• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

yami4ct

Finally evoed the final piece in my A. Panda squad on my JP account. Wow she's good. Much better than I could have ever imagined. I'm far more stable with her, even without full +s and Levels, than I ever was with my A. Sakuya squad. That's more due to my lack skill with that one. I might even be better with her than I am with my A. Ra squad on my US account, my previous best.

Currently going A. Panda/Castor/A. Loki/A. Panda/Hanzo/A. Panda.

All those hastes give so much orb generation. It's crazy.

Anyone here with a PAD JP account and keeps A. Panda up all the time? I'm gonna need a permanent Pandora buddy for my next BFF.

So I chopped the head off my Attacker team. I don't even know if it was worth it!

But whatever! Awoken Amaterasu is mine.

I don't even think I have decent subs for her. But it felt great. Shame I wasted four light py's on Attackeratsu.

Got Lilith, Vampire and Satan on the Satan dungeon yesterday. It's a wonder what a fully leveled team will do.

Lyrian

In a F2P game where things have to constantly evolve and power creep is inevitable, it seems foolish to assume there's going to be a strictly best version of anything for long. If something is the best forever and ever, the whales who have that will stop rolling and the money train for Gungho stops.

If anything, I'm surprised Gungho has practiced restraint in powercreeping past the current MP dragons so far. Though I'd imagine a lot of people would be very unhappy if something surpasses those so soon.

Well... yes. You are correct here, but generally powercreeping in F2P games involve new and shiny things that obsolete current cards and not the other way around. I suppose I could have restated my claim more clearly by stating "best version of a single card". New evos are supposed obsolete the previous ones, not the other way around. I can see the monetary reasons why GungHo would do this. Let's see if their strategy pays off for them or not.

The MP dragons won't be bypassed anytime soon. Otherwise the MP shop is irrelevant. That said, the general powercreep on standard unconditional leaders have only reached 3.5x, so the 5x of the MP dragons still has a considerable amount of breathing room before they are surpassed.

Well... yes. You are correct here, but generally powercreeping in F2P games involve new and shiny things that obsolete current cards and not the other way around. I suppose I could have restated my claim more clearly by stating "best version of a single card". New evos are supposed obsolete the previous ones, not the other way around.
I think you're overrating these new buffs a tad bit. Most of them are so minor that it's not worth changing an awoken version back to a previous ult. A ___ killer awakening doesn't make up for a worse active skill, a worse leader skill, and other awakenings. The previous ults are not making awoken ults obsolete by any means. Just gives the weaker ults a niche reason to exist other than as a stepping stone for mid game players.

yami4ct

I think you're overrating these new buffs a tad bit. Most of them are so minor that it's not worth changing an awoken version back to a previous ult. A ___ killer awakening doesn't make up for a worse active skill, a worse leader skill, and other awakenings. The previous ults are not making awoken ults obsolete by any means. Just gives the weaker ults a niche reason to exist other than as a stepping stone for mid game players.

The only ones that are really a big deal are the ones that aren't Awoken yet. God CaoCao becomes a viable Shivadra sub. D/R Persephone and D/D Okun both might become the better sub on average.

The only sub that has an Awoken I could see an argument for is Ceres. In that case, though, getting her skilled up is an insane process and a 3x to D. Kali probably doesn't make dealing with that worthwhile, outside of some really whaley players.

3x Status Resists on the Ninjas will be nice for those that don't have cards to replace them. My Hanzo will definitely appreciate that until he hopefully gets replaced by Akechi.

razterik

5x4 Thoth and Sopdet is really irritating. No danger with YomiDra, but getting that 5 combo to finish the bosses takes forever. Basically need a perfect board or orb change. There should be a limit on how many times a revival can trigger.

Went hard on 10x this weekend. 8 stones on Kanetsugu, 11 on Hera Sowilo. To be honest I wouldn't have wanted to spend any more if I could have. My best team option for both was Shiva, which took ~5 minutes per run and is not quite mindless enough for my taste. So I'm pretty burnt out; gonna go pretty light this week before farming Sowilo again on Sunday.

