• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Quantum

grr - one major complaint I have recently is when I'm speed co-oping

randomly I can fail a dungeon due to stupidity - I end up canceling one team continue and hitting the same area on the second phone I end up spending a stone to continue.

I didn't want to continue and I burned a stone because I have to quit right after.

I can't tell you how many stones I've burned by mistake while co-oping

feels bad!

- this really pisses me off because the game asks you if you are sure you want to quit, but does not ask you if you are sure you want to continue.

- another minor pet peeve - the "ok" after completing a dungeon on IOS is absent in the android version - it makes for sloppy speed selling after completing a dungeon.

J0dy77

I did not see Revo Kush making it over so quickly after d.athena. Having a bit of buyer's remorse now. Oh well, I'll just use her for speed farming. The influx of MP this month does lessen the blow.

Bladelaw

I'm sticking with Kushi till I learn to combo properly. I never realized how reliant on skyfall I've been for most leads. I can pretty reliably hit 6 combos but anything less than 7 is crap damage. When I don't need defense break I'm putting Khepri in over bvalk. The TE and combo bump should improve my consistency.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Being bad at combos and reliant on skyfall is the reason Krishna is my OTP.

grr - one major complaint I have recently is when I'm speed co-oping

randomly I can fail a dungeon due to stupidity - I end up canceling one team continue and hitting the same area on the second phone I end up spending a stone to continue.

I didn't want to continue and I burned a stone because I have to quit right after.

I can't tell you how many stones I've burned by mistake while co-oping

feels bad!

- this really pisses me off because the game asks you if you are sure you want to quit, but does not ask you if you are sure you want to continue.

- another minor pet peeve - the "ok" after completing a dungeon on IOS is absent in the android version - it makes for sloppy speed selling after completing a dungeon.
You have to turn it on.

Options->Dungeon->Check Rewards=ON

Version 11 is pretty slick. I'm loving these QOL improvements, and Kushinada seems really fun. I'm looking forward to trying out A3 with her, but I'm still a bit unsure on what inherits to use.

Right now, I'm looking at:
Kushi (Susano) / Haku (Asmodeus) / Haku (DKali) / Haku (Sheen) / BValk (R.Orochi)

R.Orochi deals with Vishnu. Asmodeus is just a nice board. DKali is a slightly less nice board that guarantees a guard break. Sheen nukes through Radar dragons. Susano helps tank hits from Noah, Gaia, and Hera dragon.

I mostly like this setup because I think it covers most of the major situations while also being completely on-color for the extra stat boosts. I'm not really sure what to look for in a friend's Kushinada though. Indra would be super nice as insurance vs Kali and would double as a way to tank 2 more hits against Hera dragon. Another damage boost could be nice as well. Sun Quan could provide a nuke to easily kill Kali and a delay to fall back on in an emergency.

What is everyone else planning for inherits? I haven't seen a ton of consistency in what people are choosing for Kushinada (other than people inexplicably putting Fujins and Urukas on her...)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That new Ame revo seems like an interesting leader option but it would take a lot of fucking with my boxes to set up the team for it. I use R/B Ame on both of my Ronove teams for color coverage and bind clear. Not to mention I've only got 1 Leilan between my 2 boxes, so I don't have the best teams for her.

Ugh, she has physical and devil requirements too. Yeah there's no way I could make that fly.

Reincarninated Ame no Uzame.

I know who I'm awakening next. She's been my go to healer for Krishna.

She's actually a really strong leader who was still popping up on the JP tier lists until just a week or two ago (higher than Krish even). Same HP multiplier, unbindable, double damage (on her only) when you do 7+combos, and easier activation because rather than needing a minimum of 9 fire orbs which is rare on a typical board, you just need 3 fire, 3 wood, and 3 light.

If you have a bunch of Physical and Devil types (Krishna is one!) you could always look into making a team for her.

LiQuid!

Krishna's a shit sub tho. Pretty balanced awakenings but no real offense, shit stats, shit active. He offers so little. I just checked both my padherders and I got dick for viable Ame subs, otherwise I would have just straight up switched. I love Krishna like he was my own beautiful elf child but I need a god damned bind immune leader in my life.

ed: oh and also, Ame is another one of those all or nothing leaders with no damage control. So if you don't have all 9 of those orbs you aren't killing shit. There are plenty of ways to make partial matches with Krishy that don't need 9 fire orbs. Not that you aren't constantly skyfalling red blobs with his active up anyways.

