• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I need too much crap from both days and I just dropped 40 stones on stupid heroines damn it.

J0dy77

Came away with 5 new +297 after dumping all my horded PAL points.

Now to give Revo Kush a real chance. Still not sure what to do about my last spot in the team.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
+15 eggs are nicer than +9 but it's triggering my OCD a little bit to waste that extra +3 when you combine 20 of them.

Bladelaw

Finally got Coloring Book Sakuya. still no luck on Kali, I think that's ~300 rolls with no love.

Oh well I'm flush with 297's now. I attempted A1 with Kushi and cleared it but I'm still not good enough to bring her into things like A3. Dathena works just fine though. I'm still waiting impatiently for and dragon or physical or even machine killers to spawn on a successful run though.

I might roll pretty hard on day 2 on my main and alt. Heroes and 3k2 are both real nice also shots at Kanna and Dmeta are always welcome.

J0dy77

Finally got Coloring Book Sakuya. still no luck on Kali, I think that's ~300 rolls with no love.

Oh well I'm flush with 297's now. I attempted A1 with Kushi and cleared it but I'm still not good enough to bring her into things like A3. Dathena works just fine though. I'm still waiting impatiently for and dragon or physical or even machine killers to spawn on a successful run though.

I might roll pretty hard on day 2 on my main and alt. Heroes and 3k2 are both real nice also shots at Kanna and Dmeta are always welcome.

I've rolled 7 coloring book Kalis, fed one of them this morning because I don't think I'll ever use any of them. Still chasing Sakuya but don't think she's anything more than a trophy.

+15 eggs are nicer than +9 but it's triggering my OCD a little bit to waste that extra +3 when you combine 20 of them.

Word.

Anyway, I managed to nab a Coloring Book Sakuya! I also hit rank 500 and got that extra team slot. From how other P&Ders were talking about hitting rank 500, I thought there'd be...like...a special prize or something. :( Oh well.

LiQuid!

I have now gotten both coloring book waifus on my alt. Neither on my main. This is consistent with all of my experiences with Puzzle and Dragons where I get all the fun stuff on my alt and nothing on my main.

Aesnath

Upcoming godfest seems pretty good.

I'm guessing day 1 is the best idea for me, as I want three each of Samurai and Indian 2, even though I don't really want anything of Japanese 2. The GFE are also pretty lame day 1.

In contrast, I would like dupes of heroes for day 2, but I don't want any angels (don't play ronnie, have two ruels and a lumiel) and don't need any 3k2. However, the GFE I do want are all on day 2 (blue sonia, blue odin, kaede #3). Still, I'm not rolling for a bunch of 6* GFE.

bjork

What's the general opinion of Goetia? I did her last evolution because I could, but I'd never really looked at her before. 7x for characters with wood+dark, so I'd imagine a great team could be made, yeah?

Bladelaw

What's the general opinion of Goetia? I did her last evolution because I could, but I'd never really looked at her before. 7x for characters with wood+dark, so I'd imagine a great team could be made, yeah?

It's great for a lot of content, but you're not clearing anything high level. If you're looking to blow through normal challenge mode it's a quick clear (though Revo Kagu as a friend helper works just as well IMO).

It's an excellent option for newer players looking to clear early descends but it'll hit a roadblock when you need HP/RCV/Utility to get through problematic spawns.

bjork

It's great for a lot of content, but you're not clearing anything high level. If you're looking to blow through normal challenge mode it's a quick clear (though Revo Kagu as a friend helper works just as well IMO).

It's an excellent option for newer players looking to clear early descends but it'll hit a roadblock when you need HP/RCV/Utility to get through problematic spawns.

Sounds similar to how my experience was when I used Kushinadahime as my leader for like a year. Bummer!

Do most people max them to 297? I did +99 before and am doing +90 now because most things that come from the REM has + to a stat already and you are really wasting a lot it it's +50 or higher. This way when I want to max something I can get them as close to 297 without going over and then build up a single mule with the missing amount over time.

Maybe I'm the obsessive one, haha

Aesnath

Sounds similar to how my experience was when I used Kushinadahime as my leader for like a year. Bummer!

Look at it this way, Meri gives you the same multiplier, with six orbs. With fewer orbs, Goetia is better, but she never gets any better than that. Meri, on the other had, scales up 129x and gives you crazy RCV as well.

Much of the game is like this now. Why would you use something with just an attack multiplier, no matter how easy or high, when lots of leads give you defensive bonuses as well.