Came away with a pretty solid haul though. Finished off Akechi (~200), maxed Luci and Pandora from scratch, and I've got 300 plusses to spare. Gotta decide if I wanna keep building my dark units for Luci/Pandora/Yomidra or branch out and try to build another team up.

Lyrian

I guess I'll leave it at "we'll see".

I agree with both of your perspectives, but I can't see GungHo going to all this effort for the sake of throwaway buffs. Surely, the other shoe will drop on this sooner or later.

Moving onto something else entirely, I'm trying to learn to play a more difficult character. After nearly 400 ranks, I'll still stuck on playing RoBeez.

I'm currently using a hypered AHorus, but the damage seems so... awful compared to Ronia, and that's just wrong.

I'm currently using AHorus/LKali/AFreyr/AHino/RG-CaoCao. Only after full activation + AFreyr spike do I even see numbers that are remotely comparable to Ronia.

What in the universe am I possibly doing wrong here?

Turn by turn, your Horus team should do more damage. Ronia teams can really only put out big numbers a few times per dungeon, where as Horus can easily deal 2-3 million just about every turn.

So while Ronia may have a higher damage ceiling, Horus is generally more consistent.

5x4 Thoth and Sopdet is really irritating. No danger with YomiDra, but getting that 5 combo to finish the bosses takes forever. Basically need a perfect board or orb change. There should be a limit on how many times a revival can trigger.

Let me tell you about 5x4 Sopdet. 140 turns to kill. All for one light resist. It took me almost an hour to finish that last floor.

coy

Went hard on 10x this weekend. 8 stones on Kanetsugu, 11 on Hera Sowilo. To be honest I wouldn't have wanted to spend any more if I could have. My best team option for both was Shiva, which took ~5 minutes per run and is not quite mindless enough for my taste. So I'm pretty burnt out; gonna go pretty light this week before farming Sowilo again on Sunday.

Came away with a pretty solid haul though. Finished off Akechi (~200), maxed Luci and Pandora from scratch, and I've got 300 plusses to spare. Gotta decide if I wanna keep building my dark units for Luci/Pandora/Yomidra or branch out and try to build another team up.
I was at a gathering to celebrate SFV launch and couldn't fit much time as I was getting increasingly drunk by 3PM Saturday while still recovering from a Friday hangover. Thankfully, I spent enough time to finish 2 subs and start a 3rd. In my unsobriety, Verdandi teams made the runs easy and fast - had to use Sakuya to cover Kanetsugu restriction. I died only once late in the evening even though I knew it was impossible to manipulate the orbs in a sensible fashion. Considering my altered state, I feel she is a viable candidate if available.

linsivvi

I guess I'll leave it at "we'll see".

I agree with both of your perspectives, but I can't see GungHo going to all this effort for the sake of throwaway buffs. Surely, the other shoe will drop on this sooner or later.

Moving onto something else entirely, I'm trying to learn to play a more difficult character. After nearly 400 ranks, I'll still stuck on playing RoBeez.

I'm currently using a hypered AHorus, but the damage seems so... awful compared to Ronia, and that's just wrong.

I'm currently using AHorus/LKali/AFreyr/AHino/RG-CaoCao. Only after full activation + AFreyr spike do I even see numbers that are remotely comparable to Ronia.

What in the universe am I possibly doing wrong here?

I have both of those leads and I hardly ever use Ronia/Beelz any more. Other than consistently high damage, the key is delay, short activation and versatility. You are also almost never orb screwed.

Any boss or hard floor that doesn't have delay immunity means you get multiple turns of 45x. Skill bind is never a concern. If you have Isis you get a 3 turn skill that can remove bind and reduce damage. If you need an extra punch you can sub in a damage multiplier. Big preempt? Put D. Izanami or something better in the team and the recent update means just activate a skill and with 3 heal orbs you get back to full health. The possibilities are endless.

razterik

NA data download has new art for cards that aren't available yet, including A.Pandora, ult Urd, Constellation 2, Ragnarok, Fenrir and some upcoming biweekly dragons.

