• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

razterik

Maybe I don't understand right, but now you have to hope one of your limited amount of friends are running a room or that one of them joins you? Otherwise you can't run anything?

Bet they don't even adjust the difficulty of the coop dungeons back down to reasonable levels when they move them into single player.

Skill Transfer system was fully demoed. It basically works exactly as we expected. You pick a monster to 'equip' on another. The equip process costs a shit ton of coins and a new type of monster, called -Tans. -Tans can be 'farmed' in Arena. I suspect they can be purchased in the MP shop, but didn't fully get that part. Skill CD of old skill is added to new skill. Using 1 resets both.

Seems very, very whale focused and the limitations make it not as game changing as it seemed at first. The adding of the old CD to the new sucks perhaps most of all. Only part I'm unclear on are if any monster can transfer skills or only REM cards.

Okay, I missed the requirements. My usual sources haven't put up all the info yet. Farmed in Arena or Arena 2.0? That's an important distinction. Seems like they didn't put any more effort into it. Did they show it in action in a dungeon? That's what I wanted to see. Still could alter some parts of the game fundamentals, once they filter the accessibility down to normal players.

yami4ct

Maybe I don't understand right, but now you have to hope one of your limited amount of friends are running a room or that one of them joins you? Otherwise you can't run anything?

Bet they don't even adjust the difficulty of the coop dungeons back down to reasonable levels when they move them into single player.

Seems like their solution to co-op balance was to kill SP entirely. They are adding a 'see friends rooms' button but that's it. I agree it's a shit solution. Maybe Japan bitching will get them to fix it. At the very least, they could of added some Co-Op match making. Playing with randos can lead to a lot of trolling/crap, but it's better than nothing.

Other games like Monster Strike do multiplayer only dungeons, so it's not a new thing to the genre. I do think it sucks and I wish these games would add matchmaking if they're going to do it.

Pretty pumped about the Typhon ult. Love running that team because it's so fun to play. Hopefully this makes him able to clear some more content. Zouh with SBR means I might look into building a team for him. Liking the news so far.

yami4ct

Okay, I missed the requirements. My usual sources haven't put up all the info yet. Farmed in Arena or Arena 2.0? That's an important distinction. Seems like they didn't put any more effort into it. Did they show it in action in a dungeon? That's what I wanted to see. Still could alter some parts of the game fundamentals, once they filter the accessibility down to normal players.

Someone was just doing live translation in the steam chat, so I didn't get any more distinction than 'arena'. It could be wrong for all I know. Knowing GH, it'll likely be Arena 2.0.

They didn't show it in action in a dungeon. They just showed the equipping process, which pretty much looks like the Ult Evo screen with the -Tan requirements in the middle. The rules were explained, as far as I can understand. The new active having the old CD added is 100% confirmed. They showed a fully skilled L. Kali being added to a Horus and her board change active became 11 turns.

EDIT:

PADX seems to have the full info. -Tans get their own guerrilla, not Arena. That makes way more sense. I think the most interesting thing is that the 'equip' doesn't permanently consume the old card. You can undo it and get it back. That makes this a lot more doable as a minor IAPer.

Kyuur

Lots of really cool news here:

- Older REM ults getting some love? Its hard to tell by the artwork but I think they might be doing what I was thinking with the Killer/Coop variants and distributing them to older uvos to make them situationally viable. A much better solution given that rare evo mats are much more accessible to newer players with MP/PAL pulls nowadays, making the older uvos kind of useless besides fringe typing cases.
- Cyber dragons (hopefully beasts too!) get bind recovery? Adds a lot of utility to them.
- New uvos to make a lot of descended drops usable for newer players!
- Monday Dungeon!
- New type of evolution that works like a regular evolution on top of uvo. ADK makes a newbie comeback for those who don't want to reroll?
- Super ult Yamato/Gadius all over my face
- Skuld becomes the only Norn to get the double TPA love, only Norn I don't have :(

Pretty happy overall. I love stuff that improves balancing and the overall game as opposed to new stuff only for end game.