On the other hand, the "no muss-no fuss" aspect of the leaderskill could make her useable on content you want to complete quickly, such as the current challenge mode. 49x kills most everything in normal, no active required. So she's a nice option to have, but not something to really rely on.

Bladelaw

I'm not saying you can't build a Goetia/Nova team to clear A1, just that most of the subpool might be better utilized as a lead instead.

Here's a Goetia A1 team that would have a shot:
Goetia (Ulquiorra for spike)
Aamir (Garbage clear inherit like Satsuki)
Awoken Okuni (for the Delay)
Awoken Yomi (Awoken Persephone/Eschamali)
Zuoh (Cauchemar)
Goetia (Akechi/Haku/Pandora/Satsuki/Bicolor)

Save Cauchemar for DQ Hera

Aamir is tama insurance and Apollo insurance (Apollo preemptively binds all green cards IIRC), You can use Halloween Alraune instead, this frees up a slot for D/G Persephone over A. Yomi.

Ulquiorra spikes off dark OE of which you'll have plenty. It should be enough to drop Kali out of the danger zone.

Okuni is for floor 15. This can be a problem on Parvati since the low RCV might mean you're doomed no matter what. Given the unconditional no scaling 49x it might hit too hard, I'd have to check.

Zuoh is for HP and a useful board change. If you inherit something to clear poisons elsewhere it lets you save Cauchemar's shield for DQ Hera. I'm thinking it's enough but I haven't done the math.

My point is, while it's possible for a lead like Goetia to clear A1 you're better off using her as a sub or inherit if you have a more developed box.

bjork

Look at it this way, Meri gives you the same multiplier, with six orbs. With fewer orbs, Goetia is better, but she never gets any better than that. Meri, on the other had, scales up 129x and gives you crazy RCV as well.

Much of the game is like this now. Why would you use something with just an attack multiplier, no matter how easy or high, when lots of leads give you defensive bonuses as well.

On the other hand, the "no muss-no fuss" aspect of the leaderskill could make her useable on content you want to complete quickly, such as the current challenge mode. 49x kills most everything in normal, no active required. So she's a nice option to have, but not something to really rely on.

Whoa, what. I've had 20.25x as most so far?

Aesnath

Sure, but that isn't counting her passive 6.25x multiplier for water types. Her full multiplier is 6.25x20.25=126.556 or so. I thought it was 129, but I'm lame.

Game never tells you about multipliers that you don't earn on board. If you played Goetia, it wouldn't say anything, but you'd be getting the 49x for everything of the correct color types.

That's just how the multiplier shows up in-game and it only shows the scaling part, which is a pet peeve of mine. I wish it would show the entire multiplier because big numbers are fun.

No skyfall matches. Water attribute cards ATK x2.5, RCV x2.5. ATK x3 when simultaneously clearing 6 connected Water orbs. ATK x0.5 for each additional orb, up to ATK x4.5 at 9 connected orb.
The 2.5x is passive for all water cards so that isn't factored in to what you see. You are shown the scaling part which maxes at 4.5x per leader which is 20.25x total.

2.5 * 2.5 = 6.25x

6.25 * 20.25 = her true max of 126.5625x

EDIT: Damn, beaten like all the normals all over again.

bjork

Well hell. I have like 660 days or something and I still barely know how to work the game, ha. Thanks to you all for humoring me!

Bladelaw

Does anyone have a good Revo Astaroth A3 guide? I'm pretty sure I have enough subs/inherits to pull it off consistently but I'm at a loss in a few places.

I'm currently running
Revo Astaroth
Revo Astaroth
Revo Parvati
Michael
Romia
Revo Astaroth

Inherits aren't finalized but I have access to almost any relevant actives.
I'm thinking of using some of the following but not sure on who:
Cauchemar
Cameo
Ishida
Ras
Gronia
Ma Chao (anti Ilsix)
Fujin (Hera Dragon)
Australis
Susano
Indra

Thoughts? I know a Cameo Burst is enough to drop Heph resolve so I plan on popping that the turn before the radar dragon. This means of course I need Fujin in the event Hera spawns cause I'm not sure I'll be able to kill her in ~5 turns.

Bladelaw

Yuki just put up a solo A3 revo Astaroth video last night, but I got home late so I didn't have time to watch it. Looks like green Kali sub and 2x Astaroth subs; didn't have a chance to peek at his inherits. Uses RCV badge.