Krishna's a shit sub tho. Pretty balanced awakenings but no real offense, shit stats, shit active. He offers so little. I just checked both my padherders and I got dick for viable Ame subs, otherwise I would have just straight up switched. I love Krishna like he was my own beautiful elf child but I need a god damned bind immune leader in my life.

ed: oh and also, Ame is another one of those all or nothing leaders with no damage control. So if you don't have all 9 of those orbs you aren't killing shit. There are plenty of ways to make partial matches with Krishy that don't need 9 fire orbs. Not that you aren't constantly skyfalling red blobs with his active up anyways.

yeh damage control would be an issue.

I wonder of tier lists, which operate on the idea that leaders will have optimal subs/inherits, are taking into account that Fujin is sort of a given for teams without other damage control options.

But then Kushi is the star of the moment because of her damage control so idk idk

fek

Version 11 is pretty slick. I'm loving these QOL improvements, and Kushinada seems really fun. I'm looking forward to trying out A3 with her, but I'm still a bit unsure on what inherits to use.

Right now, I'm looking at:
Kushi (Susano) / Haku (Asmodeus) / Haku (DKali) / Haku (Sheen) / BValk (R.Orochi)

R.Orochi deals with Vishnu. Asmodeus is just a nice board. DKali is a slightly less nice board that guarantees a guard break. Sheen nukes through Radar dragons. Susano helps tank hits from Noah, Gaia, and Hera dragon.

I mostly like this setup because I think it covers most of the major situations while also being completely on-color for the extra stat boosts. I'm not really sure what to look for in a friend's Kushinada though. Indra would be super nice as insurance vs Kali and would double as a way to tank 2 more hits against Hera dragon. Another damage boost could be nice as well. Sun Quan could provide a nuke to easily kill Kali and a delay to fall back on in an emergency.

What is everyone else planning for inherits? I haven't seen a ton of consistency in what people are choosing for Kushinada (other than people inexplicably putting Fujins and Urukas on her...)

I run that same team. My inherits are Thief on Kushi, Hydra, Typhon Ana and Ryune on the Hakus and Sherias Roots on B Valk. Though with this team sometimes I get up to the radar dragon floor without using a single active, it's very consistent.

Bladelaw

My current R Kushi team:
Kush (Waffling between Susano (5 turns), Indra)
R Haku (Anaphon)
R Haku (Cauchemar)
R Haku (Lumiel)
BValk/Khepri (Roots/nothing)

I'm thinking a Yomi or Hades active over Lumiel since BValk has defense break just so I have more time to work with.

Bladelaw

Caved and said to hell with it. Four pulls:

1 Momiji
3 Julie

yay?

Julie is REALLY good and stupid easy to build a team for. Great pull! I don't know that I'd run multiples but it could work depending on you box. The real catch with her is she can run a killer heavy team making things like Sopdet or worse Vishnu a nightmare to fight.

bjork

Julie is REALLY good and stupid easy to build a team for. Great pull! I don't know that I'd run multiples but it could work depending on you box. The real catch with her is she can run a killer heavy team making things like Sopdet or worse Vishnu a nightmare to fight.

I was going to try and add her to my Meri team and maybe use her skill on a couple of my other characters if it's possible? At some point I need to actually use the whole assist thing.

Aesnath

I was going to try and add her to my Meri team and maybe use her skill on a couple of my other characters if it's possible? At some point I need to actually use the whole assist thing.

I have a friend who just drew both. He seems to prefer Meri at the moment. In particular, Meri's ability to support a wider range of actives makes her a bit easier to build for. As a sub on Meri, the active is pretty lackluster and you'll rarely need the killers. She'll be useful when you need to kill high defense guys or need a shield, however.

J0dy77

I'm sticking with Kushi till I learn to combo properly. I never realized how reliant on skyfall I've been for most leads. I can pretty reliably hit 6 combos but anything less than 7 is crap damage. When I don't need defense break I'm putting Khepri in over bvalk. The TE and combo bump should improve my consistency.

Took Revo Kush out for a spin yesterday in Arena 1 and cleared with little issue. She's very interesting but not sure she'll be my primary lead, have to practice with her a lot more. Here's the quick things I noticed:

- Damage is very reliant on hitting 8 and 9 combo tier. If you're hitting 6 combos and not able to get 7-8 every turn you're going to have a hard time. I can hit 7 combos every turn but 8 combos aren't always available and 9 seems very rare. This has me concerned for those situations where you need big spike damage. I might end up inheriting my dupe Kush onto her because that 1 extra combo is such a huge damage spike. When you hit 9 combos and 100x activates Haku damage goes through the roof.