Oh ok...Not like I was working on that team or anything

5sXKPwn.png

raiot

Just in time for me having no Aamir to evolve her! :(

edit: HA! found him! I thought he was G/D but he is actually D/G! :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Gung-Ho be trolling - Non Waken Susano is getting SBR Awakening...he is kinda better for a couple teams/challenges now compared to the Awoken version - damn.

Im not a fan of all those Killer Awkenings and buffs for non-Awoken version but i can see why they are doing it. Probably to push more beginners to not be afraif of coop challenges if they dont have Awoken versions of good units yet...well and also to make everyone look stupid who sold off their dupes for MP dragons. Meh.

On a more positive note i beat Challenge lvl 8. Lvl 9 is impossible to me since i lack the matching skills to clear No-Awakening dungeons at that level. Might give lvl 10 a shot though.
Still need to max skill Akechi. I'll be running the dog dungeon a bit this week, but won't go hardcore until the Green/Dark dogs get here. Gotta skill up Ishida as well. But I should be ready for Arena I guess. I'm scared though...

I used piis on Okuni a LONG time ago. I spent a couple days farming his dungeon, came away with 0 skillups and gave up. To be honest, I don't even regret it.

Looking forward to Castor skillups as well. Once Awoken Pandora gets here Castor will go in the flex spot of my Yomidra team for basic farming. I'm tempted to plus him up as well, but I think I have other priorities.

Yep, i will try to max skill Ishida as well once we get his Dog. I still think he could be a kick ass sub if we get fitting Top Tier green Row leader.

I havent even tried it yet but i know that max skilling Okuni is a mayor headache...if i had the Piis i would use them on him. Maybe i will down the line. Thank god that Yomidra is a kickass sub himself so i can use him on multiple Dark based teams down the line until i get his team up to speed.

Next goals are to get and maxskill UUEvo Pandora, wait and max skill Castor - after that my Yomidra team should be worth it.

fek

Anyone here with a PAD JP account and keeps A. Panda up all the time? I'm gonna need a permanent Pandora buddy for my next BFF.
I keep A. Pandora as my active leader, I'll probably move her to slot 1 when I finish plussing her: 217,707,611

smbu2000

Well on my last pull before the last GF ended I was able to pull Ryune on my iPhone. Last week I pulled Sylvie and this time Ryune, sweet getting those 6 star GFEs. Luckily for me they both use the Wednesday masks for skill ups (when it comes into rotation next), so I can run the Wednesday dungeon as I need both masks for skill ups.

On my iPad, I finished 297'ing my Persephone and max skilled her. I still need to uevo her though. She'll replace Rumiel on my YD team. I've been giving the rest of my plus eggs to A.Pandora (about 220 at the moment.) I also managed to max skill my uuevo Baal and my Lu Bu. Baal will be nice on my Yuria team.

Decided to start plus egging the A.Anubis on my iPhone. Need about 40 more eggs until he is hyper. Probably won't use him as a leader much, but he is very useful as a sub with his god/devil status, good stats/awakenings and a useful active skill for dark teams.

Kyuur

Getting so sick of being skill-bound with 80% that I'm awakening Horus to use a sub for Gadius. <_> Freyr would be preferable but I don't have him. Too bad Yamato didn't get double SBR.

Quantum

47 consecutive runs in Frozen Soil of Prosell looking for a dub-sapphilit.

RNG.

but why? with more branching ults and more mobs to evo you would think that mats would be easier to get, not harder - no biggie though I'll just keep running it till 2 drop then I switch to the needed 4 dub-amelits. (at least 3x norm yields a plus once and awhile).

I've been collecting mats with shitty drop rates for the better part of two weeks now - not playing the game - just shoveling shit (farming).

hopefully Friday will be nice as I really don't have anything to do until swilo comes for some more pluses.