MiTYH

Lately I've been falling out of P&D (currently day 78, rank 116), and as I look at my love for other such games like OPTreasure Cruise, I think the answer lies in the descended raids. I can't do them, or rather, I don't know enough about them.

I've checked puzzledragonx for team builds, but they all seem way above my league. I was wondering if anyone could help me work towards a team to even tackle one of the descends? I remember a list somewhere of the easier ones, but as my box grows, I'm (hoping) the number of things I can do with them does as well. At any rate, even if it's getting evolutions, it'll give me something to work towards.

https://www.padherder.com/user/MiTYH is my box. Any help at all would be appreciated!

+ Zuoh uvo essentially makes him a better DD Haku, which is great. May have to hyper him now.
+ Verche, Voice, ADK look pretty cool.
+ Avalon Drake uvo is a nice upgrade
+ I think I'm a fan of Artemis. Loses her rows, but at least she fits on Astaroth now.

Not sure how I feel about Pandora. I'll have to really think about which ult is better for me. And the changes to coop don't seem great as far as I can tell.

It's more fuel to the fire that co-op was rushed and that they still haven't figured out how exactly it should fit into the overall structure of the game.

Happy about super ult panda, the avo destroyed her potential on some of my teams so this will be a good compromise.

Kyuur

Awoken FA Lucifer get! Unfortunately no plus egg farming for me, need stamina for tamas!

Lately I've been falling out of P&D (currently day 78, rank 116), and as I look at my love for other such games like OPTreasure Cruise, I think the answer lies in the descended raids. I can't do them, or rather, I don't know enough about them.

I've checked puzzledragonx for team builds, but they all seem way above my league. I was wondering if anyone could help me work towards a team to even tackle one of the descends? I remember a list somewhere of the easier ones, but as my box grows, I'm (hoping) the number of things I can do with them does as well. At any rate, even if it's getting evolutions, it'll give me something to work towards.

https://www.padherder.com/user/MiTYH is my box. Any help at all would be appreciated!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.0.3..2102.99.1.0.0.0.5..2424.99.1.0.0.0.6

Fully skill-bind resist, bind clear when clearing rows of heart via DKali, burst bosses with 5-match + 4-match + Neph active, Jize active to clear stuff like Pys, Dublits etc.

Of course needs some work before you can run, in order of importance:

- Find Castor friends. Alternatively Akechi / Awoken Yomi / Yomi Dragon (although this cripples Jize's offensive) friends
- Max level / evolve everyone
- Finish awakenings for Castor / Jize
- Ultimate evolve Neph and awaken her

I'm in the 130s and I'm just now getting to be able to do some of them.

You just have to grind. It sucks, but that's pretty much all you can do for a bit. Thankfully there have been more of those "Experience of a Lifetime" one-off dungeons lately, they can help you quite a bit.

MiTYH

Awoken FA Lucifer get! Unfortunately no plus egg farming for me, need stamina for tamas!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.0.3..2102.99.1.0.0.0.5..2424.99.1.0.0.0.6

Fully skill-bind resist, bind clear when clearing rows of heart via DKali, burst bosses with 5-match + 4-match + Neph active, Jize active to clear stuff like Pys, Dublits etc.

Of course needs some work before you can run, in order of importance:

- Find Castor friends. Alternatively Akechi / Awoken Yomi / Yomi Dragon (although this cripples Jize's offensive) friends
- Max level / evolve everyone
- Finish awakenings for Castor / Jize
- Ultimate evolve Neph and awaken her

Thanks! I do appreciate it!

For what it's worth, Neph is awakened. Site won't let me update her evo though -_- . And I'm working on awakenings for Castor, Jize is next

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
In that stream was there anything for GZL or Vritra?
Sadly no Awken Vitra or somekind of GZL update.

If your Padherder is uptodate you seem to have some very good subs while missing a Top Tier lead. With that said LKali should be able to clear many Desc once you get her team up and running.

Kali/RKali/Echidna/+ /GValk/Athena) are a solid foundation but you should pull a couple of time in upcoming Godfests as well as get usefull farmables like Valk or Dark Izanami.