He also has a few suggestions/thoughts in the comments

That's actually what got me on this kick. RCV or TE badge is a given. I don't have a GKali and it looks like she's just a stat stick, Romia is a comparable albeit bindable alternative. Parvati is mean to replace one of the Astys in his team. He was using Gronia, Cameo, Fujin, Ishida, and force as inherits. He said during the vod he didn't have a plan for Heph, I'm trying to patch that hole.

W-00

Well, got R. Sakuya on my main, which was the last one either account was missing. I know her gravity won't be useful very often, but it's nice to have another unbindable red bind-clearer (previously my main only had Rozzie and the red dragon knight).

Then my alt got its third B. Kali. I can't sell her because there might conceivably be a time when blue needs a light Kali active, but until then she's just taking up space in my box.

Got a few new +297s out of it. Notably Hino, Tsubaki, Avalon Drake, and Yomi on my main and Antares, Sumire, and Eschamali on my alt. I also have a bunch of cards where one stat is now +99 and the other two are +60, so it looks like I'll be working on making +39s for a while.

Also, today is my alt's 300th day, so yay for 10 free stones.

I reeeeeaaaaallly wish there were a way to bank more PAL points for such an occasion considering how easy they are to get now and the constant BF resets. I don't care about any other PEMs and it sucks to have to try and maneuver around guessing when the garbage "rare monsters" will pop up so I spend on the marginally more useful enhance/evo mats.

Doubling the total to 100 rolls would be nice.

LiQuid!

This godfest is pretty good but I'm seriously thinking about dumping more stones into this god damned heroine machine to try and chase leader pairs on my main. Most of the best GF pulls I could get would be quality of life subs for teams I already run, but having a Meri or Julie on my main would be so much more useful. I just know I'm going to pull another fucking Mel which is going to lead to me throwing and breaking my phone.

edit: oh btw if you guys aren't fucking with this new box sorting you are FUCKING YOUR LIFE UP. Took me a while to get everything set up the way it makes sense but now that it's set up this game's finally working for me instead of the other way around. I got all the shit I'm working on evo'ing or awaking set aside in their own box, and all my "complete" cards that are ready to be used in a team or as an assist in the other box. Really nice to be able to look at my "complete" box and get a better sense for the size of my full arsenal of team-ready shit vs. all the crap that just sits in my box taking up space. I assumed both my accounts would be relatively equal in that regard since there's only about a month of played time difference between them, but my main acct has something like 80 fully awakened cards vs. my alts 50ish. Really strange considering it feels like I always get the best shit on the alt...

I just want to take a moment to say THANK YOU GUNGHO for the reworked Friday dungeons. Now that Mythlits and Dub-mythlits are guaranteed drops I've been able to evolve so many monsters today that I ran out of other evo materials in some cases. AND I've been able to stockpile them for more evolutions next week.

Quantum

This godfest is pretty good but I'm seriously thinking about dumping more stones into this god damned heroine machine to try and chase leader pairs on my main. Most of the best GF pulls I could get would be quality of life subs for teams I already run, but having a Meri or Julie on my main would be so much more useful. I just know I'm going to pull another fucking Mel which is going to lead to me throwing and breaking my phone.

FWIW
the first time the heroine REM rolled around I figured I'd just burn a pack or two on my main - one of my last pulls was meri - I was very happy, but wanted it on my alt.

for my alt it took four packs (five?) to roll meri - my alt got all the cool others, none of which I got on my main.

if you have dath, stop - don't alt roll.

dath stops all reason to roll a julie or meri on alt.

no dath? - meri was the first mob after B.myr to make me play again - dual meri's RECK face.

aside: just had a martini at the beekman hotel - way too much vermouth.

W-00

Made some Godfest rolls.

Main:
Mitsuki
Izanagi
Sitri (dupe)
Salamander (sold)
Thuban
Evolved Fuu

I'd say Thuban was the prize there, considering that I've been wanting an unbindable red machine for a good while now.

Alt:
Alrescha
Grape Dragon (sold)
Ifrit (sold)
Sleeping Beauty (dupe)
Leeza
Maeda Keiji
Sea Serpent (sold)

I think Leeza was the prize there, since she's useful for quite a few ALB builds. Maybe Alrescha, too, but I haven't really looked into her. I used to want Keiji, but now that there are orb-unlockers, board-refresh has lost a lot of its appeal.

Overall, I probably should have saved my stones.

jiggle

I couldn't resist giving it a go for ilm
Main: kagu dupe. Wrong jpn series wtf
Alt: izanagi.