Recently I've been stuck in the unfortunate hell where I can't do the more difficult content like C10 or Mecha Hera, but there isn't any regular content worth dumping stamina into. Farming for +eggs takes too long and I don't really have any specific need for them (asides from "plus up this team on the brink of being obsoleted by power creep") so I just let my stamina stay topped off instead.

yami4ct

Recently I've been stuck in the unfortunate hell where I can't do the more difficult content like C10 or Mecha Hera, but there isn't any regular content worth dumping stamina into. Farming for +eggs takes too long and I don't really have any specific need for them (asides from "plus up this team on the brink of being obsoleted by power creep") so I just let my stamina stay topped off instead.

That weird mid-late game is rough. Times like that, I just throw together a new team for fun. You might not have anything as powerful as your most powerful squad, but it's a great diversion until you pull the cards required to get you to C10 level. You can also practice alternate play styles and improve your game that way.

hermit7

Yeah this is kind of where I am at as well for the moment.

Challenge 10 looks doable, was thinking shiva can do it decently enough but aside from that i am going to finish plussing Pandora and working on getting skills for her. I think she is a pretty important part of luci that I am lacking (need more hearts to stall better)

The later challenges look obnoxious in this set. Level 8 is full of annoying gimmicks, which paired with all attributes could be tough. And does anyone enjoy no awakening dungeons? No idea what I'm gonna try there.

Bladelaw

Ok so I whaled out a bit for the Director's Choice and I'm really happy with my rolls, only 2 troll rolls I believe:

Krishna
Venus
D Valk
B Valk
Apocalpse
Dupe Hades

Now that Urd's Uevo is out that'll boost my Shiva team a bit more.

Can someone tell me how to use Awoken Tsukiyomi? On paper she looks strong as hell especially with double lead. I'm guess I'm solving the board "wrong" to maximize my damage potential and end up underwhelmed more often than not. As I understand it a proper board should have 5 dark orbs with one + orb or more, and 6 combos, with luck getting a dark TPA in there too. By doing that you ensure maximum damage right?

So a solid team would have mostly dark monsters with orb changes, maybe one shield/delay to make solving the board easier, focus on finger and +orb awakenings with TPA being desired but not a must.

My team at the moment:
A. Tsukiyomi
D valk
D/B Okuninushi
D Izanami
Awoken Haku
Friend A. Tsukiyomi

I'm thinking of swapping in Zuoh for Diza or Okuni though. I also have Durga available.

Ok so I whaled out a bit for the Director's Choice and I'm really happy with my rolls, only 2 troll rolls I believe:

Krishna
Venus
D Valk
B Valk
Apocalpse
Dupe Hades

Now that Urd's Uevo is out that'll boost my Shiva team a bit more.

Can someone tell me how to use Awoken Tsukiyomi? On paper she looks strong as hell especially with double lead. I'm guess I'm solving the board "wrong" to maximize my damage potential and end up underwhelmed more often than not. As I understand it a proper board should have 5 dark orbs with one + orb or more, and 6 combos, with luck getting a dark TPA in there too. By doing that you ensure maximum damage right?

So a solid team would have mostly dark monsters with orb changes, maybe one shield/delay to make solving the board easier, focus on finger and +orb awakenings with TPA being desired but not a must.

My team at the moment:
A. Tsukiyomi
D valk
D/B Okuninushi
D Izanami
Awoken Haku
Friend A. Tsukiyomi

I'm thinking of swapping in Zuoh for Diza or Okuni though. I also have Durga available.
You can kill most floors with just the enhance orbs, adding a TPA is really only necessary to double tap spicier monsters. You'll also probably want one more orb changer in there.

Bladelaw

You can kill most floors with just the enhance orbs, adding a TPA is really only necessary to double tap spicier monsters. You'll also probably want one more orb changer in there.

Ok I somehow forgot I have Eschamali.

So there's some overlap but my dark orb changers are as follows:
Zuoh
Eschamali
Goetia
D Valk
A. Haku
Another Haku (not awoken)
Cattleya

Eschamali and D Valk definitely overlap (not sure who is better but D Valk is easier to skill up).