Your focus should be covering your basics for now. As in ranking up, saving up orbs for Godfests, leveling up/evolving/max awakening units(LKali), improve your orb matching skills in endless corridors(if you have issues activating LKali).

In addition to your Desc/Kali team you should work on a farming team to farm evo materials and co. faster - Athena would be solid farmable lead since many of her good subs like GValk or Verche are farmable as well.

Once the basics are covered you will be clearing Desc. one by one without too much issues with LKali. Clearing/Acquiring Valk and Athena would help you would quite a bit. Just make sure you go for Light TPAs when activating LKalis leader skill and not how much damage you can dish out per round and with a bit preparation you will clear the dungeons.

Kreed

Glad the inherited skill system was explained further. I like the fact that it can be canceled so there's no risk in using card only for it to get a better evolution later on and regretting your decision (too bad they probably won't give you the materials you used for the skill link back).

Also nice to see older evo materials getting used in some of these new evolutions vs relying so heavily on unfarmable evo materials and descend bosses.

hermit7

I like most of the new evos. Wokung is decent. Pandora makes for a conundrum. Rows are great for yamato.

Zuoh is awesome. Definitely going to use him on d/d teams (maybe a. Pandora).

I also like gadius new evo. The unbindability and bind heal is very useful. Gadius, uriel, yamato, uriel, freyr maybe seems pretty sweet and has tons of rows. (Though very little health).

linsivvi

Are they seriously getting rid of solo mode for multi dungeons?

I hope the Japanese players will complain rigorously so they don't go through with that.

It's the worst idea ever.

Lyrian

Well.... there it is.

A few pages back, I asserted that GungHo might have to come up with a new system to warrant additional evolutions of cards after backing themselves into a corner with how Awoken/UUevo cards work.

Pretty nifty solution, if you ask me, and checks all of the required gacha checkboxes.

GungHo gets around the limitations of their card system by "reincarnating" cards, essentially giving them a mulligan to redo any card freely as they see fit in the future. Plus, the resource sink is in place, with requiring cards to be level 99 to be reincarnated (RIP millions of XP) + requiring the cards to releveled from scratch (RIP even more millions of XP). An XP sink is probably preferable to GungHo than the current "evo mats equal 3-4 voltron cards"). Anyone can throw stones at super gemstone dragons, and that opens this up to some very significant mass-market stoning.

This will probably get a pass for now, with mystic knights only needed 3mm XP to max level. But, how will the community take this in the future, when GungHo starts "reincarnating" cards with 5mm, 6mm, or even higher XP curves? (Side note: I wonder if this is also meant to "force" casual players to level cards to 99, instead of leaving cards in the 80-90 range, where 90%+ of the benefit of those cards have been obtained?)

-- On another note, on Reddit, someone posted that for skill transfer, the required mats are 8 star rarities. That would suggest that the rarity of these should be at least equivalent to piis (or worse), and each card needs 4 of them to complete the transfer link. Might not be so much of an issue for the JP server, where gifts rain like candy. But for the other servers, the linking mats might be extraordinarily rare.

hermit7

I think that with the enhance carnival and noel dragons being handed out like can't there is still no reason to run those dungeons unless you want to level quickly.

It is interesting no doubt to see how they reincarnated some of the older rem cards.

jiggle

Skuld downgrade from waifu to loli is disappointing
Downgrade on gadius typhoon art also
No longer husbando material really

Drake is nice for an abandoned series of cards

Yamato super is kinda meh

Gadius really needed sbr or sb

The revos are pretty nice for farmable

cw_sasuke

Man im really happy that we are getting UUEVO Pandora - i was kinda disappointed after seeing her Awoken version because it made her kinda worse on my Yomidra team and i would have to use Piis for skillup again that i dont have.

Also...

Awoken Artemis seems to be a nice all rounder wood unit - she can be paired with most Wood leaders and depending on your preference you can run row/tpa or both teams. Pretty sure she will replace Verdandi for me.