- Healing might end up being an issue. 99% damage spikes are hard to heal back from and not having any heart makers on the team makes it extremely difficult if you get hit hard and then can't make hearts. I'm inheriting Anna Ceres on my Kush now and needed the heal to save the run but that's not a consistent solution when you have to wait on the inherit CD. W

- I like being able to control damage and not have to worry about sky fall, the bane of every PAD players existence.

I'm currently running this team:

oX7fyr4l.jpg

Not sure how I feel about School Athena in here. It's nice when I can hit a TPA but she doesn't help much otherwise. I'm inheriting MeiMei on her so it is a nice inherit. I'll have to decide how I feel once I get b. Valk and Kush fully plussed.

The team doesn't hit consistently hard like D. Athena teams. It seems like with the multiple color focus of most teams the damage ends up being just enough to clear current floors. Once the next wave of dungeons comes around her consistent damage might not be enough.

Any thoughts on another replacement I can use for School Athena?

LiQuid!

I pulled a Julie on one of my accounts, it looks like she pairs well with my Balboa army on the other account... Throw the RagDrags on both teams and whatever else. This sounds alright, ya?

bjork

I have a friend who just drew both. He seems to prefer Meri at the moment. In particular, Meri's ability to support a wider range of actives makes her a bit easier to build for. As a sub on Meri, the active is pretty lackluster and you'll rarely need the killers. She'll be useful when you need to kill high defense guys or need a shield, however.

Yeah, my Meri team is kind of just thrown together but I can end up with a full set of blue orbs at the final round of most dungeons, so it works well enough. Only real hangup so far has been Zeus + Hera, which I haven't quite sorted out yet.

[edit - went to make the new Kushinadahime, did a de-evolve. Apparently you have to do two from the form I had her at, so I need more little ghost fellas, heh. But once I got those, she's ready to rock]

[edit 2 - got her done. Now to re-level her special and everything.]

Bladelaw

- I like being able to control damage and not have to worry about sky fall, the bane of every PAD players existence.

I'm currently running this team:

oX7fyr4l.jpg

Not sure how I feel about School Athena in here. It's nice when I can hit a TPA but she doesn't help much otherwise. I'm inheriting MeiMei on her so it is a nice inherit. I'll have to decide how I feel once I get b. Valk and Kush fully plussed.

The team doesn't hit consistently hard like D. Athena teams. It seems like with the multiple color focus of most teams the damage ends up being just enough to clear current floors. Once the next wave of dungeons comes around her consistent damage might not be enough.

Any thoughts on another replacement I can use for School Athena?

School Athena brings tons of damage on a prong but you're not getting much use out of her other awakenings, also her HP is on the low side which can be problematic if you're looking to hit HP thresholds for Radars without a shield. I think there's a couple solid replacements depending on what you think you need.

I like Khepri a lot. She's a substitute spike, provides bind clear utility, and extra time to solve the board. Skilling one is annoying but I've found it's a worthwhile investment. She's not on type so you lose extra HP but her active has been worth it for me to make up the ATK deficit.

I've found the lack of skill boosts can be a problem in dungeons where stuff needs to die ASAP. Wukong and Sarasvati both help fix that problem. While the rows won't do much for you the OE and SB put in work and their stats are solid.

Garbage clear is nice when you don't want to blow a board change and risk getting a worse board then you started with. Allura, Revo Astaroth, and the sticker girls all solve that problem.

EDIT:

I pulled a Julie on one of my accounts, it looks like she pairs well with my Balboa army on the other account... Throw the RagDrags on both teams and whatever else. This sounds alright, ya?

Pretty much. If you have a Skuld, Beach Sonia, or Beach Mei Mei they're all great inherits. Just keep in mind you won't have the HP of paired Julie's. Wee Jas if you need a delay+bind clear since Julie is bindable. Paired with G/B Balboa that'll clear 6 turns which should be enough even if Tamas are being assholes. Check your damage for Sopdet before you go into arena.

Aesnath

Yeah, my Meri team is kind of just thrown together but I can end up with a full set of blue orbs at the final round of most dungeons, so it works well enough. Only real hangup so far has been Zeus + Hera, which I haven't quite sorted out yet.

[edit - went to make the new Kushinadahime, did a de-evolve. Apparently you have to do two from the form I had her at, so I need more little ghost fellas, heh. But once I got those, she's ready to rock]

[edit 2 - got her done. Now to re-level her special and everything.]