So would this work?

A. Yomi
A. Haku
Esch/D Valk (depending on prevalence of jammers)
Zuoh/Goetia/Haku (Which one?)
Defensive flex (Okuni/Diza)
Friend A. Yomi

donjezzy

If I have a Dup Pandora would it be better to wait for the Ult Pandora to use as a sub or is the awoken one better as a sub as well.

Planning on trying eventually
A.Pandora
Ult. Pandora
Beach Pandora
D. Valkyrie
either yomidra,lu bu or D.Meta depending on the situation

Ok I somehow forgot I have Eschamali.

So would this work?

A. Yomi
A. Haku
Esch/D Valk (depending on prevalence of jammers)
Zuoh/Goetia/Haku (Which one?)
Defensive flex (Okuni/Diza)
Friend A. Yomi
Seems fine, I'd prefer Goetia slightly more cause she doesn't destroy heart orbs but any of them work. You can pair with a friend Yomi Dragon for a heartmaker and an easier LS.

Bladelaw

Seems fine, I'd prefer Goetia slightly more cause she doesn't destroy heart orbs but any of them work. You can pair with a friend Yomi Dragon for a heartmaker and an easier LS.

Thanks!

I usually give new team comps a run through endless to figure out how to get the most damage and I've been pretty happy with my Sarsvati, Bastet, Shiva, and Amaterasu teams but It's been a toss up of Awoken Haku and Awoken Tsukiyomi as my dark lead. On paper A. Yomi should win out but I was able to do consistently better with Haku. I figured it was a skill problem not a numbers problem.

Kind of. A.Yomi takes a bit more effort to get good damage (compared to say A.Shiva) but the potential for big damage is way higher. It's kind of broken my expectations cause I'll see 2mil individual damage from a monster and think "eh could be better".

hermit7

I am surprised at the speed that a. Panda and urd came out, but I am eager to finally evolve them both.

Panda seems like a good option for Loki, but I am going to stick with bikini I think, the single row isn't too big a deal and I can use her on a. Panda too.

Urd is awesome and I will definitely evolve both of mine. The extra fingers and attack are really clutch for her.

Honestly I think I am going to plus zuoh next. He works with panda for a good burst similarly to Haku and akechi so lacking him makes bursting effectively challenging.

jay23

Level 8 was really difficult this go around, it's usually no rcv which makes things easier. Cleared it with my awoken Ra team since I thought I wouldn't have a chance with Shiva.

I'm gonna be bummed if constellation 2 gets matched with some of the pantheons I want to roll in not interested in any of those cards.

Trying to skill up Akechi has been a complete waste of stamina.

Honestly I think I am going to plus zuoh next. He works with panda for a good burst similarly to Haku and akechi so lacking him makes bursting effectively challenging.
I was considering the same thing. Zuoh uvo is excellent for A. Panda. Though with his unevolved version it's tough to hit full SBR (no Loki...).

I think I'm gonna enjoy Pandora much more than Lucifer. So far I'm not loving his play style. At least with her you have 2 good orb changers already, so the Dark orbs should be plentiful.

Bladelaw

What are people's thoughts on Thorn Princess, Sleeping Beauty? Decent stats for a 5* stats but unbindable, bind clearing active (no NA skill up though...), low cost, only 3m XP to max.

She reads like a huge utility sub.

To keep my A. Yomi team 100% SBR I'm looking at adding her.
A. Yomi
A. Haku
D/B Okuni
Diza
Sleeping Beauty
A. Yomi/YomiDra

In dungeons with a fair amount of bullshit mechanics this seems like a pretty solid team.

yami4ct

I was considering the same thing. Zuoh uvo is excellent for A. Panda. Though with his unevolved version it's tough to hit full SBR (no Loki...).

I think I'm gonna enjoy Pandora much more than Lucifer. So far I'm not loving his play style. At least with her you have 2 good orb changers already, so the Dark orbs should be plentiful.

