skillups and gave up. To be honest, I don't even regret it.

Looking forward to Castor skillups as well. Once Awoken Pandora gets here Castor will go in the flex spot of my Yomidra team for basic farming. I'm tempted to plus him up as well, but I think I have other priorities.

hermit7

Nice! We gotta start farming God rush sometime soon. Probably once 10x is over.

Still need to max skill Akechi. I'll be running the dog dungeon a bit this week, but won't go hardcore until the Green/Dark dogs get here. Gotta skill up Ishida as well. But I should be ready for Arena I guess. I'm scared though...

I used piis on Okuni a LONG time ago. I spent a couple days farming his dungeon, came away with 0 skillups and gave up. To be honest, I don't even regret it.

Looking forward to Castor skillups as well. Once Awoken Pandora gets here Castor will go in the flex spot of my Yomidra team for basic farming. I'm tempted to plus him up as well, but I think I have other priorities.

Yeah definitely we will have too.

BTW can you throw up your luci? Need to try scarlet and don't have any other maxed out friends.

hermit7

Just put him up. Good luck. Scarlet was a pain in the ass.

Yeah it still is.

Get to floor 3 where I have like 30k health. Typically goes heal to green for 6k damage, heal to green for 6k damage, 13k shot (no hearts have dropped) 13k dead. You need to burst every floor though so most times you have already used skills, and are stalling maybe 3 turns.

Ducarmel

Got a bunch of stones on my jp account, think i might just go chase Ishigo in a few minutes.

edit:
Got most of the golds missing Ishigo and Kenpachi, need one more for that Kisuke system team.

jiggle

hYa6FoFl.jpg

Was so impressed practicing on Gadius
Couldn't understand why it isn't more popular
Then I tried it in the real world with PADX
OK not so great when monsters can hit back...

What should I farm after Hera sowilo is gone tomorrow?

From reddit choppedchef33
S0qDzG3h.jpg

Rixa

That guy is the worst.

To be expected, sadly. Human nature, I suppose.

Beat Ocean God for the first time, felt great. However, Zeus Vulcan can go take a **very** long walk off of a short cliff.

LOL

I am currently at 1.2%, guess I sucked hard.

I just had to answer to that thread. Iam proud member of 0.2% club \o_. Hail to the new king, you are all jealous to me.
Let the day be renamed as "Rixa's 0.2% club day"

I bet you cant beat that :).
Its just a game. And Scarlet suckz.

Sorry if I'm too late for some of you with this advice, but for the players running the ranking dungeon, have you guys turned-off skill confirmation under dungeon settings? It seriously saves a ton of time and you're just handicapping yourself if you don't have it disabled during speed runs. I never thought to bring it up because I'm used to playing that way by default, but just realized after reading it elsewhere that most players probably don't.

jiggle

Sorry if I'm too late for some of you with this advice, but for the players running the ranking dungeon, have you guys turned-off skill confirmation under dungeon settings? It seriously saves a ton of time and you're just handicapping yourself if you don't have it disabled during speed runs. I never thought to bring it up because I'm used to playing that way by default, but just realized after reading it elsewhere that most players probably don't.
Ohh good idea

HGH

Banned
I recall seeing the name I&I a bunch when looking stuff up but I'm guessing they're severely outclassed these days?

razterik

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/sinka/160222_powerup.html

Buff list. Killers and skill bind resist on lots of old forms. Some might be better than Awokens and newer ultimates for certain teams. B/L Hermes, D/R Persephone, and B/B Orochi are notable.

God Cao Cao finally a better ShivDra sub, although he's likely getting Awoken soon.

Anything with double Killer type advantage does 9x damage. The non-lit versions of Chinese get a great advantage vs Arena Kalis.

Rixa

Buff list. Killers and skill bind resist on lots of old forms. Some might be better than Awokens and newer ultimates for certain teams. B/L Hermes, D/R Persephone, and B/B Orochi are notable.

God Cao Cao finally a better ShivDra sub, although he's likely getting Awoken soon.

Anything with double Killer type advantage does 9x damage. The non-lit versions of Chinese get a great advantage vs Arena Kalis.

Abyssal Darkdragon Vritra gets one Enhanced Dark Attribute more (totalling 3 rows :p~). Other form gets +OE & God Killer awokens. I can make other Vritra to Awoken form if its coming, or to GoD Killer form.

razterik

Yeah, there's a few combinations that can run almost full Godkiller on A.ALucifer team, which is pretty sick.

Maintenance for JP in a couple days. Finish Alt technicals on coop if you can, they should be refreshed when moved back to Technical tab.

yami4ct

Managed to run Monday to 250 on my JP account to get in right before the reset. I do not ever want to grind that one again. It's not hard, but it's just boring.

Got an Osiris from my 250 pull. Not unhappy with that at all.