For Z&H, bring a delay or poison. Tank the first couple of hits and heal back to full after each attack. After two turns, the status shield drops for a turn (they'll put it back up for another two turns after, so pay attention). Then delay or poison. Use Meri and whatever else you need to break the combo shield. If you poison, they'll take damage after your turn, killing them despite the resolve. If you delay, you'll need to break the combo shield again, but any damage will kill them. It really ends up being pretty easy--you just need a delay or poison.

bjork

For Z&H, bring a delay or poison. Tank the first couple of hits and heal back to full after each attack. After two turns, the status shield drops for a turn (they'll put it back up for another two turns after, so pay attention). Then delay or poison. Use Meri and whatever else you need to break the combo shield. If you poison, they'll take damage after your turn, killing them despite the resolve. If you delay, you'll need to break the combo shield again, but any damage will kill them. It really ends up being pretty easy--you just need a delay or poison.

Ah man, I never thought about using poison. I'll have to bust that out the next time they come around.

PSA: You can poison them when there is still 1 turn of shield left and then one shot them. The resolve will save them, their turn will start, the shield will go away, and then the poison kicks in and kills them before they can heal. The shield doesn't stop the poison from applying to them, it only stops the damage.

jiggle

For Zeus Hera
All you need is to have counter attack up
Ignore the resolve and nuke
They will follow up with a gravity attack that will never ever kill you
But your counter attack will kill them always

bjork

Counter-attack it is, then. I need to actually look at some of my characters to see who has what, I get into the habit of making a team that works well enough and then never changing it up.

Bladelaw

Counter-attack it is, then. I need to actually look at some of my characters to see who has what, I get into the habit of making a team that works well enough and then never changing it up.

Most of the archdemon series has it. Amon is the blue one.

Light: Baal
Dark: Anubis
Red: Belial
Green: Astaroth
Blue: Amon

Aesnath

Rolled once on HREM: Romia. Kinda cool, didn't have her, but didn't really need her either. I don't have any of the teams she seems well suited to. I probably should stop now, while I'm ahead.

For Zeus Hera
All you need is to have counter attack up
Ignore the resolve and nuke
They will follow up with a gravity attack that will never ever kill you
But your counter attack will kill them always

Oh yeah, counter attack. I think the first time I beat them I used that. I tend to forget about it, since it doesn't work on some other resolve bosses; it has more to do with their attack pattern.

I have Astaroth and Anubis. I might have to just take the hit on total damage for the sake of reliable clears.

Remember, you can always inherit the counter attack skill over something you would want to run; you just may need to stall a bit to have it up. That having been said, don't feel like you have to have a consistent line-up that you use all of the time. For my Meri team, I'm switching between Gabriel, Orochi, and Sitri somewhat frequently, depending on the needs of a given dungeon.

bjork

Remember, you can always inherit the counter attack skill over something you would want to run; you just may need to stall a bit to have it up. That having been said, don't feel like you have to have a consistent line-up that you use all of the time. For my Meri team, I'm switching between Gabriel, Orochi, and Sitri somewhat frequently, depending on the needs of a given dungeon.

Something I need to remember is that there's more than one team slot. I think I have like four slots completely empty, heh.

Anyone been watching DzyDzyDino over the past couple days? Dude has pulled a ton of times chasing Uruka to no avail, but his rate of other rares has been insane. I think he's pulled 1 Julie, 1 Elgenubi, 2 Ilminas, 1 Romia, 4 Meris and like 8 Navis. He's got to be close to a 50/50 rate of 6* and it's amazing and sad at the same time because Navi is the trolliest of troll diamond eggs.

Bladelaw

Anyone been watching DzyDzyDino over the past couple days? Dude has pulled a ton of times chasing Uruka to no avail, but his rate of other rares has been insane. I think he's pulled 1 Julie, 1 Elgenubi, 2 Ilminas, 1 Romia, 4 Meris and like 8 Navis. He's got to be close to a 50/50 rate of 6* and it's amazing and sad at the same time because Navi is the trolliest of troll diamond eggs.

Aside from the Uruka I pulled his rates match mine. I wasn't joking when I said I turned 6 Navi's into Odin Dragon. I still have two from the last time this came around. Honestly I want him to get Uruka just to stop the pain.

Aesnath

Yeah, it is kinda sad but my daughter is just under 600k MP and really wants to buy D. Athena. She is going to make some rolls on the HREM and is sort of hoping to pull a few Navis, just to sell guilt free.

Quantum

After my 3 6* in a row I pulled again this morning on my main

sheena broke my luck, don't think I'm going to pull in the heroine pool again. (75% 6* rolls this time sample size 4)

- last time around (February) I pulled way too many times, tempted to chase but I know that my alt would benefit more from the PCGF and my main could use a fujin, carat or facet.