The difference between A. Luci on my NA account and A. Panda on my JP account has been huge. Most of that can be attributed to my lack of great fast orb change of my NA side, but as you said having the large orb change with haste and a relatively low CD is fantastic for Panda. Panda also gives you way more time extends and I definitely have felt that. I've messed up a few combos for A. Luci by underestimating how little clock I had left.

What are people's thoughts on Thorn Princess, Sleeping Beauty? Decent stats for a 5* stats but unbindable, bind clearing active (no NA skill up though...), low cost, only 3m XP to max.

She reads like a huge utility sub.

To keep my A. Yomi team 100% SBR I'm looking at adding her.
A. Yomi
A. Haku
D/B Okuni
Diza
Sleeping Beauty
A. Yomi/YomiDra

In dungeons with a fair amount of bullshit mechanics this seems like a pretty solid team.

Good sub if you don't have a Yomidra to do your bind clearing. Her stats and other Awakenings aren't as amazing as her alternative, obviously, but she can be workable. Only major issue is her lack of skill up mats.

hermit7

Yeah that is my issue as well. He is very orb hungry and doesn't provide very many himself. While you can stall with him it isn't easy to burst floor after floor after floor. Especially with subs that are less than ideal (no akechi). Maybe I should plus a. Pandora before bikini. If she is going to be a good leader.

yami4ct

A. Panda is even more orb hungry since her leader requires 8 orbs to fully activate. She luckily has good orb gen on her own, but I wouldn't say she's fantastic unless you have some other orb change. You should run at least 3 dark orb changers with her in my experience, and one of those should be low CD like D.Valk or Hanzo so you can constantly feed her leader skill.

hermit7

A. Panda is even more orb hungry since her leader requires 8 orbs to fully activate. She luckily has good orb gen on her own, but I wouldn't say she's fantastic unless you have some other orb change. You should run at least 3 dark orb changers with her in my experience, and one of those should be low CD like D.Valk or Hanzo so you can constantly feed her leader skill.

Oh definitely that is true, but she herself makes more on the same cool down as lucifer. 3 orbs and a 150k direct damage is much more niche. With 2 pandas you get 2 good orb changers while with luci you get 2 direct damage and enough orbs for one activation.

Team would look like a. Panda, valk, b. Panda, zuoh, luci.

Luci would be for high defense and God killer and he does have great awakenings (tons of rows)

razterik

A.ALuci handles tanking content better in my experience so far and is of course more sub flexible, getting a bit more use out of the stronger dark subs that aren't devils. But A.Pandora doesn't have to worry about tanking as much due to her higher average damage and extra orb creation.

JP back from maintenance. Sadly no refresh on the alt technicals since they just duped them over to the other tab. 150 roll, 4th Andromeda. 250 roll, 2nd Satsuki. Dang, nothing useful unless they get buffed.

yami4ct

My 250 pulls:
Amon (Bleh. Archdemon that isn't Luci)
Cao Cao

I don't have a major use for Cao Cao yet, but still a good pull, so I can't be mad.

Oh definitely that is true, but she herself makes more on the same cool down as lucifer. 3 orbs and a 150k direct damage is much more niche.

Team would look like a. Panda, valk, b. Panda, zuoh, luci.

Luci would be for high defense and God killer and he does have great awakenings (tons of rows)

That's sort of close to what I'm running on my JP account. I'm going

A. Panda/A. Loki/A. Panda/Castor/Hanzo/A. Panda.

It's working tremendously well so far. If you've got Loki, I would definitely recommend running him over Luci in dungeons that don't need his true damage. She might look super strong on her own, but that extra boost from Loki has definitely got me out of silly situations and has been great overall.

hermit7

Poverty sub D/L Lilith is also quite good for the team if you don't have Loki.

Yeah I have seen her be instrumental on arena teams for her poison and 1.5x for devils for a turn. She also has an sbr and a row so she has useful awakenings too.

I guess that is what I will start working on long term. I like luci theoretically but just can't really get into his play style.

Top Bottom