Edit:

Row subs:
Green Valk/Awoken Astaroth/Michael/Perseus etc. Friend: Awoken Freyja
+14 rows, burst active, +8k rcv

TPA subs:
Green Valk/Vishnu/A.Meimei/GZL Friend: Astaroth

Crying out lout :(. I have 2 Vritras and I like the art too.
O Awoken Vrirta where art thou.

Heh yeah one Vitra here and i dont think i have ever used him - hope his Awoken will make him somehow useful for me.

MiTYH

Sadly no Awken Vitra or somekind of GZL update.

If your Padherder is uptodate you seem to have some very good subs while missing a Top Tier lead. With that said LKali should be able to clear many Desc once you get her team up and running.

Kali/RKali/Echidna/+ /GValk/Athena) are a solid foundation but you should pull a couple of time in upcoming Godfests as well as get usefull farmables like Valk or Dark Izanami.

Your focus should be covering your basics for now. As in ranking up, saving up orbs for Godfests, leveling up/evolving/max awakening units(LKali), improve your orb matching skills in endless corridors(if you have issues activating LKali).

In addition to your Desc/Kali team you should work on a farming team to farm evo materials and co. faster - Athena would be solid farmable lead since many of her good subs like GValk or Verche are farmable as well.

Once the basics are covered you will be clearing Desc. one by one without too much issues with LKali. Clearing/Acquiring Valk and Athena would help you would quite a bit. Just make sure you go for Light TPAs when activating LKalis leader skill and not how much damage you can dish out per round and with a bit preparation you will clear the dungeons.

Appreciate the insight! One question thought, as I learn terminology. Is GValk Green Valk, aka this (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1516) or this evolved monster (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=694)?

Kyuur

I think once Gadius/Yamato uvo hits I'll be looking to farm Devils' Domain Mythical Plus with someone. Should easily be able to dish out 20m+ damage in a single turn with Gadius+Uriel combo and there's not a whole lot to fear otherwise.

hermit7

Appreciate the insight! One question thought, as I learn terminology. Is GValk Green Valk, aka this (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1516) or this evolved monster (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=694)?

Typically when cards are brought up they are referring to the highest evo possible. If another card with the same name is being referenced it is with some unique factor (d/d Haku compared to Awoken). Here he is likely referring to elize the ultimate form.

cw_sasuke

Sorry i used the wrong term and meant regular Valk - since she is the only farmable Valk. The red,blue,dark and green versions are all rare REM units.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1727

You could be working towards this team unless you get a better unit to cover blue. You can also take replace Echidna for Athena for more firepower and HP if needed.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.0.0.9..489.99.1.0.0.0.5..1747.99.1.0.0.0.6

MiTYH

Thanks all for the clarification -- like I said, still learning terms. I'm going to move forward with those two ideas and hopefully get something going in the coming weeks. Nice to have a goal again. Thanks!

EDIT: Valkyrie is only farmable via descendeds, so... might be a while on that one!

cw_sasuke

Thanks all for the clarification -- like I said, still learning terms. I'm going to move forward with those two ideas and hopefully get something going in the coming weeks. Nice to have a goal again. Thanks!

EDIT: Valkyrie is only farmable via descendeds, so... might be a while on that one!
While working on your main team you could also working on this farming setup.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.0.7..1747.99.1.0.0.0.6..1422.99.1.0.0.0.6

Getting Athena without stoning might be difficult, but you should be able to get Valk from her Legend stage with your LKali team.

MiTYH

While working on your main team you could also working on this farming setup.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.0.7..1747.99.1.0.0.0.6..1422.99.1.0.0.0.6

Getting Athena without stoning might be difficult, but you should be able to get Valk from her Legend stage with your LKali team.

Appreciate it!

And while I have the attention of the entire thread (haha, sorry), last question: What's the point of these Yatagarasu? I've got about 8 of them from enhance pulls in the past.

cw_sasuke

Appreciate it!

And while I have the attention of the entire thread (haha, sorry), last question: What's the point of these Yatagarasu? I've got about 8 of them from enhance pulls in the past.