Kyuur

Man, cyberbeasts get SBR instead of Bind Clear like their Dragon sisters. :| Still a buff but given I don't have any dragons, bummer.

Also considering rerolling my Okuni back and evolving to D/D. Dragon Killer is much better than double TPA with a row team.

Rixa

Managed to run Monday to 250 on my JP account to get in right before the reset. I do not ever want to grind that one again. It's not hard, but it's just boring.

Oh wow gratz. You did it :).

This game can be cruel when random mobs are way more nastier, tougher & shittier than boss itself. Good thing YD has so great RCV.
Next floor had 2 of these shitties.

Ducarmel

Reset? Did I miss some jp announcement.

Lyrian

While the buffs are nice for older cards, this is also a real kick in the teeth.

Logically, on one hand, to obtain an Awoken of a card (if currently available, and likely in the future for cards without Awokens yet), a player has to sacrfiice these powerful awakenings to obtain the Awoken.

On the other hand, to obtain the various killer awakenings, a player will have to evolve a card into an evolutionary dead-end. This is going to require dupes of practically every pantheon card, because the ease of obtaining the earlier evolves will mandate the construction of "killer" teams of every type.

Looking at the trends on that buff chart, I can see a common trend that would appear to predict GungHo's logic towards the future:

-- If the card has a split ult and already has an Awoken form. Next evolve will be a Super Evo of the Awoken form (note how all non-awoken versions of these cards [Ex: Greco-Romans] are on the buff list).

-- If the card has a split ult, and DOES NOT already have a awoken form, next evolve will be a Super Evo of the split ult that is NOT on the buff list (trend seems to be the older of the split ults - see Three Kindgom series).

-- If the card has no split ult, create a Super Evo of the current lone evolution. Next evolve will an Awoken split ult of the card (Sakuya, Pandora; with the caveat these are a result of evo voting at the moment, but have likely set the precedent for other cards to follow in the future for a good while).

So now, this is going to make me really hesitant to awaken anything in the future, because Awoken ______ is not necessarily going to be strictly the best version of a card anymore moving forward.

Lyrian

Also,

GungHo is probably laughing their asses off with this change at everyone who sold off their entire box for MP dragons, because they will need to re-buy/roll all of these cards all over again in the future.

linsivvi

I was about to ask the same thing JP getting it twice before it even shows up here.

Thanks for this, kanetsugu really spoiled me. Running 10 floors of Hera sowilo and getting only 3 plus eggs was painful.

You still average 5-6 drops with Sowilo so it's not bad in the long run.

Also placing Zeus Mercury dead last in the right side of the chart is wrong. The dungeon gives much better xp and slightly higher than 4 drops. Sure it's a long dungeon but the right side of the chart is all about stamina, so that's superior to Goemon etc.

jiggle

The new buffs annoy me
Seem to make evolution more convoluted
Now I honestly don't know what to do with the Karin I got recently
And no way I want to unawoken any cards

They are nice for new players that can't farm trifruits/twinlits/awoken mats though
My new jpn account is happy...

Awaken her and make the Karin System team you have always dreamed of
yeah I probably will
seems more beneficial for the team

yami4ct

Making split Evos actually viable makes complete sense to me. The way they've done it, focusing on those cards on being great subs while their Awoken forms are more the leaders, also is a great idea.

As a person who recently purged his box of a bunch of dupes, this doesn't really make me feel all that bad. At some point, you have to pick 3-4 core teams and just stick with it. You can't keep everything around in case it's valuable on alternate team you may pull later. I can really only see these buffs forcing whales to keep stuff around. For a normal player, it makes the choice between one form and another more difficult, but in the end it's a choice between one or the other. Having both is a luxury most don't really need.

Stil not sure how big a fan I am of these Killer awakenings. They are incredibly powerful for sure, but I sure hope they don't become a requirement for every top tier team. Too specific for my taste. I guess God and to a lesser extent Devil killer will always be useful, it's Machine and Dragon killer that a bit more specific.

Kyuur

Missed this little tidbit:

5. It will be possible to use leader switch skill with coin-boosting leaders (Ganesha, Catwoman, FFCD Thief, etc). Coin bonuses will still be counted after clearing a dungeon.

Awesome. Will make farming coins easier.

So now, this is going to make me really hesitant to awaken anything in the future, because Awoken ______ is not necessarily going to be strictly the best version of a card anymore moving forward.
In a F2P game where things have to constantly evolve and power creep is inevitable, it seems foolish to assume there's going to be a strictly best version of anything for long. If something is the best forever and ever, the whales who have that will stop rolling and the money train for Gungho stops.

If anything, I'm surprised Gungho has practiced restraint in powercreeping past the current MP dragons so far. Though I'd imagine a lot of people would be very unhappy if something surpasses those so soon.

Top Bottom