Hope I have better luck tmw lol

Kwhit10

I'll throw a Yolo roll day 1 even since I have most of the featured and I'll roll more day 2.

Fujin sweet! Maybe I'll keep trying my luck...
Mistain aka gungho saying that was a mistake.

LiQuid!

Took 10 stones I was gonna roll on the GF and pulled heroine again.

Mel.

Mel is the worst card in all of puzzle and dragons.

bjork

Did some godfest pulls, got a few I don't know about:
- Mori Motonari (2 turn charge sounds great though)
- Parvati
- Shining Dragon Swordsman (I think he's part of Myr's evolution set, maybe?) [edit - I was thinking of Verche, which this dude is not that dude, even evolved]

Then a lemon dragon and a dupe light Kali, but I have four of her now.

I just want to take a moment to say THANK YOU GUNGHO for the reworked Friday dungeons. Now that Mythlits and Dub-mythlits are guaranteed drops I've been able to evolve so many monsters today that I ran out of other evo materials in some cases. AND I've been able to stockpile them for more evolutions next week.

I agree with this, too. Running a bunch of times for maybe one copy each week was quite annoying. I didn't get as many copies as I need for all my evolutions, but it's nice to know there's like 90% less leg work now.

LiQuid!

Haha, I just spent like 150 stamina trying to figure out what team I could beat Legendary skyway with for the challenge mode. Finally beat it with Revo Bastet and then realized I didn't set it to challenge mode.

Kwhit10

Haha, I just spent like 150 stamina trying to figure out what team I could beat Legendary skyway with for the challenge mode. Finally beat it with Revo Bastet and then realized I didn't set it to challenge mode.

I buttoned with rodin/rodin/ilmina/rodin. The Ilmina board with her killers took care of boss.

If the challenges have 5-7 levels I've been doing that team. If they have more or need higher damage for multiple levels I've been doing izanagi/paimon/A. Apollo/Myr. There are never any preemptives to kill the cross heart activation carry.

Kwhit10

So I'm looking how to improve my Revo kush team. And since I'm not buying Dark Athena I'm looking at the Odin dragon form that is healer and has 7combo awakening. I'm thinking this would be a great sub with unbindable bind clear as well. The only guard break I have is on allura (voltron). 2 slots are definitely my two Revo Haku. Anyone else using Odin dragon for kush?

Main:
Red Valk - New and now I feel like I have to roll more for Kush.
Water Wizard - New but meh
Evil Knight, Creuse - New, possible handy inherit someday

Alt:
Eschemali - Dupe
LKali - New but meh
Zuoh - New
Yo Minazuki - New
Krishna - Dupe
Blue Sticker Girl - Trash
Kushinada - New but I only have 1 Haku on this account.

So what say you Kush players, how far can you stray from the optimal team of 3 Hakus and still kick ass? Anyone else have good alternatives?

Might end up whaling for my main since Sarasvati, Sanada, Kush, and others would make great additions to my main box. Not sure yet tho.

W-00

Might end up whaling for my main since Sarasvati, Sanada, Kush, and others would make great additions to my main box. Not sure yet tho.

I'd recommend against it. Based on what I've seen so far it doesn't look like the triple-pantheon/no-gala makes up for the low rates.

J0dy77

I'm hoping for new three kingdoms tomorrow but the rates are pretty low. Word on reddit has this fest being a silver egg trap.

hermit7

2 rolls today one was xiahou dun, second was the green g/d board change.

Both are dupes. I really would have liked the d/b three kingdoms but I like my Athena team with pers and think it is pretty good already.

W-00

Though I knew it was a bad idea, I decided to roll again on my main with some stones from challenge mode. I wanted to do the low-battery meme.

It was a gold egg!

It was Sadalmelik (dupe).

Yeah, I'm saving the rest of my stones for PCGF. At least until we see what it will be, anyways. Sure, it's likely to be a trap overloaded with 6*s, but I'd at least expect the rates for the 5*s to be higher than the ones in this trap, and we know Kushi will be there.

Not entirely sure why I want Kushi, though. There's no way I'll ever be good enough to play with her.

LiQuid!

Been grinding HARD on challenges all day on my alt for stones so I can pull a bunch tomorrow. My puzzling finger is aching and numb as hell right now. I might not be able to physically play any more. I guess I should have listened to all that nagging to take a break every hour. Whoops.

Top Bottom