Skill up fodder for Non-Awoken versions of Ceres and Amaterasu. But both unit already have better Awokens so its very unlikely that you will ever need to skill up their old versions. I would feed the Yatagarasu for more box space.

cw_sasuke

Oops Artemis needs Water/Wood combos for her leader skill...meh I read it as Wood/Wood earlier and was wondering why people weren't more excited for lol.

hermit7

10x descends are the greatest.

Nearly finished with okuni. Have 70 leftover so far on dvalk.

A. Luci is next and then I would have my first fully plussed team. (Need skills on luci and okuni before it would be hyper).

Not sure where I should head after that, but I should nearly be ready for arena afterwards. (I hope)

yami4ct

Anyone got a co-op friend finder for Japanese servers like PADX has for the US? I don't mind having to use google translate. Played some Alt dungeons on the US servers and I'm officially sold on Co-Op. Too fun.

Lyrian

I think that with the enhance carnival and noel dragons being handed out like can't there is still no reason to run those dungeons unless you want to level quickly.

It is interesting no doubt to see how they reincarnated some of the older rem cards.

Perhaps....

... but apparently the reincarnations are already live in JP, according to Reddit. The reincarnated cards have a 8mm xp curve **after** being reincarnated.

Is feeding XP trivial when the mystic knights now have an effective 11 million XP curve (3mm + 8mm), which is now higher than the MP dragons)?

And what does that portend for more expensive cards, in the future? Will reincarnated 6 star GFE's require 5mm + 14-15mm (or more?) additional xp for their reincarnations?

jay23

There should be a faster easier way to store plus eggs.

What if every plus egg that drops gets stored together, under magic stones and coins there would be a plus symbol showing all the eggs you have available and if you touch the symbol it will show how many are HP/ATK/RCV.

Then you can apply the amount you want to a monster through a new option in power up fusion.

HAHAHAHA!!

I've been so focused on trying to get my last piece of uvo mat for Awoken Orochi (which is going terribly btw) I never realized I have all the pieces for Awoken Amaterasu!

Who does she run well with?

This is great. Time to evolve Takeminakata and Kaguya-Hime.

Ha!

HAHAHAHA!!

I've been so focused on trying to get my last piece of uvo mat for Awoken Orochi (which is going terribly btw) I never realized I have all the pieces for Awoken Amaterasu!

Who does she run well with?

This is great. Time to evolve Takeminakata and Kaguya-Hime.

Ha!

Any other light/healer lead. L.meta, Awoken Venus are the two I like to use with Amaterasu.

Spent 5 stones on Sowilo yesterday, got about 250 +eggs. I finished off Akechi and now I'm moving on to Lucifer. I'm planning on dumping all of my stones on Kanetsugu today. Hoping to finish Luci and get one more +297 TBD (probably Pandora).

I'm having to throw in a few runs of Zues to avoid leveling up with a ton of leftover stamina. Not entirely a waste since I happen to need some dark masks.

hermit7

Spent 5 stones on Sowilo yesterday, got about 250 +eggs. I finished off Akechi and now I'm moving on to Lucifer. I'm planning on dumping all of my stones on Kanetsugu today. Hoping to finish Luci and get one more +297 TBD (probably Pandora).

I'm having to throw in a few runs of Zues to avoid leveling up with a ton of leftover stamina. Not entirely a waste since I happen to need some dark masks.

Nice! We will have to try some of the harder coop soon. I am about finished with dvalk (need a little more rcv + eggs but, but have moved on to luci already and have about 40 hp eggs on him.

CyYgia3m.png

My first HYPERMAX! She was ~100 short before 10X started. Been running Sowilo on natural stamina, plus one stone. Going to stone it the rest of the weekend to try and finish another 297.

Rixa

CyYgia3m.png

My first HYPERMAX! She was ~100 short before 10X started. Been running Sowilo on natural stamina, plus one stone. Going to stone it the rest of the weekend to try and finish another 297.

Congratulations. Amazing feeling to get first "haipörmaxx" unit :). I have run Kanetsugu all day and used 2 stones. Man hopefully 10x is more often in the future.

I really wish we get that UI update soon. Its kinda pain in the ass to look what stat every +mob raises :eek:

Top Bottom