- my pull rates the first time were horrendous.

Made some room on my friends list. I run D Athena and Kush. Third slot will probably be the new Metatron but I tend to have Myr, Bastet switching around some.

333 752 218

Negator

I watched Dzy pull in vain and felt his pain. Once I got literally everything else in the machine I instantly went itstimetostop.jpg

Bladelaw

I watched Dzy pull in vain and felt his pain. Once I got literally everything else in the machine I instantly went itstimetostop.jpg

I'm still missing Julie and Illmina but I've jumped way over my expense cap on this REM. Given the chance I'd probably trade Uruka for Illmina too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pulled again, I keep getting the 6* Devil Girl. So keep one, sold the other 2. 100k MP.

It's not like my Godfest rolls have been better.

LiQuid!

Been going thru the new challenge mode on both accounts (this tri-hero with 2 leaders is WAY less irritating than the old challenge mode) and using all the stones for heroine rem. Getting all the good stuff on my alt, natch. Gonna suck only having a Meri on one my accounts. Maybe I'll sell some of these Mels and Sheenas and get a Neptune dragon if I don't snag a 2nd one.

W-00

Been going thru the new challenge mode on both accounts (this tri-hero with 2 leaders is WAY less irritating than the old challenge mode) and using all the stones for heroine rem. Getting all the good stuff on my alt, natch. Gonna suck only having a Meri on one my accounts. Maybe I'll sell some of these Mels and Sheenas and get a Neptune dragon if I don't snag a 2nd one.

Do you have a Ryune on your main? She pairs well with Meri. I expect that UUvo Andromeda would also be an acceptable pairing.

LiQuid!

Do you have a Ryune on your main? She pairs well with Meri. I expect that UUvo Andromeda would also be an acceptable pairing.

I wish. My main account's blue box is pretty abysmal actually. I would probably struggle to put a team together even with a Meri or a Neptune Dragon on it.

Jagernaut

Dark Athena purchasers, are you satisfied with her? I still haven't bought her yet and I'm sitting on 1.3 million mp. I have 2 Haku and Loki, would use Persephone for the last slot. Just missing top inherits like Ryune, Lumiel, and gemstones.

Dark Athena purchasers, are you satisfied with her? I still haven't bought her yet and I'm sitting on 1.3 million mp. I have 2 Haku and Loki, would use Persephone for the last slot. Just missing top inherits like Ryune, Lumiel, and gemstones.
I haven't had time to bang on A3 enough to beat it, which was the reason I got her, but she's still really fun. I was really burnt out playing Krishna for everything.

My team is:

DAth (Force)
Haku (Lumiel)
Haku (5 turn Susano)
Durga (Muse)
Yomi (Anaphon)

If I can ever get Hinomitsuha to drop I'm probably going to replace Yomi with her since she has two TPAs to bring her damage in line with the others while also having 2 fingers so I'll only lose 1 sec move time.

I'm missing some parts of the ideal team too but my failures in A3 have been just due to error, so I'm confident I can get there eventually with what I have.

jiggle

hard choices for godfest

Day1 kushi ilm eschamali

Day2 ruel Lumiel Pandora diaochan sima yi ryune blonia saria

Day2 wins by quantity but Ilm is my most wanted

W-00

Looks like I'm rolling on day 1 if I'm rolling. I'm probably rolling.

My main has all of the heroes except Takeru. My alt is missing Pandora in addition to Takeru, but doesn't have a great use for her at the moment.
Both main and alt already have Lumiel and Ruel, so there's no real need to go after more Angels 2 when they aren't up with something I'm chasing.
The only 3K2 either account has is a Diaochan on my alt, but since they're all 6*s I won't chase them unless there's another prize I can chase at the same time.

My main doesn't have anything from JP2, while my alt only has Ame no Uzume.
Main and alt both only have one from Indian2 (Sarasvati on main and Krishna on alt).
Main and alt both have Akechi (and alt has Ishida), but Samurai is a good pantheon, so even dupes could be useful.

I'd really prefer to have the dragonbounds on day 1, but you can't have everything.

I feel like dupes of the non-Rozuel angels are worthwhile in the long run so I guess I'll roll for that

everything else I would like is too scarce or spread out (Ame no Uzumi, Okuninushi, Ganesha, Sun Wukong) or 6*s that aren't worth rolling for.

With ~110 stones I have some to spare, though

Top Bottom